From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing progress, just spent the morning reading this. I hope to achieve similar things in my Wales save. Have you had any progress on the youth facilities side of things as i know you had a problem with them being rented a while back, i'm having the same problem unfortunatly.

Amazing progress, just spent the morning reading this. I hope to achieve similar things in my Wales save. Have you had any progress on the youth facilities side of things as i know you had a problem with them being rented a while back, i'm having the same problem unfortunatly.

There has been no progress at all with the youth facilities, we still don't have any :(

My only hope is that the youth facilities are linked to the stadium, so a new ground might mean new facilities. I think my ground has finally hit its expansion limit, so there might be some news on that fairly soon.

My only hope is that the youth facilities are linked to the stadium, so a new ground might mean new facilities.

That seems to be the case, i have had the same problem in a previous save (albeit in a different country; Finland), after the building of a new stadium my board announced Youth Facilities without me even asking for them.

Been enjoying following this thread, it has inspired me to keep going with 'lesser' clubs rather than just jump straight in with a Barcelona save or whatever. ;)

In terms of the youth facilities, i had the same problem as you with having rented and no option to upgrade, however on my save in Wale i've just been given the option to upgrade without having to build a new stadium although i'm not sure what kind of level they will be at. Hope this helps.

Great capacity, how does it compare with the one you have now? Let's hope this means you can finally improve your youth facilities now!

It is about 6000 seats bigger than my current stadium, which doesn't sound a lot but it will be bigger than Linfield's :D

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2030/31

Last season may have been step back in Europe, but it was a huge step forwards in the growth of the club. Finally we had started to attract better players and even renew the contracts of the good players we had.

League Table

Amazingly, this was considered a poor season. At least the unbeaten record goes on.

Domestic Cups - we won them all again.

UEFA Champions League - we topped a tough group stage, then destroyed Fiorentina followed by narrow wins over Celtic and Real Madrid. The final was tight, but we took our second Champions League crown.

Squad - the squad is finally looking like one of the best in the world, but there are still quite a few gaps to fill.

Transfers - this says a lot about the club at the moment, we are now making a loss in the transfer market.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - just crazy.

Edson - a superb second striker.

Lapa - a great new midfielder.

Tony Okeke - a superb winger.

Agustín Berardi - not quite a first choice, but a great player.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

This was a superb season which nicely set up the news that we are finally moving into a new stadium. Hopefully I can continue to improve the squad and have a chance of producing my own players to join them.

Are any of the other teams in the league even coming close to the level of talent you have on your squad?

Not even close, which is a real shame.

The key issue seems to be that they don't seem to make any effort to scout outside of the UK, which is where the value is in the transfer market.

Brazil - Copa América 2031

I only applied for this job out of curiosity, but when offered the job I thought it might be a useful opportunity for me to pick up a bit of knowledge and the language of the country that many of my Bourneview players come from. Other than a handful of friendlies, my first job was the Copa América being held in Bolivia.

Chile vs Brazil (group stage)

We made really hard work of this, but at least we came away with a win.

Brazil vs Uruguay (group stage)

Bourneview star Edson went nuts as we finally turned on the style. This sets up a big match with Mexico to top the group.

Brazil vs Mexico (group stage)

It was about as evenly matched as you could get, but unfortunately there were no goals.

Final Group Table

The draw meant that Mexico topped the group thanks their better goal difference.

Costa Rica vs Brazil (quarter final)

It looked like it was heading for extra time until Lucio grabbed a late brace.

Colombia vs Brazil (semi final)

The hero from the last match nearly turned the villain as he gave away a late penalty which was saved. Sadly the penalty shootout that followed didn't go our way, with Bourneview defender Harold Parra scoring the winning penalty for Colombia.

Immediately after the Colombia defeat I resigned from my job with Brazil. I won't be looking to take on another international job for the foreseeable future.

It's a shame that other clubs are not even remotely following your progress. That's why I enjoy the most playing with for example with some smaller Ukrainian team, where I can make progress together with giants like Shakhtar and Dynamo, and challenge for position among top 5 nations.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2031/32

Last season we managed to win our second Champions League title as the club really started to feel like a European giant rather than a successful underdog. Now all we need is the other clubs in Northern Ireland to make an effort to catch us up.

League Table

Amazingly this was out worst points total in five years, but this season we were scoring goals for fun.

Domestic Cups - we won them all again, beating Linfield in two of the finals.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a convincing win over tough opposition.

FIFA Club World Cup - it looked like we were going to blow the final once again, but saved it with a very late winner. Finally the question mark can go!

UEFA Champions League - we were beaten to top spot by Liverpool in the group stage, but then went on a rampage in the knockout rounds. We made our way to the final with stunning victories over Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, before destroying Porto to lift a second successive title. Perhaps the biggest story of the tournament though was that Linfield managed to qualify from their group, although they got destroyed by Real Madrid in the next round.

Squad - the squad has come a long way from a few years ago. Players are mostly happy, contract are being signed and at last I can actually plan for the future with the players I have. I'm still constantly looking towards improving the squad, but I can finally bring in youngsters who have a chance of ending their careers with the club.

Transfers - for the second successive year I made a loss in the transfer market. The finances are a bit of a worry (down to £70m now from £180m) but I'm confident I could make a profit by selling players if I needed to.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - not his best season as injuries disrupted it, but still amazing.

Edson - he's probably a better striker than Vuko.

Lapa - a superb contribution from midfield.

Agustín Berardi - it is a good job I'm forced to rotate the squad.

Teté - great stuff from left Teté.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

This season was as good as it could get, winning everything, but the main thing for me was that we are now finally recognised as a club with continental reputation. The new stadium is on the way, although I seemt o have two different dates for completion, two years apart.

Archived