dafuge's FM12 challenge

I tried to organise something like that but my board would only allow very local Matchs, which paid only 1-2k per match.

How early on in pre-season? I find the big teams don't organise any friendlies til late July/early August. If you can get a tournament in around the first week of July you should be able to get some Premiership or Championship teams interested (not the biggie teams, ones like Middlesborough size - apologies to any Boro fans!).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 2 - 2013/14 – Blue Square Premier

Preseason - Media Prediction: 22nd

The Struggle

Club Info

Blue Square Premier time. This year wasn't easy at all. The board wanted me to avoid relegation, so as usual, I went just that little bit higher with my personal expectation.

The Season

This year really didn't go well. It started off absolutely horribly. Loss after loss after loss, and it wasn't long till we hit rock bottom. There was a brief rise to 17th, which quickly dropped to 20th. I stayed around this point for a long time, only surviving due to other teams losing. However, in the last 15 games of the season, a beautifully timed tactical change (with the help of Glennuk) saved my season. We finished mid-table, just where I wanted. We had a very large squad this season, with lots of ins and outs, as usual.

Blue Square Premier Table | Position Graph

Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2)

Confidence | Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Matthew Paterson

Matthew Paterson was the Fan's Player of the Year this year, as well as top scorer. It was a testament to how bad our season started that he only scored 13 goals in 34 games, however the goals were shared between the squad. He did well, but I did personally think that others were better.

Top Scorer

Matthew Paterson

See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

FC United 6 - 0 Aldershot

The moment when the season changed.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Jesse Lingard

This guy deserved to be the player of the year. He didn't play as much, for various reasons, but I believe that when he did... he was fantastic. In a season that was ultimately disappointing, he was a standout.

Goal of the Season

It's that guy again! Greg McDermott, once again, wins the Goal of the Season!

Greg McDermott v Stockport

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13         Blue Square North         1th           Promoted - Champions 
2013/14         Blue Square Premier       13th          Survived Relegation

How early on in pre-season? I find the big teams don't organise any friendlies til late July/early August. If you can get a tournament in around the first week of July you should be able to get some Premiership or Championship teams interested (not the biggie teams, ones like Middlesborough size - apologies to any Boro fans!).

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah - they say it hasnt got a bug and that "As i have chosen one of the lowest rep teams in the BSN, I shouldnt be suprised".

Well hold on - I believe we're playing Dafuge's challenge here! Name me one available club who wouldnt be one of the lowest rep teams in the BSN or BSS? And yet they can sign decent players...

Yeah - they say it hasnt got a bug and that "As i have chosen one of the lowest rep teams in the BSN, I shouldnt be suprised".

Well hold on - I believe we're playing Dafuge's challenge here! Name me one available club who wouldnt be one of the lowest rep teams in the BSN or BSS? And yet they can sign decent players...

:lol: Everyone must be the lowest at the start maybe Chester/FC United may jump a place or 2 but would still be near bottom. Other Worksop saves seem fine. Imagine being Frome :D

Hi everyone.

Found this thread via twitter, and recommended as an option to try this challenge. Just want to clarify one of the rules really, around scouting. Can I only sign players that are on my scout reports or scouts find? Or, does it mean I can only sign a player that is on my "list of players" (if that makes sense), I can't remember the exact screen, but the one where you look for players/staff etc.

In other words, I can't go and use a full player search (by name) by using the player search option.

Just a bit confused by that rule really.

Hi everyone.

Found this thread via twitter, and recommended as an option to try this challenge. Just want to clarify one of the rules really, around scouting. Can I only sign players that are on my scout reports or scouts find? Or, does it mean I can only sign a player that is on my "list of players" (if that makes sense), I can't remember the exact screen, but the one where you look for players/staff etc.

In other words, I can't go and use a full player search (by name) by using the player search option.

Just a bit confused by that rule really.

If you can scout them you can sign them. Players that you can't need to be taken on trial first.

How have people gone with youth intakes? Anyone produced any first teamers or have any great prospects?

My first intake I got a young defender called Joe Andrews, who's been a first teamer for the last 3 seasons (took him a year to break in) and apparently has potential League One quality. Other than that, nothing really.

I've never started THIS low before, so kinda new to the whole thing. Will give it a blast tonight.

Good luck with that mate, and welcome to CSE!

I'm at my wit's end. Please help folks.

That's my game, tell me what I have to do differently?! I have a doctors appointment shortly, wont be back till about 8-9 tonight after food too. Anyone who has any ideas about what I'm doing one, send me a private message please! If it's long and complicated, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address!!

