FM12: Borussia Dortmund - 'Wo Champions sind Geboren'

NorthernGooner

it must be courageous to sell out Prestia, Kadlec, Erick Torres, Bertolacci, Torje, Reinartz. Even more when I see that you don't have many strikers and I trust Prestia/Reinartz over City flop Savic. He is a height of languidness. He is too slow for a covering CB. I dunno why Mancini prefers him over Boyata. The kid could develop better than Micah Richards.

Prestia, Kadlec, Torres are the future stars of this game.. I have seen Sevilla pouncing 17m for Kadlec in 2013 summer. were you too desperate to sell them?

My Update:

Cigerci has stepped in pretty well in place of inj Bertolacci and his passing has been the best in league.

Even I may offload Bertolacci, if Ekdal confirms to join in summer 2014.

Have been awarded extra 5m from the board for January txr window. :D

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't exactly need the money, they were just sitting around eating wages and I wasn't getting use out of them. No point paying a player who isn't reaching their potential and isn't playing much. Reinartz left because he was of the oldest contingent of DCs and Hummels and Subotic are better. Savic has been quite handy for me, and with Stefan Bell back and wanting to continue blooding Antonio Silva, Reinartz wasn't going to play enough to justify his wages. Prestia had a number of loan spells and some time in the first team but he just hasn't panned out the way his potential suggested he might. A shame but he only cost me 1m

Number of strikers I'm content with, I generally play with the lone striker and I have a couple of younger players training away in Dortmund II if I need to replace the third striker. Torje has been ok, but his stats last season were flattered by generally been played against weaker teams. I'm happy to cash in on him when Chelsea offered 14m and move for Vadillo in his place, he's younger and better suits what I'm looking for in a AMR. Torje's big strength is his pace and once that goes, he's a bit average. Torres had chance after chance but never seemed to do much for me and since he was a free transfer, I wasn't particularly attached to making him fit into my project. Plus I have the AM strength to play 4-6-0 if necessary. Did well enough for Roma in 2001

generally if a city player is listed you get him for half the wages. Moreover, You can get them on loan and pay a cut price wage percentage. Silva is quality and could be a great DLP at this age (a Scholes/Xavi) probably. would certainly boost your chances in big games. I would say get him.

A younger guy will not put you in a pole position right away. Probably that's the missing link in your Trophy winning campaign. You can loan Silva and simultaneously buy a young blood. Either tutor him from Silva or send him out on loan (make the league playable when he joins some club which is not from a playable league). I believe the results will be far better both for now and for years to come.

If he looks anything like below in your save... he is a steal for just 20k/week

215024d1326063276-request-player-screenshot-fm12-david-silva-overview_-attributes-2.png

Alas, I never had any of my players in top 5 of the player stats... in-spite of scoring the highest no. of goals for last two seasons.

Guess its b/c I rotate my players a lot... but yes Subotic/Santana are among the highest scores of the season :p

nice thrashing against Club Brugge there.

Losing to Gladbach, Bayern AND Schalke? Tsk tsk tsk:p

FM decided I had to too easy after my invincible season and gave me a group of death in the CL - Liverpool, Inter and Feyenoord. Beat Liverpool 1-0, lost to Inter 2-1. League is going well, 5-2-0 so far. Bayern have spent big as they must be getting anxious they haven't won a title in 3 seasons. Bought in Javier Hernandez and spent 74m in total. Should be fun

What a sweet November it has been.. Sturridge on fire scoring 3 hat-tricks in 3 consecutive league matches. He has been immense.

DortmundMatchesNov-Dec2013.png

BundesligaPlayerStatsDec2013.png

On the other side it is also a injury ridden season for me. Adler is out for 4-5 weeks and Thiago Neves is out again for 4 weeks.

FM bug - Neves was out for 9 out of last 10 weeks and he is surprisingly unhappy with his playing time at club... well done Neves!

For long I was looking for a player to cover for Bender, well Mate Simao here offers just more than a cover option. He has awesome physical stats and could be a great mid to chase players and win the ball. Agreed a 20k/week with me.

MateSimao.png

The other find, Vincent Aboubakar, could be a hidden gem, Sturridge like player. I am impressed with his physicals, a decent training on finishing can make him coveted poacher.

VincentAboubakar.png

other transfers coming soon...

Gotzeinj.png

okay.. I give up know all the season I have been struggling with these, every week one of my players gets sidelined and not for a small spell but always for more than a month. Guess this is AI's new plan keep up with me. PATHETIC!

