dafuge's FM12 challenge

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2028/29

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out 1 , 2

Well, I was not expecting that this season! We totally exceeded my expectations with some decent wins but it was thanks to a last game draw with Liverpool that put us into an automatic group stage of the Champions League. We made the Final of the F.A Cup but we finished up with 8 men on the pitch and lost 1-0 after extra time.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2025/26     Barclays Premier League    10th             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup Quarter Finals
2026/27     Barclays Premier League     8th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup Winners
2027/28     Barclays Premier League     9th             Europa League Quarter Finals, F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2028/29     Barclays Premier League     3rd             F.A Cup Final, Carling Cup 4th Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Top 3 finish

*Do well in Champions League

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager 44 reporting for duty. Mission complete

Carshalton Athetic - Season 2019/2020 - Premier League

sponsored by Sports Direct

Final position: 1st

Finances

Facilities

FA Cup: Retained the trophy in style

League Cup - Whoops

Charity Shield - Won

Champions League - Won

Best result: Any of the four out of four we pulled off against Real Madrid

Worst result: The League Cup wasn't our finest hour...

Top goalscorer: Sobrino 51 (36 in the league)

Most assists: Portero 38

Highest Average rating: Sobrino 7.61

Season Review:

The Premier League was a walk in the park, which I didn't expect at all. Man City were on our tails most of the way, but it turned out they had a tough run in and so fell away giving us the title with 3 games left. We managed a record number of points in the end.

The Champions League final was pretty tough going, we were on our last legs in terms of injuries by then, so it was pleasing that Leworthy came up with the goods in what'll certainly be his last game for the club!!

Player of the season:

Sobrino is still sex on legs.

That's me done now. I'll keep this save hanging around in case Sobrino tempts me back, but for the time being I'm a bit bored of Carshalton. Instead, I'm going to Iceland to take on Gundo's challenge, which is pretty much the same as this one, but takes in the small leagues instead. Good luck to everyone with their challenge, I'll still be reading.

Gilbster - Great season staying up.

Sheppardinio - Great first season.

Dan BHTFC - Great season and good luck in Champions League

Brizza - Well Done on completing the challenge. Unsure what I'm going to do got Razer82's and Big Euro Challenges on the go but not feeling them currently and fancy a change from T&M for a bit.

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2019/20 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

The summer saw a flurry of activity, as I tried to plug some of the remaining gaps. My decent left back, Williams, got poached by a league one team, so I was back from the dizzy heights of having one decent full back to none at all. I found a couple of promising England trialists and put them into the team, hoping for the best. But the rest of the team was a different story. I finally changed formation to a 4-1-2-3 which looked very attacking but it was the only formation that really fit my team, as I had no decent wingers.

It was a fantastic success, an almost overnight transformation. OK, not quite overnight as the tactic took some time to bed down, and we got 1 win, 5 draws and 3 defeats from our opening 9 matches. But from then on, we climbed the table fast, and for the second half of the season, thought we were hovering just outside the playoff zone, the games in hand meant that it was within our grasp for a major part of it.

In fact, going into the last four games, we were huge favourites to get into the playoffs, but a GreyedOut team being a GreyedOut team, we choked, and going into the last day we were relying on other results going out way, having lost two of the previous three to Bury and Gateshead. However, results did go our way and 86 minutes into the game against Grimsby, leading 2-1, we were there in the playoffs. But, horror upon horrors, in the 87th minute, Grimsby equalised, and the playoffs were snatched away. A cruel ending to a really good season. If you'd offered me 7th at the start I would have bitten your hand off, but at the end of the season it felt like a disaster!

Cup runs this year might have been a highlight in another season, were it not for the dramatic happenings in the league. In the FA Cup, we were unlucky to draw Barnet in the first round, and did well to take it to a replay but for the second year running we were destroyed within a few minutes of the start of the replay. A creditable effort, however. But in the FA Trophy, things were much better, as we went to Wembley for the first time. We were up against BSP champions Bury. After winning it once on penalties only to suffer a laptop freeze, it was inevitable we'd lose the "replay", right?

WRONG!!!

It felt all the sweeter having had to do it twice, and the second time with ten men! Wierdly, it was a lot easier the second time - the penalties had finished 4-3 after EIGHT penalties each, with only one of the first six having been scored! It was a fantastic end to a good, albeit ultimately frustrating, season.

Key Players

Wilfred Adams* - undoubtedly the main factor behind our rise. Top quality defender.

