[FM12] Kenco's World League

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE IN POST #2

Following the disappointment of several problems with last year's editor in making my World League, I am back this year with renewed hope after installing FM12 today and spending the afternoon messing about with the editor. I had a brainwave last week to get past a big obstacle and after a mini test it seems to work okay, so it looks like I can build a World League this year in which clubs can retain their nationality and still play in their own domestic competitions.

There will be an 8 Tier World League, starting with 2 World Divisions, then having regional splits from Tier 3 downwards, with a total of 50 divisions 0f 16 teams. This means a total of 800 teams from almost every nation in the World. Continental competitions will continue as they are, I decided that these are very good already and don't see the need to change them. I am also creating an FA Cup style competition for all World League teams.

Because the World League takes up a big chunk of the calendar, I will also be creating new domestic league structures for as many nations as possible, with mini 8-team leagues at the top of each structure and adding in some regional splits so that clubs aren't pushed too far down the ladder. So England for instance, will have a Premier Division Elite League of 8 teams, followed by Premier Division North and South, each with 8 teams, then Championship North/South with 10 teams each. Other, smaller nations may just have one division of 8 teams as I aim to make as many of the 800 World League teams playable as possible.

The key to all this is the new add/remove leagues feature, which will allow us to play as virtually any team in the World League by switching on their domestic league, which is why I want to create/alter as many leagues as possible.

Now this is quite a big project and I have a lot less time to invest than I had in previous years (downside of having a girlfriend this time around), but any spare time I have will be spent on this and I intend to finish as soon as possible. In fact I have to take a break right now because I'm going out, but will do some work tomorrow morning.

As usual I'll be taking any ideas / comments on board, in particular with the way I structure the domestic leagues, so please feel free to post ideas in this thread.

Kenco

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATED DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!!

https://rapidshare.com/files/1406865380/FM12_editor_files_3.zip

First up, please let me know if this works or not. I've zipped all the files into a folder so I hope you can access them.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUST READ

There should be 66 files in there, you need to extract them to:

User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2012 \ editor data

Start a new game

Ensure that all 66 files are enabled, and any other editor data file you have must be disabled

At the nation select screen, you must select England and go all the way down to the bottom level (Regional Premier Divs). Failure to do so will end up with a crash

Choose any other leagues to go with this, except Turkey, South Korea or Malaysia. These have not been changed and will just be the default league structures, which may or may not work with the World League. All other league systems have been edited to work in conjunction with the World League and you will need to load the domestic league of any team you want to manage

Select your team. Please note that not all teams are in the World League and if they aren't to start with, they never will be. The 800 teams selected will always be the same. The best thing to do to ensure your chosen team is in, is to look at their fixture list before you confirm.

NEW VERSION - RELEASED 21/3/12

https://rapidshare.com/files/2312377458/FM12_editor_files_4.zip

This is very similar to the above file, but with some new competitions and a few fixes. There are 71 files in this zip folder.

Really hope this works this year, i was constantly checking for updates near enough every day on last years attempt. Good luck Kenco!

It will work this time. It's going to take me a few weeks to get it up and running, but it will work.

Looking forward to seeing your work Kenco.

I've been messing with the editor a bit and stumbled upon a problem. I like the add/remove league thing and creating smaller domestic leagues, although time consuming is a good idea.

How do you plan to have a world league with promotion and relegation structure like domestic leagues? I cant seem to do this in the editor.

I can create world/continental leagues but it will be through qualification from their domestic leagues and so more random groups in the world league each season.

Hope you understand what Im trying to do. I know last year I stopped editing because of limitations put on the editor. I just still cant see a way to create a world league like i vision.

Looking forward to seeing your work Kenco.

I've been messing with the editor a bit and stumbled upon a problem. I like the add/remove league thing and creating smaller domestic leagues, although time consuming is a good idea.

How do you plan to have a world league with promotion and relegation structure like domestic leagues? I cant seem to do this in the editor.

I can create world/continental leagues but it will be through qualification from their domestic leagues and so more random groups in the world league each season.

