dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#17 spankie - St Albans City Season 2 BSS 2013-2014

Table - Squad - Transfers

A very good season overall, we were confirmed Champions after winning my 100th game in charge. We also got 100 points and scored 100 league goals, which is a remarkable coincidence.

Highlights of the season included getting to the first round of the FA Cup, beating BSN leaders Altrincham 7-0 away in the first leg of the FA Trophy Semi Final and winning the FA Trophy 1-0 against a strong BSP Newport County side.

Lowlights were the injuries. At one time 2 first team strikers were out with torn hamstrings and after they cam back another striker tore his calf and only started full training a few days before the FA Trophy final. One of the strikers with a torn thight muscle was injured 3 or 4 more times and playes 16 league games.

The squad is fairly bloated with quite a few players brought early in the first season and were soon found out to be not as full of potential as I thought. Most, if not all, of them will go in the summer when their contracts run out. I've got a few back up players who are decent but are asking too much money to renew their contracts. I also intend to see if I can shift a few under contract players out to get some cash into the club including the injury prone striker, I should be able to get some money for them.

Notable Players

Ashley Eastham - good defender and a danger at set pieces and fans player of the year.

Chris Shaw - deadly at taking corners.

Ryan Johnson - unlucky that he didn't play in more games. He was a loanee last season and I used the remaining transfer budget from last season to buy him. Hayes and Yeading do aslso have a very hefty sell on fee clause of 50%

Simon Hegarty - joined on a Bosman in January. I hope that he starts to settle in next season as he should be a great little deep lying playmaker.

The finances could be better. I had a £180k cash injection and the gate and TV receipts from the FA Trophy final but I'm still at least £100k in the red.

Aims for next season

1. Squad clear out - try to get to around 22 first team squad players.

2. Get the 3 or 4 players promoted from U18s out on loan to clubs where they will play.

3. Avoid relegation.

Drew. FC United. Coca Cola League Two. 2014/2015.

Table - After last seasons promotion, I was looking forward to maybe finishing around 13th-18th, but WOW! Never did I think that we'd get a third sucessive promotion, we were solid at the back, but didn't score too much, which resulted in a lot of draws for us, but hey, promotion is promotion.

Graph - Consistently in the top 10, but it wasn't until the last few games that we were able to make a push for the automatic places.

The Squad - Quite a few players came in during the summer, mostly trials that came in from Europe, for example, Yannik Heinrichs took over as the number one goalie, and had a very impressive season, very commanding between the posts; Lubomir Michalik arrived after his release from Carlisle, and his experience proved invaluable, I have him contracted for another season, so that will leave me with a lot of time to find a long term replacement; Boris Dubrongo was a monster on the right, proving to be a massive threat to other teams' back four, chipped in with a few goals and assists; Kudus Oyenuga continued what he did last season, banging in goals, I don't think he'll be up to League One standard so I'll look to bring in another striker in.

Transfers

Finances - The F.A. Cup once again proved to be a major source of revenue for this season.

Me

Aims for next season:

The teams in League One don't look to be that strong, so it'll be similar to League Two, so, with the addition of a few quality signings, I feel that we'll be able to hit the top 6 at least.

Just got drawn against Tottenham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (should we beat Morecambe in the replay), away too. Would be nice to go to White Hart Lane... Mind you, the players condition is dropping rapidly. Rest days arent necessarily cutting it with all the fixture congestion thanks to cup matches and replays.

Hendon - Blue Square Bet South - Winners - 2013-14

Great improvement on last season, managing to maintain first in the league from the end of September onwards, and as a result of this I also won manager of the season.

My centre backs Boakye and Bolger had pretty good seasons at both ends of the pitch, scoring 17 goals between them, whilst the team conceded 39 goals in the league. The wingers were probably the other key performers, especially Wright, who bagged 20 goals in all competitions.

Nothing really to speak of in the cups again getting knocked out of the fa cup in the first round and the fa trophy in the 3rd.

