• Last Reply

Gypsum's Worksop town - Championship - 2017/18

League position: 5th / Position chart / Playoff semi-finalists

FA Cup: 4th round

Transfers

Finances

General squad info

Star players:

1- Mehdi Lazaar - A striker who I signed back in League 2, and surprised me with his quality performances at this level. Missed the playoffs with injury.

2- Andreas Lerby - A fantastic Danish centre-back who joined us last season.

3- Derek Wright - Impressed after joining in January last season, and continued his good from. Our top scorer with 24 goals, despite an 18 hour goal drought towards the end of the season.

Notable mentions: Stuart McNeil - A talented young Scottish keeper who was brilliant for me. Jonas Pettersson - Our Swedish striker who struggled a bit more with his lack of pace in the Championship, but was still deadly in front of goal. Bernd Hofer - Was a fantastic German left-back, who was unfortunately sold by my Chaiman for £1.7m.

Other information: While the Worksop stadium was being renovated to become a 6255 capacity all-seater arena in line with Championship requirements, we played at Doncaster's Keepmoat stadium setting some impressive attendances and earning good money from gate receipts. Going home was a bit of a disappointment.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Moved into new stadium / Playoff winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7285863&viewfull=1#post7285863"]2016/17[/url]              League 1                             1st                        FA Cup 4th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7300327&viewfull=1#post7300327"]2017/18[/url]              Championship                         5th                        Championship playoff semi-finalists

Hendon - Blue Square Bet Premier - 12th - 2014/15

Perhaps a more eventful season off the pitch as the club was taken over by a consortium of Paraguayan businessmen, which has helped to partially relieve the financial situation through periodic cash injections. I also realised that the cause of the club debt is the multimillion pound stadium which is being built and should be ready for next season.

On the field, the aim of staying up was comfortably achieved. although the team started a little sluggishly, we slowly climbed out of the relegation zone and up the table to eventually settle for 12th place. Hopefully next season we can build on this and at least make the play-offs. The poor cup form continued, as we only won one cup game (in the first round of the trophy).

My best performer was new signing Nicholas, who was short-listed for player of the season, and won fans' player of the year. Wright had another good season and Connolly was another key player. Unfortunately he signed a contract with Shamrock Rovers, so won't be playing for us next year which is quite a blow. Several other players also left during the season, which I assume was for money, as they went to teams in lower division, for higher wages. I'm hoping that the new owners will give me a bigger budget so that it's easier to tie players down. Rossi, who was signed halfway through the season also deserves a mention, and hopefully he can fire the team to victory in the next campaign.

Table - Past Positions - Squad - Fixtures 1 2 3 - Transfers

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 1st Rnd, F.A Trophy 3rd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 1st Rnd, F.A Trophy 3rd Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square Premier         12th            F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd

Sweet mother of all things football. Just beat Fenerbahce 1-0 in Turkey in the first leg of the 2nd Knockout Round of the Europa League. We actually won by a single goal, and didn't concede, putting in a fantastic defensive display! What is going on?!

Oh, back to normal. 3-3 in the second leg. We JUST scrape it through. JUST!

After a very long holiday abroad, I felt it was time to come back to England. I stumbled across the Billericay job and hope to create history with them as we journey up the leagues to national and continental glory !

Reasons for choosing Billericay are that I really liked the save I had with them in FM10 and also to complete the challenge with them, which didn't happen last time due to a corrupt game.

Oh you're using the 4-1-2-2-1 as well?

I've used it since League Two, and I have to say it's a fantastic tactic.

How you got your CMs set-up? I've got them both a AP/Attack which they are both suited for I find one stands out and does quite a bit better than the other did play a DLP support role a few times with another CM and seemed to have a lot more options so unsure what to do this season and might be getting another player more suited to AP/Attack :)

What sort of 4-1-2-2-1 are we talking? DM - 2 CMs - AML/AMR?

I'm using 4-2-3-1 at the moment, and it seems to be doing okay in the cups.

Yeah thats the one. One ST seems to be best. I've gone from 442 to 41212 to 4411 to 41221 Throughout the league.

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 5 - 2016/17 – Blue Square Bet North

Pre-season - Media Prediction: :D 24th :D

Back to back promotion achieved!!!

League Table| Progress | Squad | Transfers

The club went into the new season with a sense of dread as the media had predicted a very difficult fight against relegation. The first few results were an eye opener to the increase in standards as defeats were experienced. Gradually the players adapted to the division and survival was a possibility, but promotion was not even thought about. The season went on and I expected the usual slump but it never came, resulting in promotion being clinched on the second to last weekend of the season.

I am amazed and can't really explain how it came about! lol.

