dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half an hour, i know impatient, but i notice there's been a lot of activity and suspect my question's been missed

Can I ask, I've added this and this to correct some of the team names and get the full names of clubs to show in the tables, are these allowed? The intention is an aesthetic change not to fiddle with any stats but I don't want to get into a game and then find out it's a problem. Thanks :)

100% of the time, he will enter into negotiations. Now I'm calling you a liar MikaelS.

So this is what I get on some players when clicking the button on the scout report.

I find it very sad that you have your head so high up your rear, that you cannot see that other people might have other experiences than you.

All the players I have signed for my team, are mediocre players. A 12th place in BSS proves that. If I had exploited the button, I would surely have signed loads of quality players, right?

Half an hour, i know impatient, but i notice there's been a lot of activity and suspect my question's been missed

not sure, as far as i an tell their is no change to any stats etc is just the team names and stuff so i see no reason why it would not be allowed

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said before, if you scout a player, you, me and the queen will 10/10 times go look at the stats of said player, then make a contract offer from that screen as it's quicker. You can call me liar if you like, or you can tell me some people don't look at the player stats, but we all know the real truth don't we. :)

I'm not usually one to jump into heated debates (ish), but I couldn't help notice that in 19 pages of this thread, you've got through two seasons and not done an update once. None of us have any knowledge of your team whatsoever... so for all we know, you very well could be signing Premier League starlets, and we'd be none the wiser. I have to say, and I'm one of the struggling few, it does sound like you're a little jealous of those who are getting through the leagues quite quickly. Hell, I'm jealous of those getting through the leagues quickly, but I'm not going to start a massive argument over the most stupid reason in the world. Let me explain with few scenarios.

1) You're apparent 'rule' on scouting players first. One simple word... Robinho. Man City didn't spend months and months scouting Robinho, did we? No... we signed him in a day, because we could. At the time, we thought... EXCELLENT! Top quality player, sign him up. You could say the same about Sol Campbell at Notts County.

2) This is football. In football, players like money. Regardless of who you are... if you have money, players will listen. Take Malaga for example, they have money, they get players. PSG get money, they get players. Man City get superstars! Crawley Town are the same, if I recall correctly. There's nothing stopping me at FC United bidding for Carlos Tevez, him listening to what I have to offer, and then going... Nahh, not enough. That's the true fact... any player will listen to an offer. Remember when Wayne Rooney was prepared to listen to Manchester City? Point proven.

3) Finally, the Premier League starlets. Ever thought that they could possibly be rejected these 'bigger clubs' because they want more game time? It could be possible that SI have got a system in that allows players to choose between more money, and more playing time? I'm not sure. But what I will say, is that if you were a footballer who just got released from your last club, end up spending 6 months unemployed, and then FC United come and say play for us... like you're not gonna listen. You'll want to play, even at a small club. That's how it works.

/rant.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said before, if you scout a player, you, me and the queen will 10/10 times go look at the stats of said player, then make a contract offer from that screen as it's quicker. You can call me liar if you like, or you can tell me some people don't look at the player stats, but we all know the real truth don't we. :)

Are you even playing the challange? just you are not on the list at the start of the thread (although might not have been updated or i might have missed your name) or are you just trolling anyways? in which case why do you care how people play?

100% of the time, he will enter into negotiations. Now I'm calling you a liar MikaelS.

No, Henry, not 100% of the time. James Milner, the local lad who is 33, will, but wants £4m per year. 32 year old Englishman Frazier Campbell will, but despite a disappointing career where he has scored just 47 goals, he still wants 76k a year or approximately six times my wage cap. Herold Goulon, who has been at Ipswich for years after starting at Blackburn in 2011 but is not English, obviously wants to go back to France to finish his career. He wont budge for less than 94k a year, an absurd wage for a 31 year old with an AvR of 5.95 in League One last year.

I'm not calling you a liar, but I am suggesting that this is ENTIRELY realistic.

Also, Wycombe have just offered a contract to an ageing Gabby Agbonlahor. So if I'm exploiting anything, then the AI managers are too!! Or, alternatively, it might be a totally realistic feature they've added this year which means you can offer a contract to most players if you scout them first. Whether they'll accept it is another matter. The day I actually SIGN a James Milner in the BSN with no sugar daddy, I'll admit it's a bug!

Ok Guys please take this elsewhere. I am sure that Dafuge or anyone else in this thread is happy to see this kind of petulant arguing here.

I personally will personally make sure that i don't use this button (I didn't even realise that it was there tbh.) I rarely sign from a scout report and prefer to trial my players, and then offer them a contract if i wish too.

However if people use it then fair enough. At the end of the day we can not be sure how people are playing this, some may be reloading whenever they lose, some may be using fmrte (If there is one for this version) some may be downloading tactics to use, at the end of the day it is up to THAT indivdual person what they do.

This thread is to discuss our games, so lets use it for just that.

