dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilbster - North Ferriby - 2025/26 Championship End of Season Update

Table | Finances | Squad

Preetty decent first Championship season, ticked most of the boxes the msot important was survival. Nothing really interesting of note about the season. Do need to make some more improvements before I will even think about pushing for promotion.

Finally allowed to scout whole of Europe so have scouts out everywhere looking for new talent. Hope to improve my defence as the main place I need some desperate improving.

Aims

Get a defence

Mid Table

Improve finances

Perhaps ask for stadium expansion

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals
2022/23   L2          1st     1st R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2023/24   L1          8th     5th R       JPT2R, LC 1R  
2024/25   L1          1st     4th R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2025/26   CH          15th    4th R       LC 2R 

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2021/22 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

The season started with my first major sale, Kalema Lukaku left for Southampton for a fee of £110k rising to £160k if he plays internationally, and with a 50% sell-on fee. Not a bad deal for a goalkeeper who wasn't exactly setting the world alight.

After a bad start, form picked up dramatically, and we rose up the table like a rat up a drainpipe.

In early March, top of the league by two points, injury crisis struck. My squad, whilst deeper, didnt really have the strength in depth to cope, and at one point, Williams, Adams, Shyllon, Karatoprak and Haynes were all injured simultaneously - with the exception of Shyllon, I'd say that was our four best players, by a distance, out at once. Several of the remaining players were very tired, too, and so the injuries just kept coming - 3 in 55 minutes against FC United on March 26th, for example! Turned out to be a combined total of 15 months out between the three - and again, it was two key players in Adams and Avgousti, with backup striker Melling the third. Up till that day, we were coping fine with the injuries. That game started the decline. With so many players out, we lost that game and then got hammered 4-0 away to Hayes & Yeading. It was Karatoprak's injury that really did it, and we found difficulty scoring goals, with just two in four games. He came back and BAM, 1-0 win against Rochdale. But it felt like it was too late already - three games remained, and we were four points off Southend at the top of the table. We had secured a playoff place but after the season I had up to the injury crisis, I was hoping for more.

The penultimate game was a routine 3-1 win over already-relegated Darlington, and left the league ridiculously well-poised. We won 3-0 away at bottom-placed Tooting and Mitcham, and in the clash of the titans, it went our way as Southend snatched victory at Colwyn Bay. The other way round would have meant the playoffs for me unless I had won about 7 or 8-0. Four straight wins at the end of the season after four games without a win was an impressive turnaround. It should have been much easier than it was and I got lucky in the end, but we limped over the line.

Cup runs this year were a bit of same-old, same-old. Really poor performance at Ebbsfleet in the FA Cup qualifier, but all the way to Wembley for our third FA Trophy Final in a row. The third consecutive Wembley win felt like a bit of an anticlimax after the amazing league finish, but still very satisfying, as we bow out of the FA Trophy effectively unbeaten in 3 years. And WE DID THE DOUBLE!

What a season!

On the downside, the need to make the stadium all-seater in order to move up to League Two cost the club £120k which hasn't helped the finances move up to the next level with me. So I don't know whether to laugh or cry that a bid of £450k for Harry Haynes was accepted from over my head by the board and Haynes is now a Burnley player. I would have sacrificed a bit of that cash for a future fee - he might well go for millions next time. Oh well. There was of course also a TV windfall from the Football League for the first time: £280k to be precise, very nice. We've also turned professional.

Key Players

The strikers deserve their own special section. They really hit their straps this year. I don't think they're the reason for the promotion, see below, but to score 74 goals between them is impressive. Only Manuel Ferreira had a higher Average Rating than Karatoprak or Haynes this season. As Colwyn Bay lost to Southend once again in the Playoff Final, I might look into signing him for next year. But all three of main strikers deserve huge credit:

Gokhan Karatoprak* | Harry Haynes | Andy Fairhurst

I really will miss Harry Haynes - but hopefully I can keep hold of Karatoprak who should be good enough for League Two.

Joe McConville and Matt Tonkin - finally plugged the holes at full back on both sides. I believe this was the key, in the end. It's the first time I've had two decent full backs for a sustained period.

Volkan Kaya - key player in the anchoring role.

Wilfred Adams - the rock of the defence.

Josh Williams - found some form again in partnership with Adams

Giasoumis Avgousti - declined in form a bit this year but still a good player.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Kaya inducted, and Golobart re-inducted.

Unsurprisingly, I was named Manager of the Year.

Key Records Broken

Biggest transfer fee received: £110k for Kalema Lukaku to Southampton (plus 50% sell-on fee and 50k after international appearances).

Most Assists: Gokhan Karatoprak - 26.

Highest Average Rating: Gokhan Karatoprak - 7.55

Fastest goal: 17 seconds - Gokhan Karatoprak v Torquay (A).

Highest League Finish.

Valete (Or, key departures and their career stats)

KALEMA LUKAKU

Becoming our record transfer sale by almost 100k, and I'm not quite sure how as he hadn't exactly been that good!

APPS: 175, CONC: 197, CLN: 61, MoM: 6, AvR: 6.82

ABIAN SERRANO

After his attributes hit a dramatic decline after a long injury, Abian Serrano left in January for £10k to Exeter. Before his injury, Serrano enjoyed two very prolific seasons, scoring 52 goals in 110 games.

APPS: 272, GOALS: 96, ASSTS: 47, MoM: 17, AvR: 6.97

ROBERT PARATORE

Hadn't been doing that well for me and I wanted to cash in, especially because he was on a pretty high wage for the BSP.

