FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

Be careful with who you sign in Asia as the Asian Champions League has foreign player restrictions.

This has royally screwed me up, I'm close to finishing the first season. My squad has 1 Asian, I think i'll have too much of a job to fill the squad up with Asians. I'll resign once the seasons over then have to move else where.

Cheers for the heads up

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm doing this in my thread over in FMCU :)

Haven't won any yet, but I'm getting to the level of qualification for the tournament at least with my latest club.

Nice to see someone else I will pop over and take a look at your thread.
This has royally screwed me up, I'm close to finishing the first season. My squad has 1 Asian, I think i'll have too much of a job to fill the squad up with Asians. I'll resign once the seasons over then have to move else where.

Cheers for the heads up

On FM11 I did the Asian one with a Saudi team didn't have many Saudi players but because of all the money I was able to sign the best domestic talent. On FM10 I achieved it with an Australian team well I did it with Wellington phoenix so didn't have that many non-Australian or non-New Zealanders.

My first and last season with Al-Wasl in the UAE league is now over.

I finished second in the league, 10 points behind Al-Ain.

This competition must be the lowest in the UAE as we won the Emirates Cup, for some reason this doesn't register on the Hall of Fame which is very frustrating!!

I have now resigned, due to me only having 1 Asian in the squad, this would prove impossible to sign the amount required to compete in the Asian Champions League.

The New England Revolution job became available in the MLS, so I applied and now been offered this. I've never managed here before, all I know is there's a draft and 3 designated players. I'll learn as I go along.

EDIT: I resigned from New England Revolution, I can't be bothered learning the rules. I've loaded Mexico up with all the Asian sides and I'll apply around these leagues.

Yeah, good thing is that the Chinese league is that the rules are the same as the Champions League pretty much apart from being allowed one less foreign player in the matchday squad but starting XI rules pretty much the same (well in the CSL, you're allowed 4 SXI foreign players, 3 non-Asian players in SXI and 5 foreign players in matchday squad and in ACL, you're allowed 4 foreign players in matchday squad and 3 non-Asian players in matchday squad). I only have one Asian foreign player in my squad but he's my attacking midfielder and is very good (as I got rid of Griffiths).

And so far, so good. Got drawn with a Hiroshima, Ulson and Binh Duong. Started off by beating Hiroshama 4-2 at home. We lost to Ulson 1-0 but took down Binh Duong pretty easily 2-1, putting us on 6 points, behind Ulson (9) and ahead of Hiroshima (3) while Binh Duong had lost all 3 games. All we needed pretty much was to draw Hiroshama away from home which we managed to do with a 2-2 draw.

Only played one league game but a strong comeback away from home after going down 2-0 within 5 minutes before our 16 year old attacking midfielder who was playing on the left wing (secondary position) became our youngest scorer in history with a nice header before new Brazilian signing, Eduardo scored after 36 minutes when making a well timed run in behind the defence and easily rounded the keeper to level things up. As the game seemed heading for a 2-2 draw, our substitute left winger, Fan Xiaodong scored a late winner to win 3-2 against Fuli on matchday 1.

Haven't played at all for the last 3 days. Just picked up from my save and I've just qualified for the African Champions League semi-final. Presuming top of Group A plays 2nd in Group B, it looks like I'll have Al Ahly in the semis.

That will be a test they are usually the easiest team to manage in Africa. Good luck dude.

How have people gotten on with the Asian CL?? - I am managing in Australia and it appears that some of the non-playable teams have individual players worth more than the starting 11 of teams in my league, or the other main Asian leagues in Korea and China.

What countries are these teams from Azeryk?

It's 2016 on my save and I have finally got the the chance to hopefully compete in a continental competition after back to back promotions and keeping Crawley in the Championship I resigned and am now manager of Zamalek in Egypt.

Managed to win the AFC, but it was a bit of a struggle. I actually had reigning champions Sundowns in the semi finals, and beat them 11-1 on aggregate. Had Al Ahly in the final, and won the first leg at their ground 4-1. Then came the second leg, and half of my team were away on international duty!!

I had to put in two players who were just coming back from injury and a couple of players from my under 19s just to make a full squad. 2-0 down at half-time, but fortunately just after the break, one of their central defenders got sent off and then they scored an own goal. Clung on for a 5-3 aggregate win.

I think I'm gonna stick around for the Club World Championship and see how I fare. Sundowns actually won the previous 2 AFCs and came 6th out of 6 in both of their attempts, but I think I can do better than that.

Managed to win the AFC, but it was a bit of a struggle. I actually had reigning champions Sundowns in the semi finals, and beat them 11-1 on aggregate. Had Al Ahly in the final, and won the first leg at their ground 4-1. Then came the second leg, and half of my team were away on international duty!!

