dafuge's FM12 challenge

Worksop League 2 2016/17

Table

Positions

Started this season very poorly and was dragging along the bottom of the league until i tweaked the tactics a bit. This led to an improvement in results and by just over halfway in the season i was within 3 points of a playoff spot. Unfortunately this was as good as it got as the team was inconsistant for the rest of the season winning against the good teams but losing to the bottom teams. In the league cup i beat L1 Walsall 2-1 before losing 0-1 to Championship Birmingham. Beaten 2-1 by L2 MK Dons in the FA cup and 4-2 by L1 Oldham in the JPT Qtr-Final. The club had a takeover at the end of the season but with no investment, my finances are still pretty rocky as i'm losing a lot of money every month, stayed in the black only by selling players. Crowds rose from 1K last year to an average of 2.3K this year which was pleasing and the board improved the training and youth recruitment slightly.

Squad

Transfers

Sold Nielsen ( 124 apps) as i needed the money and couldn't afford his wage demands anyway, Smilyanov (60 apps) was now my reserve goalie and so was also sold on. My defence was pretty poor, Tank was appalling and Dick not much better, clearly this was above their level of ability. Hammar and Kokoullis formed my central pairing. The midfield was reasonable although kept getting injured. Kaczmarek was on my german scouts shortlist and did well as the defensive midfielder. Up front Scapuzzi did well, Bijev was terrible up till dec when i transfer listed him, due to injuries i played him in jan and he could not stop scoring. Bule is propably the standout player of my squad, although has suffered with injuries.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups                Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners
2016/17        L2            14th         1st Rd            LC - 2nd Rd/JPT - Qtr-f      N/A                    None

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
added mine:thup:

Most Goals In A Game - Welsh Wizard - Marco Kruse - 7 - Proof

Most Goals - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 54 - Proof

Most MotM - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 19 - Proof

Most League Goals - Welsh Wizard - Marco Kruse - 43 - Proof

Most League MotM - Welsh Wizard - Jamil Adam - 13 - Proof

Most Games Won In Row - Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham - 19 - Proof

Most Games Without Losing Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham -36 - Proof

Fastest Climb from Blue Square N/S to Premier League - Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham - 5 seasons - Proof

Didnt think it would be long until someone took my crown :) Well done :)

Come on everyone else join in!

There are supposed to be only two relegation spots in L2....

I know, I love it because I'm pretty much out of any potential relegation battle a dozen matches in. Also, as soon as Grimbsy won a game, Fleetwood were docked 10 points so there are still two teams with a single point!

#86 - Gilbster

Here, have a Table purely cos the challenge says i have to put one each season. Not happy at all with the past 2 seasons, the club is falling apart and to be honest I'm worried for my job. Just gonna get straight back into the restructuring. If I start going in the right direciton again I'll do a better update.

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2017/18 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

Another season just like the last. The past positions graph tells its own story - hovering around the playoffs for the first 15 games or so, fell away badly afterwards. I had a brief resurgence in February but after winning the first match in March, I didnt win another game all season. Really disappointing and certain people in particular will not have a job next season.

Cup runs this year were terrible, York were there for the taking in the first game, and St Albans are below the BSS! However, with the club in a decent financial situation, I don't really need cup runs.

Key Players

Josh Williams* - still our best player despite a disappointing season.

Giasoumis Avgousti - again, plenty of interceptions and key passes, and has become a key part of the team, now.

Abian Serrano - free-scoring in the absence of Paterson for the first half of the season, but in the second half he was disappointing.

Roman Golobart - took a step backwards this season but still a decent partner for Williams.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI

Next season, I must get more points than last year, it is crucial now.

Targets for 2017/18

FIND SOME FULL BACKS WITH SERIOUS URGENCY. FAILURE - but some young ones look promising.

Keep up early season form and avoid long barren runs. FAILURE - two long barren runs including not winning any of the last nine games.

Get at least within 10 points of the playoffs. FAILURE - massively. 22 points behind Colwyn Bay.

Targets for 2018/19

As last season - just got to keep trying, really. I'm starting to feel like its groundhog day. Every season we start well, in the playoff spots until November/December, and then fall away badly.