APPS: 123, GOALS: 8, ASSTS: 26, MoM: 7, AvR: 6.98

Next season, survival is key, but with quite a lot of really good players, if we can keep the squad together, then you never know it might be a better season than that. I would also hope that various club improvements might be possible - a stadium expansion maybe, or at least a scouting range expansion.

Targets for 2021/22

Promotion. SUCCESS

More quality in the squad. SUCCESS - Karatoprak came from within, but Fairhurst was a new signing as were McConville and Tonkin.

Improve depth so that injury crises dont hit too hard. SUCCESS - we had a terrible injury crisis which almost cost us promotion but we had just about enough. Next season the squad will have to be massively improved in both strength and depth.

Targets for 2022/23

Survival.

Cup run to maintain the finances - hope for a Premiership tie.

Sign at least three players with Championship or Premiership potential.

In other news, Arsenal won the Premiership by a point from Chelsea, who took the FA Cup as consolation, beating Newcastle on penalties in the final, whilst Atletico Madrid beat Juventus to claim the Champions' League in Paris.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322421&viewfull=1#post7322421]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326026&viewfull=1#post7326026]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      73       FA Trophy Winners.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7330382&viewfull=1#post7330382]2020/21[/url]     Blue Square Premier        4th      77       Playoff semi-finalists, FA Trophy Winners.
2021/22     Blue Square Premier        1st      90       Promoted as Champions; FA Trophy Winners.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

#9 Darren Parker - Hastings United Season 14/15

hastingsutd-1.png

Season Summary: A better season than the previous one, finishing mid table in 10th. We were never in any danger of relegation, and up until the last couple of months we had a shout at a play off spot. Went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup to lowly Aveley, but managed to get to the 3rd round in the Trophy. Wage budget for next season has now been reduced again to £1900 p/w as we are in major financial difficulties. As such I will be letting the player of the year leave to free up some much needed wage allowance, and hope to get by with some lower wage replacements.

League Table

Transfers

Finances

#6 Hitchin Season Update 12 Season 2023/24

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

Manager of the Year

A good season which started with board paying of a remaining loan debt. We finished in 8th position, though I believe we would have deserved a better end position. Chose a new formation this season 3-1-2-2-2, due to having some really good AM L/R, who really couldn't play in my previous 4-3-1-2, and the fact we have better DC than DR/L made me try with 3 defenders instead. It worked out better than expected. Still conceding some goals, but as players get better, or better gets signed, I am confident, this will be our best option formation wise. Chairman decided to sell 1 of our players Mrmic, who had been with us for 6 seasons. It was both good and bad, as it gave some other midfielders a chance, but still would have liked to use him.

We won the League Cup (press) and made it the semi finals in the FA Cup, where Man Utd was just a tad better and we lost 2-1.

Notable players over the season:

GK:

- Alen Murtic: Starting to become a good keeper, as long as we dont concede any penalties!

DEF:

- Carl Flynn: Still our most solid defender. Didn't score as many goals this season, but is good and reliable.

- Cristiano: New signing from Jaguares. Cost 7mill but has been worth every penny so far.

- Abubakar Tagoe: Really strong season and he has improved amazing in stats this season.

MID:

- Marcos Costa: A good season, but has played both MC and AMR this season and not really hit the form, still 12 assists.

- Pirulito: So far not been worth the 9mill he cost last season, but he is getting there.

- Duarte Pacheco: His 3rd season here, and his first season he got to play. Did an pk job and have high hopes for him.

- Wayne Hall: New signing from Crewe and our first wonderkid. Has been training to become a striker. Amazing stats. Funny stats, but still amazing.

ATT:

- Giuseppe Cutolo: New signing. Bought from Man C reserves for 13.5 mill. Good player and can't wait to see how he will mature.

Board has agreed on the second facility improvement in 2 years (finally they have) and hope they will do it again :D Now they just need to build a new stadium!!

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted
2019/20 L1	3rd rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Q/F S	 6th		None
2020/21	L1	1st rnd		LC Q/F		JPT Q/F S	 1st		Promoted, +4014 seats
2021/22	CH	Semi Final	LC 2nd rnd	N/A		 2nd		Auto Promoted, +7148 seats (12.500 total)
2022/23	PRM	5th rnd		LC S/F		N/A		13th		None
2023/24	PRM	S/F		LC Final	N/A		 8th		EC Qualifier, LC Winner

This year is going as I had hoped and kind of predicted. The strikers are kicking in form and the late signings of last year (March) and the couple from this year are really working out. A slight change in formation from 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-1-2 has increased our scoring. With our defensive record last year and poor goalscoring record, I don't know why I didnt implement it more. Possibly because of the lack of a quality AMC. The season started anxiously and we couldnt turn chances into goals in our first two matches and we ended up grabing just 1 point from a possible, and achievable 6. I anticipated a re-run of last year but we kicked into form with a 3v0 win and we havent lost since, scoring in every game bar one. We sit at the top of the league for the first time after 16 games - 10W-5D-1L with 29GF and just 8A. A good start with plenty more to come I hope - including a cup run.

DARREN1983 SEASON REVIEW KINGSTONIAN SEASON 13/14 BSP

League Table. Graph

A nealy season in the end. After promotionlast year I was hoping for lower mid-table, which we more then managed. We started the season solid but around November time we hit the wall and a change in formation resulted in change in fortune and a march up the table, we were around the play offs but never able to really close in on them untill the last 6 weeks or so of the season where we went on a great 12 game unbeaten run the not only saw us break into the playoffs but ending the season in a quite frankly shocking 2nd place! In the playoffs we drew Kiddiminster (who we did the double over in league games) and a very comfortable away leg saw us cruise to a 2-0 win, going into the 2nd leg my team thought this would be the perfect time to produce our worst performace of the season as we went down 4-1 to lose 4-3 on agg, was truely gutted :(

Got all the way to the final of the FA Trophy. The final was 3 days after the 2nd leg of the play offs and despite our best effots is what not meant to be :(

On to next season where my only plan is to win the league!!!!!!!!!!

