dafuge's FM12 challenge

Gilbster - Good to see you had a better season than the one before, hopefully you can build on it.

try to sign a foreign scout, i signed a german one. He brought with him some scout reports on german players, one of whom i signed. There is also loads of high quality german/ 2nd Nationality german players that appear on the player search screen, i usually have to wait until nov/dec to trial them and some will sign for reasonable wages. Many are described as 'the next ....' and promising.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooks-logo-small.jpg&w=276&h=135&zc=1&q=100

Season 2015-2016 Review

Jernade+Meade+IBvE6tIAuSQm.jpg

Lewes captain Jernade Meade in action for Arsenal in the 2010/11 season

Media Prediction: 23rd

My Prediction: Playoffs

Final Position: 10th

A disappointing season in the league was softened by a good run in the FA Cup where we were beaten by Nottingham Forest in the dying moments of the third round. A small improvement over our place last season means that with a solid run of form we can be right up in the thick of it for promotion next season, I'll be needing to do a bit of a squad reconstruction though during the off season.

-

FA Cup: A big run this season in the cup, as we were narrowly defeated 2-1 by Nottingham Forest in the Third Round.

FA Trophy: Bath struck back just three days after a 2-1 league defeat to win 1-0 in the Fourth Round.

Managers Player of the Season

Christian Nanetti: Steadfast contributor this season, chipping in with 17 assists in 24 games this season whilst playing on the wings.

Table

Transfers

-

Club Overview

Season Division Position Points Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square South 8th 67 FA Trophy Semi Finalists
2013/14 Blue Square South 3rd 72 Promoted via playoffs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 12th 63
2015/16 Blue Square Premier 10th 69 FA Cup Third Round

Unlucky on the finals defeat, gibster. Hopefully it will be automatic promotion for you next year!

Having beaten Huddersfield in the FA Cup only to go out to Kidderminster the next round, I feel slightly deflated. But on the plus side, it gives us the opportunity to refocus on the league and catch up on the teams above us (We sit 12th). With a game in hand, in some cases two, he have the opportunity to jump up into and around the playoffs. We need to push harder and our strikers need to start scoring. Our defence is strong, but to win games you need to score. 19 games and just 19 goals is not good. The only teams worse are the three at the foot of the table. Goals conceded however is the least in the league at just 14... but like I said, we need to score goals to make that record count for anything. 12th is good, but it could be better if the strikers could learn to score.

"League 1 potential" really isnt showing.

Edit: Just played Dover and beat them 3v0 easy. Big scoring game for us. A midfielder got one and a youth player got the other two after bringing him up to the main squad to replace out 'better' striker. The youth player is rated poorly in comparison, but performed way above what our strikers have been so far this year. Staying in the squad for the time being now.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2027/28

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Not happy with my end of season form, we had a chance for a top 6 finish. In the Europa League nwe made the Quarter Finals but Schalke proved too strong for us but I am more than happy with our performance in the Competition. We went out of the National Competitions early so there's no European Football in Hendon next season!

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2025/26     Barclays Premier League    10th             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup Quarter Finals
2026/27     Barclays Premier League     8th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup Winners
2027/28     Barclays Premier League     9th             Europa League Quarter Finals, F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Top 5 finish

*Qualify for Europe

Season 2015/16 Review - East Thurrock United in the Blue Square Bet Premier

League Table | Past Positions | Cups | Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 | Leg 2 | Final

Promotion! \o/ And especially well-deserved considering the ref almost robbed us! Luckily new Czech striker Jan Tlusty could take one back in time and the margins were on our side in the subsequent penalty shoot-out when Volkers got away with a horribly weak punt down the middle for the final deciding penalty, fortunately seeing the keeper jump right with no chance to turn back. The preceding season was fairly straight-forward, sitting in 2nd for most of it with the occasional chance to catch up with Burton but never quite getting there.

Doing well in the cups as well, reaching the FA Cup 4th Rnd where Premiership side Fulham proved too much for us and grabbing our first piece of real silverware by winning the FA Trophy!

Squad

I really can't complain. We hit a bad spell when both Jakobsen and Tlusty went out with months-long injuries (Jakobsen still being absent with his) which crippled us quite severely in offense, but really, on the whole we're doing fine. I'm mostly nervous about how we'll hold up in League 2 against the pro teams.

Transfers

Backup-keeper Slocombe excepted there isn't a name on this list that wasn't integral this year. Oastler and Grujic formed our new central defence while Chorão, Deisler and Koljander solidified the midfield. It's a strong line-up for this level; we had every reason to do well.

Finances

Looking secure. We make a montly loss but games like the playoff and FA Trophy finals more than make up for it.

Aim for next season: Survive. Most of my players have a couple of years left on their contracts so hopefully I won't run into the same renewal issues as some others have.

