[FM12] Kenco's World League

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the transfer dates changing try removing the day and keeping it as a "-" it may help. I did this on my created Tunisian league and noticed when it had an actual day - ie: Sat 1st Jan it would change around. Removing this seems to have kept it consistent.

I don't see a day, I just chose the dates as 1.7.11 to 31.8.11 and 1.1.12 to 31.1.12.

Downlad link does not work

What problem are you getting?

I've been thinking about the idea of smaller teams 'qualifying' for the World League and while I realise it's not possible to make it happen directly through promotion in their domestic league, it could happen if I set an inactive 9th tier with large pools of teams sitting around waiting to be promoted into the structure.

I think it's done part-random, part-reputation based, so the theory is that a team who rises through their domestic leagues will earn a significant reputation boost to give them a higher probability of being promoted to Tier 8.

The main potential problem with this is for those teams who get moved into the wrong regional leagues could get relegated and may never be seen again, only to be replaced by a load of League 2 / Serie C teams who nobody cares about and the World League would eventually just become a European League.

Of course this is just a theory right now, I haven't looked at the editor in a while but plan to have a tinker with it early next week and do a bit of testing, along with making changes to some Continental competitions.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

I would imagine so. I've never created inactive leagues, but I assume I can set a division underneath each of my tier 8 leagues with as many teams as I like, and set 1 or 2 teams to be relegated to these inactive pools. I just hope I can make it so they do move directly to the correct regional pool.

I think it should work ok, teams get promoted mostly based on reputation, but should be able to set regional divisions for each tier 9 league so African league relegated teams will always be replaced by African teams etc

It will still happen that the Europeans will rise and some of the non-European teams will be relegated from the Euro Tier 8's and be replaced by European teams, but the other leagues should replace with non-Euros.

I would imagine so. I've never created inactive leagues, but I assume I can set a division underneath each of my tier 8 leagues with as many teams as I like, and set 1 or 2 teams to be relegated to these inactive pools. I just hope I can make it so they do move directly to the correct regional pool.

Use regional divisions, they're better than boundaries.

I don't see a day, I just chose the dates as 1.7.11 to 31.8.11 and 1.1.12 to 31.1.12.

Take a look in this screenshot. This is your Bermuda nation rules file. I changed the bottom two dates to show you what I mean. You need to remove the actual day for all of your nation files and the transfer dates will stay the same instead of changing which is messing up the registration as one person said.

a4ljco.png

Nice database. My mate and I downloaded the files and placed them accordingly. But when we launch a network game, only the host is able to see competitions played in the Fixtures as well as the Top panel. My mate who joined the game is unable to see what competition he is playing in his fixtures list other than FA Cup, League Cup and Champs League. Anyway to resolve this?

Yeap I know that he didn't enter those 3. But what he were able to see in fixtures of his club, other clubs participating those 2 domestic and other tabs were just domestic competitions. Other than that, the panels, competition under fixtures list is just blanks.

And yea, we both have same files as we tried it over at my house. Regardless, the host is able to see every detail except those who joined.

It works each time if we play non-network game. I tried sending him my saved game, and see if it works if he host it. Fortunately, he will be able to see the fixtures and competition details but not me (who joined).

Anyways, its okay. Will try figure out slowly. Thanks for such a good database!

Thanks. Yeah there is a decent choice of leagues to start in, but I would like to add more at some point.

Good luck with your new board, hopefully it's an Arab oil tycoon...

The takeover didn't go through. It was some Italian guy who wanted to buy out the club. The chairman ended up saying something like "if you haven't got the money, go away, I have better things to do" :D

I'm suspecting if the takeover did go through, I'd be out of a job, there were already plans to hire a national (UAE) manager. So it was for the best. :)

Kencs, any eta on the update, this looks like a great database, but feel i want to wait for those couple of little fixes before i go for a long game.

Cheers for all your work on this

It's really hard to estimate, I've got so much on at the moment so my spare time is limited to about 2 evenings per week and I find myself wanting to enjoy the game rather than editing. I do have a rare day off on Monday, so I might find some motivation to spend the day editing and get something out on Tuesday. If not, it won't be for at least 3 or 4 weeks.

Also I need to go back through the thread and remind myself what fixes I was planning to do!

So my plan for an inactive Tier 9 doesn't work, instead of promoting one team from each of my 20 new divisions it's just promoting the best teams, regardless of their division. This results in Tier 8 quickly being flooded by teams from West Europe, so I've scrapped this idea.

But I've been working on other things. Firstly, I have replaced the Club World Championship with a World Champions League, a knockout competition featuring the top club from 220 nations. I have also made new Champions Leagues for South America, North America, Africa and Europe.

A few other little fixes have been done, such as removing individual TV deals for Spanish clubs, fixing transfer windows and a couple of tweaks to some leagues/cups including an expansion to the Bermudan league structure.

