dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any one know what date it is that players normally get released from clubs? trying not to blow all my money before some sweet freebies become available

Contracts usually expire on 30/6, so 1/7 is a good date to look for free transfers.

Would love to get hold of a margate save if at all possible. been restarting for ages

Am reloading but storing all my saves in case anyone wants them. I know lots of these will be regularly turning up for you all but I have stored saves so far for:

Lowestoft *9

Chester *10

St Albans *9

FCUM *9

Carshalton *7

Lewes *6

Hendon *5

Northwich *4

Kingstonian *4

Stafford *4

Cambridge C *3

Weymouth *2

Tooting and Mitcham *2

Billericay *2

Bury Town *3

Hitchin *2

Worksop

Hendesford

Marine

North Ferriby

Canvey Island

Redditch

Harrow

Wealdstone (I think these last two were one team last year, but they have split)

Hastings Utd

Margate

Bradford PA

If you want one of the ones for which I have multiples, let me know and I'll let you know which combinations are available with them if you like. Will keep updating this post until I decide who to go for. Im not sure who I'm looking for, but just wanna see what options I can build up for an hour or two.

EDT: Im now only saving games with at least one unique. No point just getting loads of different combinations when its only one team we're after!!

Hmm anyone know if there is a hot key or something to scout a players, trying to scout like a million players and is a pain to have o go thru the drop down menu every time

Use the multi select feature (the ticks). Either click on the first, then hold shift and click on the last or hold Ctrl and click on each player.

How do people do this challenge every year? It's so frigging hard! For every win theres 3-4 really bad defeats where my team look like....well....a non-league team!!

Dignity, dignity, dignity. Always dignity.

Actually, screw dignity, I scream like a banshee at my compy sometimes...

ok to tired to play now had a good look around for some players so tommorow i start making a squad, seems tough to find decent people tho, or mayB is just due to the rep of chippenham, although last year could at least still get a few bargins! looking like this is going to be a tough one this year!

ok to tired to play now had a good look around for some players so tommorow i start making a squad, seems tough to find decent people tho, or mayB is just due to the rep of chippenham, although last year could at least still get a few bargins! looking like this is going to be a tough one this year!

I find the trick is to wait until the start of August, as players that wouldn't sign for you as soon as they were released in July will listen to offers. Good thing about BSN/BSS is there are no windows, so if someone quality won't sign for you initially, keep him on your shortlist and he may do in December when he hasn't found a club.

Anyway, my transfers. Not a lot of experience and no real stand outs, but have established good squad depth and plenty of youth and non-contracts mean I am well under wage budget if someone special does pop up.

Well, seen as how I am following the LLM way of life, and I dont currently have any scouts what so ever, it seems like I will for the time being, be relying on the pile of **** that has been left to me from the previous manager.

Unless of course my first team coach might be able to suggest some worthy additions, or the open trial day brings in anyone useful.

Good to see that I'm on a similar page to other players with some of my signings. I've noticed Bouzanis and Pele being picked up by others. Anyone else manage to grab Gez Mulholland? I had him in FM 11 as well. Tidy signing in the early days.

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2012/13 | End of season

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A big clearout as one could expect. 18 players out and 21 new ones in during this season. Hopefully most of the guys I've picked up are going to stick around for another season, but I expect I'm gonna be active on the transfer market next season aswell. We finished in a very respectable 10th place, but we flirted with play off around the half way mark. In the end we slipped a bit as we drew the last four matches. I was voted runner up as manager of the year, a great honor. Our cup runs were very short as we went out in the FA cup 2nd qualifying round and the 1st round in the FA Trophy. Our best players this season has been 'Hutch', his companion in defence and 'The Dane'.

Financially we are still struggling. We lost £250k this season and are deep in the red. Gonna try to get some big friendlies this summer to gain at least some cash, but we need to get a good cup run next season. My goal for the next season is to establish myself as a solid mid-table team and hopefully get a good cup run.

Season		Division	     Position	   Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North    10th	   Mid-table

Yup XaW - that's going to be a fair bit better than my finish in the BSN. I'm in a relegation scrap, with three points separating 17th and 21st at the moment. After scraping a 3-3 draw in a game I didnt deserve anything from, I am top of that little pile, but all it would take is two defeats.....anyway that's me done for today, will pick up again tomorrow. By the way if you check the table, XaW, you'll notice that you're the only one with a "first update" :p

I have about 6 games to go and am in a relagation scrap with basingstoke and lewes :(

3 celler dweller games coming up so hopefully can climb out. I think this is the worst start to a dafuge challenge ever for me. I usually blitz through the leagues until about league 1

By the way, these team meetings are HARD. Always seems to demotivate them. Thinking of not using them at all. Has anyone worked them out?!

not sure dude. they work well for me. just say something about recent form then talk to the captain

10 games in, 10 points on the board and struggling to score. A mass clear out of 7 players (with around 40k termination fees) and 3 classier players brought in is a financial gamble I have to take - even at this early stage - if Hastings are to stand a chance. My big name signing of Willie Boland for £110 per week is where I'm pinning my hopes.

Yup XaW - that's going to be a fair bit better than my finish in the BSN. I'm in a relegation scrap, with three points separating 17th and 21st at the moment. After scraping a 3-3 draw in a game I didnt deserve anything from, I am top of that little pile, but all it would take is two defeats.....anyway that's me done for today, will pick up again tomorrow. By the way if you check the table, XaW, you'll notice that you're the only one with a "first update" :p

Well, my early run of 12 matches undefeated made my season to be honest. We slowly slipped down as the season went on. Checked the table you made! Is this when I'm gonna write "FIRST"? :-p

I'm looking for some advice. I've reloaded on the 23rd June at least 20 times, and the same teams keep coming up. I'm talking identical.

Chester

Lowestoft

Stafford

St. Albans

Lewes

Carshalton

Every. Single. Time.

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square South - 2012/13

League Table

Fixtures

Finances - Sinking into debt? Yep that's us

Wow. What a horrible season. Just couldn't string anything together and our finishing was terribad. A season to forget.

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

Shocking effort

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Another terrible run

Squad - Terrible. Need to invest in some strikers with decent finishing

Key Player Profiles

Fabian Speiss - German signed in the second half of the season after being dropped by Notts County last season. Shows promise and may keep the gig unless I find someone amazing

Hayden Carter - haha somehow this useless idiot is my best Striker. 7 finishing and 1 long shot? wow.

Player of the Season

Neil Andrews - Captain of the squad and the least useless. Wasn't superb but did the job when needed. May be one of the players I keep on.

Up and Comers

None.

Transfers - Pretty much a waste of time. Speiss was the only decent signing

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  

Here are the facilities.

Facilities!

Next Season

Make some key signings

Push for a promotion spot

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Liverpool

Championship - Birmingham

League 1 - Crystal Palace

League 2 - Plymouth

BSP - Luton

BSN/BSS - Colwyn Bay/Dover

F.A Cup - Stoke

F.A. Trophy - Dag & Red

UEFA Champions League - will be updated. Man U v Arsenal

Europa League - Athletic

A-League - Brisbane Roar/Brisbane Roar

Ouch! Silver lining is that you survived, deadfncat! I'm also struggling to find a striker that knows where the net is. We're having a great deal of shots but I'll be damned if many of them are actually going in the net...

Archived