dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want to manage Met Police but if i cant get them i will manage Lewes because there stadium is called "The Dripping Pan" :lol:

Met Police might be a little easier this year considering their pretty decent season last year.

I think I'll be going for Blyth. Closest team to Ponteland and I've wanted a game with them for ages. Failing that, I'll do the usual FC United.

Division English Premier Division (9th season)

Season 2032/2033

Finish 1st

Season 21 complete.

Won the league. Won the FA Cup.

Lost Champions League Final again for the fourth time, and the third time in a row. We choked yet again, the team simply didn't turn up. We took the lead in the 5th and it looked like we might finally crack it, then the team forgot how to play. Real Madrid equalised with a 25 yarder, then scored a minute later when we lost possession directly from the kick-off. 82nd minute corner goal ended our chances. 7 shots, only 1 on target.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2014/15   BSS     2nd      Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2016/17   BSS     4th      Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP     3rd      Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP     1st      Won League Title
2019/20   L2      1st       Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21   L1      11th     JPT Winner  
2021/22   L1      1st       League Cup Runner Up, Won League Title
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2023/24   CHP     2nd       Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2025/26   EPL     8th        FA Cup Runner Up
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2028/29   EPL     3rd      Champions League Runner Up. FA Cup Semi-Final.
2029/30   EPL     4th
2030/31   EPL     4th      FA Cup Winner, League Cup Winner, CL Runner Up
2031/32   EPL     1st      League Winner, League Cup Winner, CL Runner Up.
2032/33   EPL     1st      League Winner, FA Cup Winner, CL Runner Up.

Division English Premier Division (10th season)

Season 2033/2034

Finish 3rd

http://i49.tinypic.com/wsgnn.jpg

Challenge Complete!

Squad:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ahsbix.jpg

We finally did it! After 5 attempts, with the last two being against Real Madrid, we finally overcame the Spanish giants to life the Champions League trophy. We comprehensively outplayed them despite having our best player, the Canadian Ronaldo, John Hattrell out through a 1 game yellow card suspension. Even missing the penalty, we still went out to a 2-0 half-time lead. Even with Madrid pulling one back that made for some nervous moments, the 88th minute sucker punch secured the trophy as Madrid poured forward for a corner, leaving their backline wide open for our striker to draw the keeper and cut it back to our AML who calmly passed it into the net from 20 yards.

Our league season started poorly, but we stablised to push back into the CL qualification zone. We were always a game behind the leaders City and United and a 4-0 shellacking by United in the latter rounds killed any chance of winning our third EPL title.

The League Cup came and went as a developmental side fell 1-0 to Tottenham.

Our FA Cup run was much better. Burnley, Swansea (after a replay), Manchester United, Cardiff fell before us until we lost in a dire 1-0 semi-final against Manchester City.

And finally our triumphant CL Run. We drew Rudar, CSKA Moscow and Inter in the group stage. We didn't lose a single match. This pitted us against Juventus who were easily beaten 4-1 on aggregate. AC Milan were next and after we won the first leg 5-2 we had a comfortable time in the second leg, progressing 6-3 on aggregate despite losing the match 2-1. Chelsea were our semi-final opponent and they handed us a 2-1 defeat in our away leg, we scored first but they came back hard and were all over us. We were much better in the 2nd leg and won 4-1 for a 5-3 aggregate win. Then the CL Final as written at the start.

Our transfer activity consisted of clearing out a lot of deadwood reserves and youth players who weren't going to make it to bring in about 20 million. I brought in a young LB from Barca for £400k, a decent looking GK on a free who might develop into a top premier league level keeper. Our biggest moves were a £1.7 capture of 3 star ability Cameroonian striker who was playing in Saudi Arabia of all places. He shocked even me, scoring 24 goals and a ream of assists. He also put away 11 goals for his national team in only 6 games. He's now worth £10 million. The other major signing was a 24 year old Brazilian AMC/ML who I wanted to provide another attacking option in midfield. He got stroppy with his lack of game time (although he played 8 games after coming in January despite being cuptied in the CL) and I have no idea what is going to happen with him.

For the first time in an FM game I've actually got decent results from our youth intake. We drew in a 3.5 star potential MC/AMC, and two 4 star potential players at M/AMR and ST. With them coming in to boost our already ridiculous attacking stock I can concentrate on improving our defence. There is a 25 year old 4 star keeper who is expensive but who will massively improve the defence. There might also be a shot at a 4 star CB.