Hope you understand what Im trying to do. I know last year I stopped editing because of limitations put on the editor. I just still cant see a way to create a world league like i vision.

I plan to set it up as a secondary division structure alongside the English League. This way I can have a proper league system with promotion / relegation and clubs can retain their nationality. The ability to add/remove leagues gives you the chance to manage any club in the structure, but you have to keep the English league loaded or the World League will disappear as well.

I see. Thanks for showing us your workings and idea's. I didnt think of doing it that way.

It occurred to me a few weeks ago, and in testing it seems to work okay. I've chosen England because you need to have at least as many tiers in the main league as the secondary league, and England probably has the most tiers already in the game, so it's easy to amend this and add maybe an extra tier or two.

There is a downside to doing it this way, in particular for teams that already play a secondary league system (Brazil, for example), as their league will become unplayable under it's current structure and will need to be restructured with a new nation rules file. I plan to restructure some leagues anyway, but I'm not going to recreate them in an entirely realistic way and will give them basic rules.

I plan to restructure some leagues anyway, but I'm not going to recreate them in an entirely realistic way and will give them basic rules.

This is what I was planning on doing too. My plan was to create new nation rules for about 40 countries and have smaller domestic competitions. They would then qualify for either the world league tournament or a continental league tournament (created with the continental rules). The domestic league would be one half of the season and the world/continental league the second half.

This method was no relegation/promotions in the world/continental leagues and each year it would be based on domestic positions. Groups would be drawn differently each year too.

Hi Kenco,

I plan to set it up as a secondary division structure alongside the English League. This way I can have a proper league system with promotion / relegation and clubs can retain their nationality. The ability to add/remove leagues gives you the chance to manage any club in the structure, but you have to keep the English league loaded or the World League will disappear as well.

Yours is a good idea! I've tried to recreate a secondary division structure as you mentioned but i was unable to do so, I suppose you wouldn't be too keen to share this info, would you?

It's pretty straightforward, just create the new divisions, assign them to a country where you want to base it, them add teams in under the secondary divisions tab and then add nation rules to add the divisions into a structure.

It's pretty straightforward, just create the new divisions, assign them to a country where you want to base it, them add teams in under the secondary divisions tab and then add nation rules to add the divisions into a structure.

Thanks for the explanation, but if you take let's say England and create a parallel world league within the structure, aren't you going to get fixture congestion (especially for English clubs assigned in the world league system) and also what about continental qualification and competitions, can they be turned off? Or is it better to use a country outside Europe but I suppose there you have other problems like players value dropping sharply, regens etc...

Thanks for the explanation, but if you take let's say England and create a parallel world league within the structure, aren't you going to get fixture congestion (especially for English clubs assigned in the world league system) and also what about continental qualification and competitions, can they be turned off? Or is it better to use a country outside Europe but I suppose there you have other problems like players value dropping sharply, regens etc...

As I mentioned earlier, I plan to restructure England (and many other leagues) so they have less league games. It's easy to turn off continental comps simply by replacing them with a one off match between 2 specific teams with minimum reputation and prize money.

I don't think it matters where you put it, since it's a secondary league, players values should still bear relation to their primary league. So Barcelona players will still be considered Liga BBVA players and be valued highly.

Have you managed to get promotion and relegation to work in the Secondary Divisions? I couldn't get more than 1 Secondary to appear in game, let alone promotion. I have been trying exactly what you have been doing but in Liechtenstein.

I would be interested to hear how you have managed to get this to work.

I managed to get it to work using Kencos instructions a few posts above.

A limitation I have stumbled upon....

The teams you select in the World League will always be the same. Other teams in domestic leagues wont ever get a chance to enter into it.

ie: You create a world league structure (secondary league) and it includes 30 of the best teams in England. Now if you play the domestic league of England and a team not in that list like Shrewsbury rise through the domestic leagues they wont get a chance to compete in the world league.

Is there a way around this?

I managed to get it to work using Kencos instructions a few posts above.

