dafuge's FM12 challenge

Finally at home, and have my copy of the game installed. Holidaying now, have been reading the thread with great interest over the past week, and cant wait to take part. Still not completely sure what team I am aiming for so will spend a while reloading and seeing what appears. Obviously if I find any rare teams, I will upload them for people (presume my file sharing account still exists!).

Could someone please just tell me where the quick way to see promoted teams this year is, I know I have seen it mentioned a few times in the threads, but dont really feel like going back over 13 pages for 1 specific detail.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World - England - Season Summary. Look for the section after the Blue Square leagues that's called Regional Premier Divs and that will list the 6 promoted teams.

Make sure you save before 19:00 on June 23rd to ensure the reloading works fine. Good luck finding a rare team!

World - England - Season Summary. Look for the section after the Blue Square leagues that's called Regional Premier Divs and that will list the 6 promoted teams.

Make sure you save before 19:00 on June 23rd to ensure the reloading works fine. Good luck finding a rare team!

Thanks Mr Beefy, not positive I want a rare team, but it would feel weird to do a dafuges challenge without a couple of hours of reloading, even if I am a week late! I'm usually so poor at this game that I struggle big time, and I havent touched the demo or done any practice saves yet so this could be painful for me - entertaining usually for everyone else!

Shrewsbury_howie - its up to you what you do from here. Remember that it can only be a club you take over that fits the original criteria if you do wait for next june, and not one of the ones that was relegated in the first season you holidayed, and have boucned straight back up again. Good luck

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Coca Cola League Two. 2016/2017

Table - So, a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde season from us, whilst I am delighted that we made the play-offs, the fact that we were within the top three for quite a long time would have made it a very bitter pill to swallow if we had not at least made the play-offs come the end of the season, lucky for us we made them, in the Final we overcame Cheltenham quite easily, to take us to League One for the first time in our history.

Graph - As you can see, we were 2nd until game 31, then it all fell apart, but then we managed to claw ourselves into the play-off places at the end of the season.

Squad - Quite a few changes were made, managed to bring in some loans, still need someone who can put the ball into the net, and our midfield needs improving; Nicky Salter was a solid wall in defence, almost nothing could get past him and if they did, then we had a half decent goalkeeper to deal with it; Graeme Christie had a good time in midfield, managed to pop up with a few goals, but I may have to get rid of him in the summer as he is not up to League One standard, but you never know, he may surprise me; Billy Owen came in during the summer from Wales, but missed the majority of the season through injury, but he is still a quality asset; Robbie Sullivan keeps on getting better and better for us, he held the line well for us and I am hoping he will do the same next season.

Transfers

Finances - Got to the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup where we lost to Championship side Watford, still made over £250k through prize money/revenue though :D

Me

Aims for next season:

Stay up.

Improve the squad.

I'm proud to be anounced as the new manager of...

12-Logo.jpg

Bedford Town FC!

A quick look through the squad shows that I've got an ok CB, but other than that a lot of improvement is needed. I've gone for a mid-table expectation, which gave me an extra £400 to play with for wages, which hopefully won't come back and haunt me.

#17 spankie - St Albans City Season 1 2012-13

When I took over as manager I saw that there were a few decent player left in the squad, but more then enough dross, I managed to get a few players in but struggled with bad form. So I had to strengthen throughout the whole season as and when my scouts found good players or my staff recommended players. Unfortunately that resulted in my having to terminate the contracts of a few players to free up wages, So finances were dire this season.

league form was sketchy at best at the start of the season but as the better players started to join things started to look up and we ended the season on a 30 match unbeated run in the league. We obviouslyt went out early in all the cups.

Because of the run we managed to get into the playoffs and met Dartford in the semi-final and were 2-1 up in the first leg. We also won the second leg 1-0 despite Dartford dominating large chunks of the game.

The final was a very nervy affair and to be honest Dover were the better team, even so it was disappointing to lose on penalties. Needless to say Magwood has had penalty duties stripped.

League Table

Past Positions

Finances - not helped by no cup run and having to pay off players to free up wages.

Squad - there are a few relegated to the reserves that I want rid off, some of them have played for the first team. The loaness, Ryan Johnson, has had a transfer agreed. Luckily after 8 goals in 12 games the club he is signing for is St Albans.