Well I was already having a hard time with injuries to key players or players in-form. Faced selection headache times and had to change my tactic often. Then I decided to utilize the winter transfer window and bring some new cover in. Coupled with the 5m that board allotted and the sales/loan of following sales, gave me decent enough kitty.

Transfers_Out_Jan2014.png

Here are the players that I bought in (The known names were all transfer listed by their clubs):

Transfers_Jan_2014.png

And Hold your breath, as here are the future transfers:

FutureTransfers2014.png

Bavariansdefeated.png

Just hammered Bavarian's by 4-0. It was so pleasing... Games like this makes you go on and on, so yes I am back in business.

@Stampler: Next season? My team still has depth to challenge at every level... I'll return with trophies!

repeating again -

"Dortmund jersey's are for winners! They don't shrink to fit inferior players."

j3asnotw3sxxijp9ca4p.jpg

@fyrefuze:

Haha! Its always nice to hammer those damn bavarian deers!!! :)

all the best for next season , mate!

UPDATE:

Hammered Bayern to win the Supercup :)

What do you think of Mavuba? I needed a good DMC because I had fallen out with Abu and had to sell him, Balitsch was no good anymore, Tymoschuk is declining and this french guy was on the market so I went for him.

Mykhalyk (DC, DMC) was a surprise find, although aged (in his 30s), he´s double-digits in almost every attribute. Let´s see, he only wanted to be a backup so i accepted :)

Finally got rid of Brek Shea.

Leitner didnt get the playing time he deserves so I put him on the transfer list and got some money for him at least.

Sanogo was loaned out to 2nd division Cottbus last season and went on to claim the topscorer award with 22 goals. He still wants to leave, I wonder how I can make him stay?! Loaned him to Cottbus for another season now...

@DM: why not go for Mate Simao guy above? He is cheap, a Kara like signing and would do a good job, a no nonsense BWM.

@Barrios: He is really surplus to the requirement and his attitude has not been good lately... I would suggest replacing him with Podolski. I personally wanted to get him on my FM save but in Sturridge I had a cheaper option. Fulham is too low for Barrios though, dunno but Spurs was a better option.

Didnt spot him in my DMC list... anyway Mavuba looks promising in his first games :)

About Barrios...i see - if Lewandovski´s keeping up his good run this could be good if we get a proper replacement as well. though podolski isnt that likely i guess or is he? would be good to have a man with a 20 at "long shots" in the team...

wow.. 20 at long shots, may be a new Roberto Carlos. Just had a quick search in my save. Only Douglas Costa and Van der vaart have the maximum (18). Douglas Costa has developed into quiet a brilliant player though. Just 23 and look at his stats.

DouglasCostaaged23.png

*applauds*

real madrid just offered him to me for 12 Mio but i declined - my fault! :( as you know i play with a sole striker and i thought i have Barrios, Sanogo (if he stays) and the gem newgen 17yo for that and his wage demands were quite high...

sounds silly, for some days ago I urged you to buy him in your save ;)

borussiadortmundfixture.jpg

What an amazing run I have had lately with my Dortmund side going 24 games without conceding in all competitions but now I'm up against Bayern a team that has scored against me in every game I played them. Let's see if I can brake the spell and keep a clean sheet against them. If I manage to do that I'm only 5 games away from the 30 games without conceding achievement which I have never achieved so far with any team or in any FM.

But now it's time to sleep. Good night.

Quiet winter window, got in a newgen Argentine striker from Colo Colo who looks like he could be impressive for 5m, and a Turkish DMC/DC who was purchased a year and a half ago finally arrived. The big move was Luiz Gustavo - transfer listed for 5m by Bayern. Their loss is my gain, he scored on debut

could be an all German Final provided Bayern and us can pull off some impressive ties. Real would surely be looking for a revenge this term.

CLsemisdraw.png

@Flohrinho: awesome run there, some Big wins as well. How does your defence looks like in 2015?

@Flohrinho: awesome run there, some Big wins as well. How does your defence looks like in 2015?

My first 11 defense atm is:

Bartra - Bell - Hummels - Schmelzer

Surely not the best players available in the game but it seams that a lot of time spend together has made those players a world calls defending unit.

Usually I play a 4-2-3-1 but against harder opposition such as Bayern I usually switch to a 4-5-1 with Sven Bender in defensive midfield. The guy is immense ans usually takes out every AMC completely out of the game.

I can also recommend buying Lars Bender to partner his twin Sven in the 4-2-3-1 as the two CMs. Those guys just make for an amazing partnership and help the defense a lot in my experience.

