dafuge's FM12 challenge

OK I've given up re-loading for now and plumped for Oxford City.

Managed to pick up a half-decent Assistant Manager in the shape of Martin Grainger and followed that up with the legendary Paul Furlong coming on board as a Player/Coach. Unfortunately, he seems to be slightly past his best, to the point where he has actually developed some kind of Split Personality Disorder.

The only way is up I guess!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

badgecheshamunited.png

Chesham United | Season 2013/14 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The season started as the last one, slow! The first match we won was the 5th one, but then we had a good run towards the winter. Now, at the half way mark we are just below the play off places, only two points behind. Quite frankly, I think we are underachieving when I compare the squad to most of the other teams. We are getting some good results, but are struggling to get the long streaks with good play. Often, we go from beating one of the promotion candidates away to losing at home against teams destined for relegation. I think I need to look at my tactics and make a better defensive tactic as my main one is quite an offensive 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. Might going to try to make a 4-5-1 for the tough away games and to keep the defense solid towards the end of games. I'm still quite the rooking regarding tactics as I usually find one that kinda works and stick to it.

Regarding cups we had a great run in the FA Cup. We took Salisbury to pens in the 2nd round, but lost on pens. If we had won we would have med Championship outfit Ipswich away, and that would have generated some huge cash and that's something we need desperately. Our finances is deep in red, but our little cup run helped out quite a bit as we have lost far less than last year. If we can make the push for play offs we should have a slight increase in attendances and reputation.

The players that have stood out so far are youth player Eddie Cook, winger Ryan Harrison and the rock in our defence, Gareth Hutchison.

Hahaha, oh my word.

I just called a Team Meeting to congratulate the team on their good start to the season. It was met with mixed success; some happy, and others not so. I asked the room for opinions. Someone told me he felt that he felt it was pointless to call a meeting just to say that. I asked for another opinion. My reserve left-back told me that the former player was talking rubbish. I passionately told him that that was just the reaction I wanted.

Morale plummeted. Everyone was superb/very good. Now it's red as far as the eye can see.

Don't do it, folks. Don't do it.

Worksop 2012/13

League

Positions

FA Cup - 4th QRd

FA Trophy - 3rd QRd replay

Started the league indifferently but soon got a good run going to get upto 5th after halfway. A very poor run after xmas left me in midtable where i pretty much sat for the rest of the season. Only 9 clean sheets in total and 3 after xmas showed where the main problems lay.

No real progress in the cups.

Squad

Transfers

My best player was Tank, when he was missing the other defenders performances stunk the place out, when he was there they played much better.

Beckett did well at the start of the season as did Martins in parts but my best striker was Lyons who took 10 games to get off the mark but found the target consistantly until the last ten games when he was dire in most matches.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           12th         4th QRd         FA Trophy - 3rd QRd          N/A                     None

Good to see Lyons do well for someone else. I had high hopes when I signed him at the start of my game for him to be my number one striker but he never really delivered sadly.

9 matches played and i'm hanging around midtable, so i check out the results so far:

Home: P4 W3 D1 L0

Away: P5 W0 D2 L3

I think I see where we need to improve :)

Edit: We have the 3rd best conceded record, and the 3rd worst scored record

Hmm, maybe we need to press more when away from home?

First post in this challenge. I have played football manager/champ manager since 92/93 but never done anything like this. After a couple of hours reloading hoping for Met Police or Cray, I finally settled for Margate. I am away from my PC but will post a screenie of my manager profile with my end of season report

I am 8 games into the season and so far have lost just the once and I am currently on a 4 game winning streak and up into 8th place. I have made a handful of signings which mainly came from the trial day my board agreed to. Hopefully my good form will continue and I shall have a good end of season report to post!!

100pxhitchintownfcbadge.png

Hitchin Season 2013-14

Table Graph Squad Profile Transfers Finance

Season 2 in BSS was mostly about keeping track of injuries. At one point, 5 of 8 defenders were injured, and from those 3 were more than 2 months. Finances are again this season a struggle, and even though the board were so kind to throw an extra 160k into the deep black hole, we are still down a lot. Sugar daddy wanted!

Finished the season in 4th place. Semi finals in the playoff were against Lewes. With a 2-0 first leg at home, we were confident next season would be BSP. The return match however, saw a Lewes team with a bought referee! Lewes won 5-2 (2 goals in overtime and we had a penalty denied)

Before the season, we had planned to win the FA Cup, however, in round 1 Stevenage decided we shouldn't. FAT was also an exit in round 1.

