dafuge's FM12 challenge

Yeah but unfortunately its sooooo easy to get the team meeting slightly wrong and totally destroy morale! Why on earth my team objected to me saying "we're doing well but we can do even better" is beyond me. We made it to the playoffs a few years ago, why is it so crazy to think we could do so again?!

See, I avoid that one like the plague as it makes me sound like I'm not appreciating the team's efforts. Its almost on a par as the full time teamtalk of "why can't you play like that every week?"

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand why that one isnt effective. For me its perfect when the team has played well. You're telling them they're brilliant but also giving them a gentle reminder that if they can play like this, they shouldnt be playing like a pile of horse manure during the other 41 matches a year!!

Well just checking in on my lunch break at work and didn't realise I'd started a forum argument. Hopefully HenryJudas is able to untwist his feminine underwear at some point. Greyed, play the game how you like. Reputation has always been as big a bug as something like this supposedly is anyway.

It probably is an exploit but I don't see it as much different to a couple of versions ago when if a player wasn't interested, you could still throw a contract at him and try and change his mind with high wages/bonuses. If you want a player too good for you, usually you can't afford what he asks for, or he goes to a league club instead. The only promising youth I've signed are players who have not attracted any interest from league clubs and I've still had to stretch my budget to sign. Furthermore, if a youth is rejecting clubs like Deportivo to sign with St Albans, then that is probably a bigger issue with the game than a screen exploit. Or maybe he just wants to put himself in the shop window and play?

But I'm sure we'd rather they all retire at 19 instead. But HJ, you can certainly ignore my updates too as I undertake a 4th season in the BSS.

I dont understand why that one isnt effective. For me its perfect when the team has played well. You're telling them they're brilliant but also giving them a gentle reminder that if they can play like this, they shouldnt be playing like a pile of horse manure during the other 41 matches a year!!

Haha! I see your point, but on the other hand, imagine performing really well at work this week, only for your boss to come up to you and say "yeah, you've had a good week but I think you're not really doing as well as you can/should." I'd end up taking a swing at them!

#84 – Hastings United – Blue Square Bet South – 2013/14 - 1st

1314leaguetable.th.jpg

Although spending most of the season on top of the league, I was rarely able to stretch the lead beyond 5 or 6 points meaning things were never comfortable. In the end six wins on the trot towards the end of the season saw top spot taken.

Drawing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 3rd round pulled in £750k meaning my finances are in much better shape (I was around £250k in the red).

I was unable to make any significant signings due to being over my wage budget but go into the new season with only 2.5k of a 8k per week wage budget used. Hopefully when demands of players on free transfers start to drop later in the year I will be able to bring in some good players.

8K/week? With hastings?????? How the heck did you manage that? I can't imagine one good cup (even £750K) makes *that* much of a difference??!!!! Congrats!

One player just asked for £170k! I can only go up to £12K!!!

Are you using scouts and/or coach recommendations? Sounds more like players you're finding on your player search function

I just think if we think it is a bug report it to SI, and get an official answer.

As i said before personally i wasnt aware of it and so havent used it and have no intention of doing so but if it is currently in the game and isnt against the "rules" then technically as far as the challamge goes any one using it has not done anything wrong

Wasn't aware either...of course, I don't even use the player search....I use scouts and coach advice, + scout pool for players that pop up in my newsbox. Mixed fellings about it...feels like a game exploit, or at least, no WAD....just doesn't make sense. Regardless....not going to affect the way I play. Nothing in the rules for/against atm either...

This is a bit strange. If you go to the England overview page (click an English flag somewhere) and then the Clubs tab, where in the list is your Worksop team? Around the other Conference teams (see the Division column)? Way below with teams in inactive divisions?

Ouch! :( If I haven't overlooked someone I believe you just got the dubious honor of being the first to get relegated. :p

Good luck bouncing back up. Looks like you're in for a challenge.

True---he's the first (but surely won't be the last!) Hopefully you can get enough quality to get right back up.... losing half of your team won't help...go heavy on teamwork during the preseason!

Good luck with the second season Nickolaidis!

I'm going a bit better in my second season...currently only 8th on the table, but on good run of form...had decent cup runs this year...will have mid-season report in a day or so...

Moving up in the world :) Although i think its a steam achievement if you get offered a job?

I believe so....I'll wait on an offer soon enough for that one. Believe there is one for getting offered job with favorite team (or maybe accepting that offer...if it's accepting offer, I might have to make an alternate save if I get the cambridge offer just for the achievement :) )

edit: Childhood dream achievement---offered job at favorite team. As mine is only Cambridge, I expect to have this achievement soon enough :)

Any team in particular you hope to manage?

Frome!

I'm not sure really, definitely not a big club like FC United, a northern club or the Met Police!

Perhaps somewhere local to me (Coventry), Leamington, Evesham, Banbury etc. I'm not gonna save the game on the 23rd so it's pot luck!

Congrats on promotion by the way Howie :).

Frome!

I'm not sure really, definitely not a big club like FC United, a northern club or the Met Police!

Perhaps somewhere local to me (Coventry), Leamington, Evesham, Banbury etc. I'm not gonna save the game on the 23rd so it's pot luck!

Congrats on promotion by the way Howie :).

Cheers, I'm pretty pumped about it. And the board has just decided to build a completely new stadium. Living the high life :)

Can anyone who's got to league two give me some advice. I've only got a £3,500 wage budget, which I've maxed despite only having about 18 players. some of these 18 are out of contract and want at least a thousand per week, and any decent signings I want to make want the same. I've only got 5 defenders and 1 GK. I can't sign any loans or ask for an increase in the wage budget. And I can no longer sign Part time or non-contract players.