As a result of the reputation bump, we are finally considered to have a worldwide reputation. This gave the option to ask the board for a youth recruitment upgrade and they accepted after I whined about how much the club has improved under me. We now have fully upgraded state of the art Training, Youth, Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment facilities although I suspect I'll end up having to upgrade one or two of these next season to keep up with trends.

With the challenge complete, I am going to load in some of the top Euro Leagues and drop out the lower English ones, and I'll look for an international job. I don't know how long I'll keep going with this save though.

We still have 7 or 8 years before we'd get a new stadium, that would be a nice thing to aim for.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2019/20   L2      1st      Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round
2021/22   L1      1st      League Cup Runner Up, Won League Title
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2023/24   CHP     2nd      Promoted via League Position
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2025/26   EPL     8th      FA Cup Runner Up
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2033/34   EPL     3rd      Challenge Complete, CL Winner.

Division English Premier Division (11th season)

Season 2034/2035

Finish 3rd

A good season, a lot of cup success and integrated new players well.

Squad:

We opened the season with the European Super Cup, playing Tottenham. Scored first but Tottenham came back, equalising just before half-time then scoring a 83rd minute winner.

We started very well in the league but some inconsistency and odd losses to inferior teams meant we could only push up to a high of 3rd as the season ended. The final day was a shootout between City, United, ourselves and Arsenal. In the end all four teams beat their opponents so City won the title over United on their massive goal difference on 79 points, and we finished 3rd coming a point behind the top two. Arsenal fell to 4th due to their very bad goad difference, also on 78 points.

The League Cup was a smashing success, we defeated Huddersfield 5-2, United 2-1, Tottenham 4-2, Bradford 4-0 on Aggregate and had a very nerve wracking final win over Coventry. We were a goal down after 15 minutes and despite battering their goal could only pull an equaliser in the 56th minute. In extra time our quality finally came to the fore and we ran out 4-1 winners.

The FA Cup was equally successful, Eastleigh, Brighton, Cardiff, Fulham, Derby and Championship team Sheffield United all falling beneath us.

The Club World Championship was a breeze. 7-1 over some random Moroccan host club, then 5-1 over Santos in the final.

The Champions League run was another sweet one. We drew Zenit, Shakhtar and Maccabi Haifi and won our opening 4 games to qualify with 2 in hand, but lost against Maccabi when I rested players. We beat Zenit in the final match to qualify first. Valencia were defeated 5-2, then we put 8 past United in the first leg of the quarter final, drew 1-1 to see them off then had to play Barca in the semi.

We took a perhaps undeserved 2-1 home win into the 2nd leg. And were soundly outplayed for nearly the entire match. But our defence held. 80 minutes in we were given a penalty from a corner and Hattrell slammed it home. We completed the win 3 minutes later when Marco Fernandez scored a long range bomb to seal a 4-1 aggregate win. We faced Atletico in the final and it was a quite simple win for u, we scored after 21 minutes, never looked like conceding to their odd 4-2-2-2 narrow formation and put two more past them in the 2nd half.

With the challenge complete and the club fully upgraded facility wise I decided to splash some cash. I finally purchased the 25 year old Argentine world class goalkeeper I had been chasing for several years. £30 million over 4 years and another 20 million will be going out next season due to some clauses I used to keep the upfront cost down. I added an extremely good 23 year old French centre-back for £30 million over 4 years from Liverpool, as well as a 26 year old Spanish world class right back from Real Madrid for £42.5 million. I also spent a couple million on a 15 year old French keeper with world class potential.

I sold a raft of players, 5th choice striker to Chelsea for £5 million. 2nd choice GK for £5 million to Huddersfield. Young but not quite good enough Cypriot striker to Arsenal for £3.8 million. Eric Sidibe who had been a first choice AMRL but who was starting to fade being 28 years old, was up for renewal, wanted £15 million a season, arranged to sell him the day before transfer window opened in January for £10.75 million. Last major outgoing was John Giomarelli, one of our central midfielders who despite performing well was losing his place and was wasting away on the bench, I sold him for £12 million. Perhaps I could have held on to him, but I'd prefer the money.

Our youth recruitment had only a handful of good players, but one was a 3.5 star potential (in a squad full of world class players this is very very good) AMRL who was slotted into the first team and played quite a few matches.

Our finances are at negative £600,000 after all income. It will be interesting to see how things play-out. The chairman might have to step in next season.