Season    League                    Finish   FA Cup          Other Cups                Achievements
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier   2nd      4th Rnd         FA Trophy winners         Playoff winners
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier   2nd      1st Rnd         FA Trophy Final           Playoff finalists
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South     4th      4th Qual. Rnd   FA Trophy 1st Rnd         Promotion via Playoff
2012/13   Blue Square Bet South     9th      4th Qual. Rnd   FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd   -

End of season 2012/13 Review

Media Prediction: 22nd

Final posistion: 3rd

Table

Graph

Well that was a strange season, started off ok, got bad, got worse, formation clicked, flew up the table, had a clusterf**k of injuries then pulled it round to finish 3rd. As you can see from the graph that pretty much sums our season up! We scored over 100 goals in the league which was a bit helpful :D

I didnt do my usual thing of getting rid of everbody and replacing them, I slowly edged out the worse players by bringing in better players over the course the season. As said, we finished 3rd and that meant the Playoffs! In the semi we play Dartford who we drew and got beat by in the league, first was the away leg where we pulled one of our best performances of the season and walloped them 4-0! Which meant all we needed to do was not f**k it up on the home league - we played out a very dull 0-0 draw which I was more then happy with!

In the final we had Chelsmford (we drew and beat in the league) in what was a very scrappy first half neither team took any control and was 0-0 at HT, the pattern of the game continued after the break but a goal mouth scramble lead to Michael Gordon to lash one in and put us 1 up! Even after that neither team could do much and we played out the rest of the game with no scares to give us promotion to the BSP!!!

Top Scorer

Bobby Traynor

My Player Of The Season

Tom Lawrence

Aims for next season

* Replace most of the squad as they're barely good enough for BSS

*stay up

Grats on promotion Scab and Darren and good luck to you Dan on securing an even better finish in the Prem next year.

Im still hoping to score a few more goals, but fitness is down and injuries taking their tol on the main squad is making it somewhat difficult to keep us winning. Luckily the defence is holding up and youth striker Andrews is playing his part at the front to give us a boost. Scored the same amount of goals as our main striker who has started 14 more games.

New Stadium

Looks like it'll be a 6357 all-seater. Dubious about the sensibility in this when we have 4000 (1060 seated) capacity Rookery Hill likely expandable; the new stadium no doubt won't be expandable to a decent Premier League size and we're now stuck with it for a minimum of 20 years due to how the game handles these things. Oh well, who knows, maybe I'll actually be stuck in the lower leagues for that long!

FC United of Manchester

Season One: 2012/13

Blue Square Bet North Recap

Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

What a ridiculous year. Second place for much of the year, only to close the gap on Colwyn Bay when they were leading by 8 points with 10 to go. Only to lose the 3 point advantage I had with 4 remaining, to lose the title by a mere 2 points. If they drew their final game, we would have won the title, thanks to making up a huge amount on goal differential in the final game of the season vs Workington, winning 7-1. Which asks me why can't we play like this on a regular basis?

Playoffs came along, and we were drawn vs Barrow. Us at 99 points, and them at 69, we were obviously the favorites. We won 2-0 away on the first leg because of an early red card on their part, and limped through the second with a 2-3 home loss, in a complacency filled 2nd half. We were very lucky to win, but we also blew about 4 or 5 clear cut chances.

Finals vs AFC Telford. We were underdogs for some reason, but ended up winning easily, 4-1, to get PROMOTION! Exactly the aim for this year, trying to get into the playoffs to hopefully get promoted, and it was a very good season. We deserved second, Colwyn Bay were a better team by far and we got lucky they even dropped points to get us back into the race.

Scored 103 goals which was ridiculous. (111 goals after playoffs were done)

Speaking of Colwyn Bay, we faced off 3 times in the season, twice in league and once in the FA Trophy. We beat them 5-2 at home, but lost both times away 1-3 and 0-1 with the latter being the league result. Their manager Dave Challinor won manager of the year, well deserved.

Player of the year was Aaron Greene, my star left winger/striker.

FA Cup Recap

Fixtures

A good run for the club, making it to the first round proper. On the way there, we beat Woodley Sports 2-1, Ashton Utd 2-1, and Droylsden 2-1. Then, we hit a wall in Port Vale, and worse, it was an away match. VERY SAD. Held on to the 80th min with a 0-0 before they broke it open and won 1-0. So close to getting replay and gates, but you can't get them all sometimes. Glad to have made it to First Round proper.

FA Trophy Recap

Fixtures

A really nice run, but hit the brick wall known as Colwyn Bay again. Especially happy at the 5-1 replay vs Crewe, really pushed us along in the season with the morale boost. Decent amount of money too.

Odds and Ends

Finances

DECIDED IT WAS A GREAT IDEA TO BUILD A NEW STADIUM AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. Which led to everyone saying our finances are insecure, even though we were in the black. Oh well, can't win them all. Finances are great, because I play friendlies all the time to boost income. Especially vs Rangers and Celtic. Awwwwww yeah let the money roll in. New stadium will be done next year. Got a really nice budget for next year (initial budget 6.5k, xfer budget at 85k) because of my control over the wage budget and getting so many games in.

Squad List

Very solid team (I had some loan defenders as well that helped out that you don't see here.) Griffin scored most of those goals from a deep lying forward role, which is really nice. He'll be back next year. Signed Maclaren in the middle of the season....RIGHT BEFORE HE WENT THE THE U-19 CHAMPIONSHIP WITH AUSTRALIA. That was facepalm because I did need him then, but when he came back he was match fit and ready to go. Chambers is a new youth product I put right into the side as he wasn't that much worse than Coburn, and I plan playing him when I can next season, and get him lots of friendly games. He looks to be good for a few years if he gets playing time asap. If I end up in BSP for 2 seasons he'll be key in getting us out the second season. Loris Karius is a brilliant goalkeeper and will be joining me again next season, even though he's L2 caliber. Kavanagh is brilliant at this level and improved over the season, which means he'll be key this year as well. Scored quite a few goals from distance and has good creativity.