In other news, Liverpool won the league by a point from Man City, United beat Norwich for the FA Cup, and Bayern beat Lyon in the UCL final.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300819&viewfull=1#post7300819]2015/16[/url]	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7305894&viewfull=1#post7305894]2016/17[/url]     Blue Square Premier       10th      63       None.
2017/18     Blue Square Premier       17th      57       None.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

5100227.png

Tooting & Mitcham

Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square South

Prediction - 22nd

Actual - 2nd

Going into the season i was expecting a season of struggle and was hoping for survival and not much beyond that, But how wrong i was,

I decided that rather than my usual start of having 20 ins and 20 outs at the beginnng of the season, i was going to be a bit more considered, I started by reviewing the playing squad i had and what the best formation would be with no signings, this was a 442, i then set about adding every released young player from the premiership clubs and the big two in Scotland. I then set the scouting pool to work.

Obviously in the beginning none of these guys would consider us as an option, so i had to flesh out the squad with the best of what i could get, but noone got more than a 1 year contract and certainly not a bumper pay deal, i needed to save my budget for the truly worthy players i hoped to pick up later.

The season started well and to my great surprise we were up at the top of the table right from the off,unbeaten in our first 13 games!!!! 8 wins and 5 draws

This was a shock to say the least, especially as the players i had brought in i deemed to be makeweights and stop gaps.

As we progressed through the season i reviewed the short list i had compiled on the 1st of each month, any player who had signed for another club was deleted and i checked to see if anyone would discuss terms with me, up until October nobody would go anywhere near us, but then in October/November time players would discuss contracts but wanted silly money so still no go

To my surprise we were still up with the pace setters in January and at this stage more and more players would talk to us and also had by this time dropped their wage demands, so i was able to bolster the squad with some real quality and make a real push for the top.

As it happened, we never really challanged Ebsfleet who ended up 10pts clear of us (annoying as we beat them home and away, and they seemed rubbish)

We did however finish 2nd and get into the playoffs,

The Play Offs were surprisingly easier than i had expected, a 4 - 0 1st leg win away at Truro made the 2nd leg (3-3) a formality,

We then met Woking in the final, they had beaten us twice in the season and things looked bleak when we went behind after 20 mins, but a brace from Richie Barroilhet and and a last minute screamer from Blair Adams saw us through and BSP here we come :D

The Cups were a none event, no real progress made and would probably only have hindered our push in the league so was not to disappointed

Top Players

Liam Harwood - Solid as a rock at the back, one of the original squad who held his place all season

Loris Karius - Outstanding prospect, very solid, nothing flashy exactly what you want from a keeper

Richie Barroilhet - Joined in the January and almost ended top scorer, A deadly finisher and gave us added momentum at a crucial time

Wade Small - Mr Consistent and coughed up a steady stream of assists from wide

Next Season

Aim for next season can be summed up in one word - Survive

Career Overview

Season     League               Position     Achievements
2012/13    Blue Square South      2nd        Promoted via Play Offs

Having a mixed start in my first season with Kingstonian - am coming to the end of November and sit 14th which is ok, it does seem my players are getting used to my system now as we are 6 unbeaten and have just drawn 1-1 at home to League 1 Brentford in the FA Cup first round

Gilbster - stick with it, i'm not finding L2 very easy myself unlike most people, i've only got a barebones squad to keep within the wage budget and i'm still losing loads of money every year.

GOM, Looks like you could do with getting rid of some those players - can't help but notice that the players you showed were all lacking in determination. I always try to get players with great mental stats in, i'm convinced they do better when bad runs occur.

Having a mixed start in my first season with Kingstonian - am coming to the end of November and sit 14th which is ok, it does seem my players are getting used to my system now as we are 6 unbeaten and have just drawn 1-1 at home to League 1 Brentford in the FA Cup first round

Lost the replay 4-3 :(

Fastest Climb from Blue Square N/S to Premier League - Welsh Wizard - Tooting & Mitcham - 5 seasons - Proof

Where is the record thread?

Marine FC – Season 1 (2012/13) Blue Square Bet North

Aims

· Survive comfortably whilst building a decent squad ready for a playoff push in season 2.

