CSF

Matches no longer run in the background?

15 posts in this topic

Not exactly a major issue here (seeing as I usually want to watch the whole game) but still, not in love with the latest change. As it is, if I press the windows screen to look at something else, the game pauses. All well and good except..........we already have a pause button. Particularly in pre-season, sometimes I don't mind to have the match run while I'm doing something else. Now it isn't an option?

Yeah this does seem to be the case. The only way around it is to play in windowed mode and then full-screen the window - you can then switch between windows without FM pausing.

Hopefully it can be resolved in a future patch, though.

How do I play in windowed mode?

Go to Preferences - Display & Sound - change Display: Default to Windowed.

Will there be a patch for this, it is extremely annoying?

If you're going to be switching programs while playing the game, it makes more sense to be in windowed mode anyway, IMO.

[quote name='Lankylars']If you're going to be switching programs while playing the game, it makes more sense to be in windowed mode anyway, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Why? Alt-Tab means you can have true full screen FM and still do other things as well. Windowed FM isnt the same as full screen.

Personally I find windowed mode much better, but that's just my opinion. We are looking into the issue yeah, but I wouldn't expect a fix any time particularly soon I'm afraid.

+1, a fix will be nice, same "problem" for me

and for this time, no way to activate the windowed option, grey

Neil,

This is really annoying when the game pauses when you minimise the game. There are loads of people on the forums who are not happy that this happens (me included). Please can you raise the priority of this as I am surprised that this was removed/not considered in the first place.

Thanks

Why did SI change this in the first place? Just want to show how different it is from FM11'? Make no sense. I really hate this.

[quote name='Neil Brock']Personally I find windowed mode much better, but that's just my opinion. We are looking into the issue yeah, but I wouldn't expect a fix any time particularly soon I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Same, it just seems too big in full screen mode!

Actually, come to think of it, I never really use my whole screen.
Firefox is always on half screen, FM is on windowed so taking up about 2/3rds of the screen, TV shows usually take up the gap on the right that FM leaves blank, never more than half the screen.

The only time I ever have one thing covering my whole screen is when I watch movies!

I play in windowed mode but if I played in full screen this would really annoy me because like many others I sometimes switch to my browser or go to change the music thats playing and just let the game play out.

yup.. hate this... can't see why a tiny little fix can't be knocked up for it... add a tickbox option in preferences... can't see how it would take long and hardly difficult to roll out given we're on steam now...

isnt this the point of steam?

when playing a match go to MATCH VIEW CONTROLS > HIGHLIGHTS view > ONLY COMMENTARY...i did this and worked !!