Chris Bleau - though not this season a prolific scorer, he did a good job for the team.

Abian Serrano - sort of opposite to Bleau, Serrano didn't really have a great season but was the top scorer. His goals came in clumps - he scored three hat-tricks and a brace this season but went missing too often.

Giasoumis Avgousti - the driving force behind the team - he's a midfield general.

Harry Haynes - assessing the squad at the start of the season I couldnt believe my eyes! Having been a bit-part player he really came on, and now looks quality. More goals would be good but he contributes well in other ways, too (63 Key Passes).

Josh Williams - although overshadowed by Adams, he's still a top class defender.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Haynes finds himself on the bench here for the first time, the sole new inductee.

Next season, we need to kick on from the disappointment of this one. This was undoubtably a step forward but the fear is that we could be a flash in the pan.

Targets for 2019/20

No slumps. SUCCESS - although without mini-slumps at the start and end, we would have been promoted automatically, we didnt have a dramatic slump as we have in past seasons.

Within 10 points of the playoffs. SUCCESS - being two points off the playoffs feels gut-wrenching, but it is definitely a big target hit.

Try not to break my laptop when getting angry at my useless players who keep throwing away leads. SUCCESS - I am writing this report despite throwing away such a crucial lead that would have got us a playoff spot in the last game! Not to mention the laptop crashing just as I finished writing this report, obliterating an FA Trophy win.

Targets for 2020/21

Keep the squad together.

Add a sprinkling of star players of L1 standard or so.

Get promoted, pure and simple.

In other news,

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322421&viewfull=1#post7322421]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!
2019/20     Blue Square Premier        7th      73       FA Trophy Winners.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

Gypsum's Worksop town - Premier league - 2019/20

League position: 7th / Position chart

Media prediction: 20th

Transfers

Finances

General squad info

Star players:

1- Bernard Mensah - Came through as a surprise package this season with 12 goals and 12 assists.

2- Darnel Situ - Another solid season from the French defender, although we will probably lose him when his contract expires as wage increase bonuses have made his demands almost impossible to meet.

3- Leonardo Batres - A young Spanish midfielder who was only signed as a squad player, but forced his way into the first team with

and never looked back.

Notable mentions: Top scorer Tetteh Bangura and our most dangerous striker Derek Wright, who was yet again unfortunate with injury in the second half of the season. And goalkeeper Stuart McNeil had another remarkably solid season, although his wage demands may see him leave next year.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Moved into new stadium / Playoff winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7285863&viewfull=1#post7285863"]2016/17[/url]              League 1                             1st                        FA Cup 4th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300327&viewfull=1#post7300327"]2017/18[/url]              Championship                         5th                        Championship playoff semi-finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7311246&viewfull=1#post7311246"]2018/19[/url]              Championship                         1st                        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326521&viewfull=1#post7326521"]2019/20[/url]              Premier league                       7th

#6 Hitchin Season 11 Update Season 2022/23

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Awards

None

Encouraging first season in Premier League. Finished 13th which I am quite happy with. Signed again this year many potentiel good german young players, and used our finances to increase wage budget. Haven't been able to find any really strong players to make a difference, but did buy Pirulito from Arsenal for 7 mill, and hope he can make a difference. Unfortunately, he spend most season being injured.. Found 2 new keepers, and the next season or 2 will hopefully make them, or atleast one of them a solid first choice. Having "low" wages still, the TV revenue really helped our finances alot.

Cup run was actually really encouraging. Despite only getting to 5th round in the FA Cup, we got to semi finals in the League cup. Playing 1-1 at home vs Arsenal, hope was there but really believing in it wasn't, as Arsenal trounced us 5-0 away.

Not many players really made a huge impact over the season - but i did find out, that having a large squad and keeping players motivated is a challenge.

GK:

- Lukas Bungert: New signing previously Hertha BSC - played ok, hopefully will improve. Currently best choice as keeper.

- Alen Murtic: New signing previously HSV - excellent prospect.

DEF:

- Carl Flynn: Had a good season and is playing solid, but age and stats isn't PRM material.

- Abubakar Tagoe: New signing previously FC Bayern. Having high hopes for this one.

MID:

- Marcos Costa: Despite our "poor" league position he was amazing and made 16 assists.

- Busão: New signing from Santos: Amazing prospect and really hope he can make a good impact soon.

ATT:

- Anis Mhadhebi: His 5th season at club. Only striker that is potentially good, this he will make a good impact over the next seasons.