Looking to Next Year

I plan on strengthening the team with the extra wages I'll have from dead wood leaving. We will need a left back as that position needs improving desperately. I might raid some of the BSN teams for their players with the large transfer budget I will be getting from having such solid finances, but who will actually come is a good question.

Goals for next year

1. Make a profit to continue improving our wage budget so we don't end up being screwed in higher leagues.

2. Cup Runs

3. Solid season, mid-table hopefully, maybe sneaking into playoffs but not a priority.

4. Bring youth along so we have some good backup players for BSP/L2. They all have potential so if I get 1 or 2 of them to meet it, we'll be in good shape.

BedfordTownFC.jpg

#18 - reddevil4ever - npower league 2 - 6th - Promoted via playoffs - Season 2014-15

An amazing first season in the football league with us never being below 8th in the league, we finally finished 6th on 76 pts and set up a meeting against Crewe in the playoff semi, who we duly beat 3-2 to set a second Wembley date of the season this time to play Wycombe in the playoff final.

Our first visit of the season to Wembley had seen us go there as long price underdogs in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final where we were up against a strong Bournemouth side who thumped us 3-0 on a cold wet and windy April Fools Day in front of around 31,500.

But the second trip to Wembley for the playoff final was on a warm May day in front of a crowd of 51,756. We went into the game again as underdogs as this was our 1st season in the football league and we were up against a well established league side in the shape of Wycombe Wanderers. The game was an cagey even affair in terms of possession but we were 3-0 up inside 35 minutes as we made the most of our opportunities in front of goal, we went in 3-1 up after conceding a silly goal 2 minutes before half time. We came out and play with confidence in the 2nd half and stopped Wycombe from having any really chances to get back into the game, and ran out 3-1 winners in the end, meaning we had achieved 3 back to back promotions for a team when i took over that had about 15 players who would just about make it in a few Sunday league football teams is not bad going.

Due to getting to the JPT Final and also the run in the league with us achieving another promotion our finances are in good shape with our current balance being £676,566 which hopefully means the board may invest in some new training facilities or equipment for next season to help with the step up to league 1 level.

Transfers had to be made due to last season promotion as we needed a few players to bolster the squad for the campaign at this higher level, 8 new players were bought in at start of the season and the to my surprise at the start of January window a loan player suddenly appeared in my squad. Turned out board had agreed deal with Millwall to be our parent club but i had not seen any news item informing me of this. But the player loaned was a good back up striker who went straight on the subs bench as he was better than my original choice. Over the course of the year 15 players left for 1 reason or another (contract expired and wouldn't renew, not up to playing at this level). This helped keep the wage budget in check with us not going over the wage budget once all season.

The 1st team in the end was literally the same squad from the last 2 seasons that had done so well for the club, this was helped by the fact we had turned professional. So i could sign them to Full time contracts which meant they trained more which helped improve their stats and also we had more time to prepare for games so they got use to the main tactic i wanted to employ, as well as having time to prepare a second tactic just incase our first one didn't work. The team is now fluent in 2 tactics so will now start to work on a 3rd choice for next season as that is going to be long tough season.

Our best player of the season and the league's top scorer was once again Emmanuel Robinson who due to now being a full time player and training nearly everyday has once again improved stat wise. Emmanuel was scoring for fun at some points in the season but he did suffer a goal drought that lasted for over 13 hours at one stage, but he came through it and carried on from firing in the goals from all over the place.

[size=2][u]Season	Division	    Pos  Pts  FA Cup       Other Cups	                   Europe           Achievements[/u]		

2012-13	Blue Square North   1st  100  3rd Round    FAT 2nd round                   N/A
2013-14	Blue Square Premier 2nd   95  2nd Round    FAT 1st Round                   N/A              Promoted through playoffs
2014-15	npower league 2     6th   76  2nd Round    JPT Final, Carling Cup 2nd Rd   N/A              Promoted through playoffs[/size]

Plans for next season:

1) Improve squad were needed for the long season ahead.

2) Avoid relegation if possible as i think this could be a step too far being in our 4th new division in as many years.

3) Improve training facilities and equipment as we have a healthy bank balance so will try to push these through as this will help improve the players and help avoid injuries during training as our current training facilities are so old.

How does everyone keep their finances under control? I'm leaking money, £500k losses in 2 years. I play at least 3 big friendlies at the start of the season but I only make about £10-15k from each.

Wage control, big time. Don't take up wage budget when you don't need to, you should consistently be at the bottom of the salary listing for your division. Rely on youngsters, not overpaid big time stars - this is especially key when you turn professional, as your current players will think they deserve big bucks to turn full time. If that means you have to sell them and find a youngster to replace them, than that's works doubly well (transfer fee received, plus lower wage paid out).

I could only find your update from end of first season, where you paid out £250k in wage costs, so £5k a week. That seems high to me, even if you had 16 really good players on the same wage as Roberts it'd only just come to that amount, so presumably there's some rubbish knocking about in the reserves you need to get rid of?

