dafuge's FM12 challenge

Congrats to those that have been promoted since yesterday! You all are going to complete the challenge before I get season 1 done lol.

Lots of new stadiums as well. I'm also slightly jealous looking at some of the players that are signing this year. Strikers with 14 pace and 10+ finishing/composure *drool*. Why cant any of them play for Bristol City or Swindon? :confused:

Tip for those having trouble signing players you want: Keep an eye on them even if they aren't interesting in talking to you. Come February/March, they will change their tune and sign for much lower amounts (assuming they are still free agents). I typically sign most of my best players during this time before the next seasons transfer window opens. It doesn't help your current season unless you make the play-offs, but its a great way to improve the team for the next season.

MikaelS: What happened? :(

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United - Season 2 Blue Square Bet Premier 2013/14

The season started like a nightmare we had a 6 consecutive streak of loss's at the beginning and followed was extremely inconsistent scraping points and conceding goals like there was no tomorrow

January came and we looked a bit better but only good enough to escape relegation and perhaps challenge for a mid table position we signed numerous players who put in some good performances but again not to a standard to challenge for the play-off spots, towards the end of the season we looked like a new team we were scoring goals for fun but it was too near the end and was not consistent enough we'd win 4-0 then follow with a 2-1 loss which isn't acceptable in my opinion !

Transfers - We signed some decent players and should help next season most of who were bought in january

Fa Cup - We reached the second round and i was happy with that, we put up a fight but our defence was too weak

Fa Trophy - Extremely pleased with the side here they were exceptional and put in some quality performances we were that good we reached the final and i was over the moon with what the team had achieved, to be honest i wasn't bothered if we lost we had smashed all expectations ! :) unfortunately we were beaten

League - 16th

Overall i thought the team did ok but next season we're gonna have to be a lot better ! ;)

Next season targets

Push for promotion

Sign some quality players

Is anyone else conceding goals from corners like they're going out of fashion? First season I probably conceded 7 or so. This season I concede on average 1 a game I reckon, easily. I've tried tweaking my corner settings, set match prep to defensive set pieces, etc; doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

#37 - Northwich Victoria - Blue Square Premier - Season 3 - 2014/15

200px-Northwich.png

Blue Square Premier - 15th

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

A carbon copy of last season, apart from 1 extra point. Not much else really to say, other than next season could be my last. Oh dear. If it happens, the game ends.

A run to the 1st round of the FA Cup saw us getted shredded by Nottingham Forest.

FA Trophy was disappointing AGAIN.

Transfers

I had hoped the new players would be much better than the current crop. Er, no. They weren't.

Key Players

Not so much a key player, but this chap deserves a mention. Came through the academy, and managed to score 7 goals, including a hatrick. Awesome

No real key players this season. Much like last season.

Next Season

For god's sake, a higher finish!

Not to go into Administration.

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------
| [b]Season[/b] | [b]Division[/b] | [b]Position[/b] |           [b]Achievements[/b]            |
|--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions, FA Trophy runner up  |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
|2013/14 |    BSP   |   15th   |             Survival              |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
|2014/15 |    BSP   |   15th   |          See last season          |
------------------------------------------------------------------

Just started a career with FC United, first time I'm trying this challenge. Completely forgot to take a screenshot, but I just have to share my new love:

Meet Håkon Kjæve who just scored 6 goals in one match...

1011996.jpeg

Will try to update in this thread. With Håkon everything is possible.

Just started a career with FC United, first time I'm trying this challenge. Completely forgot to take a screenshot, but I just have to share my new love:

Meet Håkon Kjæve who just scored 6 goals in one match...

1011996.jpeg

Will try to update in this thread. With Håkon everything is possible.

Good luck :) and nice 6 goals :D

Logo.png

Margate | Blue Square South | 2014/15 | 4th

League table

Playoff semi-final leg 1

Playoff semi-final leg 2

Playoff final

Summary

While it seems like a great season I was really disappointed with how the last 15 or so fixtures played out. We started the season well, looking like we could win it and, along with Farnborough, pulled away from the pack. This stayed the same until around February onwards when we only got one win in eleven and played awful. It was so frustrating seeing Farnborough start slipping up at the top and Eastleigh overtaking them, I couldn't help thinking that should be us at the top, but it wasn't to be. Thankfully our good form came on the last day of the season where we turned over the opposition and went into the playoffs on a high. That high thankfully saw us win the playoffs and march on into the BSP where an even harder test awaits the mighty Margate!!! :cool:

Oh, and we did nothing in the cups, but we never do so I don't care about them yet.

Just started my second season. Much like everyone else playing as Hendon I got a new stadium, but a capacity of only around 4000, and it won't be ready for two more seasons, but I'm already paying for it now.