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted
2019/20 L1	3rd rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Q/F S	 6th		None
2020/21	L1	1st rnd		LC Q/F		JPT Q/F S	 1st		Promoted, +4014 seats
2021/22	CH	Semi Final	LC 2nd rnd	N/A		 2nd		Auto Promoted, +7148 seats (12.500 total)
2022/23	PRM	5th rnd		LC S/F		N/A		13th		None

Hi all - started this a couple of days ago but havent post my initial profile yet. Gave up trying to get a sub 1000 rep team and so chose Redditch.

Couple of quick questions from my first few days of playing the game:

1) do your scouts ever give you information on the size of your next oppositions pitch any more? I used to make changes to my starting tactics depending for narrow or short pitches in previous FMs

2) has anyone ever managed to succesfully appeal a work permit decission?

League title in the bag, along with the League Cup, Community Shield and Super Cup. Got the FA Cup final to come, and into the semis of the Champions League. It could happen this year!

Not lost a game all season. 28 wins and 6 draws as it stands in the league. Hope the forum curse doesn't hit.

Hitchin Town – 2014/15 (S3) – BSP

hitchinupdatertable.pnghitchinupdatersquad.pnghitchinupdaterboard.png

(Fixtures - Transfers)

Last year we managed to secure the BSS title and so this was to be our first season in the BSP.

League – It was a bit of a rollercoaster season. We started well enough and with much promise. But as quick as it started it began to go down hill and come February, we found ourselves losing five games on the trot and languishing in 16th. Our poor form was turned around with a win against an on-form Wrexham side and we began to climb and show the form I thought we were capable of. We were chasing the playoffs from afar and with so few games left, it felt like it was going to be too little too late… sadly, it was. It’s gutting to think I was a win away from the playoffs.

FA Trophy – Lost in the 1st round to Burton.

FA Cup – Lost in the 2nd round to Kidderminster after beating Hartlepool in the 1st round. We missed the extra revenue that a longer cup run would have given.

Squad – A very, very solid looking squad who could have achieved a lot more this year gone. Maybe additions of a couple of wide players will help. But I do feel as though this same squad could achieve more next year without many changes .

Transfers – A selection of new defenders and midfielders, later followed by a couple more and a new striker to try and help improve our scoring. It didn’t quite pay off as hoped. A few loans out to keep players from upsetting the squad and from costing us money in releasing them.

Finances – An end of year £70k cash injection didn’t really help the finances.

Objectives – Build upon the success of this year. We had a solid year and with perhaps a few additions and a bit more goal scoring from our more than capable strikers, we can take the title. Play like we did at the end of the season and it will be a walk in the park, Forest Green style.

A solid cup run would be warmly welcomed in terms of finances, but can I really afford it on the legs.

Hiring a couple more staff members is on the card with extra spaces allocated to me by the board. Hopefully the wage budget will allow this.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	    Blue Square South        17th       44       N/A
2013/14	    Blue Square South        1st        88       Promotion
2014/15     Blue Square Premier      9th        78       N/A

BedfordTownFC.jpg

#18 reddevil4ever - npower League One - 8th - Season 2015-16

A cracking first season at this level with us finishing in an impressive 8th position, and one point we could have may the playoffs but for the usual lack of form around January/February. What may also of helped is if we could have kept a clean sheet now and again, the annoying thing was we finally kept 6 clean sheets in last 8 games of the season but this was too late for a push for the playoffs. Table Graph

Nothing to write home about in the cups this year with only winning 1 game in the 3 competitions we entered.

On the squad front 16 youth and rubbish reserve players where let go over the season, the board also sold a player as they said it was an offer they couldn't refuse but it was my 1st choice left back. okay it was for a £1 million so may be able to improve youth and training facilities next season.

We signed 7 players over the summer to bolster the squad depth, the best of these signings must be the Qatar right sided midfielder Yasser Hussian who came on trial with us and agreed a contract as he like what the club's about and are trying to do. Squad Transfers Finances

Best player of the season was again Emmanuel Robinson who played all 51 games this season, scoring 27 goals in the process.

Plans for next season:

1) Improve squad

2) Push for the playoffs

3) Improve training and youth facilities

4) Have a cup run

[size=2][u]Season	Division	    Pos  Pts  FA Cup       Other Cups	                   Europe           Achievements[/u]		

2012-13	Blue Square North   1st  100  3rd Round    FAT 2nd Rd                      N/A
2013-14	Blue Square Premier 2nd   95  2nd Round    FAT 1st Rd                      N/A              Promoted through playoffs
2014-15	npower league 2     6th   76  2nd Round    JPT Final, Carling Cup 2nd Rd   N/A              Promoted through playoffs
2015-16 npower league 1     8th   76  2nd Round    JPT 1st Rd, Carling Cup 1st Rd  N/A[/size]

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '15-'16. Blue Square Premier.

