dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#9 Darren Parker - Hastings United Season 12/13

hastingsutd-1.png

Season Summary: A fairly decent start, with a number of new signings brought into the club. The lack of scouted talent meant some of those coming in were not of the highest quality, but I was still hopeful they might do a job for me. We were expected to finish 22nd, so I was more than happy with our 13th place finish. We didnt do too well in the cups, going out after one victory in each competition.

Table

Transfers

The highlight of the season for me, being crowned as Manager of The Year.

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Hastings United               England           Blue Square South            13th                    Manager of The Year                  
[/font][font=Comic Sans MS]

I usually start with "counter", and my backline is two LDs, a defensive full back and an attacking wing-back.

If you have a rubbish defence i would say you are inviting the opposition onto you too much by using counter.

personally i never set FB to attacking or use WB at lower levels as they just aren't good enough to do it, i use 2 FB's on auto or support, a CD as a stopper pushing up the pitch and a CD as cover dropping back.

I also play with rigid mentality

fluid/balanced/rigid/very rigid? I was having defensive issues as well until i realised that the passing was terrible in the league so if i had two CB's with good positioning and concentration (and obviously not terrible in other key areas) then i could just stay back playing a rigid formation and power through on the counter. It worked wonders.

BadgeTooting_and_Mitcham_United.png

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - League 2 - 2014/15

League Table/Graph/League Stats

A great season in the league finishing as champions. 1st half of season we went undefeated and was 23 points ahead at one point. Only 3 losses but quite a few more draws in the 2nd half likely teams knowing how we play.

Squad Stats/Transfers/Finances/Facilities

Finances looking very healthy which is all down to the cup runs.

Key Player Profiles

Andy Weimann - Filled the big boots of Adam very well and score some key goals.

Joe McKee - L2 player of the year. Constant threat on edge of box and can score winning goals from fks from 30+ yards.

Nicola Varischetti - Out-shone Brady on the wing which is not a easy task.

Johnstone%27s_paint_trophy_logo.PNG

A great run played L2 sides up until Semi final. Tight final but managed to edge it.

Fixtures

Final

Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10.jpg

Run cut short in 2nd round vs West Ham but happy with getting the Win over Brighton.

Fixtures

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Great run and included wins over Championship sides Bolton and Cardiff. Prem side Sunderland were just too good.

Fixtures

[center]
[b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

|  Season           Team        | League  |  League Finish |               Achievements                            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2012/13    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSS    |       1st      |  BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  2013/14    Tooting & Mitcham |  BSP    |       1st      |  BSP Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup  | 
|  2014/15    Tooting & Mitcham |  L2     |       1st      |  L2 Champions/JPT Winners/6th  Round of FA Cup        | [/center]

My Next Season Aims

Keep building on the squad/get rid of dead wood.

Mid Table.

Decent cup run to keep the money coming in.

If you have a rubbish defence i would say you are inviting the opposition onto you too much by using counter.

personally i never set FB to attacking or use WB at lower levels as they just aren't good enough to do it, i use 2 FB's on auto or support, a CD as a stopper pushing up the pitch and a CD as cover dropping back.

I'm set up the same---on tough matches one or both of the FBs are set to defend too

Club: Banbury United

Season: 2013/14

League: English Blue Square Bet North

Transfer Budget: £0k

Wage Budget: £4.0k

Opening Balance: -£9.5k

Closing Balance: -£219.4k

Board Expectations: Mid-table

Media Expectation: 20th

My Expectations: Pushing for playoffs

League Record: Pos 7th, W 19, D 11, L 12, F 60, A 45, Pts 68

FA Cup: 2nd Round Qual, 0-4 vs Mickleover Sports

FA Trophy: 2nd Round, 1-2 vs Bury Town

First XI: (4-5-1) Howard; Lyskov, Morrison, Sokolik, Andrews; Clamp, Calvert, Benjamin, Oblak, Mannion; Wake.

Top Scorer: Brian Wake 16

Top Assister: Boris Oblak/Aristote Amisi Kamaneno 10

Best Rating: Jakob Sokolik 7.14

Average Attendance: 338 (+150)

Fans Player Of The Year: Brian Wake

My Player Of The Year: Allan Morrison

Notable Results: 4-1 vs Derby, 2-0 vs Hibernian (friendlies), 0-4 vs Mickleover, 5-2 vs Southport

Transfers In: 10 players were brought in this season, all on frees again, and most played large parts in the season. A new goalie, George Howard, was brought in, along with a new back line. Jakob Sokilik, from Liverpool, and Allan Morrison, from Rangers, both at centre back, were fantastic. Morrison scored 8 goals over the season as well as being almost impenetrable, and Sokolik finished the season with the highest average rating. Slovenian under-21 vice captain Boris Oblak was brought in thanks to the England Trialists match, and Amisi Kamaneno, brought in just as cover for the wings, played a huge and important role.