I took on the Australian Under 23 job, we play Olympic Qualifiers slightly into the start of next season. We play Cambodia first. I don't know what happens after.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2034/35   EPL     3rd      CL Winner. FA Cup Winner. LC Winner. CWC Winner.

• 2 months later...

Division English Premier Division (12th season)

Season 2035/2036

Finish 1st

We lost the first competitive match of the season. And the last.

In between we won all but a handful of matches, and most importantly, kicked Manchester City up and down the length and breadth of the country.

Squad:

http://i47.tinypic.com/25am6a1.jpg

We opened the season with the Community Shield. A scrappy game ensued, losing 1-0 to City who scored in the 29th minute and kept their lead.

Paris Saint-German never troubled us in the European Super Cup, 2-0 win. Easy.

Club World Championship was slightly nervy, we played Al-Qadisiyah in the semi-final, opened the scoring after 5 minutes through Howson, but needed the 88th minute goal from Silva to secure the 2-0 win. The final was comparitively easier, despite concending to America (MEX) after 18 minutes. Maccoppi equalised moments later, Fernandez hit a penalty, another later on for a brace as did Hattrell to finish the game 5-1 winners. Howson got a straight red after 54 minutes but we were cruising at 3-1 and it didn't make any difference.

We retained the League Cup, beating Newcastle, Manchester City, Hull (9-1!). We stumbled in the first leg of the semi-final with a 2-1 loss at home against United, but won 3-2 after extra time at Old Trafford despite going a man down on 73 minutes to setup a final against Everton. A comfortable 3-1 victory (with their goal being an own goal), a hattrick from Cameroonian forard Oloufemi Odou winning the game.

We retained the FA Cup as well, breezing through Leeds, Wolves, Bristol City, Ipswich before beating Manchester City in the semi 2-1 then Chelsea 2-1 with a 83rd minute strike from Juan Pedro Saavedra.

The league began with a stunning 10 game unbeaten run, with only 1 draw, before we lost 2-0 to Blackburn, then put on another big run, this time 14 games unbeaten. Our form dipped pretty hard in the last third of the season, recording two losses and three draws meaning we didn't break 100 points, only 92, but we finished a comfortable 7 points ahead of Arsenal, securing the title with a handful of games to play, losing our 3rd last game with a youth based team.

Our CL run started badly with a 1-1 draw against Panathinaikos, but other 5 matches went out way (Torino and Sporting Portugal making an easy group). AC Milan were brushed aside 3-0 away and the 0-0 at home was simple, Ajax had a mighty scare in the first leg, dominating us totally and leaving their home with a 2-0 lead. Howson got us off to a good start in the 4th minute of our home leg, followed by 80 minutes of battery when Tunnicliffe finally turned up to get us level. We had knocked their stuffing out, three goals in extra time for a 5-2 aggregate win.

The eternal enemy City stood in our path in the semi. We got outplayed and beaten 1-0 away. We drew level after 9 minutes at home, City took the lead again after 18. Tuncliffe on 21 and Hattrell on 50 put us 3-2 in front, our position was badly hurt by Tunnicliffe being given a straight red on 60 minutes but we held out.

Our eternal European rivals Real Madrid were our opponents in the final. In what I can only describe as a 'moral victory' we went behind twice, were outplayed like never before, came back with goals in the 75th and 84th minutes to take the game to injury time. Unfortunately during that injury time period Marco Fernandez was hacked off the pitch by those Real Madrid ********, leaving us down to 10 men. The killer blow came in the 106th minute and we didn't have it in us to equalise for a 3rd time. That's the 5th Champions League loss & our 3rd to Real Madrid in the final.

http://i50.tinypic.com/v3gfio.jpg

There is one big piece of player news. Our Captain and Club Legend John Hattrell is leaving on a free transfer. He's 34 years old, his stats are still great, but his performance in the first half of the year was poor. A lot of red cards, injuries and bad performances. I let his contract lapse with the idea I'd make a decision later in the year. One bad team-talk later and he gets stropped and declares he's leaving on a free. His stats are starting to degrade and I expect they'll be very poor when next season comes around. Joined the club on a free in our last year in the championship. 13 years of service.

* Club captain since the year after he joined.

* Is Legend level favoured personnel.

* 3 time Golden Ball winner (and 2 time runner up).

* 4 time English Football of the Year (2 time runner up).

* 2 time Players' Player of the Year.

* 2 time Player's Young Player of the Year.

