Sports Interactive Community
Kenco

[FM12] Kenco's World League

Just spotted another issue Kenco ;) SInce you haven't removed individual TV deals for clubs from Spain, Italy and other nations, these are continuing and seem to be overriding the values set by league. I'm currently working through and removing these for myself, and it may also help smaller African/Asian clubs if they've been missing out on money cause they were signed up to this. You are more than welcome to have a file with this change once I'm done if you want :) I have also re-made the South American competitions which you can have a look at if you like, but their not tested yet and aren't 100% true to the real life formats.

How do you remove these TV deals? Are they linked directly to specific clubs?

Yeah, if you go to <club>-finances-other income, some teams, such as those from Spain and mmost of South/Central America have individual TV deals. I know there is a bug in the vanilla game where Reading have accidentally had one set which means they miss out on tens of millions of pounds if they reach the Premier League because this was set and overriding the League income. I expect this is happening here, which means that in effect Barca and Real get more than they should, wheras most other top Spanish, Brazillian, Mexican, Argentinian etc clubs are getting less.

Can anyone confirm if my problem from the previous page is universal or something with my games?

Do any Scottish teams have reserve or youth squads on anyone's game if Scotland is selected as playable? Thanks

Is there a way to see the reputations of the World Leagues? As far as I can see only the domestic competitions have a reputation as well as the World Trophy, but I can't see the reps for the Gold/Silver/Bronze Leagues etc?

Is there a way to see the reputations of the World Leagues? As far as I can see only the domestic competitions have a reputation as well as the World Trophy, but I can't see the reps for the Gold/Silver/Bronze Leagues etc?

I think it is possible only by using an editor like FMRTE, because those are "second" leagues. However I might be wrong.

Can anyone confirm if my problem from the previous page is universal or something with my games?

Do any Scottish teams have reserve or youth squads on anyone's game if Scotland is selected as playable? Thanks

Sorry, for some reason I have missed out on adding reserves and youth to Scotland. It's easy to fix for your game, load the database, load Scotland's editor data file, go to the reserves/youth tab and tick the box to add reserves, tick another one to add youth. Choose whichever day you want them to take place and save the file.

I think it is possible only by using an editor like FMRTE, because those are "second" leagues. However I might be wrong.

This is correct. I don't use FMRTE myself so have no idea if these competitions have dynamic reputation or not, but as prize money doesn't change I would say not.

Yeah, if you go to <club>-finances-other income, some teams, such as those from Spain and mmost of South/Central America have individual TV deals. I know there is a bug in the vanilla game where Reading have accidentally had one set which means they miss out on tens of millions of pounds if they reach the Premier League because this was set and overriding the League income. I expect this is happening here, which means that in effect Barca and Real get more than they should, wheras most other top Spanish, Brazillian, Mexican, Argentinian etc clubs are getting less.

Is there an easy way to see every club that is affected by this in the editor and do some kind of mass edit?

Sorry, for some reason I have missed out on adding reserves and youth to Scotland. It's easy to fix for your game, load the database, load Scotland's editor data file, go to the reserves/youth tab and tick the box to add reserves, tick another one to add youth. Choose whichever day you want them to take place and save the file.

Brilliant, will give this league a go. Thanks Kenco

Is there an easy way to see every club that is affected by this in the editor and do some kind of mass edit?

Unfortunately not, and theres not even a way to filter clubs that receive tv money so that leaves going league by league and editing clubs one at a time :(

Unfortunately not, and theres not even a way to filter clubs that receive tv money so that leaves going league by league and editing clubs one at a time :(

Great news! :rolleyes:

Looks like I have a number of fixes to do, so I will attempt to work on these and release another update as soon as I can. This may take a while, as my time on the game is very limited right now but I hope to look at them in the coming weeks. Below is a little list of fixes I need to make, please feel free to post something if I've missed anything.

Fix list for next release:

- Remove TV money for individual clubs

- Add reserves/youth to Scottish leagues

- Create new continental comps for South America so they continue beyond first season

- Possibly create a new World Club Championship because of changes to S. America

- Increase reputation of some African/Asian teams to give them a chance of competing from the start!