Unfortunately finances are still pretty terrible, firmly in the red, and the wage budget has actually been reduced by 200pw to 2.3k, although this is prior to pre season expectations. Probably gonna need to do better in the cups next year to try and help the situation, but I'm a bit worried about having the players to do well in the league on this budget.

Table - Past Positions - Squad - Fixtures 1 2 3 - Transfers

Just got drawn against Tottenham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (should we beat Morecambe in the replay), away too. Would be nice to go to White Hart Lane... Mind you, the players condition is dropping rapidly. Rest days arent necessarily cutting it with all the fixture congestion thanks to cup matches and replays.

0v0 at half time against the League 1 side was good and we looked in good shape, but the second half proved tougher on our weakened legs but we snatched a goal on the 60th, only for them to get one straight back. Their goal saw the play shift and we looked like losing, but extra time came along and we only went and won it with sub Lavery coming on after a few months out (broken foot) to seal the win and our trip to White Hart Line, as well as a healthy cash boost of £27.5k. That will pay the wages for the month.

Canvey Island Season Update 1 - 2012/2013 Blue Square South

Well after a pretty rough first 6 months, where I even considered restarting, we rallied to finish mid-table in 9th.

I went through a ton of players it seemed, very few of real worth.

Went out of the FA cup at the 3rd qualifying round to Bromley, and the 2nd round in the FA Trophy to Sutton Utd. So not much happening there either.

A bit of a strange one at the end of the season too. As I went to resign most of my players, they would only sign on non-contract basis. This has led to most of them being poached at the start of this season, and nothing I could do would get them to resign.

Along the lines of what has been mentioned earlier, my rep has dropped drastically, despite being named as the overachievers in the league this year. This seems to have led to the fact that most players that I didn't even feel were good enough last season, now won't even consider signing for me. So this season looks like being an even bigger struggle. I can see this being a game ender folks... :mad:

Goals for next season - Survival!!!! :(

So frustrating, not playing an attackign tactic but keep dominating games only to get a 1-0 loss :( grrrrrr

My strikers have good stats, including good composure, but in L2 they seem to have decided to create golden opportuniites only to fluff them :(

COME ON BURY SORT YASELF OUT!!

Just had my first job link. Obviously, I will be distancing myself.

GreyedOutMan, please see post #2257 for my 2nd season report.

Sorry I should have mentioned - we are looking into easier ways of doing the table because with so many entrants the updates are starting to take far too long! Will let you know when this has been explored.

Wingate & Finchley | Season 2012 - 13

|

What a season for The Blues! Managed to squeeze into the playoff @ last game of the season. Won the promotion all thanks to my star player! However, I am quite fearful to go up to BSBP in this state and get relegated next season.
:lol:

Reached 1st round and hope to get more $ from the cup run next season.

Did not perform as well for this cup, hope to get better result next season.

|

Totally in the red!
:lol:
Almost 400k, spend too much on wage even i kept within the limit. Had to free-xfer 2 x high wage for better players. Tried something different this time round with contract offer - I actually offered 2-3 yrs contract to players that might be suitable for beyond BSP.

Really need to introduce my star player -

He single-handedly carried the team 33 goals with 36 league appearances, not to speak he top both assist and goal in team. He is top scorer for league as well. Glad I sign him for 2 yrs and hope he can carry on with this in BSP

Goal for next season!

• Avoid relegation as I felt that the squad might not be prepared for BSP.

• Need to work on $ as I dun think I can carry on far with this kind of expenses.

• Good cup run!

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Season

[/TD]

[TD]Division

[/TD]

[TD]Pos

[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup

[/TD]

[TD]Other Cup

[/TD]

[TD]Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012/13

[/TD]

[TD]BSS

[/TD]

[TD]5th (Winner in play off)

[/TD]

[TD]Lost in 1st Rnd (v Horsham)

[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Rnd (v Kingstonian)

[/TD]

[TD]Won Promotion!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hey greyed out man.