* 8 time Player's Team of the Year 11 (2 time subs bench).

* 11 time assist leader at the club.

* 8 time highest average rating at the club.

* 3 time leading assists Champions League.

* 2 time Champions League Best Player.

* 5 time Champions League Dream Team

* 7 time most man of the match in a season.

* 412 league appearances, all time leader for the club.

* 583 total appearances in all competitions.

* 167 league goals for the club.

* 8 time fans player of the year.

His departure leaves a hole in my depth. He could play up front, on either wing or in the hole behind the striker. I have players in those positions but he was always a man for the job. His leaving will save me £7.5 million a year which will come in handy.

On the transfer front I brought in a good quality Spanish DR on a free transfer. Who promptly got mad at his lack of first team action, put in a transfer request and will leave for Juventus in the new season transfer window for £12.25 million over 4 years. His wages were £2.9, he didn't have any app fees so I'll have made about £9 million off him in one year. He didn't perform well either so great transfer for me. Sold our 28 year old 3rd choice DL/DM/MC to Chelsea for £8.5m in the January transfer window. So far the only incoming I have is a 15 year old Dutch striker for £1.3m compensation. 3.5 star potential. Could be a good buy, has good place, finishing, off the ball, decisions and composure for a 15 year old.

Our finances are at £37.1 million after all income including the sponsorships for this upcoming season.

I ditched the Australian U23 squad for the Argentina National Team, clearing out the old guys and preparing for a full world cup cycle. Afte rsome middling early friendly results (lost to Turkey, beat Ivory Coast 1-0, drew USA 2-2), we sit in 1st place in the WCQ's proper having beaten Peru, Chile, Ecuador and drawing 3-3 with Colombia.

I've taken control of the Argentina U23 squad for the Olympics. Maybe I can bring some silverware in. Or Goldware. :D

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2035/36   EPL     1st      League Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner. CWC Winner. Euro Super Cup Winner. CL Runner-Up.

Division English Premier Division (13th season)

Season 2036/2037

Finish 1st

We captured a domestic treble this season but fell yet again to those pricks from Madrid. :nono:

Unlike many seasons we tore up our pre-season friendlies, not losing a single one.

We opened up the season with a 2-0 Community Shield triumph over Arsenal.

We retained the League Cup for the 3rd year in a row. We played Huddersfield and beat them 4-0, United on penalties after a 1-1 draw, Chelsea 3-0, Tamworth (mid-table League 2) 8-0 on Aggregate in the semi and then Colchester (4th in League 1) 4-0 in the final.

We retained the FA Cup as well for the 3rd time, going through Portsmouth, Manchester City, Tamworth, Bristol City, Blackburn and a 4-0 win over Huddersfield in the final.

Champions League was very disappointing at the manner of our exit. Having gone through the group stage with Anderlecht, Juvenntus and Braga and winning 5 and drawing 1, we beat Lyon 4-2 in the 1st KO round, then took a 1-0 home win in the first leg over to Spain for the 2nd leg. The game froze then skipped on me, forgoing my team-talk, sending out the team unmotivated. We conceded 2 goals to 0 in the first half, before I could get my team motivated again. They scored a 3rd goal to take a 3-1 aggregate lead, so I went all out, and within minutes we were ahead on the away goals rule at 3-3 with 8 minutes to play. We held on until the 93rd minute when a stupid foul gave them a free kick 30 yards out, on the corner of the penalty box. And of course they smashed it home to win 4-3. :nono: 28 games won, 7 drawn, 2 losses, 80 goals for, 24 against. 91 points.

There's one game left but it's against QPR who are 17th, and Liverpool are 18th. I am sending out a youth team to lose. It will then be up to Huddersfield to take a point from Manchester City. Or for Liverpool to just straight up lose or draw. Come match day, we lost 2-0, Huddersfield won and Liverpool drew so Liverpool are doooooooooooown.

I've re-signed a handful of players who were up for contract renewal and have about 20 staff who are the same.

Transfer wise I sent out a lot of loans to get some young players game time. I brought in 6 players, mostly young, but did spent 24 million on a new AMR/ST and 13.7m on a ball playing central defender. I sold one of my central defenders in the january window as he sucked, and have the current 3rd choice player leaving next season.