Only a few games gone, but I'm already top and looking good, my staff have mangaed to find me some really good prospects, including theses three, who according to my coaches are good enough for league 1 potential.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512493312540?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512493313648?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512493314458?tab=public

and here are my first few fixtures;

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512493273816?tab=public

MikaelS: What happened? :(

Everything is happening. In 10 games I've scored 5 own goals, 3 from goalies. My players play like crap, I have shots but cannot score. I have so many short injuries that I'm usually stuck with 9-10 men for the last 20 minutes because I've used all subs.

BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-6.png

March was good, not great, but the good news is we are back in playoff contention. We managed to get some exciting youth players in March and they have added freshness to the team. A good april and we could cement our playoff position. A bad April could be disastrous for us. Will update again at the end of April.

Crispypaul (no.52)

Bradford Park Avenue

bradfordpa.png

2012/13

Blue Square Bet North

League: 1st

A very good season as we pipped AFC Telford on the last day of the season

FA Cup: 2nd Round

We did reasonably well until getting knocked out by League 2 Aldershot away

FA Trophy: 2nd Round

Slightly disappointing getting knocked out away at BSP side Crewe.

Key Players:

Leon Mettam: Top scorer with goals in all competitions

Gary Wharton: Linked up well with Mettam and scored a few also

Nathan Webb: Solid at right back

I was heavily linked to the League 1 Morecambe job right at the end of the season, which of course I denied I had any interest in.

Aims for season

- Stay up!

- have a smaller squad this season

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13       BSN                 1st                        Champions, Promoted

Everything is happening. In 10 games I've scored 5 own goals, 3 from goalies. My players play like crap, I have shots but cannot score. I have so many short injuries that I'm usually stuck with 9-10 men for the last 20 minutes because I've used all subs.

Who do you have in goal and does he have high eccentricity? I've had a couple of those, and they drove me crazy!

I'm a bit worried about the keeper spot for this year. Unless I can change his mind and sign Elliot Parrish, I'm likely going to be stuck with Chris Snoddy still in goal. With 10 handling, 9 reflexes, and only 7 one on ones, it could be a long season. For some reason, the best available qualifying keeper keeps refusing to talk to me. He's some guy named David James and I'm unable to match the 15k/wk he has been on at Bristol City :lol: .

I'm guessing the injury thing is probably based on fitness levels? With p/t contracts I can see it being much harder to keep fitness levels up, particularly in the fixture congestion around Christmas. i usually have a huge squad (30+), and its not an issue. This year, fielding even the first team is going to require keeping on some of the old guard I'd never otherwise play.

Shooting and not scoring is something else I completely understand :) Definitely turn long shots for everyone to "rarely" unless you managed to grab someone with great long shots. Midfielders at this level are just never meant to try and score in FM lol. I also tend to use "work ball into box" shouts to minimize poor % shots (this wont stop them from missing sitters :( ).

Hope something helps! Now that its finally the weekend, I should be able to get started and I can join you in the frustration lol!

My players play like crap, I have shots but cannot score. I have so many short injuries that I'm usually stuck with 9-10 men for the last 20 minutes because I've used all subs.

Have you thought about changing the match prep. My team kept getting 55-60% possesion and load of shots on goal but none on target. My match prep was attacking movement and i put it onto teamwork. My team improved immensely and i started scoring more goals.

It could also have been down to signing much better strikers and the team winning!

Have you thought about changing the match prep. My team kept getting 55-60% possesion and load of shots on goal but none on target. My match prep was attacking movement and i put it onto teamwork. My team improved immensely and i started scoring more goals.

It could also have been down to signing much better strikers and the team winning!

What the hell is match prep? :)

Well we havent won in forever and we coninue to fall down the league table. I am getting annoyed though with the game and how consistent and often we can go 2v0 up by half time only for them to swing it and win 3v2... Or it ends in a draw. We always throw away our leads. Meh.

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2015/16 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A great season for us. We started good and just kept on playing better and better. Barnet and us ran away in the league early on, but it was a struggle to keep them at bay. Luckily they hit a slump in form around Christmas so I could get some points away from them. In the end, we won it with 3 matches remaining. I do not know why we suddenly kept on winning as we used the same tactics as we have the other seasons, but I'm not complaining. As the season progressed it was clear I had a great partnership up front in Ümit Eminoglu and Anders Rømer, and in the few cases where they were injured we had a good backup in Villyan Bijev. From the midfield we had loads of assists from Elliot Andrews and David Hutton while our very own youth player, David Hart, has more than delivered. Between the posts Marek Farkas has been rock solid with the help from defenders Radim Skacel, Gareth Hutchison, Kenzer Lee and Jamie Reckord. Other notable players have are Billy Waters and Rolf-Inge Nymark.

In the cups we had some good runs. The FA Cup turned out to be a real money maker as we came to the 4th round were we had an away tie against Premiership outfit Ipswich. This netted us £140k for the TV right aswell as about £300k from the match. And even though we lost 2-1 we did a great job. In the FA Trophy we lucked out and got easy ties all the way to the final where we won 2-1 over AFC Telford.