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2029/30

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Another good season for the fans of Hendon Football Club to enjoy, we made a dodgy start to the season but we managed to pick up the wins atound Christmas and went on an 18 match unbeaten run which was a new club record. We finished 3rd in our Champions League group so we made it into the Europa Cup where we met Rapid Bucharest who we dispatched 6-0 on aggregate, then we met Liverpool who we beat 3-1 on aggregate. In the Quater Finals we faced a tough tie against Zenit St. Petersburg who we easily beat 5-1, Hendon were in the Semi-Finals of an European Cup match. AC Milan were next in the Semi-Finals, after a testing 2-2 draw away a full house at Hendon Stadium saw us draw 0-0 so we went through on away goals, next was a Final against Catania at FC Porto. We started slowly but we went into a 2 goal lead at half time, a goal midway through the second half gave us a Cup Double for the first time.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2025/26     Barclays Premier League    10th             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup Quarter Finals
2026/27     Barclays Premier League     8th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup Winners
2027/28     Barclays Premier League     9th             Europa League Quarter Finals, F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2028/29     Barclays Premier League     3rd             F.A Cup Final, Carling Cup 4th Rnd
2029/30     Barclays Premier League     4th             Europa League Winners, F.A Cup Winners, Carling Cup 4th Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Top 2 finish

*Do well in Champions League

A good season, Dan. Good luck with the new season!

Just hammered League 1 side Doncaster in the FA Cup 2nd Round 4v0. Completely unexpected. I was hoping we would put up a good fight, but things turned out better. We were under pressure a lot but our early goal gave us the win in reality as Doncaster pursued a much more aggressive and attacking game. With players behind the ball and playing counter attacking football, we were able to break through on a number of occassions and with some solid finishing, come away with an expected victory and an extra £27.54k.

Gilbster - North Ferriby 2026/27 - Championship - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers

A much improved season, but annoyingly was in a promotion place for most of the season, and just couldnt hold that form. It was like the squad gave up or knew they werent ready for premiership so saved some future embarassment. We ended up losing 5-4 to Newcastle in the Playoff Semi Finals.

We also made it to the FA Cup semis, but lost to Man City 2-1. We did beat Everton in the quarters, so have to be happy about that.

My finances are all over the place, but I am attempting to get a grip on them. We have got just over 2000 new seats going into the stadium, so hopefully will get more attendance money from mid season next season.

Aims

Push for promotion a bit more convincingly

Get a new DL, AMR, DMC and poss GK

Get rid of players that I really shouldnt still have at club

Perhaps start investing in a couple of promising youngsters

Career So Far

2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals
2022/23   L2          1st     1st R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2024/25   L1          1st     4th R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2026/27   CH          5th     SF          LC 2R                  Play off Semi Final Loss, FA Cup Semi finalists

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5568661438_0b5cff002b.jpg

Northwich Victoria

Anyway Season 14/15

Another season another League Title!

league1415.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No luck in the cups crashing out in the prelim round of the Carling Cup, Second Round of the FA Cup and Q/F of the Johnstone's paints

We were acknowledged by our peers as I picked up the Manager of the Year, Jamil Adam picked up top goalscorer, Yala Bolaisegot goal of the season and four of my players made the team of the year.

Start Performers were:

The Jamil Adam Trophy (Top Scorer) was won by Jamil Adam with 40 goals from 46(1) apperances

The Pass Master Trophy (Most Assists) for Michael Ratcliffe 28 from 31(6) Apperances

The Tuff Tackler Trophy for Bob Harris 6.95 per game

The Wizard of the Dribble Trophy for Yala Bolaise 2.38 a game

Match of the year - was our 2nd ever league game it certainly gave them belief.....

matchoftheyear1415.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

League One here we come!

Unfortunately Jamil Adam has requested a transfer and may have to go and my best centre back Jack Bennet left but for £575k (the club was only valued at £700k at the time)

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square North Champions 12/13

Blue Square Premier Champions 13/14

FA Trophy Winners 13/14

League Two Champions 14/15

Hendon F.C. - Season 2012/13

hendon.png

Media prediction: 22nd

Board Confidence

Season Summary

Best Eleven

Transfers

I’ve started again as Hendon because I had completely ruined Marine financially. I now have a better understanding of finances in the Blue Square leagues so hopefully this will go much better.

AIMS

· Survive comfortably whilst building a good squad for next season.

· Reach the FA Cup 1st round.

· Keep financial losses to a minimum.

LEAGUE (POSITIONS GRAPH)

An average start was followed up with a run of 7 games in which we only picked up 2 points and dropped towards the relegation zone. In the middle of December we hit form and started to look like we might just make the playoffs and with 4 games left we were the in-form team in the division only one place outside the playoffs. We ended with only 1 win and 1 draw from those 4 games which meant we had missed out on the playoffs by 4 points. Despite overachieving in the league this season I still felt like we had missed an opportunity.

FA CUP

We reached the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup having gone through on replays in each of the previous 2 rounds. In the 4th qualifying round we lost 3-1 at home to a Gateshead side who were near the top of the Blue Square Premier. We went out a round earlier than I had hoped but I was pleased with our performance in this cup anyway.

FA TROPHY

We lost 1-0 at home to non-league Banbury during our run of bad form. We should really beat teams of this level but at the time I was just glad to be able to concentrate on getting our league form back on track.