Targets for the 2015/16 season

1. Survive in Blue Square Premier ACHIEVED

2. Reach FA Cup 1st round ACHIEVED

3. Expand the scouting range FAILED

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round
2014/15         Blue Square North          3th           Highest finish to date        
2015/16         Blue Square North          1st           Promoted                           
2016/17         Blue Square Premier        1st           Promoted                               

Targets for new season:

1. Survive in League Two

2. Reach FA Cup 3rd round

3. Expand the scouting range

Crispypaul (no.52)

Bradford Park Avenue

bradfordpa.png

2014/15

nPower League Two

League: 2nd

We nearly won it but Wrexham sneaked it on the last day on goal difference.

FA Cup: 5th round

An excellent run, beating Reading and Bristol City before Premier League Blackburn proved a step too far.

League Cup: 1st round

Unfortunately we got hammered away at League One winners Doncaster.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd round

We got a bye but couldn't take advantage, losing away to League One Notts County.

Key Players:

Zah Ansah - continued his excellent form from the previous season.

Thomas Cruise - had a brilliant Cocktail of performances throughout the season, although my Eyes were Wide Shut when his defending was Risky Business.

Louis Almond- moved to left wing after playing as a poacher in the BSP and chipped in with a few assists.

Lauri Dalla Valle - linked well with Ansah.

Sead Hajrovic - the Swiss U21 player was a rock at the back.

Aims for season

- Try not to get relegated!

- Do a bit better in the JPT and League Cup

- Convince my board to let me scout outside the UK and Ireland

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       BSN                 1st                        Champions, Promoted
2013/14       BSP                 1st                        Champions, Promoted, FA Trophy Winners
2014/15       L2                   2nd                       Runners Up, Promoted

harrow.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2015/16 | Blue Square Premier

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2 | Transfers3

An interesting season. It looked like a relegation struggle up till November, when I got in a bunch of quality players, and turned things round. Through March it looked like we might even sneak a playoff place, but I was perfectly happy with a mid-table finish in my first season in the BSP. To be honest, it was a boring season - but that was exactly what I needed as it was, after all, my first season in a higher league.

Financially the club was in a terrible position, as you can see. However, Average Attendances are steadily rising and with a new stadium around the corner, I hope it will quickly improve. Attendances are almost capacity for friendlies which means they will be far more lucrative this pre-season. Also, given that the poor financial situation is partly due to the stadium payments, I'm hoping my board might see sense and realise the need for a cash injection, and soon. This will allow me to push for league and then professional status.

EDT: After I wrote this, we were taken over! The new board said they would provide no cash injection, but suddenly my debts were cleared! No idea how, if they didnt provide the cash injection!!! We're not exactly rolling in it - this is definitely no sugar daddy, but having the debts cleared is a massive boost.

Cup runs this year were disappointing once again, we need to get a proper cup run together to boost the finances.

Key Players

Matthew Paterson* - showed his quality on the bigger stage, 27 goals in a newly promoted side is amazing.

Joseph Dadoo - cemented his place as Paterson's partner.

Josh Williams - almost 250 interceptions. Very impressive defending, has now become the key defender.

Louis Harris - Mr Consistent. Extremely high pass ratio and good performances all year.

Giasoumis Avgousti - the best of the new signings this year. Solid defensive midfielder which is vital when you're an underdog.

(*= fans' player of the year)

Disappointing seasons from expensive players Bruna and Serrano, I'm hoping their performances will really pick up next year. The latter was a pain - I kept getting his signing vetoed by the board, and had to release a load of players before I could afford him. Really hoping next year will be a different story from the Spaniard.

- never arrived!

[url=]The historical best XI - never arrived!

Next season, I will be looking to push on towards a playoff place. I think, given how well we were doing at points this year, I'd be disappointed if I didnt get one, although I dont think I will be able to make the squad strong enough to be confident of winning the playoffs, and it may take another season at this level. But that's fine.

Targets for 2015/16

Survival SUCCESS

Get in a couple of League 2 level players SUCCESS - at least I think so. Avgousti, Golobart, and hopefully, when he finds his form, Serrano, along with Paterson, Dadoo and Bruna, all look good enough.

Put pressure on the board to make us into a bigger club by extending coaching facilities/scouting networks etc - and this starteed in May without my even having to ask, with the board deciding to build a new stadium, which I will move into for the start of next season. This will hamper my finances seriously for a few years, costing £4.1m or rather £11k a month for 15 years, but Harrow Stadium will hopefully prove expandable and thus not simply a money-sink. SUCCESS - more coaches in, and the new stadium now open, means that we should be improving our standing. Next step, professional status.

Targets for 2016/17

At least 10 points more than this year.

A decent cup run - either to the final of the FA Trophy or 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Plug a few holes, especially those left by a couple of first-team departures that are inevitable such as McCormack and Harris.

....And I'd like to replace a few of these with some players who are better than any we already have.

In other news, Citeh won the league, Arsenal won the Cup, and Barcelona won the Champions' League for the first time since 2011.