Another thing it may be worth looking at is making sure that continential competition do not occur during the off season, as this will either mean teams from Africa/Asia in particular will either field grays or end up with a jaded squad, which could be harming their league chances.

Another thing it may be worth looking at is making sure that continential competition do not occur during the off season, as this will either mean teams from Africa/Asia in particular will either field grays or end up with a jaded squad, which could be harming their league chances.

I looked at the schedules and it seems the majority of fixtures occur during the season, which is why I left them as they are. Ideally they would all be during the season, but I didn't want to recreate these comps unless I really had to. I may look at this for the next release.

One problem I've come across is that as a team from Oceania (American Samoa to be precise) you'd expect to go up to the OceAsian C league but instead I went to East European C league. Is there a way I can change this as the standard is much higher in that league...

One problem I've come across is that as a team from Oceania (American Samoa to be precise) you'd expect to go up to the OceAsian C league but instead I went to East European C league. Is there a way I can change this as the standard is much higher in that league...

Unfortunately this will happen occasionally and there isn't much you can do. The Asian, African and Oceanian leagues end up with too many teams while the Europeans have too few, so some teams get moved across. You could make sure your team has a stadium and to have it in a city/town with proper co-ordinates so it stays within the boundaries. Also, you can add regional competitions to each team individually which will help.

Unfortunately this will happen occasionally and there isn't much you can do. The Asian, African and Oceanian leagues end up with too many teams while the Europeans have too few, so some teams get moved across. You could make sure your team has a stadium and to have it in a city/town with proper co-ordinates so it stays within the boundaries. Also, you can add regional competitions to each team individually which will help.

Ah alright thanks for the help but I'm not going to be able to continue with the save as my computer has completely crashed and I didn't have a chance to back it up. I'll keep playing but start with a European team this time as starting with an Oceanic side was very very hard.

Really enjoying this game, loving the shorter domestic season and the challenge of the World league.:)

Gotta say again great work Kenco, thanks for this edited version.

Gonna give this a go, might start in New Zealand with Auckland City.

I did indeed start with Auckland City, I'm currently in my 3rd season and my progress so far is.............

Season 1 - ASB Premiership: 3rd Place / NZ FA Cup: Winners / Kenco World Trophy: 2nd Round / Oceania D League: Champions (Promoted)

Season 2 - ASB Premiership: Champions / NZ FA Cup: Winners / Kenco World Trophy: 3rd Round / East Asia/Oceania C League: 12th

Season 3 - ASB Premiership: Champions / NZ FA Cup: 1st Round / Kenco World Trophy: 4th Round / East Asia/Oceania C League: 15th (after 15 games) / OFC Champions League: (1st in group after 4 games)

Thanks for the great work! I have taken Montreal Impact up to North America B in three years. Been one helluva challenge. I still haven't played a single game with the default leagues.

I do not entirely understand how to setup up my game if I want to play with Ajax in Kenco's World League. Do I then need to choose all English leagues and the Dutch leagues?

I do not entirely understand how to setup up my game if I want to play with Ajax in Kenco's World League. Do I then need to choose all English leagues and the Dutch leagues?

All English leagues are essential for the game to work, then you will need the Dutch leagues as well to manage Ajax.

Just got my first promotion in season 2016/2017, the world a league was tough as hell to get out of so i am really happy to finally win it, also lost the kenco cup final to FC Bayern this season :(

/\ Who are you playing with?

I'm taking on the East Asia/Oceania C League again after just avoiding relegation last season.

Got to the 4th round of the KWT this season!

And am top of the north African C league at half way.

Lost a game in the Bermudan Premier League though :mad:

/\ Who are you playing with?

I'm taking on the East Asia/Oceania C League again after just avoiding relegation last season.

Playing as rangers, spent first few seasons really struggling to even break top 10, regens have finally come to fruition now though and won the league by 12 points :)

Won the North African C League :)

Now in the North American B league. Could be interesting...

Won the North African C League :)

Now in the North American B league. Could be interesting...

Well done, good to see you back in the correct region, should cut down the air miles!

Well done, good to see you back in the correct region, should cut down the air miles!

Yep, it's all US and Mexico teams, which has to beat the trips to Israel, Libya, Egypt etc.

