Sports Interactive Community
furiousuk

Training The Furious Way

Great post, I need just one advice - as in FM2012 we can now make youth players use the first team schedules, I believe that putting the best prospect in the first team (available for the U19 team ofc) and putting them on the Young schedules would be best? Do you think that 15-16yo players are supposed to be on the Young schedule? And by the way, phnompenhandy's suggestion doesn't work in Bulgaria :(

Great post, I need just one advice - as in FM2012 we can now make youth players use the first team schedules, I believe that putting the best prospect in the first team (available for the U19 team ofc) and putting them on the Young schedules would be best? Do you think that 15-16yo players are supposed to be on the Young schedule? And by the way, phnompenhandy's suggestion doesn't work in Bulgaria :(

Yes, absolutely. All of my youth players are given a contract which they'll sign at 17 or they are out the door so they go on the Young (Full-time) schedules as early as possible. Getting 15-16 year olds with the benefit of full-time training can only be beneficial and help them to develop faster.

I haven't played FM12 so I don't know the intricacies of the new system. I've read a little about it and it sounds rather frustrating if you're trying to develop youth.

Yes, absolutely. All of my youth players are given a contract which they'll sign at 17 or they are out the door so they go on the Young (Full-time) schedules as early as possible. Getting 15-16 year olds with the benefit of full-time training can only be beneficial and help them to develop faster.

I haven't played FM12 so I don't know the intricacies of the new system. I've read a little about it and it sounds rather frustrating if you're trying to develop youth.

I find its great on FM12 for developing youngsters.

Do they have full-time contracts? If they do, you can move them to the first team or reserve squad, put them on full-time training schedules, then move them back to the U20 squad. Works in England anyway.

When I try this in holland they're just put back on a yth schedule

Yeah doesn't work in Italy either, despite players being on full-time contracts.

It's very frustrating, especially since the U20s is the only "reserve" team that plays regular matches.

Thanks for the advice, getting my best youngsters in the first team now and making them available for the U19 :)

Great post! I have discovered a completly new way to play this fantastic game.

A couple of question:

- What do you do if happens coach advise you that "the development of the guy has stopped because he needs a new challenge" (I dont have the game in english and I dont know if my translation is correct). Sell him? But the players play well, he's happy with the training level, the moral is superb etc. Maybe try develop a PPM?

- Regarding the tutoring, which of the 2 option is better to use in the private chat? and which difference between them?

- For a low league team like mine (Npowe league 2) but with training structures and coaches above the average it's anyway useful to send a player on loan in a blue square team or is better to involve him in U18, reserves, and some 1st team appareances?

Thank again for sharing your experience

I'm getting this 'needs a new challenge' a lot. I'm trying to ignore it. I think the meaning is that he needs to play at a higher level, which means promotion, so dont sell him.

Generally, playing first team football in BSP is better than reserves in League Two. What I'd do is spend half the season giving him your best training, indiv focus, tutoring, and some first team games from the bench, then half the season on loan with a guarantee of first team action.

Great post! I have discovered a completly new way to play this fantastic game.

A couple of question:

- What do you do if happens coach advise you that "the development of the guys has stopped because he needs a new challenge" (I dont have the game in english and I dont know if my translation is correct). Sell him? But the players play well, he's happy with the training level, the moral is superb etc. Maybe try develop a PPM?

- Regarding the tutoring, which of the 2 option is better to use in the private chat? and which difference between them?

- For a low league team like mine (Npowe league 2) but with training structures and coaches above the average it's anyway useful to send a player on loan in a blue square team or is better to involve him in U18, reserves, and some 1st team appareances?

Thank again for sharing your experience

I've seen that message about the training quite a few times, also that the player needs a full-time schedule in order to progress.

I get the feeling that is a lot harder to develop players on part-time schedules on this version, the fact that you can't offer FT contracts on semi-pro clubs to your top prospects makes it harder to develop youth on the lower leagues.

I could be remembering wrong but i think that on FM11 players would develop a lot more in PT contracts than they do now.

Another question

I missed any clues about using the two Lite Rest schedules. I'd say they are used sometimes when the calendar is very full to help the recovery between the matches.

