dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC HORNCHURCH

SEASON 2012/13 REVIEW

TABLE SQUAD FINANCES TRANSFERS

First season with AFC Hornchurch arrived to a terrible squad spending £30 per week on wages and when season kicked off was still only on £480 per week. Really struggled early season despite and encouraging away point in the first game, this was followed by 2 more points from 7 games. The defence was a nervous wreck and the signing of La’Vere Corbin Orn (has everyone got this guy lol) steadied the ship. Our 9th game finally brought 3 points. From then on with more players arriving we improved week on week but could never crack the top 8. Towards the end of the season to many draws to make the play off's. We crashed at the first hurdle of the FA trophy but a stunning FA CUP run was the highlight of our season.

2nd qual. round 4-0 v Dover

3rd qual. round 3-0 v Deal

4th qual. round 4-0 v Maidenhead

FA cup 1st round 1-0 v AFC Telford

FA cup 2nd round 0-0 v Darlington

FA cup 2nd round (rep) 5-2 v Darlington

FA cup 3rd round 0-0 v Tranmere

FA cup 3rd round (rep) 1-3 v Tranmere

An awesome performance to get this far and with the replays and prize money bringing in around £100,000 to help us to a small profit.

Star players

Dean Bracken – Didn’t think he would make the grade but with the strickers we signed all disappointing it was his 21 goals from 41 games

Eoin O’Callaghan - January signing from Irish club Killmalock Utd. Awesome from set pieces, 6 goals in 20 games and a rock at the back. Will be here for the long term unless we receive a big offer.

Next season plan

Even with our cup run we still only just made a profit so funds remain tight, small improvement to the squad and hopefully a shot at the playoffs. Cup run would be nice again but will struggle to mach this seasons exploits. Maybe we can sell a player or 2 will help funds.

Such were the achievements of the season my fellow managers have voted me" manager of the year" :D:D:D not bad for finishing 11th

Out of interest, how is everyone else finding their new signings?.

Personally, I scout any players reccomended to me by my staff, and trawl the list of players scouted by my scouts to find anyone suitable.

Those of interest I generally give a trial to and try them out in friendlies or reserve fixtures, unless I'm really desperate for cover, and then I may be persuaded to take a punt w/o trialing.

Anyone else doing it like this, or are others going about it in a different way?

Personally, I am relying on my scouts and coach recommendations. They seem to be finding decent+ players for me (just had one sign that was predicted to be a leading League ONE player!

When I see news reports about younger players (going on trial with other teams, awards, dissatisfaction, etc.) I throw them in my scout pool to check them out at the scouts leisure. I don't like using the player search feature for these types of challenges...makes it too easy IMO.

#6 Hitchin Season 3 update - BSS 2014/15

A very good season, that finally saw us rise as the champions we knew we were! It was a very close raise with Eastleigh and Farnborough. Eastleigh had been untouchable most of the season, and didn't loose their position as number 1until game 39 of the season.

Went from the normal 4-4-2 to 5-3-2 throghout most of the season. Except a few highscoring games, we didn't score as many goals, but we neither conceded many. Theory was - if i could minimize goals conceded, i would score with the strikers i had at my disposal. Had i changed to 5-3-2 last season, that could probably have given advancement from BSS already there.

Cup run was a good one. Still no trophy's, but they will come :D

FA Cup: 2nd round exit to Sheffield Utd, who trounced us 4-0 away.

FAT: Runner up. Lost in the final to a very strong BSP team Ebsfleet. Scoreline said 1-4 in front of a crowd of 22262. Ebsfleet finished second in BSP.

Defense, midfield and attack had some new signings in Jan/Feb - who really made the rest of the season a breeze.

Strong players of the season:

Defense:

- Poul Downing: Previously Cheltenham. Very strong DC. also helped with a few goals.

- Giuseppe Simonetto: Previously West Ham. Strong DLC.

Midfield:

- Kyle de Silva: His second season with us, previously Crystal Palace. Incredible with assists. 35 games 22 assists.

