dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes please, mate!!!

But what ive found is that different players tend to be released.

List below of players I signed that were handy in the first season. Spoilered with white text:

Aaron Carter

Amadou Kouman

Chimdi Akubuine

Jordan Sinnott

Danny Fernandez

Kadell Daniel

Jack Boyle

Pele

Jonson Clarke-Harris

Its true, but there tends to be some trends. Ive loaded twice now and both time Loris Karius (keeper) was available. He wouldnt tslk to me until december of the 2012-13 campaign. But he's league two quality and signs for about $500-700 aussie dollars. There is also this thread http://www.fmscout.com/q-3591-Players-For-The-Lower-Leagues.html. I found martin Reilly was still unsigned in the 12-13 season and you can check my season review on the previous page for his screen. my mid are mostly regens and by defence is crap but im sure a few others here can offer suggestions.

The one big thing to take from what everyone else has said is not to panic and blow your budget immediately. Even if you're still waiting and filling gaps when you're 4-5 games in, it's probably for the best in the long run. It takes your scouts and staff a while to trawl through everywhere and flag up the best signings and the longers players are unemployed, the lower they're willing to fall.

It's disheartening to get to January and find a wonderful prospect that you can't sign because you panicked at the start and now have 6 donkeys sat on the bench that never play but are on the same combined salary as your target player is demanding.

The one big thing to take from what everyone else has said is not to panic and blow your budget immediately. Even if you're still waiting and filling gaps when you're 4-5 games in, it's probably for the best in the long run. It takes your scouts and staff a while to trawl through everywhere and flag up the best signings and the longers players are unemployed, the lower they're willing to fall.

It's disheartening to get to January and find a wonderful prospect that you can't sign because you panicked at the start and now have 6 donkeys sat on the bench that never play but are on the same combined salary as your target player is demanding.

Absolutely spot on :applause:

The other thing is to find 1 or 2 players who can fill in for a lot of positions - even if they are only backups.

One way to remove the donkeys from the wage bill is to give them a new NC contract - if you rarely play them if doesnt matter what they get when they come on.

My suggestions for players are Jamie Tank - seems to have well for everybody who has signed him, also Umit Eminoglu has done well for a lot of people although for me he has been average

#86 - Gilbster - AFC Hornchurch - BSS - 2013/14 End of Season Update

Table | Positions

What a difference a season makes, I was given a smaller wage budget, anyone good I tried to sign the board intervened and wouldnt let me break the budget, as a result I had pretty much the same team as last season, and it took until the last day of the season to secure our survival.

Pretty much nothing I did made any difference during the seaso, and I have got to stop trying to do team meeting I destroyed morale completely.

All I want from the next season is enough wage budget to sign a few players when I find them and to survive.

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSS         18th    3rd Qual    FAT 1st Round
2013/14   BSS         19th    2nd Qual    4th Qual

Its true, but there tends to be some trends. Ive loaded twice now and both time Loris Karius (keeper) was available. He wouldnt tslk to me until december of the 2012-13 campaign. But he's league two quality and signs for about $500-700 aussie dollars. There is also this thread http://www.fmscout.com/q-3591-Players-For-The-Lower-Leagues.html. I found martin Reilly was still unsigned in the 12-13 season and you can check my season review on the previous page for his screen. my mid are mostly regens and by defence is crap but im sure a few others here can offer suggestions.

Tried for Karius both with Worksop and St Albans. Nothing doing either time.

Pretty much none of the players mentioned recently will even consider discussing terms - and some are on contract with clubs and worth over 500k!!

I've covered a few bases, and though the team is rubbish - got one point from four games, I'll bide my time and try to gradually build up the squad, avoid relegation in season one, and then see what happens....

Gilbster - i think the only way your wage limit will increase is if finances increase, try to utilise NC contracts for backup players to improve squad depth and only have your first team on PT contracts

How do you get the option up to offer Non Contracts? When I try to change from Part Time that is the only option, for any players I try, all I can choose is Part Time. Any ideas?

How do you get the option up to offer Non Contracts? When I try to change from Part Time that is the only option, for any players I try, all I can choose is Part Time. Any ideas?

I had the option on contract type of NC and PT.

I can only offer PT contracts to first teamers and key players. All others have to be NC contracts.