We're still not classed as a "major" North American club though :mad:

Great job with this Kenco. Currently playing as Newell's Old Boys and it is the most fun I have had playing FM in a while. I wish the Kenco World Trophy existed in real life. Their are some great matchups.

hey kenco nice work man i totally appreciate it but there is an issue here :

- i played with chelsea & i went for 3 seasons now working fine...but when i started a game with zamalek from egypt it didn't go beyond the first season also i only played the egyptian league , cup & african champions league didn't have any world league in it

don't know how to fix it as after the first season it crashes

please reply when u can :)

- i played with chelsea & i went for 3 seasons now working fine...but when i started a game with zamalek from egypt it didn't go beyond the first season also i only played the egyptian league , cup & african champions league didn't have any world league in it

You have to have the English leagues selected in full as well

You have to have the English leagues selected in full as well

This.

Make sure you load all the English leagues, down to the bottom level, as explained above. Without this the game will crash as I outlined in the download instructions.

Still really enjoying this.

Couple of issues.

I don't see any of the TV money from the World leagues as North Village Rams. Get the message every season promising me 22m or whatever, but it never comes.

Would be lovely to either include all of the champions leagues around the globe, or level the playing field by removing all of the continental club competitions and just have Kenco versions

National cup competitions should really end when the league does in November. Utterly bizarre to play the semis of the Bermudan cup in Feb or whenever against a team that has had no football for 4 months.

-------------------------------

Still cracking on with the north American B League, but now our opposition is all USA and Mexico, I have to say I'm glad that only 1 team goes down from this league!

Thanks for the updates and feedback spotg, those are all good points and I will look into them when I get the chance. TV money is strange, I don't know why that isn't working. I left the continental cups as they were because it's impossible to replicate the qualifying / format, but I am aware of the issue of the South American ones stopping after one season, so I think I'll recreate all of them into a different version next time.

The national cups were set with dates like that to keep you interested in other comps later in the season, so it's not just World League games.

Thanks for the reply :)

I think with the national cups, it's just not important/interesting enough for me to care. The entire Bermudan season is about giving playing time to my squad and making sure we're fully fit and understand the tactic for the world league.

If I had a continental competition, that would work well, but for now the national cup is just a random interlude.

Fair point. To be honest, I didn't spend much time in setting up national leages and cups, especially for the smaller ones (no offense to Bermuda!), as I just wanted to get them set up as quick as possible to make the leagues work and give them a basic cup comp. Next time I get a chance to do any editing I will look into making things a little more interesting, perhaps creating more cups specifically for teams in the lower echelons of the World League, maybe a Caribbean Cup for yourself to compete, an African Cup, a South Pacific Cup, etc.

My only problem right now is time, I seem to get very little these days and call me selfish but what I do get I like to spend playing the game rather than editing! Just reaching the end of my 3rd season with Liverpool, may post a little update on my progress later on.

Absolutely!

My hope would be that SI don't overhaul things again for FM13, and we can pick this project up again without having to go from scratch to have something a bit better for next year. Certainly not asking for any more editing!

I'm 6+ seasons in and loving it, so it's plenty good enough for now :)

To be honest, the editing time wasn't that long for this version, nowehere near the time spent on my FM10 db. A lot of the time spent was research and planning, so if I decide to go with a similar format for FM13 then it shoudn't take too long.

Maybe I should use some SI-speak and say next year's version will be very similar to this year but will be polished and maybe a couple of little bits and pieces added on. On the whole, it will be bigger and better than ever. :D

2nd place secured in the North American B League, and North Village Rams are going up to the A Leagues after a 2 season stay at B level \o/

Top youth and training facilities \o/

Still not listed among the "major" North American clubs :mad:

I'm liking this file, I normally don't touch downloaded leagues, or don't play for long if I try, but I'm just about to head into my seventh season. A few minor issues, presumably caused by FM not understanding the set-up (things like the graph showing league positions over the years being blank, news messages about long time between fixtures when only just played etc), but other than that it seems a very good game. Only major thing I see is that runs of form go on for longer than vanilla, presumably due to everyone's reputation being so close. If everyone starts equal, the main differential is morale rather than ability so a couple of lucky breaks and you're away.

