dafuge's FM12 challenge

Welsh Wizard - Well, one way or another you're getting players I could only dream of! But I'm way below every other BSN team, so my rep certainly is lower than most.....

deadfncat - Congrats on the promotion!

Dan BHTFC - Aww, sorry man. That's gotta hurt!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm....board won't extend my contract for some reason. I'm described as "Untouchable" and they love me, but when I asked for a new contract they said I "hadn't merited a contract extension". Hopefully they will change their mind as the season is two thirds complete.

Wierd. In my game, Eminoglu is just a midfielder. Not a bad one though, so thanks for the tip :p

Well, I don't know. Maby he has been retrained by Villa? But he is a great striker for meg anyhow! :D

Nope, no extra money fromthe board, let's hope that someone comes in and buys the club!

crap dude thats horrible. how much over budget were you? I was at -450k before someone took over my club and it took me 3 seasons to rack that up

Trying this challenge for the third year running. After Aveley, but I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting them. Was dartford and Hastings previously. After hornchurch, but not seen them yet in over 20 reloads.

Got to oct and found that some of the released prem youth players will now sign for me. Just as well really since i'm in mid table and struggling to score.

Some are L1/championship potential players so should be good for years, although i had to pay Mandron £425 p/w. Still not too much of a problem as before signing 4 players i was 1.7K under my wage budget.

yeah, loan of £5k per monthuntil 2028!

I've only ever been in administration once playing FM, it was in N.Ireland and the administrator sold off all my players for peanuts. Selling 40K players for 3K it didn't help with a deficit of £1.2 million!

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
tapwater
viewpost-right.png

Hi all, new to this challenge.. can any1 let me know what does the above mean?? still trying to re-load my games for team hehe

Basically in order to sign a player he needs to either be accessible to your scouts, have accepted a trial period with you (so that he is at your club, on trial), or be offered to you by an agent.

sorry just to confirm regarding the above statement again, so i can actually go and check all those released players from higher div, or get them to trial with my club?

sorry just to confirm regarding the above statement again, so i can actually go and check all those released players from higher div, or get them to trial with my club?

If they are from higher divisions in england you should be able to scout them and get a report on them. If you can't scout them you can try to get them in for a trial where your coaches can give a report on them.

Yeah anyone you can scout. So UK & Ireland from 1st season you can sign without trials or scout reports if you want. Players you can't scout have to go on trial first.

Made my first sale with Dominic Knowles. Was my 3rd/4th choice ST and the deal seemed decent with 20k spread over 38 months, 3.5k after 10 goals and 30% future sale.

Adam is getting interest and has asked for a better contract but I was able to talk him down. I wouldn't sell even if I got offered 1mil as no one better is out there I can find but the board may sell him if a half decent offer comes in.

Made my first sale with Dominic Knowles. Was my 3rd/4th choice ST and the deal seemed decent with 20k spread over 38 months, 3.5k after 10 goals and 30% future sale.

Adam is getting interest and has asked for a better contract but I was able to talk him down. I wouldn't sell even if I got offered 1mil as no one better is out there I can find but the board may sell him if a half decent offer comes in.

If you put a ridiculous asking price on him like 2.5 million no-one will put an offer.

i found in FM11 this was the best way to stop a trigger happy chairman from selling players

I drew my first game 2v2, even after only have two shots on goal. I suppose it's the bonus of having the best 'finishing' average attributes in the league... Pity we cant defend, lucky they couldnt score. But you create your own luck.

After a good start, I'm struggling more recently. I seem to concede a lot of goals from through passes, where the ball is well within the range of my defender(s). It appears as though they're just letting it run past them on purpose, not noticing the striker pursuing the ball.

Now, I'm guessing it's a tactical issue, and so I'd like to ask for a second opinion: I am currently employing man marking. Do you guys reckon that zonal marking would by any means fix this issue? Or perhaps turning off "tight marking"? I just fear that the players at this level aren't good enough to use zonal marking successfully.

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2012/13 - BSS

brand.gif

Final Table (9th)

A solid season so can't complain. Hung around the playoff spots all season but never actually got into them. Scoring goals certainly wasn't a problem, however the defence was quite leaky at times, especially from set pieces. With eight games to go I was only three points out of 5th with a much better GD, but a couple of injuries to key attackers put an end to any playoff hopes. Finished the season off with a dominant 3-0 win at home over Sutton Utd.

The biggest issue was consistency, as I played some beautiful free-flowing football at times, and at others couldn't even keep the ball for more than ten seconds. The other thing was I could never correlate home and away form; when I was playing well at home I couldn't buy a point away, and when I was good on the road my home form was sketchy. Still, a solid platform to build on.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost at Darlington in the 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - Lost at Braintree in the 3rd Round

Key Players

Amadou Kouman - Was my most consistent player and banged in 20 from either a wing or as an advanced playmaker. Scored some beauties and amazingly played most of the season on non-contract terms without any interest. Have him signed up part-time for next season now.

Alex Rhodes - Also chipped in with a number of goals and assists. Missed the last six weeks with a broken arm which was very costly. Would only re-sign on non-contract terms.

Aaron Carter - A rock at the back and a threat at set pieces. Thankfully didn't sing.

Jack Boyle - Former Southampton trainee. Lethal down the left or right, made the most of his pace and flair at this level.

Youth

Sam Marchbank-Smith - The pick of my youth intake. A shame about his passing, decisions and creativity stats, as otherwise he could become quite a useful lower league winger. Still scored twice in the league before his 16th birthday.

Laurence Benjamin - My scouts found a lot of youth players throughout the season, and this guy was easily the pick of them. Joins in the off-season and looks quite promising.

Next season...

Depending on how recruitment goes over the off-season, I'd want to be pushing for a playoff spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South

END OF SEASON

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2014/15

League Table | Squad | Transfers In / Out

Well, what a season, administration beckoned thanks to our new stadium, we lost 10 points then went on an amazing run of results which pushed us up into mid table. We had a great chance to make it to the 1st round of the F.A Cup but we blew it against Cray Wanderers but we did OK in the F.A Trophy but we fell to a late goal against Newport County.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd

Next season I'm hoping to put all our troubles behind us and make a serious promotion push.

Archived