Season      Division	          Position     Points    Achievements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7294922&viewfull=1#post7294922]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
2015/16	    Blue Square Premier       13th      64       Mid-table finish.

PS - the table on the first page is, as you have all noticed, not in operation currently. We're looking into easier ways of doing it, because with so many entrants, it was just becoming a crazy amount of work and was unsustainable. Will let you know when I know more.

Some absolutely unbelievable results! Massive turnaround to the season where we haven't lost since the start of February! In addition to beating CSKA 2-1 on aggregate, we beat Arsenal 1-0 in the FA Cup Semi Final, and then Ajax in the Europa League Semi Final in an astounding 8-1 aggregate finish! Complete shock result that! We also beat Wigan in the FA Cup Final 1-0!

So we've won 2 cups, and still have Roma to come in the Europa League final! All of this, and we've jumped from 16th to 7th in the league, with 3 games still to go. Cracking finish!

Crispypaul - Great season. You will run out of movie titles soon :lol:

GreyedOutMan - Great season. Sometimes it says the new owner will clear debts in a different news item than ones like the takeover complete and the interest in taking over so might of popped up unnoticed. But makes sense if it didn't as most takeovers irl include the debt in the price.

Okay, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. Is anyone else experiencing a lot of 90th minute equaliser/winners for the other teams? I know on the Dafuge Chat (shameless plug), there's been a lot of these. Starting to think it's a very ridiculous bug.

Cardiff 3 -3 FC United

FC United 3 - 3 Fulham

Werder Bremen 3 - 3 FC United

Actually, in my second season, I was on the scoring end of a lot of those equalizers/winners in stoppage time. I never did get a full count (might have to go back and check), but I had at least a half-dozen stoppage time goals in both the cups and league matches. Don't remember how many I had against...I'm sure there were at least a couple---but they came both ways for me.

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 7 - 2018/19 – Premier League

Preseason - Media Prediction: 20th

The Cup Team...

Club Information | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Confidence

Key Players

Victor | Alfonso Gonzales Rodriguez-Bobada | Adrian Pillar | Fabian Breuer | Elia Lustenberger

LeagueCups.png

Premier League

League Table | Position Graph

The most annoying season yet. After such a dire start, in February, we must have switched something on. Fortunes changed, and the wins just rolled on and on! From February to May, we didn't lose a game, until losing 2-1 to City in the game before a certain European final. We probably could have stole 7th, but I'm content with 8th!

FA Cup

Fixtures | Final

What happens in this cup run, pretty much happens for the rest of the update. A few too many replays for my liking, but we did it! And in the process, we helped Wigan get Europa League! How nice of us! Most satisfying win was the 1-0 against Arsenal.

Europa League

Because of the rather annoying fixture filter bug, I have to put each round separately, rather than all in one.

4th Qualifying Round | Group Stage Table | 1st Knockout Round | 2nd Knockout Round | Quarter Finals | Semi Finals

Final

Yet again proving that this year, we were a cup side. I had to sign Laste Dombaxe, Conor Hughes and De Nuzzi so I could actually compete in the thing. Only had trouble against Benfica in the groups, sailing through to the 1st round of the knockouts. We beat Werder Bremen, Fenerbahce and CSKA Moscow in very close ties. Then Ajax came, who we demolished 8-1. And the final beckoned. And we delivered, winning 2-0. Fabian Breuer getting injured was devastating, but at least we won!

Carling Cup

Fixtures | Final

Yet another example of how, this season, we were a complete cup team. How come we can beat teams like Leicester (Came 3rd last season) and Liverpool 6-1 and 4-0, yet can’t replicate that in the league? It all paid off in the end though, with a complete trouncing of Chelsea in the final. Again, why this can’t be done in the league is beyond me. Nevertheless, it got us our Europa League place guaranteed!

I wrote the above after the final. Little was I to know that the season would completely turn around!

AwardsLogo.png

Fan's Player of the Year

Victor

Due to our very goals being very spread out between the squad, Victor only got 10 in the league. But he also got 10 in the domestic cups, and 10 in Europe. This took his tally up to 30 this season. Fantastic player, and during the second half of the season, spent most of it at AML. He played 50+ games and quickly became a fan favourite. Can't wait to see him next year!

Top Scorer

Victor

See above.

The Millward Player Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Year

Fabian Breuer

My German David Silva. Fabian Breuer is an absolutely fantastic player. Without him, we'd not have got in the finals. He always scored when it was really needed. And if he didn't do that, he'd be the most important person in the buildup to another person's goal. His injury in the Europa League final was devastating. I hope he continues this epic form next season!

The Jordan Swinburn Award

The Surprise of the Season Award

Either the unbelievable unbeaten run from February to May or doing the treble with domestic and Europa League cups. Probably the latter.