BSP position: 11th League table

FA Cup: 3R

FA Trophy: 2R

Summary: A decent season, we did more than just survive in the BSP, pulling away from the relegation zone in the autumn as the team got used to a higher standard of football and improved accordingly. Chairman Hearn gave us a decent wage budget so we didn't lose too many of last year's promotion-winning squad, and some of the youngsters are starting to step up now. We were safe quite early, and well away from the play-offs, so I blooded a few promising youngsters and they performed pretty well. Went to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, beating L1 Preston before losing to Fulham. Both at home, but both on TV, so we made a bit of money this season and are well in the black. Finances

Transfers: Transfers The usual turnover of youth prospects but a few more quality players as the wage budget increases a little.

Future prospects: Should be a good season next year. We have a good core of players that will still be here next year; those we're losing because of high wage demands have cover even if we can't bring in any reinforcements.

1213 - BSS 5th (lost in play-off final)

1314 - BSS 12th (FAT runners-up)

1415 - BSS 1st (promoted)

1515 - BSP 11th

5100227.png

Tooting & Mitcham

Season 2 - 2013/14 – Blue Square Premier

Prediction - 24th

Actual - 4th

Well, i got so carried away with my save i forgot to post my end of season 2 review, so here it is, but a little shorter than usual

After Promotion to the Blue Square Premier, i felt the squad would certainly hold its own, but needed some improvements and after a bit of wheeling and dealing i was happy that the squad would be capable of a mid table finish and prevent a drop straight back down.

A solid but unspectacular start to the season saw us comfortably in the Play Off Places from early on and we maintained this level throughout the season, a few bad runs saw us drop out but never to far behind on pts, We secured our play off place and met Grimsby in the Semi final a 1-0 home victory, followed by a 1-1 away from home saw us into the final against Luton,We were massive underdogs and went behind in the 1st half. however a good rollicking at half time sent the players out all fired up and within 10 minutes we were 2-1 ahead thanks to a Johan Hammer header and a Jake Nicholson Penalty. Then it was backs to the wall as Luton pressed but we held out for our second succesive promotion, both via the play offs

The Cups were again a none event, no real progress made and would probably only have hindered our push in the league so was not to disappointed

Top Players

Loris Karius - Solid as a rock, if anyone got past the 2 Centre Backs he would bail us out more times than not

Daniel Devine - Solid Centre Back Partner for Hammer, Made us hard to beat and helped us keep over 25 clean sheets

Johan Hammer - One Word, Immense, His motto is "you shall not pass", chipped in with a few goals aswell

Richie Barroilhet - Carried on with his form from last season, was often the difference between a 0-0 and 1-0 win

Next Season

Aim for next season can be summed up in one word - Survive

Career Overview

Season     League               Position     Achievements
2012/13    Blue Square South      2nd        Promoted via Play Offs
2013/14    Blue Square Premier    4th        Promoted via Play Offs

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 9 - 2020/21 – Premier League

Preseason - Media Prediction: 5th

The Invincibles...

Club Information | Squad | Transfers (1) (2) | Finances | Confidence

Key Players

Fabian Breuer | Tobias Vatany | Felix 'Blitzkrieg' Bopp | Wagner 'Der Berliner Mauer' Werner | Erwin Hoeneß

FC United's German Engineering

In October, I decided I wanted to try something. I wanted a team of entirely one nationality... that wasn't English. The thing was, I didn't want to lose Fabian Breuer. So, immediately, I chose German. The cull started. Offers were in for the best German talent I could find, and sold were the players who weren't German. I got some damn good money for some players, such as Victor. I also found a few gems through this, such as a central midfielder from Vauxhall whose name I will not repeat due to stupid characters (See Transfers). By the end of January, the cull was complete. Anyone who wasn't German was out. The very few who weren't, reserved. You'll see in the squad that there's a Bosnian and Serbian in there. They are in fact German, both have second nationalities, but not from playing in that country, so they count.

This system appeared to work. Chemistry, with them all being from one country, was clearly quite high. The goals poured in, the play was amazing for a team of Germans, but the main thing was that we were robust. German engineering at it's finest. FC United, sponsored by BMW.