Best Buy: Allan Morrison; had a great season and is apparently potentially League One quality.

Worst Buy: Sam Reed never really got a look in up front, with Wake, Oblak and Ethan Mannion dominating the position.

Transfers Out: 15 players moved on were realeased, many of them being first teamers from the previous season

Best Sale: Can't really answer this

Table

Round-Up: We were poor in the cups, but far far better in the league. We were in the playoff spots for quite a while, but a slow end to the season (2 points from our last 12) cost us a possible promotion. I think we're in a great position to push on and look for an even better campaign next time out.

[u]SEASON     DIVISION                    POSITION      FA Cup             Other Cups       		Europe		NOTES                 [/u]
2010/11    Blue Square Bet North       13th          2nd Qual Rnd	FA Trophy Quarter Final		-	
2011/12    Blue Square Bet North       7th           2nd Qual Rnd       FA Trophy Second Round          -

Aims For Next Season: Be in and around the title fight, actually win an FA Cup game, get better midfielders.

Chip.png

#26 - JSAR - End of Season Report 2012/2013 Season

All in all a good season got off to a poor start in my friendlies with some massive losses to Local boys Reading, reserve and under 18 squads 4-0 and 6-0 respectivly but some easier sides after that helped to build some confidence in the side.

We then a shakey start to the season but gradually rose up the table and spent a majority of the second half in the play off places, had a couple of chances to go top but each time choked it.

The last 6 games of the season were very hairy with us not recording a single win which almost saw us lose our play off place but a 1-1 draw at Sutton was just enough for us to secure 5th on the last day of the season.

Despite this run the players then picked them selves back up when it mattered and saw us go onto to win the Play Off final and the FA Trophy.

League

Past Positions

5th Place

Promoted Via Play offs

Cups

FA Cup 2nd round knocked out 4-0 by Colchester

FA Trophy - Winners on penalties against Gateshead

Transfers

I went a bit crazy on youth at the start and signed a massive 50 players on Frees, mostly on £5 contracts, have let alot of them go at the end of the season but a number of them did end up making it into the 1st team for a majority of the season, due to the massive squad that i had it is really tough to pick a "best buy" but i imagine it would be one of these 3.

Dean Bouzanis

Danny Hockton

Stafan Oaks

Best Eleven

Goals for this Season

Aiming for a Mid table finish i dont think any higher is going to be realisitic with only a 5.25k Wage budget and the need to restructure a majority of the team as most of them are not going to good enough to step up.

I love the end of May when English clubs release their under 18s. Most of them won't even talk to me or want too much money and end up at league clubs, but I've managed to sign three gems:

Simon Parmenter - the only thing that will stop me making him captain straight away is his age.

Dylan McNeil - I play a system where someone can sit in the hole and pull the strings, so his woeful lack of pace shouldn't be too apparent.

Robert Harris - Nice and versatile, should help solidify the middle of the park Needs some angry pills though.

It's left me a little over wage budget though, and all three are set for slight pay rises after between 10-20 league games, however they have made a couple of players redundant who are on reasonable wages so will try and sell without upsetting the squad.

Just started my season in the BSP, first home game against Kidderminster i had 684, next game against Stockport there were 1524. I can only assume stockport must have a big away support, it wasn't my fans since my average attendance last year was 413

Just started my season in the BSP, first home game against Kidderminster i had 684, next game against Stockport there were 1524. I can only assume stockport must have a big away support, it wasn't my fans since my average attendance last year was 413

Fan day mayhap?

god i hate Work Permits, my new scout recomneds an awesome Ivorian who is happy to come on trail and then happy to except my offer and now have to apply for a work permit, which i tend to find 9/10 fail

I especially hate it when they were previously at a prem club, if they could get one then really so should you.

getting me so annoyed this game at times the amount of goal i concede in the last 10 minutes of games is ridiculous ! :(

At this level i tend to find fitness levels way down towards the end of match, and like to make any remaining changes i have left. AND/OR go defensive towards the end of the match if i am winning.

