dafuge's FM12 challenge

I'm surprised by this since i'm in the same year in 2016/17, have just finished 14th, having only won the FA trophy up till now. Looked at my rep and i'm the lowest L2 side, there are 16 BSP sides, all bar 3 were ex-league sides like Carlisle, Luton, Tranmere etc. Only 1 BSS side is above me oddly that is Woking.

Edit: at start of 17/18 season there are only 11 BSP sides above me in rep and 1 L2 below me.

Also are there other factors involved in the rep of your club like managers rep and rep or ability of players at the club? Does it change when you buy or sell players?

I notice that when I am doing well in the league I can attract very good players later on in the season. Seems as if your league position is very important. But my reputation has also increased very slowly and not kept up with my progress.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ChippenhamTownBadge.png

#20 - CHIPPENHAM - BLUE SQUARE SOUTH - 2015/2016

Squad - Transfers In - Transfers Out - Final Table - Position History

I decided to be a bit ruthless at the start of pre-season in offering new contracts straight away to the guys that were in their final year of the contract. A few, in particular my key right back Stephen Chiocchi, were quite excessive in their demands and they were shown the exit door to reduce our wage bill. I snapped up a couple of replacements on cheaper wages and moved up 2-3 players from our youth setup to start the season with. Luckily I didn't need to consider selling some of my assets after receiving a surprising £60k bid from Llanelli for Jimmy Ryan, a player who had only managed 3 games for me without looking too impressive in any of them.

The season started off well enough and we were quietly hanging in and around the playoffs going into the New Year. Our traditional second half of the season collapse started later than usual but I managed to avert it after a handful of poor performances with a tactical change that paid off. As the season drew to a close we were just outside the playoffs but we managed to sneak in on the final day of the season thanks to Tonbridge and Chelmsford both losing and so we ended the campaign in 4th place.

The playoffs saw us face Boreham Wood over two legs. We won the first leg 3-2 at home and then dished out a dominating display in the second leg to win 4-1 and book our place in the final where we'd frustratingly face Chelmsford, a team who had done the double over us.

The playoff final nerves weren't helped much by a report pointing out that in our 8 previous matches we'd yet to beat Chelmsford. I'm glad I noticed that report however as it prompted me to try something a little different with our tactics and it paid off as we narrowly won 2-1 to send us up into the Blue Square Premier.

In the FA Cup we had a lucky few draws that saw us reach the 2nd round where a 2-0 defeat away to Crewe ended our run.

In the FA Trophy we had my best run to date in the competition where we reached the Semi Finals, only to lose out to Aldershot 5-4 on aggregate. Aldershot went on to win the Trophy and they had also knocked out a very poor looking Man Utd side in the FA Cup 3rd round to very little media coverage.

In other news I received my third job offer with York trying to lure me away from Hardenhuish Park. I also made my biggest signing to date in January when my Assistant Manager recommended we take a look at Arjan Koliqi. When his report came back saying he had the potential to play in the Premier Division I asked my scout for a second opinion before securing him on a contract until 2018.

I also collected the Manager of the Season award for the second season in a row.

FINAL POSITION - 4TH (PROMOTED VIA THE PLAYOFFS)

HIGH - The playoffs. Great end to a greater season.

LOW - The second half collapse against Aldershot in the 2nd leg of our FA Trophy Semi Final. Gutting.

KEY PLAYERS

Adam Francis - Another goal filled campaign as Adam reached over 125 appearances for us.

Jake Gibson - I'd kept an eye on Jake's development and called him up to the first team this season. A phenomenal debut campaign for him.

Josh Millwood - One player I'm going to be sad if I ever leave behind. First name on the team sheet for me.

Aristote Amisi Kamaneno - Made the most of being my first choice AML in his second season with the club.

Eddie Wilding - Josh's partner in crime in the centre of my defence.

Charlie Taylor - Charlie's starting to get a bit of competition for his spot but he's still another consistent performer.

Dominic King - Signing of the season. He's got great potential and after trying him out in the first team he always played when match fit.

Kurtis March - My captain's starting to get a bit big for his boots. A replacement for him is one of my main aims for this summer.

Aaron Jelley - After being second choice for so long Aaron had a great season as my regular RB.

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

• Avoid relegation

• FA Cup run to help our lack of finances

[u]SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUPS
[/u]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208991&viewfull=1#post7208991"]2012/13[/url] Blue Square South 15th FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7239719&viewfull=1#post7239719"]2013/14[/url] Blue Square South 14th FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7276315&viewfull=1#post7276315"]2014/15[/url] Blue Square South 7th FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
2015/16 Blue Square South 4th FA Cup 2nd Round, FA Trophy Semi Finals

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2016/17 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

Whilst the board takeover and therefore debt clearance was nice*, it was the new stadium that was really significant. The income from friendlies alone was close to treble what it had been, and attendances shot up again in the league, too. Initially, things looked good in the league. We started solidly then improved. However, my laptop crashed at the worst possible time, and I had to repeat a big chunk of the season. Everything went wrong second time around for the month or so that I lost, and eventually it cost me...

