dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Person number 44 reporting for duty. An astonishing late run of form shifted me from mid-table obscurity up to 6th in the Conference South and missing out on the playoffs by 4 points. Very confident now that next season will see promotion (aha, famous last words). Hopefully progress will speed up now that I'm happier with my tactics. Hearty congratulations to those who've sealed promotion up and out of the BSS/BSN and beyond. Time for bed now.

Will edit this post with a proper write up tomorrow and hopefully Sunday will bring a tale of success from season 13/14. Come on you Robins!

LzdML.png

#67 NZAaza | Lewes FC | 2012/13 Season | Blue Square Bet South

Blue Square Bet South (Table | Position Graph):

Originally I was aiming for a mid-table finish, thinking the team was crap and would be impossible to keep fit but we achieved one of my goals early on of a good home record and keeping the points adding up. It was the second half of the season that we had some consistency and some new signings performing well that got us into the playoff positions where it was a three-way battle between us, Eastbourne and Salisbury for second spot while Dover ran away with the league. Drew Salisbury in the playoff semis where we came from 2-0 to draw 2-2 in the first league, before getting a last minute winner at home to win 4-3 on aggregate and move into the final. Welling had beaten Eastbourne and denied us a rivals playoff match and we were on top for most of the game until the last 15 minutes but managed to hold on and win 3-2.

I also picked up two Manager of the Month awards (October and February) before winning Manager of the Year while Tom Lawrence won Player of the Month in April.

FA Cup:

Lost 4-1 to Tonbridge in the second qualifying round. Worst defeat of the season.

FA Trophy:

Smashed Heybridge 5-1 at home in the third qualifying round before coming back from 2-1 down to beat Welling 3-2 in the first round. We then took on BSP team Woking in the second round and put in a really good performance, but conceded as we tried to get back into the game and lost 3-1.

Squad (Players | Transfers):

Slowly brought and phased in players as the season went by which allowed us to pick up some really good players that improved the weakest areas of the team. Also staying under budget by £200 and luckily had enough cover when both first choice center backs got injured towards the end of the season. Looking to keep a good number of players and with a bigger wage budget in the BSP next season should be able to improve on a few positions and add some depth.

Best Players:

GK: Loris Karius - Played every game, made very few mistakes and was one of the reasons we finished with the least amount of goals conceded. Spotted him from a few posts early on so thanks to the people who found him.

CB: Semi Ajayi - Our best performing CB who seemed to pop up at every set piece and win the ball the majority of the time, scoring six goals and making four assists in the season. Unlucky to get injured late on and miss the last eight games but is already signed on for next season. Also should mention my other two CBs: Kai Edwards and Adam Field who gave me two other brilliant players to play here meaning a injury or tiredness meant no drop in skill.

ST: Tom Lawrence - Found him while looking for a right midfielder and noticed he had some attributes that fitted how our advanced forward played, receiving the ball out wide and taking it forward before crossing or dribbling inwards then shooting. He was excellent right from his first match bagging 23 goals and 13 assists. Trained him to a striker and he lost a few points on his attributes but his performances didn't drop at all. Also had Jack Lyons and Tamer Tuna who scored 32 goals between them with Lyons being injured a few times and Tuna have two long periods of not scoring goals.

Also Ruben Lamieres had the most assists for us this season but never really seemed to have a good game. None of our midfield really stood out all season but our late signing Sebastian Lleget scored 2 and assisted 4 in 14 games before he was injured.

Season	League	Pos.	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe	Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	BSS	3rd	2nd Qual Round	FAT 2nd Round	N/A	Promoted via playoffs

Goals for next season:

Mid table finish in BSP

Strong FA Trophy cup run

Win a game in the FA Cup

Our stadium is being increased by a extra 1,000 to a capacity of 4,000 (even though our largest attendance was 2,487, next largest 1,730) and I now have a regional reputation.

Oh and GreyedOutMan, is there any chance of fixing up the typo on my username on your post?

Worksop_Town_FC_Badge.png

Worksop Town | Season 2015/16 | Blue Square North

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The season where it all came right. The tactic worked, my squad was happy, and things just....worked! Well...it ALMOST all came right.