NextSeason2.png

There's only one thing I want after that season. Top 4. We're perfectly capable of it. I'll even sacrifice my cup runs for it. I'd like to win the three again though. From a player point of view, I want to continue to mould Fabian Breuer into the best player in the world. I've developed a real affection for this team, and the players, and Fabian Breuer is like my little project.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation
2014/15         Blue Square Premier       2nd           Promoted - Playoffs
2015/16         League Two                3rd           Promoted - 3rd
2016/17         League One                4th           Promoted - Playoffs
2017/18         Championship              1st           Promoted - Champions, FA Cup Runner-Up
2018/19         Premier League            8th           League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Europa League Winners

How you got your CMs set-up? I've got them both a AP/Attack which they are both suited for I find one stands out and does quite a bit better than the other did play a DLP support role a few times with another CM and seemed to have a lot more options so unsure what to do this season and might be getting another player more suited to AP/Attack :)

One is support, the other is a deep lying playmaker, might change it during the summer.

2015/16 season update

Once again out of no expectations we have gained back to back promotions and are now into league 1 !

We never dropped below 6th in the whole season and were playing some great football with every player playing the hearts out !

League table

Past positions

Targets For Next Season:

Hunt the national youth sides for some gems !

mid table finish :p

p.s. sorry the the bobbins update feeling ill but thought I'd just shove it on

Manager 44 reporting for duty.

Carshalton Athetic - Season 2017/2018 - Championship

sponsored by Sports Direct

Final position: 2nd

Table

Transfers

2017-18 Season Review:

So, we're up in a nailbiting season. Remarkably close at the top of the league. I'd be gutted if I were Wolves! Blackburn had an amazing season, although when I played against them their main tactic seemed to be to set Rochina up for long range screamers - which worked to good effect at their place, as they screwed me out of a game I deserved to win.

I got carried away with my interested list and signed loads of players. Sadly I didn't heed the warning above about having enough Home Grown players, so my sides ended up being a mix of amazing foreign kids and rubbish English players.

The upside of this was, as most of the foreign kids were rated as good enough for the Prem - a) the ones that played carried me through the season b) the ones that didn't play had a decent chance of being shipped out for okay money c) the ones the played started to rouse interest from overseas and I sold some in the transfer window which allowed me to stockpile cash and bring some of the other kids in instead without weakening my side at all.

Cup competitions didn't really happen for me. Tough draws.

Player of the season:

James Leworthy

He stands out for overperforming despite his obvious mediocrity. I tried to ship him out in League One because he wasn't good enough, strangely he ended up as an ever present in the Championship because he was one of the 8-9 home grown players in the squad.

Notable mention for Pedersen too. He has been at the club since BSS and manages to escape the cull each close season. He's now a fully fledged Danish international, I feel a bit ruthless for getting rid of him but he's not going to be good enough for the step up. Although he was home grown, so there's another gap to fill...

Youth prospects

Well, quite a lot of them. Certainly too many to list. I see my interested list has got even better now I've been promoted - should be an interesting close season, so long as I remember to sign some Englishmen!

Close season

We are moving to the Carshalton Stadium at the end of next year, which means that we'll have played in our newly expanded War Memorial Sports Ground for just 16 months. Seems like a waste of money to me, but I've covered their folly with my control over player transfers. We're also spending £3m on the youth and training facilities, plus we can scout throughout the world.

A very good season for club infrastructure!

Bring on the Premiership. Given my struggles with Prem sides in cup competitions, I'm a little unsure how the season will go. I sense there'll be some extortionate wages being paid. I'd like to get into Europe as soon as I can. Time to start building a club properly now.

Crispypaul - Great season. You will run out of movie titles soon :lol:

Thanks. I'm not sure whether to offer him another deal though as I don't think he'll quite be good enough for the division.

I am trying to sign a regen midfielder from Man Utd though called Ryan Giggs. No relation apparently!

Now this is riduculous - despite promotion to League One our reputation is still local, is below every team in League Two and five teams in the BSP. And my board still won't allow me to scout outside the UK.

Exactly the same here, stupid really !

Now this is ridiculous - despite promotion to League One our reputation is still local, is below every team in League Two and five teams in the BSP. And my board still won't allow me to scout outside the UK.

I couldn't scout outside the UK until I hit the Championship.

I'm in the Prem and the only Championship side I am rated more highly than is Hereford. Although that doesn't seem to be reflected in my Interested List. Maybe the reputation of the competition you're in works as a separate modifier to your individual club reputation? There are players I'm bringing in that definitely wouldn't move to a Championship side!

Exactly the same here, stupid really !

I really suspect this is due to the rapidness (back-to-back-to-back) promotions --- rep never has a chance to catch up. Media predictions likely last (or near to it) each new division --- no one expects you to stay up...same effect on rep. I noticed in my 3rd season (first in BSP), my rep finally took a jump, though it is still bottom of BSP. Since it doesn't look likely I'll be out of BSP in my first season, I'll monitor my rep and see what happens in the next season or so.

