dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gypsum's Worksop town - League 1 - 2016/17

League position: 1st / Position chart

FA Cup: 4th round

Transfers - The £850k sale of Duarte (against my will!) is the obvious headline here!

Finances - All money from the sale of Duarte disappeared when our board needed to upgrade the seating capacity of our stadium.

General squad info

Star players:

1- Jonas Pettersson - Our club captain now has 50 goals in his 81 league games with us.

2- Zlatko Rozman - The Croatian centre-back joined us on a free and marshalled the defence all season.

3- Andreas Lerby - A Danish centre-back who only joined us in January, but had a huge impact.

Notable mentions: Derek Wright - A Chelsea youth product who we signed from Sheffield Wednesday on a free. Ricardo Duarte - The Portuguese midfielder signed for us on a free and was clearly too good for League 1. The chairman sold him for £850k to Championship Norwich in January.

Other information: With the need to increase our seating capacity to meet with Championship regulation, we will be temporarily playing our games at Doncaster's Keepmoat stadium.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Moved into new stadium / Playoff winners 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7285863&viewfull=1#post7285863"]2016/17[/url]              League 1                             1st                        FA Cup 4th round

Congrats Gypsum - out of interest, what's the deal with your ground expansion? What are you going from and to? I'm interested because I clinched promotion from League One last night with Carshalton. From memory I have 8k capacity but only 2k seats.

#9 Darren Parker - Hastings United Season 13/14

hastingsutd-1.png

Season Summary: A tough season, going out early in both cups, and struggling with some indifferent performances and a number of injuries. Blue Square South survival was only guaranteed after the penultamate game of the season. Finished in 18th place. Finances are becomming a major problem, and my wage budget for next season has now been reduced again to £2200 p/w. I have earmarked a number of players who I feel will make my team more formidable, but I am not sure whether the wage restrictions will allow me to bring in all those that I want.

League Table

Finances

Transfers

Player of The Year

Young Player of The Year

The highlight so far has been this seasons young player of the year, Scott Haworth. Plucked from the youth intake at the end of last season, he has made an immediate impact. Here's hoping I can keep hold of him for a few seasons yet.

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Hastings United               England           Blue Square South            13th                    Manager of The Year 
2013/14    Hastings United               England           Blue Square South            18th                                  

Congrats Gypsum - out of interest, what's the deal with your ground expansion? What are you going from and to? I'm interested because I clinched promotion from League One last night with Carshalton. From memory I have 8k capacity but only 2k seats.

It was 6255 capacity, with I think around 1500 seats, and they're adding 3692 seats. So I assume it's going to be all-seater with a reduced capacity, because I think Championship grounds have to be all-seater after the 2012/13 season.

It was 6255 capacity, with I think around 1500 seats, and they're adding 3692 seats. So I assume it's going to be all-seater with a reduced capacity, because I think Championship grounds have to be all-seater after the 2012/13 season.

Interesting, thanks. See you in the Prem!

I see there are a lot of people storming through it. I'm still slowly getting through my first year in charge of Hitchin! Sitting not so comfortably in 18th (1 point from the drop), we have just seven games left. It's tight at the bottom, 21st place on 35 points and up to 13th on 42 points. A last gasp push should keep us from the drop, but we've been poor all season, conceding far to many goals.

With practically the whole squad about to run out of contract at the end of the season (27 players, actually), I have decided that a complete rebuild in the off season is exactly what we need. I might keep just a couple of our 'star' players, but that's all. Here goes to staying up.

END OF THE SEASON

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTCgECnwFRq3AVDwPZsDwj-Isypj1SCY_6mYY5TpDBz6vSni8mex6595zTjw

#58 – Bradford Park Avenue – Blue Square Bet North – 2013/14 - 5th - Promotion via Playoffs

I'm very happy that I have managed to win the playoffs, from 5th position this season. I read a number of things on the forums that are helpful to a Football Manager. If I had known how useful these things were, I could have won the league, but I am happy to promote via the playoffs anyway.

League*http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933521354/37B2AD77CBDC9E24AC6E8FDAB51E6D05191969A7/

Finances – Very poor, currently £216k in the red, I'm yet to have a meaningful cup run, but let's see what happens next season.

