dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2012/2013 - End of Season Review - PROMOTION

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3 Table

This season my main aim was to secure a mid table spot and maybe push for the play offs. I wanted to be ambitious in my thinking, and prehaps was more likely to find myself near the bottom of the table. After the start of the season my fears were confirmed. I had a team with little to no skill and results were hard to come by.

Surprisingly my players decided that they wanted to be ambitious. They pulled some amazing results out of the bag, and kept my heart racing throughout the season.

Some surprised me when called into the first team, and some claimed spots that were originally set out for others. At the end of the scheduled games we were in the playoff spots, 2nd position and had just come to the end of a mammoth unbeaten streak when playing away at eventually league winners AFC Telford.

The team coped well with change. With 36 players IN during the course of the season and 40 players OUT.

Summary

Here is the final Table

Position Graph

Transfers In/Out Pt2

Fixtures Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

Unbeaten run

Playoffs

The playoff semi final was a breathtaking affair. We went 2-0 down in the first leg away from home, and things were not looking so great. A few harsh words to my players seemed to jolt their memories of the unbeaten run they so enjoyed during the latter half of the season. Omar Koroma one of the stars of the season popped up and scored a goal that will live long in the fans memory. A vital away goal. The match ended. 2-1

Playoff Semi Leg 1

Leg 2 came about and we were full of optimism, after gaining the vital away goal we knew that a 1-0 win would take us to the playoff final, and it was looking more and more likely that we would face Solihull Moors (Our preferred choice) as they had already stuffed Nuneaton 4 - 0 at home.

A tough decision had to be made, should i go with Corbin Ong, my best rated central defender, or Jamie Tank who had been a rock for most of the season when corbin had been injured. I chose to swith it up from the first leg with Tank coming in.

On the 42nd minute mark my decision had me jumping up and down, Tank had rose like a salmon and put us in front. All we had to do was hold on to this 1-0 lead and we would be in the BSP.

Half time came and went and we looked comfortably in the lead, and 5 minutes after the restart Jason Wellings (A revelation after being left on the bench most of the season) scores a goal to put us 2-0 ahead. However 1 goal from Barrow would still take us to extra time.

Luckily however hard they pressed my defence and stunning Goalkeeper Jason North were more than a match for them and kept their clean sheet.

Playoff Semi Leg 2

Final

Our team was geared up for the final, we were set to name an unchanged side, and for once this season had no injuries and most of our players were pretty fit.

We started the match well and were the ones putting the pressure on Solihull, and once again that man Omar Koroma popped up to score the opening goal just 19 minutes in, and already our fans were dreaming of the BSP.

The dreams were cut short 7 minutes later when an equaliser from Danny Glover (Not the actor) pegged us back.

However Omar Koroma was just starting his day, goals on the 32nd and 39th (penalty) sealed a first half hat trick, and just to seal the game up before half time Jason Wellings got another vital goal.

We went in 4-1 at half time. I praised the players and asked them to keep it up.

Second half may have been a dissapointment for the fans, but we sat back and rode out the game.

Final score 4-1

WE WERE PROMOTED :)

Key Players

Omar Koroma - This guy was a revelation. Signed him up and i thought he would be a decent player, but he ended up being the catalyst for a huge promotion push. His 20 goals in 28 appearances is nothing short of spectacular, and added to that his 6 assists and 6 MOM awards were an added bonus. Signed him for an extra year just before the playoffs, and i guess he showed again why he deserved the extension. One that could be with me for a few years.

Jamar Loza - When he first came he had 8 goals in 12 games, however he then went 13 hours without a goal and some pretty bad performances saw others come into the team instead of him. He did however have some good form towards the end of the season and is still young, the fact he got 8 assists shows that there is more to his game than just goals.

Jason Wellings - Only got a game due to injuries to my first choice wingers of the time. But once he was in the team he was never back out. 26 games 8 goals, 6 assists and 3 MOM awards will see him earn a contract, if he ever decides he wants to move up to a part time contract that is.