I suspect that if I stay in BSP another year, my rep will slowly move up the BSP tier, and by time I make league football, it'll by high BSP, but no more. Be interesting to see what rep of some of the slower advancing teams is doing.

G_D_K is right. :) Reputation doesn't change that quickly. Or put in another way, doesn't make that big leaps at a time. We're starting with teams with rep values way below who we're competing against so even winning promotion doesn't necessarily bump the rep up above or indeed to their level. Just keep pushing and it will/should eventually catch up.

The other thing to consider is that normally manager reputation will be taken into account as to whether a player is interested or not, so while the media may consider you to be a club way above your station (the club's rep) they certainly can't deny that you as a manager have worked wonders and will have a pretty good rep of your own.

#60 Shaggy61 bedford town Season 2 update

In a complete reversal of last season we started poorly one win in 9 to lie 21st. Improved slowly in the new year, rising upto 6th at one stage before losing the final 5 games to finish 12th, one better than last season. To be fair we have signed a good keeper now but injuries to couple of players hurt badly. More worryingly my cb was my top scorer.....the strikers are rubbish!

2 seasons in and now lots in debt(although we kept to wage limits) we got a new 2 year contract and most players are gonna stay this pre season. With 2/3 additions we should make playoffs next time round, but am going to try and arrange more friendlies this season.

1st season seemed straightforward, 2nd was disappointing, 3rd must be better or we'll be in trouble

Hi I fancied giving this challenge a go so http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5568661438_0b5cff002b.jpg (Not sure how to put this in so it is visible!)

Northwich Victoria

Anyway Season 12/13

A fantastic season where we absolutely ripped up the Blue Square North with a massive 105 points and +78 goal difference.

league1213.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also had a good run to the Second Round of the FA Cup and the Fourth Round of the FA Trophy

We were acknowledged by our peers as I picked up the Manager of the Year and Jamil Adam picked up both the player of the year and top goalscorer.

Start Performers were:

The Jonny Allen Trophy (All time top scorer for Northwich) was for Jamil Adam with 49 goals from 51 apperances

The Pass Master Trophy (Most Assists) for Tom Turton 15 from 26(5) Apperances

The Tuff Tackler Trophy for Samir Bihmoutine 5.14 per game

The Wizard of the Dribble Trophy for Jamil Adam 2.94 a game

Match of the year - Our FA Cup First Round win at Cheltenham....

matchoftheyear1213.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll never understand this game as long as I live. I was top for I think 32 of the 36 rounds played, on a ten game unbeaten run, four points clear at the top and 15 points clear of the playoffs. Then...

lossstreak.jpg

All teams outside the playoff spots. No warning either, just a sudden switch and we were hopeless, conceding rubbish goals, scoring own goals, not having any shots etc. Just appalling and had me almost incandescent with rage. This drops us to 4th, only a few points inside the playoffs and three points off top. A last minute equaliser at Mansfield and an undeserved win at home to lowly Aldershot preserve this position.

Then we somehow turn in two excellent performances to knock off 1st place Lincoln away and 2nd place Walsall at home, to go two points clear with two matches remaining. I still have a tricky away game against 5th place Stockport to navigate, but I am just baffled by our form.

Wingate & Finchley | Season 2013 - 14

League Table | Graph

Stable season, always linger within the playoff position but never really mount any challenge to the title. Somehow we not scoring as much, but neither we are letting in as much. GD was only +18, which is the lowest within the playoff teams.

FA Cup

Disapponting FA cup run, was hoping to earn some fast cash in this cup run.

FA Trophy

Another bad run, lost @ 2nd round. Not enough depth within the team to manage the cup runs.

Squad | Finances

Club was tookover by new chairman, and injected 450k @ start of season. However, reputation of club does not attract crowd and imagine my average attendance was 422 and 4% by capacity! Kept within my wage budge but still in red for the whole season.

Islam Salme - last year player of the team, but was plague with injuries the whole season. Came back for a couple of game and out for 2 - 3 week. Even lost him @ the semi final of playoffs and out for 10-12 months. Guess I will need to let him go once his contract is up.

Liam Coyde - Saved by this young striker, not exactly the best but did his job when is required. Even scored and tie the final of playoffs. More to come from this fellow i hope.

Goal for next season!

• Really need to work on the $ (again!)
  • Cup runs to strengthen club $

Season         Division       Pos               FA Cup             Other Cup              Achievements
2012/13        BSS          5th(PL winner)   1st round        FA Trophy - 1st round        Promotion
2013/14        BSP          3rd(PL winner)   1st round        FA Trophy - 2nd round        Promotion

Hi

I have made a good start to the BSP but I have a slight problem a number of my players will only sign non-contract contracts which whilst this is great for club funds means they either get snapped up by other clubs (lost a keeper and two midfielders) or I am constantly offering a new contract (1 of my centre backs) each time he is approached by another club - so far he has resigned with me twice! Any ideas if there is something I can do to stop this or has anyone else had this problem. Every time I offer a permanent deal they say no and I have to renegotiate a non-contract deal!