Or I'm wrong?

And regarding the tutoring, anybody could explain me the difference between the 2 options when you ask at the possible tutor?

Thx in advance (and sorry for my bad english)

Another question

I missed any clues about using the two Lite Rest schedules. I'd say they are used sometimes when the calendar is very full to help the recovery between the matches.

Or I'm wrong?

And regarding the tutoring, anybody could explain me the difference between the 2 options when you ask at the possible tutor?

Thx in advance (and sorry for my bad english)

I'd agree that sending them on loan will serve them better, sending them to the right manager is also important - managers good at Working With Youth and Motivating are normally a good bet. Preferably send them to a club that expect to do well. Try also to get the playing level appropriate to the player - I've sent players to my feeder club in the Championship who would of been better going to League 1, they'll still be decent players eventually but I'd rather they do well than sit on the bench at a higher profile club. This thread contains a link to SFrasers' Guide to Developing Youngsters where he discusses this in much more detail.

Regarding tutoring, I think the options changed for FM12 but for FM11 I always select the top option which flatters the tutor and asserts their status as a top player at the club. Also, this option ensures they learn PPM's and Personality which is always good. If you had a tutor with odd PPMs then you might want to change the option you choose. I've had the odd tutoring mess-up but generally it works fine.

You didn't miss any clues regarding the Lite Rest schedules, they snuck into the download and I haven't really mentioned them. When I couldn't afford a well-rounded squad I used them exactly how you're suggesting, normally around the Christmas period (in England) to try and help players regain match condition quicker. My thinking is that the players are fit so a bit of rest should be beneficial (unfit players - i.e after injury - will just get unfit-ter but fit players should appreciate the rest). I can afford to rotate my squad now as I have the players so I haven't used the Lite schedules (not sure why I can't spell!) for a few seasons but if you have a tighter squad then it would be an option. I think I used them for 2-3 weeks during particularly busy periods and saw no negative effects on player development but did seem to see better match condition (now I think about it a lighter schedule probably has more benefit at helping to reduce injury during a busy period). You could probably achieve the same result using the Rest feature (I've never been convinced about how to use that feature though as it never seems to do much but it might be I'm using it wrong).

Hi, I have one question - do you think it is worth making separate schedules (based on the ones you provided) but with a lower intensity for the "unhappy with his training schedule" players? I read these days that player happiness also affects his development (logical, but I didn't pay much attention to that until now), so what do you think would be better - a happy player with a slightly less intensive schedule or an unhappy one, working his a** off in the intensive ones?

Hi, I have one question - do you think it is worth making separate schedules (based on the ones you provided) but with a lower intensity for the "unhappy with his training schedule" players? I read these days that player happiness also affects his development (logical, but I didn't pay much attention to that until now), so what do you think would be better - a happy player with a slightly less intensive schedule or an unhappy one, working his a** off in the intensive ones?

A player might say he's unhappy with his schedule, but is his morale suffering? If his morale is superb/very good, then you can ignore his moaning. It really only starts to matter when you go on a losing streak and they become unhappy about everything.

Guest avine

About Other Crucial Aspects Of Development:

at what stage of a player's development/career do you choose to retrain his position?

pls answer for these two types of players:

a)for a member of youth team or regen

b)for a new,first team. transfer in, that you have plans to change his position

so will backup players, who may only get a handful of first team games, but are in say mid to late 20s - be on the 1st team schedule?

About Other Crucial Aspects Of Development:

at what stage of a player's development/career do you choose to retrain his position?

pls answer for these two types of players:

a)for a member of youth team or regen

b)for a new,first team. transfer in, that you have plans to change his position

Retraining to a different position is something I've always found quite difficult. I'll generally start the process as soon as I can, or as soon as I notice that I need to. I currently have a 16 y/o retraining from DC to DR as I think he'll be more effective as a solid full back but it's not really happening for him although he hasn't had long at the moment. The problem is that I don't want to specifically manage my youth team and I there's no way I can specify that he must play games at DR which is a real shame. Given that young players are young and that they play an incredible amount of games (due to playing most reserve games too) they should be really easy to retrain but they're not. It'll also impact on their training which I think, over the course of a career, could have a real impact so it's trade-off. Many young players really should be retrained, I have had a number of really good-looking CBs with 5 for strength or jumping, they've just got to be pushed wide as they'll probably never overcome those inherent weaknesses.