Transfers

Players

Ryan Johnson - hopefully he can form a good partner ship with Miller.

Chris Shaw - if he was quicker he'd be even more devastating but I can't argue against 12 assisted in 15 games.

Ashley Miller - top scorer and very useful squad member as I play with AMR/L so he can play there in an emergency.

Next Season

Aim for the play offs again.

Get rid of deadwood and improve the squad.

Bring in young players with potential (I have 2 come in with the youth intake with high potential and I have already agreed transfers of 3 Scottish youngsters into the U18s and another 2 as potential future first team players, the scout who recommended them also recommended Chris Shaw. So a he earned a new contract.)

Try to get to a money making FA Cup tie to help with the finances.

Just continuing my game and I have 5 first team players who are asking for too much money. 2 strikers (Wooton and Hutchins) and 3 central midfielders (Magwood, Turnbull and Highdale) and my wage budget has been cut.

It's a pain losing so many first team central midfielders as I will now be a bot short in that department.

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2013/2014 - Blue Square Bet North

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 1st

FA Cup: 4th Qual. Rnd loss to Kettering(0-1 away)

FA Trophy: 4th round loss to Kettering(0-1 away... again)

Best result: 1-0 win home against Lincoln(BSP) in the FA

Worst result: 0-2 away against Worchester

Top goalscorer: Ryan Donaldson, 22 (17 in BSN)

Most assists: Michael Roberts, 18 (16 in BSN)

Highest Average rating: Aristote Nsiala, 7.45 (7.41 in BSN)

2012-13 Season Review:

Although I failed to find the players I felt needed we got the job done. From pretty early in the season it was evident that the League title would go to us or Halifax. With ten games to go we were tied. Then a couple of injuries set us back, but we managed to claw our way back onto the top spot on the very last day of the season. Halifax ended up going up through playoffs.

Player of the season:

Aristote Nsiala - D LC - Rock solid at the back. THE biggest reason we only conceded 28 goals.

Other Key Players

Loris Karius - GK - The team conceded 28 goals. Can't argue with that although his average rating are low.

Michael Roberts - DMC/MC - Signed late last season. Excelling as a deep-lying playmaker with 18 assists.

Laste Dombaxe - M/AM RC - 15 goals from the midfielder. Seemed to pop up every time I really needed a goal. Many game-winners from his foot.

Ryan Donaldson - AM/S C - Topscorer in his first season. He's got great speed, and I'm sure he has was it takes to continue scoring in the BSP.

2013-14 Season Preview:

The board is expanding the stadium by 1000 seats, so they've got the ambition. First of all we need to survive in the BSP, however if the above-mentioned core guys stays relatively injury free, we'll be more likely to challenge for a midtable position.

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2016/17 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

This has been a very wierd season so far. We started winning the first matches before we lost a couple of matches. Then we went on a run of 7 matches without a win and when we finally ended our run went on a 12 matches unbeaten run. Our biggest problem so far has been our striker and the lack of goals from them. Ümit Eminoglu scored more that 30 goals last season, but has struggled to keep it up this season. His partner Anders Rømer has also had problems, but luckily Villyan Bijev has been there to score quite a bit. Most of our goals have come from the midfielders and our towering center back Kasper Andersen.

The cups have been fun this season. We went out of the Carling Cup in at the first hurdle when QPR proved they were the better team. In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we are in the regional final after going through all the stages on pens! We are still in the FA Cup, but not for long as we are facing Chelsea away in the 3rd round next. Even though we are looking at a beating it should still give us quite a bit of cash.

It's looking very good this season and if our form continues we should have a chance at the play off, but we are overachieving for the moment so I doubt we can keep it up for long.

BadgeChesham_United.png

#15 - Chesham United - nPower League 2 - 2018/19 - 15th

As you might have noticed, I have slimmed down my updates so there is less screenshots. This is due to the time consuming nature of it and frankly, most of them probably don't get seen so its not a big deal. I can upload any on request though. I will try and be more descriptive in my writings though.

This was a huge step up this season with the club turning professional and playing league football. A lot of the boys were disgruntled as they wanted F/T contracts for big bucks which I just didn't have to spend. After resigning my two biggest players, Seidi and Hunt to F/T for insane amounts of money(for this level), and picking up a few players to cover gaps we got started.

