dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F.C. United 2014/15 End Of Season Review

Well what a fantastic year it has been finishing 3rd in the league and winning the play-off's was just a dream come true ! Despite our awful cup runs i really am not bothered promotion to league to is a massive step forward in my mind and i am over the moon with it :)

We managed to score an impressive 101 goals which was the most in the league and concede just 47 which is joint second least !

Our away form was really bad to start off with and i believe that's the reason we didnt get 1st place however our home for was very good and it pushed us through to the play-offs and help us smash the semi final !

League table

Fa cup - Got knocked out in the first round off crawley 3-0 which i was dissapointed with but hey there's always next season ;)

Fa trophy - Got knocked out in the fourth round by fleetwood 2-0 away but not to complain as they did go on to win the league and the fa trophy so im not too dissapointed !

Key Players :

Michael O'Halloran - Top goalscore with an inpressive 23 in the league

Robbie Simpson and George Purcell - Joint second goal scorers netting 21 in the league each.

Michelle Fornaiser - Best centre half by a mile kept us in some vital games with great defending and netting 6 aswell :)

Targets were all achieved i'd say however the cup run could of been a lot better

Targets for this season ! :

Stay in the league !

Sign Some great youngsters who can also make an immediate impact

Try and upgrade our facilities to produce and develop players to their best

P.s. i havnt given links for my players because i went too far ahead in the game but i did manage to get the league table and that from going back in the history

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2018/19

League Table | Squad | Transfers In 1 , 2 / Transfers Out 1 , 2

I wanted a Play-Off place but we went one better and won the League, obviously foreign players are the way forward! It was only on the last day we won the title ahead of Yeovil.

In the F.A Cup we managed to reach the 5th Round but Premier League Stoke proved too strong for our Part-Time squad but we did make a nice profit and that has gone towards improving our Youth set-up who incedentally won the Under 18's Cup against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. In the F.A Trophy we managed to win the competition after overcoming Exeter in the Semi-Finals then an average Histon side in the Final by winning 6-1 , another piece of silverware to add to my collection

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners

Next season will be our first in the Football League so avoiding relegation is the aim and maybe doing well in the Johnstones Paint Trophy and maybe get a Premiership team in the Carling Cup. Also I would like to improve our training facilities at some point during the season.

220px-Cifc-crest.png

#89 mikeytk - Canvey Island - Blue Square South - 2012/13

Finished 4th - Lost in Play Off final (on pens)

Table | Graph | Stats

An excellent season in the end, after a poor start and average Oct-Jan I went on an amazing run in the second half and stormed into the play offs by April. Breezed past Dover in the semi final only to lose on penalties to Eastbourne after a 1-1 draw. Still, much better than I expected, especially after my start.

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Poor finances due to being over £1k over wage budget after massively adding to my squad threoughout the season and not beign able to offload the deadwood. Helped by play off gate revenue.

Key Players

Jamie "the" Tank - Tank by name tank by nature. A rock at the back and immense at attacking corners. Scored 14 (!) and finished with an av. rating of 7.30

Tamer Tuna - Top scorer with 15 but not spectacular. May be replaced after signing former Fulham and Arsenal youth player Michael Uwezu

Moses Ademola - quality ringer signed from Woking. 17 assists and shortlisted for BSS PoY

Budweiser Logo.jpg

A good run - got to the first round proper getting beat by L1 Bristol Rovers

FATrophy_s.jpg

Beat in 2nd Round

Next Year

Hopefully a promotion push after a very promising first year. Need to get rid of deadwood and sort out the wage budget.

[color=#333333][font=monospace] Season Division Position Cups Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=monospace]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=monospace] 2012/13 Blue Square South 4th F.A Cup 1st Rnd, Fa Trophy 2nd Rd Play offs[/font][/color]

Check the World - Domestic Clubs - England screen and filter on BSS, BSN and other and see how far you are down.

Interesting, thanks for that. In my first season in BSP, I'm the lowest ranked team (of course). Nearly half of BSN and BSS are ranked above me!!!

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2017/18 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The season started great as we went the 10 first matches winning 9 and drawing once, but then the injury crisis came. We've had more injuries so far this season than all the other combined! Our steady right back Radim Skacel got a damaged achillies tendon and has been out for a couple of months and still have a couple more. Elliot Andrews, our midfield general, has had multiple injuries who has lasted for 4 weeks or more and are struggling still. Ümit Eminoglu, Serge Gnabry and Mohammed Abel has also suffered massive injuries. Now that we have reached the new year most are returning to fitness and hopefully we are going to stay mostly injury free the latter part of the season. Still, as we have been struggling with injuries, the rest of the squad have done as best they can to keep us up top. After 10 games Crewe and we were running away and we had a gap of over 10 points down to 3rd at one point. When we had the injuries Crewe failed to capitalize on our problems and had their own problems with form. We are still in a great position to challenge for promotion, but we need to get fit and ready for match!