Determined to make a flying start, I signed players in a couple of key positions over the summer. The first two, signed on June 5th, were to prove the most vital. McQuilkin provided the engine that had been lacking for so long, whilst Doyle provided that most vital ingredient. Goals. Lots and lots of goals. Despite a 3 month injury on the backside of the season, Doyle finished with 39 goals in all competitions this season. He was quite incredible and though I had to pay a lot to extend his contract for another year, I believe he is worth every penny.

Many of the other signings were significant but the panic-buy was Andy Bradley, signed in a panic as Doyle got suspended earlier in the season. He wasnt anything special in that period, and indeed the recently re-signed Fitchett came in and scored some goals. But when Doyle later got injured, he came into his own, and Doyle wasnt really missed. Without that, I dont believe we would have got to the heights that we enjoyed this season.

We were actually hovering just outside the playoffs for most of the season. Just as we threatened to break in, I would lose a silly game for no obvious reason. Right at the end, we found the kind of form that is always going to make people take notice. The back end of the season saw me pick up 22 out of a possible 24 points, after a terrible run of 4 draws and 2 defeats in 6 games threatened to derail me.

On the last day of the league season, the top five teams were all guaranteed at least a promotion place, and every single team had a chance of the automatic spot. But that didnt look too good for us at half time. Though Nuneaton were incredibly 4-3 down to Bury Town, and both Hinckley and Worcester were drawing 0-0, Macclesfield were a goal up, and Worksop a goal down. Ten minutes into the 2nd half, Adorjan equalised, but Nuneaton were already half way towards being 5-4 up at the hour mark in an unbelievable match. Macclesfield had also doubled their lead and it looked like the game was up. However, with 5 minutes to go, and Worksop winning 3-1 now, Gainsborough equalised at Macclesfield and Butlin completed his hat-trick for Bury Town to make it Bury 5-6 Nuneaton! One more goal for Bury Town and nothing for Macclesfield would see us promoted automatically!

...it didnt happen. Nuneaton closed it out. But in case you dont believe quite how extraordinary those last few minutes were, here's an idea. The playoff report will come later in this report to build suspense!!

The Cup runs were certainly a huge highlight this year. In the FA Cup, I had a particularly good run which was finally halted just before the magical third round by League One Crawley Town, despite a valiant effort from the lads. Crawley did get the plum tie in the third round, against Everton. That could have wiped my debts clean! Oh well... In the FA Trophy, after wins over Hitchin and Eastwood, I drew Grimsby YET AGAIN in round two. Despite suffering a crash dump after beating them (after a replay), the second time we managed to get the job finished first time around, and Grimsby were conquered. Before the crash dump, I had then narrowly lost to Darlington at the new Darlington Arena. Whilst the league form suffered for the dump which cost me dearly, it did result in an extended FA Trophy run with a victory over BSP side Altrincham in a stunning game. The first leg of the semi-final was a tense game, but I managed to hold on for a 1-0 win giving me hope for the 2nd leg. By half-time in the 2nd game, we had doubled our lead and I felt confident for the first time. My players were pumped up, believing they could get even better still. Within 5 minutes it looked like that hope would be dashed, as York clawed one back. But it was swiftly disallowed. We dominated from then until the 74th minute when York did get one back against the run of play. However, we continued to dominate until the 89th minute when a 2nd goal on the night clinched a place in our first final!

However, I must digress, as before the FA Trophy final, there was the small matter of a Playoff Semi-Final against Worcester. The Final was due to be on the same weekend as the FA Trophy final, so I had no idea which one would take precedence or if I would be forced to play two games in two days. In case you dont know the answer to that question, I will leave you in suspense for now :p.