Back on topic, i am loving this challenge, never got all the way through before, but i am hoping i will this season. Bury Town for the Premier league by 2022 is my hope :)

Haha so much stick. Yes I am plating the challenge as Weymouth. I am in my 4th season and I am struggling in the BSP. I have not and will not use an exploit. If you guys want to fine. GoM, they entered negotions with you even if they 4m a year. They still entered negotiations.

Tell you what, i'm gonna try something.... brb

I have the competition name file included as it has no impact on team, player, staff etc data. Its pretty much the same as adding a new skin or kits.

3) Finally, the Premier League starlets. Ever thought that they could possibly be rejected these 'bigger clubs' because they want more game time? It could be possible that SI have got a system in that allows players to choose between more money, and more playing time? I'm not sure. But what I will say, is that if you were a footballer who just got released from your last club, end up spending 6 months unemployed, and then FC United come and say play for us... like you're not gonna listen. You'll want to play, even at a small club. That's how it works. Unless your Wayne Bridge of course :p

/rant.

Agreed, with all of your post......But added something in bold at the end :)

Yes, back to normality. Just finished my 2nd season. 13th place finish! I'll have a full update tomorrow.

Glenn, I have to thank you for the tactic help. That change to 4-4-2 worked absolute wonders!

Haha yeh i know - i replied a page or 2 back, saying you owe me next time i shout for help :) Expect you to be the first to chip in.

On a seperate note your the swinburn who started the steam group right? If so i am a friend on steam, glenncraneuk :)

It's very clear in my game. No-one who's even nearly good enough for the BSN will speak to me if i offer through the attributes screen. Simple as.

This is a bit strange. If you go to the England overview page (click an English flag somewhere) and then the Clubs tab, where in the list is your Worksop team? Around the other Conference teams (see the Division column)? Way below with teams in inactive divisions?

However the result was inevitable, we have been relegated straight back down, and all the good players including Eric Keane werent wanting to sign new contracts, or were wanting far too much money and as a result, most of them will be leaving at the end of this season. This is gonna leave me with a club that needs to be rebuilt and ideally needs to bounce straight back up.

Ouch! :( If I haven't overlooked someone I believe you just got the dubious honor of being the first to get relegated. :p

Good luck bouncing back up. Looks like you're in for a challenge.

Ouch! :( If I haven't overlooked someone I believe you just got the dubious honor of being the first to get relegated. :p

Good luck bouncing back up. Looks like you're in for a challenge.

Thanks Scab, think I have seen perhaps 1 person relegated from BSS, but do believe I am the first to be relegated straight back down. My wage budget for the new season is coming in at less than my first season, so tbh if there are bugs, I think its how on earth you are meant to sign and hold onto players, that are meant to be paid peanuts. Please dont say non-contract as that option doesnt seem to exist anywhere in my game.

Scab= my Worksop team are currently the lowest rep team in the BSN/S by a distance, which is a bit strange seeing as I've been in the playoffs and not finished lower than 17th in any of my 7 seasons. Rep seems to be a little messed up this year. But thats not the point. The Met Police player I mentioned was approaced less than a year after my playoff semi-final defeat, when I know my rep was about 18th in the league because I checked it for a post that year.

Haha yeh i know - i replied a page or 2 back, saying you owe me next time i shout for help :) Expect you to be the first to chip in.

On a seperate note your the swinburn who started the steam group right? If so i am a friend on steam, glenncraneuk :)

I am indeed, and you're already added ;)

Also, if I was "cheating", then I wouldnt be doing as badly as I currently am! As we speak I'm 2-0 down to Boston and will probably be on 8 points from 7 games. Given that plenty of people are being promoted in their first season, dont you think if I was going to cheat, I would have been promoted by now? I'm in 2019/20!!

EDT: That was kinda meant as a mini-update, in case you missed the point of it!

Ok here is a free agent, obviously of premiership class: 2011110400002.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is my scout report telling me he doeswn't want to sign for me: 2011110400003.th.jpg

Here is what I get if I offer him a contract through the player screen: 2011110400004.th.jpg

Here is what I get if offer him a contract direct from the scout news item: 2011110400005.th.jpg

No Henry it proves my point. If you're in the BSN/S there is no way you can sign that player. End of. Probably true of BSP/L2 and probably L1 too. Might even be beyond the reach of a lot of championship clubs. Not to mention that if a higher rep club comes in for him and offers the same or even slightly less wages, then he'd probably chose them over you.

£2,500 a week for a youth player? Go check how much Jack Wilshere was on before he signed his contract last year. Go check how much Ignasi Miquel is on now. Go check how much Chuks Aneke is on, or even Joel Campbell (sorry for using Arsenal references but I dont know of any really good young talent in other clubs who arent yet first team).

Henry, there is pretty much no point in insisting the offer contract option is a bug or exploitation until SI have come out and given their verdict either way. The only thing to do is seat tight and try and play your game without dictating to others how they should play theirs.

Posting pictures doesn't really prove anything as none of us have an understanding of whether this is a coding issue or something SI intended to be in the game.