*But not as nice as Mansfield's: "According to the non-league paper, Chovanec has promised that he will stop at nothing to ensure Mansfield Town become one of the greatest forces in domestic and continental football"

We took 42 points from the first 66 available. Then we took just 6 of the next 27, leaving us 6 points adrift of the playoff places going into the last 15 games. We needed, I felt, about 35 from the last 45 to cement a playoff place, although I had a feeling that, as York were starting to cut loose and the rest were closer together, 30 points might be enough. However, my recent form meant that even relegation wasn't completely ruled out at this stage! I managed a win against Eastbourne, but my form was not to be turned so quickly. We then picked up just one point from the next six and at this stage had just two wins from EIGHTEEN games!! A team meeting at this stage went really well for once, and I hoped we could salvage some pride. We needed twelve points from the remaining eight games just to match last season's tally, and with 17 points between us and the playoff places that we had hovered around for the first half of the season, I felt this was probably the only goal that was still achievable. I was really fed up with my team, though, and it was hard to motivate myself to manage them. If this wasnt Dafuge's challenge, I would probably have resigned and looked for another club at this point! But my key defender Josh Williams was back, and I knew this was no small help. However, I knew that the problem lay in the fullback area. I had briefly tried changing to a formation that didnt require full-backs, but this hadn't worked (as you can see!). Aaron Egan and Mohamed Sulaiman Shamba were thus given the hairdryer and I hoped for the best.

Typically, with the playoffs essentially out of reach, we battered Grimsby 4-1, and that without the still-not-match-fit Williams. I realised, too, that Paterson had stopped scoring since seemingly agreeing to leave the club at the end of the season (EDT: On 2nd June, it seemed he had agreed to stay, albeit on a higher wage! I might well look to cash in on him now. EDT 2: I have accepted an offer of 36k from Hibs, and he's history). However, despite his below-par performances, we also managed a win at home to Telford as finally the form looked like turning around.

Of course, this wouldnt last, and as soon as I felt the feeling of relief, we lost 2-0 to Mansfield, and the season had totally petered out. 42 points from 22 games became just 63 points from 46. I took just 21 points from a possible 72, ending up a pathetic 19 points behind Forest Green in 5th. Had we taken 40 points from 72, itself a serious dip in form from the start of the season, we would have been in the playoffs. This made me realise that this squad needs a total overhaul and there will be a lot of "stars" leaving this summer. With my stadium raking in massive profits, I should be able to start almost from scratch and build a title-winning squad for the BSP within 2 years, I think. I will aim for promotion next year, but I think two years is more likely.

Oddly, despite getting a point fewer than last year, we finished three places higher. Next season, I want to push further on up. For some reason, my reputation has continued to drop, despite establishing myself in the top half of the BSP and being behind almost all the BSN/S teams!!! Surely it should be growing, even if more slowly than my progress suggests?

Cup runs this year were disappointing for contrasting reasons - the Orient draw was cruel but the 6-1 defeat to Tamworth inexcusable.

Key Players

Josh Williams - the first half of Josh's season was like nothing I've ever seen. At one point after about 15 games or so his AvR was over 7.80 but the second half of the season let him down.

Giasoumis Avgousti* - much more consistent, and the number of assists (21) is dwarfed only by his interception-count (132) and key passes (41).

Joseph Dadoo - eclipsed Paterson this year but requires more consistency. He could score a hat-trick then not score in 6-8 games...

Abian Serrano - Started to impress finally. He should be doing better still, but it's a step in the right direction.

Matthew Paterson - so disappointing by his standards, but still his performances demand inclusion here.

Roman Golobart - still not getting the levels of performance I was hoping from him, but he's improving.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year - Paterson doesnt feature as he left before this date.

The historical best XI - Avgoisti, Golobart, Sanchez and Serrano all inducted this year. Paterson still stands out, and there's a good chance Jamie McCormack might be returning. Would be great to partner him with Williams next season.

Next season, with a whole new team and hopefully an increased wage budget with which to put it together, I'm hoping for a real push for promotion. **EDT** After writing this, my board set my initial budgets. They are significantly LOWER than last year. No idea why!! However, as I knew I couldnt get as much quality in as I would like, I did make a very pushy request for this, which I ultimately got. The sale of Paterson does free up some serious funds, albeit not really enough.

Targets for 2016/17

At least 10 points more than last year. FAILURE - I got a point less.