I have a 23 y/o I'm also retraining to DR and his progress is going far better, mainly, I think, because he is getting games at DR. If you're retraining they need to keep playing that position. I have a 26 y/o who has played right wing for 5 seasons (he was retrained at his previous club) but I often have to still put him on retraining to keep him natural at AMR, one sub appearance in the centre and he can lose natural.

I have found that with new transfers it is sometimes wise to wait a month or so before asking them to retrain or tutor or be the tutee. I've hardly ever had a problem after waiting a while but will often have an unsuccessful tutoring if I try it too early.

Great topic!

Give these schedules a season long try in my first year training Ajax.

I'll come back later with the results

Hope they are working out well for you. They are very heavy physically which has seen good rises amongst my younger players (although Hulk at the age of 33/34 gained a point of jumping the other month :eek: !!). Just out of interest, what are your facilities like? And your backroom staff?

other download link please.....

I've just tried it and it worked fine for me. I had a look around my host site as well and all seemed to be good. Maybe it was just busy when you tried. I've not very good with hosting things and stuff like that. Does the link work now?

so will backup players, who may only get a handful of first team games, but are in say mid to late 20s - be on the 1st team schedule?

Good question, my backup players are all 30+ guys who are around for tutoring/nostalgia (mainly tutoring) so they are on veteran schedules. I'd actually say that if they are mid/late 20's but not playing much then they will have more value to you as transfer funds - I'd be tempted to get rid and replace with younger, more talented versions. If you don't want to get rid then any of the schedules would work (not the youth ones) - I think the 1st team ones are most appropriate as they are fairly balanced across the training areas any loss of attributes should be well distributed which will hopefully mean that there won't be enough of a dip to actually see a loss of a point. The developing or veteran ones are probably too shaped which might mean it encourages some attributes to drop whereas I'm not sure you'll see a redistribution because they aren't getting the benefits of regular game experience.

If you have a number of older (but not old) backups just make sure they aren't taking game-time away from your talented youngsters. A young player might still develop well with regular reserve games for a season or so (with a handful of 1st team games) but a 25+ player almost certainly won't.

What happens really if a player is unhappy about their training schedule? Lower their morale slightly but something else?

From what I've read a player unhappy with his schedule won't cause any problems per se, but if their morale lowers then I think training becomes less effective which is a problem. I have a couple of players who will see red arrows fairly regularly (at least one month per season), they normally regain these after a stern talking to but it is either a) they are unhappy with their schedule, causing a lowering of morale but they don't dare come a-whingeing so I don't know about it or b) they are just a little jaded and need a wee rest. Either way it's annoying and I haven't fully got to the bottom of it but you have to accept players are pretty complex animals so some unexplained behaviour is to be expected.

I haven't had a player unhappy with their schedule for many seasons. My way of dealing with them was to yell at them, if they didn't immediately pick themselves up then they would be shown the nearest exit, and quickly. I've had a disharmonious squad before, the only way I found to really solve the problem was sell 4/5 players and replace where possible, this isn't always an option.

If they are unhappy and you don't want to get rid then firstly just see how it impacts the player. I'd imagine some deal better with unhappiness than others. If it's a problem then create a custom, lighter schedule for the slacker that is maybe 2/3 clicks lighter in overall workload ( try clicking each individual slider one click lower and see how the overall workload is ). It won't make a huge difference to their development (so long as the sliders are in roughly the same shape) at a slightly lower intensity but might make them happy again which should affect their performance, particularly if you hit a rough patch of form.

"Hope they are working out well for you. They are very heavy physically which has seen good rises amongst my younger players (although Hulk at the age of 33/34 gained a point of jumping the other month !!). Just out of interest, what are your facilities like? And your backroom staff?"

The facilities at Ajax are very good:

- Training 18

- Youth coaching 19

- Youth facilities 20 (I changed this in the editor from 19)

My Coaches are all giving me 4 star+ in the schedules. Hereby I fired almost all of them and brought in news coaches focusing on M.M.M. and 1 particular item like Tactics.