Perhaps some teams operate different ways of dealing with contracts

Also, I think its tactics that are letting me down. I'm about as tactically naive as Arsene Wenger sometimes is!

If that's the case, then take a tactic from the tactics forum, so that you know it's got a solid enough base and then play around with it, so it feels like your own. It's not prohibited in the rules and it'll at least allow you to get up and going and start enjoying the game.

Not too much though - we still need someone to edit the leaderboard ;)

If that's the case, then take a tactic from the tactics forum, so that you know it's got a solid enough base and then play around with it, so it feels like your own. It's not prohibited in the rules and it'll at least allow you to get up and going and start enjoying the game.

Not too much though - we still need someone to edit the leaderboard ;)

Haha!

On that - how much are people using it? I'm taking a 24 hour break from it to try to get into my new game, but will catch up soon. I think I'll update it slightly less frequently in future but I'd like to know how often people use it and what they use it for - is there anything I could add to it or take away?

Haha!

On that - how much are people using it? I'm taking a 24 hour break from it to try to get into my new game, but will catch up soon. I think I'll update it slightly less frequently in future but I'd like to know how often people use it and what they use it for - is there anything I could add to it or take away?

I refer back to it relatively regularly to check my progress against everyone else's. I suspect you'll find people fall away from the challenge over the coming weeks, so you'll need to update it less and less.

Maybe just update it when you finish each season (or each transfer window in your season) that way you'll have a natural trigger to go back and edit it.

Haha!

I use it to see where everyone is and keep up with the updates I miss. Can't think of anything to add. Good work.

On tactics not been in that section so can't say whats good and whats not. But only thing I would add simpler the better. Most tactics are for better teams/top team in that section which may work or not they may need altering a bit to suit your players. Play to your strengths. Counter worked for me in the early days but now I need to take control or will get beat easily.

Umit Eminoglu has done well for a lot of peoplee

LEGEND! My captain have been with me since BSN and now have loads of club records. So far he has the following; Top Goalscorer (33), Top League Goalscorer (27), Most Goals in a Match (4), Highest Average Rating (7.43 (45 matches)), Most Man of the Match (11), Most League Apps (162), Most League Goals (92), Fastest Goal (16 sec).

LEGEND! My captain have been with me since BSN and now have loads of club records. So far he has the following; Top Goalscorer (33), Top League Goalscorer (27), Most Goals in a Match (4), Highest Average Rating (7.43 (45 matches)), Most Man of the Match (11), Most League Apps (162), Most League Goals (92), Fastest Goal (16 sec).

He was useless for me at Worksop.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Coca Cola League One. 2017/2018.

Table - On one side, I was delighted that we were able to achieve our goal which was to survive, but on the other hand, I couldn't help but think that if we didn't lose 3 of the last 4 games that we would have been in the play-offs for sure, but I guess there is always next year.

Graph - Like last season, we were flying high until just after January, then it went downhill, for us, falling out of the the play-off places after match day 44, that was horrible.

Squad - We had major problems when it came to scoring goals, I'm just glad that we kept the other teams out most of the time, which was pleasing.

Stephen Duffy came in over the summer, as a fresh faced 17 year old, he was miles better than my other keepers, and made the number one spot his own, and rightly so, a fantastic player and has a lot to offer me down the line; Nicky Salter was again a rock at the back, especially with a changing back four as I tried to find a suitable tactic, I will try and bring in a few more CB's to try and reduce the amount of workload on his shoulders during the summer; Darren Caskey was a summer recruit, and although he didn't score, he was able to chip in with a few assists, with my new tactic that I seem to have perfected over the 2018 summer, I think he will be in for a big season next tie around; Robbie Sullivan was the only bright spark when it came to my strikers, the only one to get into double figures, of course, this did not help by the fact that I got rid of Owen, who was my only out and out striker, but I guess we'll sort this out during the summer.

Transfers - Improved recruits came in, deadwood went out.

Finances - Took a massive hit over the season, low attendances (mainly due to a small stadium) meant we brought in next to no revenue.

Me

Aims for next season:

Improve the squad.

Try and make some money.

He was useless for me at Worksop.

How did you use him? For me he is 'Advanced Forward' with attacking. His partner up top is a defensive forward with support and it works wonders as both usually get around 20+ goals each season.