It was at this point that I realised that Conor Doyle would be back for some part of the end-of-season showpiece events. As I went into the playoff semi-final first leg, he was days from a return. Whether I risked him in the second leg, I decided, would have to be down to the situation we found ourselves in at the end of the first. But we went into the game on a 15-game unbeaten run, including games against higher-division opponents Altrincham and York. Confidence was high. However, things didnt go to plan. I lost a very even game 2-0, leaving a mammoth task in the 2nd leg. I just HAD to risk Doyle. He was fully fit, but only at 89%. However, I felt that the other strikers had done well enough that, if things did go wrong, I could rely on them to score at Wembley. I also resolved to bring Doyle off as soon as I felt the game was out of reach for one team or the other.

In a remarkable 28 minutes, Doyle looked fired up. But it wasnt to be his time. Not yet anyway. 2 minutes before the half-hour mark, Adorjan converted a stonewall penalty to make it 2, after Murphy had brought us back into the tie. Suddenly it all looked rosy again! However, after a chance to take the lead, just 7 minutes later, disaster struck and suddenly the home crowd were deflated. But Doyle was looking really up for it, and shot against the 'keeper in the 39th minute. But we went in at half time leading 2-1 but knowing that, with away goals irrelevant, we were now very much in the game. And just after the hour mark, cometh the time, cometh the man. Doyle slammed a beauty home from the edge of the penalty area. Surely it was ours for the taking now?

Not during normal time, at least. We poured men forward trying to win it before extra time, but to no avail. I even had both my key strikers on the pitch! Perhaps foolishly, I left them on for extra time. I should have taken Doyle off. After exactly 100 minutes, a corner came in and we were once again behind. Was this it for our promotion push? Doyle immediately went up the other end, but he shot just wide when he could have scored. It felt like at least the first "last chance"! It certainly wasnt the last of them. We peppered the Worcester goal for the entire final 15 minutes, Doyle in particular looking dangerous. For once, however, it wasnt to be for him, and our promotion dream was over for another season. After such an exciting match, coming so soon after the dramatic final day, I couldnt be too hard on the players, even though I knew they had thrown it away. With 26 league goals, top scorer despite a very lengthy injury, Doyle hadnt quite been able to do enough on his return to the team to see us through to the final. So now, it was time to re-motivate the players. We had a trophy to win.....! Also, the fact that the club had received its highest-ever gate could not hurt the finances!

Telford provided the opposition as Worksop went to Wembley for the first time. A picture, this time, tells a thousand words. Yes, the agony of extra-time once again!

This season also saw my first manager of the month award!! That was a good feeling! I also broke the club's unbeaten record in early April, another month in which I wont a manage of the month award for getting so close to automatic promotion with my run at the end.

Clearly, all the cup success culminating in a Wembley final meant that the finances are now in a much better shape. Wembley gate receipts took me out of the red in one day. So this means next season, it is, most certainly, AUTOMATIC PROMOTION TIME. It has to be, doesn't it?

The other goal for next season will be securing Doyle on a 2-year deal at least. With that cash, it's doable now. Might even get a stadium expansion, perhaps....it is a mark of how much bigger the club has got that this season, I didnt even get into the top three for manager of the year. In order to push on to automatic promotion, I think I need to bring in a top-class 'keeper and probably another central defender, as well as some top-class full-backs.

Key Players

Conor Doyle* - Stupidly easy decision as BSN Player of the Season as well as top scorer. Quite simply brilliant.

Andy Bradley - Played a crucial role to ensure that the loss of Doyle for nearly 2 months wasn't too damaging.

James McQuilkin - Little gem, this one. Quietly held the side together, and scored some magnificent goals.

Gary Murphy - I'm glad he's no longer the star of the side - it's a sign that the team is much better now. Not that he isn't still brilliant! Now attracting interest from Coventry.

Krisztian Adorjan - Still not as good as he should be, but improved a lot this year, and is pivotal to the side.

Lewis Garner - Most improved player of the season. Average last year, but kept getting better this time around.

Sean Ford - Sean 'Rory Delap' Ford's attributes speak for themselves. I have built a tactic around him!

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year

The historical best XI - six new inductees including the obvious!

So, onwards and, hopefully, upwards....

In other news, Stoke managed to beat Man Utd in the FA Cup final, meaning that the last two winners of the famous old trophy have been Wigan and Stoke....