Im number 42, and i think i have been putting 41 for some of my updates apologies.

basics are that i am now in L2 after coming in second in my second season in BSP and winning playoffs and fa trophy.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7222572#post7222572"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7249022#"]2013/14[/url]              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
2014/15              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2024/25

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Well, what a season. I found quite a few Under 21's available on free transfers so I signed them up, a few of my players were sold which helped us financially plus our groundshare with QPR also gave us extra income at the start of the season. I am going to invest in my facilities so we can have one of the best Youth set ups in the Country but that's going to take a few years. I am hoping in the next 6 or 7 seasons I can have a full Hendon grown squad to pick from. Also we are due an extra 6387 seats installed into our ground which is currently 6113 giving us an overall capacity of 12500, whilst this is being built we will groundshare at Craven Cottage, nice bit of money to start the season with!

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Survive in Premiership

*Get to a Cup Final and maybe Euro Qualification

Harrowborough.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2014/15 | Blue Square South

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

After a decent start, we had a poor run going into the new year putting us seemingly out of the realistic running for automatic promotion again. Then, out of nowhere, Jamie Tank went and signed for Hednesford. There was no build up, no news that he had accepted a deal, he just left on January 7th out of the blue! Luckily Jamie McCormack was on fantastic form and new signing Josh Williams was doing quite well. Then two key dates defined my season. On 10th January, we beat leaders Farnborough to go top of the league. From then on we fought really hard for promotion. On 14th March, I found myself 3 points behind then leaders Eastleigh, but unfortunately then lost comprehensively to them that day, and it looked like the chance of automatic promotion was gone.

Or was it? Four points behind with three games to go, suddenly Eastleigh lost a game, to lowly Chelmsford. Unfortunately at the same time, we desperately searched for but couldnt find a winner at Staines, and what seemed to be our last chance had gone. Three points behind with two games left but an inferior goal difference meant that realistically it looked completely over. And it was. But not without another twist. In the next game, half an hour in, I went 1-0 up, whilst Eastleigh were losing 1-0 at home to Staines, the team I had just dropped points against. Suddenly it was back on, and though our goal difference was vastly inferior still, it would mean a genuine chance on the last day. Going into half time, my lead had trebled, and Staines were still leading at Eastleigh. Our result secure, my eyes were glued to the score at Eastleigh for the entire 2nd half. Ten minutes to go, no change. Five to go, still we were locked on 90 points each. Realistically, a draw for Eastleigh wouldnt make much difference as the chances of them losing and Harrow drawing the last game were slim, but it felt huge nonetheless when the final whistles went and we were going into the last day on 90 points apiece. A goal difference lead of 17 for Eastleigh meant that simply we had to better their result. It wasnt in our hands, but it was certainly possible. I had planned to rest players on the last day, assuming that 2nd place would be secure but first beyond us. Of course, that changed completely the moment the final whistle went at Staines v Eastleigh. However, it wasnt to be. Eastleigh were 3-1 up at half time, and my players lost their fight in the 2nd half, knowing that even a winner wouldn't make any difference, and ended up drawing with Chelmsford.

The first, away leg of the playoff semi-final was a game of nine ninths. Eight dominated by us, and we led 2-0 with 10 minutes to go. However, we contrived to throw all this good work away by conceding twice in the last ten minutes to make the second leg a nail-biter at Earlsmead. In fact, it wasnt too bad - we scored quite early on and a second goal 10 minutes before the end rendered another late goal from Bath irrelevant. Ebbsfleet awaited in the final. This was the result, and what a relief it was!

Cup runs this year were annoying...the game against Hayes and Yeading was very close and we pushed hard for a 2nd round place, and the Cambridge defeat was not as bad as it looks - it was 0-0 with just 10 minutes to go.

Key Players

Matthew Patterson* - another season of free-scoring fun from Mat-Pat.

Jamie McCormack - after the dramatic loss of Tank, he really stepped up and had a great season.

Martin Carroll - not as naturally talented as Dadoo, but forced his way into the side ahead of him with sheer weight of performances.

Gerardo Bruna - great signing, was a key player.

Christian Nanetti - in some ways eclipsing his more illustrious partner on the other wing - 25 assists is amazing!

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI

I also won the Manager of the Season award.

Next season, survival is the be-all and the end-all. A cup run would be nice but if it's looking tight down at the bottom, I might well rest players in the cups.