- Toby James: Previously Man Utd. Fast MLC with good passing/crossing. 18 games 5 goals 6 assists.

- Martin Fischer: Previously Southampton. Strong solid DMC/MC very good stats for this level.

Attack:

- Tom Lawrence: Ex-Man Utd, free transfer from Corby. His stats aren't really special, but he can score goals! Attack was build on him over the season. 49 games 27 goals.

Looking forward to carry this form onto next season in BSP!

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up

#18 reddevil4ever - Hastings Utd - Blue Square BET South - Season 2 - 2013-14 Promoted Via Playoff

A great season with reaching the playoff final against Eastbourne Boro and running out 2-1 winners

Things to do next season:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Improve Squad

3) Improve Finances by having a good cup run or two

Congrats RedD on your Hastings triumph! I've just finished my second month---as expected it was a bit of a letoff from my first month, but I'm still sitting in 9th. The young 16yo Striker missed most of the month to injury, he's back now, and I've picked up a pair of players to slot in as well...a striker partner (Mannion---someone else picked him up in this thread too) that should help my scoring, and a midfielder I will name at the end of the season---both scouts tipped him to have League One potential, and he's playing his first match now.

Unfortunately, my FA cup run might be over before i begins...I drew rivals Eastbourne Boro away, and while I managed a 0-0 draw, the home tie is not looking good. Went down a goal in the 17th minute, then had my right winger sent off in the 29th....not looking good

edit: looking slightly better...Mannion just equalized in the 62 minute---still a long to to go....hope I can avoid ET!

Damn....Mannion just missed a real sitter :(

OMG! A late stoppage time by my DC (4:22 into a 3 minute stoppage time) --- off of a corner that was played back in after a partial clearance) puts me up 2-1....and then, at 5:49 of the 3:00 stoppage time, he equalizes!!! :( Nooooooo!

A glimmer of hope...Mannion scores his second of the game in the 4th minute of extra time....now if I can hold onto this lead....

Of course I can't....9th minute of extra time, Eastbourne equalizes from a corner...

1st half of extra time is through...game knotted at 3-3

Oooh....my new midfielder just shot a screamer from 35 or 40 yards that rattled off of the upright....so close!

Well....not the best way to have it, but we are level on 10 men each, as his MR just went off injured...2 minutes of extra time left....looking like penalties...

Penalties it is...and a poor start, as Mannion blasts his over the bar. However, Chenoweth saves Eastbournes first attepmt, so we're still level....

Second attempt, Striker King scores, and his top score blasts his over the bar..... and we're in the lead...

New midfielder scores for us, as does his 3rd PK taker....we're still up 2-1, two to come

Hennesey scores for us, but his 4th returns the favor...3-2, one to come. If I score, we're in...

High and wide :( Still a chance for him to miss...but no, it's level 3-3 after 5

My sub CM calmly puts into the corner....

and Chenoweth SAVES the last shot....for a Hastings Utd VICTORY!!!!

In the 2nd qualifying round of the FA cup (I know...sounded like a final, didn't it???? :) )

This was definitely a rivalry match!

3rd Qual round is home against div 7 Weymouth....*should* be less of a nail-biter.

Has anyone else had a team in their division get a good team as a parent club, and sign ridiculous players on loan?

Hinckley have Leicester as theirs. They currently have Neil Danns, Lloyd Dyer, Lee Peltier and Jermaine Beckford on loan. Jermaine Beckford for crying out loud!

Has anyone else had a team in their division get a good team as a parent club, and sign ridiculous players on loan?

Hinckley have Leicester as theirs. They currently have Neil Danns, Lloyd Dyer, Lee Peltier and Jermaine Beckford on loan. Jermaine Beckford for crying out loud!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/281349-EPL-players-at-BSP

#48 Redditch United

Season One - 2012/2013 - Blue Square North

BadgeRedditch_United.png

Blue Square North - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round

An excellent season, a couple of sticky patches that we pulled through and some horrendous injury problems. Both LM's out for 12 and 3 months respectively, main striker injured for 3 months and others. Managed to get to the FA Cup first round where we were knocked out against League Two outfit Crawley. The FA Trophy saw us out in the 3rd Qualifying round somewhat unfairly with a 1-2 loss to Gloucester.