Financially we are looking better than ever and hopefully it will only increase. The board has decided to build some more seats in our stadium, but the overall capacity is still the same. This season we had over 1k attendance average and this should increase further in League Two. So bring on the Football League!

Season         Division             Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table
2015/16        Blue Square Premier  1st        Champions, FA Trophy Winners

Aaaaaaah haven't seen that. It was set on 'no specific focus' and workload is on Average.

Teamwork just helps the squad gel together, i always keep it on average except in preseason when i put teamwork to high to help new signings to bed in.

Don't know what no specific focus does if the workload is average

Kccircle: I think I saw someone with met police (800), but I don't see them on the list. Either way, 850 is already plenty hard enough :) Took me forever to even get Chippenham at 950, so you must have either gotten very lucky, or reloaded a ton!

MikaelS: lol! It's that thing that pops up before your first match and says asks you what you want to do. In my case, its also that thing my Assistant pesters me with non-stop because I only have one tactic and that doesn't make him happy! Getting my guys to work with 1 tactic is hard enough thanks *boots Assistant*.

In all seriousness, match prep does seem to make a difference (its located bottom left of tactics screen). I leave it on teamwork until around Christmas to try and get the squad to gel together (very important when you are changing 90% of the team yearly), and then switch to defensive set pieces for the second half of the season so I don't end up giving away 20582085208520820 goals from corners.

I read somewhere here that teamwork is the only match preparation that builds up over time and it's possible to have it set to teamwork up until a day before a match and change it to something else to get double benefit.

Overall Carshalton had a great season and finished 4th, the highest ever finish in its history. We were unable to win the playoff semi final, but lost to the eventual winners of the competition. Hopefully next season we can go one further and get promoted! :-)

Heart break. Just finished my first season as Weymouth. Started really badly, then had an amzing spell in the middle of season that pushed us up into 2nd spot. Had a really bad spell then, and with one game left we were 1 point from the playoffs. We won our last game, and one of the other teams lost, so we snuck in the backdoor, only to lose in the first leg home and away to a far superior team.

Gutted :(

#6 Hitchin Season 5 Update 2016/17

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Squad - Graph - Table - Profile - Finances - Transfers

Awards

Manager of the year

Before going over the season in details, let me first say, this has been one of my best seasons ever in FM, as well as one of the most interesting and "breath-taking".

Finished the season as champions, after a constant race with Fleetwood. On the graph, I linked both Fleetwood and Hitchin. Season itself really was a breeze, team was confident throughout whole season, and we were lucky with our injuries. The injuries that came, did have the FM2010 model of 4-5 weeks, but they came at times i could "afford" not to play in best formation. Only signed 3 new players, whereas only 1 of them was a regular. Best game of the season was a 7-0 away win at Forest Green.

Changed back to 4-4-2 and only 5-3-2 in a few away matches. Have prematch set to attacking set pieces for almost 2 seasons now, has started to pay of!

Chairman finally managed to sell the club, and the new chairman seems to have some ambitions. He decided to put up a new stadium, which will stand ready in 2019 and can hold 5352 capacity. Previous could hold 4300. To me, it does seem like a waste of money, as we currently only have an av attendance of 1350. As a little comfort in loaning the money for new stadium, he injected our finances with 450k. For the first time in 5 seasons, we are in the black!

Cup run was a disaster and a triumph.

FA Cup: a quick exit in the 1st round to Oxford, who finished 6th in L2

FAT: Well deserved (and a little lucky) we won the trophy after a hard fought match vs Cambridge. Cambridge has been our nemesis in BSP and the final was our first win against them.

Noteworthy players of the season:

GK:

- Abubakar Egal: New signing, previously West Ham. Not a replacement keeper yet, but scouts believe he is L1 potential and better than Karius, slowly playing him into the team due to his young age.

DEF:

- Carl Flynn: Another amazing season from this young lad. Clearly the backbone of our defense.

- Guiseppe Simonetto: As well a really solid defender, played both central and left defense in this season.

- Paul Downing: Not his best season, he did have a few injuries and not too consistant in performance.

MID:

- Martin Fischer: This seasons most reliable midfielder, really hope i can keep him for years.

- Toby James: Also this season played really well. But think this is as good as he gets, may have to find a replacement for left midfield next season.

- Alex Billington: Last season most assists. Played a solid mix of defense and midfield this season.

Attack was a challenge this season, 3 really good players and 1 good sub. Solution was..

Mark Hayes: Last seasons topscorer, but due to no right midfielder he played winger most of season. And he did it really well! 14 goals and 18 assists.

Tom Lawrence: Played his way back into the team this year.

Jimmie Andersson: New signingm previously Malmö FF and current U21. Was amazing in offense, and key to our promotion. 31 goals. 12 assists.

Really looking forward to see what our young squad can perform in L2.

Staff: 12 coaches and 3 scouts! Asking board to increase staff often, i am sure is helping more than "swapping" players constantly!

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium

Archived