From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

I only scout players who are under 22 and worth more than £500k, which narrows down my scouting to around 3000 potential players. I'm obviously missing out on the older players, but by narrowing down my searches it seems to be a lot more effective.

I also have 26 scouts which helps :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2033/34

The club has been dominating in Europe, so all we can hope for are improvements to the facilities and the other clubs to try and catch up.

League Table

A perfect season.

Domestic Cups - we managed to get knocked out of the League Cup early!

UEFA Super Cup - we just didn't take our chances.

FIFA Club World Cup - we destroyed them.

UEFA Champions League - despite dropping points in the first match, the group stage was easy enough. The knockout rounds were easy, apart from the amazing comeback needed against Real Madrid. For the fourth time in six years we faced Atletico Madrid in the final, with the same result every time. Linfield had a pretty decent year in Europe, so hopefully that will earn them some coefficient points.

Squad - we simply couldn't afford to keep the squad from last season, so there has been quite a few changes. Still, the squad feels just as strong.

Transfers - the finances needed sorting out, so I was forced to get involved in the transfer market even though I didn't want to.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he's still banging them in.

Edson - he stepped back into the support role he plays so well.

Lapa - another great season for the midfielder.

Luan - a new striker to replace Berardi, and a steal at £10m.

Admir Juric - another great season for the youngster.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The stadium is a decent size now (37k) so I'm hoping that one day the chairman will finally decide to invest in the youth facilities. Other than that, I just need to keep on winning things to give the other clubs in NI the best chance of progressing in Europe.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - no change

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 106th in FIFA rankings - down 24

Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 5

Glentoran - 126th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

They are making massive strides. Done great work getting 3 Champions League places.

Quick question, when you downloaded the kits. What file did you save them in and did you have to reload skins?

They are making massive strides. Done great work getting 3 Champions League places.

Quick question, when you downloaded the kits. What file did you save them in and did you have to reload skins?

The only reason we've had 3 CL spots recently was because we were winning it. If we lose in the CL it means that Linfield go back to losing in the qualifiers and Glentoran don't even get to do that :(

My kits are saved here: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\Kits and yes, the skin needs to be reloaded every time new ones are added.

Interesting couple of bits of Champions League news:

Glentoran managed to beat Sturm Graz in the qualifiers then get an away draw with Benfica. One match away from making the gorup stage and they blew it :(

Linfield managed to just sneak into the 3rd seed group in the draw, but got a horrible looking group :(

Blimey, tough luck for Linfield. Good sign of progress for Glentoran though. Are they starting to form the 'big 3' in N.Ireland now then?

It seems that way, there usually seems to be a gap to 4th place and the club seems to change each season. It was such a shame Glentoran lost, getting three clubs in the group stage would have been massive for NI.

It's a shame for Glentoran's finances, but I guess they will earn more points in Europa League.

How are Linfield's finances now? I believe they must at least secure, if not rich after few years of CL participation. Any signs of increased transfer activity from their side?

It's a shame for Glentoran's finances, but I guess they will earn more points in Europa League.

How are Linfield's finances now? I believe they must at least secure, if not rich after few years of CL participation. Any signs of increased transfer activity from their side?

They are listed as 'secure', but you can see the difference in their transfers over the last few years. They spent £3.2m on a player a few years ago!

I only scout players who are under 22 and worth more than £500k, which narrows down my scouting to around 3000 potential players. I'm obviously missing out on the older players, but by narrowing down my searches it seems to be a lot more effective.

I also have 26 scouts which helps :D

Wow, that's phenomenal. My board was refusing more than twenty when I was winning the Premiership and the Champions League!

Do you tend to sign on the basis of your own assessment of their skills, the scout's assessment of their CA, or the scout's assessment of their PA? Sorry if I'm being a pain, just genuinely astounded at the players you've managed to pick up. In my most recent game I played "blind", never looking at a players stats and relying purely on scouts, form and my assistant manager's thoughts to make decisions and whilst I unearthed some of the world's best players, I wasn't doing it with anything like the consistency that you are.

Wow, that's phenomenal. My board was refusing more than twenty when I was winning the Premiership and the Champions League!

Do you tend to sign on the basis of your own assessment of their skills, the scout's assessment of their CA, or the scout's assessment of their PA? Sorry if I'm being a pain, just genuinely astounded at the players you've managed to pick up. In my most recent game I played "blind", never looking at a players stats and relying purely on scouts, form and my assistant manager's thoughts to make decisions and whilst I unearthed some of the world's best players, I wasn't doing it with anything like the consistency that you are.

Basically, I look for young players who could go straight into my first team. Usually I'll look for players that have decent PA, but they must also have good CA otherwise I find they rarely reach their potential rating. I use the scout stars to identify potential signings, sometimes looking at the attributes if I have a choice of one or more players.

Player Search

It is sorted by PA, then CA, so the ones at the top of the list are the ones I look to sign. The player at the top looks like an ideal signing, but I don't use the MC position.

Basically, I look for young players who could go straight into my first team. Usually I'll look for players that have decent PA, but they must also have good CA otherwise I find they rarely reach their potential rating. I use the scout stars to identify potential signings, sometimes looking at the attributes if I have a choice of one or more players.

Player Search

It is sorted by PA, then CA, so the ones at the top of the list are the ones I look to sign. The player at the top looks like an ideal signing, but I don't use the MC position.

All probably seems a little obvious, but very interesting. You certainly seem to have a much better breadth of quality players on your radar, I suspect tweaking the scouting parameters made a big difference there. And the point about the CA is also very true... I've had a lot of players that have gone on to have good careers, but it has taken them so long to mature properly that they've done it elsewhere after I've given up on them ever being good enough for the team. On the plus side, you can make a healthy transfer profit, but it does mean a squad full of players who are unlikely to ever actually make it. Cheers for all the info and screenshot, much appreciated.