PLAYERS

Josh Wilson finished the season as Hendon Supporters’ Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer as well as the Blue Square South Player of the Season and Top Goalscorer.

Jake Nicholson made one of the central midfield positions his own halfway through the season and I fully expect him to still be there for a long time.

Jeremy Helan was a late signing and only played 10 games at left back for us but he has significantly improved a weak area in our side and he will be a key part of our defence next season.

FINANCES

Due to our run in the FA Cup we were able to minimise losses and we are only £44,000 in the red which is partly due losses incurred building a new stadium. A loan costing £11.75k per month has been taken on to build the stadium, I think this will be difficult to cope with unfortunately.

FACILITIES

Our Junior Coaching has been improved to Adequate level.

A 4,883 capacity stadium is being built and should be ready by 22/6/2014.

Our average attendance for the season was 313.

AIMS FOR SEASON 2

· Promotion

· Reach the FA Cup 1st round.

· Keep financial losses to a minimum.

Season      Division                    Position          Points         Noteworthy Achievements
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7338317&viewfull=1#post7338317"][u]2012/13[/u][/url]     Blue Square South           11th              63             None

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 7 - 2018/19 – nPower League Two

Pre-season - Media Prediction: :lol: 23th :lol:

A Step Closer to Glory

League Table| Progress | Squad | Transfers

Went into the new season in a new stadium expecting to struggle due to the media prediction of 23rd. However, a great start to the season gave the team confidence and momentum which never waivered until mid April which was a bit squeeky bum time. Luckily, the team dragged themselves over the finish line and clinched promotion with a game to go. Finished the season with a great 5-0 loss against Notts County! :o

Onwards and upwards as Charles Bronson would say!

Targets for the 2018/19 season

1. Survive in League Two ACHIEVED

2. Reach FA Cup 3rd round ACHIEVED

3. Expand the scouting range FAILED

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round
2014/15         Blue Square North          3th           Highest finish to date        
2015/16         Blue Square North          1st           Promoted                           
2016/17         Blue Square Premier        1st           Promoted                               
2017/18         League Two                 17th          None                                       
2018/19         League Two                 3rd           Promoted                             

Targets for new season:

1. Survive in League One

2. Reach FA Cup 3rd round

3. Expand the scouting range (again!)

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2018/2019 - nPower Championship

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 15th

FA Cup: 5th Rnd loss to Everton(0-2 away)

Carling Cup: 2nd Rnd loss to Leicester(2-3 away)

Best result: 4-0 win away against Nottingham Forrest

Worst result: 1-6 loss away to Swansea

Top goalscorer: Christian Christensen, 17(15 in CH)

Most assists: Sergey Melnik 9(8 in CH)

Highest Average rating: Sergey Melnik, 7.06 (7.06 in CH)

2018-97 Season Review:

An okay season from our perspective.. A strong start among the playoff teams crumbled and we soon found ourselves midtable and down to earth through multiple 4+ goal losses. We finally got a upgrade of our training facilities through, and a new stadium to boot.

Player of the season:

Sergey Melnik - M/AM/S L/C - Plays well. But I'm not sure he's the solution in the long run.

Other Key Players

Nicola Baio - D R - Strong wingback. Will need to up his game in the new season

Maurinho - AM R/S C - Played well, but a replacement is already signed.

Kenneth Christensen - AM R/S C - Still our top goalscorer although injuries ruined some of his season.

2019/208 Season Preview:

I've already signed a couple of decent looking young players. I will look to rebuild the squad for yet another season and getting some more pieces in order to compete for promotion, especially some centrebacks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

#42 - Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2016/2017 - End of Season Review - L1 - 11th -Disappointment

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3 Table

The League

Well this season started off as i expected, which was a struggle, the first half of the season we were battling hard, but kept on losing vital games by a goal, and times when we seemed to be playing well we would concede a stupid corner, or the opposing team would score their one shot on target.

December and January proved an up turn in form for us, although we never seemed to be able to get a proper run together, and always seemed to be on the cusp of a good run only to lose an unexpected or dissapointing game.

We continued in February and seemed to be moving up the table, well we were, we were doing so well that we managed to sneak into 6th, the last playoff spot. Now all i had to do was hold onto that position for the last 10 games of the season.

CUE AWFUL RUN! As my player saw the possibilities of the Championship looming, they seemed to all go off to dream land. Our last 10 games of the season resulted in the following

Pl 10 - W - 2 D - 2 L - 6 (Yes thats 2 wins, 2 draws, and 6 losses)

The form was enough to send us plummeting down the table into a dissapointing 11th place.

Cups

An Acheivement for me here. I made a clean sweep of losses in the first round. Lost to Sunderland in the League Cup first round, Hartlepool in the Fa Cup first round reply and Millwall in the JPT first round.

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Key Players

Zac Ansah - Once again he is the Key Player for the club. He scores whichever league he is in, and his potential can still rise. Seems to score for fun at times, and hope he can keep this up for the next few years, at least until the Premier League. I have already decided i am going to find a way to keep him at the club for life. I think his achievements for the club deserve recognition. He has also this season become the clubs all time leading goalscorer.

Peter Larsen - Struck up a good partnership with Ansah. Is not always first choice but for the majority of the season (Apart from a few dips in form, and injuries) he was the ma to compliment Ansah. Came in with a decent return of 10 goals and 9 assists in 35 starts.

Lee Carpenter - One again he improves year on year stats wise, and will be a another player i plan to take into the premier league and into the clubs history books. 7 goals and 12 assists may not be the best stats from a long season, but i can't see a better MR than him in the league.

