dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still only in October here in my first year with Hastings United, but I have found my man!

My scouts unearthed this little fella, 18 years old and zero professional games under his belt.

I think he wants to make an impression....

darrenshannon.jpg

4 goals in 4 games from AML, with 3 assists as well.

Granted 3 games were against non league FA Cup qualifiers, but me likee :D

6 of my starting XI are 21 or under, including the full back four (avg age of 19). 4 of the bench are under 21 too.

Hoping to ride the youthful exuberance before they wilt.....

Yeah, my scouts cannot find anyone good, at all! Having to rely on the backroom staff, which is annoying.

Most of my players are found through backroom staff - i then scout them with scouts who are more reliable on info (i hope) - So don't let that take you down ;)

Hadn't even so much as kicked a ball in anger and had a takeover.

Everyones favorite sporting business man. Barry Hearn

In my game he waited until after my first match to take-over. :D

At Kingstonian also - Manager profile

We've just climbed into the play-off places with 18 games gone, after a bumpy start to the season. Scouts and backroom staff are finding plenty of prospects on youth contracts, so my youth team squad is packed out. At least until they want more than a fiver a week!

Worksop Season Review (14/15)

Table

Graph

Season Review: Prooooooooooomotion! Champions of the league and another fun season. Along with a new stadium and upgraded training facilities. Things got off to a strong start and we were at the top of the table all season and had a decent FA Cup run. No real negatives other than the low wage budget forcing me to use mostly youth contracts but it got the job done.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Ashby - S - Had a great season, has real tenacity up front and any seems to poke in anything that gets near the goal.

Karius - GK - Another hot and cold season.

Nanetti - M - Solid pick up was great at setting things up from the outside.

McCarthy - S - Late find but looks solid.

Next Season: Rebuild squad.

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2015/16 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

This has been a great season so far where everything has gone our way so far. We started great and have kept our form all season, and if it continues we should have a good chance of promotion this year. I was worried before the season started considering the board cut my wage budget, but it kinda helped as we got rid of loads of dead weight. I also sold two players this summer to gain some need cash and tried to replace them with free ones. This has been a great season so far and I do hope it continues as long as possible. We now have an eight point lead and hopefully that is enough to keep us ahead if we hit a slump in form.

We are still in both cups and hopefully we can progress even further. In the FA Cup we have had easy matches so far and we are up against Gateshead in the 3rd round. A tie that should be possible. In the FA Trophy we have only played one match so far, our thrashing of Southend.

The players that have been the biggest contributers to our great season so far has been Ümit Eminoglu and his partner up front Anders Rømer. In the net we have had a great goalkeeper in Marek Farkas, even though he doesn't have many clean sheets he has saved us numerous times. We've gotten a great new right back who also has showed some skills in Radim Skacel.

Marine | Season 2013 - 14

|

What a way to end my season! Almost could not make it to the
as the team was having a bad string of defeats and unable to score totally. (This bring me to my target for next season - better quality striker)

Reach 3rd round and lost 0-3 to stoke, but that was good $ for club. Almost 300k earning!

Never performed as well as previous season, knocked out @ 3rd round. Will try to aim for win

|

Found a couple of new player which help the team this season.

- Good and stable defender.

- Excellent winger.

- Another good midfielder that top my assist table

Much better in term of my finances this season!

Goal for next season!

• Build on the $

• Try to get promoted

• Get rid of deadwoods.

Hastings 1st Season mid-season report:

A good run in December (4 league wins in 5 matches) put us comfortably in the top half of the table. Could be better, but some injuries in the middle part of the half hurt, with little cover. A few key signings have plugged those gaps, and the team seems to have gelled fairly well. I'm still £1K under my wage budget, so one or two players might still be brought in. I finally have a couple of good playmakers in the center and on the right---a ML and DL might be the final keys. With no cup matches left to look forward to (out in the 3rd qualifying round of both cups) I can put in a concerted effort to make the playoff spots----well above what I envisioned for my first season, but currently well within my grasp.

1st Half Table

A couple key players:

Jordan Tunnicliffe -- a relatively late signing, becoming a solid rock in defence with 4 MOM in 9 league appearances -- also earned player of month for December

Ethan Mannion--not as prolific in my save as on a couple others in this thread, still joint top of the scoreboard for Hastings (in total goals scored). Chipped in with 4 league assists.

Chris Molyneaux My 16 yo striker is still doing well --- though he's proven to be a bit injury prone---missed 2 months over two separate one-month windows. Scored the teams only hattrick a couple weeks after recovering from his first injury. 9/4 goals/assists, all in league matches. Not a signing--native to the team.

A couple recent signings look to be quality --- one tipped to have Championship potential, another to have L1 potential. Will see how they pan out throughout the season.

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2016/17

League Table

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis
2015/16    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      20th                             FA Trophy winners
2016/17    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      15th                             

Sorry I'm sick/tired/lazy. Will resume normal programming next season

Next Season

Keep going up the ladder.

Make more money

Colin Greener - Hendon - BSBS 5th place (play off promotion) Season 2012/13

Finished my first season with promotion via the playoffs. Started the seaons very well, only lost 1 in 20, but then had a very bad spell over winter, but mnaged to get back in the playoffs towards the end of the season. Won the semi final first leg 5-0, so put out the reserves and lost 5-3. For the final, two of my better players were called up by N.Irealand U19. But still won the final 2-1 after extra time, and my GK contrived to get himself sent off by walking outside the area in the 118th minute. Managed to hold on though.

I've found the most important signings have been my staff, got Benjani as a coach, and found a really good scout. My assistant is also good at judgin players helping me pick the best players. At the beginning of the season I must've signed over 100 players on trial, reflected in the amount of players I've bought and sold.