Also, you were unlucky with cup runs, considering you only had £160k of income, even a couple of rounds further in the main cups would add maybe another 25% onto that and make things look a bit rosier.

I guess one way you could look at it is - for the coming season keep your wages to more or less equal to last year's income. So the season where you had £160k of income, that works out to £3k a week wage budget. Obviously when you get further in the cup or have a televised game, then you could flex yourself further to spend that cash.

BSS and BSP are the worst for finances, because of the small crowds and lack of prize money, once you move on up things get a heck of a lot easier.

Love this game at times.

Paul Ince of notts county makes some disparaging remarks about my Bury Town.

We play them the next day and win 3-0.

Paul Ince gets sacked, and I get rumoured to be front runner for the job....hahhaah SCREW YOU INCEY!

#86 - Gilbster - North Ferriby - L2 - 2022/23 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Went trawelling through player searches european rejects, to try and strengthen my squad further and ended up signing quite a few after trialling, including my best signing ever.

The season started off dodgy but steadily improved once I switched onto a tactic that Mikael reccommended to me. Since then our football has been much more free flowing, although how it will work next season is beyond me. We had some fanastic runs of form, and I am delighted to say we are promoted as champions. I believe that I only need to make a few tweaks to the squad to stay up this time (at least I really hope so)

We also had a great run in the Johnstones Paint Trophy, where we beat Northampton 5-1 in the Final at Wembley, which the fans and board were delighted with.

Financially we are awful, but I was trying my hardest to stay close to the wage budget, so it could be a lot worse. I just wish the board would increase our scouting range, would be a lot quicker than trialling loads of players!

Aims

Avoid Relegation - I cannot have arepeat of last time, of rock bottom

Sign a couple of key players and hold onto my best players of this season for at least 1 more, unless big big money offers come in for them

Improve finances by not being relegated and perhaps a cup run

Avoid Relegation

Avoid Relegation

Avoid Relegation

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals
2022/23   L2          1st     1st R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!

#84 – Hastings United – npower League One – 2017/18 - 5th

It was testament to how close League One was in the 17/18 season that with 32 games gone my team was 5 points from the relegation places and playing poorly. A good run of form saw the table climbed and 5th place and a spot in the playoffs taken. I was hoping for a Wembley appearance to bolster flagging finances but it was not to be. A 2-1 home defeat to Crawley and a 1-0 defeat at the Broadfield Stadium ended hopes of making the Championship at the first time of asking.

1718leaguetable.th.jpg

I have based my team around good young players, centre backs Chris Jubb and Jordan Lee are both England youth internationals. I realised at the end of September that u21 players from other european nations would come on trial to me so I brought in all the players on frees from all the u21 teams. 7 or 8 got signed up and I put 7 in as first choices. My line up comprised three Czechs, three Danes, A Slovenian and Four Englishmen.

1718jubb.th.jpg

1718brunclik.th.jpg

Brizza - I am actually midway through my 3rd season, I owe an update which will be going up tonight. My wage budget for all 3 seasons has been £3.6k per week of which I must average around £2.5k-3k on contracted players. The problem is my pay-as-you-play players I think, I have lots of them to pad out my squad which isn't a problem until I play them. I like to rotate quite a bit however to keep everyone fresh and reduce the chance of injury which is obviously costing me quite a bit. As far as cup competitions go, I haven't been unlucky I've been useless. I've had good draws yet failed miserably.

Marine FC – Season 2 (2013/14) Blue Square Bet North

Aims

· Reach the playoffs.

· Reach the FA Cup 1st round.

· Improve finances.

League (Positions Graph)

We were pretty much top of the league from start to finish and always looked liked finishing top. With an original aim of reaching the playoffs we surpassed that comfortably which was very pleasing.

FA Cup

Another season, another poor cup run. We beat non-league New Mills in the 2nd qualifying round but went out in the 3rd qualifying round to non-league Vauxhall.

FA Trophy

Another cup defeat to a non-league side, this time it was Hednesford who beat us in the 1st round after we had won 3-0 away to Blue Square North side Hyde in the 3rd qualifying round.

Players

Adam Forshaw won the Blue Square North Player of the Season as well as the Marine Fans’ Player of the Year awards. A brilliant season for him saw him finish with 10 goals and 12 assists in the league from 33 games (2 as a substitute).

Jordan Palmer-Samuels finished the season as my top scorer with 21 league goals in 37 games and another 2 goals in 4 cup games.

Adam Kenny is a youth prospect who came through the youth system at Marine towards the end of season 1. In his first season he finished with an average rating of 7.00 after 24 appearances. He has also been trained as a natural centre-midfielder through the course of the season.

Finances

A loss of £370,000 over the course of the season is nowhere near good enough, we now owe £550,000.

Other

Manager of the Season.

I am now one of Marine’s favoured personnel.

Our average attendance for the season improved to 475.

Aims for Season 3

· Survive comfortably whilst building a decent squad ready for a playoff push in season 3.

· Reach the FA Cup 3rd round.

· Improve finances.

