dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square South - 2013/14

League Table

Fixtures

Finances - 145k gate receipts and 25k bonus from the FAT run really helped us. Only ran 70k into debt this season. "only"

We didn't do too badly. Really need to show some form though and the FAT run really hurt us with fixture congestion towards the end of the season, otherwise I could have seen us 8-9th easily. Next season will be interesting.

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

Haha this was amazing this season. We really struggled against Forest Green and only snuck away with it at the last second, but I think Eastwood played their B team in the first round of the Semi. We scored 3 goals in the first 20 and I parked the bus.

The final was a bit daunting and we were in front of over 22 thousand people at Wembley, against a team from a higher division who were doing well. The boys didn't flinch though and took it to the big kids giving them a run for their money. Dover had all the posession but couldn't put us away. Nichols was taking great shots and barely missing leading to some fingernail biting from the coach.

In extra time, Kris Bright took the game for them easily, scoring two quick goals in the space of five minutes and dashing our hopes. My dreams of a Brisbane Roar-esque Grand Final Miracle were not to be however and they took the trophy, but the team had a great experience. We want to be back next year to fight again.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

We did well to get to the 4th qual round, but the replays hurt us

Squad - Getting better but still average. Lack consistency and depth. Leaky defence is still an issue

Key Player Profiles

Aaron Mulligan - Another Irish gem who keeps my backfield in check. Hecker and Mulligan are the only rocks in a very shaky back 4 at the moment and saved many a goal this season.

Jack Lyons - Fantastic striker I picked up. Not the greatest stats, but does well for this level.

Player of the Season

Paul Hecker - This kid is amazing. He has just turned 18 and is easily the best player in my squad. His physical attributes are fantastic for this level and with some good training, his skill will develop over time.

Up and Comers

Marcus Stephens - Playing well in the kids team and showing some good stats for a 16 year old. Will be one to watch as he develops.

Transfers - reshaped the team again and following form I picked a lot of bad apples as well as good ones. Hecker and Seidi were the two gems, with Cox and Hope ones to look out for in the future.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up

Next Season

Keep building on the squad

Get a playoff spot

Tactics

I was running a 3-2-2-3 which i usually use in other games with a slow passing game. It needs players with better skills to really be able to work though. About halfway through this season I changed back to a bog standard 442 and its done wonders. Simple football does well at this level :)

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Man Utd

Championship - Leicester

League 1 - Nottm Forest

League 2 - Wallsall

BSP - Aldershot

BSN/BSS - Chester/Truro

F.A Cup - Man City (lols 6-1)

F.A. Trophy - Dover

UEFA Champions League - FC Bayern

Europa League - Tottenham

A-League - Perth Glory/Melbourne Heart

I'm going to roll with Bradford PA instead. It's the first time I've found them and there are some other rare teams in this load as well.

These are the six promoted teams:

Bradford PA

Chester

St. Albans

Margate

Tooting and Mitcham

Weymouth

Hendon FC January 2013 Update

League Table Much better than I expected, don't think it will last though.

FA Cup Got a good run going but got battered by Scunthorpe in Round 1

FA Trophy Still in it right now, got a tough match against Blyth coming up.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2 Too much to fit one one page! Got a little indecisive with transfers and have released players I just bought alot. And now you can see what damage has been done!

Finances Starting to drop into the red.

Star Player:

Inih Effiong Scoring for fun at the moment. His contract runs out at the end of the season though and my wage budget doesn't help!

Hendon FC January 2013 Update

League Table Much better than I expected, don't think it will last though.

FA Cup Got a good run going but got battered by Scunthorpe in Round 1

FA Trophy Still in it right now, got a tough match against Blyth coming up.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2 Too much to fit one one page! Got a little indecisive with transfers and have released players I just bought alot. And now you can see what damage has been done!

Finances Starting to drop into the red.

Star Player:

Inih Effiong Scoring for fun at the moment. His contract runs out at the end of the season though and my wage budget doesn't help!

Well, you're doing better at Hendon than I did first season!

Gypsum - just noticed that the screenie isnt from the end of the season so I assume an update is coming which is why I have updated the table but not included your promotion. Will do as soon as your end of season post arrives. Well done on getting the first promotion of the year!

I have Kendal Town and Chesham saves if you're interested. They're from different holiday saves than what I'm using myself so your game will still be unique.

Could you send me a link to the kendal save?

I am currently doign it with Bury, but really wanted kendal or North ferirby, so if it goes wrong at Bury i will start again as your kendal save.

Would be much appreciated...thanks :)

Gypsum's Worksop Town - Blue square North - 2012/13

League position: 1st / Position chart - After my squad gelled we enjoyed a great run of form. We hit the rocks late on as injuries mounted and our defence crumbled, but we still held on to finish 10 points clear.

Transfers

Finances

General squad info;

Star players:

1- Liam Reffin - A solid defender and a great addition for attacking corners.