I had to put in two players who were just coming back from injury and a couple of players from my under 19s just to make a full squad. 2-0 down at half-time, but fortunately just after the break, one of their central defenders got sent off and then they scored an own goal. Clung on for a 5-3 aggregate win.

I think I'm gonna stick around for the Club World Championship and see how I fare. Sundowns actually won the previous 2 AFCs and came 6th out of 6 in both of their attempts, but I think I can do better than that.

The Club World Championship is really good fun, I managed to beat Sao Paolo 4-1 with Auckland City and only lost 1-0 to Barcelona.

Well don on your win and holding on 11-1 in the semi-finals is a great result. Any idea what continent is next?

Not yet, but I kind of want to keep managing Nxumelo, which probably rules out Asia for now. I want to leave Europe for last though, as it's my preferred continent and it'll be hard to leave once I'm there. I might check the foreign player rules for USA, Mexico and South America, and use that to decide.

As an added bonus, I've taken the job of managing Egypt too, so I might see if I can attempt the same thing at international level. No idea how good Egypt are in relation to other African nations though.

Egypt always seem to produce some good newgens on my saves. Mexico is great fun but does limit the foreign players you can have in the side. The last two times I did this I found Europe the easiest as I had built up a good reputation around the world so did it with Real Madrid on FM10 and a sugar daddy funded Sevilla on FM11.

The Club World Championship is really good fun, I managed to beat Sao Paolo 4-1 with Auckland City and only lost 1-0 to Barcelona.

I managed to actually only lose 1-0 to Barcelona in FM11 with one of the American Samoan sides :p It was in like 2030 though and the quality of the league had barely risen. I had no competition since 2012 in the league and the national side was still one of the worst in Oceania.

Glad I stayed for it now, got through to the semi-finals where I met my beloved Tottenham. Only Sandro and Huddlestone still from the original squad in the starting XI, but still a decent enough side. Sadly Tevez is slightly better than the strikers I usually face in Africa, but we gave a good account of ourselves and only lost 2-1. We also hit the post, and their keeper was MOTM.

Finished 3rd overall after battering Pohang 4-0 in the third place playoff.

As for where to go next, the manager of Boca is listed as insecure. Not sure whether I have a high enough reputation for a job like that yet, but I have been linked with a couple of others in Argentina. Never managed there on any FM either, I don't think.

What are the clubs like in the Asian CL? Any particular countries with a lot of stand-out teams? That'll be my next destination after South America.

I got the job at Boca Juniors after the previous manager led them to 10th in the opening stage, and was 15th halfway through the closing stage. After assessing the squad, I can see why too. There isn't a single goalkeeper, right back or right winger that would have been good enough to even be considered backup at my Orlando Pirates side.

What are the clubs like in the Asian CL? Any particular countries with a lot of stand-out teams? That'll be my next destination after South America.

I got the job at Boca Juniors after the previous manager led them to 10th in the opening stage, and was 15th halfway through the closing stage. After assessing the squad, I can see why too. There isn't a single goalkeeper, right back or right winger that would have been good enough to even be considered backup at my Orlando Pirates side.

That will depend on if you have added any additional leagues to your game, if your running with the standard countries then China, South Korea and Australia all seem as good as each other so far in my game - and all have similar club reputations.

Spent the last 3 days doing nothing but sorting Boca out completely, as they were in such an awful state. 5 staff out, 6 in, 12 players brought in plus another 5 for tutoring purposes, 8 players sold and a further 29 released on free transfers. New tactics and training schedules sorted, and a load of individual training focuses set up too. I'll be disappointed if I don't at least win something after this much time's gone into it!

I've decided to give this a go as I have completed Gundos Challenge. I won't go very detailed into the happenings, but rather a quick review. If you want the extended version, it can be found in Gundo's thread.

Season 1

I took over Budafok of Hungary after holidaying for a season. Goal was to stay and I managed that with ease as we got promoted to the top tier.

Table

Season 2

Our first season in the OTP Bank Liga was uneventful as we ended mid-table.

Table

Season 3

Improved from last season as we managed to qualify for Europe by winning a cup.

Table

Season 4

Our first League win. Managed to get to the group stage of Europa League, but couldn't get further.

Table

Europe

Season 5

Won everything in Hungary and had our first try in the Champions League. Got as far as the group stage, but couldn't get further

Table

Europe

Season 6

Won everything in Hungary and tried in CL again. Got past the group stage, but PGS knocked us out of the 1st knockout round.