F.C. United 2012/13 End Of Season Review

Gonna try to keep you guys updated. Not used to posting in this forum. How do you do that fancy "code box"?

Was promoted in my first season. Seems that FC United is quite an easy team to manage. But first time on this challenge so I'm pleased with my performance so far.

Table first season

FA Cup - Lost to Ipswich in 3rd round

FA Trophy - Lost first game :(

He's a midfielder for me, in fact in 36 apps he hasn't scored. With finishing and composure of 5 its perhaps not surprising

Im hoping that this isnt a bug, its just that somehow players know that I'm in the red to the tune of 75k so they dont want to join until the finances are more secure!

That is odd since players would still join me when i was 200k in the red although i was still under the wage limit

Hopefully it’s not too late to start the challenge. Anyway here goes.

I am managing Canvey Island

(Manager profile at end of Season 1)

Season 1 Update

I have actually just finished Season 1 (2012-2013) Season 1 Table

Promoted Via playoffs

It turned out to be an excellent season finishing with a nail biting playoff final against Farnborough I was unable to watch the last 30 mins of the Final and was frozen to my chair unable and unprepared to make a substitution, which might fail and result in the loss. We hung on in the end with the opposition peppering the goal with long shots but unable to test the keeper too much.

We started the season well with Oscar Clarke knocking them in regularly, he then was injured for a month or so and really struggled to fit back into the team.

We were was generally never out of the playoff spots and managed to put together 9 out of 11 wins towards the end of the season to really push for the top spot but lost out by 3 points.

(final day loss to Woking who I then faced in Playoff semis)

Transfers – A total of 28 in and 20 out I managed to pick up some quite good young players, that had been released from top clubs during the summer. Most were reluctant to move until Oct/Nov time but they really helped as games come thick and fast at this level 3 in 7 days was common.

Richie Barroilhet – was one of my Oct purchases. Ex Fulham player he came good during the 2nd half of the season scoring 16 in 24 games, with a tidy 7.19 avg rating.

Michael Ngoo – was recommended massively by my scouts and looked to fit in perfectly as a target man. Unfortunately we were unable to get this to gel as quick as I would of liked. So I used him as an advanced forward however the position never really suited him and having taking up 20% of my wage budget I’ll be glad to see the back of him at the end of his contract.

Real disappointment however he popped up with a crucial goal in the play off semis.

Jeremy Nnamani – Really held the defence together and chipped in with some crucial goals. I think he’s found his level and will probably struggle in the BSP next season. Probably no more than a substitute role once I have found a replacement.

Next Season

Replace some of the deadwood. Would love a tall, fast and strong CB but not sure where I can find one of those willing to move.would love him with good heading and jumping. We conceded too many goals over the top this season

Free up some wage budget

Make a run at the FA trophy this season was a disappointment although I made it to the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. I was dumped out by Doncaster could of done with the financial boost.

He's a midfielder for me, in fact in 36 apps he hasn't scored. With finishing and composure of 5 its perhaps not surprising

Really? This is how he looks now(2018), and this is how he looked in 2014(oldest screenshot I could find)

Haha!

Personally i check it to see how people are doing and then also the look at peoples updates and check out players that they may have signed

GoalieManPat121 - Matlock Town - 2012-2013 - Blue Square North

Roster : Table : Position Graph : Transfers

League: The first season in charge of Matlock was very good. The team was strong throughout the whole season and managed to tie for 1st with Kidderminster but took the automatic promotion spot by having a better goal differential by 5. We never were really running away with the league but were clear by about 5-6 points most of the time until some bad form towards the end of the season. It took a 1-0 win over Vauxhall on the last day to secure promotion. The funny thing was that it was our fan day match and afterwords I get the report that the club is not sure that the event will help the club in the long run. I found it funny since it was the game that took us up but doesn't help attract new fans.

Cup: An ok Cup run by the team but not to far. We got to the FA Trophy 1st Round before losing to Gainsborough.

Notes: We had the leagues top goalscorer as well as the leagues Player of the Year. He won both awards despite leaving the club the last month due to his loan ending. I managed to win Manager of the Year in my first season.

Top Performers:

Jordan Bowery: Came on loan from Parent Club Chesterfield. Was a monster for the club scoring 34 and setting up 16. His contract ends with Chesterfield after the season so I will probably make a move to get him back at the club.