A decent cup run - either to the final of the FA Trophy or 3rd round of the FA Cup. FAILURE

Plug a few holes, especially those left by a couple of first-team departures that are inevitable such as McCormack and Harris. SUCCESS - but full backs are still a huge problem

....And I'd like to replace a few of these with some players who are better than any we already have. FAILURE - I dont think I made a single signing this year which seriously improved my squad.

Targets for 2017/18

FIND SOME FULL BACKS WITH SERIOUS URGENCY.

Keep up early season form and avoid long barren runs.

Get at least within 10 points of the playoffs.

In other news,

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
2016/17     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

Hitchin Town - DeadPanda

League Table/Positions Graph

Squad

Finances

End Of Season Update 2013/14 | Blue Square South

(The image I used before won't work as it says I have too many pictures in the thread, when it was only three... Anyway the links are there)

A whole new squad was in order after a poor season last year and after the complete rebuild and a whole new tactical system, we were ready to go. The first few games were average at best, but the squad soon began working together as they grew in knowledge of both each other and the new formation. Results began to fly in and we began to steady ourselves and climb the table. A number of draws did hinder us, but it kept our unbeaten run going for some time.

Perhaps our biggest problem, if you can call it that, was a good run in the cup, managing to get ourselves a game at White Hart Lane. We were unable to climb the table with draws coming in as we rested players and fell behind in terms of games played. The second half of the season proved better than the first, the squad working together in complete harmony and without the cups to worry about, the goals began to flow thicker and faster. As we got back on to a level number of games played we saw ourselves in with a real fighting chance for the title. Salisbury put up a good fight whilst we sat in second, but we were soon top of the league for the first time and staying there was exactly what we planned on doing. But the inevitable last minute defeats popped up and Salisbury moved top with one game to go.

Our last match was one filled with nerves and at 1v1, with cards flying from all angles, it appeared we were going to end up with a draw, but a last minute winner from Noble secured us the win. But had we not got a winner, we would still have been promoted after Welling beat Salisbury. Our goal difference would have been enough.

Highs: Going to White Hart Lane, Promotion, End of season stadium expansion plans announecd - £122k for another 500 seats. Not sure how worthwhile this is but fair enough.

Lows: The worst thing that happened was probably our 21 unbeaten run comming to an end when Dartford beat us 1v0 at home with just two games to play after. Another defeat followed to make it 4 defeats in the season with one match left to play - We were now dropped to second by a single point with one match to play. This made for a nervy last match of the year where even if we won, we would have to hope Welling stopped Salisbury from winning. We managed it!

Old 2013/14 Objectives

Rebuild the squad from the ground up to create a playoff challenging squad
:thup:

With the teams contracts running out before the new season, rather than offer new, inflated wages for ultimately poor players, I let them go and created a whole new squad from the ground up. With just bones to work with and an even smaller budget, I had to over stretch it but in the end, I managed to pull in some quality stars. The rebuild worked.

Finish at least in the top half of the table

Finishing 1st was not what I had expected, but we did it and we achieved promotion. A good season.

Sign at least one 'superstar' player

Bunn, our most prolific goalscorer bagged 30 goals and an avg rating of 7.32. He was by far one of the best signings and is of the potential to be a "league one striker in the future". Worthy mentions could go out to the whole first team, but to name just a few is our goalkeeper who conceded very few in the grand scheme of things as well as goalscoring and the constant assister Adam Reed.

New 2014/15 Objectives

Maintain the squad and build upon the success of last year. New signings will be needed to create a mid table side.

As above, avoid relegation and preferably secure a decent mid-table position. Anything more will be a bonus.

Reduce the financial defeceit.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	    Blue Square South        17th       44       N/A
2013/14	    Blue Square South        1st        88       Doubled last years points, Promotion

I took a year off last year as I went straight into a Boreham Wood game.

This is I've taken over as manager of Bury Town as it's local to Ipswich so a few old town players are there.

Apologies for the starting screenshot as I didn't take one at the start but this proves the date I joined and rep.

Start Pic1

Start Pic2

I'll do my season updates shortly.

bury-town-fc-logo.jpg

Bury Town - Blue Square North - 2012/2013

Transfers- Final Table

My first season is always a season of transition. As you can see from my transfers there was a fair turnover in players (including some coming and going in the same season!). With this in mind my objective for the season was to assemble a team together ready for the season after and assess the players I inherited. The first half of the season was very patchy to say the least with good wins one week to being taken apart the net.

Eventually over the winter months, I started to pick up a few young players that were release by the larger clubs. With bringing in these reinforcements my form gradually started to improve and I made a steady rise up the table.

In the closing stages of the season iI had somehow managed to be level on points with the leading clubs who were stuttering. Disaster struck though as a few game before the end of the season my left winger was injured and it led to an inability to score.

With 3 games to go i went from top to 3rd and a win on the final day brought me back to within two points of 1st but it was too late.