Table

Europe

Season 7

Won everything in Hungary once again and got to the final of the Champions League, but Real Madrid beat us to it.

Table

Europe

Season 8

Won everything in Hungary once again and this time the Champions League aswell.

Table

Europe & the final

So, I'm done with Europe. Now I'm off to Africa.

How is everyone else finding the game speed with this challenge? Am in season 21 and currently only running England (L2 upwards) and S.Africa (although have previously ran other countries) and the game speed is starting to become a real issue and may be something which makes this challenge impossible?

Thanks deadfncat and AcidBurn. Took the first job that became available in South Africa. United FC in the second tier. Gonna be a long and hard season as the team is in a very bad shape.

How is everyone else finding the game speed with this challenge? Am in season 21 and currently only running England (L2 upwards) and S.Africa (although have previously ran other countries) and the game speed is starting to become a real issue and may be something which makes this challenge impossible?

I'm only in my 9th season and so far I have no problems with speed. I've only got South Africa (both tiers) active though.

Season 9

Took over United FC in December and they were down in 15th place, 6 points of safety. It started hard as we lost the first 3 matches, but I guess it was mostly due to a new tactic and formation. After the three losses we managed a draw to get our first point after my appointment as manager. Luckily after this match it was a winter break so the team had a good time to get acquainted to my tactics and play some friendlies to increase moral aswell. When the break was over we started winning, a lot! From our 13 matches after the break our record was 10-2-1 and we almost made it up to the play-offs. Still, I need to revamp the squad for the next season and get rid of the dead wood while trying to keep hold of the few diamonds we got.

Table

Season	   Nation	Team		Division	Position	Continental	Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	   Hungary	Budafok		NBII		1st		N/A		Promoted as champions
2013/14    Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	8th		N/A		Mid-table
2014/15	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	4th		N/A		Cup double, qualified for EL
2015/16	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		EL Group	Domestic treble, qualified for CL
2016/17	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		CL Group	Domestic treble
2017/18	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		CL 1 ko round	Domestic double
2018/19	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		CL Final	Domestic treble, CL Final
2019/20	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		Winner		Europe done
2020/21	   South Africa	United FC	NDF		7th		N/A		Took over half way, mid-table

Season 9

Took over United FC in December and they were down in 15th place, 6 points of safety. It started hard as we lost the first 3 matches, but I guess it was mostly due to a new tactic and formation. After the three losses we managed a draw to get our first point after my appointment as manager. Luckily after this match it was a winter break so the team had a good time to get acquainted to my tactics and play some friendlies to increase moral aswell. When the break was over we started winning, a lot! From our 13 matches after the break our record was 10-2-1 and we almost made it up to the play-offs. Still, I need to revamp the squad for the next season and get rid of the dead wood while trying to keep hold of the few diamonds we got.

Table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	   Hungary	Budafok		Bank Liga	1st		EL Group	Domestic treble, qualified for CL

Winning Europe with a Hungarian team takes a lot, nice one dude.

Winning Europe with a Hungarian team takes a lot, nice one dude.

Thanks. I've actually found FM12 easier than I did the last few versions, but that might just be me. I still enjoy it very much though, as it's always fun to win! :D

Season 10

Got a full season at United FC and we won promotion to the top tier. Got rid of much dead weight, but still need a good clearing this summer. Very low attendances for us with an average of about 300 per game. Other teams in our league has 5000+ so it might be some balancing issues here, but I'll manage. Gonna try to stay up next season before trying to establish us a top national team and maybe continental cups after a couple of seasons.

Table

2021/22	   South Africa United FC	NDF		1st		N/A		Promoted as champions

Season 10

Got a full season at United FC and we won promotion to the top tier. Got rid of much dead weight, but still need a good clearing this summer. Very low attendances for us with an average of about 300 per game. Other teams in our league has 5000+ so it might be some balancing issues here, but I'll manage. Gonna try to stay up next season before trying to establish us a top national team and maybe continental cups after a couple of seasons.

Table

What is your managers reputation? Surely you would have a great rep after the stint in Bulgaria.

I've also finished Gundo's challenge! Took me a while longer and was very frustrating but managed it in the end. I'm gonna do what XaW is gonna do but I understand he is taking control of lower placed teams in other countries? I'm gonna take control of anybody really. My aim is to win the World Club Cup with teams from 5 different continents. Loving Add/Remove leagues feature!