I'm just going to run a few more tests and hopefully make the updated files available for download very soon. If you have any little niggles that you want me to look at before I release it, now is the time to let me know!

ooh. Sounds interesting :thup:

Not likely to ditch my game for the new version, unless I get mired, but KUTGW :thup:

Same for me, currently in my 6th Season and after 5 seasons with Auckland City I have moved on to Bayer Leverkusen via a short spell in Belgium with Genk.:)

Same for me, currently in my 6th Season and after 5 seasons with Auckland City I have moved on to Bayer Leverkusen via a short spell in Belgium with Genk.:)

I couldn't move! I got offered the Spurs job, but I've just got to get North Village Rams into the Bronze Leagues at least..

Intrigued by what the new version will hold. Hoping the league reputation problems are resolved a bit (how someone said earlier that they had Liverpool as the highest rep team despite only winning the Silver League or something?)

I'm definitely giving this a go when the new patch comes out - or will that cause problems?

This I couldn't tell you, but I hope there will be no problems.

I couldn't move! I got offered the Spurs job, but I've just got to get North Village Rams into the Bronze Leagues at least..

Wow, that is some achievement if you get that high. Do you get to compete in the NACL for winning the Bermudan league?

Intrigued by what the new version will hold. Hoping the league reputation problems are resolved a bit (how someone said earlier that they had Liverpool as the highest rep team despite only winning the Silver League or something?)

It was me who said that, but we were only runners-up in the Silver League!

The problem with the league rep is that if I put bigger gaps in between leagues then teams getting relegated lose too much rep and end up in freefall with successive relegations, but with smaller gaps teams fly up through the leagues. I've got it as fair as I can but it's impossible to prevent these things with clubs having such similar reputations. The only way would be to change the club reputations of every club in the game. But this would cause more problems, as players would refuse to sign for teams whose rep has been lowered.

Catch-22 situation, unless I can change the amount of rep increase/decrease teams are getting, but this must be hard-coded.

No. We don't get into NACL. There's an intermediary competition IRL which is the Caribbean Clubs Championship or some such, and the top few teams from that get invites to the NACL, but that's not in the game.

As it stands, we play the league, and win all our games, we win the cup, we play KWT (chance to get to Rd 5 this season) and then the world league.

No. We don't get into NACL. There's an intermediary competition IRL which is the Caribbean Clubs Championship or some such, and the top few teams from that get invites to the NACL, but that's not in the game.

As it stands, we play the league, and win all our games, we win the cup, we play KWT (chance to get to Rd 5 this season) and then the world league.

In the new version the winners of the league will qualify for the World Champions Cup as well as the NACL. 2nd place also get in the NACL.

North Village Rams v Barcelona if you can get through the early stages of the WCC. This and a good run in the NACL are pretty lucrative to a Bermudan team.

Or you can make it more of a challenge by picking a team from the brand new 2nd or 3rd tier in Bermuda, not that I'm trying to tempt you...;)

Personally I'm going to try managing KAC Marrakech in Morocco.

Ok fair enough, good luck that is gonna be a very tough challenge.

I also could have got the Tottenham job, they have been dropping down in my game, at the time they couldn't/wouldn't pay Auckland the comp to get me.

My intentions when I started my game were for it to be a career save so I always planned on moving around, I am now at a bigger club in Bayer but before I got the job they were relegated from the German top div.

I intend to stay at Leverkusen for quite a while and make them a big force in the World League, I fully intend going to lower smaller clubs again in the future and would like to return to Auckland again later in the game.

New update sounds great and it's tempting me out of my Andorran team save but I have to keep going. It's one of the hardest challenges I've done on FM, there a just so many big Spanish clubs in the same division that it's almost impossible but starting to make real progress now in the 4th season. Hopefully a promotion next season, if not I may be tempted to have another go with the update..

Yes it's possible and there are several ways of doing it, depending on what you want.

In mine, those teams still compete in their domestic leagues (albeit a short version with just 8 teams) but also compete in a World League against the best teams from across the globe. This is set up as a secondary division within the English league structure.

If you just want a basic one, you need to pick a nation and overwrite their rules, moving all the clubs you want into one league. This means that clubs will all become the same nationality and it will mess up continental competitions.

Going through as Al-Sharjah (club in the UAE, West Asian C League) and it's been going great, though the domestic league is tough. Haven't had enough time to get into the World League games, but we're in the home stretch of the domestic half and barely holding above the relegation line.

Anyway, I noticed something was up though when I looked at players' personal information. Players do not seem to gain any residency days towards citizenship. I went back to a vanilla save to make sure this wasn't some crazy thing, and sure enough players gained residency days there, so it only seems to happen in your mod. Perhaps it's linked to the fact that these clubs are entered into a league in England, but it's not the primary league and clubs retain their nationality so I doubt that makes a difference.