Financially I decided on an experimental attempt to get the Chairman to pay for everything. I front loaded our acquisitions, paying them upfront using the transfer budget or very short term monthly payments (12 or 6 months), while the players I sold were 2 or 4 year monthly instalments. We currently sit at 66 million in the red, which I'm hoping will force the Chairman to inject a sizeable figure into our balance, thus giving me the cash back for the players I bought but also allowing me to keep the majority of the transfer fees for players sold as they will be coming in the next few years. The best way will be if he injects the cash before we get our CL or EPL final placing cash. That'd be super. I'll wait and see though.

Argentina U23 won the Olympic games under my control, and the main team sit in 1st place in the qualifiers, on 29 points after 13 games, 6 ahead of Chile. We should qualify quite easily.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2035/36   EPL     1st      League Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner. CWC Winner. Euro Super Cup Winner. CL Runner-Up.
2036/37   EPL     1st      League Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner.

Division English Premier Division (14th season)

Season 2036/2037

Finish 3rd

For my expectations, this was an abysmal season that was only rescued by the sole fact taht we beat Newcastle 4-0 in the last game of the season to ensure we didn't have to risk the Champions League qualification.

We were repeatedly destroyed by injuries, the midfield suffered in particular, we had both my first choice AMC's out for long periods, caused mostly by a terrible sequences of events for our 2nd choice AMC, who had his leg broken in the first match in pre-season, came back, signed a new contract, and broke his leg 3 days later. Instead of being in the prime of his career at 28 years old, he's lost an entire star value of CA and has been transfer listed.

We won the Community Shield on penalties after a 0-0 draw in regulation time.

The League Cup was a horrible draw for us, first Manchester United who we beat 3-2, then Chelsea who creamed us 3-0.

We made a long run in the FA Cup, beating Harrow, Sunderland, Newcastle and Wycombe without conceding, only to fall to 1st placed in the Championship side Cardiff, 2-2 after extra time then missing 3 out of 4 penalties to lose 1-3 in the shootout. 25 shots to 9, 5 clear cut chances to 0. Summed our season up really.

In the league we never got a really clear run of form, we'd draw or lose random games, there was a mid-season slump of 4 games in 5 that we drew or lost, and our back 3rd was abysmal, last 9 games were 4 losses, 2 draws and 3 wins, none of which were back to back. That final game against Newcastle we had to win and even then we needed our GD to rise back to 3rd on the final day.

The transfer market was quite kind to us, I accidentally said to one of my key central midfielders that "I'll find him a new club" when he told me he wanted a new challenge, Barca offered £40 million so I took it. I sold our 3rd choice CB for £15 million, our **** 4th choice fullback for £4.6, a crap young ST for £5.75 and a crap DM for £3.3m.

I brought in a replacement DRL for £3.4 who has performed admirably, 3.5CA from Karpaty because of his nice cheap release clause. The reinforcement in central midfield of our 18 year old brazilian 2CA 4PA was very welcome, £10.25m, and of course he tore his calf muscle in his 10th game and missed the end of the season.

I have arranged three incoming free transfers. A replacement AMC from Real Madrid, a DR who will allow our utility DM/CM/DRL to stay as utility midfield, and another keeper which will mean I'll likely try to sell one of our existing three keepers. I'm chasing a good CB on a free transfer from Brazil, but Man City want him as well, hopefully I can get to him before they do.

I'm going to re-do my tactics again as well. I also need to sign a new Assistant, as my current assistant is retiring.

I've sorted out my scouting network once again, focusing on key areas that actually produce players instead of regions that produce nothing at all, and decided to cut down to 13 or so scouts by natural attrition, although contracts expire in 3 years so it'll take time. Also doing the same to the physios (going to 4), and the training is being looked at to ensure that's as good as it can be. Still some oddities, like trying to get a regular coach who trains my keepers to re-sign as a keeping coach, won't sign on as a keeping coach, for giggles I offered him a £535,000 raise, but he still refuses. Congratulations, your desire for a title has cost you oh, 2 million pounds over the next 4 years. I bet your wife would love that. :nono:

Finances are at £21 million, which is £7 million less than last season where I got the Chairman to throw his own money in. The only difference is this year that extra cash to keep us in the black came from selling players. So if you've got a rich chairman, it's definitely preferable to let him take care of things, front load transfers and back load all your transfer income.