Play offs - I had a tense semi-final against Colwyn Bay. The first leg seemed to go well away from home as I had a 2-1 lead going into the home leg. For the home leg it was a close affair. The first half saw me losing my right midfield through injury, going 1-0 up in the 42nd minute and then it being 1-1 in the 45+2 minutes. I tried to encourage my lad at half time but it didn't seem to work as in the 52nd minute Colwyn scored making it 1-2 and 3-3 on aggregate. Then some fortune came my way as the 52nd minute they had a player sent off. Unfortunately i wasn't able to capitalise on this despite trying to push my players forward.

In the end it went to penalties and it was a good start as their main striker blasted over the bar straight away! The next 2 penalties went in making it 1-1 and my main goalscorer was up next. With being half Columbian his latin flair must have taken over as he decided to do a soft chip straight down the middle. The keeper just stood there and collected it!

Each team then scored their next two penalties so it came down to the last penalties. A Colwyn defender came up and hit his shot straight on to the crossbar. This left my player to step up and cooly put it into the corner putting us into the final.

For the Final we was up against Solihull Moors, a team we lost to twice in the league games. Again this was the case as from the start Solihull was dominant and we couldn't find a way through. The game ended up with a 2-0 win to Solihull.

Final Position - 3rd

Cups

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round against non-league Bishop's Storford

FA Trophy - Knocked out against Kettering of the BSP in the 3rd round replay.

KEY PLAYERS

Victor Zapata-Caicedo - 18 goals in 27 appearances in the league plus 5 goals in 4 games in the cup competitions. Also voted fans player of the year and now a club favourite.

Sebastian Lletget - My midfield playmaker, who had 13 assists and 4 goals in 25 games.

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

• Make an assault on the title

• Continue to improve the squad with youth players

[u]SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUPS
[/u]
2012/13 Blue Square North 3rd FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round

ScottishSteven Canvey Island Blue Square South 2013/14

League Table

Positions Graph

Squad

Finances

So as I've mentioned previously in the thread, I wasn't too sure about carrying on this save due to the seeming bug regarding club reputation. The fact that for some reason we had dropped about 40 places despite us now being in the BSS didn't seem to make too sense, but in the end I went ahead with it anyway.

So despite losing several key players from last season, we managed to hang on to Mr Docile Fish who turned out to be a superstar for us. 28 goals and 22 assists were probably one of the key reasons the season went so well.

The cups didn't go so well this year, as right in the middle of our sticky patch we not only lost 1-5 to Dorchester in the FA Trophy 3rd Qual Rd, we also lost 1-7 to Derby in the FA Cup 1st round. :(

We were pretty much in about the top 6 all season, and mostly within the top 3. On the last day of the season, we needed to win and hope Sutton, Lewes and Farnborough lost for us to win the title, but alas it was not to be as Sutton took the top spot.

So on to the playoffs we went, with ties against free scoring Truro ahead of us. A fantastic 2-1 performance away followed by a nervy 0-0 at home meant we were in the final!

So to my surprise Farnborough saw off Lewes (who had been my challenger at the top for most of the season), and we went in to the match feeling confident.

Surprise, surprise, Mr Fish stepped up to the mark twice in the first half, and despite losing Elabdellaoui to a red card with 26 mins left, we hung on to win 2-0 and win promotion to the Blue Square Premier! Woohoo!

Key players:

Tamer Tuna - Top scorer, top assists, and an all round star.

Omar Elabdellaoui - Fantastic signing for us this season, and played a big part in our success

Callum McNaughton - For me, the turning point of the season was getting this guy in. Strengthend our defense no end.

David Goldsmith - Youngster carried on from the tail end of last season, and supported Tuna well, even getting called up for the Welsh U-21 team.

Objectives for next season - Try to strengthen the squad sufficiently to get us in the top 10, and prepare for an assault on the title the following year.

Season Division Position Points Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square South 9th 63 N/A
2013/14 Blue Square South 3rd 78 Promotion via playoffs

bury-town-fc-logo.jpg

Bury Town - Blue Square North - 2013/2014

Squad - Transfers - Final Table - Position History

With a fair amount of my core squad assembled this season was a very much making sure the team blended and produced results to ensure we were around the promotion areas again this season.

From pre-season it all went went with some good results against large opposition and this form continued into the league where we were very difficult to beat throughout the season.

At the halfway stage of the season again bring in released youth players to strengthen I could tell the we were very much in the mix along with AFC Telford who had been relegated the season before and also Histon who were in the top half last season.

From the way the first half of the season was going I knew I had to vary my 4-4-2 tactic and kept switching to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which meant I had the difficult task of dropping Victor (my leading goalscorer) as I needed an all round forward up front. Fortunately Nathaniel Jarvis fitted this and while he was second fiddle to Victor in the 4-4-2, he came into his own as a solo striker.