Season      Division                    Position          Points         Noteworthy Achievements
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7314346&viewfull=1#post7314346"]2012/13[/url]     Blue Square North           10th              63             None
 [url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7322316&viewfull=1#post7322316"]2013/14[/url]     Blue Square North           1st               89             Promotion

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2018/19 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

This season, my team did a pretty poor impersonation of the Worst Team in the Universe for a good portion of the season. Credit where it's due - the performance got better and better after a poor start where they acted more like an average team. But seriously, of the players who were key players last year, none of them seemed any better than club footballers for a good portion of the season - and some never found form. It was very frustrating. I decided to sacrifice technical ability - or any kind of ability at all - in favour of high mental attributes because my teams kept choking. We started well then get worse, both in matches and in the season. It was a risk, but I had to stop this happening. I went out to sign a few players with a total of at least 35 in Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate, without paying much regard to anything else. I came up with Smith, Hunter, Moore, Paratore and Johnson. However, the run kept going, getting worse and worse through the season until relegation was a serious threat. Then suddenly we scraped an ugly last-minute winner at home to MK Dons, and I wondered if things might start picking up, albeit too late for a promotion push. No. Another false dawn. We were to avoid relegation, but only just. Same old, same old. This is getting dull.

Form did pick up at the end of the season to save me from relegation but I fear it is just a flash in the pan - I cant see much changing quickly at Harrow Stadium. I need the board to back me with higher wage budgets - which we could afford - so I can get a few more top quality players who have the mentality to keep going throughout a match and a season.

Cup runs this year were good fun, with almost all of the ties going to replays, including a fantastic draw at the City Ground with Forest, which was about the highlight of the game so far, really! It's a shame because we led for five minutes before they pegged us back, but we did well to shut them out for the whole of the rest of the game - even if the second game was a disappointment.

Key Players

Chris Bleau* - did a good job for me this season (I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist!). Good signing.

Abian Serrano - the guy still cant play as well as his attributes suggest he should.

Josh Williams - really disappointing season but still amongst the key players.

Malcolm Williams - scraping the barrel a bit here...but he's ok/

Robert Paratore - more just one to watch really...signed in March.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - lots of new inductees this year.

Next season, well who knows? Paratore looks a real talent and if I can add one or two more, then we might push for a playoff spot. But with players like Serrano underperforming, it doesnt look good for me.

Targets for 2018/19

FIND SOME FULL BACKS WITH SERIOUS URGENCY. PARTIAL SUCCESS - Williams looks a decent left back, but nothing much on the right still.

Keep up early season form and avoid long barren runs. FAILURE - same old story.

Get at least within 10 points of the playoffs. FAILURE - 20 points off.

Targets for 2019/20

No slumps.

Within 10 points of the playoffs.

Try not to break my laptop when getting angry at my useless players who keep throwing away leads.

In other news, United won the league for the first time since Fergie retired. Their next championship-winning manager? Javier Mascherano. Wolves beat Cardiff in the Cup Final (wierd), whilst the Champions League final saw Man City beat Liverpool on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7313993&viewfull=1#post7313993]2017/18[/url]     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.
2018/19     Blue Square Premier       15th      56       Drew with Forest in FA Cup!

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

BadgeTooting_and_Mitcham_United.png

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - Premier League - 2018/19

Community Shield

League Table

Graph

Player League Stats

A great season taking the title with a draw in the in the 3rd from last game. Same draws as last seasons but alot of losses less. Community Shield win was a good omen and showed sign of what to come from Kelly.

Club Info

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances

Facilities

Finances looking very very good mainly down to prize and t.v money. managed to strength the positions we needed.

1301394k.png

Fixtures

Final

Great run all the way to the final. Was a tough group but we finished top and shock was that AZ and us had a huge gap over the others. Knock-out stages we came through quite easy. Was shocked to see 2 of my key players called up to there international sides and miss the final. The final we deserved to win and put a decent 2 goal lead early on.

1301426o.png

Fixtures

Final

Hard teams but seem to get results easy. Semi vs United was the hardest and took a 120th min goal from Kelly to stop going to pens. Final we smashed 5 past Spurs and could of been easliy more.

1301427.png

Fixtures

Final

Easy run all the way to the final but the final was a tight affair mainly down to us not taking chances and loads off target.

Players

Will put players with 20+ starts and anyone key so only a few missing.

Christian

Leandro

Leandro Almeida

Niane Mbara

Andrés Cháves

Lasse Pedersen

Cheik M'Bengué

Tom Russell

Eric Ali

Carazinho

Gonçalves

Kevin MacDonald

Sergio Apud

Germán Villa

Christian Gataric

Éder

John Kelly

[center]
[b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

|  Season           Team        | League  |  League Finish |               Achievements                            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2012/13    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSS    |       1st      |  BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2013/14    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSP    |       1st      |  BSP Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  | 
|  2014/15    Tooting & Mitcham |  L2     |       1st      |  L2 Champions/JPT Winners/6th  Round of FA Cup        | 
 |  2015/16    Tooting & Mitcham |  L1     |       1st      |  L1 Champions/JPT Winners/5th  Round of FA Cup        |  
|  2016/17    Tooting & Mitcham |  Champ  |       1st      |  Championship Champions/League Cup Winners            | 
|  2017/18    Tooting & Mitcham |  Prem   |       3rd      |  Champions League Qualifiers /F.A Cup Winners         | 
               |  2018/19    Tooting & Mitcham |  Prem   |       1st      |  Champions League Champions /Community Shield Winners/Domestic Treble      
---------------------------------------------Challenge Completed----------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Brizza - I am actually midway through my 3rd season, I owe an update which will be going up tonight. My wage budget for all 3 seasons has been £3.6k per week of which I must average around £2.5k-3k on contracted players. The problem is my pay-as-you-play players I think, I have lots of them to pad out my squad which isn't a problem until I play them. I like to rotate quite a bit however to keep everyone fresh and reduce the chance of injury which is obviously costing me quite a bit. As far as cup competitions go, I haven't been unlucky I've been useless. I've had good draws yet failed miserably.