Squad – Much better this season, I have a strong goalkeeper in Karius, who managed to achieve 13 clean sheets in the league this season. Still strong at left back and right back (they finished 1st and 2nd in the league in tackles/game chart) and in central midfield. Whilst weaker in central defence and left wing. I also have four strikers that are dangerous, a combined 48 goals between them.

Key Player Profiles

Matthew Paterson – Finished the season with 16 goals, my teams highest and the equal 6th highest in the league.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933605774/E8813F8CE23047F8DC65A713648380FF7EEF971E/

Loris Karius – Goalkeeper, Had a much better 2nd season, achieving 12 league clean sheets. Will be interesting to see how long I can keep him for. Also picked up 2 assists, with route 1 football.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933690686/424C3CA57847E587F28B47AC16596E20D27A6062/

Hard to pick a 3rd star, each player has contributed at a key time, or looked dangerous throughout the season, with no player being dragged through the season.

Conor Smith – I guess I will say this guy, very dangerous player. My 2nd highest goal scorer and 2nd highest assist maker (3rd highest amongst strikers in the league). Unfortunately he missed the final through injury.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933816434/67772A2369E8FD9216C4601B74798FECAFF8C24D/

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Bradford PA                England                   Blue Square North      15th
2013/14    Bradford PA                England                   Blue Square North      5th                       Promotion via playoffs

Next Season

Achieve safety

Improve the finances

Build upon squad foundations

Transfers:http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933859091/0909D1D020843FD4A5561318016561DFBAE4B019/

Fixtures:*http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933881905/20DCE4644837AC6A3D3150DFB8120CC74895767B/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933886721/351129D0DF4F4A6270C4BA551FAE696B29F05BA2/

Squad:*http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933912914/821834B9265A6E9D855025381AC3ED81FFC22FA1/

League Progress: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613841548933929565/9363568A9AC8E7B79131E26722B4501BFA95BC9D/

[h=2]#99 - menace- Hitchin Town Season Review[/h]

Hitchin Town Season Review 2012/13 - BSS

Prediction: 22th

Finish: 1st

|
|
|

Amazing second season on the pitch, weirdly this season plying my trade in the South(which is right - not sure why it would swap though), team played well all season adding together a decent fa cup run (3rd round - smashed by qpr) with consistent form in the league. Defence played brilliantly all season, conceding the least amount of goals in the league. With the forwards chipping in with about 70 goals, leaving a decent goal difference. Finishing the season needing a win to clinch the title in my 100th game in charge, was just magical!

Unfortunately with the promotion comes harder challenges made even harder by the fact that even spending the whole of last season under the wage budget still couldn't turn a profit and am still heavily in debt, this mainly due to the stadium expansion (a whole 500) coasting 150k. This seasons wage budget is set to lower than last year which isn't good so if i can stay up it'll be a miracle as i have a truly awful midfield.

#2 Worksop BSP 2015/16

Table

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

FA Trophy - winners

Season started a bit slowly but the team soon gelled and by 15 games were in the playoff positions where it hovered around for most of the season. A good late surge meant the team qualified with 3 games to go. Post Vale were however always way ahead of the rest. In the playoff semi i drew 2-2 away before winning 3-0 at home with 2 late goals. In the final i was under a lot of pressure but held out to go up.

In the FA cup i beat L1 Exeter 3-1 away before beating Port Vale at home. I was disappointed to go out to L2 Burton in the 3rd Rd.

In the FA trophy i had a couple of tough games against Port Vale and Tranmere but faced BSS Hayes in the final which i just about won.

With promotion the club has gone professional, i hope a few players can be put onto FT contracts because some can really improve. The training facilities will be upgraded for the first time. The 5130 stadium was completed at the start of the season although only once more than 1/3rd full, the board is converting 1750 into seats to meet league standards at a cost of 210K

Transfers

Most of the team did well with perhaps 3 standout players:

Scapuzzi scored 29 goals in all competitions and with 13 assists provided a real cutting edge after a slow start to the season.