A limitation I have stumbled upon....

The teams you select in the World League will always be the same. Other teams in domestic leagues wont ever get a chance to enter into it.

ie: You create a world league structure (secondary league) and it includes 30 of the best teams in England. Now if you play the domestic league of England and a team not in that list like Shrewsbury rise through the domestic leagues they wont get a chance to compete in the world league.

Is there a way around this?

That is the major problem, and one I cannot see a way around. I'm considering putting an inactive pool of teams at the bottom of the structure and allowing relegation from the bottom league, which may allow teams to be promoted but you would have no control over which teams came up. I hear this is random with an element of the club's reputation, so if a club rises through their domestic league then they may get that promotion as well.

What do people think is a maximum amount of games any one team should play? If I had divisions of 16 teams and reduced domestic leagues to 10 teams, that is still 48 league games. Add in a couple of cups and it's up to about 68 games, which could cause a bit of congestion. But that's only if teams are successful in the cups.

Just wondering if I should reduce the leagues at all? But 16 teams is such a good number, makes it so easy to do the cups!

Have you managed to get promotion and relegation to work in the Secondary Divisions? I couldn't get more than 1 Secondary to appear in game, let alone promotion. I have been trying exactly what you have been doing but in Liechtenstein.

I would be interested to hear how you have managed to get this to work.

layable

I created a European Super League for FM11 using a Secondary league structure based in England, and retained all National Leagues the only problem I encountered was Club history never recorded places within the ESL for teams other than english. For every Secondary league you have you must have a main league playable, ie if you only have the Premiership playable you only get the 1st league in the Secondary league showing up. What I did was I activated Level 7 and then made a further 4 leagues with no promotion to Level 7 for english B teams. To take a look at the set up I used Download my Db HERE

Personally, I wouldn't want to be playing more than 50 ish games per season. Think about the English Football League divisions + cup games - that's already pretty busy.

Thinking about the English season, 38 league + 15 Champs League + 6 FA Cup (excluding replays) + 7 League Cup = 66 games. Now that is a lot, but doable.

My idea right now is 18 Domestic League + 30 world League + 13 World Champs League + 6 World Club Cup = 67. But this means teams would have to drop out of their domestic cups.

Another limitation I have found is that player stats dont get shown or recorded for the world league. There is no information of them playing in the world league on their history or stats tabs.

Is there something I need to do here?

Player stats are showing on mine, they are added to League stats.

I have created the top 4 tiers in the World League so far and testing is going pretty well.

The biggest difference I've noticed from FM10 is how well the regional boundaries work this time, it appears to be faultless, so no need for me to add the competitions for each level for every single club like last time. That was a ridiculously long task!

I see they are added to the league stats but I was expecting them to show like you see the Brazilian players when it shows two separate stats for the season, one for the National the other shows their state performances.

Is there a way to do this?

No idea if this is possible or not I'm afraid.

Can leagues be of varying size each season. I set it to be 16 to 24 teams but they always stay at 20 and that ruins the regional placing for teams as I find euro clubs going to my asian league, etc, to make up the numbers.

I know you can set min and max teams for a league, but I have to admit I've never tried it. I think it would mess up the cups because they are taking teams from divisions and those divisions need to have the right number in.

I ran a test on my game for 16 seasons and checked to see which teams have moved around and there were only 6 teams in the wrong divisions. These were because of too few European teams in the lower leagues and were filled with African/Asian teams, but it's much better than FM10 where teams were going all over the place.

Okay, here is a quick update of where I'm at so far. I've put the top 5 tiers of the World League structure together and it looks like this (no screenshots as I'm on the wrong PC):

World Gold League (1 division x 16 teams)

World Silver League (1 x 16)

World Bronze League (2 x 16)

- Bronze League East

- Bronze League West

World Super Leagues (4 x 16)

- European Super League

- American Super League

- African Super League

- OceAsian Super League

World A Leagues (6 x 16)

- West Europe A League

- East Europe A League

- North American A League

- South American A League

- African A League

- OceAsian A League

As mentioned above, the regional boundaries work very well this time around, with the only exceptions being some continental overlaps between Europe/Asia and Asia/Africa.