Drew. FC United. Coca Cola Championship. 2016/2017

Table - This league ain't got nothing on us :lol: I think as far as easy goes, that was pretty much it, to get promoted is fantastic, to get to 100 points was even better, I have come to the conlcusion that my tactics are far too good for this league, whether it'll be good enough for the Premier League, I wont know until next season, but boy, am I excited.

Graph - There you go, proof that The Championsip was too easy for us this season, in the top 10 all season, but I am sure next season will be a different matter, coming up against the likes of Man City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea :D

Squad - Some stand out performances from the boys this season most notably Harald Meyer, signed whilst in League One, the German has been solid throughout the season, and I am confident he will make the step up next season; Lawrence Leek may not have the best stats, but he was solid as a rock this season, he will used as a backup next season, as I have a Barcelona kid coming in over the summer :p His partner Martin Hruska may not be the best technically, but f**k me, I love him, he was my favourite player this season, as far as ZOMG FANTASTIC!!1! goes, he was it, top top player; Sven Wieß he may be a kid, but wow, he dominated the centre of midfield all throughout the season, he will have a hard time next season, but I'm confident he will prevail.

I was going to include Phillip Foy, but decided to act like a little bitch and demanded a move :mad:

Transfers - Same old story, crap went out, awesome talent came in.

Finances - I'm thinking about all that money I'll get next season

Me

Aims for next season:

Stay up, for the love of god, stay up.

#84 – Hastings United – npower Football League Two – 2016/17 - 6th

Although in my view my team were probably good enough for automatic promotion, we fell short by 14 points finishing in the play-offs. A 6-1 win over Notts County at Wembley saw promotion secured in the play-offs anyway.

1617leaguetable.th.jpg

My star player was definately left-winger Tomas Kadlec who won the league two player of the season award. I was lucky to get him, my scouting range does not not extend outside the UK and Ireland but Newport County took him on a trial which allowed my to scout him (while he was in the country) and hence sign him.

1617kadlec.th.jpg

Two season ago my board announced construction of a 8889 capacity all seater stadium. The loan repayments have crippled the club but we will be moving into the new stadium in October so the extra fans through the gates might help.

1617facilities.th.jpg

I had a quick look at my reputation and there are several Blue Square South teams (and all the Blue Square Premier) with a higher reputation than me despite being in league one.

#86 - 2017/818 - Gilbster - North Ferriby - League 2 - End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Finances | Transfers

What a tough season. With turning professional, any wage budget I had, was used renewing existing players contracts onto full time, so that they would get some decent training and be able to compete. As a result, I could barely afford any other players into the squad, as obviously full time wages are around double that of the part time wages.

I got in a few loan players, and knew that the season would be tough. It ended up going down to the wire, in the last day of the season. Luckily, we managed to beat Coventry 4-1, and are still in League 2 for next season.

Aims

Sell any unhappy players, I'm sick of them complaining

Free up some wage budget for some good players, can always pad out squad with young players

Try and improve finances somehow

Avoid relegation again!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!
2017/18   L2          22nd    1st R       JPT1R, LC 1R           Survived on goal difference

Also my scouts just returned me this gem:

David Connolly

16 years old and in England's u19 squad, yet he has never been at a club before and was unattached. Very strange but I'm not complaining.

And, after a season when he made 20 appearances as a 17-year-old, he is moaning about first team football. Crazy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

#42 - Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2015/2016 - End of Season Review - L2 - 5th - PROMOTED Via Playoffs

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3Table

The League

Well this season started off as i expected, inconsistent form and a team which looked like they barely knew how to play football let alone a team that continually defies expectations. The season started with alot of frustration. We were losing matches we dominated and conceeding goals that would put sunday league footballers to shame. Our morale was not too bad, but we just couldnt put our passes together.

Some signings came in with massive expectations, and just didn't live up to their ability, players who were U21 internationals just couldn't find the back of the net, or play that through ball. It was nothing short of depressing.

Team meetings came and went, all of them (fortunately for me) were successful in raising morale, however that increase in morale never seemed to see a relevant increase in performance.

We were coming to the mid way point in the season, and it looked as if it was going to be a non event. We weren't bad enough to be worrying about relegation, and we were miles away from the play off places, in lots of respects i wished i could fast forward through the season and start afresh next campaign. After two losses, the most recent to Oxford away, an own goal from RB Todd Kane, and a dissapointing 0-1 scoreline, something happened.