Towards the end of the season there was a crunch game between Telford and Histon, which Telford won late on 2-3. This pretty much ended Histon's promotion chances as they were 13 points behind me at that stage. Telford were around 10 points and so it was all looking good for me as I on a winning run that stretched over 12 games without dropping a point. Coming into the final 10 games the nerves started getting to my players as we lost 2 and drawn 2 games that we could have done better in.

This allowed Telford to pull within 4 points of us as they were on a very good run themselves. So it came down to the final 3 games. The first game we both won meaning that if I won the next game it would mean I'm champions. It was at home against Chester who had taken points off me before. I adopted my 4-1-2-2-1 formation as they didn't seem to play well against this and it worked. With a comfortable 4-0 win to win the title in style.

Due to my promotion, my stadium isn't up to scratch so there'll be the "Bury Town Stadium" in 2015.

Final Position - 1st Promoted

Cups

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 1st round against League 2 Rotherham

FA Trophy - Knocked out against Gateshead of the BSP in the 1st round. As I was doing well in the league and had a run of midweek games I put my reserves out.

Awards

Manager of the Season - this was quite funny as I never managed to pick up a manager of the month award despite being close on a few occasions.

Key Players

Victor Zapata-Caicedo - 27 goals in 44 appearances

Sebastian Lletget - My main midfield playmaker, who had 17 assists and 10 goals in 47 games.

Nathaniel Jarvis - My support striker for Victor but leads the 4-1-2-2-1 formation

Christopher Chantler - Wide left midfielder who picked up the BSN & Fans player of the year awards and also had 20 assists.

Job Offers

- Towards the end of the season York City came in for me. They were 9th in the BSP at the time and had just been taken over by a Brazilian.

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

• Safety in the BSP

[u]SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUPS [/u]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7307412&viewfull=1#post7307412"]2012/13[/url] Blue Square North 3rd FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 3rd Round
2013/14 Blue Square North 1st FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round

So halfway through my second season with Marine and I'm top of the BSN with 50pts (P20 W16 D2 L2) +27GD, this after an 11th place finish last year and my rep has gone down even further! There are now 62 unplayable teams with bigger reps than me including such giants as Frickley, Bognor Regis Town, Swindon Supermarine, Met Police and Skelmersdale. I reckon I've lost about 500 rep points in 18 months. :mad: WTF is going on? I hope this doesn't wreck my game.

#86 - Gilbster - North Ferriby - L2 - 2018/19 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Finances | Transfers | Squad

What a difference a season, a few signings and some loan players can make. Instead of last day of the season fighting against relegation, this season, we were in or around the playoff spots for most of the season, and the last day left us needing 3 points to guarantee promotion. We only managed a draw but still managed to get the promotion.

Managed to sign a good goalie and a couple of other key improvements, but due to high wage earner clauses in contracts, I ran out of my newly increased wage budget very soon, meaning the rest of the strengthening was done through loan signings, that I feel may come to bite us next season, where the players are really not good enough.

The League and FA Cups were a complete waste of time, however I managed to knockout a couple of League 1 clubs in the Johnsons Paint Trophy, and managed to get into the Paint Trophy North Final, and lost out 3-0 to Mansfield on aggregate, which is a shame, as they are my arch rivals in this save, and have been since the BSN in my first season.

By the end of this season the few remaining players on part time contracts will be leaving the club, leaving me a full and proper full time club, which is exciting. I am just slightly worried that I still have a few players in my squad that I had in the BSN, and going into League 1, I'm unsure if they can make yet another jump.

Aims

Survival!!!!!

Strengthen squad significantly

Improve finances

See if I can persuade board for new parent club as link will be cut to existing club

See if I can persuade board to increase scouting range (not hopefuly, each time i ask, they cant see the point)

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted

Anyone else finding it easier to get job offers in this version? I've just been offered the West Brom job, which means two of the three teams relegated from the Prem have approached me. Much more realistic too, as in real life, if a manager was taking a non-league club into the football league, he'd be sought after. In previous versions you wouldn't stand a chance of even a L1 job at this point.

Anyone else finding it easier to get job offers in this version? I've just been offered the West Brom job, which means two of the three teams relegated from the Prem have approached me. Much more realistic too, as in real life, if a manager was taking a non-league club into the football league, he'd be sought after. In previous versions you wouldn't stand a chance of even a L1 job at this point.

When I was in the Championship I was offered jobs by Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool and I've also been offered England Under 19's

Now I'm in the Prem, I am getting offered jobs (or at least having to distance myself from rumours) at least once a month, normally more. Presumably because I've got a very high reputation and my club have a relatively low reputation.

I'm a legend at FC United now. Second season in the Championship now after 4 straight promotions and I won the League Cup last year. On FM11 I became an AFC Wimbledon legend after my second CL victory.