I'm playing in the northern irish league too and have the same problem with no youth facilities.

Its early days for me yet and i only just got a stadium increase.

I'm playing it slightly differently though as i sign players that my scouts give high PA to and farm them out of feeder teams but i'm having trouble keeping them as my "youth reserves" always storm the second and first divisions and i lose my feeder team.

They then promptly get pumped in the premier as they tend not to have any players.

Do you have any feeder clubs?

I've got four feeder clubs (3 in NI and one in Ireland) but I rarely use them, so they tend to stick around.

The youth facilities situation is getting a bit silly now, I've been making a bit of money in the hope that will get it started. If not, there's always a new owner that might change things.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2034/35

The challenge for Bourneview was almost non existent, so all we need to do is keep it up to give the other clubs the est chance of improving. Both Linfield and Glentoran seem to be picking up, so I'm hoping they can keep up their progress.

League Table

Just the one slip up, which came at the hands of Glentoran.

Domestic Cups - we won the lot, without conceding a goal.

UEFA Super Cup - a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - we made easy work of this one as well.

UEFA Champions League - we stumbled through the group stage, but managed to top it. The knockout rounds were routine, although we needed this comeback at the Nou Camp. This set up the annual Bourneview vs Atletico final, which went the way it always goes. It is pretty crazy that five out of the last seven finals have featured the same two teams!

Linfield in Europe - this was a monumental achievement given the group draw which will do wonders for the coefficients, hopefully keeping Linfield third seeds.

Glentoran in Europe - they were a home win from making the CL group stage, but instead had to settle for the Europa League where they had a few good results and finished third in their group.

Squad - I tried to rim the squad down a bit this year to give players more games, which worked well until we suffered with injuries. I think I will need to sign a couple of new players.

Transfers - I continued to sort out the finances as I replaced a few players while making big profits. I could have done without the chairman selling Junior though, who I can't really replace.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - I tried giving him as many games as possible to see how many he scored, the results were impressive.

Edson - provided support for Vuko, but had a quiet season.

Ramil Yershov - 46 assists was incredible from the versatile midfielder.

Jorge Ubieto - a youngster pinched from Barca, who got a lot more games than expected.

Saman Maqsood - a young striker with a knack for scoring goals.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The other clubs really seem to be picking up, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes the coefficients. I'm also hoping there will be some news from the chairman soon about either a takeover, a stadium expansion or some new youth facilities.

Stadium expansion it is, which will take us up to around 45k.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 1

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 86th in FIFA rankings - up 20

Linfield - 35th in UEFA coefficients - up 8

Glentoran - 88th in UEFA coefficients - up 38

Our run of CL wins has given the other clubs a chance to make huge strides in Europe, but for us to move forward as a country we really need three teams making the group stages of the CL. Hopefully the rise of the Premiership might help the other clubs out, which might give some of the other clubs a chance fo winning more matches in the qualifiers.

A vast gulf in quality then, how long do you think it'll be until you get 4 champions league spots? is that only for the best 3 nations?

We are a long way off that, we only have tow at the moment, plus an extra one every time we win the CL. I'm not sure I'll ever get to the point where we have four spots, but we will see.

Does Real Madrid still have the most Champions League titles? How many more you need to reach them?

Perhaps it would be good time to activate at least top 5 leagues in Europe, to see how much harder would it be for you to continue European domination. If you are aiming for top 5 spot, it would be fair to give equal conditions to your competition.

And also to have insight view on Atletico Madrid domination in Spain. Why are Real and Barca sleeping?

Does Real Madrid still have the most Champions League titles? How many more you need to reach them?

Perhaps it would be good time to activate at least top 5 leagues in Europe, to see how much harder would it be for you to continue European domination. If you are aiming for top 5 spot, it would be fair to give equal conditions to your competition.

And also to have insight view on Atletico Madrid domination in Spain. Why are Real and Barca sleeping?

Real Madrid have won the most with 13, which means I'm not even half way to beating them.

Adding a load of leagues is a tough one for me. It will bring the much needed advantage of better competition for my team, but it might kill off the chances of Linfield and Glentoran completely. Then there's the main issue, speed. My laptop is a couple of years old and although it isn't exactly slow, adding new leagues would slow my game game somewhat. My aim was to zoom through the seasons quickly, and unfortunately I think adding more leagues will just slow me down. Perhaps it could be something I try if I manage to get NI to the top?

The Atletico Madrid situation is an odd one. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still the two dominant teams in Spain, no one has else has managed to finish in the top two in La Liga since I started my game. Atletico Madrid have finished 3rd for under half of those seasons. It appears that they have just done really well in Europe as their squad is weaker than Real/Barca.

Dude i cant comprehend your awesomeness of turning that league in to one of europes best!

We are getting there, but there is still a long way to go. At the moment we have three clubs who seem to be making progress, ideally we need more clubs to join in an provide a bit of competition for the European spots.

Next season could also be tough with just 2 CL spots, so we might take a little backwards step.

We are getting there, but there is still a long way to go. At the moment we have three clubs who seem to be making progress, ideally we need more clubs to join in an provide a bit of competition for the European spots.

Next season could also be tough with just 2 CL spots, so we might take a little backwards step.

One question tho, do you help the other teams to succed by like loaning out players to them?

How have you managed to sort by PA then CA on the player search screen because on my game I can "sort by one or the other" but not "one then another"' date=' if you know what I mean. ;)[/quote']

Sort the first column then hold down shift and press the second column.

Archived