Joe Wright - Not the first time he has appeared in the key players list either. A massive contributer again with a haul of 17 assists in just 31 league starts. His stats still are not the greatest and he is not always first choice, but you can't argue with a player who is consistently setting up goals. Did pick up an injury after this screenshot that will see him out for the first month of the new season.

Marco Appiani - Was close between him and Corbin Ong - But Appianis form was better and he seemed to be a more consistent player. Has alot of potential and scored 7 goals from CB which is impressive enough, and can also fill in at RB if needed. Him and Corbin Ong need to form a consistent partnership if we are going to win the league or get promoted this next season.

Other News

Nothing much other than Zac Ansah getting player of the year and breaking the all time goalscoring record for Bury Town.

Next Seasons Aims

1. Promotion - Simple really we need to get promoted.

2. New key players - need a few more key players and a few more english as i was struggling to field 6 HG players in the squad last season.

3. Do SOMETHING in one of the cups. Don't want another clean sweep of rubbish. Think i will choose one cup to play my first team in.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7249022#"]2013/14[/url]              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7277223#post7277223"]2014/15[/url]              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305214#post7305214"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                            5th                        Playoff Winners
2016/17              League 1                            11th                       Nothing 

Drew. FC United. Premiership. 2018/2019

Table - We went one better than last season, managing to finish 4th and secure a Champions League place for next season, awesome.

Graph - We were in the top 10 for most of the season, and as the season went on, we grew and grew in confidence.

Squad - Quite a few additions over the summer, my star men were Martin Hruska was the star at the back again, solid as usual; Diego Wagner wow, what a signing, a fantastic debut season for the young man, I was going to say that I'd like more of the same for next season, but he's getting sold of next season :(Andreas Ernst was superb on the right wing, cutting inside and giving opposing teams a lot of problems; Nicolas Gallardo need I say anything?

Transfers

Finances

Europa League Final

Me

Aims for next season:

Win the title, I believe that we are capable of doing this, all I need is a few additions and then it is actually possible, Man City will be my biggest rivals for next season.

Darren1983 Kingstonian Season 2014/15 Season Review

Media Prediction: 21st

Final Position: 3rd

Table.Graph

After last season's disapointment (FA Trophy runners up, play off losers) I set my team out for promotion, I only made 3 new signings over the summer as I felt we were close last season and needed evolution rather then a revolution, we started ok and spent most of the season in and around the play offs, but every time we got up to top spot we blew it and never really convinced, with 7 games to go we were 2nd 3 points off top with 2 games in hand, 7 wins would see us champions, we then won our next 3 games to give us a great chance, but then 4 straight drews left us in the play offs.

We drew Crewe in the playoffs and it was them or Barrow that I wanted to play having never beat Ebbsfleet in 6 previous games, a good solid first hour of the away leg found us 3-0 up, however some sloppy play allowed them to grab 2 quick goals to end the 3-2 to us. In the 2nd leg we were fantastic! We played them off the park and won 4-0 and cruised into the final 7-2 to play Ebbsfleet!

A very even first half saw us go in level 2-2, we then stepped up in the 2nd half and in the last 20 mins we grabbed a couple of goals and saw out the rest of the game to win 4-2 and seal promotion into the football league!!!

Cups

First round exits in both as I wanted to focus in promotion

Gilbster - 2027/28 End of Seaosn Update - North Ferriby

Table | Positions

We werent good enough to go up, and ultimately a 2-0 loss in Playoff Final proved that.

Brief update, only because I need to get going on a major squad revamp, and I may mean it this time. Lots of players dont want to renew contract. Others want first team football. Others want bigger clubs. Need to just try and keep the happy players, find a couple of half decent british youngsters, and see if I can get some better players in generally.

Career So Far

2026/27   CH          5th     SF          LC 2R                  Play off Semi Final Loss, FA Cup Semi finalists
2027/28   CH          3rd     3rd R       LC 3R                  Play Off Final Loss

Why can I not use an aggressive tone in a team meeting?