Jamie Tank - Solid all year round, with few injuries, 38 games, 5 goals, 2 assists show that this defender is not only solid at the back but can be a threat at the front. Still young with time to improve and i hope he can stay in the squad for the next year or two at least. Will always remember the decision to play him above Corbin Ong and him scorign the vital Header in the playoff semi final leg 2.

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - The player with the most complicated name and the best potential and ability out of any Central defender i have seen/scouted this year. Still young which may be the cause of some many incosistent performances, went from the sublime to the ridiculous. Hopefully can sure it up next season if he gets to partner Tank.

Jeffery Imudia - Player who scored my personal goal of the season, and a solid RB, came in when Walmsley and Burgess got injured and made himself a home at RB. Brilliant from October til the end of the season, and a player i have signed for next season.

Jonathan North - Last but not least the Goalkeeper who is wanted by league 2 clubs and has a huge potential. We will have to wait and see if he sticks around, but i have him for at least another year. Has not always performed the best but i know he has ability and needs to be more consistent if we are going to make a successful step up.

Other News & Awards

Board have announce they are building a new £2.9million stadium. 4852 capacity, only 1352 above our current. Wish i could tell them NO. They have taken out a loan of £975k to fund it, along with grants and selling current stadium. :(

In better news i got named Manager of the Year, which is always nice :)

Next Seasons Aims

1. Survival - Stay in the BSP with a mid - bottom half finish.

2. Sign up some players i want to keep for a few years. With only about 8-9 that i WANT to keep for a few years, my future with this squad does not look too great. So i need to sign some more players who are good for now and have future potential.

3. Money - Don't lose as much money. Maybe now a run in the Fa cup - although i think the lack of success in the cups was a bonus in my eventual promotion this year.

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2015/16

League Table | Squad | Transfers In / Out

Another almost season, we seem to have a dip in form halfway through the season, I'm thinking about doing afull clearout of the squad and start it over again with a cheaper, younger squad with a few experienced players. We got knocked out the F.A Cup early again, I'm sure this game doesn't like me!

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd

I was totally wrong with my expectations, I need to find consistantcyor else it'll be another 'almost' season.

Chippenham.jpg

Chippenham Town| Season 2012/13 | Blue Square Bet South

Table | Squad | Transfers | Player Stats | Best Eleven

Well, that was surprising, I didn’t know what to expect of the new game engine, I had just played a quarter of a season in the Premier League before we started this adventure, but the tactic devised there work as a charm in the BSS with a few modifications.

While I hoped to be able to reach a playoff spot, we managed to win the league quite comfortably in the end. The success did not stop there, after a massive letdown by the team early in the FA Cup qualifiers against a team we should have won against easily, we won the FA Trophy on penalties after an evenly matched 1-1 draw against Stockport.

I've been in the boards face all season trying to convince them that we should increase the scouting range, get better facilities, buy a new stadium etc. All I've heard so far is no...They decided to do a minor 750 Seat Terrace Conversion on the stadium without my knowledge, reducing the total capacity by 24 seats. Why not buy a new one instead… Oh well...

Key players:

We managed to bring in some quality players before the season started, a few of them will definitely be staying for a few seasons if we are able to keep them.

Johannes Westö – | Winger | - really the star of the season. 17 goals – 31 assists – 12 MOM and Av.r 7.67

Danny Whitehead - | Striker | -top goalscorer. 22 goals - 7 assists - Av.r 7.37

Ricardo Gray - | Winger | - did his job on the left flank. 7 goals - 10 assists - Av.r 7.37

Loris Karius - | GK | - commanding presence between the sticks. 31 conceded in 42 games - 17 clean sheets

Declan McGivern - | DC | - a rock at the back. Contributed forward as well, 10 goals from set pieces in all games.

Awards:

Blue Square Bet South Manager of the Year

Blue Square Bet South Player of the Year

Chippenham Town Fans' Player of the Year

Finances:

We've picked up quite a few players on free transfer, but thanks to constant haggling with agents over salaries, we are still well under the wage budget limit. Still the numbers were slightly in red before the FAT final. We have now + £150k in balance.