Ah, gotcha. BSS and BSP are the killers, I can't see that far back now on my game, but I'm sure I hit at least -£500k at some point. Literally the only way out of it is promotion and/or a plum cup draw. I think I made more money than you said off of pre-season friendlies. I played every 2-3 days for the first 3 weeks, then topped off with a couple of easier friendlies against rubbish sides to recover morale. Apart from that, I guess it's a case of hanging in there and hoping...

As an aside - I've found parent clubs much less useful that before. I'm sure in previous incarnations I've been able to get 4-5 players in on loan and fill up my squad like that - meaning only really needing to pay 11-12 proper players, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

Hastings United --- 3rd season (mid-season) update

First season in the BSP is, as expected, running rough. Currently 3 points outside of the relegation zone, sitting 20th. Inconsistency pretty much sums up my results so far---I lose 3-0 to the bottom ranked team at home, then go to 1st placed Crewe and salvage a 1-1 draw. My biggest run of defeats is only 3 (most without a win is 4), but I've yet to put more than two wins (or even wins+draws) together. At this point, the FAT and FAC are both over, so I can concentrate on the league for a while.

During the offseason, I offloaded about 1/3 of my squad that I deemed couldn't play at this level....I've brought 9 replacements in, giving me a squad that I hope will take me through the season to safety. I've got about £800 or so free wage budget, and will likely offload a couple more players at the end of December to free up a little more budget...I've tagged a couple of scout reports to follow up on....a playmaker and another striker that might serve in place of a couple that just aren't cutting it now.

23 down, 23 to go....if my 2nd half plays out the same (I double my points total), I'll end on 50 points, which, historically, have been enough to survive the drop.

But, at the moment, it's too close for comfort. A drop in form at the wrong time might send me spiraling down. It hopefully won't come to that...

Only positive at the moment, finances aren't going to out of control....board has already dumped £180K into the club this season (several small cash injections over the course of the season). With no cup income, it'll be needed, as I'm still £160k in the red.

They never put an offer in for him

Well in other Transfer News i just got an offer for one of my best rated players, and he wanted to leave the club. So i am selling him for 425k (Not bad money for a L1 side) It is more than double my current bank balance :)

ScottishSteven Canvey Island Blue Square Premier 2014/15

League Table

Positions Graph

Squad

Finances

So our first season in the BSP was pretty unspectacular. We never looked like being either promoted or relegated, and drifted into mid-table nothingness for most of the season.

The cups went better this year. FA Cup was a disappointing 1st round loss to to York. However the FA Trophy was much more successful! After some tricky ties (including beating Kettering in the semis on penalties after losing the 2nd leg at home 3-5, after a 2-0 win away in the 1st leg!) we progressed to meet league champions Dagenham and Redbridge in the final at Wembley!

A crowd of over 22,000 came to see us sneak a last minute win, from a guy who took over 18 hours to score his first goal for us, Ahmed Abdulla coming off the bench to score an injury time winner to make it 2-1!

Key players:

Callum McNaughton - Carried on from last season, and was the rock of our defence.

Andy Popovich - Aussie u-21 internation we signed at the start of the season. Looks like he could be a key player for years to come!

Dave Byrne - Irish 21 year old, good target man. Top scorer for the season.

Enric Valles - Spanish left midfielder. Weighed in with a few goals, but not enough assists for my liking.

Massimo Luongo - Former Spurs Italian midfielder - spent 6 months trying to get him before he signed in January. Very disappointing return considering his stats.

We did however get Danny Hall through the youth side this year, who my coaches think could reach championship level ability. He even made a good debut aged just 15 in a fantastic 2-0 away win against Stockport.

Objectives for next season - Hopefully if we get the right players in, we should be able to sneak into the playoffs.

Code:

Season Division Position Points Achievements---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2012/13 Blue Square South 9th 63 N/A2013/14 Blue Square South 3rd 78 Promotion via playoffs2014/15 Blue Square Premier 14th 62 FA Trophy winners!

Oh and just checked my rep. We are now above 4 BSN/BSS teams for rep... for about another week. As they are the 4 teams who just got relegated.

Surely by now we would at least have a higher rep than some BSN or BSS teams, having stayed in the BSP for a season and won the FA trophy? This is really starting to bug me tbh.

Oh and just checked my rep. We are now above 4 BSN/BSS teams for rep... for about another week. As they are the 4 teams who just got relegated.

Surely by now we would at least have a higher rep than some BSN or BSS teams, having stayed in the BSP for a season and won the FA trophy? This is really starting to bug me tbh.

It really annoyed me too, some other people have made the fair point that in terms of transfer negotiations (both buying and people thinking about leaving) the pure team reputation that you see on that screen is only part of the deal, with other modifying factors including your own manager reputation and also the reputation of the competition(s) that you're in. That seemed fair enough for me - certainly seems correct when I look at the sorts of players who would join me, compared to my so-called reputation.