Selnaes is my best player and can play anywhere in midfield, however he has poor physical attributes and rarely lasts more than 70 mins, also injury prone he played only 29 games in the season.

Bule - only signed in jan and played just 10 games before a broken leg. averaged 7.37 in those games and really galvanised the team for the 2nd half of the season.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    Promoted via playoffs
2014/15        BSP           6th          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                    None
2015/16        BSP           2nd          3rd Rd            FA Trophy - Winners          N/A                    Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy winners

Harrowborough.png

Harrow Borough | Season 2013/14 | Blue Square South

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | | Transfers1 | Transfers2

A frustrating first half of the season littered with dropped points in injury time, including an incredible game where, having been 4-1 down, Patterson scored all five goals to put us 5-4 ahead, only for Salisbury to break Harrow hearts by scoring the latest of late equalisers. However, in the 2nd half of the season, things seriously picked up and soon - at the start of March - we were comfortably in the playoff places. Automatic promotion was never really a possibility - Woking had run away with the title and at the same time had a 9 point lead over 2nd place Welling with three games in hand. Had we started the season as we finished it, we would have pushed them very close, I am sure. I won my first manager of the month award for March which demonstrated how our hold on a playoff place strengthened - indeed, from March 15th, we broke a record by winning 7 games in a row, and I retained the award in April. Going into the last game of the season, I was two points ahead of Welling so I risked dropping a few players, which dramatically backfired, as I lost 2-0 to Salisbury, setting up a playoff semi-final meeting with them rather than Eastleigh.

This time, we turned them over, winning the tie 3-1, but the final, played at Welling's ground, was a disappointment, with extra time proving to be the final half-hour of football of our season.

Still, it was a huge step forward, and we were named as the overachievers of the season.

Cup runs this year were unremarkable in the extreme.

Key Players

Enric Valles - the missing ingredient. Did so well for us, and was the reason we reached the playoffs this year. Unfortunately his wage demands were obscene so I cashed in and he'll be moved on for a small fee in the summer. However, I do have an impressive replacement already.

Matthew Patterson - the vital free-scoring striker didnt miss many.

Jamie Tank* - getting (literally) stronger and stronger, will be the bed-rock of my defence at least until we get into League Two.

Christian Nanetti - very consistent throughout the season.

Jamie McCormack - Tank's impressive lieutenant.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI

Next season, I will be looking to improve the squad and push for automatic promotion. I dont want to go through the horrors of the playoffs again!

Targets for 2013/14

Obtain a positive goal difference. Sounds odd but we were quite close this year until right at the end so that push from negative to positive would be a good step. SUCCESS

Top half finish. SHOULD follow if we do get a positive goal difference. SUCCESS

Sign at least one player who will have an AvR of over 7. SUCCESS - several times over!

Targets for 2014/15

Push for an automatic promotion place.

Keep the squad together.

Keep wages under control as the squad is pretty good now.

In other news,

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7278263&viewfull=1#post7278263]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
2013/14	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.

PS Could I add my usual plea to the end of my post - anyone who gets a moment, if you could check the table on the first page whenever you can it would make my life easier. Just check the numbers at the bottom beneath the table add up, really, and let me know if I've missed any posts!

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2018/19 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

I apologize for the lack of certain screenshots in this update, but since I was away the last weekend at a place with limited Internet connection I was unable to give an update when I wanted it. So the screenshots here is a bit into the new season and might be lacking some information.

This season turned out great! We managed to get another promotion, now into Championship! Far more than I could ever hope for, but a great achievement for the team. It was close though as we were in 3rd before the last match, but only on goal difference behind Shrewsbury. We were up at home against Portsmouth while Shrewsbury met Barnsley at home as well. I was disappointment when we only managed a goal less draw, but to my amazement Barnsley managed a 0-1 win at Greenhouse Meadow. This ment we were up! We actually deserved it, since we were running away with along Doncaster untill we hit a major slump around Christmas, we slid down below the play off spots as we struggled to find the net. Luckily we started scoring again, and a great finish saw us up again.