The cups have been both ups and downs. In the Carling Cup we lost 1-4 away to Gillingham in the first round, so we didn't get past the first round this year either. In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we got bye in the first round as reigning champions and managed to beat Leyton Orient in the 2nd round before Bournemouth knocked us out 1-3 in the quarter final. The FA Cup has been far better and we are still in it. In the first round we got a difficult away tie against Barnsley away, but managed to scrap a 2-1 win to progress. The second round gave us another difficult away tie, this time at Shrewsbury. We managed a 1-1 draw and go a rematch in which we triumphed 5-3 in a very thrilling match. We were hoping for a big team to get some hard cash and we got lucky when we were drawn against Liverpool at Anfield. We're certainly gonna lose, but we should get a massive cash boost.

Financially we are dropping cash like there's no tomorrow, but I dunno why. Most of our cost are going into Tax and Others. Since we have been in the middle of a board takeover I'm starting to suspect the chairman of stealing money from us, or he is buying a lot of dinners for potential new owners. The takeover has been on and off since the summer and it started with a local businessman, then another director and now it's a fans trust who's the potential buyer. Almost hoping it will fail so we can get a tycoon and get loads of cash! =)

My board allowed me to increase my wage budget thankfully! and ive managed to somehow attract this player to Banbury.

Introducing Jan Klement Unbelieveable for League 2.

Pure Class! Probably gonna score quite a bit on corners and freekicks.

No better feeling than beating the league leaders 5-0 away - started the BSP well with only 1 or 2 additions to last years squad.

Even my finances are improving if only because the board keep putting money in each month :D

Disgusted. Started my 2nd season as weymouth really well, battering everybody 4's and 5's. Went through a spell of about 10 games where we couldn't win a game. All the players lost form for no reason. Started getting some form back, then took a walloping from a bsp team in the trophy and haven't recovered since. Another season in the bss, with no money and noone wanting to join. 10th finish after playoffs last term.

How much money do you need to upgrade training fac's? My board is low down dirty cheapskates giving us a wage budget of 1.5k a week, and won't invest in s**t! Oh and the chairman is very happy too.

Can't find any good defenders for the life of me, and always seem to concede to a long cross just inside the half way line to the back post. Full back is always out of position and I can't seem to remedy it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yay! My board has given me 2k a week wage budget for the new season!

All my star players want over £500 quid a week, as part timers! How do you get players on non contracts?

Just change the contract negotiation from Part Time to Non Contract

Chippenham.jpg

Chippenham Town| Season 2013/14 | Blue Square Bet Premier

Table | Squad | Transfers 1 | Transfers 2 | Player Stats | Best Eleven

A really good season. Promotion to League 2 after running away with the league by 19 points scoring a massive 134 goals in the process. We did well in the cups aswell, we won the FA Trophy for the third year in a row demolishing Gateshead 6-0 in the final, and exited the FA cup in the 3rd Rnd in a very respectable 1-2 defeat to Sheff Utd. The game was at home unfortunately, so the match wasn't that great. The board was busy at the end of the season. First the plans for a new state of the art stadium was announced, and we are now due to move in to Chippenham Stadium with a capacity of 7746 on 20.06.2017. However, to finance the project the club has secured a loan of £4.63, making the clubs overall finances insecure. We have to pay 31.5k per month until 2030, which means that we better be successful on the pitch or we'll go bankrupt sooner than later. Another landmark in the clubs history came when the board decided to go professional at the very end of the season.

Key players:

Could have mentioned more, but these stood out this year

Jake Nicholson | MC | - Young mc with potential. 5 goals and 7 assists – Av.r 7.10

Gyiliano van Velzen | Winger | - dribbling magician, 8 goals and 11 assists - Av.r 7.41

Samuel Adjej | Winger | - nice offensive contribution, 17 goals and 8 assists in the league - Av.r 7.41

Michele Fornasier - | DC | - solid at the back, chipped in 7 goals in all comps - Av.r. 7.35

Rhys Walsh - | DC | - as above, 11 goals in total - Av.r 7.57

Joe McKee - | AMC | - Amazing again, won't sign a new contract though :( - 9 goals and 25 assists in 30 games! Av.r 7.93

Awards:

Blue Square Bet Premier Manager of the Year

Blue Square Bet Premier Player of the Year

Chippenham Town Fans' Player of the Year

Finances:

We signed quite a few players this season, but let even more go. The finances were healthy until the massive loan the board secured, it is going to be interesting to see how this will fare next season.

Goals for next season:

1. Get rid of more deadwood
  2. Keep costs down
  3. Look for more bargains
  4. Finish in a respectable position in the league and have a decent cup run
  5. Convince the board yet again to agree to increase the scouting range (they're not really cooperative my friends upstairs...)