Man City won their 4th title in five years, whilst the red half of Manchester were beaten by Claudio Ranieri's Inter in the Champions' League Final. Bad year in finals for United!

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208914&viewfull=1#post7208914]2012/13[/url]	    Blue Square North      17th	        45       Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7221336&viewfull=1#post7221336]2013/14[/url]	    Blue Square North      11th	        58       Mid-table finish, FA Cup 1st Round, BSN Manager of the Year.
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7229844&viewfull=1#post7229844]2014/15[/url]	    Blue Square North      13th	        56       Mid-table finish.
2015/16	    Blue Square North      2nd	        77       Playoff semi-finals; FA Cup 2nd round; FA Trophy Winners.

Cheers for that Impale, was worried it went on a bit!

Yeah - Doyle is awesome and McQuilkin seems massively underrated in-game to me. A top find. Need a few more quality players over the summer, especially as I think I will have to sell Doyle because he won't sign another extension, I dont think. Either summer or January, he'll be off up the leagues for a six-figure sum.

Well, I'm still awake at this time. I think it's apparent that I have nothing better to do... ;)

Re: Selling Doyle. I've been there many times before. I wouldn't be surprised if your chairman goes over your head for a fee that you find unacceptable. It's about time that FM had a contract clause for "a year in the clubs option". It's so common in football, no idea why it hasn't been implemented yet.

Hmm, I just noticed, why don't your players display any of the information on their attributes screen? Wage, value, age, nationality etc.

I've been rumored to replace Andre Villas Boas......at Everton.......by Mike Ashley....? wth?

First time my name has come up in the media, but fun non the less! =)

Just had my first job rumor -- mid-season of my first year. Leqgue two Gateshead only, but much earlier than I expected...another on same day, for L2 Stevenage. I didn't think I was doing *that* well!

Whoever is making these FA Cup draws hates me. Is it really too much to ask that I get a nice trip to a league club who can slaughter me while I make a bunch of money instead of giving me trips that reward me with more fixture congestion in front of like 5 paying customers? :(

I read somewhere here that teamwork is the only match preparation that builds up over time and it's possible to have it set to teamwork up until a day before a match and change it to something else to get double benefit.

There is an article covering this. Teamwork doesn't take any extra time --- doesn't cut into normal training...any other match preparation does, and so lowers overall training time. The article referenced the teamwork for all but day prior to match, then switching to something appropriate.

The players to replace Jamil Adam and Ben Williamson? I hope so :)

Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Andy Weimann

Williamson went for 30k and 50% sell on to Chesterfield and Adam went for 180k and 50% sell on to Ipswich. Shame to see both go but Adam would of likely gone sooner or later and Williamson would not cut it enough for my liking.

You managed to sign the Weeman?

If he plays anything like he has done when he was on loan to Watford then you've got a workhorse with quite a bit of quality. If you can keep him he should be good enough for the Championship.

G_D_K - I use the scout report of the opposition as a reminder to change the match preparation into something more suitable. Often not what the scout recommends, if hew recommends anything.

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2017/18

League Table

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis
2015/16    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      20th                             FA Trophy winners
2016/17    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      15th   
2017/18    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      4th                               Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy winners

Sorry about the basic update again.

The short and sweet story is that we started the year off dismally, but after a radical change in tactics, the boys rallied and we were amazing.

We have now turned professional and look forward to a new era in Chesham United.

sarahlomaxnewsinbox.png

Next Season

Somehow keep a half decent squad

Don't get relagated

You managed to sign the Weeman?

If he plays anything like he has done when he was on loan to Watford then you've got a workhorse with quite a bit of quality. If you can keep him he should be good enough for the Championship.

G_D_K - I use the scout report of the opposition as a reminder to change the match preparation into something more suitable. Often not what the scout recommends, if hew recommends anything.

I do the same, but only (at least when I remember) a day or so leading into the match...rest of the time I try to keep on teamwork, to maximize the rest of my training time.

Okay, person number 44's proper end of season write up. Not playing around with the fancy formatting as I don't know how to do that yet, but maybe in time...