2- Victor Zapata-Caicedo - Ex-Spurs striker, good speed and ability for this level.

3- Sam Duncum - A bit of a surprise performer from the original Worksop squad. Bagged 17 goals as a wide striker.

Top scorer: Luke Beckett (22 goals) - Another of the original Worksop squad, a solid striker at this level, although a touch slow for my tactics.

Notable mentions: Colin Patrick O'Brien - Signed on a free from Irish club Rockmount in the January transfer window (earning my scout a contract extension!), should be a good player in the BSP.

Other information: A new 6255 capacity stadium has been announced after only one season! A bit of a surprise after the long wait on previous FMs.

Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge?p=7211593&viewfull=1#post7211593"]2012/13[/url]              Blue Square North                    1st

Gypsum's Worksop Town - Blue square North - 2012/13

League position: 1st / Position chart - After my squad gelled we enjoyed a great run of form. We hit the rocks late on as injuries mounted and our defence crumbled, but we still held on to finish 10 points clear.

Transfers

Finances

General squad info;

Star players:

1- Liam Reffin - A solid defender and a great addition for attacking corners.

2- Victor Zapata-Caicedo - Ex-Spurs striker, good speed and ability for this level.

3- Sam Duncum - A bit of a surprise performer from the original Worksop squad. Bagged 17 goals as a wide striker.

Top scorer: Luke Beckett (22 goals) - Another of the original Worksop squad, a solid striker at this level, although a touch slow for my tactics.

Notable mentions: Colin Patrick O'Brien - Signed on a free from Irish club Rockmount in the January transfer window (earning my scout a contract extension!), should be a good player in the BSP.

Other information: A new 6255 capacity stadium has been announced after only one season! A bit of a surprise after the long wait on previous FMs.

'Grats on our first promotion :)

Chester - season 2013/14

Well we had a mixed season, resulting in securing a play-off place on the last day of the season, only to be beaten in the semi-final

Final Table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-3.png

Once again our cup runs didn't last long, knocked out in the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup and the 1st Round of the FA Trophy

Back for the challenge after success with Whitby 07, Heybridge Swifts 08 and Horsham 10, maybe local side Bedford can come up, then its only a 10 minute drive to work.........off to holiday world now. Looking forward to catching up with some old friends and making some new ones too. Dafuge its good to be back!

GreyedOutMan - I have to ask. I saw your post where you'd lost 14 games or so on the trot. I noticed that you'd played 10 friendlies; what's up with that? I get bored after 4/5 and have to start the season.

GreyedOutMan - I have to ask. I saw your post where you'd lost 14 games or so on the trot. I noticed that you'd played 10 friendlies; what's up with that? I get bored after 4/5 and have to start the season.

The extra cash is useful, plus you get to give trialists a game to see if they're any good...

Margate FC - Blue Square South - Season 1 - 2012/13

Logo.png

Blue Square South - 8th - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

A good solid season sees us finish in 8th place, although we bounced between 7th and 13th all season. We generally struggled to find any sort of consistent form, not helped by the poor quality of the rightbacks, right wings and the lack of depth in the centerback. The end of the season was very welcome, especially this news. We're actually groundsharing in a stadium that is larger than our stadium :confused: .

The FA Cup was disappointing. Let's not go there.

We had a little run in the FA trophy, ended abruptly by Havant and Waterlooville.

Transfers

Mainly young centerbacks and a few strikers.

Key Players

Kwesi Appiah - Our top scorer, and absolutely vital for us. Bit of a scare when he wouldn't sign a new contract, but it got sorted and now will be needed to help push up the table next season

Jon Honey - Started slowly but has grown into a solid centerback who will also be necessary next season

Matt Bodkin - A brilliant player for us, who managed to break his leg halfway through the season. Let's hope he comes back to full form.

Next Season

A couple of centerbacks, a solid rightback and a new right winger are on the agenda, for what could hopefully be a successful second season. the squads a year older and more experienced, so let's hope next season will be a good'un.

Career Summary

----------------------------------
| Season | Position | Achievements |
|--------|----------|--------------|
|2012/13 |    8th   |   Midtable   |
----------------------------------

A note about the LEADERBOARD. As there's masses of info on it, it's best viewed with the page zoomed to 90% - this way you can see all the information on one line per player.

Also, if anyone feels like checking my figures from time to time I would appreciate it. I do it quite a lot to make sure I have all the updates in the right place but it takes quite a while so if anyone can let me know whenever they get a chance that all the numbers add up and I havent missed any updates from before the last post I used, that would be good. Obviously, if there are more posts after the last update on the bottom of the table, that's just because I havent got round to doing that yet!

Damn, I reached the 2nd round of the FA Cup and after holding Salisbury to a tie I had a rematch at my stadium. I was 0-1 down and the clock was ticking, then my local super talent, Eddie Cook came up with

! Sadly, we lost on pens in the end.