To be honest, the step up into this league was quite easy and with my staff all on new F/T contracts, the team was flying. it wasn't until about Xmas time we had a big slump and couldn't really string wins together to save ourselves. Some wins later on in the season helped and kept us in the mix, but we were never consistent enough to be able to challenge in this league.

League Table - 15th

Finances - We didn't do too badly. A poor FA Cup run meant we didn't get the goods there, but increased revenue from the league in attendances and payments countered our increased wage budget.

Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10.jpg

Drew Fulham from the Championship in the first round and after an amazing game it went to penalties which somehow we won after missing our first two. The next round against Premier League Newcastle, we held a 1-0 lead going into the break, but were outclassed in the second, eventually going down 4-1

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Extremely disapointing this season, after nearly being humbled in the 1st round by tier 7 team Hitchin and having to fight it out in a replay, we played poorly and lost to Newport County.

Johnstone%27s_paint_trophy_logo.PNG

Another bad cup run, losing poorly to Cheltenham in the second round, after a great opening win against Oxford.

Squad - Doing well. Wage budget has been increased so we should be able to stregthen it over the off-season. Midfielder Dale Belfield was out for 10 months this season with damaged cruciate ligaments, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

Key Player Profiles

Luke Robinson - I am currently battling to be able to keep him here next year, but Robinson has been the backbone of the team in the midfield all season and will be missed if I can't keep him.

Alberto Seidi - He was the star of the show four years ago and he is still going strong. Some mid-season injuries plagued him, but he did well to end up with a team high goals of 12.

Player of the Season

Andy Hunt - This used to be Paul Hecker's domain for many a year, but since his departure Hunt has stepped up and more. With a team high average of 7.12, he leads the backfield brilliantly and kept the scoresheet respectable when some games got out of hand. With a new keeper between the sticks next season, Hunt will be relied upon again and again.

Up and Comers

The youth coming through the ranks here is woeful and I won't be handing out any contracts to the kids for the next few years to come at least. Hopefully I can get the board to invest in some more development in the future as we grow our great city to the top of the footballing world!

Transfers - Sold club favourite Ryan Unsworth back to his hometown club, Brisbane Roar FC and let Elliot Lee go after the rise of Seidi and Cham made him obsolete. Goalkeeper Alex Gardner was released at the end of the season and will be replaced by last season's pickup Peter Martin.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis
2015/16    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      20th                             FA Trophy winners
2016/17    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      15th   
2017/18    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      4th                               Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy winners
2018/19    Chesham United               England           nPower League 2              15th                               

Next Season

Consolidate our position

Build the squad

Gain extra cash from cup runs to be able to upgrade facilities

Tactics

Using my 4-3-2-1 these days to great success and will continue to use it as long as it works. With some better players, should do wonders in the higher leagues as well.

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Birmingham

Championship - Cardif, Bristol, Burnley

League 1 - QPR

League 2 - Colchester

BSP - Port Vale

BSN/BSS - FC Halifax/Havant & W

F.A Cup - Sunderland

Carling Cup - Liverpool

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Sheff Utd

UEFA Champions League - Real Madrid

Europa League - Chelsea

A-League - Adelaide/CCM (Brisbane 8th)

[/center]

Well I'm having an attempt at this challenge again after getting to League 1 with FC Halifax last year but of course, they're now in the Blue Square North so I have to use someone else and after a tough decision, I decided to go with FC United. Was deciding between them, Bury Town and Cambridge City but decided to go with United instead. Mainly because they have a bigger stadium :p

Manager Profile:

Does anyone have any general advice for scouting/signing players/tranfers in general at the start of your first season in BSN/S? It would be much appreciated. Cheers.

My own method for initial season: go through my initial squad and try to identify a few I can build an initial squad around. Dump the deadwood. Take a look at existing scout reports (assuming you start with a scout --- as Hastings Utd I didn't even have that). Pick up a couple low-wage players to supplement the initial squad. Over the first couple of months, I try to bring in only 5-6 players, keeping my wage bill low. Then, over the last couple of months of the year and into January, I fill holes in the team with players that have been identified by my scouts. I'm always looking for those players identified by my scouts to have "good" or "leading" potential in a division (or more) higher than my current division. Since I saved on my wage bill early, I can now spend a bit more, and target needs that the team has.