Has everyone else had similar problems? I should add that I'm doing okay, P7, W2, D1 and L4 (2 cup games). So I'll stay up, but the question is will it get better next season?

Just to give my 2cent on the sign in scout report button(which I haven't even seen before) By the look of it the terms they want are well above what most could offer. That young player from Chelsea I could just afford to get when I got in the Championship and is only Championship quality not to mention he has been without a club for 8 months so would be willing to join more clubs. Without going through the 2 pages to find another example. Based on that no one would benefit as they would not be able to sign him. IRL players do find themselves playing for lower league sides before making there way to top leagues or even playing for there national team. S.I need to say if it's a feature or a bug. Either way based on just that player it would not affect anything/anyone.

People could use editors and other ways to "cheat" but they know themselves and would not enjoy it as only cheating themselves.

Just to give my 2cent on the sign in scout report button(which I haven't even seen before) By the look of it the terms they want are well above what most could offer. That young player from Chelsea I could just afford to get when I got in the Championship and is only Championship quality not to mention he has been without a club for 8 months so would be willing to join more clubs. Without going through the 2 pages to find another example. Based on that no one would benefit as they would not be able to sign him. IRL players do find themselves playing for lower league sides before making there way to top leagues or even playing for there national team. S.I need to say if it's a feature or a bug. Either way based on just that player it would not affect anything/anyone.

People could use editors and other ways to "cheat" but they know themselves and would not enjoy it as only cheating themselves.

I agree WW. Using this, for me, means that I can sign players. Thats all it means. Before this, I wasnt able to sign anyone even near BSN standard, and the players I can afford by doing this are not exactly world-beaters. I'm not talking about the next Jack Wilshere here, or even players of the past calibre of the Sol Campbells of this world....

I agree WW. Using this, for me, means that I can sign players. Thats all it means. Before this, I wasnt able to sign anyone even near BSN standard, and the players I can afford by doing this are not exactly world-beaters. I'm not talking about the next Jack Wilshere here, or even players of the past calibre of the Sol Campbells of this world....

Well the players i sign with- wait, i can only offer a max of $40 p/w. Enough to sign no one. Sigh* this'll be a long season.

'Yeah if someone can afford to sign them through that way they can it's not like people won't see if someone gets a world beater(can't see it happing myself) which then may open a debate if there should be a rule but everyone could use if they wanted/needed. The bug if there is one could be that the negotiations are hidden for some players in the first place which would just need balancing out. Don't know if I'm being blind but can't see any issue with it atm.

'Yeah if someone can afford to sign them through that way they can it's not like people won't see if someone gets a world beater(can't see it happing myself) which then may open a debate if there should be a rule but everyone could use if they wanted/needed. The bug if there is one could be that the negotiations are hidden for some players in the first place which would just need balancing out. Don't know if I'm being blind but can't see any issue with it atm.

I just gave this a try. I could sign anyone from manchester united's youth for between 1,000 - 2,000 per week. Any. Even the ones worth 4 mil. I think thats a serious flaw in it. Can we agree on that?

Exactly. I could show you some screenshots of some players who wont even consider talking to me without this, but if you want an idea look at the goalkeeper I posted above. He's hardly a world-beater is he? Given that he was without a club before, it seems odd if he doesnt discuss terms with a club like mine....the last club he was at were Lewes, whose reputation is about the same as mine. And his rating there was 6.79. Tell me thats a player who shouldnt be possible to sign for a club in my position? His wages are still pretty high for a BSN club....

So it's a bug and will get fixed likely by next week but I can't see anyone in this challenge gaining in a big way by using it. S.I could of said it's feature of the scout making contact and the player knowing the club is interested so shows his demands. But I guess that would only work in this challenge as other teams have higher wage budgets at our levels.

So it's a bug and will get fixed likely by next week but I can't see anyone in this challenge gaining in a big way by using it. S.I could of said it's feature of the scout making contact and the player knowing the club is interested so shows his demands. But I guess that would only work in this challenge as other teams have higher wage budgets at our levels.

Which is EXACTLY why it makes sense. Teams in the Premiership have a high reputation so players will speak to them anyway, and you're able to find them without scouting because your knowledge levels are far far higher. It makes total sense.

Re the people struggling for finances. Have you tried organising a preseason friendly league? I've done that both seasons I've played so far and its meant I've had enough cash to last the season. I had a £7k p/w budget in the BSP which I didn't get anywhere near (had a fair few NC players which helped).

Just finished off my 2nd season late last night, update to follow when I'm back home later.

I just gave this a try. I could sign anyone from manchester united's youth for between 1,000 - 2,000 per week. Any. Even the ones worth 4 mil. I think thats a serious flaw in it. Can we agree on that?

Yeah thats a big flaw and now I'm not blind but on the season updates it would show people signed from United or other big clubs and thats if they could afford to sign them. plus was there any compensation you had to pay?

Re the people struggling for finances. Have you tried organising a preseason friendly league? I've done that both seasons I've played so far and its meant I've had enough cash to last the season. I had a £7k p/w budget in the BSP which I didn't get anywhere near (had a fair few NC players which helped).

Just finished off my 2nd season late last night, update to follow when I'm back home later.

I tried to organise something like that but my board would only allow very local Matchs, which paid only 1-2k per match.

Archived