Targets for 2014/15

Push for an automatic promotion place. SUCCESS - I didnt get the automatic place but it was very close and I did eventually get promoted!

Keep the squad together. SUCCESS - just about - some hairy moments, especially losing Tank without warning. But most of my key players have signed contract extensions.

Keep wages under control as the squad is pretty good now. SUCCESS - my finances have started to flatline after going steadily downwards for ages. Smaller squad was the secret!

Targets for 2015/16

Survival

Get in a couple of League 2 level players

Put pressure on the board to make us into a bigger club by extending coaching facilities/scouting networks etc - and this starteed in May without my even having to ask, with the board deciding to build a new stadium. This will hamper my finances seriously for a few years, costing £4.1m or rather £11k a month for 15 years, but Harrow Stadium will hopefully prove expandable and thus not simply a money-sink.

In other news, Chelsea retained the Premiership title, whilst unbelievably, Huddersfield won the FA Cup for the first time since 1922. Man Utd lost to Real Madrid in the Champions League final in Lisbon.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7287208&viewfull=1#post7287208]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
2014/15	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.

My chairman has just sold my best full-back for £1.7m (After selling our best midfielder for £850k last season). Not a smart move as we're in the running for a playoff place in the Championship!

Typical greedy chairman. That annoys me so much, but I guess it's something you have to deal with :( Good luck without him, though.

I'll take 17th I think!

Be happy witth 17th now? aha. Fantastic win, though. More of the same and I'm sure you'll stay in the top flight.

The team has really struggled this season, looked poor in defence and cant score so i've imported my tactics from last year and tweaked it a bit as the players aren't at the same high standard. Its beginning to pay dividends though as results have picked up.

#86 - Gilbster - North Ferriby - BSP - 2016/17 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

During the summer, I was offered my first real money transfer for a player, which I turned down as he had been my start goalie for years. However the day after the transfer window and a few weeks after that he complained bitterly about wanting to move to a larger club, wanting to be allowed to talk to other clubs etc.. so I offered him out, and got £50k for him in the January window. I then spent a couple of months trying to find a half decent replacement. What really worried me was that we had an amazing run of form to start the season, as I just hoped the first half would be enough to keep us in a decent position.

I was even allowed to change my season expectations in January as I was performing so well, so I picked the next one up, just as it gave me more wage budget, and didnt put too much more pressure on me. I promised mid-table, and I'd like to think the board and supporters will be happy with my final position.

Unforunately our cup form wasnt anyhwere near as good as I would have liked, and Boston Utd (BSN) knocked me out of both competitions.

Overall a really good season, who wouldnt be happy with automatic promotion, and very few losses.

Aims:

Replace original ass man with anyone better

Dont go into too much debt with professional contracts, presuming we do turn pro

Get in a few more stronger players, but not to disrupt the squad too much

Dont get relegated!!!!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!

ALMOST BROKE THE GAME AND MY LAPTOP HERE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lost 1-0 after dominating from start to finish. I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR/

/Rant and end of FM for the night!!

Reputation is seriously messed up this year. I've been promoted to the BSP now but my reputation is not only below every team in the BSN and BSS, but also below many teams below that - and indeed many teams who arent even in the level below the BSN/BSS and thus available for this challenge such as Concord Rangers....

#104 bennyd81| Marine AFC | Season 2011/12 | Blue Square South

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Final Table

Play Off Final

A dramatic season, which finished in the most dramatic of ways a penalty shoo out victory in the play off final. I was comfortably the top scoring team in the league, but shipped too many goals at the back to challenge AFC Telford at any point. Still a very good season, as mid-table safety had been my aim at the start.

Key Players

Ben Williamson - The Blue Square North player of the year and top scorer. Previously at Port Vale, I bought him in on a free at the start of the year. With 29 league goals and 11 assists, easily my best player.

Stefan Oakes - Bought in as my player/coach to provide some extra class to my midfield. Even at 35 he bossed games at this level, contributing 23 assists to his team mates.