Looking forward to League 2:)

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square Bet South           1st             FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, FA Trophy Winners
2013/14     Blue Square Bet Premier         2nd             FA Cup 3rd Rnd, FA Trophy Winner
2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier         1st             FA Cup 3rd Rnd, FA Trophy Winners

Well isn't this fun, I've got 3 players injured with torn hamstrings including 2 first team strikers.

Luckily I've managed to get in another loanee striker, but even then I'm short handed in that department. Oh well, there goes my vow of not spending the whole wage budget this season as I ,ay have to find yet another striker.

#6 Hitchin Season Update 7 npower L2 2018/19

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

Manager of the Year - League topscorer runner up

A very good season for the L2 and a very poor season for the cups. Finished as champions just 1 point ahead of number 2.

Tried to clear out as many players as i could, whilst still having a "large" squad. Managed to sell some free with a 50% sell clause. Hopefully that will generate a bit of cash, as finances really went down this season. It is just too expensive to put your players on full time contracts :(

FA Cup: 1st round exit away to Scunthorpe 3-1

League Cup: 1st round exit home to Rotherham 0-1

JPT: Only "decent" run, but no money gained from this. Lost in Semi Finals S to Portsmouth 3-1

A few new signings this season, but only 2 of them could make an impact.

GK:

- Abubakar Egal: Got some first team matches this season, with Karius injured around half the season.

DEF:

- Glenn O'Connor: New signing from Tralee Dynamos. Was signed for diversity options in defense and midfield, but played really well as DC.

- Carl Flynn: Had another great season. The Irish duo worked well.

- Alex Billington: One of my favourites. Even though his stats aren't great, he is amazing with assists when playing mid and solid in defense.

MID:

Marcos Costa: Played more games than last season, and repaid well with his efforts. 6 goals and 13 assists.

ATT:

- Mark Hayes: Really strong season, played as winger and forward.

- Anis Madhebi: New signing, previously Frankfurt. Signed in January and only had 7 games. 6 goals in those games though. He then was out with injury rest of season. High hopes from this one.

Hope attendance will increase, as well as some TV matches to get finanes back on track, would hate to sell star players to get in the black.

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted

Dan - Just checking that you know you're not supposed to actually take an international job before completing the challenge. No harm in teasing them with a bit of thigh though.

Yeah, I know that you can't, just never been offered an International job in League 2

Can't find any good defenders for the life of me, and always seem to concede to a long cross just inside the half way line to the back post. Full back is always out of position and I can't seem to remedy it.

Anyone else having this problem?

I find pretty much every deep cross and deep freekick from wide curls to the far post and is either headed in or over. Playing on key highlights, basically every set piece from this area is a goal.

Interesting, thanks for that. In my first season in BSP, I'm the lowest ranked team (of course). Nearly half of BSN and BSS are ranked above me!!!

That's part of the challenge...we started with much lower reps than those already in the BSN/S, (let alone BSP and higher). It takes a while for the reps to go up. For my Hastings (Starting rep of 1000 at beginning of challenge), I suspect I still have less than 1100 overall based on the rep position. I *have* seen some change, however, I am no longer the lowest rep of the BSN/BSS sides. And I didn't even have any cup runs to note.

If it holds true to past seasons, i suspect you'd need 2-3 seasons of stability to achieve "mid-table" rep for your current division...after all, if you were just promoted, you are still likely favored to drop right back down...once you maintain your position within a division, people sit up and take notice (hence improving your rep).

I'm in L1 and BSP sides have more rep and all of L2 than me so 100% takes time to increase the rep no matter how your are doing.

Yes...system seems to need some tweaking....when you go straight up back-to-back, there's little time for your rep to cacth up. Be interested to compare that to someone who takes, say, three seasons between each promotion....compare rep of both clubs at the end of 10 years....

Yes...system seems to need some tweaking....when you go straight up back-to-back, there's little time for your rep to cacth up. Be interested to compare that to someone who takes, say, three seasons between each promotion....compare rep of both clubs at the end of 10 years....

Seems to be tweaked from the past as winning the league had a huge gap of rep increase compared to winning play-offs so seems more based on long term which seems right to me. Players who other L1 side want will listen to offers from me which is how it should be but scouts seem stuck around BSP level still. So what impact the rep has is a bit hit and miss from what I'm seeing but thats only on free transfers will get interesting when I get the check book out :)

After this ref's muckup, I again find myself in 10th after the first 4 matches of the new season. However, we're playing much better, so I have much hope for this year's run. Everything is running smoothly...I'm creating chances, I'm fairly solid at the back, and I'm scoring. Previous match won 4-0...two of them coming with only 10 on the field as one of my DCs made a hash of a challenge.

All in all....I'm fairly confident this year.

edit: I've just had my first player of the month award of the campaign....hopefully the first of 4 or 5 for the year. :)

edit2: Good grief---back to back games with ref controversy costing me???

Archived