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2021/22

League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

It started well but we failed towards the end, of course I'm happy to stay up but we should've finished in a Play-Off spot, next season is going to see major changes to our squad. I am looking for hungry youngsters and a 25 goal a season striker but I think that might be tough.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd

Next Season Targets

*Push towards Play-Offs in League One

*Reach 3rd Round of Carling Cup

I've got an outstanding left back that came through my youth at the end of my first season. He automatically slotted in as my DL at the start of my second season. I'll post a screenie with my mid-season update --- I'm about 4 games out from the midway mark (so tonight/tomorrow morning, I'll post it).

My current Chairman keeps putting money in when we are seriously in debt, thank god for that!

My current chairman is Mike Ashley. He doesn't put money in and refuses to let me expand my scouting network. He refused to let me have a parent club for a long time and then went over my head to create a link with Colchester, which as a Wycombe fan I am not impressed with.

My current chairman is Mike Ashley. He doesn't put money in and refuses to let me expand my scouting network. He refused to let me have a parent club for a long time and then went over my head to create a link with Colchester, which as a Wycombe fan I am not impressed with.

THE Mike Ashley? If so, who owns Newcastle now?

EDIT: SHAMELESS PLUG!

Don't forget to join the Dafuge Steam Group (featuring a Chatroom!)

Gypsum's Worksop town - League 2 - 2015/16

League position: 3rd / Position chart - We started strongly, scoring for fun (we finished with 111 goals) and we managed to maintain that throughout the season. Unfortunately, with promotion guaranteed going into the last game we slipped up, and dropped from 1st to 3rd. Which was a shame, but promotion was still an awesome result.

FA cup : 5th round - Got lucky with the draws but unfortunately missed out on a more lucrative tie. Still, a replay at Elland road was great for our finances.

Transfers - Less transfers than usual, but it turned out that much of our BSP squad was good enough for League 2.

Finances - Bolstered by the cup run, our finances continue to look healthy.

General squad info

Star players:

1- Jonas Pettersson - The young Swedish striker showed his sensational finishing ability, scoring 28 goals

2- Victor Zapata-Caicedo - Now in his fourth season with us since joining us in the BSN, Victor had his best season yet, scoring 20 goals with 15 assists.

3- Mehdi Lazaar - The Belgian striker was a late season revelation for us, and ended up with 15 goals and 19 assists.

Notable mentions: Derek Young - The Scottish striker bagged 19 goals. Liam Reffin - Our long serving defender and club captain wasn't as prolific from set pieces, but finished the season with a 7.29 rating.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7247744&viewfull=1#post7247744"]2014/15[/url]              Blue square Premier                  3rd                        Playoff winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7270622&viewfull=1#post7270622"]2015/16[/url]              League 2                             3rd                        Automatic promotion / FA cup 5th round

I'm at my wit's end. Please help folks.

That's my game, tell me what I have to do differently?! I have a doctors appointment shortly, wont be back till about 8-9 tonight after food too. Anyone who has any ideas about what I'm doing one, send me a private message please! If it's long and complicated, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address!!

Its not available to DL atm will try again in a bit and take a look at ure save.

That decent players CAN be signed when you're Worksop and I have no idea why I suddenly cant!

I just downloaded your save to have a look. Try searching for players using 'Value' set as £0, that should give you more options. Otherwise the players available to you don't seem particularly bad.

Club: Banbury United

Season: 2015/16

League: English Blue Square Bet Premier

Transfer Budget: £240k

Wage Budget: £11.6k

Opening Balance: £600k

Closing Balance: £231.2k

Board Expectations: Avoid relegation

Media Expectation: 23rd

My Expectations: Avoid relegation

League Record: Pos 19th, W 13, D 10, L 23, F 66, A 79, Pts 49

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round, 0-2 vs Forest Green

FA Trophy: 2nd Round, 1-3 vs Truro

First XI: (4-5-1) Buchmann; Andrews, Sokolik, Morrison, Murphy; Tomsett, Verma, McGee, Bruna, Pelosi; Oblak

Top Scorer: Boris Oblak 10

Top Assister: Gerardo Bruna 15

Best Rating: Marc Pelosi 7.00

Average Attendance: 621 (+256)

Fans Player Of The Year: Gerardo Bruna

My Player Of The Year: Allan Morrison

Notable Results: 2-6 vs Darlington, 5-1 vs Ebbsfleet, 6-1 vs Bromley

Transfers In: 11 players came in, all on frees in order to shore up the squad for their first foray into the elite of non-league football. Christian Montano, a Colombian striker was brought in to compete with the ageing Brian Wake, and I went central midfielder mad with Liam Tomsett, Anjur Osmanovic, Aman Verma, Jake Bailey, Ryan Brobbel and Kelechi Uzoma all coming in to fight for two of my problem positions from the last few seasons. George Ray, a young centre back was also brought in and did fairly well.

Best Buy: Liam Tomsett wasn't amazing, but quietly went about his business and did a good job for us in midfield

Worst Buy: Bill Williams looked like a decent striker, but hardly played, didn't play well when he did, and just went around bitching all season.