Financially we are still struggling we are losing money every month since we only have a 5k stadium. I've been trying to get the board to expand it, but they are clear on the fact that we don't have the money. Still, allmost every match is a sell-out and we could have been making much more every match. Now, as the promotion is a fact, the board has agreed to expand the stadium.....or so I though. The are turning the rest of our stadium into seats! So our capacity will remain the same! But the good part here is that we will be loaning Watfords stadium for about half the season while the work is in progress. It's current capacity is about 17k, so we are likely going to make quite the buck compaired to what we are at the moment.

Most likely I need to completely revamp the squad. Many players have had golden agreements where they get a major payrise each promotion and some are getting far more than they deserve. So I expect a big clearance and loads of new players this pre-season.

Now, bring on Championship!

Season         Division             Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table
2015/16        Blue Square Premier  1st        Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/17        League Two           4th        Lost play off, JPT winners
2017/18        League Two           1st        Champions
2018/19        League One           2nd        Promotion

GreyedOutMan - that looks like an improvement over last year, tough luck on the playoff final - do you follow advice on next oppo. I tend to do so now and its proved invaluable when he suggests defensive positioning as i've won most games against the hard teams like in the BSP playoff final.

Tank isn't rated very highly or Valles was at L1 level. I had Nanetti playing as Truro last year, his attributes were much the same, he was a fantastic player scoring loads from the wings and seemly setting up all the other chances, was rated at championship level by my coaches but not as high this year by the looks of it

#6 Hitchin - Season Update 10 - npower Championship - 2021/22

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

Manager of the Year Runner Up

An extremely pleasing season, which ended with auto promotion as we finished second. The few transfers we got in this season, who became first team players made a really big difference. Championship was alot easier than L1, I reckon this is due to being allowed to scout in Europe. Alot of new players signed, mostly young germans. Depending on how they will develop, I just hope some money can be made on selling them early in their career. Newcastle won the league, and none of the teams had a chance to compete with them, they were simply just too good. Still missing a solid keeper and a good left winger, and will be anxious to see how our attack can perform next season. May have to change to 4-4-1-1 due to lack of a good strikers.

Cups:

Fa Cup: Our first good run here saw us exit in the semi finals. We entered in 3rd rnd and beat Reading 2-0 home. 4th rnd Cardiff 2-2 home, 2-1 away. 5th rnd Wes Brom 2-1 away. 6th rnd Birmingham 0-0 away, 2-1 home. and then heavily lost 4-1 to Watford in the semi finals.

LC: 2nd rnd win 3-1 away to Wycombe and lost 3-1 away to Sunderland in 3rd rnd.

Players of the season (and new notable young prospects)

DEF:

- Carl Flynn: Still back bone of our defense.

- Daniel Rudwaleit: New signing previously Mainz. Young good prospect, one of the new signing who became first team regular.

- Eric Hernandez: New signing previously Bastia. Looks amazing. Currently in training to play DL for next season.

- Venusté Bola: New signing previously Swindon: Really happy with his performances this season and look forward to see him in next.

- Philipp Neumann: New signing previously Gladbach. Excellent prospect, will share more plytime with Rudwaleit next season.

MID:

- Marcos Costa: Still MVP and another amazing season for him.

- Manuel Mrmic: Really starting to become a great player. Did want to use him as winger, but he plays really well as MC.

- Ibrahim Turan: New signing previously Hertha BSC. High hopes for this one, second new signing that made first team regular.

ATT:

- Jimmie Andersson: Only striker that was "consistant" over the season, but still a vital player for us.

The next names are all new signings, that as mentioned earlier, I hope can mature and become good for us, or atleast a nice income in the future.

Jürgen Weiler - Stephan Lange - Frank Wagner

Board expanding our stadium with 7148 seats, making our new stadium a 12500 seater, as min requirements for PRM. At the same time, they put us 8mill in the red..

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted
2019/20 L1	3rd rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Q/F S	 6th		None
2020/21	L1	1st rnd		LC Q/F		JPT Q/F S	 1st		Promoted, +4014 seats
2021/22	CH	Semi Final	LC 2nd rnd	N/A		 2nd		Auto Promoted, +7148 seats (12.500 total)

Grats Menace and the Baker on the promotions. It's alright for some, eh! I've now slipped into the bottom three for the first time this year with just three games to go. Oh dear.