It took me 4 years to get out of the West Europe A with Celtic but three straight promotions see me preparing for World Silver League. I've won the SPL every season, the Europa League once and for some reason am the only SPL side in the Scottish Cup each year, when none were in it the first season? My youth team has won it three years running though, so it's easy morale.

Great work on this Kenco, very happy I gave it a shot.

I once promised that I'd download this and I haven't really played FM, been on the forum or even touched the editor since mid-December but I will give it a try as soon as I can.

Thanks for all of your efforts mate.

2nd place secured in the North American B League, and North Village Rams are going up to the A Leagues after a 2 season stay at B level \o/

Top youth and training facilities \o/

Still not listed among the "major" North American clubs :mad:

Keep going, you will get there!

I'm liking this file, I normally don't touch downloaded leagues, or don't play for long if I try, but I'm just about to head into my seventh season. A few minor issues, presumably caused by FM not understanding the set-up (things like the graph showing league positions over the years being blank, news messages about long time between fixtures when only just played etc), but other than that it seems a very good game. Only major thing I see is that runs of form go on for longer than vanilla, presumably due to everyone's reputation being so close. If everyone starts equal, the main differential is morale rather than ability so a couple of lucky breaks and you're away.

It took me 4 years to get out of the West Europe A with Celtic but three straight promotions see me preparing for World Silver League. I've won the SPL every season, the Europa League once and for some reason am the only SPL side in the Scottish Cup each year, when none were in it the first season? My youth team has won it three years running though, so it's easy morale.

Great work on this Kenco, very happy I gave it a shot.

Thanks. Yes the graph thing looks a bit silly, but purely a cosmetic thing. Your point about runs of form is true and something I worked very hard to avoid, but it's nigh on impossible to get the right balance. Teams in one division mostly have a very similar reputation and if they manage to gain promotion, they get quite a decent boost to their rep which suddenly puts them on a par with the top teams in the division above, meaning you often see back-to-back-to-back promotions. The same goes for relegation, teams take quite a hit to their rep when getting relegated so can easily slide down several divisions very quickly.

I once promised that I'd download this and I haven't really played FM, been on the forum or even touched the editor since mid-December but I will give it a try as soon as I can.

Thanks for all of your efforts mate.

You're welcome. I figured you would be too busy with your own mega project to download mine, but it's nice to see a fellow big-name editor interested in my work.

I've promised to make some edits to this but have been rather busy lately, will attempt to do a few little fixes and release again, possibly with new continental comps.

One little thing - contintental registration is set a week before the transfer deadline closes - the transfer deadline seems to be a week after real life. This means that any late signings can't be registered.

Just got promoted to the Gold League with another straight promotion. Oddly, I am the only full 5-star reputation club in the world despite never winning anything above SPL or Silver League level with Celtic. I did destroy the Silver League but that shouldn't gain much reputation above what Gold League gets.

The transfer deadline was set at 31st Aug and 31st Jan, but instead of staying on the same date they stay on the same day instead, meaning they float around between the 31st and 6th of the next month. Annoying, but nothing I can do.

That's the problem with reputation, I finished 2nd with Liverpool in the Silver League and instantly become the best club in the world.

With the league reps set quite high, there are a lot of rep points for promotions but if I set the league reps any lower then teams wouldn't see it as an important competition. Hard to find the right balance I'm afraid.

Sounds like this database has too many issues

It's given me 7 seasons (and counting) of very enjoyable game. So I'm not going to agree with you there.

As I said before, I am one of those people who don't touch edited databases normally, but this one is 100% stable, with only very minor issues - many of them also present in vanilla.

Assuming you are looking for a world league file, this one is the best one out there by a mile, and most importantly, 100% stable with no crashes or weirdness about the important things.

There are some problems, but that's to be expected when you completely restructure World football and they are only minor ones as mentioned already and certainly not game breakers. Which issues stand out for you? Perhaps if you give me some feedback then I can work on improving it.

Thanks for the support spotg and hluraven.

For the transfer dates changing try removing the day and keeping it as a "-" it may help. I did this on my created Tunisian league and noticed when it had an actual day - ie: Sat 1st Jan it would change around. Removing this seems to have kept it consistent.