Only annoying thing is that FC United had a legend already and the hideously named Marginson Arena is my current stadium. Almost want to use an editor to change the name.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2026/27

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

We improved on last season and we managed to get into Europe which I'm happy about but our form dipped around Christmas again. We won the Carling Cup but lost in the 3rd Round of the F.A Cup which I was not happy about.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
2025/26     Barclays Premier League    10th             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup Quarter Finals
2026/27     Barclays Premier League     8th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup Winners

Next Season Targets

*Top 5 finish

*Do well in Europa Cup

BedfordTownFC.jpg

#18 reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet Premier 2nd - Promoted via playoffs - Season 2013-14

A close season to the end with us only losing out on automatic promotion with 5 games to go, but we went on to win the playoffs against Newport County 3-2 in front of nearly 39,000 at Wembley. Table Graph

Due to agreeing to have a reserve and U18 teams entered a total of 20 new players were signed so that we had none of those greyed out players in any of the teams, over the season we also lost 9 players due to them being on non contracts as they wouldn't sign part time contracts. Squad Xfers

Our best player of the season once again Emmanuel Robinson who made 53 appearances, scoring 31 times and assisting in a further 24 goals, with an overall rating of 7.56, he was also voted the leagues player of the year.

Finances are also okay as over this season the stadium has been upgraded to meet league standards ready for us to move back into next season, whilst this was going on we played at Kenilworth Road. Due to promotion again this season the board have agreed to a further seating upgrade to meet league 2 standard so 1 stand will be closed for part of next season.

[u]Season	Division			Pos   Pts     FA Cup          Other Cups	                            Achievements[/u]		

2012-13	Blue Square Bet North	1st   100     3rd Round 	   FAT 2nd round
2013-14	Blue Square Bet Premier	2nd    95     2nd Round      FAT 1st Round                             Promoted after 3-2 playoff final win over Newport County

To do next season:

1) To avoid relegation.

2) To improve squad where needed for this level to ensure number 1 happens.

3) Have a cup run to improve finances.

4) Improve training and youth facilities if finances improve sufficiently.

5) Try to find some young gems for the future.

St. Albans – Blue Square South - 2013/14

Aim for this season: Top10

League Table

Past positions

Got a great start and it kept going until about midseason as you can see.

FA Cup - Did okay. Think it was a good result against Port Vale.

FA Trophy – Didn't concede a goal before the final, but we met a better team.

Squad – Was even more pleased with my defense this year. I think I have to change the tactics before my attackers will begin to score.

Transfers – Got rid of a bit of deadwood and think I signed some better players.

Finances - Ended up with +£200k. This was mainly because of the FA Trophy. Over 38,000 saw us losing the FA Trophy final.

Key Player Profiles:

Jack Lyons– Topscorer this season with only 18 goals in 43 apps.

Courtney Meppen-Walters– Keeps impressing me. He is just good! 26 assists this season.

La'Vere Corbin-Ong – My best defender. Keeps it organized.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   BSS                     9th         n/a
2013/14   BSS                     1st         BSS

Next Season

Mid-table in BSP.

Try to improve the finances.

Try to get a better attack while keeping my good defense.

I've made it my mission to eventually sign Manchester United defender Luuk Koorman, reason being that my best player in my entire FM11 FC United game was an unbelievable striker called Thomas Koorman. In my tiny little mind, I'm imagining they're related, so it's only natural to bring him home.

Participant 54-

Stafford Rangers- End Of Season Review 2015/16

League Status

Media Prediction-20th (yawn)

Finishing Position- 3rd

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at182806.png

Well my team were pure class this season and I finally got rid of that Christmas jitter bug that my team constantly suffered from, no idea how I just played a different regime around Christmas time. Either way, I sit happy enough with my current team, some improvements obviously need to be made but alas! I finished 3rd!

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at182829.png

We always looked in good form for a first time as Stafford manager. I'm proud of my team and have a solid line-up in all areas! Defensively and attacking is where I enjoy most!

Cup Status

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at183030.png

Lost to Wrexham in the my first try at FA Cup high level! Was good game to watch but did show that we have a vast amount to learn before we are ready to take on opponents of that level again! The FA Trophy saw go out to hard working Northwich in a 7 goal thriller 4-3 was the final score there.

Transfers

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at182859.png

8 players in, the least amount of players I have ever brought in, in one season. Star signing Mumin Eren proves to be a solid investment upfront with Swede born Samuel Adjei, Mumin Eren, Turk born englishmen! Currently still undecided on his national status but I doubt he will ever even really need to decide but best bet for him would be to choose Turkey. Much better chance of breaking into anything within the Euro status! What with the tremendous talent coming from the likes of Wellbeck and Theo!