· Make the 1st round of the FA Cup.

· Keep finances in the black.

League (Positions Graph)

After a decent start to the season we were looking like surviving comfortably with an outside chance of pushing for the playoffs. The injury struck and my top goalscorer at that point, Neil Harvey, was ruled out for 4 months and we went through December and January with just the one win. When Harvey returned he wasn’t the player he once was and was released at the end of the season. In February we rediscovered our form and then some, we picked up 31 points from the last 14 games which has left me feeling very positive for the new season.

FA Cup

Our FA Cup performance was a disappointment even though we were given a nice draw away to Buxton in the 2nd qualifying round. We limped out 2-0 in this fixture.

FA Trophy

Drawn away to non-league Northwich Victoria I was expecting a tough game and so it proved as we lost 1-0. I wasn’t too bothered about dropping out of this competition however.

Players

Aaron Carter has proven a very important signing and was my best centre-back by a distance

Jack Stevens is an 18 year old striker I picked up on a free transfer, he went on to win the fans’ player of the year award. He finished as the club top goalscorer with 13 league goals.

Michael Roberts is a defensive midfielder brought through the ranks at Liverpool. I picked him up at the start of December and he has since become the first name on the teamsheet.

Finances

We finished the season £190,000 in the red having made a £210,000 loss over the course of the season.

Other

We improved our junior coaching, however it is still ‘basic’.

Our average attendance for the season was 362.

Aims for Season 2

· Reach the playoffs.

· Reach the FA Cup 1st round.

· Improve finances.

Season      Division                    Position          Points         Noteworthy Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7314346&viewfull=1#post7314346"]2012/13[/url]     Blue Square North           10th              63             None

My season is falling apart! Start of Feb had have flown up to 3rd in the league, then lost my top scorer (27 goals in 34 games) and now my team cant buy a win - 3 straight defeats the last being 5-1 away to 12th placed Bromely :mad:

EDIT: Add another 4 players to my injury list - now missing 5 first teamers through injury with the smallest injury being 2 months out :(

Upfront I'd like to apologize for the 'photo uploaded' popups on several of the screenshots. :)

#30 - MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 1 (2012/2013)

9920.png

Blue Square South Prediction - 22nd

Blue Square South Position - 12th

FA Cup - Lost in 2nd Qual Round (v Bashley)

FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Nuneaton)

Blue Square South (12th) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square South Summary

It wasn't pretty at all. I just couldn't find the right players or the right tactic. Switching between several tactics meant the players never really got used to one. 12th place is alright considering.

Domestic Cups

What a waste of time. The players failed big time in the FA Trophy, losing to non-leaguer Bashley. In the FA Cup, we did put up a fight, but lost in the 1st Round to Nuneaton.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Record Sheet - Team Records | Player Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Manager History

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information - Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Staff

League Season Summary

Players of the Season

Daniel Axelsen - Fantastic attributes but played really bad mostly due to injuries. Hopefully he will be better in the next season.

David Gilroy - Topscorer with 15 goals. He will probably not survive another season.

Troy Osman - Alright season where he got played alot on the left wing.

Matt Freeman - Excellent season with a good amount of assists.

Gavin Donoghue - Captain and the rock in my defence. I'm looking forward to seeing him next season.

Chippenham Awards

Gavin Donoghue got Fans Player of the Year

Season Summary

A very mixed season. I had high hopes after good games in both FM10 and FM11 but this was a real challenge. I never really felt I found the right key to unlock the box of success. One of the things I found I did wrong, was signing players too quickly. When Trial Day came, I was out of wages and I missed out a lot of players. I have never been a tactical wizkid, so I struggled big time finding one that would work well. Hopefully season 2 will be an improvement.

Other News

I signed a new contract with Chippenham.

We recieved a fine due to disciplinary problems during a match.