Carshalton, season 1, season 2012/13, aka YEAR ZERO.

Media prediction - can't remember, but probably something insulting like "struggling against relegation".

Actual finish - 6th

Final squad

Transfers

Finances, we don't talk about finances.

I SAID WE DON'T TALK ABOUT FINANCES

Key players

The Axe. He's mint and is going to get better. A good League Two player, with me hopefully.

Thomas Petersen. My defensive rock, was released by Brondby, but impressed on trial and should see me through even to League One.

Matt Ingram. One of my first signings, purely on the basis he was released by Wycombe. No idea how good he'll turn out, but still lovely stats for Conference South.

Gomez was one of my better players, but was on a fortune. I took advantage of the "release at any time" clause, which is a lovely addition. And sacked him with 4 games left once the playoffs were out of reach.

Season summary

I started with the usual frenzy associated with the first season of a Dafuge challenge. I signed the first person I could find who was interested in being my assistant manager, luckily he was also able to play, despite being 40 years old. Surely he'd be useful? No, not a single minute of playing time for the ageing donkey. Once he was in, I also found some half (okay, quarter) decent staff, including former Wycombe man Stefan Oakes as a player coach.

Player wise, it was the usual set of misfits and idiots at first. In hindsight, there were some terrible mistakes in here, especially those on higher wages that I panic bought and have since failed to get rid of.

Throughout the season things picked up as my scouts found some (relative) gems and by the end of season I have a capable, relatively well balanced team, albeit one that allows me no flexibility to bring anyone in, despite me having the whole of the new season's transfer window in front of me. Although that is after signing this sexy beast.

Results wise, we started well. I played a possession based game for the first 2/3rds of the season, which although it looked pretty and returned some nice statistics in terms of possession and pass completion, saw me bored, frustrated and rooted in lower mid table. With 14 games left, I changed to a high tempo, counterattacking set up and things turned amazingly. 10 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from the last 14 games has me excited about next season. We finished 4 points off the playoffs, signing off with an away win against Basingstoke, who needed a win to try to stay up but whose disciplinary problems (they'd already had 12 sent off in the season) rather got the better of them.

The cups were a debacle.

STOP PRESS!

STADIUM EXPANSION!!

WHAT ARE THE SEATS MADE OF!?!?!

Edit: We're 40-1 for the new season. There's money to be made there. Maybe enough to buy some more seats...

Well my season is currently drawing to a close and after a disappointing first half of the season. It looked all doom and gloom for me. Screens to come soon but it has been my worst start to a season in quite some time. But alas I have 4 games left and am currently 6 pts clear, Will post my season review shortly.

#53 here reporting for duty.

Chesham are going pretty strongly, we're currently sitting in 8th although we've played more games than most of the BSS.

Signings include the usual Jamie Tank, Loris Karius and a man called Ben Wright who has been superb up front for me.

Attendances are dire, 350 people-ish per game. Terrible considering we're performing well above expectations.

But that's all from me this January - in the words of Arnie, I'll be back.

Thought I should just check in, my Oxford City boys are absolutely storming it this season after missing out on the playoffs by 2 points last year.

Currently we are top by 14 points with 11 games to go! I'll put a more in-depth post up at the end of the season, hopefully celebrating promotion!

Also, here's something I found that may be beneficial to some (spoilered as it is player/club naming that some people may want to avoid :))

Currently I have 11 Irish players who I signed from amateur teams in Ireland. I would defo recommend getting a scout over there. Notable teams include: Gweedore Utd, Kilmallock Utd, Col Corinthians and St Joseph's Boys. I've picked up a couple of players at least from each of those clubs and they are really doing the business. Screenies of the players available on request :)

Participate Number: 54

Stafford Rangers- 2012/2013 End of Season review

Well it started out a poor season and just everything about the team was poor.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at112051.png

In which I only managed to notch up 2 wins out of a shocking 19 games, I did begin to lose hope, but alas I used the second part of the season to soldier and clear out the garage.