Why are you asking this here? Try either the bugs section or pc/mac GD. I'm not trying to be a mod here, just saying you're more likely to find an answer there

~~~

My Lewes game is not going well, losing a lot so it seems the team is appropriately named :(

My Lewes game is not going well, losing a lot so it seems the team is appropriately named :(

I actually chuckled at that for no real reason. Hopefully you'll be able to turn it around!

Having managed to bag myself a 1v1 draw against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup 3rd Round, I get to take them to our ground where I'd like to think we could outplay them. Reality is we shouldnt have even had a draw, they bombarded us with pressure and we got lucky. But, the extra £140k from the tv is a helping hand in our poor financial times. I'm hoping we can force it to penalties or something! But I feel that may be dreaming a little bit.

Hoping we can win the FA Trophy and the League this year for a bit more cash and finally the ability to play in League Two. Things are moving up for my Hitchin boys. Wish me luck against Middlesbrough! Ill need it.

You know it's pronounced 'Lewis'

No I did not! There goes that pun then :( TBH I don't know where it is in England other than "darn sarf" and only know of the team because I like the logo!

As soon as I posted that though I won my first game of the season against Bishop's Stortford, whomping 3-0 victory to boot.

I'm already tempted to try and start again but with Chester, forgot they were a sexy option.

No I did not! There goes that pun then :( TBH I don't know where it is in England other than "darn sarf" and only know of the team because I like the logo!

As soon as I posted that though I won my first game of the season against Bishop's Stortford, whomping 3-0 victory to boot.

I'm already tempted to try and start again but with Chester, forgot they were a sexy option.

It's near Brighton if that helps, I live nearby

Aspirations of a solid finish this year may be hindered after star striker Bunn declared himself unhappy and wanting to leave for a bigger side. I tried talking to him - it made it worse. He's our top goal scorer so hopefully he will still play and score, if not, our secondary strikers will get a proper chance - which they probably deserve to be fair.

Edit: Who needs your most prolific goal scorer when you can just use your second striker alone? We just beat 7th place Championship side Middlesbrough to go through to the next round (Bolton). Im not entirely sure how realistic a win it is, but I suppose we've seen it happen IRL and its given me a hefty £68.85k to the balance plus TV money. My cup run has gone further than expected :O

#6 Hitchin Season Update 13 Premier Division 2025/25

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Finances - Transfers

Awards

Manager of the Year Runner Up - PRM Top Scorer - PRM young player 3rd

A good solid season, without any remarkable achievements. Finished 7th and got an automatic qual for next seasons EURO Cup as only highlight. Board finally agreed it was time to build a new Stadium, so 2 years from now, we are moving into a 22525 capacity stadium. Had the 3rd consecutive upgrade on training and youth facilities. Continued to play the 3-1-2-2-2 formation. We scored alot of goals this season, but also did concede quite some goals. Hopefully the conceding part can get better and we can push for a better league position. Our best game of the season was found in the PRM where now relegated Birmingham wondered what went wrong, as they lost 8-2 at home. (press)

League Cup was abysmal and we had a 3-0 defeat away to Tottenham. FA Cup wasn't alot better and saw us exit in the 6th round to Man Utd. This game was particular depressing, as we were up 2-0, but lost 4-2.

EURO Cup was a great run. We managed to get to the Q/F where League winners Arsenal waited. Loosing 3-1 at home in first leg and there really wasn't alot to play for away, but we managed to secure a 1-0 win.

A number of players had a good impact on our season:

GK:

- Alan Murtic: Had a good season, but is lacking consistency.

DEF:

- Carl Flynn: Besides getting older now and stats wise not better than our other choices, he is still rock solid in defense.

- Lars Andersen: Played alot more this season and did it really well.

- Cristiano: Our best defender and a good player getting the ball into counter action.

- Abubakar Tagoe: Very close to Cristiano's abilities and really strong.

MID:

- Marcos Costa: Had another great season. 9 goals 19 assists.

- Carlos: Tireless DM. great player.

- Ibrahim Turan: Controlled our midfield and played solid in defending phases.

- Sven Haufe: Our "spare tire" played both CM and MC when needed.

- Pirulito: Finally starting to repay the 13 mill he cost 2 seasons ago.

- Florian Schwaab: Soo much potential, but haven't had a breakthrough yet.

ATT:

- Giuseppe Cutolo: 45 games and 17 goals. Had hoped for more goals, but he repaid those with 14 assists.

- Wayne Hall: only 1 word for this player. Amazing! 56 games. 53 goals, 21 assists and 15 mom. Euro Cup topscorer with 19 goals.

Signed a few good prospect youngsters, more in the case we loose some of our regular squad players.

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted
2019/20 L1	3rd rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Q/F S	 6th		None
2020/21	L1	1st rnd		LC Q/F		JPT Q/F S	 1st		Promoted, +4014 seats
2021/22	CH	Semi Final	LC 2nd rnd	N/A		 2nd		Auto Promoted, +7148 seats (12.500 total)
2022/23	PRM	5th rnd		LC S/F		N/A		13th		None
2023/24	PRM	S/F		LC Final	N/A		 8th		EC Qualifier, LC Winner
2024/25	PRM	6th rnd		4th rnd		EC Q/F		 7th		EC Qualifier, New stadium (22525 in 2027) 

Why are you asking this here? Try either the bugs section or pc/mac GD. I'm not trying to be a mod here, just saying you're more likely to find an answer there

Because it's relevant to my dafuge save and also because there's been quite a bit of discussion regarding team meetings in this thread.

Besides, I'm not saying it's a bug, more I wonder if it's something you can't do given team meetings are meant to improve morale, or if my form needs to be worse etc,

HastingsUnited.png

HASTINGS UNITED (#68) Season 3 2014/2015

Table -- Squad -- Position -- Transfers -- Reputation -- Confidence (Competitions - Transfers)

The Season

Our first season in the Blue Square Premiership was a tale of two halves. My first priority was dumping some of the players with expired contracts I felt couldn’t help out at the new level. I then brought in a few players (7, from Jun to August) that I hoped would help us through the first season. Only one of those, Ben Bailey, played a huge role, accumulating 42 appearances at the right back position with a 6.95 overall rating. Two others played rotation roles, accumulating about 20 appearances each. A couple others were brought in for future potential and put into the youth team to grow.