Yeh I've read people saying that too Brizza, but it doesn't hold up for me.

At the moment, I'm currently approaching players who are not interested, who go on to sign for non-league teams (never mind BSS or BSN) just days later. In fact, guys who at the end of last season were interested, but were nowhere near good enough for my side, are now my only options.

Basically it seems I have to play until january with a minimal squad, and hope that the new signings in January are enough to take me up, which is pretty far fetched.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 8 - 2019/20 – Premier League

Preseason - Media Prediction: 10th

All But One...

Club Information | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Confidence

England Offer | New Stadium

Key Players

Fabian Breuer | Alfonso Gonzales Rodriguez-Bobada | Jesse Franks | Peter Frank | Juan Carlos Ursula

LeagueCups.png

Premier League

League Table | Position Graph

A fantastic season, soured by the most gutting end of it. For so long we were challenging United for 1st place. And then came the time to do it. We had a game in hand against Sunderland in the final month of the season, and drew 2-2. This completely killed our hopes of winning the league. If we'd beaten Sunderland rather than drawn, we could have went to Man Utd on the penultimate game of the season and clinched it. Absolutely gutting. On the plus side, we get Champions League, so can't complain too much.

FA Cup

Fixtures | Final

No replays this year, but the cup team were back. Dominating throughout the cup, but the final was nervewracking. We did it though, and that's a second consecutive FA Cup win, and a third consecutive FA Cup final.

Europa League

Because of the rather annoying fixture filter bug, I have to put each round separately, rather than all in one.

Group Stage Table | 1st Knockout Round | 2nd Knockout Round | Quarter Finals | Semi Finals

Final

We seemed a completely different side in the Europa League this year. Yes, we were brilliant last year, but this year we were on another level. Sailed through the groups with ease. Completely destroyed FC Twente 8-1 on aggregate in the 1st Knockout Round. The second round was a bit harder, with Valencia keeping it level at 1-1, and somehow I went through on away goals. In the quarters, we beat Monaco 2-0 on aggregate. Back to normal in the semis, beating Dortmund 5-1 on aggregate. In the final, Feyenoord were our victims, and we won 3-0. Another Europa League in the bag, making that 2 years running.

European Super Cup

Real Madrid v FC United

This was the match that convinced me to buy Ursula. I was shocked to find he was transfer listed after this game! However, the main thing bout this match was that it was an unbelievable game. If I could be arsed to save highlights, I would. In the end, it went to pens and we won 4-3. Not happy about the fact we were 2-0 up and lost that lead, but can't grumble at the win, and finding Ursula through this match was completely worth it.

Community Shield

Manchester United v FC United

Another fantastic match, with us getting the upper hand. Braima played in goal for this game and was unstoppable in the shootout, saving all three pens. Nice to know we're capable of winning shootouts.

Carling Cup

Fixtures | Final

Yet another good cup run here, making it 2 years in a row. Pretty straight forward throughout, with one hiccup at Southampton, in which we won on pens... again. Got a bit nervous about the 2nd leg of United, but we kept the lead. The final against City was something else though, we were fantastic! Pillar decided he was going to become good in this game, since he'd been awful all season, only scoring 8 in all competitions. However, in the season I'm currently playing now, I sold him for 23.5m. Not bad for 8 goals, and I only signed him for less than a million.

AwardsLogo.png

Fan's Player of the Year

Alfonso Gonzales Rodriguez-Bobada

Bobada got Fan's Player of the Year this year, although I'm adamant he shouldn't have got it. I'll explain that later. He did very well though. He scored 23 goals in all competitions, but this is in a team where everybody scores. I mean, Franks got 19 and Frank got 18. That's how many were scored.

Top Scorer

Alfonso Gonzales Rodriguez-Bobada

See above.

The Millward Player Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Year

Fabian Breuer

There's a general rule with this award, which is that no player can win this award in simultaneous seasons. Well, I'm throwing that rule out of the window for this one. Fabian Breuer was incredible. 16 goals in all competitions, proving that everybody scores. 17 assists. With him in the side, we go to another level. He is my German David Silva. Without him, we'd be nothing. Worth 8m as of the end of this season, but in the current one that I'm playing, he's shot up to 22.5m. Not bad for someone who I signed on a free in the Championship eh?

The Jordan Swinburn Award

The Surprise of the Season Award

Winning everything we could except the Premier League. Still bitter about that.

NextSeason2.png

So, we've now won the FA Cup twice, Carling Cup twice, Europa League twice, Super Cup and Community Shield. We came second in the league and have Champions League to look forward to. The aim for next season... everything. I want everything. After coming so close to the title this season, I have to win it next season. And with the way I'm beating teams, the Champions League should be pretty doable.