Highlight of the season

Scoring in the 94th and final minute to win 2-1 against third placed Stalybridge Celtic to claim the league on the penultimate game of the season, courtesy of an own-goal.

Lowpoint of the season

Getting stuffed 0-6 at home to Histon in November despite being arguably the better side, the game before being knocked out of the FA Cup. A bad week.

Transfers

The Key Men

Loris Karius - GK - A few of you have him. Played 40, Conceded 40, Clean Sheets 19. A great stopper.

Pelé - DC - Ex-West Brom defender. Getting on a bit but extremely dependable (except for a two-footed tackle with 2 games to go)

Chris Moore - RM - Not much to look at, but a goal every 3 games. No idea why he's deteriorating. He's training fine. BSP may be too much of a step up.

Lars Anderson - CM - Signed halfway through the season, incredible talent. L2 standard easy.

Glen Crowe - ST - Another old-boy. Lacks pace but has a fierce shot. Top scorer with 23 league goals in 41 games.

Jack Lyons - ST - 16 goals in 27 games. We're a completely different team when he's on the pitch.

Next season's aims

Get under my wage budget

Turn a profit

Cup run

Mid-table finish/play-off push

Career Summary

------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Division | Position |          Achievements             |
|--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions  |
------------------------------------------------------------------

BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Much better month here, and two games in hand. Hopefully January will prove a good month again, and if we can finish the first season, even in the playoffs, then that would be a great result. obviously there is still a way to go, so will reevalute the situation at the end of January, but certainly we are still in the mix at the moment.

Mini January Update

Table

5 points clear at the top which I hopefully can hold on too as don't want to attempt to battle through the play-offs

January Transfers in

Joe McKee - Should chip in a few goals from FKs :lol:

Hope Akpan

Matthew Pearson

Michele Fornasier

Likely all play a part vs Liverpool.

Finances

£83,825

Liverpool up next so will post up score and how much extra money we made from it and also any more transfers as in talks with some.

Oh wow I had Hope Akpan I think in FM2010 awesome to see him in someones game.

Had him on Fifa when he was free and was star in L2 so nice to see him on FM

That Joe McKee is amazing.

Good comp for places in CM so may try him AMR as IF or AP. lack of speed only worry but can't find any decent ones and I think he will do a decent job.

Back at work tonight, but managed a few games before I left.

An away win, then a home draw was followed by a second draw, this time away. Then got spanked 4-0 at home against 10 man Cheltenham, and my 1st teams morale has taken one hell of a hammering.

:mad:

BDDB3D882DCC42780EC75A76B682BEA1518D8215

2-0 not bad considering they were all over us. Highlight for us was some world class freekicks from McKee which somehow did not go in. Still unsure how to play him.

Finances

Now at £759,608 so gained £675,783

Shame friendlies doesn't give the same cash :D

Flying so far! - Heading into November, 2nd in BSN, quite a distance off the top, but 11 unbeaten at the moment in the league and not looking like stopping either! Star striker Scott Bridges is unstoppable, scoring 15 goals in 15 games so far, the rest are supporting him well.

We did beat Histon 3-0 away, and if we keep playing like we are, have a decent chance of chasing them down, but we need to rely on them dropping points elsewhere too, which may be easier said than done!

How are people finding the wage budgets? In FMs of the past, I've often gone thousands over budget, but it seems these days if you go over, you can barely offer anything. I lost a few good players at the end of the season, as I couldn't offer them improved contracts.

How are people finding the wage budgets? In FMs of the past, I've often gone thousands over budget, but it seems these days if you go over, you can barely offer anything. I lost a few good players at the end of the season, as I couldn't offer them improved contracts.

I'm well within budget at the moment, but the club is leaking money all over the place, and I'm not quite sure how to stop it. The likely promotion I seem to be serving up should hopefully help that.

I'm sitting at only about 1/2 my wage budget....giving me time to slowly add to the team throughout the season as I find the right players. Hopefully this will keep me at/close to a positive balance at end of year...