Goals for next season:

1. Get rid of deadwood
  2. Bring in some quality coaches
  3. Look for more bargains
  4. Have a go for a playoff spot
  5. Convince the board to agree to increase the scouting range

Looking forward to the new season:)

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners

Glennuk - Congrats on promotion. Omar Koroma is a great player and La'Vere Corbin-Ong looks even better for you. Mine is quicker but not as good as defending and has less caps than yours, did he get called up at stupid times and miss key games?

Gman - Congrats on promotion and F.A Trophy Win

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2015/16

League Table

Fixtures

Finances - Still in the red which is disapointing. Just not consistantly getting bums in seats at league games.

This season was going to be tough as we were lacking the funds to develop the squad and needed some holes fixed just to be able to survive. Survive is what we barely did, with it coming down to a lucky win against Woking in the last game to secure our safety. Tamworth beat Lincoln in an upset to challange, but weren't good enough to get out of the drop zone.

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

Fantastic result and a really good run to get there. We will try hard to defend our title next season for sure.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Were given Preston North End who unfortunatly were on fire at the time.

Squad - Doing well but we lack the spark as well as the depth to truly mount a decent challenge in this league

Key Player Profiles

Paul Hecker - Still improving but the rest downtimes are killing me at the end of the season. He was injured for quite a big part of the season as well which didn't help his performances

Alberto Seidi - Has now turned into striker number 1 at the club and continues to dominate. Has made the step up to the BSP well.

Player of the Season

Kameron Lewis-Campbell - A last minute pickup in the offseason, LC led the way in Hecker's many absences throughout the season. Fantastic player.

Up and Comers

Marcus Stephens - Progress has stalled and will be overage by next season. Time to use him as a backup only.

Transfers - Mulligan leaving was a blow, but his replacement Lewis-Campbell was a great signing, as were Jeffries and Unsworth.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis
2015/16    Chesham United               England           Blue Square Bet Premier      20th                             FA Trophy winners

Next Season

Mid table finish

Start making money

Keep wage bill in check

Tactics

No changes yet. With this season being so precarious, I didn't even test my other tactics

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Many City, Liverpool, Tottenham (BORING)

Championship - QPR

League 1 - Leyton Orient

League 2 - Brentford

BSP - Port Vale

BSN/BSS - Atrincham/Forest Green

F.A Cup - Newcastle

F.A. Trophy - Chesham

UEFA Champions League - Arsenal

Europa League - AC Milan

A-League - Central Coast/Sydney (Brisbane 2nd/Prelim)

Glennuk - Congrats on promotion. Omar Koroma is a great player and La'Vere Corbin-Ong looks even better for you. Mine is quicker but not as good as defending and has less caps than yours, did he get called up at stupid times and miss key games?

Gman - Congrats on promotion and F.A Trophy Win

Yep missed some key games, and was also injury prone, so i had him Tank, and Ashley Thompson as 3 CBs that i kept interchanging. Corbin Ong still rated as my best after buying a few after promotion but he just doesn't seem consistent enough. Will probabaly be back up to start the season and see if he can get in....as for Koroma....i think i am in love :) haha

Deadfncat -i assume you must have a good squad to get so few players in, i 'm sure a few players in will make a difference. Can you give PT contracts to backup players?

Gman and Glennuk - well done on the promotions. I wish Omar Koroma was as prolific for me, he only has 5 goals in 18 apps. In fact Tank has scored 6 goals in 19 apps!

I've managed to win my first two home games but lost all three away games so far.

Was robbed by the ref in my last game. Sent my DR off for a dodgy second yellow and then allowed their winner despite being miles offside! Need to start picking up away wins if we want to do anything this season

Just starting to turn around. Got a few top class players, and moving up the table....