LeagueCups2.png

Premier League

League Table | Position Graph

We finally did it, and completely unbeaten. We had our own 'Invincibles' season, and beat Arsenal's record in the process. Unbelievable season with some very very good results. Can't say much more than the screenshot doesn't show.

FA Cup

Fixtures | Final

Standard FA Cup run for us, really. The final was a bit tough, but we handled it well. Another cup in the bag, and our unbeaten run in all comps extended.

Champions League

Because of the rather annoying fixture filter bug, I have to put each round separately, rather than all in one.

Group Stage Table | 1st Knockout Round | Quarter Finals | Semi Finals

FC United v Barcelona

This was unbelievable. In the groups, we had fantastic results such as 9-3 against HSV and 8-0 against PSV. In the 1st knockout round we had the 6-1 win against Lyon at home. Then after beating Porto in the quarter finals, that 4-2 win against Real Madrid at home. Then came the big one... Barcelona. Anyone else, I'd have been confident. But since it was Barcelona, I was terrified. And they gave me every right to be, taking it to extra time. But then, Hoeneß and Sampedro saved the day. The fact we had 31 shots against them, and had the majority of possession against Barcelona was fantastic. Fully deserved, and Breuer was fantastic in this game. Breuer got Champions League player of the year. The fact we went unbeaten through all this was also excellent!

UEFA Super Cup

Manchester United v FC United

Oh, this was a brilliant game. Seven! Pure domination. Ben Morrell's sending off helped a bit, and when you read ahead to the Community Shield game, you'll see it was a recurring theme with him. Another cup in the bag!

Community Shield

Manchester United v FC United

The warmup to the Super Cup. A nice 4-2 win, and the start of Morrell's sending off spree. Julian Bedford was an absolute star, but with my plan to go all German, he had to go.

Carling Cup

Fixtures | Final

This is becoming routine now. Good run throughout, but wow did Burnley spring a surprise on me. That game was tough as anything! Fortunately, Hoeneß saved the day and spared us some rather large blushes.

AwardsLogo.png

Fan's Player of the Year

Fabian Breuer

I'll pretty much say everything here... Breuer won everything. Fans player of the year, my player of the year, Top scorer with 27, most appearances, Champions League best player. Premier League footballer of the year, was in Player's Team of the Year. Everything. He was simply outstanding. 27 goals, 29 assists. Unreal.

Top Scorer

Fabian Breuer

See above.

The Millward Player Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Year

Fabian Breuer

See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award

The Surprise of the Season Award

Going unbeaten in all competitions. I wanted it, but didn't expect it to happen.

NextSeason2.png

I've done it. There is no next season... for now. Some day, I'll be back here with FC United. But right now, I'm off to Norway with a little team called Stryn.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       2nd           Promoted - Playoffs
2015/16         League Two                3rd           Promoted - 3rd
2016/17         League One                4th           Promoted - Playoffs
2017/18         Championship              1st           Promoted - Champions, FA Cup Runner-Up
2018/19         Premier League            8th           League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners
2019/20         Premier League            2nd           FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners, Carling Cup Winners, 
                                                       Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners
2020/21         Premier League            1st           Premier League Winners, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, 
                                                       Carling Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners

#86 - Gilbster - League 1 - North Ferriby 2024/25 End of Season Update

Table | Finance | Transfers | Squad | Star Player

Got in a few strengthened signings, including an improved goalie and spend a fair amount of the season, rejecting good money offers for my best players. Although I could do with the money, I'd rather have the players sometimes. I also didnt sell the stirker I was thinking about selling, and eventually renegotiated a better contract. He was my star player of the season, very happy with him this year, and I will try my hardest not to sell him over the summer we will need him.

The season went better than I could have imagined, we were there or there abouts all season, with some impressive runs of form, and a real rivalry going with Peterborough. We made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup wher we were beaten by Championship Charlton (which worries me a bit), but did manage to beat Frome in round 3, in what would have been a biggish money tie for them! We also got to and won the Johnstones Paint Trophy final against Peterborough. League cup was a waste of effort. We secured the promotion with 3 games left and the title with 1 game to spare, so are going up as champions.

Got to really improve the squad for next season, but learnt from lessons last time and wont sign any until after league rest date, or else I have to give out instant pay rises to players iwth promotion clauses. All I want from next season is survival, and some improved finances.

Aims:

Avoid Relegation x a million!!