During the first half season, avoiding relegation seemed to be a real battle. We managed 25 points (7 wins and 4 draws) in our first 23 league matches, and hovered just above the relegation spots for most of that first half. I knew that if I could match that point total in the second half, we would likely survive (45 points being the historic threshold for survival)…but we had to actually achieve that doubling of points total in the second half. With only 23 goals scored, vs 42 allowed, things didn’t look great. My outstanding defence of the first two seasons just wasn’t working.

Late in October, I brought in Kossi Hodouto to play alongside Tunnecliffe (my star from the previous two seasons). The Togo defender had been with Tottenham for three years (only making two appearances in cup matches during that three year period), and was pointed out to me by, I believe, my AssMan. According to all of my coaching staff, he is universally regarded as having great League One potential, and he immediately made a difference in my back line. He ended up making 28 appearances, with an AvR of 7.00, adding one goal and three assists. Strangely, he had no MoM awards.

Two other players rounded out my transfer acquisitions. Right Winger/defender Matt Parry came in to play a rotation role (and to cover for international absences). He made 16 appearances, grabbing one goal and two assists, with an AvR of 6.93. Not outstanding, but he definitely came in handy when he was needed.

Finally, when Polish goalkeeper Mateusz Taudul was recommended to me (as having potential to be much better than my current GK, and of similar current ability), I decided to pick him up with the idea of making him my future keeper. However, the future came quicker than expected, as my starter ended up missing most of the last nine weeks with training injuries (hamstring, hernia) --- the first missed games by Ollie in two years. But, boy, was I glad to have picked up Mateusz. 15 appearances, 6 clean sheets, averaged 1.13 goals/90 minutes, claimed 7 wins and 3 draws, including consecutive shutouts against Alfreton, Forest Green, and playoff-hunting Cambridge (in matchday 44, away at the Abbey). Instrumental in my final push to the top half of the table. Made team best XI despite playing only 15 matches. (Ollie might've been given a bad break here....he played as well as Mateusz in the 2nd half...but the whole teams' abysmal fist half of season might've hurt his chances to remain in the top XI for a 3rd year).

My stats for the second half were much better than the first half. 12 wins + 4 draws for 40 points put me well outside of the relegation battle. 38 goals scored vs 22 against, reversed the tally of the first half. 8 of my 12 clean sheets came in the second half of the season.

A really (really, really) good January saw me pull 12 points from 5 matches, starting out with a 6-0 drubbing of Darlington (I play well against them…as seen by this 6-4 season finale against them!) Where I couldn’t put more than two non-losing matches together in the first half of the season, I managed two 5-game non-losing streaks in the second half.

As I said..the season was a tale of two halves!

CUPS: My cup matches were a huge disappointment this season. As with my first season, I had some terrible draws, with both of my initial FAT and FAC matches being drawn against higher rep teams. I took both to a replay, but ended up losing both of my initial matches. At least it allowed me to concentrate on the league…which might have been a blessing.

Players of Note

My choice for player of the season has to be Shay McCartan. He put in 44(3) appearances, starting out in the right midfield position, but moving up front in the latter half of the season. Moving him up front paid dividends---he averaged a 6.89 AvR at the M( r ) position in 15 appearances, and a 6.65 in the M(C ) position in 8 appearances (during my 5-3-2 formation). However, in 22 appearances up front, he had a 7.26 AvR. 6 of his 14 goals came in the final five matches (all from the striker position), and all but 1 of his goals came from up front. He did add 7 assists and a team-high 5 MoM awards, with an overall rating of 7.05.

Ethan Mannion fell off a bit this season, but was still productive with 9 goals and 10 assists. His AvR was a respectable 6.99 --- not earthshattering, but given the way the first half of the season played out, I’m luck to have anyone above 7.0 for the season J A bit of a worry however, was his 8 yellows and 2 red cards picked up. At £575/week, I’m not sure he’ll be back for the new season. Will have to see what his demands are---he’s already the highest paid on the team (by quite a bit—next highest is £450). With finances being what they are…he’s likely to be looking for a job elsewhere. Unfortunate---he sees me as one of his favored personnel…and I’m sure he’s one of the fan favorites….but I just can’t see too much of a payraise in the future.

Striker Sean Cassidy also had another decent year, with 9 goals and 10 assists—an overall 6.93 AvR. Played a bit both on the left wing and up front, contributed 4 goals in the final 6 matches from the left wing (actually had a higher AvR from the ML position at 7.31 than the striker position. If Mannion is out next season, will partner McCartan up front.

Midfielder Padraig Byrne had an outstanding year from the midfield position. Definitely need to keep him around, he scored a team high 15 goals, added 6 assists, and had a team high 7.03 AvR. 8 of his 15 goals were from the penalty spot, from which he was perfect. (the only statistical category, by the way, in which any Hastings United player led the league…the next best spot-kick taker was Tom Shaw from Cambridge, with 4 successful PK attempts). 4 of his 7 non PK goals were in that final push to end the season, with a superb hattrick against Darlington to end the season (and stay one ahead of Shay, who tried his best to equal or exceed Byrne’s total tally in that wild final game!)

Finally, this my “Young player of the Year” Dalvinder Malessa. While not new this season, he was still the youngest regular in the squad. As with his first year, he fit in well with the backline (at least as well as anyone, given that horrid first half!) Playing a mix of 5-3-2 and 4-4-2, he played solidly in the left-back position, garnering 40 appearances, with three assists, three MoM, and an AvR of 6.95. 2nd on team with 4.38 tackles/game – a solid keeper for the future. He’s already looking for a new contract, and as he’s only on £50/week, I’m sure I can see my way to increasing his wages J. Chosen as fans Player of the Year

Other Notes of Interest