Thanks for the input furiousuk. I use to talk to the ones that feel their training is to hard and some of them gets motivated when i tell them to work harder.

But, after a while they turn into being unhappy again.

As you are writing, there are options depending on which player it is.

If theres an keyplayer, and he's happy in general, not much to do about it. Maybe lower the level until he's satisfied.

If theres an younger (not junior) or lower ranked player, whos not willing to work for his place, to earn his spot in the team. Good bye.

The facilities at Ajax are very good:

- Training 18

- Youth coaching 19

- Youth facilities 20 (I changed this in the editor from 19)

My Coaches are all giving me 4 star+ in the schedules. Hereby I fired almost all of them and brought in news coaches focusing on M.M.M. and 1 particular item like Tactics.

Ah, better than mine then I think so I'm sure you'll see fantastic results. Let me know if you notice anything odd or unexpected!

Thanks for the input furiousuk. I use to talk to the ones that feel their training is to hard and some of them gets motivated when i tell them to work harder.

But, after a while they turn into being unhappy again.

As you are writing, there are options depending on which player it is.

If theres an keyplayer, and he's happy in general, not much to do about it. Maybe lower the level until he's satisfied.

If theres an younger (not junior) or lower ranked player, whos not willing to work for his place, to earn his spot in the team. Good bye.

I'd agree with that. Are you on FM11 or FM12? From what I've read it seems to be more of an issue in FM12.

Im on FM12 and some players are moaning. When i discover that (from the player-tactics-page) I check if the other players, at the same training schedule feels the same. If its all ok, its probably about the moaning players personality.

Whats the difference between young and developing schedule. i understand that 1st is for the first team players and veteran for the old players. but im not sure about the young and developing ones. could u plz explain so i know which schedule to pick for what player

I use young for players who have turned 17, got a full-time contract and have been moved to the reserves to get full-time training. I use the developing schedules for my youngest players in the first team squad.

They were planned exactly as Andy uses them. It's a subtle difference but the youth emphasise the physical aspect so that the natural physical growth of youngsters is accented to get them to a level where they can physically handle first team football, then they can begin getting a few sub appearances and starts for the big boys and need to learn how to really play, hence the developing schedules are geared more towards mental and technical training. It's hard to make generic schedules that emphasise every aspect of a player so I've opted that physical and mental are preferred over technical for my team, that's not to say that technical is abandoned, just that you have to make a trade-off somewhere. If your team philosophy is that you want an incredibly technical squad then you'd need to alter the schedules for your own use - I've read somewhere that Barcelona youngsters do ONLY technical (with some mental) training for several years, they don't worry about really building physicality until later.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent. Youth schedules for those just gaining their 1st pro contract but who probably won't see any 1st team action and Developing for those youngsters who aren't 1st team regulars but will see at least a handful (hopefully more) of 1st team games.

Quick update:

Some of the players bitch out a bit on these schedules. But, I only know this because my assistant asks me to go to the boardroom meeting. And there he gives me a player who is moaning. But after the meeting i have no signs the players is really getting unsettled or is set back in his development. Also this moaning is NOT (for what i notice after one season) influencing the morale of this player. For my small opinion I think that you should let them moan and keep them on the schedule. And if they start acting stronger and the rest of the players are fine, then it has something to do with the personality of the player and (well that's what I do with those kind) SELL him.

Anyway, furiousuk I am now in the mid season break and my Assistant has come to me over the last month with more than 10 players of who he thinks have mad remarkable progress, saying things like he needs first team practice now etcetera. All I can say is that a lot of players have high jumps up!

One note: During mid season after the winterbreak I had up to 6 injuries at one time, lowering in the end of the season to an average of 3. Mayby this has to do with the high workload?

Anyway the results are very good for just 1 season on the stats increase.

I've clicked the link to download the schedules. It downloads as a zip, now what do I do. Where do I put it?

Are people using these on FM12.0.4? & if yes how are they working? just trying them now on my FM12 careeer save :)

One note: During mid season after the winterbreak I had up to 6 injuries at one time, lowering in the end of the season to an average of 3. Mayby this has to do with the high workload?