But no I'm going to try if I can keep a clean sheet against Bayern evne though Gomez always seams to have a field day when playing against me, I hate that guy.

Edith: had to rely on a bit of luck and even though Bayern was the better team I managed to get a 0-0 which is okay seeing that I'm 7 points ahead of them and it's only 13 games played so far.

Friggin hell went into the game that could have given me the "30 goals without conceding" achievement against Hannover whom I'm big favorites against only to finally concede my first goal of the season. Argh.

78 more minutes that was all that it would have taken after not conceding for 2622 minutes. I really wanna strangle Stefan Bell right now for his sloppy defending that allowed the goal to be scored.

Well the game ended 6-1 for me so I can't even be angry at my players in team talks. grml.

RMadridawayleg.png

won the first leg against Real Madrid which puts me at a great advantage when playing next at home. Also have retained the Bundesliga title for 4th consecutive time. Two games to be played Bayern not even close.

4thtitle.png

This has become routine now, and I am loosing interest. I have a quality squad at my disposal with Wilshere and Edkal joining next season. Cavani was txr listed for 40m but damn Funds, I had not enough and Arse**l pounced him before I could and offered a huge package which I could not match and chapter closed.

After a injury laden season, I am in a good position now and can lift the CL trophy again. If I do so I would reach my goal of consecutive Champions League win and wouldretire my Dormund save. Good luck guys.

5-0.png

DortmundvRMadridPostMatch.png

I knew Ramos was out suspended for the second leg and thus put Tevez against a lesser Fullback, Tevez's untiring runs on the left wing also ensured that Ronaldo had a poor game. Sturridge, Gotze and Adler were solid as always.

DortmundvRMadridFulltimeratings.png

sad to loose Tevez for CL Final though.

BrianCloughNews_Inbox-1.png

Must be frustrating to get so close...

Congrats on even getting close, that is such a luck based achievement

Yes definitely. I mean my GK Leno saved me twice against Bayern and Sevilla from conceding on more then one occasion but usually I don't allow the opponents more then one shot on target per game.

Another thing that has propelled my defense from good to awesome was the choice from me to go from extended highlights to watching all games full. I can much faster react to tactical changes from the AI this way and usually never lose control of a game anymore.

I can also recommend setting your wingers to defend your posts and have your fullbacks defend players in the game instead. Put your AMC on the edge and let your striker stay forward. This way you get all your players out of the way that are bad at defending and they will make less mistakes when it comes to corners, where I usually conceded a random goal every now and then, this is totally gone by now.

The last thing you might wanna do is put your match prep on high during the season. I don't know why but I have the feeling my team is playing way more consistent and very rarely ever has a bad performance since I changed it from average to high, set on Teamwork the entire time.

Yay!! The double!! Champions and Cup winners!

*screens to follow*

To be honest, I don´t know who to buy for the new season...

Barrios left for Stuttgart on a free despite being 2nd best goalscorer in the league but he was clearly declining and I got a gem mexican forward (3 strikers now , with Salvador AND Sanogo, he became top goal scorer in the 2nd Bundesliga the 2nd year in a row but he still is transfer listed by request...) so I let him go, as well as Tymoschuk, Touré and Bittencourt. My Youth is clearly waiting to step up.

I don't know why I bother to get excited about youth intake anymore...

The best of a poor lot was a NZ AMC who is all pace and set pieces. Guess I'll just have to poach everyone elses prospects again

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm doing send my scout armada out to scout the best youth teams in Germany and just approach every player that gets more then a 3 star rating and hasn't got some weird stat distribution.

Works quite well and I have gotten 2 or 3 4 star talents every year so far.

Made a Dortmund save; Completed pre-season; Just about to play our greatest rivals, FC Schalke, in the German Super Cup.

That's what's happened since last night :D It may look as if I'm 'doing the rounds', so to speak, by making a plethora of saves but, it's all for the 12.3 patch. I want to make different saves in order to determine who I'll make saves with once the 12.3 patch comes out. I was always going to make a BVB save, but I couldn't resist making one now!

I'm going to put a Monthly Update on here by tonight :thup:

bvbfocusintroduction.png

Pre-Season and Monthly Update - July

With my competitive season starting earlier than the rest of the Bundesliga due to my involvement in this years DFL-Super Cup, we've had to limit our pre-season exertions to protect our players from early season fatigue or injury. Here's what happened throughout our pre-season, whether we overcame Schalke or not in the Super Cup and how our first DFB-Pokal cup match went.