I was going for a youthful approach to my season in which my average age was 21 so maybe that is why my team faltered and just did not look particular damaging to any of my opponents. I did have a massive transfer history to contend with. In which none of the players really excelled so I will be looking into that for the new coming season, That's if the board keep with me.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at101401.png

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at101429.png

Perhaps three players that particularly changed the outcome of my season was footballing vet Steve Woods aged 36 from Staines, John Cunliffe a loanee striker that although did not score, his presence in the area definitely brought out the best of Stafford striker Neville Thompson.

Here is my goal breakdown

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at111554.png

As you can see, My team seemed to not turn up to the game within the first 15 minutes. And I can tell you, it was frustrating since most of the goals conceeded were easily between the 0sec-1min mark!

Here is my final board confidence taken a week after the season finished! http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at111644.png

Here is my final league table and I shall indeed update at the start of the new season

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/Scottehhhhhh/Screenshot2011-10-29at111411.png

My game came today and after holidaying.. and holidaying again since i forgot to untick key staff, i am the proud manager of Hastings utd. Here's my manager profile thingo http://i.imgur.com/c7fqp.png, it would be appreciated if the gray man could add me to the list. I should have my first update by tomorrow, but ive got my transfers done already with 2k per week to spare (Anyone know of a good expensive striker/mid i can sign?). Im playing it tight since we started almost in the red.

ChippenhamTownBadge.png

#20 - CHIPPENHAM - BLUE SQUARE SOUTH - 2013/2014

Squad - Transfers In & Out - Final Table - Position History

I decided to make some changes to my squad from last season with a lot of the poor performers heading for the exit door to be replaced by a new batch. I missed out on a couple of targets but otherwise I started the season on a high after a good pre-season, highlighted by a 6-1 victory over League 1 Swindon in our penultimate friendly.

Sadly the league campaign didn't begin with the same buzz as last season and we suffered a couple of injuries, most notably to my star striker of last season, Adam Francis. While we were inconsistent in the league though we had no such trouble in the FA Cup however. We reached the 3rd Round and a home tie against Championship side Millwall were we held on for a 0-0 draw before losing 4-1 at the New Den.

The FA Trophy was a little bit frustrating as we reached the 1st Round, after coming through a replay with eventual BSS winners Eastleigh, to then lose out in another replay to Hampton & Richmond in a game where we'd dominated.

The second half of the season, after our cup exploits were over, saw us have to play a game every 2-3 days for far too long that cost us. An 8 game unbeaten run had me dreaming of sneaking into the playoffs but it wasn't to be and our inconsistency returned to see us end the season in mid-table once more.

FINAL POSITION - 14TH

HIGH - The FA Cup run, we were scoring for fun and knocked out League Two Walsall as well as Woking of the Blue Square Premier.

LOW - The 3 game losing streak that followed our FA Cup exit, including a 5-1 loss to Tonbridge.

KEY PLAYERS

Adam Francis - His injury at the start of the season was a big blow but he went on to have another good season for us.

Jim Thompson - He came through our youth system last season and I noticed my coaches recommended him quite highly. He could be one to hopefully follow us up the leagues.

Josh Millwood - He was my rock in central defence last season and he delivered once again this season. Consistent and he gets his fair share of goals surprisingly.

Oscar Threlkeld - My best signing of this summer by a long way. Formed a great partnership with Millwood in the centre of my defence.

Charlie Taylor - Another of my consistent players in defence. If only we had a better goalkeeper behind them.

Ben Mantom - Still a teenager but he performed very well when I used him this season. He'll hopefully be used a lot more next season.

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON

• New goalkeepers are a must. We're definitely missing out on points by not having a decent keeper behind my defence.
  • Another good run in the FA Cup would be nice financially, I may have to sacrifice it though to keep my squad fresh.
  • A push for the playoffs please.