That's certainly quite a few. You will of course pick a few up during the course of the season but it's worth just making a mental note of how the player got the injury. If it's a knock during a game it's either unfortunate (and hence nothing to do with their training schedule) or it's to do with low condition of a player - this last one can be at least partially attributed to training, if I can avoid it I won't start a player with <95% condition and I'll try and sub those whose condition drops during the game (or have played a large number of consecutive games). The other way they get injuries is in training, if you're getting a lot of those then the schedules are too hard for either the player, or your facilities or your physios.

This last point is the most interesting. I would logically assume that a good physio helps players recover from injury quicker than a poor one, and this is how it works in FM. A good physio might also have a hand in designing training sessions to ensure that players are kept in peak physical condition (where they are less likely to suffer injury), and I'm sure I've read that this is also true in FM - better physios will help reduce injuries (more specifically training injuries).

I can't confirm this as the quality of my facilities, coaches, physios and players all increased at the same rate but it sounds logical that with better physios, better coaches, better facilities and more professional players you can use a heavier workload.

How did you make those screenshots btw?

Hit ALT-F9 in the game to take a screenshot (they'll end up inside your FM folder) and then use any sort of photo-editing or drawing software to judicially use cut & paste. I use Photoshop but MSPaint would do it. GIMP or Inkscape are free and are far more than capable of doing it.

I've clicked the link to download the schedules. It downloads as a zip, now what do I do. Where do I put it?

Unzip the file (Windows will do it I think but otherwise there are lots of programs that will, 7Zip or WinZip are possibly free?) and you'll end up with a couple of .tsh files (I think Furious Training.tsh & Furious Wing Schedules.tsh). Place those .tsh inside your 'schedules' folder and they'll appear in-game. My folder is found in Documents-Sports Interactive-Football Manager 2011-schedules. Pretty sure that is the default location.

Hit ALT-F9 in the game to take a screenshot (they'll end up inside your FM folder)

Ah, really? Whenever I pres 'prt sc' I get a screenie of my desktop. Maybe Ih ave to be in windowed mode. I don't have a folder for screenshots - should I create one? Where? MyDocs>SI>FM12?

I'll come back at the injuries after this weekend, i'll check the causes of the injuries. As well i must say that i didn't change my physios from the start of my game and they aren't that good. On the other side i do make sure that the condition of all the players are above 95% to start a game and under 75% during the game i substitute them.

Ah, really? Whenever I pres 'prt sc' I get a screenie of my desktop. Maybe Ih ave to be in windowed mode. I don't have a folder for screenshots - should I create one? Where? MyDocs>SI>FM12?

I think it'll create one automatically if it doesn't already exist but yeah, it should appear in the SI/FM12 folder. I play in full-screen mode, I don't know if it makes a difference.

ALT-PRTSC will just take a shot of the active window but I think ALT-F9 works in any mode.

Thanks for these schedules and the information you posted, I've really tried to put these into practice in my current game and it is making a big difference to the development of players. I feel like I'm finally able to take on a decent young player and help them reach their potential :)

Thanks for these schedules and the information you posted, I've really tried to put these into practice in my current game and it is making a big difference to the development of players. I feel like I'm finally able to take on a decent young player and help them reach their potential :)

Hey, thats great, glad you're having some success for them. Remember they are quite physically heavy so feel free to chop and change a little if you want your emphasis somewhere else!

Unbelievable, Jeff. It worked! :thup:

Ha ha, may you now experience screen shot bliss!

I like the way you show how your player goes up in attributes, where can I find this? Or did you do this with photoshop?

Cheerssss

The Furious Way In Action

A set of schedules are only as good as the results I guess so here are a few different development stories from my save (the schedules are developed in-situ but they have been pretty stable for the last few in-game years, as has the level of facilities and coaching). These aren’t necessarily the best examples of progress I’ve got but they show some realistic examples of how the schedules work during the progression of a save for different players.

SoumahBangouraIncreases.jpg

The progress of this sparkling young chap has been just about perfect. The increases shown here are over 2 whole seasons, from the age of 18-20 and he used the Inside Forward Developing schedule. The first season used a mixture of quickness, technique & finishing focus training whilst the 2nd season saw no individual focus set. When he joined at 18 I had no suitable tutor that could have added to his personality which is the only negative part of his development.