Cheers dude. Never fear mate the canaries are battlers, they'll see you through!

Decent start to life in the BSP, currently sitting in 7th after 8 games, it would appear my defence is still pretty solid at this level (appart from a 5-1 thrashing at kidderminster!), but creating and scoring goals is a bit harder. Will be happy with mid table though!

tablej.pngsquadut.pngboardmt.png

End Of Season Update 2012/13 | Blue Square South

(Above image has direct links to screenshots - Table&Graph/Squad/Board&Finances)

A long year ended not as I had hoped. Initially, I didnt expect much but a reasonable finish and some good results but instead I found my squad to be struggling for results. Initially we started ok with a nice unbeaten stretch of 9 games consisting of 4 wins. I figured this was a good start for our side but it soon began to slide. A defeat in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round saw us fall on hard times, going a total of 13 games without a win with 7 defeats on the trot. The end of the season proved little better with defeats rolling on. Thankfully the odd win throughout the last months game us just enough to stay up. Finishing 17th with 44 points was just three above the drop zone and it could easily have been us. The end of year break will see practically the entire club stripped down to just bones with over 20 players set to leave us. A complete re-build is needed.

In all, 17th place is better than an immediate return and allows me to build an entire new team to challenge higher up the league, preferably securing a playoff spot next year along with promotion as our finances are destroying the club slowly but surely. An entire rebuild will allow us to re-focus our wage budget.

In terms of key players, there weren't many. Perhaps Lewis Powell and Sam Kelly were ones to note having scored many of the goals that ultimately kept us up. Chaffey is worth a mention too. Whilst considerably poor in terms of attributes, he put in some outstanding performances on the pitch.

Objectives

Rebuild the squad from the ground up to create a playoff challenging squad.

Finish at least in the top half of the table.

Sign at least one 'superstar' player (ie; capable of playing somewhere much better than at Hitchin and consistently achieves high ratings)

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	    Blue Square South        17th       44       N/A

Just signed a swedish coach and found the extra knowledge has resulted in a whole host of really excellent young italian and german players appearing on the player search screen. None will join me yet but if i wait 6 months maybe some will.

[/center]Loving the image, nice work. Congrats on beating the drop.

Thanks, glad you like it. Hopefully this year will be significantly better though.

DeadPanda - well done on beating the drop, you have a lot of 4 or 5 star players, i'm guessing they are equally rubbish rather than all excellent. Great work on the table and squad image :)

Thanks, I think 'equally rubbish' describes it well. Their potential rating was quite good in a few cases but currently, their ability was not nearly good enough to challenge high up the table. The team ranked just about bottom on every part of the team comparison tab and with all the players' contracts running out this June and none of the good ones wanting to re-sign for 'sensible' wages, I've pretty much had an entire clear out.

63 jskovc

So just an update after my second season. Last season, we in Bedford just only survived from relegation in BSN. So then i let the most of the team go on transfer free, and started to build up a quite new team, (and with great succes). The goals in the season, was again just to survive in BSN, to get to the third qual round in FA Cup, an to get some experience in the FA Trophy. And we made succes in all three goals. In the FA Cup, we where first beaten in the third round against Chelsea (0-7). In the FA Trophy we where beaten in first round, on penalty against Lowestoft. And in the BSN we where hitting the big streak, and ended 3rd, and got promotion in the playoff final, with a 4-2 victory against Chester.

Stafford Rangers- End Of Season Review- 2014/15

Participant Number 54

League Status

Final Position- 14th

Media Prediction- 21st

Again another mixed start, which saw me 5th for a brief moment but as with the usual Stafford Rangers way we fumbled and dropped points like they were hot plates.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at203221.png

Nevertheless I please the board once more with a mid table finish, after they gave me their aim of avoiding relegation again, I was rather ticked off after having survived now for two seasons in a row. I was expecting them to show me a little more faith but nope. So instead I agreed with them that I could push for a mid table if they up my wage budget by £150 a week! They did!