Im also comfortably within budget, waiting for a decent Striker and Goalkeeper to rear their ugly heads!.

Tooting-mitcham-utd.jpg

Team Info

Manager Profile

Manager Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babaginoosh - Tooting & Mitcham - Season 2012/2013 - 1st Year

Media prediction - 22nd

Actual finish - 10th

A mediocre start in the season really kept this team back from finishing high in the table. I had a difficult time fitting players into their natural positions but mid way through the season i figured it out and the team went rolling. Keeping Ben Mackey was the best move i made, finishing his season with 21 goals in 36 appearances. Finding a position for him was crucial to my season and once i did the team went flying. After reviewing my team at end of season i realized we were very weak in away games, so its time to come up with some defensive away tactics to keep the team top of the table. Went on a 5 game abysmal losing streak, being topped off by an 0-7 slaughter at the hands of Chelmsford.

Overall, the season went well after finishing 10th. I was running about 200k in the red until our board made a generous fusion of much needed cash which left the with only 200k deficit :lol: This season will bring new challenges, such as resigning top players and finding new ones to plug holes.

Overall - Home - Away

Awesome record at home, terrible record away. Need to find the right formation for away games because im just conceding way too many. Goal differential for away games was -15 which completely killed any shot of moving up in the table.

Key Players

Ben Mackey - After moving him to striker and playing a defensive forward position, he shined and was my top player. 20 of his 21 goals came 8 games into the season, around the time i changed formation and placed him as DF. Problem was i couldnt pair him correctly with another striker. I think if he had a proper pairing he prob would have scored more.

Jimmy Beadle - More of an intangible player than anything by bossing the midfield and cleaning house. Keeping him for another season because he is versatile playing both cb and mc positions and great for defense. Missed 3 matches due to suspension, but expected with 20 aggression.

Jack Dunn - Midfielder that i picked up with 15 games left in the season. Great stats to be the engine behind the machine but didnt do much during the season. After i adjust positions and my formation im sure he will do much better, but his stats are just too good to let go at this stage.

Dessie Whelan - Regen CB i found out of nowhere that was too good to be true, and only 18 years old. Solid performer for a simple flat 4 defense im playing. Solid ballwinner in the back but too slow to really cover anyone.

Aaron Cole - Second best player on the team and played a solid right wing for me. Pacey, tough, can knock balls past opponents and set up crosses like nobody's business. Led my team with 9 assists, could have been much more but i had poor finishing with most of my team.

Next seasons plans

Finish top table

Clean house

Hopefully get promoted

Win a cup

Season 2012/13 Review - East Thurrock United in the Blue Square Bet South

League Table | Past Positions | Cups

Well, that went pretty well for a first season. Tried to play tight and strike on the counter, with varying results. Mostly because we aren't quite good enough in defense to soak up pressure without eventually conceding, meaning our 1-2 goals forward tend to yield a lot of 1-1/2-2 draws or 2-1 wins at best. With the odd

. Obviously a bit frustrating to be so few points off that last playoff spot, but I'm happy enough given we were predicted dead last.

Squad

It's an alright team now after a season of weeding out the deadwood and signing reinforcements, if only lacking a bit in depth. I don't have room in the wage budget for more players though; the board blocks any additional transfers. Kalipha and Higgins are clearly the main men here, both at the club from the start. It's pretty obvious from the stats how reliant my quick long-ball strategy is on these guys; hardly anyone else contributes much forward.

Transfers

Decided to start out with the initial squad largely intact and gradually replace whoever I wasn't happy with, so the transfers are quite spread out. In the end, hardly few though. I like Carr and Asante a lot, both very late signings, for strengthening the defense immensely and scoring some very important goals respectively.

Finances

Oops. Not that there's much I can do about this - we'd be going into the red if I so paid the team in peanuts.

Aim for next season: Somehow sneak a couple more players in and go for a playoff spot.

Season    League                  Finish   Achievements
2012/13   Blue Square Bet South   9th      -

Archived