I decided to split the Bronze League between East and West hemisphere, but moved it slightly east of the GMT line to pick up most of France. So the West League contains teams from countries such as England, France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina, while the East League features teams from Germany, Italy, Russia, South Korea, etc. This way splits up the stronger teams from Europe and makes both divisions pretty even in strength.

I plan to add tiers 6 and 7 soon, possibly also an 8th tier but this may just be set as an inactive feeder league for promotion/relegation, I haven't decided yet.

The World League part is the easy job; the long part will be to restructure domestic leagues. For testing purposes I've changed the English League to a North/South split from the top, with 2 divisions of 10 in the Premier and Championship to reduce the games for those involved in the World League. But I may change the Premier into Premier 1 and 2 with 10 teams each and the Leagues on top of each other, so we still get an outright winner.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Okay, here is a quick update of where I'm at so far. I've put the top 5 tiers of the World League structure together and it looks like this (no screenshots as I'm on the wrong PC):

World Gold League (1 division x 16 teams)

World Silver League (1 x 16)

World Bronze League (2 x 16)

- Bronze League East

- Bronze League West

World Super Leagues (4 x 16)

- European Super League

- American Super League

- African Super League

- OceAsian Super League

World A Leagues (6 x 16)

- West Europe A League

- East Europe A League

- North American A League

- South American A League

- African A League

- OceAsian A League

As mentioned above, the regional boundaries work very well this time around, with the only exceptions being some continental overlaps between Europe/Asia and Asia/Africa.

I decided to split the Bronze League between East and West hemisphere, but moved it slightly east of the GMT line to pick up most of France. So the West League contains teams from countries such as England, France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina, while the East League features teams from Germany, Italy, Russia, South Korea, etc. This way splits up the stronger teams from Europe and makes both divisions pretty even in strength.

I plan to add tiers 6 and 7 soon, possibly also an 8th tier but this may just be set as an inactive feeder league for promotion/relegation, I haven't decided yet.

The World League part is the easy job; the long part will be to restructure domestic leagues. For testing purposes I've changed the English League to a North/South split from the top, with 2 divisions of 10 in the Premier and Championship to reduce the games for those involved in the World League. But I may change the Premier into Premier 1 and 2 with 10 teams each and the Leagues on top of each other, so we still get an outright winner.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Hi Kenco, Thanks for the info. It's a pity that you're not keeping the structure you so cleverly created for FM10, which I thought was brilliant. As you say thanks to the improvements in the regionalization, the said structure should work even better. Do you know yet when you plan to release the file?

Again, thanks for all you work and effort.

Hi Kenco, Thanks for the info. It's a pity that you're not keeping the structure you so cleverly created for FM10, which I thought was brilliant. As you say thanks to the improvements in the regionalization, the said structure should work even better. Do you know yet when you plan to release the file?

Again, thanks for all you work and effort.

Which part of the FM10 structure did you like? I think this one is quite similar, but with a few differences to make it better than before, but maybe not as big.

Which part of the FM10 structure did you like? I think this one is quite similar, but with a few differences to make it better than before, but maybe not as big.

I really enjoyed trying to achieve promotion twice in a row with a league 9 or 10 club and I also enjoyed the 'FIFA (country name) Division' style cups that you included in your FM10 structure. I particularly liked the number of clubs to choose from.

Slightly off topic, would you know how to create a new continent and assign teams to it?

I really enjoyed trying to achieve promotion twice in a row with a league 9 or 10 club and I also enjoyed the 'FIFA (country name) Division' style cups that you included in your FM10 structure. I particularly liked the number of clubs to choose from.

Slightly off topic, would you know how to create a new continent and assign teams to it?

You should still be able to do that with Tier 7 or 8 clubs. The FIFA divisions were okay, but they were just there because I wanted to keep teams in some kind of domestic competition in addition to the World League. Unfortunately I couldn't recreate leagues with promotions/relegations then, but this time around it's possible and will be so much better.