I didn't disappoint, however here is my progress throughout the season so you can see at what game did it all turn around.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at203252.png

We started great but overall the winter season doomed us, we do not play well around Christmas time, I wish to change this just have to figure out how. Maybe go more defensive around that time of year? Who knows.

Here is my usual goal analysis

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at202653.png

Cup Status

Again I pushed for the cup status, merely for the funding. When your a little team like us, every little helps by getting as far in to it as possible. The big pay out when you get a big team to visit your ground. Sadly it hasn't happened for me yet! But it will

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at202832.png

My aim for cup status next season is to try at least get into the First Round of the FA Cup and gradually progress further into the FA Trophy! I need some silverware to my name to warrant being down in BSN for so long.

Transfers

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at202547.png

14 players in total were brought in this season, as you can see the usual panic buys in February to try and gain some crucial points as to not risk dropping further down the table.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at202601.png

Some loses due to greedy bastards wanting more money but no-one really gutting, but Michael Lea and Elliot Johnson will be missed in my defense but I'm sure they will be replaced.

The talent behind my signings the best by a long way off being the Swede Samuel Adjei, I recommend him to many after he scored 14goals for me this season, he had his fair share of goal droughts. But the season would of been far dire without him upfront!

The flop this season, none of my signings have been flops but some are very much till trying to break into the first team so for now I am happy with them, Jamar Dobson has proved to be pretty decent on the pitch but a bad attitude towards the fans means they dislike him. And are worried his status here at the club will doom our morale.

Finances

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-11-08at205828.png

Not much to say about these as I don't handle them, I get given a wage budget and I try not to go over it. If I ever do, players will be axed and dropped to a minimum deal to keep the club above water.

So with this season at a close.......

Aims for Next Season

*Achieve a stronger mid table finish and push for late play off spot

*Discover the essence of why we perform so badly at Christmas time

*Have a Christmas Number 1?!? Maybe it's on the cards,

*And finally First Round of FA Cup

#84 – Hastings United – Npower Football League Two – 2015/16 - 10th

1516leaguetable.th.jpg

In fairness, 10th place was probably flattering. I was looking over my shoulder for the majority of the season as the relegation zone was rarely far away. A run of good form towards the tail end of the season allowed me to climb the table and finish in what looks like a comfortable midtable position.

My best player was probably target man Luke Webster who hit 17 goals.

1516webster.th.jpg

Close season signing Chris Hogg should help shore up a ropey defence.

1516hogg.th.jpg

#86 - Gilbster - 2014/15 - North Ferriby - BSP - End of Season Update

Table | Pos | Squad | Finances | Transfers

We started the season by moving into our new stadium. I just hope that as we eventually move up the system, that it will be expandable, or else its the biggest money sink I've ever seen.

Unfortunately due to my wage budget shrinking yet again, and my board being strict and vetoing almost every signing I tried to make, as it would break the budget, I only got in 3 more players. I am fearful for next season, as I cant renew contracts without money, so will probably struggle big time or have to rebuilt from scratch.

Our league form was marginally better than last season, a bit more consistent, however must have been fined at least 3 or 4 times in season, for too many players getting yellow cards in a match. This cant continue!

We managed to put together a couple of good cup runs, to FA Cup 2nd Round, and FA Trophy Quarter Finals.

Aims

Rebuild squad from scratch

Improve on league position and hopefully push for playoffs

If above fails, just stay in this division!

Improve finances somehow!

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay

I've had that every season

Had to play with half my youth team, but managed to scrap together a 2-1 win. Youth player with a snowballs chance in hell to get a career scored! :lol:

St. Albans – Blue Square South - 2012/13

My aim for the first season was to survive.

League Table

League Positions Graph

After the first 4 league games I thought this would be the season where I didn’t won a single game. I changed the tactic and it worked.

FA Cup- Not good enough. Will try to improve next season.

FA Trophy– Don’t care.

Squad – For the first time in this challenge am I actually rather pleased with my defense but I really need to work on my attack.

Transfers– Didn’t sign that many, because surprisingly some of the players that were already at St. Albans were decent. Meade has just signed as a new defender for the next season. At same level as La’Vere Corbin-Ong.