11 players out, a little more than I would of liked but some of players just weren't fitting into my starting line-up numerous times so they found elsewhere to play! but we will bare on without them!

Goal Analysis

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at182928.png

Not really much to say but obviously the mass increase in my goal scoring this season, solely down to the team really! The goals fell to pretty much anyone on the pitch! With skipper Lewis Lacy always up for corners to provide the goals.

Confidence

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at183022.png

Well you can read it yourselves but there it is. I'm untouchable! Meaning it's nice to know that even if I struggle to stay up this season, I will still be in charge at Stafford Rangers! But I am going to push even further for our team and want more success!

Finances

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-14at183100.png

As usual, fairly stable as you can see. I still keep a fine line with my wage budget of 4.1k a week I was spending a meager 3k! However the board has expressed that when the time comes they don't want me to worry about going over if it's for the right player.

Aims

So next season is now on the horizon for me and my aims are set

•Survive the drop

•Find a Parent club for some extra income

•Get further in the cups

Due to some crazy shifts I've barely touched my Kingstonian save, planning on getting lots of game time in the next couple of days :D

Can anyone post a link to kits? seem to have lost mine, dont matter if its last years kits, just cant seem to find any :(

EDIT: never mind - found them!!!

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can find the club rep as a figure - I can only see it as stars in a list with other clubs. Sorry if I am being dense!

The rep listed as numbers comes from the data within the editor - any time someone is discussing their in-game rep it should be in relation to the list with star ratings.

Manager 44 reporting for duty. What a season.

Carshalton Athetic - Season 2018/2019 - Premier League

sponsored by Sports Direct

Final position: 4th

Table

Transfers

FA Cup: Winners

League Cup - Winners

Best result: This in the FA Cup semi final against Man U

Worst result: 3-1 defeat at Everton. Strangely nobody bossed me all season.

Top goalscorer: Victor Manuel Sobrino 49 (30 in the league)

Most assists: 17 Santiago Portero

Highest Average rating: 7.73 Victor Manuel Sobrino

Season Review:

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. We started with a relative pittance of a transfer budget and wage budget. I continued with mine (and everyone else's) policy of buying up cheap youngsters that my scouts said would be strong Premier League players in the future. I decided with my limited budget that I'd spend as much money as I could on my strikers and then fill in the gaps with what I had left. That worked out nicely, with me being top scorers in the league until a late season wobble. Amazingly I spent nearly the whole season in the European places, with my counterattacking game being perfectly suited to the situation where I was underdog every game. This was especially true against the big sides, my results against the big 4 were superb. Our cup exploits were also amazing, although I must confess that apart from the Man U semi-final, I faced some real dross.

Player of the season:

Victor Manuel Sobrino

If I could have sex with a set of computer pixels, I would. He was released by Espanyol having had 5 seasons at the club. Some huge clubs came in for him and I offered every penny I could, bizarrely he agreed. Signed a new improved 5 year deal during the season, he will be the absolute rock of my side for the rest of this challenge. My favourite player for maybe 5 years (since Andrea Langiotti on FM06?). I am actually excited to load up the game each day because of this guy.

Gerardo Marecos

One of our January strengthenings, as our defence was pitifully weak. Will grow with the club and form a corner stone for the foreseeable future.

Junior

One of the other strikers, a bridesmaid to Sobrino, but there's no dishonour in that.

Kenny Werner

Another freebie discard. Solid as anything in front of the back four, but also good enough to help going forward.

Andrey Salov

I only noticed how small he was towards the end of the season, so I have started training him as a right back. Quite superb season though.

Christian Jonczyk

Like Salov, but taller.

Santiago Portero

One of three excellent central midfielders I have, but I am getting bored of screenshots now.

Facilities

We move to our new 15,000 seater stadium in the close season. Our training and youth facilities are being upgraded too, as our off the field performance begins to catch up.

Finances

Incredibly strong, this will be improved further by the Champions League money. Our top earner is on less than £20k per week. We've made £37m this season, with an 8,000 capacity stadium.

Next season

The fun starts. Champions League football! I get to start building a squad too, which I where I really start enjoying FM. We have too many players at the moment, so I will have to try to reign myself in a bit. At the moment I sign anyone my staff think will become a Leading Premier League Player in due course. I'll end up with a big squad if I do that again this season. Lots of players to ditch too.

Bloody Mike Ashley!!!

#86 - North Ferriby League 1 - 2019/20 End of Season update

Table

Disaster. Half my squad didnt renew contracts cos I couldnt afford them, so they walked. Then only players I could get in, before i used up my budger were on high salaries, and other players in my squad had match highest earner clauses, so I couldnt get in enough quality, and the loan players I grabbed were just about league 2 standard not league 1. As a result a disasterous season, which has ended in relegation.