Sacked alot of players to try and get better on the finance part, but that is the only progress that was shown this season - it goes steady down! :D

The obvious aim for next season is advancement!

Consolidation of the season: We were the team least scored on! AND got runner up on manager of the year in BSS :D

Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs

First post in this challenge. I have played football manager/champ manager since 92/93 but never done anything like this. After a couple of hours reloading hoping for Met Police or Cray, I finally settled for Margate. I am away from my PC but will post a screenie of my manager profile with my end of season report

I am 8 games into the season and so far have lost just the once and I am currently on a 4 game winning streak and up into 8th place. I have made a handful of signings which mainly came from the trial day my board agreed to. Hopefully my good form will continue and I shall have a good end of season report to post!!

Welcome and good luck :)

Guys

The list is getting very long now. So apart from the fact that I have almost certainly started making mistakes which I havent got time to look for - so please tell me if you spot any - its starting to become a drag finding you in my notebook file. If everyone could include in their post what position they are on the table, that would make my life much easier. The table is purely ordered by the order in which you joined the challenge, and so it wont change, so if you just put a little note at the top next to your username - entrant number X - that would be great.

Thanks

My season with Hastings has started unbelievably well. After 9 league games, I have a record of 7-2-0 and also won the FA Cup qualy 2nd round. Striker called James Bird who is 16 is banging in the goals. I've scored 27 league goals in 9 games. Perfect start, waiting for the rot now though!

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2013/14

League Table | Squad | Transfers In / Out

Inconsistent was the word to describe my season! We scraped into the Play-Offs but lost in the Semi-Finals against Eastbourne Borough 4-2 on aggregate. We have moved on from last season but finding a confident striker is tough at this level! We had some decent wins but the Cup competitions continue to elude us. We are also moving into our new ground, Hendon Stadium, in June so hopefully I can get some decent friendlies at the new ground.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd

Next season I'm hoping to make the Play-Off Final and a good Cup run would be good for a change.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/hypnotherapy/?action=view&current=AnthonyFenechOverview_Profile-1.pnghttp://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/hypnotherapy/?action=view&current=AnthonyFenechNews_Inbox-2.png

Well first month and manager of the month and joint top! So apart from the first draw when havant got an injury time eaqualiser, i am happy with the results.

Fitness levels are quite poor, and ive had a few injurys, big derby match next against sutton utd. but so far so good.

Come on Carshalton!! :)

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/hypnotherapy/?action=view&current=BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages.png

Lanthal: Well done! A nice solid 9th. I'm glad to see Powell did fairly well for you as I'll likely have to sign him (I know he played for Chippenham last year so he meets geographic restictions!). Irohna looks very nice as well. 15 free kicks and 13 passing. With 16 determination he should live up to potential. Great find!

Gypsum: Congrats on promotion!

deadfncat: nice update! Congrats on reaching the FAT final.

jnrsnes: congrats on promotion!

Dons: So close.... those play-offs are evil :(

Dan BHTFC: You made progress in all competitions :)

Welcome and good luck to everyone that is just getting started! Thanks also to those of you that posted updates I didn't mention. I really enjoy the updates and keeping track of everyones games! No news on my game so far... I think I invoked the curse when I congratulated Mikael on getting Chippenham. I now can't get them myself... on to day 2 of reloads!

One of my favourite features is the ability to save a player's history after their retirement. So many players over the years have been commited to the depths of my failing memory - it's nice to now have the ability to have a nostalgic look at a former hero 20 seasons on.

Played half a dozen friendlies including a couple of home money spinners against MK Dons and Stevenage (lost them both).

Managed to sign a couple of decent midfielders.

Desperately in need of at least two new strikers. Have a few on trial which look good on paper, but they just haven't done it so far on the pitch. Decisions, decisions! :confused::confused::confused:

Chippenham Town have finally been promoted to the BSS!

Manager Profile

I've decided to go ahead and go all out this attempt dispite it seeming to be harder this year than in years past. I will again be implementing geographical restrictions on my signings.