Transfers Out: Only four players left the club this season, with defensive stalwart Kevin McGarry amongst them.

Best Sale: No transfer fees were made, and none of the players who left were problematic.

Table

Round-Up: Our first match saw us 6-0 down at half time to Darlington. We managed to score two unanswered goals in the second half to prevent what would have been a total embarrassment, but the signs were ominous. After a tricky start though we stopped the rot, and slowly began to turn things around, being as high as 10th midway through the season. Another slump followed though at the end of the season, and we finished a lot lower down the table than we ought to have done. Improvement must be made to our league form next season.

Our cup performance was rubbish, going out straight away in the FA Cup, and only winning one match in the FA Trophy on penalties to Redditch. Obviously we're in a higher division now, but I can't help but feeling both our league and our cup performances had taken a step or two back since last season.

[u]SEASON     DIVISION                    POSITION      FA Cup             Other Cups       		Europe		NOTES                 [/u]
2012/13    Blue Square Bet North       13th          2nd Qual Round	FA Trophy Quarter Final		-	
2013/14    Blue Square Bet North       7th           2nd Qual Round     FA Trophy Second Round          -
2014/15    Blue Square Bet South       1st           4th Round          FA Trophy Second Round          -		Promoted as champions
2015/16	   Blue Square Bet Premier     19th          4th Qual Round     FA Trophy Second Round          -

Aims For Next Season: Aim for 60-70 points, do better in both cups.

Oh my god. Absolute heartbreak. Final game of the season, we're leading by two points. York on 80, us on 82. All we needed was a draw. York win 1-0, we NEEDED a draw. What happens, we blow it. 3-1 loss to Hayes & Yeading. Absolutely heartbreaking. We have to do it the hard way now, against Burton.

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '13-'14. Blue Square South.

BSS position: 12th League table

FA Cup: 2nd round (lost 1-0 at Oldham)

FA Trophy: Losing finalists

Summary: League was a season of mediocrity. The squad was just 4 or 5 players from last year's play-off final losing team (3 of those staying on non-contract for the whole year) and a load of young 'uns who performed in fits and starts. The side settled down after a few rubbish games early on, but we never had the quality to pull upwards of mid-table. League progress. Frustratingly inconsistent, we would beat teams higher up the table, but couldn't buy a win against the mid-table sides. Season was saved by cup runs, which brought in a bit of cash. We should have won the FA Trophy, but our luck finally ran out in the final.

Transfers: Transfers A lot less turnover this season, no great signings, mostly youngsters with potential. I'm releasing anyone who's potential is dropping below 4 AssMan *'s, so they don't take up playing time from the better prospects.

Future prospects: Great from corners! We're going to struggle again next year unless Chairman Hearn ups the wage budget. I'm not optimistic that will happen, even with £180K in the bank after the cup runs.

Restarting again due to my well-documented issues with not being able to sign anyone (not even my own youth graduates) without the workaround. I still dont see that as a cheat, because it seems realistic to me. However, I have a feeling that players demand more money using this route, and im totally bankrupt not to mention that the players I've signed have all been crap. Hopefully this time my game won't screw up!

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2014/2015 - Blue Square Bet Premier

Squad - Table - Transfers - Transfers 2 - Finances

Final position: 4th promoted via playoffs

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd loss to QPR(0-3 away)

FA Trophy: 2nd round loss to Dartford(0-1 away)

Best result: 4-1 win away against Fleetwoo

Worst result: 0-1 away against Dartford(BSN) in the FA Trophy

Top goalscorer: Ryan Donaldson, 27 (24 in BSP)

Most assists: Ryan Donaldson, 13 (12 in BSP)

Highest Average rating: Ryan Donaldson, 7.21 (7.22 in BSP)

2012-13 Season Review:

After a tough start to the season i surprisingly found my place among the top-5 teams of the league. With a concrete defense leading the way and of course Donaldson up top. I managed to rake in some wins in the cup as well to get some money in the bank. After a comfortable 5-2 aggregate victory over York in the playoff semis, we managed to top Fleetwood in the final.

Player of the season:

Ryan Donaldson - AM/S C - Key player all season long. New club record with his many goals this season. Will he continue to grow at the next level?

Other Key Players

Loris Karius - GK - Once again a big part of the success. A concrete defense was the main reason we went up!

Aristote Nsiala - D LC - Yet another excellent season from the defender. Incredible stable. Will still be a important part of the defense next year.

Stefan Henningson - D R - Signed halfway through the season and the speedster delivered from the start.

Laste Dombaxe - M/AM RC - Still seems to have what it takes at a higher level. Delivers when it matters most as shown in the playof final.

2013-14 Season Preview:

Honestly I didn't think I'd be up here this season. So I'm gearing up for one long battle against relegation. However the tactic I designed seems to work well with me being the underdog :-)

Archived