Bottom line...lets just stick to talking about the challenge rather than ****ing dafuge's thread up.

I have no idea what you're on about. Guess you're an Ars fan. If you look at those pics I posted and cycle left (there is an option to do this on the right hand side of the screen to look at my other images) I am currently working on a load of Arsenal wallpapers that might be featuring on .com. They are WIP so not finished, but you're welcome to look, and use if you so wish.

Yep you're right grff, my lips remain sealed from now on.

grff - seeing as this is a central point of the challenge, I actually think the debate is useful even if Henry's attitude is pathetic. The fact is that without this bug-fix/exploit, I literally couldnt sign any players. You've seen my posts - I had Murphy who was great, Adorjan who was OK, and Doyle who was awesome, but no-one else. I'm almost certain that I accidentally used this bug-fix/exploit to sign these players as no-one even half as good has signed for me since. If this is because of a bug, then frankly I think its a very important issue in this forum and a valid point of debate....

I have the competition name file included as it has no impact on team, player, staff etc data. Its pretty much the same as adding a new skin or kits.

Cheers!

also, I've noticed that the OP mentions a custom database for the players in the 7th tier. Where do you get that from and how important is it?

No, pathetic because you dismiss others' opinions out of hand. Im willing to admit it's possible I'm wrong - which is why I do want clarification from SI. But I'm almost certain I'm not. Apart from anything else, it's not like I'm signing worldbeaters. I have signed two keepers so far using the work-around/alternative way of signing players and no-one else, and despite quite a good start to the season, their AvRs are 6.63 and 6.30, and they are on a combined £18k out of a total squad wage of £178k....

Just like previous years, the players for the newly playable clubs need to be added which can be done using a custom database. The players from the three feeder league have to be added, which looks like this. If people wish to add extra players, players from top clubs in each continent may be loaded, but no more.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but i don't know how to get that edit filter screen

EDIT - yes on reflection that was pretty thick!

No, pathetic because you dismiss others' opinions out of hand. Im willing to admit it's possible I'm wrong - which is why I do want clarification from SI. But I'm almost certain I'm not. Apart from anything else, it's not like I'm signing worldbeaters. I have signed two keepers so far using the work-around/alternative way of signing players and no-one else, and despite quite a good start to the season, their AvRs are 6.63 and 6.30, and they are on a combined £18k out of a total squad wage of £178k....

I've had the same kind of luck with keepers too...it's as though they've all stepped out of PES2012! Have you got a screenie of your squad page, showing their technique attributes, as I'd be interested to see what you're working with.

You've probably already done so, but it might also be worth comparing your results against other Worksop managers to see if they have had the issue with lack of quality signings.

Anyone who has seen this thread will know I'm never very good at this. I think I've had two promotions in total in over 3 years of playing this challenge now. If I wanted to cheat my way to the top, I think I would have done it by now!

EDT: MY GKs' ATTRIBUTES.

I assume you meant GK attributes rather than general technical ones....

- this is the "premiership"(haha) quality goalkeeper that I signed recently in action. Hardly likely to win me the BSN single-handed is he! Just my luck though - keeps happening, that sort of thing. We played really well in that game, too, only to harshly lose it 3-2. I still hate this game, even though at least now I can actually sign the occasional player!

Looking at your starting lineup, its not as bad as I was expecting. You've got vital attribute figures where I like to see them for the various positions.

What are your tactics like? (not to be read as "it's your tactics!!!") and your team talks. I've read from a few different threads that over complicated tactics in LLM will kill your team, plus that team talks are so much more important this time around.

I'm far from any kind of FM expert, especially having got the boot with my Forest save game this week, but I tend to try to take in as many guides and tutorials as I can nowadays, avoiding the lazy ways I used to fall into when expecting overnight success. Not that I'm saying you're lazy, mind you.

Yeah I've moved to a much more simple 442 this season. I'm also aiming to raise morale with every teamtalk - which means using "I have faith" most of the time, and only ever being negative if its obvious that we've underperformed.....all this seems to be what's recommended and generally my results have been better when morale is high from teamtalks.....

Yeah I've moved to a much more simple 442 this season. I'm also aiming to raise morale with every teamtalk - which means using "I have faith" most of the time, and only ever being negative if its obvious that we've underperformed.....all this seems to be what's recommended and generally my results have been better when morale is high from teamtalks.....

See how things go for the current season because I definitely think that the more basic the better, plus you seem to have a squad that can compete.

As much as I hate teamtalks and press conferences, due to the time and repetitiveness, I've had to embrace them due to the big effect they have. I also find that the team meeting option is a good tool to have when things are really bad or good....almost a quick cheat at boosting morale.

I'll keep an eye out for your progress, fella. Keep the faith!

Yeah but unfortunately its sooooo easy to get the team meeting slightly wrong and totally destroy morale! Why on earth my team objected to me saying "we're doing well but we can do even better" is beyond me. We made it to the playoffs a few years ago, why is it so crazy to think we could do so again?!

Archived