It's been a good season, next season is all about consolidation.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512486526542?tab=all

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512486527367?tab=all

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512486528690?tab=all

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979271148/screenshot/595826512486528071?tab=all

Someone mind checking my figures in the table? I dont think they add up and I dont know why. I need to know which teams have more or fewer than I say, whether the league stats are correct, and whether the total number of end-of-season posts is correct. I know the teams arent, but cant see quickly which one.

I'm doing this all the time but the longer it gets the harder it is, and if I'm not careful I'll spend more time doing that than playing the game itself!!!

Thanks!

just played FA Trophy final against Kettering at Wembley infront of just over 22,000

it was a close fought game with it finishing 0-0 in ninety minutes and 1-1 after extra time meaning it was down to the lottery of penalties

kettering duly when the toss and got to go first in the shooout

we were evenly matched with both sides scoring their first 3 penalties, kettering scored their fourth penalty putting the pressure on us, Thornley stepped up for us but blasted his penalty wide of the left post, this meant we had to pray Kettering would miss their last, but their player confidently stepped blasting the ball straight down the middle of the goal after our keeper tried to guess which way and moved early

meaning Kettering ran out 5-3 winners on penalties

Gypsum's Worksop town - Blue square Premier - 2013/14

League position: 12th / Position chart - A decent league run overall, but our early progress towards the playoff places was hampered by injuries and the fixture congestion caused by our FA cup run.

FA Cup - Managed to beat two League 1 clubs before succumbing to Championship Blackpool. As with our league form, we never struggled for goals, but clear sheets were rare.

Transfers

Finances - A good cup run and constant cash injections from the board have kept our finances looking extremely healthy, with £500k in the bank.

General squad info

Star players:

1- Liam Reffin - Our star centre-back, who also managed to bag 18 goals as the target man from set pieces!

2- Victor Zapata-Caicedo - A Columbian striker with 16 goals and 16 assists.

3- Colin Patrick O'Brien - The young Irishman built on last season's promise and ended up as our top scorer with 24 goals.

Notable mentions: Sean Thornton - An experienced midfielder who brought a lot of class to our midfield, with 20 assists.

Other information: We're due to move into the 6255 capacity Worksop stadium before the start of the next season.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7235105&viewfull=1#post7235105"]2013/14[/url]              Blue square Premier                  12th                       FA Cup third round

Gypsum - Sean Thornton is a great signing was tempted to get him in L2 as was better than my mids but decided to stand by my younger players.

He's a cracking player at BSP level, but not too consistent. He's probably leaving anyway as he wants £800 a week!

CHESHAM UNITED F.C - Season 2012/13

badgecheshamunited.png

League Table | Squad | Transfers In/Out

Super start to the challenge. Promotion in my first season despite taking a miserly 5 points from my first 7 games. In truth, that was more down to over-intricate tactics that weren't suitable to the calibre of player I had at the club. Once I got rid of a bit more of the deadwood already in the squad, added a bit more quality to the squad, and underwent a bit of simplification, we found our winning rhythm. If the start of the season hadn't been so poor, we probably would have won the league instead of a very comfortable playoff win. 6-3 aggregate Semi-Final win over Salisbury in the semi-finals, followed by another 6-3 final thriller over Truro. It wasn't all joy though, as I went down 2-1 in the FA Trophy Final to a far superior Stockport side.

Further to the promotion, the other big positive I'm taking from the season, is having achieved it while making a 130k profit for the season, something I've never come close to achieving in previous years.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           3rd         Playoff Winners, F.A Cup 1st Rnd, F.A Trophy Runners Up

#18 reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet Premier - Finishing Position 20th - Season 2014-15

forgot to take screenshots was busy getting lunch and suddenly realised on 6th June hadn't done them, taken all i needed to but the finances has just changed to this season but clearly shows that at end last season we made a healthy profit. So here goes the update

a poor season in the league with us only surviving relegation with 3 games left to play. the reason for this was our run in the FA Carlsberg Trophy which saw us get all the way to the final losing 5-3 on penealties to Kettering in front of just over 22,000 on a sunny saturday afternoon in May at Wembley.

the trophy run meant we started getting a backlog of games due to a couple of trophy games going to replays and players were getting tired and losing match fitness because of injuries. tried to use some of the reserves but for some reason the reserves only played once in February and March and a couple of times in April which meant these players were also not match fit but some how we managed to get though it.

once again the best player this season was our centre back Dean Dean who played 53 out of the 57 games we played, and if it wasn't for him doing he usual at setpieces by somehow losing his maker alot, getting to the ball and scoring 19 goals making him our top scorer for the second season in a row.

on a plus side because of the trophy run we finished with a profit of £168,378 for the season.

Table Graph Squad Best Player Xfers1 Xfers2 Finances

plan for next season

1) improve squad

2) find some players who can actually hit a barn door so i dont have to rely on my centre back to score all the time

3) try to finish mid table or higher if possible

4) have another cup run to improve finances even more

5) try to get training facilities a small upgrade to help with squad fitness so we dont have the same as towards end of last season

Drew even against Colchester (L1) away FA Cup match. Really surprised but ill take it.

Nice purse to boot for tv revenue (130k) :)

19 games into my second season and sitting in 3rd, 2 points behind leader. This year has been much better after i changed my away tactics and it has made a huge difference.

YES! Signed Doyle up for a couple more years! Not cheap at £26k per year, but he has 30 goals in 32 games so I think he's worth the outlay....

He doesnt seem to be getting the goals for me! Maybe it's because I'm a few years ahead of you and he's not as good

Archived