[u]SEASON            LEAGUE                  POSITION                                  CUPS                                                  
[/u]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7208991&viewfull=1#post7208991"]2012/13[/url]           Blue Square South         15th            FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7239719&viewfull=1#post7239719"]2013/14[/url]           Blue Square South         14th            FA Cup 3rd Round, FA Trophy 1st Round

#2 Worksop BSN 2013/14

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Started this season in poor form dominating possesion in matches and getting a lot of chances but missing the target with most. Things turned around in Dec with the arrival of Mandron and Koroma who had bedded themselves in by this point, this led to a great run of 17 wins, 7 draws and 3 losses. I made the playoffs with 1 game to spare. I lost the first leg of the playoff semi 2-1 before winning 3-0 at home. I beat Corby 3-1 in the last game of the season with my reserve team but luck needed to be on my side to win the playoff.

Made the 1st Rd of the FA trophy before losing to Grimsby. In the FA cup i thrashed 2 of my rivals in making the 1st Rd where i was comfortably beaten 2-0 by L2 Barnet.

My finances are terrible, currently i am 200K in the red, the board has now built a new stadium to add to the debt. At 5862 it only slightly more than the 3200 i already have. The board have cut my wage budget for the new season.

Squad

Transfers

I signed Jansson, Dick and Hajrovic before the season started, they proved excellent buys and made the defence really tight. By Oct i added Ntini, Mandron and Koroma who made a real difference to the side by providing a goal threat. Trialed a few european youth internationals and signed the 2 danish and Smilyanov. Nielsen is my best player already a leading L2 player, also signed Thomas who proved rubbish in his 2 apps before a 2 month injury finished his season, i hope he can prove the difference in the BSP.

Lombaxe also rates a mention, started the season as a striker with no success, sat out most of the season but came back to put in some great displays at right midfield in the last 6 weeks.

In spite of all the incoming players player of the season was yet again the Tank.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd         FA Trophy - 3rd QRd          N/A                     None
2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd          FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                     Promoted via playoffs

Chippenham.jpg

Chippenham Town| Season 2013/14 | Blue Square Bet Premier

Table | Squad | Transfers | Player Stats | Best Eleven

A really good first season in the Blue Square Premier League, and we would have won the league if it wasn’t for an unbeatable Crewe Alexandria team. As 2nd place in the league, we hoped to get promoted via playoffs, but alas, it wasn’t to be this season. We lost 2-3 on aggregate against Burton in the Playoff Semifinal. Still many memorable moments, we retained the FA Trophy, and since we’re still in the BSP next season, we have a decent shot at the treble. We did well in the FA Cup as well, holding Premier League’s Wigan to a 0-0 draw at the DW Stadium in the 3rd round, before losing respectably 3-4 at home in a surprisingly even match.

Key players:

Could have mentioned more, but these stood out this year

Johannes Westö – | Winger | - did well again. 8 goals – 15 assists –and Av.r 7.53

Marko Mitrovic - | Striker | -top goalscorer. 25 goals - 4 assists - Av.r 7.35

Ryan Tunnicliffe - | MC | - solid in the middle. 1 goals - 2 assists - Av.r 7.08

Jake Nicholson | MC | - Young mc with potential. 5 goals and 7 assists – Av.r 7.10

Tom Tynan | Winger | - player of the season, 17 goals and 18 assists from the flank – Av.r 7.63

Derek Foran - | DC | - a rock at the back. Contributed forward too, 7 goals from set pieces in all games.

Joe McKee - | AMC | - Amazing player for most leagues I would think, 4 goals and 12 assists in just 15 games! - Av.r 7.47

Awards:

Blue Square Bet Premier Manager of the Year

Blue Square Bet Premier Player of the Year

Chippenham Town Fans' Player of the Year

Finances:

We signed fewer players on free transfer this season, but most of them was high quality. Thanks to constant haggling with agents over salaries, we are still well under the wage budget limit. The FA Trophy win and our run in the FA Cup have made sure that our finances look healthy at the moment, but we still have higher expenses than income, so that has to be addressed. It’s still nice to have a financial buffer.

Goals for next season:

1. Get rid of deadwood
  2. Keep costs down
  3. Look for more bargains
  4. Try to secure promotion
  5. Convince the board yet again to agree to increase the scouting range

Looking forward to the new season:)

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square Bet South           1st             FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
2013/14     Blue Square Bet Premier         2nd             FA Cup 3rd Rnd, FA Trophy Winner

#81 - Kingstonian. Season '12-'13. Blue Square South.