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated

Gypsum's Worksop town - Championship - 2018/19

League position: 1st / Position chart

Transfers - My Chairman continued his selling policy, allowing our star centre-back Lerby to leave for £1.9m, as well as promising Frenchman Robert for £1.3m. Some of the money was spend on Situ (one of my rare signings for a fee) who proved an adequate replacement for Lerby.

Finances - Our usually stable finances have taken a dip due to the large scale expansion of the Worksop stadium to 12,500 seats.But it should be well covered by Premiership TV money.

General squad info

Star players:

1- Darnel Situ - Signed for £250k as a replacement for Lerby, and proved an excellent signing.

2- Derek Wright - The young striker maintained last season's form with 26 goals, despite being hampered by injury late in the season.

3- Zlatko Rozman - Despite wanting to leave for a bigger club at the beginning of the season, the Croatian defender stuck around and was a great asset.

4- Mehdi Lazaar - A signing back in League 2, Belgian striker Lazaar continues to impress at a high level.

5- Stuart McNeil - The young Scottish keeper continues to be a consistent between the sticks, form which has helped him become a national team regular.

Other information: Following our promotion to the Premiership, it was announced we would expand our stadium capacity to 12,500. In the mean-time we will be ground-sharing at Bramall lane with Sheffield United.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Moved into new stadium / Playoff winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7285863&viewfull=1#post7285863"]2016/17[/url]              League 1                             1st                        FA Cup 4th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300327&viewfull=1#post7300327"]2017/18[/url]              Championship                         5th                        Championship playoff semi-finalists
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7311246&viewfull=1#post7311246"]2018/19[/url]              Championship                         1st                        

Nice work Brizza - do you think you will have a shot at the league next season?

I don't see us being good enough to win it - I think we got lucky with teams letting us counterattack them - but we shouldn't be any weaker than last year, so I'd be disappointed not to at least be in the title race. It'll be interesting to see how much better my guys get with another year of football in them! Hope European football doesn't tire us out, we don't have the depth to deal with League, Champs League, FA and League Cups.

Good luck with promotion, once you're out of BSP things get a little easier...

Unlucky Gilbster I assume they haven't given you the boot?

Nice work Brizza - do you think you will have a shot at the league next season?

Meanwhile I am top of the BSP and have an FA Cup 3rd round home tie against Blackpool to look forward too!

I appear to still have a job, have 10k p/w less wage budget this season, and due to not being able to renew contracts as i cant afford to, I was left with 11 players in my squad, 3 of them being goalies. Wish me luck!

I cant seem to set a player as target man? Cant find the option?! Anyone help?

Tactics screen, Team instructions, at the bottom...should have playmaker, target man, and TM supply options

Doing considerably better than what I expected this season. Started by signing a whole new back line even though we did well last year in terms of goals conceded, it still appeared to be the weakest link. I felt tactics played a good role in keeping goals out last year. With the new backline we are like a rock at the back conceding just 8 goals in 15 matches. just about 1 in every 2 games.

A few signings in midfield were in order to bulk it up a little and give more options whilst up front I chose not to improve. I felt it was strong and would only get stronger as the players developed over the year.

The start of the season for the strikers wasnt exactly as planned, though. Four 0v0 draws in our first Six games was slightly concerning... and that was followed by our first defeat and two 2v2 draws. On the plus side we had only lost 1 in 9 games and conceded just 6 goals. We won 4 of our next 6 games, the other two we drew (0v0). So if there is anything to learn its that we can defend and dominate play but find it hard to take our chances, even though the strikers are quality and have scored just 17 (equal to 19th place AFC Telford and worse than 23rd place Barrow. Only four teams have a worse goal tally). Maybe like last season it will take them a little time to start scoring. Either way, I have no intention on finding replacements as they are doing just enough as it is. I'm happy with our 6th place position (6W,8D,1L)

Too easy this game? Won the Euro Cup whilst playing in the Championship with FC United. Seems as when I'm playing against high reputation teams and really don't care if I lose or not my team is unbeatable. Winning 2-0 against Inter with the reserves and then my first team lost 2-0 to Doncaster. Something is wrong...

Just added a couple of records to the record thread.

Lets see if we can get an all dafuge challenge record thread :)

Most Games Won In Row - glennuk - Bury Town - 14 -

Most Games Without Losing - glennuk - Bury Town - 27 -

added mine:thup:

Most Goals In A Game - Welsh Wizard - Marco Kruse - 7 - Proof

Most Goals - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 54 - Proof

Most MotM - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 19 - Proof

Most League Goals - Welsh Wizard - Marco Kruse - 43 - Proof

Most League MotM - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 13 - Proof

Most Games Won In Row - Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham - 19 - Proof

Most Games Without Losing Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham -36 - Proof

Fastest Climb from Blue Square N/S to Premier League - Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham - 5 seasons - Proof

Archived