Strengthen squad somehow

Hope board has sense and ups scouting range since I need a greater variety of sources for players in Championship

Enjoy the season, and survive!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals
2022/23   L2          1st     1st R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2023/24   L1          8th     5th R       JPT2R, LC 1R  
2024/25   L1          1st     4th R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2017/2018 - Coca Cola League One

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 1st

FA Cup: 4th Rnd loss to Leeds(1-4 home)

Carling Cup: 1st Rnd loss to Burnley(0-1 away)

Johnstone's Trophy: South Quarterfinal loss to Torquay(0-2 away)

Best result: 1-0 win home against Leicester(PL) in the FA Cup 3rd round

Worst result: The above-mentioned loss to Torquay(L2)

Top goalscorer: Christian Christensen, 38(33 in League one)

Most assists: Henning Olsen, 14(13 in L1) & Elaninho, 14 (12 in L1)

Highest Average rating: Christian Christensen, 7.41 (7.51 in BSP)

2016-17 Season Review:

Not many additions to an overperforming squad. A couple of danes entered the club and performed well enough to go straight up through League One. I hadn't expected this kind of succes, but the danes really brought a lot to the team. great season.

Player of the season:

Christian Christensen - AM R/S C - Oh my god. Incredible signing this summer. Proving his worth by putting in goals a plenty. Has the ability t ocontinue in the Championship.

Other Key Players

Ian Smyth - D L - Signed last winter. Starting to show his real colours. Will be key the next season.

Henning Olsen - DM/M C - will be hard to keep him here, due to his undeniable ability to play for better clubs.

Maurinho - AM R/S C - Jose Mourinho's brazilian cousin Maurinho was as predicted a key part of the team.

2017-18 Season Preview:

Well, my guys keep performing. We'll be battling relegation and will make another objective if we're performing well during the first half of the season. Besides this, it's important to get some prize money through the cups

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2020/21 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2 | Transfers3

After a really good, although ultimately anti-climactic, season last year, I was keen to build on that. There was no resting on laurels as I searched for the two or three players that could turn my team into automatic promotion material.

It seemed to work and we were top of the league for well over half the season. But my squad was too thin, and suddenly, when all my full backs got poached because they were on non-contracts, and Chris Bleau forced my hand by not agreeing to a new contract thus necessitating his hasty sale for 30k plus a future fee, I had only 17 first-team players left. A couple of injuries at a time, fairly constantly through the rest of the season, meant that my title tilt faded away so badly that the playoff place even looked in doubt. We stumbled over the line eventually, however. But the contrast between the first half of the season and the second half of the season was stark and it worried me.

The playoff semi final first leg was horrific and left me on the brink of another smash-the-laptop end to a season, and the second leg was just pathetic. I cant believe I didnt go up this year, the league was MINE, damnit!!

Cup runs this year saw our first trip to the FA Cup Third Round, but we were unlucky to draw Championship Brighton, who offered neither any chance of progression nor any major windfall. Oh well. We made up for it in the FA Trophy, retaining our title with a penalty victory over Lincoln.

Key Players

Chris Bleau - made a huge contribution before leaving for Bradford. His contract was nearly up so I had to cash in.

Wilfred Adams - not quite as impressive as last year but still a good player.

Harry Haynes* - finding his feet at this level. For him, not getting promoted might turn out to be a good thing.

Abian Serrano - awesome player, and his injury does at least mean I wont be forced to sell him!

Giasoumis Avgousti - assists still very high, he's a very creative player which is odd for a "DM".

Josh Williams - poor season by his standards, but made 24 key tackles, almost three times as many as anyone else!

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - Adams, Paratore and Shyllon inducted, weirdly Williams drops to the bench.

KEY RECORDS BROKEN

Josh Williams broke the club's League Appearance record.

Highest League Position.

Serrano extended his record for the most goals for the club - he now has 83.

Highest transfer fee paid: £14k for James Budd.

Fastest goal - Harry Haynes - 20 seconds in the FA Trophy Semi-Final.

Next season, we simply must get promoted. I need to improve squad depth and try to add a bit more quality to the side, especially as we will miss Serrano for a few months.

Targets for 2020/21

Keep the squad together. FAILURE - the left back situation was annoying, although selling Bleau was necessary.

Add a sprinkling of star players of L1 standard or so. FAILURE - no new players in the key player section which is worrying.

Get promoted, pure and simple. FAILURE but at least we made the playoffs this year. Given our start, though.....

Targets for 2021/22

Promotion.

More quality in the squad.

Improve depth so that injury crises dont hit too hard.