As of this update, I'm actually in October in my season. I've decided to create a team of one single nationality... but not English. I'm going German. Lots of ins in January, and lots of rather big-money outs. Spoiler alert, I've won the Community Shield and Super Cup again. After the start to the season that we've had, my aim is not only to win everything, but better the Arsenal 'invincibles' season. That means 27 league wins and no losses, domestic cup finals and Champions League semis.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       2nd           Promoted - Playoffs
2015/16         League Two                3rd           Promoted - 3rd
2016/17         League One                4th           Promoted - Playoffs
2017/18         Championship              1st           Promoted - Champions, FA Cup Runner-Up
2018/19         Premier League            8th           League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners
2019/20         Premier League            2nd           FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners, Carling Cup Winners, 
                                                       Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners

Worksop League 2 2017/18

Table

Positions

Felt very confident going into the season but a lack of goals held me back in the early part of the season. Flemming's arrival in nov and then Zima on loan in Jan solved that and i got into the playoffs soon after. A winless March meant i missed out on automatic promotion and had to settle for the playoffs and Crewe.

After winning the first leg 2-0 at home i lost the 2nd leg 2-0. In ET i went down to 10 men with 8 mins remaining before then scoring, only to concede in the 121st min. Luckily i went through on penalties. I lost 3 players to injury between the playoffs and the final including both centre backs. This proved crucial as the team lost 2-1 even though they had more chances and 60% possession.

In the FA cup i beat L1 Exeter 4-1 at home after drawing the first match 2-2. In the 2nd Rd i drew 3-3 away at my parent club L1 Scunthorpe. I won the replay 3-0 and faced Premiership Burnley at home in the 3rd Rd losing 5-1 after chasing the game late on. In the league cup i beat championship Barnsley 3-1 at home before losing 3-0 away to premiership Bolton. In the JPT thrashed scunthorpe 4-0 before losing to L2 Burton 1-0 at home.

Finances stayed even mostly through getting to the playoff final.

Squad

Transfers

This season was mostly about getting rid of some of the players who had helped the club upto to L2 and were now longer up to the standard. Dick (133 apps 13 goals) Bijev (89 apps 30 goals) Nditi (124 apps 7 goals) and Dunn (102 apps 15 goals) were all let go. Tank (187 apps 26 goals) also left in jan going to L1 Reading, he was 3rd choice and out of contract, his performances in L2 had been very disappointing.

Coming in Kucera did well and i have high hopes for Brandt and Yilmaz. Zima came on loan to boost the squad but the best player was Flemming, his pace caused all sorts of problems and with a full season i hope he can prove the difference.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners
2016/17        L2            14th         1st Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - Qtr-f      N/A                    None
2017/18        L2            6th          3rd Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - 2nd Rd     N/A                    Lost in playoff Final

Congrats Welsh Wizard!
Congrats Welsh Wizard on completing the challenge, I think I will take to longest to finish it!
Congrats WW
Congrats WW :)

Thanks

Big congrats goes to WW. Think you have done it in the least possible seasons. Well done, impossible act to beat, but kutgw everyone still trying!

Thanks. It's the quickest I've ever done it.

#86 - Gilbster - 2023/24 North Ferriby End of Season Update - League 1

Table | Positions

All I can say is we are miles stronger than last time we attempted a season in League 1. We stayed up, and if it wasnt for an end of season dramatic slump in form we would have had playoffs or possible automatic promotion. Not too upset that didnt happen, as we definitely aren't good enough to survive a Championship season, so best staying where we are for another year or two, while I sort things out.

It pains me to say thay I may have to let a star striker go, purely because 3 red cards in sucessive games he was not suspended for, isnt really good, he missed at least 10 games i think due to suspension which is pathetic, that and he wants more than triple the salary hes currently on, and I'm not willing to go that high!

We had a great run to the 5th round of the FA Cup, where Crewe unfortunately beat us in the end. We didnt take out any big name scalps but a cup run always is good.

We also had yet another board takeover (2nd so far), and they have said they have no plans for investment so not too impressed.

Aims

New Strikers

Backup on all positions

Improve midfield

Dont slump in end season

Cup run in a competition

At least a top half finish

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals
2022/23   L2          1st     1st R       JPTWin, LC 1R          Champions and Promoted! JPT Winners!
2023/24   L1          8th     5th R       JOT2R, LC 1R  

bI2RI.png

Wingate & Finchley

Season 1 - 2012/13 Blue Square South

Predicted - 22nd | Finished - 16th

Table | Positions | Transfers 1/2 | Squad 1/2 | Finances

I suppose this must be classed as a successful season in the end. Lost my first 6 league games leaving me rock bottom and unable to see a way out straight away. At the end of October I had a record of P12 W2 D0 L10 which had me luckily second bottom due to Bedford's ineptitude. After a few more iffy results I went on a run of only 3 defeats in 19 games which pretty much ensured my safety. Only 3 more wins came from the last 12 games but by that stage we were already OK.

Didn't do anything of note in the cups. Got to the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup and first round proper of the FA Trophy before being knocked out.

Star Man:

Abubakar Sheego, or Sheeeeeeeeeeeeegs to his fans, was excellent. Also my only international player, a Somali international. We may have gone further had he not missed 5 and a half months of the season at various stages due to injury, but 16 goals in 20 games is a fantastic return. Easily top scorer even though he played far fewer games than most.

Aims For Next Season:

Consolidate. Promotion is probably too far away, but a solid season would be fine for me. I also need to trim the squad as I signed alot of dross in desperation in the first few months of the season.

Season		League			Position	FA Cup		Other Cups		Achievements
2012/13		Blue Square South	16th		3rd Qual Rnd	FA Trophy 1st Round	None

Archived