So far, it's working fairly well for me...I'm about two points outside the playoffs in mid-February, 12 matches yet to play. Because I only added 1-2 players at a time, the team hasn't had a lot of turmoil with the addition of the new players. I've filled the holes nicely, and think I can at least achieve a playoff spot in my first season. I'm still £1K under my wage budget, too.

Edit: I've been using the scouting pool regularly in this new version too....anytime I see a player pop up in my news (out on trial, awards, etc) I add him to the scouting pool to supplement the findings by my scouts/coaches.

Already rebuilt my squad before my first match :p The only two starting XI players are my goalkeeper (I signed another GK but he wasn't as good as the first) and my striker since he's rated as a leading star for most Blue Square North sides. I signed a young striker who has slightly less current ability but has great potential.

Signing players late sounds good, i have 1.5k (Aus dollar) in wages I can put to that. And the scouting pool? not sure what that i, ill have to have a look. Other than that i scrapped every player in the entire team and started fresh. 3 wins and 2 draws so far. Ill write a half season review to officially enter the challenge. Thanks for the advice G_D_K.

#6 Hitchin season 6 Update npower L2 2017/18

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

None

Will only make a small update this time, as nothing really special happened. Best part of season was board deciding to take us pro.

Finished in 5th position, which was really good considering it is first season up. Faced Milwall in the playoff semi final. Leg 1 away 0-0. A result that was absolutely brilliant, however, in Leg 2 we had 2 red cards and succumbed to a 1-0 defeat.

Cups:

FA Cup: 3rd round exit to Chelsea away. We only lost 2-0 and had 700k put in the bank for that perfomance, which was the seasons highlight.

LC: 2nd round exit to QPR who killed us 3-0 at home.

JPT: 2nd round exit 1-0 to Rochdale, also a home and a match we should have won.

There wasn't any players that really stood out this season as amazing. The injuries we didn't have last season, we had this season forcing us to try a different formation. 4-3-1-2. It worked pretty good, except the forwards didnt score as many goals. Defense is still our best trade.

Guiseppe Simonetto was our best overall player. Solid in defense and good in offense when given the chance.

2 new signings that I have high hopes for.

Patrick Henriksen: Danish U21 previously AB - Good potentiel in this one. Looking forward to see how he can mature.

Marcos Costa: Portuguese U21 who has tried his luck at several clubs, with Xeres as high profile one. Really good overall stats. Also anxious to see how he will mature.

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
2017/18	L2	3d rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None

Also, does anyone know why i can only offer contracts to people as either first team or key player? why cant i go below that? its hard to manage having 20 people all listed at first team. Is it a glitch? or a setting i need to change?

It will be that way, until you go pro. Is a thread somewhere about it, and its working as intended.

Having appalling luck this season. Just got Doyle back after 7 months, and Adorjan back after 3. Doyle comes off the bench for his first game after Adorjan has been back 2-3 games, and Adorjan goes and gets a 5-6 week injury that will keep him out until the playoff final, which it now looks very unlikely I'll be involved in. Bad luck has dominated this season.

Have managed to go over budget before the trial day, so have probably messed up for the season before I started. Didnt win a single pre-season friendly, and after the first 7 games of the season, we have 3 points and are sitting 20th position.

However the 2nd round qualifying round draw has just been arranged, and Harrow has been given a mouthwatering, local derby against Wealdstone. Hope we can beat them and kick start the season!

Forgive me for being stupid, but how do I:

a) upload an image to a post, such as my club badge

b) upload the code thingy to show my progress in the challenge

Trying to upload an image i click on the image icon, select the file from my computer, click upload file. Thats where i get stuck as it doesnt appear to upload, and i get an icon to the right of my file which says "undefined". Should i be uploading as an image from photobucket?

The code thingy has me completely stumped, but I would love to use it when i'm ready.

a) upload an image to a post, such as my club badge

Although the option is still shown for whatever reason, this forum doesn't allow uploads. Upload the image to a hosting site like imgur.com or, as you mention yourself, photobucket. If you're in WYSIWYG mode here on the forum then simply click the image icon and then "From URL" to insert the image. Obviously enter the image address from imgur/photobucket. :) If you're in source mode, write [img ]http://url.to/the.image[/img ] (without the spaces after the G). Although if the images are big you may want to link to them instead.

b) upload the code thingy to show my progress in the challenge

That's not automatic. People compile them themselves within

tags. Press the "Reply With Quote" button on any post that has one of these and you can see how they've done it, and then do the same for your own posts. 