I easily qualified in first for Argentina in the WCQ, and we play the World Cup itself in the off-season.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2036/37   EPL     1st      League Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner.
2037/38   EPL     3rd      

Division English Premier Division (15th season)

Season 2038/2039

Finish 1st

World Cup with Argentina: Our campaign was destroyed when my striker got himself sent off against England in the Quarter Final when we were utterly dominant until that red card midway through the first half. It turned the match on it's head and England went through with a late goal, when I was expecting to make the final at the very least. Resigned shortly afterwards, not going to do much international management again. Maybe if the Spain job comes up I'll take it on but probably not.

We won the league and were back on top of the pile once again after a near-complete rebuild of my first team squad in the January transfer window.

We stayed first from the opening day with only 4 weeks in 2nd during the middle of the season due to fixture buildup, comfortably accounting for Arsenal in 2nd, United in 3rd and Chelsea in 4th with several games to spare. We went undefeated in the league until the 6th last game of the season where we lost 2-0 at home to Charlton.

The League Cup was a failure once more, a 2-1 loss to Arsenal in the 4th round after we beat Liverpool 2-0 in the 3rd round.

There were a number of injuries once again but it was nothing like the previous years crisis. The worst it got was 4 out of the 5 players who could actually play in central defence being out for our Quarter Final CL against Anderlecht forcing me to play an on-loan central midfielder at the back due to a complete lack of players for that match.

CL Group stage was Olympiakos, Inter and HSV, we ended up qualifying second after drawing with Inter twice and drawing once with HSF in the middle along with beating them once and Olympiakos in both their matches. We lost 1-0 to Roma in the first leg of the Knock-Out but came back strongly to win 3-2 on aggregate with an away win in the 2nd leg. Our feeder club Anderlecht awaited us in the quarters but were no threat, they went down 5-2 on aggregate.

Once again we faced our nemesis in Real Madrid. After fighting back in the first leg at home for a 2-1 win I thought we were finally going to break the hoodoo, but our team allowed Madrid to dominate very early and they scored a goal after only 10 minutes that had us down on the away goals rule. After making a number of tactical switches and changes we clawed our way back into the match but our shooting was poor and we couldn't find a winner.

We brushed off our disappointment to contest the FA Cup against Championship side Luton Town a week later. We'd beaten Brighton, Everton, Stoke, Leicester and Arsenal (6-1 thrashing) to get us to the final. A comfortable 1-0 win saw us loft the trophy for the 6th time.

The new tactical shape was brilliant. We conceded only 23 goals in the entire season, 7 of which came after we had won the title and I played a youth team, while scoring 91 for a GD of +68. A measure of how defensively good this tactic is was that at Christmas we'd only conceded three goals in the league.

Despite being on top at Christmas I decided to freshen up the team. We had a lot of older players coming to the end of their useful lifetimes as well as many that weren't good enough to stay. I sold 5 of our first squad players for a total of £62.25 million and brought in £69.25 million. We secured the major signing of Ed Davis, a 21 year old striker from Wycombe to replace Graham Howson who is being released at the age of 34. After tapping him up in the media I was able to get him angry at having a bid rejected, Wycombe quickly surrendered him for the cut-price cost of £25 million when they'd wanted £50m+. After scoring 26 goals in the 27 games he played in the second half of the season he's already gone up in value to £29 million.

I'm looking to get another central defender and central midfielder. I've got a free transfer goalkeeper coming in mostly to stop other clubs getting him, which will be interesting seeing as we already have 1 world class keeper and 2 very promising young keepers. Might have to sell one of them.

The Chairman injected £22.5 million to help with running cost and we stand at £32.5 million balance. There is one player I might try to move on, he's got hurt this season and his stats have dropped across the board. 27 years old but has 4 more years on his contract. Worth £20.5 so I might be able to get £40 or £50 million out of someone. I gained a very hot prospect in his position in our youth intake so I might just move on with the new kid.

Season   League Position  
2012/13   BSS     18th    
2013/14   BSS     11th  
2015/16   BSS     7th    
2022/23   CHP     17th    
2024/25   EPL     9th        
2026/27   EPL     7th
2027/28   EPL     4th
2029/30   EPL     4th
2031/32   EPL     1st      EPL, League Cup Winner, CL Runner Up.
2032/33   EPL     1st      EPL Winner, FA Cup Winner, CL Runner Up.
2035/36   EPL     1st      EPL Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner. CWC Winner. Euro Super Cup Winner. CL Runner-Up.
2036/37   EPL     1st      EPL Winner, FA Cup Winner, LC Winner.
2037/38   EPL     3rd      
2038/39   EPL     1st      EPL Winner, FA Cup Winner.

• 7 months later...

Archived