He was introduced slowly into the first team but quickly started scoring goals (I use a lone striker formation which is tough on a youngster but he had the attributes and personality for it). The 2nd season saw him bang home more than 40 goals and his progression just went through the roof. Even though he still has potential stars to fulfil he’ll go on the 1st team schedule next year as his physical attributes don’t need any more encouraging so his remaining potential would be best driven into mental and a bit of technical improvements.

JonathanOldIncreases.jpg

The increases for this guy are over 3 seasons, from the ages of 21-24. He joined a year or 2 previous to that and made good increases very early on although he was pretty much first choice DM almost right away. He has been on the DM 1st Team Schedule for the last 3 seasons.

The biggest problem he had to overcome was a 6 month injury at the age of 21 (hence a loss to stamina). I was worried it would ruin him as he is a superb covering DM who needs pace but he recovered well and is starting to turn into a half-decent playmaker as well (although his technique and his PPM’s will always hamper him in that regard). He has made good progress in just about all the right areas although I would have liked a bit of increase in tackling and decisions.

MateoKovacicIncreases.jpg

To show that the schedules work on slightly older players this shot shows progress from the last 3 seasons, during the ages of 23-26. When he joined he had been sat on the bench behind Pastore at Palermo so missed a huge chunk of development during the crucial 18-21 age range (he played almost no games during this period but played well in the handful he did make?!?). Despite this he had excellent attributes in all the right areas for a playmaker.

The most pleasing aspect here is the number of high attribute increases as well as the strength increase which means he can just about handle a job at MC. His strength increase required individual focus for a year, I also upped his positioning using focus training before realising it didn’t have any affect with the ball. We all make mistakes.

Chris Gray Increases.jpg

Saving the best for last is the last 3 seasons development over the ages of 18-20 (he’s very nearly 20 in the SS). The development of this guy has been, quite simply, spectacular. Make no bones about it he was an incredible player at 16 when I signed him (and not cheap either) but a little lacking in physicals. I needn’t of worried.

His development began with 2 seasons of successful tutoring which I think has contributed to his impressive mental gains at that age (he played only a few first team games but was involved in 2 U18 Cup wins). Last season he played a full season on loan to Liverpool where he was quickly first choice and his physicals flourished. He will be back with me this year and will be placed on the CB Developing schedule and positioning focus (although I play a man-marking scheme which he is already perfect for). He will also gain one last bout of tutoring to just finish his character.

Hopefully this short summary of the development cycle of 4 players will also give some insight into which development level to place a player.

I like the way you show how your player goes up in attributes, where can I find this? Or did you do this with photoshop?

Cheerssss

Cheerssss

A bit of photoshop magic I'm afraid. I don't know of any mods that will achieve this and as it would require local saving of a players attributes I doubt a mod could do it. It would be fairly simple for SI to implement though but I know of no plans to do it any time soon, unfortunately.

I keep screenshots of a lot of players to gauge their actual progress, normally once or twice a year. This can be done by the graph in-game but it only shows 1 year and is a bit fiddly.

Im currently using these schedules. I have recently noticed that players on your 1st Team Wingers schedule are losing pace. None have suffered injuries and the schedule doesn't look like it is lacking in the aerobic departments. Why would this be?

Great work with the schedules and the post, very informative views.

I however, feel that some are a little on the heavy side, and with FM12 it doesn't seem you can lower an individual's training intensity, so it becomes annoying when they complain.

I tend to create my own, very standard regimes for each position (both full squad and youth schedules), that are basically the same overall intensity as the generic ones and I have no problems developing good players and getting good results out of them without too much messing about. I just manually raise the physical intensity during pre-season until about a week to go, then lower them all again.

this is very very comprehensive....i love the deatils...simply awesome...

i got a question about the young training group...

i cant seem to set training on my U18 squad to the "Young Category"....i can only set their training to YTH STR,DEF,CM...

and when i switch one of the U18 over to my RESERVE squad, i can immediately start using the Young CAtegory of training...

so what am i doing wrong here? how am i suppose to go about this?