Sounds like mine, mine improved when i switched the match prep from attacking movement (because i wasn't scoring) onto teamwork.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Premier. 2014/2015

Table - Overall I am very pleased with our first season in the BSP, expected to get destroyed by the other teams, I personally thought that finished 19th would have been an achievement, but no, some shrewd tactics and signings, and how we didn't get the over-achiever award I will never know.

Graph - Not once did we fall into the relegation spots, in fact, on game 38 we occupied 4th, and I actually thought that we had a chance at finishing in the play-offs, but alas, injuries to my first choice LB, MC, and ST meant we suffered and had to settle for 7th.

Squad - The Boys, some important players there, especially Graeme Brackstone, free transfer from Middlesbrough, solid to say the least; Kenny Windows, came through our youth system a few years back, not the fastest, but puts in a lot of work and a valid member of the squad; James Hughes may not be the fastest, but boy, this kid can finish, and partnered with Brodie over the first half of the season, they proved to be deadly; Robbie Sullivan came in during January, and oh my god, this guy has pace and can score, if he had any composure he may have scored more, signing of the season for me.

Transfers

Finances - And no, we didn't have any cup runs, the profit is mainly from the board injections, we struggled, badly.

Me

Aims for next season:

Survive.

Make money.

Improve the squad.

15 games into our first season in Blue Square Premier. Our record so far is 3-7-5 and 16th place. Struggling to get some wins, but has gotten some good draws away.

Club: Banbury United

Season: 2012/13

League: English Blue Square Bet North

Transfer Budget: £0k

Wage Budget: £3.4k

Opening Balance: £47.1k

Closing Balance: -£9.5k

Board Expectations: Avoid relegation

Media Expectation: 22nd

My Expectations: Safe mid table

League Record: Pos 13th, W 14, D 16, L 12, F 60, A 63, Pts 58

FA Cup: 2nd Round Qual, 1-1, 0-0p vs Bishop's Stortford

FA Trophy: Quarter Finals, 0-3 vs Newport County

First XI: (4-5-1) Peace; Lyskov, Crowther, McGarry, Taylor; Minihan, Marshall, Benjamin, Genchev, Mannion; Wake.

Top Scorer: Ethan Mannion 15

Top Assister: Ethan Mannion 13

Best Rating: Brian Wake 7.26

Average Attendance: 188

Fans Player Of The Year: Ethan Mannion

My Player Of The Year: Ethan Mannion

Notable Results: 0-5 vs Droylsdon, 4-0 vs Eastleigh, 4-1 vs Workington

Transfers In: 16 players were brought in to shore up the squad, all on frees. Notable players include Ethan Mannion, a superb Irish striker/winger, who was an ever present, Sam Minihan and Sergio Menisio, both solid central midfielders, and striking hotshot Brian Wake, who at 30 became the oldest player at the club by some way. (I'm not a fan of veterans at this level really). Had Wake been bought in the summer rather than January, he would certainly have finished as top scorer for the club, and would have been my player of the year too.

Best Buy: Brian Wake

Worst Buy: Brought in a Welsh forward called Lewis Powell from Chippenham who was nowhere near as good as Mannion or Wake, so never really played. He moaned about this ALL the time.

Transfers Out: 15 players moved on frees or were released, all of them considered dead weights from when I joined the club.

Best Sale: Can't really answer this

Table

Round-Up: No sooner had the season begun, notorious destroyed-of-clubs Peter Ridsdale (responsible for financial meltdowns at Leeds United, Cardiff and most recently Plymouth) decided he wanted to ruin Banbury. Thankfully, no agreement could be made. We had another offer some months later from a former West Ham director, but that too fell through. Finally, Ryan Yeung, Birmingham football director and son of owner Carson, at the age of just 19 (in-game, he's really 18!) took over the club. I was told I'd be losing my job, but thanks to support from the fans and players, he decided to let me keep it.