Game Summary

Season             League               Position                       Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13            Blue Square South    12th place (63 points)         Cups are crap.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5568661438_0b5cff002b.jpg

Northwich Victoria

Anyway Season 13/14

A fantastic season where we absolutely ripped up the Blue Square Premier with a massive 103 points and +74 goal difference.

league1314.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also had a good run to the Third Round of the FA Cup but knocked out by Blackpool in a replay

We won the FA Trophy

We were acknowledged by our peers as I picked up the Manager of the Year and Jamil Adam picked up both the player of the year and top goalscorer.

Start Performers were:

The Jamil Adam Trophy (New all time top scorer for Northwich) was for Jamil Adam with 71 goals from 58 apperances

The Pass Master Trophy (Most Assists) for Ryan Humphreys 27 from 32(16) Apperances

The Tuff Tackler Trophy for Will Beesley 4.20 per game

The Wizard of the Dribble Trophy for Jamil Adam 3.14 a game

Match of the year - The FA Trophy final....

matchoftheyear1314.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Roll on league football!!!!!!!!

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 6 - 2017/18 – nPower League Two

Pre-season - Media Prediction: 24th

A Season of Struggle

League Table| Progress | Squad | Transfers

Went into the season really dreading what was ahead, especially as the media and board were expecting nothing more than relegation. A promising start was a false dawn and the struggle really kicked in as home wins were at a premium as well as goals. Player after player were under-performing and relegation was a possibility as the team slid down the table. Luckily League Two football was secured for the 2018/19 season with a couple of much needed victories away from home.

The new season will bring a new stadium and hopefully new highs...

Targets for the 2016/17 season

1. Survive in League Two ACHIEVED

2. Reach FA Cup 3rd round FAILED

3. Expand the scouting range FAILED

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round
2014/15         Blue Square North          3th           Highest finish to date        
2015/16         Blue Square North          1st           Promoted                           
2016/17         Blue Square Premier        1st           Promoted                               
2017/18         League Two                 17th          None                                       

Targets for new season:

1. Survive in League Two

2. Reach FA Cup 3rd round

3. Expand the scouting range

Youngest Player - spankie - Ross Ritchie - 15y 124d - Proof

Youngest Goalscorer - spankie - Nick Kidd - 15y 138d - Proof

And I've added mine.

Both players are still in the U18s and get some games in the first team. I don't know if Ritchie will improve enough to warrant a permanent first team place but Kidd is improving nicely and should make a good Deep Lying Attacker

Far too many posts for me to follow everyone's progress, so: Congrats to those on the up, good luck to those just starting and commiserations gilbster - hopefully things will turn around for you soon.

[plug class=shameless]I have started a thread intended to be a compliment to the Records thread for chronicling the CSE Dream XI. Might I suggest you guys go have a gander and see if you want to be included?[/plug]

Drew. FC United. Premier Division. 2017/2018

This is it, the big time, all these years of sweat and blood, tears of joy, and we are finally here.

Table - Erm, yeah okay then, I'm not sure how this happened, but not only did we manage to survive, but we only went and finished 5th, 2 points off 4th, reminds me of Ipswich back in 2001; but yeah, fantastic, absolutely fantastic, we also came runners up in the F.A. Cup as well, so that only confirmed our Europa League qualification for next season, plus only one more season of playing at Gigg Lane then we move to our new stadium.

Graph - We were never in any danger of getting relegated, not once, I guess it may have been my tactics, we also managed to get wins over Arsenal, Liverpool, and sneak a draw against Man United.

Squad - Not a bad effort from the lads, although I was a bit disappointed that Romanov only got 16 goals, most of which were in the F.A. Cup and League Cup; Anders Petersen was the star in goal, proving to be the difference between a win/draw and a defeat, he is starting to get itchy feet but I'm hoping European Football will help; Carlos came in on a free from Barcelona, was a menace from set pieces, and formed a good partnership with Hruska, Napoli came in with a £3.9m bid that I could not refuse, so he'll be off, but I have a few French youngsters on the way who will fill in the gap; Martin Hruska was solid as usual and formed a good partnership with Carlos, a few teams showed interest, but I have no intention to sell; Frank Diaz was fantastic in the centre of midfield, pulling all the strings and bringing others into the attack; Andreas Ernst has been dubbed the new Jurgen Klinsmann, and after his performances on the wing, I can understand why, sensational.