Cameron Lancaster - Previously of Tottenham's youth set up, Lancaster arrived in January, and formed a lethal partnership with Williamson in the second half of the season.

I was also able to win Manager of the Season

Aims for next Season

Survive my first year in the Blue Square Premier

Build the base of a side, in preparation for a play off push next season

Stay financially viable during the boards planned stadium expansion

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         2nd     1st R       FAT 3rd Qual              Promoted via Playoffs

GET IN. Stockport just lost and i'm still to play tomorrow!! come on boys!

Bummer, we lost too :( will have to see what the final day has in store

Looks like if i'm to go up it's via the playoffs after a win on the final day wasn't enough

This game is putting me through the ringer! tight in the semi final play off !

After having rejected plymouths approach for me as manager on the day of the fa trophy final we go on to lose to crewe and are unable to defend our trophy, just days before facing them again in the play off final.

Fortunately it's second time lucky as we ensure promotion! Bit tense after their second!

Grats Menace on the promotion! League football. Yum.

It's been a strange season for me. Our second year is looking promising as we head towards the end of the season. We got off a little slow initially, but soon ignited and we were quite literally unbeatable in the league for some considerable time and when we did lose, it would only be our second defeat in what is now 29 games. But it feels a lot harder than a coast in the park as it appears, with a lot of narrower wins in the first half of the season and 11 draws, not to mention the cups that wore us down. It's been a massive turnaround on last year and its nice to see our strikers scoring more this side of the season. We remain 2nd behind Salisbury who have won 20 and drawn 5 in their 30 games. Here's hoping our end of year push will snatch it off them for automatic promotion!

Reputation is seriously messed up this year. I've been promoted to the BSP now but my reputation is not only below every team in the BSN and BSS, but also below many teams below that - and indeed many teams who arent even in the level below the BSN/BSS and thus available for this challenge such as Concord Rangers....

Like I mentioned earlier, it's really got me doubting about whether or not to continue on for now, or go back to my FM11 save for a while. No word from Stu on it yet either, as I'm sure this isn't going to be an easy fix. :/

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2016/17 - BSP

brand.gif

Final Table (8th)

Certainly a successful season. Started well, had a blip which pushed me towards the bottom four, but rescued it for a top-half finish, with five straight wins to finish the season pushing me up from 16th to 8th.

I actually had the second best defensive record in the league, the best goal difference outside the top two and only two teams lost less games than we did. However I also had the most draws and it was the inability to turn a point into three which cost me a playoff spot. Still, I can't remember many sides outplaying me and I had some big away wins (Stockport, Darlington, Crewe, Burton and Bury) to show I can mix it with the professional clubs.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost 0-3 at L1 side Charlton in the 1st Round, after taking them to a replay.

FA Trophy - Lost 0-2 at BSN side Welling in the 1st round. Disappointing but was right in the middle of my worst patch of the season.

Key Players

I'd list my whole first team squad if I could, as no one let me down and all my key players made the step up easily.

Simon Parmenter - Was very solid in his first season as captain, and continues to develop as a quality centre-half.

Carl Barrett - Had a very good first season at the club, although a few injury issues.

Karim Annan - Didn't join until late January but was electric when he did after a successful trial. He is a right-footed left winger which let to him cutting in to devastating effect, and he scored some belting goals -

and

Paul Goodyear - Youth product found the step up fairly comfortable, and notched 13 league assists playing mainly down the right.

Laurence Benjamin - Another who didn't have any issue with the step up, playing on the left and up front. Marked his 150th club appearance with a goal.

Jack Harper - I played him in a deeper role due to his lack of pace, and he responded with numerous assists while still scoring semi-regularly. Yet to miss a penalty for the club in three seasons.

Darren Thomas - Released from the Everton youth team, he was my top scorer playing next to Harper in an advanced role.

Next season...

I'm eyeing off a playoff spot but another top ten finish would be a great follow-up. Improving home form is key too, as my away form was as good as I failed to win 14 of my 23 fixtures at Park Lane (9-9-5).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2015/16 - 1st Blue Square South (promoted as champions)

2016/17 - 8th Blue Square Premier

Archived