As far as the season itself went, things weren't too bad. We started out with no wins in our first 11 games (8 were draws!) but overcame this horribly slow start to play some decent football as the campaign ticked over. We ended 13th, and had the 42 matches been played again on the end of that, would have continued to push up and finish even higher. Improvement like this was what I was hoping to see, and gives me faith in our abilities to really do something next season. FA Cup performance was dire, going out on penalties after a replay at the very first hurdle, but the FA Trophy was better. We were the only non-BSP club to make the quarter finals, where we lost 3-0 to a far better Newport County. (Crewe, relegated from League Two, beat them 5-1 in the final).

[u]SEASON     DIVISION                    POSITION      FA Cup             Other Cups       		Europe		NOTES                 [/u]
2010/11    Blue Square Bet North       13th          2nd Qual Rnd	FA Trophy Quarter Final		-	

Aims For Next Season: Push for the playoffs, do better in the FA Cup.

END OF SEASON

Another almost season, we seem to have a dip in form halfway through the season, I'm thinking about doing afull clearout of the squad and start it over again with a cheaper, younger squad with a few experienced players. We got knocked out the F.A Cup early again, I'm sure this game doesn't like me!

Season Division Position Cups
2012/13 Blue Square South 6th F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14 Blue Square South 5th F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15 Blue Square South 12th F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2015/16 Blue Square South 9th F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd

I was totally wrong with my expectations, I need to find consistantcyor else it'll be another 'almost' season.

Must be tough to be battling it out still and having nearly years each time. Good luck in the new season and I hope with it you get some more success!

#18 reddevil4ever - Hastings Utd - Blue Square BET South - Season 2 - 2013-14 Promoted Via Playoff

A great season with reaching the playoff final against Eastbourne Boro and running out 2-1 winners

Table Graph Finances Squad Xfers1 Xfers2

Our Best Player this season was our centre who ended as our top scorer in the league, mainly scoring by leaving his marker for dead and getting near post headers from corners and free kicks and the occassional goal following up our quick counter attack.

Things to do next season:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Improve Squad

3) Improve Finances by having a good cup run or two

After being named over-achievers of the season with a 9th place finish, the media have certainly jumped on board, predicting me to finish 21st. So have promptly come out and won my first two, at 5th predicted Dartford and at home to 8th predicted Havant & Waterlooville.

The Dartford win was especially sweet as it featured a hat-trick from my young forward Jimmy Floyd Harris-baink. He came in around Feb last season and struggled, so this will hopefully kick-start a prolific season from the kid.

A productive off-season too - transfers. Did my usual trick of going through all the released youth at Premiership and Championship clubs, and was happy they are a lot harder to sign for lower clubs on this version. A lot of guys left, including Alex Rhodes, but to be honest every player I brought in will likely play a part in the first team, whereas most of the guys who left won't be missed. Will still probably go through my shortlist again in Oct/Nov as a lot of those released youth have yet to find clubs.

Won't get a chance to play for three days now due to work and other commitments, but will then have a nice three day stretch, so nice to leave the game on a couple of early wins.

Marine | Season 2012 - 13

League Table | Graph

Complete BSBN league with top of the table. Had a bad run till x'mas, glad that the team picked up with a few good purhcase and we never looked back after x'mas

FA Cup

Out at 2nd qualifying round, team was going thr a tough time during that phase. Will try harder next season for more $$.

FA Trophy

Reach Semi-Final! Totally out of my expectation, even won against 1 x BSP team. Draw @ leg 1 home and lost 1-2 @ leg 2 away, actually quite a winnable final cos another BSBS team in final.

Squad | Finances

Buy too much player, but finally found some really good gem for my team.

Loris Karius - Good GK, saved the team when i was still trying to re-build the defence.

Fuska - Only found him after new year, but his stats and performance really deserve some praise.

Tomas O'Sullivan - Star in midfield, top dribble & assist.

Richie Barroilhet - Top scorer in team.

Not doing good in terms of finances, need to improve on this next season.

Goal for next season!

• Improve finances level
  • Mid-level table
  • Get better/younger players to survive longer @ BSP.

Archived