Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, Gundo. The first season is tough. I bet you will improve a lot next season. I have actually played against W Pepa:) He is good and very fast.

Good luck with your next season.

I am improving in my third season, but not consistant enough I think to be promoted, but a top five finish is up for grabs I think.

Also congrats to others gaining promotion. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Diosd TC - Season 2012/13.

DTC-logó-150x150.jpg

League- Fixtures - Best Eleven - Finances

An up and down season, a great start as noted before, followed by a slump before Xmas, but then after the break this team meeting turned everything around. We then went on an 9 game unbeaten run, with a 5 game win streak. At this point I thought it might even be possible to catch the leader (I got to 7 points behind), but then we had a couple of tough losses which knocked us back. The tactics were a lot more attacking in the new year, the 4312 was played in every game and defaulted to control, with pass into space and look for the overlap added on as shouts before the game. It's annoying that we messed up the pre-xmas fixtures so badly, because I beat 2 out of the top 3 teams pretty easily. If I'd had the same form in the first half of the season as the second, I'd have won the league.

My success wasn't unnoticed however, I came runner up in the Manager of the Year.

A few of the stars:

Gergo Szesci - a GK I found in the Xmas break who immediately jumped into the starting role. Made a number of quality saves to keep us alive.

Valentin Dima, Pavel Novitskiy - I was getting destroyed down the flanks with my 4312 and slow FBs so these guys came in at Xmas and solved my problems in one fell swoop. Dima looked like he was going to be trouble because he couldn't settle, including not turning up to training, but I needed him so I stuck with him and he seems to have turned around now.

Attila Csaszar - solid in defence all year and scored a few goals to boot

Attila Andrusko - the midfield general, solid all year and a quality penalty taker

Zoltan Varga - led the league with 19 assists and a creative force all year long

Vladimir Matveev - what can I say? This guy is way too good to be playing for me, with that speed, acceleration and finishing he was deadly in the second half of the season, scoring at almost a goal a game. No-ones noticed him yet so hopefully he'll push me on the title this year. Club captain for 13/14 too.

Finances aren't looking pretty, at £300k in the red. The board put £50k into the club at some point, but that was a drop in the ocean. We're losing £20k a month minimum, almost solely because the wages aren't covered by the home attendance (which ended up around 620).

Plan for next season:

Win the division - I've chosen to narrow my pitch as much as possible so there's less chance of being exposed on the flanks at home playing my 4312. Here's hoping it pays off, I've not brought in any new players thanks to the financial situation.

Season    Division        Pos    Hungarian Cup     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Div II - West   4th    Fourth Round    Team building year

8 games remain - 11 points will guarantee me the league win. Not a bad position to be in :D

Wish it was me;) I have two games left and are trailing the leaders by seven points, so no promotion this season, even though it is a major improvement.

Good luck on clinching that league win!

Good luck to those playing in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

Both leagues should be fairly fun this time round, and more challenging. A lot of the financial side, contracts etc is being overhauled for the next patch. Hopefully it's allowed as well but I highly recommend selecting the load all players based in Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland option. A lot of the sides will load with regens instead of the real players because their CA's are so low so if you want the more authentic feel, load all players.

On a side note... the season after Neppo's challenge, Knockbreda applied and got into the third tier in Northern Ireland, they are still there now, but expected to gain promotion this season and have assembled a good squad. Must have been inspired!

Irish Researcher Thanks and good to know..

--

Talk about bad luck.. had a power outage right after I got the team I want so It did not save.. and now after 100 re-loads I cant seem to get it again.

So I guess I will have to pick a new team.

Tiller Season 3 Review

Following a couple of successful campaigns in the Norwegian Second Division League 1 (finishing 8th and 4th respectively) it was time to give promotion a real crack. Not surprisingly the pundits gave us no chance whatsoever, a 10th place finish was predicted, but i knew the squad was getting stronger season upon season. Could we do it?

The cup run wasn't anything to write home about. We got knocked out in the first round proper by Start from the League above, but it was close (2-1). This meant that we could fully focus on the league and give promotion a real shot. Finishing 1st was the only way promotion is gained from this tier of league football in Norway.

The campaign started well and we managed to set our stall out early. At the midpoint we were sat in 4th, 4 points behind the leaders Rosenberg 2, could we push on and make the step up.

League Table - As you can see we did manage it and promotion was ours! :D

Players

Landry Kouadio - I spotted this boy on loan last season, and wanted him. I managed to wait for his contract to expire and offer him a trial. All in all a great bit of business, this boy is going to be a star. As you can see he was immense and was rightly awarded player of the year.

Eirik Henriksen - A solid season from the DC who performed consistently well.