It doesn't really have any bearing on gameplay, but I signed a 19 year old from a dead-end (not in world league and literally composed entirely of grey players otherwise) Costa Rican club with fantastic potential and I think it would be cool to see him on the Emirati team someday. I mostly noticed once I saw that two Ivorians were called up to the UAE team. Something you might want to look into, though I don't know where you would start looking.

Going through as Al-Sharjah (club in the UAE, West Asian C League) and it's been going great, though the domestic league is tough. Haven't had enough time to get into the World League games, but we're in the home stretch of the domestic half and barely holding above the relegation line.

Anyway, I noticed something was up though when I looked at players' personal information. Players do not seem to gain any residency days towards citizenship. I went back to a vanilla save to make sure this wasn't some crazy thing, and sure enough players gained residency days there, so it only seems to happen in your mod. Perhaps it's linked to the fact that these clubs are entered into a league in England, but it's not the primary league and clubs retain their nationality so I doubt that makes a difference.

It doesn't really have any bearing on gameplay, but I signed a 19 year old from a dead-end (not in world league and literally composed entirely of grey players otherwise) Costa Rican club with fantastic potential and I think it would be cool to see him on the Emirati team someday. I mostly noticed once I saw that two Ivorians were called up to the UAE team. Something you might want to look into, though I don't know where you would start looking.

Strange. I haven't touched anything to do with gaining nationalities as these are linked directly to nations rather than competition rules.

If you were going to do an update how long would it take for you to do it?

I'm going to do an SI and say that it will be ready when it's ready!

The editing is done, just doing some testing. The DB runs okay without crashing, just playing through a season properly to see if I've missed anything obvious, then I'll release it.

Tried another mod, players were gaining residency days as usual. So it seems it really is something up with your mod. I've only modded FM11, but I can't think of anything you could fiddle with to get it working.

Also, you noted in the download link post that Turkey, South Korea, and Malaysia aren't implemented. Is that with the current version, too? Are you going to get them working in your next update? One thing I tried to do in FM10 was keep Seongnam in the top tiers. No simple task, it was.

Think this must be UAE specific, because I've got a couple of US players who have now taken Bermudan nationality after 5 years here (looking forward to my Brazilians doing the same, then perhaps Bermuda can rise above 200th in the world :rolleyes:)

Tried another mod, players were gaining residency days as usual. So it seems it really is something up with your mod. I've only modded FM11, but I can't think of anything you could fiddle with to get it working.

Also, you noted in the download link post that Turkey, South Korea, and Malaysia aren't implemented. Is that with the current version, too? Are you going to get them working in your next update? One thing I tried to do in FM10 was keep Seongnam in the top tiers. No simple task, it was.

I had a look at the editor last night and there is definitely nothing under nation rules, so it's strange this has happened.

I completely forgot about those three nations, so they will still be broken as I don't have time to attempt to fix them.

thanks for that you wouldnt mind giving me an outline on how to set dat up because i havnt a breeze where to start with overwriting nations rules i tried to use premier league but when i started new game i couldnt even use england had a warning sign beside it

I'd recommend checking out the Editor's Resource / FAQ thread, I'm pretty sure there is a video tutorial on how to add nation rules.

Hi Kenco,

Quick suggestion, not sure if someone else had the same idea: how about relegation in the lowest tier of the world leagues (D leagues)?

This way, the WL leagues wouldn't be a static bunch. If I end up managing a team that doesn't belong in the WL, it will never go there, and the season is over come November/December! Way too early for pre-season... ;)

Also, if anyone has a tip on how to leave an UAE club for some other club in Europe that doesn't laugh in your face when you apply for the job... :p

I've already tried adding an inactive tier of clubs below the D Leagues, but it doesn't work properly as it will just promote 20 of the better teams from the 20 divisions and not one from each as I would hope for. This will mean that teams from Africa, Asia, North America, etc. will get relegated and replaced by teams from England, Spain and Italy rather than teams from their continent, no matter how I set it up.

Think this must be UAE specific, because I've got a couple of US players who have now taken Bermudan nationality after 5 years here (looking forward to my Brazilians doing the same, then perhaps Bermuda can rise above 200th in the world :rolleyes:)

Players at other countries' clubs were also not gaining residency days when I checked in my game. I'll start a new game this afternoon to try and figure it out. My staff have started learning Arabic, which suggests that we're situated in the right place. My newly acquired players have yet to do so, though that could just be random chance. I'll wait and see there too.

Also, if anyone has a tip on how to leave an UAE club for some other club in Europe that doesn't laugh in your face when you apply for the job... :p

Why would you ever want to do that? Sure we're low on the local talent, but we've got all this cash! :lol:

Why would you ever want to do that? Sure we're low on the local talent, but we've got all this cash! :lol:

What cash? I'm finishing the second season with Al-Emirates, and only had a takeover from some guy who took a bank loan! No arab sultan, no gazillionaire... nothing!

Archived