Maybe it was my team talk, maybe it was a tweak to the starting line up, maybe it was just time they pulled their fingers out of their......Anyway, suddenly i had a victory, a 3-1 against Aldershot, followed next game by a 5-1 against accrington, in which Zac 'The Answer' Ansah found form to pull out a hat trick, followed by victory upon victory, culminating in one of the best runs of my mangerial career. FOURTEEN, yes 14 wins in a row saw us suddenly climb the table in tremendous fashion. Three games left and we were third in the league.......BUT THEN.....Zac Ansah got injured....our top goalscorer and best player...

For some reason the football gods decided they weren't going to let us gain 15 wins in a row. We went down 0-2 to Stockport (20th in the league) however we did manage to pull it back in the 2nd half to 2-2 and were still third, next game if we won we would be almost guranteed promotion. We drew again, the heartbreak of a 90th minute goal from Jamil Adam (Wrexham). Amazingly we were still third, playing 4th place Southend at home, a win would gurantee promotion, a draw would make us rely on other results. 0-0 with 75 minutes to go, other results showed that this would leave us in 4th place (The playoffs) we pushed forward, went all out attack, and conceeded a goal from a counter attack. The game ended 0-1, we had lost. We were down to 5th, and the play offs awaited.

The playoffs

We drew Aldershot in the Playoff Semis, was this fate? The same team we had started our amazing 14 win run against. We would play away at first, and i knew this was a slight disadvantage but it didn't matter.

We started off with a bang, a Jordan Robertson 2nd minute goal had the fans going wild. The game was back and forth from then on, they had shots followed by our counter movements. Before we knew it the 90 minute mark had came, after a goal to level from Aldershots Bevans on the 69 minute mark, and reply from george moncur on the 85th. We were set for a nice 2-1 victory when out of the blue David Martin scored for Aldershot, a lack of concentration maybe, i was furious....well until my mood changed, with 97 minutes on the clock Robertson scored again, to give us a vital win and to have me dancing on the touchline, we had a vital Victory!

Playoff Semis leg 1

We went into the second leg knowing we need a draw to get us through. Would i change tactics and play defensive? Or counter attack their every move.....WOULD I HECK!!!

Zac Ansah was back from Injury, and would start his first game. However it was Lee Carpenter from the Right Wing who would give us an early lead after 6 minutes. With 2 gaols in front, i decided to go to my backup tactic which was to counter their every move....well i wanted the win, and knew that if they scored i would have been tempted to attack attack attack, but i had to be smart, this was the future of Bury Town Football Club. It turns out that everything they threw at us was stopped by my excellent defense, Corbin Ong and co were on top form.

1-0 Was the final score and we were in the finals......against......SOUTHEND (The team who beat us on the last game of the season) Could this be fate? Would we get revenge, or would they dissapoint us again, and stop us another time from gaining promotion.

Playoff semis leg 2

Playoff Final

Southend, the team that had dissapointed us just over three weeks ago, and stopped us from gaining automatic promotion. Southend the only team to have beaten us since the start of february, Southend the team that i was desperate to teach a lesson, we were destined for the Premier League and the club that tried to take that dream away from us is a club that would pay.

An even game from the off, with both teams having chances. It was 0-0 and not the most exciting playoff final to ever happen. Half time was coming and we were just about the better team. At the stroke of half time we gained a free kick 30 yards out, Joe wright stepped up the plate. He played a beautiful ball in the box, plonked straight onto Robertsons head, who became man of the moment again as he put is in front just before the whistle was blown for half time. Time to counter attack again. I told the boys we were close enough to feel the trophy and to get out there and continue their good work. They DID NOT dissapoint, breaking down any Southend attacks and testing the opposition keeper, until the 63rd minute in which a Wright corner and a Corbin Ong header sealed Southends fate. 2-0 final score and we had got Revenge, sweet sweet Revenge, and we promoted and going to LEAGUE 1.

Playoff Final

The cups

The cups once again were not a goal for our club. League form is more important and i feel cups just clog up the fixture list. So once again we played mainly reserves, or players in need of fitness.

We got into the quarter finals of the Johnstones Paint Trophy North, but lost to L1 Bradford.

We lost in the first round of the Fa Cup away at BSP side Tamworth.

We were not too bothered about either result, and although the money from an FA cup run would be nice, i ultimately feel as though our success has been because of the lack of cup runs.

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Key Players

Zac Ansah - Once again Zac tops the list of key Players. Quite simple because when he plays the whole teams plays to a different level. 19 goals in 34 league starts and after having some time in the treatment room it was another pretty spectacular season from the youngster. Is showing signs of progress in training almost monthly, and my coaches are rating him more and more as each season progresses. Really want to keep him all the way until the premier league even if it is only as a cameo player.