At this level i tend to find fitness levels way down towards the end of match, and like to make any remaining changes i have left. AND/OR go defensive towards the end of the match if i am winning.

yh think i'm gonna keep a defensive tactic on the side for when i'm winning by 1 or 2 goals and switch to it around the 70/80 minute mark and hope that helps ! anyway got the play-off to play now so just hope i can get into league 2 :)

Manager #83 - Oxford City - BSS - 2012/13

MID-SEASON UPDATE

Made a solid enough start, won 4 out of my first 7 games but everythings fell apart since then. I've just won a match after going on a seven match winless run, winning only 3 games in the last 16, in all competitions. My problem seems to be conceeding goals, i score plenty but cant stop leaking them in at the back. In 21 league games i've scored 33 goals, which is a good record, but conceeded 35, which aint too great.

Currently 16th, my next few games will probably shape the rest of the season. Although im not aiming for the play offs, i am only 7 points off a play off spot so a good run now could see me climb a few places. Having said that, if things go the other way, im only 6 points above the relegation places and while i dont fear relegation just yet a bad run somewhere and i could get dragged into the fight.

I've been messing around with tactics the last few games on my winless streak and im trying to play the simplest game possible, it seems to be helping so far, ill see how it goes over the next few games, also i've got the match preperation on defensive positioning to try help my back 4.

#86 - Gilbster - AFC Hornchurch - BSS - 2012/13 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers

Well for a first season all I wanted was to stay up. Anything else would have been a miracle. When I took over the club, the first thing I spotted was a 16 year old striker with some potential who ended up scoring 7 goals this season. The squad I was given was the worst I have ever started with. I employed some scouts and waiting until the England trial day players, before starting to sign and made signings throughout the season as and when good players were interested in signing. Makes a change to my normal panic buying of players instantly.

The season started off well, and for the first third, I honestly thought mid-table or playoffs would be a possibilty. However I then went to bed and since I started playing today, our form has been all over the place, and although never in danger of relegation, we ended up a bit closer to the drop zone than I was finding comfortable. However not a bad first seaosn where we ended up in 18th place.

I did ask my board for a parent club, and chose Kettering from the choices, however none of their players wanted to come on loan this season, so will try again next season for some of them!

We beat Enfield Town to make it to 3rd qualifying round of FA Cup before losing to Dartford and in the FA Trophy we beat Bishops Stortford to set up a tie agianst Eastborne Boroin the FA Trophy 1st round. Always appreciative of any prize money from competitions.

Aims for next season:

Higher finish

Strengthen squad further, see if I can pick up some more Championship rejects

Clear out deadwood

Perhaps a bit more of a cup run

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
2012/13   BSS         18th    3rd Qual    FAT 1st Round

#53 - Cardiovascular - 2012/13 - Chesham - Blue Square South

badgecheshamunited.png

League | Squad | Transfers

A ninth place finish was absolutely fantastic in my view, we were solid for most of the season and consistently in the top half from day one. The transfers gelled quickly and we took a few games but I found a working tactic and off we went for the season. Was very impressed with the team this season.

Cups were a bit hit and miss, we made it to the first round of the FA Cup before being punted out by Morecambe with a 4-2 loss. Disappointingly, we lost 2-1 to Bath in the FA Trophy second round.

Key Players

Ben Wright - Ben added experience to the frontline right from the go and, despite a lull near the end, he finished our top scorer with 15 goals. A good season from the veteran.

Jamie Tank - The young centre back was one of my first buys and an absolutely fantastic signing. He was completely solid at the back and even chipped in with 13 goals from corners, an incredible season from him.

Alan Bull - A late, late addition to the squad. Took a while to find his feet but once he did he scored a fair few important goals. Had he been here from the start, he may have beaten Wright to the top goalscorer but alas, next season.

William Collins - Like Bull, he was a very late addition but he slotted in instantly and took the captaincy straight away despite being so young. I have high hopes for this youngster.

Have a feeling i have found a bug. No-one will discuss terms with me. Well I say no-one - no-one who would get anywhere near my 2nd team. Surely that's not right is it? Literally every player I've seen this summer (2017) who would have improved my team has not even given me his demands......

Is there somewhere to upload the save to get it checked for bugs?

I've been monitoring reputation on my save, I looked at the start save, it is 22nd out of 22 in the BSS, between me and 21st there are 10 'Other' Clubs (and 2 higher up). Fair enough, that's what makes the challenge.

Halfway through the 2nd season, after finishing 11th in season 1 (no wins in cups though), sitting in 3rd place, (4th Q in FA Cup but lost in Trophy) we are still 22nd in reputation, but there are now 64 'Other Clubs' above me, rep is deteriorating. I'm wondering if this is also happening to you.

Check the World - Domestic Clubs - England screen and filter on BSS, BSN and other and see how far you are down.

Archived