Here is my progress thus far:

[b]Season Country Team  League       Position Cup         Europe                   Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]  Serbia  BASK  First League 13th/16  N/A         N/A                      Relegated   
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7300881&viewfull=1#post7300881]13/14[/url]  Serbia  Zemun First League 1st      N/A         N/A                      Promotion!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7307904&viewfull=1#post7307904]14/15[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  11th/16  Semi Finals N/A                      Just survived & 2 matches from European Football
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7311320&viewfull=1#post7311320]15/16[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   N/A                      Champions League football!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7318611&viewfull=1#post7318611]16/17[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   Lost @ first hurdle      Europa League next year
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7330511&viewfull=1#post7330511]17/18[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  3rd      Winners!    Europa Lge Qtr Final     Breakthrough season
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7341837&viewfull=1#post7341837]18/19[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Qtr Final   Europa Lge Grp Stge      Champions!!!11
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7346122&viewfull=1#post7346122]19/20[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge 1st Rnd    Domestic Double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7348676&viewfull=1#post7348676]20/21[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge 1st Rnd    Domestic Double & went unbeaten in the league!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7362267&viewfull=1#post7362267]21/22[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge Grp Stage  2nd unbeaten season
                                                      Europa League Semis
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7388679&viewfull=1#post7388679]22/23[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge Qtr Finals Fourth domestic double. Serbia = mine.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7396996&viewfull=1#post7396996]23/24[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge Semi Final 32nd richest club in the world
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7407735&viewfull=1#post7407735]24/25[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge Qtr Finals 23rd richest club in the world
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7407735&viewfull=1#post7407735]25/26[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Runners Up  Champions Lge Winners    CHALLENGE COMPLETE!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7407735&viewfull=1#post7407735][i]26/27[/url]  Serbia  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Semi Finals Champions Lge Grp Stg    Won European Super Cup and World Club Cup!***[/i]

*** = I left halfway through 26/27 season

Seeing as I wanted to leave Serbia as quickly as I could, I resigned after the World Club Cup and took over relegation bound Goyang Kookmin Bank of South Korea.

Kbemblem.png

What is your managers reputation? Surely you would have a great rep after the stint in Bulgaria.

My rep is World Class.

I'm gonna do what XaW is gonna do but I understand he is taking control of lower placed teams in other countries?

Not really. The only reason I took over United FC in the second tier was because they were the first ones to offer me a job! If I get approached by one of the better teams, I'll move quickly.

Oh right. Did you find that there were almost no players around there? I ran a search of unattached players interested in my club, returned 19 :(

No, I didn't have any issues with it in South Africa. Haven't gone to Asia yet, though, so it might be different there. Think I'm gonna go that way after I'm done with Africa.

Ok, my board has officially shafted me. I asked for funds to sign a great player and they said ok. They they took over everything including the contract offer. Now, here's the kicker; my wage budget is £15k and I was just around that before. The board now gives the new guy £28k p/w! That almost double my wage budget on one player!

Ok, my board has officially shafted me. I asked for funds to sign a great player and they said ok. They they took over everything including the contract offer. Now, here's the kicker; my wage budget is £15k and I was just around that before. The board now gives the new guy £28k p/w! That almost double my wage budget on one player!

That's got to be a bug and a very annoying one.

Uuuugh Goyang are absolutely terrible :( I think a flaw with the add/remove feature is when you move to another league there are barely any players... Our striker has 1 cap 1 goal.... for San Marino :/ I am not looking forward to the season ahead, we have conceded 9 in two

Uuuugh Goyang are absolutely terrible :( I think a flaw with the add/remove feature is when you move to another league there are barely any players... Our striker has 1 cap 1 goal.... for San Marino :/ I am not looking forward to the season ahead, we have conceded 9 in two

What size database do you have and which leagues loaded? I've been using the add/remove in my journeyman and it's not had that effect.

Season 11

A great season for us as we won both the league and the cup. Gonna see how far we can get into the CAF CL next season. Now, if we can get the financial in order soon, I might enjoy my stay in Africa.

Table

2022/23	   South Africa United FC	AP		1st		N/A		Domestic double, qualified for CAF CL

What size database do you have and which leagues loaded? I've been using the add/remove in my journeyman and it's not had that effect.

Not sure of database size but I only had Serbia loaded. Then I added a few countries to increase chance of a job, went to S. Korea... I obviously still had loads of Serbians coming up but foreign rules are tight so I didn't bother getting any of them. I can only have 3 foreigners and 1 Asian foreigner, it's terrible :( Really regretting the move now

Season 11

A great season for us as we won both the league and the cup. Gonna see how far we can get into the CAF CL next season. Now, if we can get the financial in order soon, I might enjoy my stay in Africa.

Table

2022/23	   South Africa United FC	AP		1st		N/A		Domestic double, qualified for CAF CL

Good luck in the African CL - am due to start my first attempt in a couple of months and it looks like it could be quite hard.

Archived