Im currently using these schedules. I have recently noticed that players on your 1st Team Wingers schedule are losing pace. None have suffered injuries and the schedule doesn't look like it is lacking in the aerobic departments. Why would this be?

I haven't tested the winger schedules as I only currently have 1 winger-type player and he's on the AM schedules but I'm guessing it's just a redistribution of attributes as the 1st Team schedule only just favours aerobic over Ball control and Attacking. How long have they been on the schedule? How many players are we talking about? What age are they? How many games have they played? Also, is this a one-off decline or are they losing a little bit each month?

I'm assuming these are mid-age players playing regularly so I'm hoping it's a one-off decline. Did they increase the previous month? The actual attributes range from 1-100 which is then divided by 5 to give a figure between 1-20 before rounding. An incline happens when a value jumps from .4 to .6 (i.e. 12.4 is a 12, 12.6 is a 13), if your player is jumping between a .4 and a .6 (i.e. 15.4 & 15.6) then it'll be registering as an attribute change when infact the change is tiny and is a fairly mundane fluctuation. If you look at the training graph it'll be more help. If the training graph shows that pace is declining for several months in a row then something far more troublesome (and unusual) is occurring. Can you post a screenie of the Aerobic training graph of a couple of the players on the schedule?

Great work with the schedules and the post, very informative views.

I however, feel that some are a little on the heavy side, and with FM12 it doesn't seem you can lower an individual's training intensity, so it becomes annoying when they complain.

It's not absolutely necessary to go as hard as I have with the training, my training level is dictated by what my squad can handle and my guys are generally very professional, very determined, pretty hard-workers with very high natural fitness. Different squads may need a couple of notches lighter (or even heavier!). My schedules are generally around the Heavy change which is only a few notches (maybe 4/5) higher than the standard so it isn't that heavy. I'm still clinging to the belief that harder training should augment playing experience more than lighter training but I'm not sure that it really makes a massive difference.

Players complaining does seem to be more of an issue with FM12 than FM11 though. A backroom staff member with high Man Management who works with everybody should help reduce whingers and keep morale high.

this is very very comprehensive....i love the deatils...simply awesome...

i got a question about the young training group...

i cant seem to set training on my U18 squad to the "Young Category"....i can only set their training to YTH STR,DEF,CM...

and when i switch one of the U18 over to my RESERVE squad, i can immediately start using the Young CAtegory of training...

so what am i doing wrong here? how am i suppose to go about this?

This is a problem to do with the different rules regarding training that occurs in FM12. I can't help you too much and all of my info is 2nd hand as I don't have FM12 but I believe U18s can only train with the Youth schedules (Not the schedules I've presented). My 'Young' schedules are for players on professional contracts. The game dictates that anyone in the U18 squad needs to use part-time Youth schedules whereas those in the Reserves are full-timers and can use the pro schedules.

Phnompenhandy suggests above that you can move a player to a senior squad (1st team or reserve), then place them on a full-time schedule before moving them back to U18 (or making them available for U18?). In England they'll keep their full-time schedule derivation. Not sure if this has been solved with any sort of patch or even works but it's worth a try.

Sorry I can't be of much use, hopefully an FM12er will be able to help! Try the search facility on these forums as well, I'm sure I've seen a thread or 2 on getting U18s to use full-time schedules.

thx for the reply...its very informative...

oh btw if my players get injured, what schedule do i put them on?

If they're injured then they won't train anyway, whilst recovering I just keep them where they are. If they've lost condition then I expect the pre-season schedule would work to help recover match fitness quicker (it obviously won't help match practise). I tend to pay attention to how many games a recently injured player plays in and I like them to have at least 1 reserve game if possible. It's wise to not expect too much until their condition has risen back to 100%, starting a recently injured player at 95% on a Saturday after a midweek reserve game is asking for trouble.

If your player is injured for longer then you can actually be a bit more cunning. Invariably players on the long-time injury list will lose some attributes (and hence, lose CA), this CA will usually be regained upon recovery from injury and can be redistributed to more favourable attributes. This can, on occasion, be incredibly useful for improving a player that you maybe made mistakes with earlier.