Sorry, no idea about creating continents.

Had a lot of fun as Inter Baku on the FM10 game, but the geographical jumping around got a little irritating (got promoted into a league full of crap African teams that I steamrollered, and then ended up in a league full of Italian teams who all battered me). so am glad that seems to be better in FM12.

Look forward to this one :thup:

Had a lot of fun as Inter Baku on the FM10 game, but the geographical jumping around got a little irritating (got promoted into a league full of crap African teams that I steamrollered, and then ended up in a league full of Italian teams who all battered me). so am glad that seems to be better in FM12.

Look forward to this one :thup:

I'll try to remember to include Inter Baku again, hopefully they will go through the correct leagues this time.

Didn't get chance to do any editing over the weekend as I was away, will try to get a couple of hours in this evening. I did go into the editor this morning to keep working on my list of teams, only to discover that the filter wasn't showing every team, despite me setting the number of records shown as unlimited. :mad:. So I need to go over the list again and add in all the ones I missed out before.

The other obstacle I have is what to do with teams from smaller nations. In some cases they only have 1 team from a nation, and it seems pointless for me to set up a domestic league for each country when they only have one team entered, as this would mean setting up over 200 separate nation rules files, something which I am not prepared to do. So I have an option to merge them into a league for their region, perhaps one for the Caribbean Islands, one for Oceania and maybe some in Asia and Africa. But if I do that, they would lose their nationality, which goes against my original idea, or I just include these teams in the World League but don't set up nation rules, so you cannot manage them.

So I'd like to hear people's ideas on which you prefer:

Option 1 - Merge smaller nations into regions and set up league systems to make them playable

Option 2 - Leave smaller nations separate, meaning they retain their nationality but you cannot manage them, unless a domestic league is created.

Didn't get chance to do any editing over the weekend as I was away, will try to get a couple of hours in this evening. I did go into the editor this morning to keep working on my list of teams, only to discover that the filter wasn't showing every team, despite me setting the number of records shown as unlimited. :mad:. So I need to go over the list again and add in all the ones I missed out before.

The other obstacle I have is what to do with teams from smaller nations. In some cases they only have 1 team from a nation, and it seems pointless for me to set up a domestic league for each country when they only have one team entered, as this would mean setting up over 200 separate nation rules files, something which I am not prepared to do. So I have an option to merge them into a league for their region, perhaps one for the Caribbean Islands, one for Oceania and maybe some in Asia and Africa. But if I do that, they would lose their nationality, which goes against my original idea, or I just include these teams in the World League but don't set up nation rules, so you cannot manage them.

So I'd like to hear people's ideas on which you prefer:

Option 1 - Merge smaller nations into regions and set up league systems to make them playable

Option 2 - Leave smaller nations separate, meaning they retain their nationality but you cannot manage them, unless a domestic league is created.

I, for one, would vote for Option 1. I find that it's a good challenge to manage smaller clubs (sometimes with no financial resources) and try to achieve promotion(s).

What does losing nationality mean? I didn't understand that :(

And with regular domestic seasons played, won't it be too much games a season? Wouldn't it be better if you disabled every other league in the game and just left the world league structure with many lower divisions? :/

What does losing nationality mean? I didn't understand that :(

And with regular domestic seasons played, won't it be too much games a season? Wouldn't it be better if you disabled every other league in the game and just left the world league structure with many lower divisions? :/

It means a team from Jamaica would no longer be Jamaican, they would be Caribbean, for example. It's more of a personal issue, I just like to know where a team is from when I'm playing them, but it does also seem to affect things like transfer preferences when signing players/staff.

As for your second question, if you read earlier in the thread you would see the reason for this. I am setting the World League as a secondary division within the English structure, so in order for you to manage any team that isn't English you would need that league switched on. So I am planning to re-structure many nation's rules so they get less games domestically, freeing up space in the calendar for the World League.

Archived