By end of season, team was 17th in goals scored, but the second half defense put us up to joint 7th in goals allowed. Solid foundation for next season I think. We were worst in set-piece scoring, managing only 5 goals from corners (last), 4 from indirect freekicks (23rd), and 1 from direct free kicks. Need to improve in this category next season!

Reputation wise, we’re still slowly inching up. Still the lowest BSP team. Still have several BSN/BSS teams above me, but did climb above a couple through the season. Given my 12th place finish (24th predicted) I’m hoping that when the season update arrives, this will show some more progress!

Discipline is still a problem..65 yellow (joint 3rd highest) and 4 red cards. Definitely need to stop that trend L

Manager of Season (shortlist) voting --- I placed a respectable 3rd --- losing out to Champions Crewe and Playoff promoted Cheltneham

Gaining recognition…new sponsors nearly tripled my sponsorship income J

For 3rd season running (1st in BSP) --- league overachievers!

Worst signing of season (runner up) Hastings Utd Tyler Harvey (16 appearances, 1 goal, AvR 6.67 --- one of the "role - players" I signed just for cover, came in for free. (How can a free player be a worst signing????)

Team best XI

Overall best XI --- 4 new players inducted

Finances -- about £150k in the red. Poor cup runs did not help at all, though the board came through with more than £400k in cash injections throughout the season.

Budget wise, with the promotion, I’ve been given £4.8k (up from 3.6k) I managed to stay about £800-£1K below throughout the season…which, given the financial situation, probably kept us from going too badly in the wrong direction.

Salary of £216k/yr is 23rd among BSP teams---about as expected. Hopefully can move upwards a bit with the successful campaign this year.

Season 4 manager profile

New Team Records

Highest League Position: 12th in BSP

Average Attendance: 929 2014/15

Biggest Defeat: 0-5 v Stockport (Away)

Highest Scoring Game/League Game: 6-4 v Darlington (Away)

Most games without scoring: 3 27.9.2014 to 11.10.2014

New Individual Records

Most League Appearances for club: Josh Jirbandey --- 167

Most League goals for club: Ethan Mannion --- 38

Blue Square Premier Record

Highest Scoring Game 6-4 (Hastings Utd v Darlington--match day 46)

Most Team Goals Allowed 119 - Darlington (Hastings scored 12 of those, 6-0 and 6-4)

Top Goalscorer 40 Darryl Duffy (Cheltenham)

Most Goals in a Match: 4 - Robbie Simpson (Crewe Alexandria v Darlington, 2.9.2014)

Strange Stat of the Season

We scored 61 goals in league play this season:

a) More than 25% (16) were scored in the final 5 matches of the season

b) 20% of my league goals (12) were scored against Darlington

Other competition winners

EPL: Man City(Relegated—Stoke, Leicester, Portsmouth)

Championship: West Ham (Promoted – Blackpool, Southampton) (Relegated – Hartlepool, Preston, Carlisle)

League 1: Notts Co (Promoted –Crystal Palace, Bradford) (Relegated – Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Brentford)

League 2: Bristol Rovers (Promoted – Gillingham, Newport Co, Oxford) (Relegated –Plymouth, Southend

Blue Square Premier: Crewe (Promoted – Cheltenham) (Relegated – Blyth, Bath, Darlington, Forest Green)

Blue Square North: Tamworth (Promoted – Braintree) (Relegated – Worcester, Boston Utd, Worksop)

Blue Square South: Dartford (Promoted – Lewes) (Relegated – Tonbridge, AFC Hornchurch, Tooting & Mitcham)

Regional Premier Div promotions: Wealdstone, Lowestoft, Eastwood, Chesham, Kingstonian, Guiseley (at 900, Chesham is the lowest rep I’ve seen so far)

Cups:

FA Cub – Man City

Carling Cup – Liverpool

Community Shield –Everton

Johnstone’s Trophy – Bristol Rovers

FA Trophy Hereford

UEFA Champ league group stage qualification: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal

UEFA Champ League Best placed playoff: Man Utd

UEFA 4th Qual Rd: Newcastle (FA Cup Runners up), Tottenham (5th in EPL)

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qual Rd: Liverpool (Carling Cup Winners)

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13             Blue Square South             10th                 FA Cup 3rd Qual rd, FAT 2nd Qual rd
2013/14             Blue Square South             5th                   Promoted via Playoffs, FA Cup 4Q rd, FAT 3rd Round, Manager of Year runner up
2014/15             Blue Squuare Premier        12th                 FA Cup 4th Qual Rd, FAT 1st round, 3rd place Manager of the Year

Goals for 2015/2016

Given that I finished top half this season, I’m going to let the board know I’m aiming for top half this season. However, I’m going to push as hard as I can to get to the playoff spots.

Cup runs---more than two teams faced total in the FAT and FAC!!!!!

Get rid of some fringe players. I’ve got a good, solid base now…I’ll bring in some young backup/role-players to supplement, but don’t see need to make major changes. This will allow me to…

…Manage budget---shrink deficit!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Things really didn't improve at Lewes despite that win over Bishop's Stortford. I've jumped from that sinking ship before the I got thrown over the side.

Time to start over, though I'm heading north of Watford to see if I fare better in the BSN.

Chester is my new home.

No pre-emptive leaps into the abyss this time, I'm sticking with them whether it means they'll have to form a new club at the end of it or not :)

hitchin.png

Hi guys joining the challenge as the manager of the newly promoted Hitchin Town FC

To do this season:

1) avoid relegation

2) sign a couple of players to strengthen the squad

3) invest in youth players as only have 1 player in youth team, that will be good enough to make 1st team in the coming seasons.

@4ndyMUFC for twitter updates

Gilbster - 2028/29 North Ferriby - Championship - End of Season update

Table | Positions

From what you can see on the positions graph, the final position of 4th, was the highest we had got to all season, and to be honest in early season I was worried we may get pulled into a relegation battle. Struggling due to lack of home grown, lack of leading quality players, and lack of money. I need promotion, but lost in playoff semi finals. At least I have hit the playoffs for past 3 seasons, so we are there or there abouts.

Aims:

Get better homegrown youngsters to use on subs bench

Improve squad

Get rid of players as and when they are unhappy, sick of the complaints

Career So Far

2026/27   CH          5th     SF          LC 2R                  Play off Semi Final, FA Cup Semi finalists
2027/28   CH          3rd     3rd R       LC 3R                  Lost in Playoff Finals
2028/29   CH          4th     3rd R       LC 2R                  Play off Semi Final

Archived