Added rules I will be playing with (In addition to all DFC rules):

No Loans

No Parent Club

No Big money friendlies (unless they approach me)

Geographical restrictions! Any players signed must currently play for, have previously played for, or have a birthplace of less than x miles from the club (Chippenham Town)

- BSS/BSN - 25 miles

- BSP - 50 miles

- L2 - 75 miles

- L1 - 100 miles

- Championship - All of England

- Premiership - No limits (I will be attempting to use only players from the UK though)

EXCEPTION!: ANYONE on the "faceinthegame" list can be signed (provided they meet the DFC "can be scouted requirement") - These people contribute to making the game what it is, and if I can make any of them superstars ingame, I will!

Season 1: BSS

With the above geographic restrictions, only players with relations to the following clubs are eligible:

Chippenham (obviously)

Bath - ~12 miles - BSP

Bristol Rovers - ~25 miles - L1

Bristol City - ~25 miles - Championship

Forest Green - ~25 miles - BSP

Swindon Town ~20 miles - League 1

Swindon Submarine - ~ 20 miles - Southern Premier League (below BSS)

ANY "faceinthegame" player that meets the DFC scouting/trial requirement.

This should be fun.... :)

LzdML.png

Lewes FC - Season 1 (2012/13)

After starting the challenge last year, getting to December and failing miserably, I gave up but I've decided to give it another shot this year. Liked the look of the Lewes logo and their kit plus the participants table showed no-one has chosen them so I thought I may as well go with them. And they've got a cool stadium name: 'The Dripping Pan'. :lol:

Here's my manager profile screenshot.

For those who want a good striker in the first season. This is the chap doing the business for me. Haven't named him for the sake of those who don't want obvious tips.

Yes, he's getting on a bit and has little pace - but he's deadly around the area. Like a Kevin Phillips. I play him as a Deep Lying Forward - Attack. Mainly because it doesn't involve dribbling.

Yikes, so in FM 2012 we can't offer full-time contracts until the club goes Professional? No wonder everyone is struggling so much in the first seasons. This is going to be very interesting. I've never used part time contracts in any version of FM. I will also be hammering the board nonstop to make us pro as soon as that option is ungreyed out...

Reckon I'll finally give this a go....after a dozen or so reloads found an even 1K rep club in Hastings United. Not sure how quick my updates will come...I tend to play out my games in full (at a slightly accelerated speed) to maintain the flavor, but will do my best to keep a somewhat steady pace. First step will be to examine my team, maybe get some staff in.

Here is my profile

No scouts, no AM, one first team coach....and two physios. Yep...definitely need some staff!

Reckon I'll finally give this a go....after a dozen or so reloads found an even 1K rep club in Hastings United. Not sure how quick my updates will come...I tend to play out my games in full (at a slightly accelerated speed) to maintain the flavor, but will do my best to keep a somewhat steady pace. First step will be to examine my team, maybe get some staff in.

Here is my profile

No scouts, no AM, one first team coach....and two physios. Yep...definitely need some staff!

I'm in the same boat, all be it I play my games on extended highlights. With Hastings as well, having the same staff count as yourself at the start of the game. I was considering reducing my Physio count to one, but then noticed that one of them was a lady on a non contract basis. Thought the lads might appreciate it if I kept her around! ;)

There are quiet a few of us now with Hastings, so will be interesting to see how we all do.

Good luck

Lanthal: Well done! A nice solid 9th. I'm glad to see Powell did fairly well for you as I'll likely have to sign him (I know he played for Chippenham last year so he meets geographic restictions!). Irohna looks very nice as well. 15 free kicks and 13 passing. With 16 determination he should live up to potential. Great find!

Gypsum: Congrats on promotion!

deadfncat: nice update! Congrats on reaching the FAT final.

jnrsnes: congrats on promotion!

Dons: So close.... those play-offs are evil :(

Dan BHTFC: You made progress in all competitions :)

Welcome and good luck to everyone that is just getting started! Thanks also to those of you that posted updates I didn't mention. I really enjoy the updates and keeping track of everyones games! No news on my game so far... I think I invoked the curse when I congratulated Mikael on getting Chippenham. I now can't get them myself... on to day 2 of reloads!

You are now on the no-Chippeham streak I went on last year. I think it took me almost a week before Chippenham appeared.

Yikes, so in FM 2012 we can't offer full-time contracts until the club goes Professional? No wonder everyone is struggling so much in the first seasons. This is going to be very interesting. I've never used part time contracts in any version of FM. I will also be hammering the board nonstop to make us pro as soon as that option is ungreyed out...

Yeh mate, it makes it quite a challenge. Your restrictions are going to make it very tough :p good luck

Archived