Evening all. I've just got home from work and loaded up FM and to my horror I have no save game data!! I was in Feb and sitting comfortably in 2nd place. My Step-Brother has admitted that he was trying to have a go and he seems to have deleted my save! So here I am having to holiday again! Unbelieveable :mad:

End of Jan update - 2012/13

League Table

Pretty solid start, but frustratingly inconsistent. Have looked excellent at times and very poor at others, but given I'm trying to play a fluid, passing style of football it's not surprising. Have had a few chances to jump into the playoff spots without success, but I'm staying around about. On FM11 I used to slump in February every season without fail, so will be interesting to see if I can stay in playoff contention down the stretch. A healthy goal difference is a positive.

My star man has been Alex Rhodes. I don't know if anyone remembers him from his Brentford days but he used to be a lethal lower league player back in FM06 and FM07. His attributes are pretty average now but he's been banging them in from everywhere, playing mainly off a left wing.

Bedford Town have today officially annouced rookie manager Grace to take over their first season back in the BSN. Grace was said to be in talks with a number of more high profile clubs including Chester and FC Utd but chose his local team so he could stay at home and walk the dog when needed. Others in consideration included Lowestoft, Lewes and Tooting and Mitcham so Grace has undertaken the hardest challenge of the 6 promoted sides.

Logo.png

Margate | Blue Square South | 2012/2013 | 7th

League

Final Position

League player stats

Key Players

Nick Farqurharson

Tamer Tuna

Ben Davisson

Summary

A great first season where we managed to finish just outside the playoffs. While being a great season it was also very hard at the end where we missed out on the last playoff space when we blew it at home to mid-table Boreham Wood who pretty much turned us over.

We scored and conceded a stupid amount of goals despite having players capable of defending much better but that's something I'll address going into next season by getting a new keeper and two full backs, maybe even a centre back.

Finances are poor after a lousy cup run but that's to be expected at this stage.

All in all it's been a very good season. Looking forward to pushing for promotion next season.

Hendon FC 2012/13 Season

League Table Absolutely ecstatic about this. I was lucky to finish 1st because I lost 5-1 on the last day, but Farnborough luckily lost aswell

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Finances Not good. About 100k in debt and now have a loan fee to pay off...

...why? Because of this!

Star Players:

Inih Effiong Top scorer, had a drought near the end but got back on track again.

Kyle Asante Loanee from AFC Wimbledon, started badly but then started scoring. His contract runs out in the summer so I am hoping to pick him up.

Also, doesn't look good for my favourite team.:(

Next Season

With a nice promotion in the first season, I am hoping to establish myself as a Conference side and possibly push for a playoff spot. A cup run would be nice too!

Hendon FC 2012/13 Season

League Table Absolutely ecstatic about this. I was lucky to finish 1st because I lost 5-1 on the last day, but Farnborough luckily lost aswell

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Finances Not good. About 100k in debt and now have a loan fee to pay off...

...why? Because of this!

Star Players:

Inih Effiong Top scorer, had a drought near the end but got back on track again.

Kyle Asante Loanee from AFC Wimbledon, started badly but then started scoring. His contract runs out in the summer so I am hoping to pick him up.

Also, doesn't look good for my favourite team.:(

Next Season

With a nice promotion in the first season, I am hoping to establish myself as a Conference side and possibly push for a playoff spot. A cup run would be nice too!

Same as me with that new stadium, unfortunately I got knocked out the F.A Cup early so no extra income for me!

Worksop 2012/13

League

Positions

FA Cup - 4th QRd

FA Trophy - 3rd QRd replay

Started the league indifferently but soon got a good run going to get upto 5th after halfway. A very poor run after xmas left me in midtable where i pretty much sat for the rest of the season. Only 9 clean sheets in total and 3 after xmas showed where the main problems lay.

No real progress in the cups.

Squad

Transfers

My best player was Tank, when he was missing the other defenders performances stunk the place out, when he was there they played much better.

Beckett did well at the start of the season as did Martins in parts but my best striker was Lyons who took 10 games to get off the mark but found the target consistantly until the last ten games when he was dire in most matches.

Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        BSN           12th         4th QRd         FA Trophy - 3rd QRd          N/A                     None

End of Jan update - 2012/13

League Table

Pretty solid start, but frustratingly inconsistent. Have looked excellent at times and very poor at others, but given I'm trying to play a fluid, passing style of football it's not surprising. Have had a few chances to jump into the playoff spots without success, but I'm staying around about. On FM11 I used to slump in February every season without fail, so will be interesting to see if I can stay in playoff contention down the stretch. A healthy goal difference is a positive.

My star man has been Alex Rhodes. I don't know if anyone remembers him from his Brentford days but he used to be a lethal lower league player back in FM06 and FM07. His attributes are pretty average now but he's been banging them in from everywhere, playing mainly off a left wing.

Rhodes was a legend on 07 for me. 07 was when enjoyed some of my best saves think I got a save saved on one of my old computers :D

Archived