BadgeChesham_United.png

#15 - Chesham United - nPower League 2 - 2019/20 - 18th

A wierd season. Cup games the squad showed up and played well, then when it was back to league football they forgot what to do and stunk the place out. Will need to resort the team and get next season done well.

League Table - 18th

Finances - I Love being in the black. Would love another training facilites upgrade, but it doesn't seem to be on the cards at the moment.

Carling_Cup_logo_2009-10.jpg

Beat Fulham for the second year in a row, but drew Stoke in the 2nd round and were outclassed everywhere.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Did really well to get to the 4th round and a match against Chelsea where we were blown off the park.

Johnstone%27s_paint_trophy_logo.PNG

Fantastic run and we weren't really troubled by anyone. Took the trophy easily

Squad - Not bad, a bit weak in defence at times and need more players for depth but confusing why we struggled so badly.

Key Player Profiles

Luke Robinson - Resigned him for four years and he has been quality all season.

Jorgen Ahlstrom - Fantastic DM who held the team together through some tough times. Suffered a broken arm mid season which was difficult, but he came back strong.

Player of the Season

Andy Hunt - Still fantastic even after whinging about wanting more money all season. He is quite injury prone though which is a problem

Up and Comers

Still terrible

Transfers[/url] - Picked up Neil Russell as backup for the midfield and dumped a whole bunch of excess players. Sold fan favourites Al-Basith and Marwood, but they weren't good enough to compete in this league. I had also been playing favourites with Seidi who had really bad physical stats for this league, so I sold him off to the Italian Serie C. Former GK Gardner went to Forest for a good fee.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis
2015/16    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      20th                             FA Trophy winners
2016/17    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      15th   
2017/18    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      4th                               Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy winners
2018/19    Chesham United               England           nPower League 2              15th                  
2019/20    Chesham United               England           nPower League 2              18th                              JPT Winners

Next Season

Consolidate our position

Build the squad

Gain extra cash from cup runs to be able to upgrade facilities

Same as last season.

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham

Championship - Leicester, Charlton, Fulham

League 1 - Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Crystal Palace

League 2 - Barnet, Stockport, Cambridge, Notts Co.

BSP - FC Halifax, Bromley

BSN/BSS - Boston Utd. Solihull Moors/Gloucester, Margate

F.A Cup - Leicester

Carling Cup - Liverpool

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Chesham

UEFA Champions League - Inter

Europa League - Genoa

[/center]

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2016/17 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A great season all over as we got of to a good start, but we soon found us unable to win matches at all. We went 7 matches without a win, but when we finally won we continued winning and got into a streak of 13 matches unbeaten. Just after new years we hit another slump as we again went 7 matches without a win. Towards the end of the season we picked up form again and managed to establish ourselves in the play off spots. However it was not to be for us as Yeovil beat us on penalties in the semi finals of the play off. As we struggled in the start our star striker Ümit Eminoglu had great problems scoring as he went the first 10 matches of the season without a goal, but after the slow start he showed why he merits a place in the starting line up. The other players who have been great this season have been Kasper Andersen, Per Kristian Karlsen, Elliot Andrews and Radim Skacel.

Just as we had lost in the promotion play off I was offered the job as manager of Middlesbrough, but I declined of course.

The cups went very well this season, but in the Carling Cup we went out in the 1st round against QPR. In the FA Cup we managed to get us to the 3rd round were we drew an away tie against Chelsea. We lost of course, but pocketed us some nice cash. Our best run was in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy were we managed to win it! In the final we met Sheffield Wed, but managed to win in extra time.

Financially we are positiv as we have gotten some big prize money this season. Our board has agreed to improve our training facilities and they should be finished a bit into next season. They still wont improve the youth facilities, but hopefully we can improve it soon enough.

Season         Division             Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table
2015/16        Blue Square Premier  1st        Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/17        League Two           4th        Lost play off, JPT winners

Archived