In other news, Wigan sensationally beat Man Utd in the Cup Final, Spurs' draw against Swansea on the last day cost them their first title in ages in a year ending in 1, and they ended up 3rd, in a ridiculously tight finish, with City on 76, United on 75 and Spurs also on 75 but with a goal difference inferior by 5. Spurs also lost the Europa League final. I wont be shedding any tears. Just to top it off, United lost 5-0 to Real Madrid in the UCL.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322421&viewfull=1#post7322421]2018/19[/url]     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7326026&viewfull=1#post7326026]2019/20[/url]     Blue Square Premier        7th      73       FA Trophy Winners.
2020/21     Blue Square Premier        4th      77       Playoff semi-finalists, FA Trophy Winners.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

Grats Swinburn on completion of the challenge and to Gilbster for reaching the Championship. Good luck with avoiding relegation. Grats to the others who have also just achieved promotion!

Hopefully this year coming will be a quick one for me and we can reach League football.

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2018/19 - League Two

brand.gif

Final Table (3rd, automatic promotion)

Crazy season. After going down 1-2 at home to Southend on Boxing Day, I sat 16th in the league after 22 matches. Comfortably away from relegation, but no real threat to the playoffs either.

From that point onwards, I went 17-7-0, scoring 52 goals and conceding only 11 in the final 24 league games, to clinch automatic promotion on the penultimate weekend. Somewhat fittingly, it was achieved with a 1-0 win at Southend - league position graph.

Unfortunately I could only muster a 0-0 at home to Fleetwood on the final day, and a win would have given me the title, but one can't be too greedy. Claiming Manager of the Season for the second season running was a nice way to finish.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost 1-2 at L1 side Peterborough in a 2nd Round replay.

League Cup - Lost 1-3 at L1 side Brighton in the 1st Round.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Lost 1-2 to L1 side Brighton in the 1st Round.

Notable Players

Sam Baxter - Mr Reliable between the sticks, and did not miss a game all season. Most clean sheets in the league and goes into the new season having gone over 650 minutes without conceding.

Lukas Charvat and Mantas Mockus - Two summer signings who defied their tender ages to produce many a mature display. Combined with captain Parmenter to give me three excellent centre-halves to rotate.

Raymond Hanna - Overcame a slow start to make the divisional team of the season, and continued to bomb forward at every opportunity.

Carl Barrett - Once again ran the show from central midfield, and delivered set pieces like a boss.

Karim Annan and Gelu Plesca - Patrolled the wings to great effect. I have particularly high hopes for the little Romanian.

Frode Dyrseth - Sat in the hole and was involved in most attacks. His return from a dislocated shoulder at the end of December coincided with our blinding run of form.

Joakim Skaane - Where to begin? Promoted to club vice-captain, didn't score in his first eight games, then started to get a few here and there, before absolutely exploding in the second half of the season. Won the league golden boot with 30 strikes, and all on a part time training schedule as I have not been able to afford his wage demands to go full time all season long. Will try asking him to reduce his wage demands once he ticks over into the final year of his contract, and if he won't I'll probably have to try and sell, which might be tricky given he's a club favourite and lists me and Canvey Island as his favourites.

Next season...

Survival will be fine, especially with four relegation places, but a successful first campaign in our new stadium would be nice.

----------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2015/16 - 1st Blue Square South (promoted as champions)

2016/17 - 8th Blue Square Premier

2017/18 - 1st Blue Square Premier (promoted as champions)

2018/19 - 3rd League Two (automatic promotion)

Feel like throwing my laptop out my window FFS!

Challenging for playoff spot, finally get in and then have the inexplical run of form that means key players can't pass, shoot or cross, opposing keepers save 3 or 4 clear cut chances, and i hit the bar 10 times in 4 matches. FML

Just finished 3rd in my Champions League group of Real Madrid, Marseille and Leverkusen, Marseille drew their last group game with Real Madrid to pinch 2nd place from us on goal difference, oh well, it's gonna be at least another season before I finish this challenge!

No real new signings for my second year in the BSP with a reduced budget. With mostly the same side playing that ended last season, we are actually doing quite well, as opposed to how I thought we would after our first two games. We could have done this well last year, but form wasnt to be. This year things look different. Hopefully a good cup run will come with it because our finances are becoming ever more shocking. Promotion and a good cup run is all I ask for... not much eh? ha

Grats Swinburn on completion of the challenge...
Congratulations Swinburn, what a monumental season!
Well done Swinburn :) Class season you had there!

Thank you! It was an unbelievable season!

