From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another excellent season and really promising news with Linfield's European performance! Are they starting to get some decent-ish players or was it a bit of a fluke?

They are definitely improving, but it was a bit of fluke in that the teams they beat had much better squads than them. They are bringing in some decent players from Scotland, but until they start looking outside of the UK they are going to find it hard to get much better.

Can you add at least Linfield and Glentoran to the reputations report?

I'll add them next time, here they are at the moment:

Linfield - 57th in UEFA coefficients

Glentoran - 137th in UEFA coefficients

Linfield are in with a great chance of making even more progress as they will be in the group stage again this year thanks to our CL win.

Wow your squad is just insane, the rate at which your team has progressed is incredible. What are your aims for the future? Developing N.I youth?

I'd love to be able to do something about the state of the NI national team by developing some NI players, but without any youth facilities I really can't. Even clubs like Linfield, Glentoran, Portadown etc. have all abandoned the NI players, going for GB players instead.

Just wondering but have you changed the leagues at all as you've progressed or have you just stuck with the same ones you started with?

I haven't touched them. I quite fancy loading a few of the bigger European leagues but I'm quite enjoying the balance of the database and the speed at the moment.

Have you considered leaving Bourneview and maybe taking another club to the top? One with youth facilities?

It is tempting, but I'm determined to try and do this by managing just one club and not having any influence on the others at all. That should guarantee the game lasts the long term.

Brilliant dafuge absolutely brilliant but what now...? :confused:

The challenge of taking my club to the top looks like it is over, but the battle to drag the league up with me is still going.

Then there's the issue of the non existent youth facilities which are stopping me from helping NI out.

Plenty to do still :cool:

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2032/33

We have established ourselves as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, if not the biggest. All there is to do now is keep on winning in the hope the other clubs catch up or our chairman decides to build some youth facilities.

League Table

Not quite up to last season in terms of goals, but the major story was Glentoran ending our 254 game unbeaten run.

Domestic Cups - the usual clean sweep.

UEFA Super Cup - an interesting club to face, but we destroyed them.

FIFA Club World Cup - a bit more convincing than last year, but it was another win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was fairly routine, even with the Man City defeat that nearly saw us lose top spot. The biggest scare in the knockout rounds was against Marseille, where despite dominating we made it through by the narrowest of margins. The final was tight, but we never looked like losing.

Squad - quality all over, this squad is getting better and better.

Transfers - a very quiet year for transfers, although with the sliding finances we may need to be a bit more active soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he had a slow start but picked up towards the end. I took him off penalties which may have made a big difference.

Edson - definitely our best striker now.

Lapa - brilliant again.

Agustín Berardi - another great year for the third choice striker.

Admir Juric - he's a new signing that deserves a mention, he should be my first choice winger soon.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The challenge to take Bourneview to the top is well and truly over, now we need the others to pick up. Linfield finished bottom of their tough CL group and Glentoran had the usual exit in the qualifiers so it doesn't look as if much is happening there.

Just got a rather hefty stadium expansion, from 24k up to 37k :cool:

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - no change

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 82nd in FIFA rankings - up 7

Linfield - 48th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

Glentoran - 128th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

The reputations seem to be hitting a bit of a wall now, there's not a lot more we can do as a club but wait and hope the others improve.

I've gone past the league reset date now, so can't really compare them easily. I'll try and get a screenshot up once I've got stuck into next season.

Cheers, should be interesting to see whether you're dominating that too..

Here are the league stats for attendances, we are about 12 games in and our stadium capacity is currently restricted to 22652. We have an expansion due soo that should take us up to around 37k.

Averages

%

Sellouts

Linfield Averages - this is probably the most important one, and they are not the only club to have seen an increase in attendances recently.

Thats a pretty consistant increase (except 1 year) for Linfield. Good for the league with 3 Champions League places which can only help attendances.

Like the fact that Portadown have a 6.62% average attendance :lol:.

Archived