Ben Algar: The only original club member that played any major role this season. Scored 10 and setup another 12 from the wing.

Jack Folan: Didnt expect much from him but he locked down the right side of defence pretty well.

Michael O'Halloran: Came to the club about midway through the season. Scored 13 as well as the goal that won the league. Played mostly out of position on the wing.

Goals: Need to try and find a couple true wingers for the team that fit the tactics better. An upgrade at central mid will probably happen as well. If Bowery cannot be signed then the club MUST find a new reliable striker. Goal is to be midtable in the BSP next season.

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2017/18 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A great season all around. We've been top almost the whole season and we deserved it. We had a clear out this season to stay within our very limited wage budget and as I was hoping to keep a small, but talented, squad I knew we would have some problems if injury struck. And that happened of course. Almost all of our losses happened around christmas when we struggled with lots of injuries to key players. Luckily our few backups also held a high standard for this level, so we managed to stay in the top the whole time. By february most of our players were fit to play week in and week out again and we started racking up wins. In our last 20 games our score was 16 wins, 4 draws and no losses. We even finished the season with a 5 match streak of clean sheets. Marek Farkas has been solid in goal once again and when he has defenders like Radim Skacel and Kasper Andersen in front of him we managed to get quite a number of clean sheets. In the midfield Serge Gnabry ruled the right wing and scored almost every other match he played while Elliot Andrews assisted just about everyone except when he was injured. Up front our turk-norwegian duo Ümit Eminoglu and Per Kristian Karlsen netted loads of goals.

In the cups we did an ok job. The Carling Cup proved a short adventure for us as QPR beat us in the first round. In the JTP we got as far as the quarter final, but Barnsley knocked us out with ease. Our efforts in the FA Cup went better as we made it into the 3rd round where we met Liverpool at Anfield. We got hammered 5-0, but the cash settlement of £600k made it all better.

Financially we are losing money like there's no tomorrow. We would be deep in red if our cup run hadn't saved us. Hopefully this will help out next season as League 1 is coming up. I think I need to get rid of quite a bit of players who are nowhere near the level we are playing in next season.

Season         Division             Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table
2015/16        Blue Square Premier  1st        Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/17        League Two           4th        Lost play off, JPT winners
2017/18        League Two           1st        Champions

Ive got bored of my Banbury save, not sure why but im not really enjoying it. I am going to start again. Will be keeping the save in case i go back to it. Starting to holiday for a new team now. I will update when i get my new team.

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2014/15 - BSS

brand.gif

Final Table (3rd, lost in playoff semis)

It's quite hard to sum up the utter frustration of this season.

Started well, won ten of my first 14. Then went through a real 'meh' period, when I got enough points to stay in the playoff places but never really found consistent form. Picked up over the last dozen matches to finish 3rd, with another 80+ points total and a playoff date with Eastbourne Boro.

First leg was pretty comfortable, got an early goal and shut the game down for 1-0.

Second leg was also comfortable, until just before half time a 60 yard hoof from their centre-back found a striker the only person moving, and he smashed it in as my defence didn't move. Not to worry, plenty of time to gain the ascendancy. I don't think they had another shot the rest of the 90, but I couldn't turn possession and half chances into goals.

Extra time, again we looked the better side. Until their keeper took a free kick with another 60 yard punt down the middle. Same result, laptop very lucky to survive.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost at BSP side Dover in the 4th Qualifying Round.

FA Trophy - Lost at BSP side Ebbsfleet in a 1st Round replay.

Key Players

Simon Parmenter - My most consistent defender all year, was a rock at the back.

Laurence Benjamin - With Boyle injured a lot of the season, he took over the left wing and was my sole candidate for the league player of the season award.

Robert Harris - Bossed the midfield and scored a couple of screamers.

Klaus Geertsen - The delightfully named Dane partnered Harris in midfield and added some class, especially from set pieces.

Jack Harper - A torn hamstring early on disrupted his season, but he led the line admirably for a teenager. Have very high hopes for this former West Ham youth and my only query is his lack of pace.

Sam Brown - Injuries forced me to use this kid early on and he was lethal, stepping in whenever Harper was out injured and keeping Clarke-Harris in the reserves.

Next season...

Well obviously promotion, but think I'm going to need a day or two off from the game as I am exceptionally peeved right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)

Archived