BVB ~ Pre-Season Fixtures and Results;

fixturesandresults.png

I was pleased with how our pre-season went. We gave some promising performances, imporved the squad's general fitness and match practice and I was able to evaluate fring players, such as marvin Bakalorz and Marc Hornschuh, in more depth. I was impressed with how well we played, despite the 1-0 results. We slotted in to my tactical set-up, which is very similar to the tactical set-up that Jürgen Klopp currently deploys in real-life, with considerable ease. The likes of Mario Götze, Chris Löwe and Robert Lewandowski all impressed me, especially new signing Löwe. I was also pleased to see that we were defensively solid. One of BVB's main traits in reality is their defensive solidity and robustness, so I feel that I've managed to emulate that with good effect. Good pre-season.

BVB ~ Formations, First XI's and more...

4231bvb.png

My ultimate goal with this tactic is to emulate real-life Dortmund. I want to play a brand of football which is based on pace, movement and defensive pressing. Passing Style: Ultimately, it will be orientated around a short passing game which will look to break down opposition defence's. Although, my short passing game will be affected by the tempo and how well the players will move in order to gain the ball. I've allowed nearly all of my advanced players the ability to roam into vacant positions in order to receive the ball from fellow team-mates. The tempo at which I decide to play my football will also be key. With too low a tempo, our play will become predictable, but too high a tempo and more brash, incorrect decisions will be made by players looking to move the ball on quickly. I've decided to play a fairly high tempo as this will allow my players to move the ball on quickly, in all most a counter-attacking fashion. Sven Bender will look to hold down the mdifield, rarely getting forward to support attacking movements; his primary role is to break up opposition advancements and move the ball one with no frills, or spills. As for the defensive unit, once again I want to provide stability for the midfield to work off. Mats Hummels will be deployed as a 'Ball-Playing Defender > Defend'. This will give him the ability to push on with the ball at his feet and pass the ball about well, as he does in real-life.

Monthly Update - August;

DFL-Super Cup;

Dortmund - 4 (Fuchs OG '14, Kagawa '33, Großkreutz '36, Lewandowski '67)

FC Schalke - 0

Great start to our competitive campaign; we played magnificently well. Things started well just before the quarter hour mark after Kagawa dinked one into the mid-drift of Fuchs, who diverted the ball into the net. It was plain sailing from then on. We moved the ball about well with a good sense of conviction and tempo. We then went into overload by scoring two goals in three minutes. First Shinji Kagawa pouncing on a loose ball, slotting home from 16-yards before Kevin Großkreutz, Mr.Industry himself, was put through by Shinji Kagawa after playing a well worked one-two movement. With the game almost certainly mine, I decided to slow the tempo, play inbetween ourselves much more, but that didn't stop Lewandowski from bagging another goal with 20-odd minutes to go: this one cpoming after some terrific wing play from young talisman, Mario Götze. Brilliant start to our season.

DFB-Pokal Cup;

Oberneuland - 0

Dortmund - 2 (Lewandowski '21, Gündogan '63)

It was a comfortable win, but it wasn't a good win; believe it or not, there is a difference! We took far too many long shots for my liking. For the first 30 minutes, we played well. Moved the ball about the park in a controlled, flowing manner and we were duly awarded through a good finish from Lewandowski. But, then came the bad part. Despite keeping the ball well, we wasted our hard earned possession with a plethora of long shots which floated harmlessly wide, many of them coming from Robert Lewandowski. I'm now going to change the team's 'Creative Freedom' to 'Default' in order to counter the threat of too many long shots. Gündogan, who was a 9th minute replacement for Götze, scored a well placed effort and sealed the victory. Decent win, but there's definitely room to improve in terms of our tactical set-up.

Anything to add?

Mario Götze - He's injured, but he's signed a new contract! First of all, I'll begin with the positives. Götze has signed a new contract;

snewcontract.png

I'm delighted with this, especially due to the fact that he's with us until 2016 now. Granted, he is on £41k a week, but he's definitely worth it. Saying that, it hasn't crippled our wage structure too much as Mohammed Zidan, who has moved to Mainz, has left a fair amount of money after he left. Onto news which I'm not as 'delighted' with: Götze has picked up an injury which will keep him out for 2-3 weeks. He pulled his hamstring in our DFB-Pokal cup match against Oberneuland.

KOMM DORTMUND!

Wouldn't Sven be better as the ball winning midfielder, Gundogan's strengths are in going forward

He has Gündoğan as a BWM > Support, meaning that he pushes high up, uses his tackling abilities and then starts attacks with little intricate passes. I suppose he has him set to high creative freedom too.

Archived