Finances - Ended up £63k in the red. Losing way too much at player wages. No income at gate receipts.

Key Player Profiles:

Dexter Ravenhill – Topscorer this season with only 11 goals.

Courtney Meppen-Walters – Bought him in November and did quite good.

La’Vere Corbin-Ong – The reason that my defense did okay. He was also the best rated player according to average rating.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   BSS                     9th         n/a

Next Season

Need to improve the attack. If I can sort this out I think my team is good enough for at least play-off. And somehow I want to get more attendances, but I just don’t know how to improve here.

Manager 44 reporting for duty.

Carshalton Athetic - Season 2015/2016 - League One

sponsored by Sports Direct

Final position: 1st

Table

Transfers

We paid money for our first ever player

FA Cup: Lost 5-1 at home to.... ASTON VILLA.

League Cup - 6-2 fourth round hammering at home to Aston Villa, AGAIN! That's two years in a row.Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Won the final 2-1 against Doncaster

Best result: 6-1 win at Millwall in the League

Worst result: Villa above

Top goalscorer: Adil Nabi 32 (25 in the league)

Most assists: 21 Adil Nabi

Highest Average rating: 7.43 Adil Nabi

2016-17 Season Review:

Another surprisingly straight forward season. Cup runs were a welcome diversion.

Infrastructure

£1.3m agreed to be spent on both our training and youth facilities. That was cancelled at the end of season. We have a ground expansion to become all seater about to be performed, but we are moving to share with Sutton United while it completes. Their ground isn't fit for League Two, let alone the Championship!?

2017-18 Season Preview:

We're going to get whipped. I just turned down the Leeds job. They had a £500k wage budget and £3.6m transfer budget. I'm currently spending £25k on wages and have no transfer budget.

Grats on promotion to the Championship Brizza, not so on having to share stadiums with Sutton United. Good luck no less.

Having released all bar a couple of players from my squad, a complete rebuild got underway prior to the new transfer window and implementation of a new budget. This inadvertantly allowed me to sign a number of players that took my wage budget to £1000p/w more than what I was later allocated thanks to a reduction in wage budget (which was thanks to my poor financial control and running the club into major debt last year). With a budget of just £2375 and a current spend of £3300, I'm in a position where the club wont let me sign any more players - which causes problems as I'm lacking for one, a backup keeper and other backup/sub roles. It's left me in a position where youngster on £5 contracts are all that I can get. I kind of have to resort to these just so I have some backups :o

Here's hoping none of my squad gets injured or tired. Ever.

PS; I hate how when I try to someone they want say £180 and no less but then they go and happily sign for an AI club on just £90p/w. happens all the time.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2023/24

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

We won the league, really pleased that my team are playing good football but we are prone to lapses in concentration. There are some decent youngsterscoming through, hopefully in 5 or 6 seasons I can start pulling together a Hendon Youth Product first team.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Survive in Championsip

*Get past 1st Round of Carling Cup!

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 4 - 2015/16 – Blue Square Bet North

Pre-season - Media Prediction: 6th

Promotion Achieved!!!

League Table | :D Progress :D| Squad | Transfers

Promotion was finally achieved in the best season I've had on FM for a good few years, finishing the campaign with 100+ in both goals and points. The team hit the ground running as opening 4-0 and 3-0 victories gave big confidence to the team. The confidence never waivered throughout and resulted in a campaign where the team were never knocked off top spot. No mid-season slump or poor away performances ruined the flow of good results and promotion was confirmed with 7 games still remaining.

Player of the season going to Bob Harris.

A nice reward was announced by the board shortly after the season finished. We are on the move!

Targets for the 2015/16 season

1. Avoid a mid-season slump ACHIEVED

2. Find a striker that can work alongside Billy Paynter ACHIEVED

3. Expand the scouting range FAILED

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North          4th           Reached play-offs 
2013/14         Blue Square North          9th           Reached FA Cup 1st round
2014/15         Blue Square North          3th           Highest finish to date        
2015/16         Blue Square North          1st           Promoted                           

Targets for new season:

1. Survive in Blue Square Prem

2. Reach FA Cup 1st round

3. Expand the scouting range

Archived