Stijn Lourens - A good player, and he is part of 3 Cbs that i had to rotate, because of injury/suspension/calls ups. He is however a stunningly able player. Who has alot of potential and could be another one to stay with the club for some years. Over 40 games player for the club with a decent average rating and 4 goals to boot. Can also play RB where he has filled in from time to time.

Marco Appiani - A end of January signing, who has immense ability and potential, another one of 3 which i have and will have to continue to rotate. Played 10 games scored 3 goals and an Average Rating of 7.28, not bad at all. He has great stock coming from Milan, and having 2 first team apperances for them before he was let go.

Corbin Ong - Another player to feature AGAIN in the key player column. 38 games this season with 6 goals, and an average rating of 7.12, my captain and another player who i want to take as far with me as possible.

Michele Vitali - A guy i found without a contract in the Italy U20 squad. 20 games, 3 goals and 3 assists. Took him a while to settle but i persisted and gave him more chances and he eventually became a huge part of the first team. Hope he can fulfill his potential which could see him hang around at the club for years to come.

Lee Carpenter - Another guy who has featured here before and who is excelling in training. Has added to his wales caps and has had an amazing season from a MR (Winger) position. 10 goals and 16 assists in 49 games. A player who i never want to see leave the club, despite alot of interest. Now has 6 caps for wales and was voted Fans Player of the year.

Other News

I was Manager of the Year once again.

New Sponsorship deal worth 35k a year.

Over 10k extra wage budget for next season.

Next Seasons Aims

1. To continue to develop some of the young talent in the squad.

2. Keep our finances in the black for the entire season.

3. Would it be too much to ask for another promotion? I think with this squad....maybe not.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7249022#"]2013/14[/url]              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7277223#post7277223"]2014/15[/url]              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners
2015/16              League 2                            5th                        Playoff Winners

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2017/18 - BSP

brand.gif

Final Table (1st, promoted as champions)

This was a really emotional season. We were top for most of it and seemingly cruising (despite being predicted 24th), then four losses in a row in March seemed to have squashed the title challenge. However, we re-grouped and beat fellow contenders Lincoln, Walsall and Stockport in consecutive games to secure the title and league football next season.

The board announced plans for a new stadium, while I rejected approaches from Huddersfield and Swindon, relegated from the Premiership and Championship respectively. Both would've been interesting challenges in a different save.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost 2-5 at L2 side Cheltenham in the 1st Round.

FA Trophy - Lost 1-2 to BSS side Ebbsfleet in the 2nd round.

Aaron Carter - Another great season, despite poor attributes. I'll be looking to replace him for next season and keep him as a back-up.

Raymond Hanna - Another good campaign from the Ulsterman. Contributing seven assists from full back was a nice bonus.

Carl Barrett - Had a superb season, running the show in midfield. Led the league in assists and was flawless from the penalty spot.

Karim Annan - His season was wrecked by injuries, but when he did play he was electric. Always performed in the big games too.

Joakim Skaane - Sitting unattached in Norway's u21 squad after being released by Odd, he signed after a successful trial. Scored 16 in his first 15 games but tailed off a little after that. Still finished second in the league golden boot, scored against England's u21s and made Norway's preliminary World Cup squad. Nottingham Forest and West Ham seemed to maintain an interest in him throughout the season.

Next season...

Given I've been promoted ahead of schedule, anything above survival will be a bonus. I like L2 in this regard as there are only two relegation spots and seven promo/playoff ones. I'd like a better performance in the cups too, especially given my finances will take a hit with the new stadium.

----------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2015/16 - 1st Blue Square South (promoted as champions)

2016/17 - 8th Blue Square Premier

2017/18 - 1st Blue Square Premier (promoted as champions)

I had a quick look at my reputation and there are several Blue Square South teams (and all the Blue Square Premier) with a higher reputation than me despite being in league one.

I'm surprised by this since i'm in the same year in 2016/17, have just finished 14th, having only won the FA trophy up till now. Looked at my rep and i'm the lowest L2 side, there are 16 BSP sides, all bar 3 were ex-league sides like Carlisle, Luton, Tranmere etc. Only 1 BSS side is above me oddly that is Woking.

Edit: at start of 17/18 season there are only 11 BSP sides above me in rep and 1 L2 below me.

Also are there other factors involved in the rep of your club like managers rep and rep or ability of players at the club? Does it change when you buy or sell players?

G_D_K is right. :) Reputation doesn't change that quickly. Or put in another way, doesn't make that big leaps at a time. We're starting with teams with rep values way below who we're competing against so even winning promotion doesn't necessarily bump the rep up above or indeed to their level. Just keep pushing and it will/should eventually catch up.
When talking about rep, Leeds is probably a good example. Even when they were in league one, their rep would have been higher then most teams in the championship and even some in the prem. It takes a while for a club to build up a reputation and not to be looked at as a flash in the pan who'll disappear in 5 mins.

Archived