Transfers

Finances - The T.V. money really helped this season.

Me

Aims for next season:

With a massive wage and transfer budget next season, I believe that we can qualify for Europe again, so that will be the main aim, also, I would like to improve certain positions, such as our full backs, a quality defensive midfielder is on my shopping list, and a new striker as well.

Lowestoft - Begin the Journey

Lowestoft Start Lowestoft Opening Roster

2012-13 Goals

The first goal of completely reshaping the staff and roster is complete. All the players on the club were on non-contracts, so there was plenty of leeway to find players who suit my approach. We don't have quite the depth, I would prefer- but it is acceptable for the BSN level of play.

Though the goal is to avoid relegation, in the end I am sure we can do much better than that and we hope to challenge for at least a play-off spot.

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2016/2017 - Coca Cola League Two

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 3rd

FA Cup: 2nd Rnd loss to Hartlepool(0-1 away)

Carling Cup: 2nd Rnd loss to Everton(1-3 home)

Johnstone's Trophy: Winner! Final win against Huddersfield(2-1)

Best result: 2-1 win against against Huddersfield(L1) in the Johnstone's Trophy final

Worst result: 0-2 loss home to Bury

Top goalscorer: Marcelo Trotta, 14 (13 in L2) & Stephen McGill, 14 (12 in L2)

Most assists: Elaninho, 12 (12 in L2)

Highest Average rating: Maurinho, 7.27 (7.22 in BSP)

2016-17 Season Review:

Great season by the guys. We found some decent players. And especially Maurinho who joined in January played incredibebly in the second part of the season. Including scoring two goals in the Johnstone's Final. We went up after being placed for playoffs for most of season, and then finding form late season to take the third promotion place with a couple of rounds to go, and keeping it. A great season. However the finances are back in red.

Player of the season:

Aristote Nsiala - D RC - DURACELL! Just keeps on going. Is going to get competition for player of the year by Maurinho and Olsen next season.

Other Key Players

Aaron Tumwa - D LC - Couldn't find someone to replace him during the offseason. He responded with playing 54(!!) games and keeping a nice average.

Henning Olsen - DM/M C - How I could get this player in League two is a mystery. He plays well and will continue to develop. Will be a key part of the team for years to come.

Maurinho - AM R/S C - Already a key member of the squad and a fan favourite. Delivers in the big games and will be integral in our attempt to move this club further.

Stephen McGill - AM RL/S C - Played sparingly during last season, but after a couple of good performances became a solid player for us.

2017-18 Season Preview:

With key positions from our tactic already in place, I'm confident to survive in League One. I suspect a mediocre year in which we'll be placed low-mid table and will try to garner some income through the cups. Perhaps defend our Johnstone's Trophy.

#86 - Gilbster - 2021/22 - League 2 - North Ferriby - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Finance | Transfers | Star Player

Sent out loads of trial requests to players that I stil cant scout, and found quite a few gems that way, including my star player (well got him previous season but still!), and they didnt ask for the most unreasonable salaries which also helped. However it turns out there is still a major weakness in the squad. My goalies are awful. The best run of form I had was when I had a goalie in on loan for 3 months. He really saved our season, and helped on our promotion push.

We ended up getting to the playoff finals, where we eventually lost 3-0 to Bradford, but I'd almost rather have 1 more season at this point in league 2 and then go up when ready and perhaps have a better chance at survival.

Had a great FA Cup run, to the 3rd round, where we narrowly lost to Spurs in the replay. So had quite a few decent money games, so am back in the black at least for the moment.

Aims

Get a new goalie, 1 signed on bosman already but need 1 more for backup

Get my own good striker (can't keep relying on loans)

If above point fails, loan in goalie and/or striker

Try, try to stay in wage budget

Try to get auto promotion

Oh and get one more central midfielder and defender as need a bit more depth.

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference
2018/19   L2          3rd     1st R       JPTFN, LC 1R           Promoted
2019/20   L1          24th    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Relegated
2020/21   L2          21st    1st R       JPT1R, LC 2R
2021/22   L2          7th     3rd Rep     JPT2R, LC 1R           Lost in Playoff Finals

Archived