Swinburn, you're just incredible, just incredible.

Aren't I just? Naa, I'm kidding. Cheers man!

I tried, but I couldn't stay away. I'm going for another go.

Say hello to the new Wingate & Finchley manager.

However, this time, I'm not interested in getting to the top as quick as I can. I want a nice long, steady build.

Short Term Aims

1. Strengthen a very small squad.

2. Get some income in. We only have 30k in the bank.

Long Term Aims

1. Try and stay in the black at all times.

2. Never get consecutive promotions. I want time to build.

3. Establish a good youth system as early as possible.

4. Consistently have a good English contingent.

5. Never break the wage budget.

I'll probably have more, but I can't think of any.

Guys, I want some advice. I sold a key player (won't say who and spoil my update) at the start of the season for £110k plus 50% of a future fee. I have just noticed that there is a buyout available for £242k. He's playing for Southampton in the Premiership but hasn't coped well with the jump up by 4 leagues and isn't doing very well. He's still valued at £110k at the moment, and is 24 years old. Should I cash in and get the £242k? I'm not in desperate need of the money, I'm healthily in the black to the tune of about 400k and though that drops steadily through the season, the pre-season friendlies tend to more or less break us even. Thoughts?

Sounds like definitely worth taking the money if he's only worth £110k. If he does end up being sold for £500k it sounds like it'd be a while down the line and you may as well have had the cash now (even if you are in the black).

Makes me think it's worth holding off for now to see if he gets any better. He wont be sold for at least a couple of years, and in another year or so, I'll have a better idea of how much he's likely to go for.

Also, though I was given the option in a monthly finances report, I cant find how to cash the clause in now even if I wanted to!

Also, though I was given the option in a monthly finances report, I cant find how to cash the clause in now even if I wanted to!

If you do end up changing your mind - it's in Transfers, then Clauses. You'll see little toggle boxes next to any clauses which you can cash in. Am at work now, so can't be more specific!

#84 – Hastings United – npower Football League One – 2018/19 - 3rd

I felt my team was strong enough for automatic promotion going into the season, long term injuries to my first choice two strikers de-railed these hopes however. Muhendis Karakas, my Turkish u21 striker signed from Birmingham who I have spent the prior season trying to get off the wage bill came into the team and contributed 13 goals but with a combination of midfielder and wingers playing along side him too many winable games were drawn.

I eventually finished 3rd, 8 points adrift of automatic promotion. Crawley were dispatched in the play-off semi finals 3-0 on aggregate setting up a final at Wembley against Newport County. I fancied my chances in this game but despite taking a first half lead through star Czech midfielder Jan Vecara, Newport pulled back to take a 2-1 lead. This looked to be how it would finish but in the 88th minute Vecara scored again with a cracking long ranger to level matters. Italian midfielder Nicola Mascetti scored in extra time and this proved enough for Hastings take the victory and a place in the championship.

1819leaguetable.th.jpg

1819playofffinal.th.jpg

Vecara is possibly the most promising player in the team, another player released in the summer who I picked up on trial and subsequently signed. The best player in the team though is Chris Jubb who has now been with the club for two seasons.

1819vecara.th.jpg

1819jubb.th.jpg

Hopefully my financial situation in the championship will improved, I have been losing around 1.2 million per season before transfers for the past three seasons. This has meant that I have had to sell my best players to make up the difference each season. If I keep to signing good young players the TV revenue in the championship should make a significant difference. Upgrades to the training facilities are a priority at this stage however which could prove costly but is essential as the development of my younger players is being stunted.

St. Albans – Blue Square South - 2014/15

Aim for this season: Midtable

League Table

Past position

FA Cup- This was bad.

FA Trophy- Like the FA Cup, this wasn't good enough.

Squad – My team is not good enough. Need to strengthen a bit in some places.

Transfers– Couldn't find good enough players to sign. Hope I'll be able to do that for next season.

Finances - My poor performances in the FA Cup and FA Trophy didn't help the finances!!

Key Player Profiles:

Ahmed Abdulla– Topscorer this season with 22 goals in 47 apps.

Mitch Hancox – Played good this year.

La'Vere Corbin-Ong– My best defender. Keeps it organized.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=#232323] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=#232323] 2012/13   BSS                     9th         n/a[/color]
[color=#232323] 2013/14   BSS                     1st         BSS[/color]
[color=#232323] 2014/15   BSP                    10th         n/a[/color]

Next Season

Top 10

Try to improve the finances.

Archived