BSS position: 5th League table Lost in play-off final, on penalties.

FA Cup: 3rd Qualifying round

FA Trophy: 3rd round

Summary: Lots of draws, a bit of a slump, then in or around play-off places for the rest of the season mostly thanks to the meanest defence in the division. We were lucky to scrape through the play-off semi on penalties, then lost to form team Eastbourne (9 wins in last 11 league games) on penalties in the final. We were lucky to get to pens, as we got battered for 120 minutes.

Transfers:Transfers (page 1/3) Signed 61 players over the course of the season, nearly all youngsters on a fiver a week. Some made it to featuring in the first team, and as they came through I let the more expensive first-teamers go. Always kept well within the wage budget.

Future prospects: Despite my wage efficiency, the club is still losing money and Barry Hearn has no intention of putting more cash in. In fact, at the end of the season he cut the wage budget in half. My first-team squad for next year is 3 cheap senior players, Loris Karius, and whatever of the youth team are young enough to not need a new contract over the summer. It's going to be a struggle.

I took a screenshot of my rep early on with Hastings....midway through the season, I am seeing some small increase...though I'ms till showing a lot of the regional D7 teams ahead of me....I imagine it's just slow progress unless you win something (decent cup run, promotion, etc)

edit: Though, looking at the rep table, it looks like I'm still the lowest rep of all BSN/BSS teams

Updated the table - again, not sure if I've remembered to add every promotion into the leagues breakdown so if anyone has a few minutes on their hands please do check my figures!

Just gonna say great work mate! I checked quickly and couldn't find any errors.

# 7 Banbury United 2012/2013 Blue Square North

League

Fantastic Debut Season from my side. Bossed the league from the very first day. Built my squad around Loris Karius and a strong defence but also free flowing wingers.

Cups

Reached the 2nd round of the FAT before losing 2-1 to BSP Hereford. My FA Cup adventure ended in the first round to League 1 Bristol Rovers, losing 5-3 on Penalties after 2-2 draws in the initial tie and the replay.

Next Season

Goals

Survive

Strengthen some areas of the squad

Build a younger squad

Sort out the finances

Bury_Town_FC.png

Bury Town FC | Season 2014/15

League Table | Squad | Transfers

CHAMPIONS! Big turnaround from last season. Started the season dominantly and despite some injury concerns we never fell below 3rd and were atop the table for the last two thirds of the season.

Best player - Dominik Masek (ST/AML) 44(1) games, 23 gls, 19 asts, 8 mom, 7.46 av rat and Blue Square North player of the season

Other quality performers - Arman Verma (AMC), Dominic Iorfa (DC), Jordan Dunfield (DR) and Toni Silva (MR)

My number one striker JJ Hooper was injured for much of the season (And even when fit he'd pick up a knock every second game), but luckily we had Masek who more than filled his shoes. Hoping that after such a dominant season we won't have to make too many changes in order to be competitive in the Blue Square Premier.

Promotion was capped with the board deciding to build a new stadium!

History

Season      Division                    Position            Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7204400&viewfull=1#post7204400"]2012/13[/url]     Blue Square North             7th               FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Qual Rnd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7219857&viewfull=1#post7219857"]2013/14[/url]     Blue Square North             16th              FA Cup 1st Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Qual Rnd
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7240855&viewfull=1#post7240855"]2014/15[/url]     Blue Square North             1st*              FA Cup 4th Qual Rnd, FA Trophy 2nd Rnd

Trophy Cabinet

Trophy                                                               Year
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North                                                  [url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/bluesquarebetnorthovervq.png/"]2014/15[/url]

Awards

Blue Square North Manager of the Month                                                 4 times (Nov '12, Dec '14, Mar '15, Apr '15)
Blue Square North Manager of the Season                                                [url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/bluesquarebetnorthaward.png/"]Twice[/url] ("2012/13 & 2014/15)

Archived