Thomas Bendiksen - A great season from the new signing who really became a fan's favourite. He was top scorer even though he played the entire season wide on the right of midfield, not bad!

Ivar Unjhem - He was my Captain for the season and performed well when fit. He managed to find the net on regular intervals to keep the promotion push on.

Well, having secured promotion the ever predictable move to a new stadium occurred, the originally named Tiller Stadium. Granted it will increase the capacity to 3200 from 700, but at £3.2 million and a massive loan, it is going to hurt. Repayments have started, but the improved league revenue will hopefully offset the added costs.

Aims for next season:

Avoid relegation and retain my best players :cool:

Well unfortunately I underestimated the Romanian League and have been sacked with 1 game to go after being relegated

Recas sack Bowman

League results were never consistent

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

League Tables

In conclusion the 5 relegation spots really punished me as after losing a few games I just couldn't make up the gap, I'll be holidaying another league and starting again in a different nation, like Romania that I have no experience or knowledge of.

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2014 -
Norwegian 2. division, group D

This season was an improvement. But still there is a way to go. I managed to get a few more away wins, but we are still a bit unconsistent.

I am optimistic before the next season, and I really think we should be able to push for promotion next year.

Best player and top scorer:

Economy:

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 30.000 p/w (32.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 90.000 Nkr p/w (0 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 222 (178)

Players in: 20 (15)

Players out: 21 ( 11 )

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9) 
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)

Halfway through season 2 in Hungary and I'm sitting second in the table, one point off the leaders. A great start to the season was followed by a slump in late October, but things picked up again in November. When I win, I seem to destroy the opposition (the 4 game win streak with a combined 21-0 scoreline), but when I lose I'm terrible (a 6-4 loss followed by a 3-0 whipping where I was never involved).

Transfer activity has been very limited because the finances are falling apart. Timofeev had an interesting start to his Diosd career. Whilst I hated the guy for it, I've never seen it before and it's the little things like this that make the game so amazing.

Matveev has been incredible all year - 26 goals in 17 games this season, including 5 hat-tricks, 7 man of the match awards and an average rating over 8. He is way too good for this level, he could easily succeed in the premiership with his ratings. I've got him training on his technique so he hits the ball cleaner, giving him even more goals. :)

Wow, Romania is hard this year. 5 out of 14 teams getting relegated. Likely due to the two 2nd leagues getting merged. Even though I am having a fairly good season so far, I still need to be careful. Tough challenge :p

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2014

This season was an improvement. But still there is a way to go. I managed to get a few more away wins, but we are still a bit unconsistent.

I am optimistic before the next season, and I really think we should be able to push for promotion next year.

Best player and top scorer:

Economy:

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 30.000 p/w (32.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 90.000 Nkr p/w (0 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 222 (178)

Players in: 20 (15)

Players out: 21 ( 11 )

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9) 
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)

Another solid season, slowly creeping up the table each year.:)

Close to end of season update: Finished 7th in first season in Belgian Pro league which included 1-0 victories at home vs Standard Liege and Anderlecht, and now i'm hoping to win a Euro Cup place in the play-offs. Would be an amazing season if I can get europe!

SK Austria Klagenfurt 2022/23

The target this year was Europe and we got off to a decent start in the league hiding behind RB Salzburg and Rapid Wien. After a decent run jut before the winter break we were just 2 points off first place in 3rd but it all went a bit rubbish after the break and we managed to scrape home by goal difference in 3rd place. Meanwhile in the cup we managed a quality 5-2 away win over RB Salzburg (followed by another away win over them the very next match in the league) to set up a final against lower league Innsbruck, so we WON!!

League: 3rd

Squad: Decent

Top scorer: Uros Krapez (Anyone that mostly plays CF in my tactic wins this)

Highest rating: Boban Dvorsak

Top player: Boban Dvorsak and Mateusz Klich

Year    | Division | Position | Cup
-----------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7226765&viewfull=1#post7226765"]2020/21[/url] | First    | 1st      | Qtr Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7242997&viewfull=1#post7242997"]2021/22[/url] | Premier  | 6th      | 3rd Round
2022/23 | Premier  | 3rd      | Winners

SK Austria Klagenfurt 2022/23

The target this year was Europe and we got off to a decent start in the league hiding behind RB Salzburg and Rapid Wien. After a decent run jut before the winter break we were just 2 points off first place in 3rd but it all went a bit rubbish after the break and we managed to scrape home by goal difference in 3rd place. Meanwhile in the cup we managed a quality 5-2 away win over RB Salzburg (followed by another away win over them the very next match in the league) to set up a final against lower league Innsbruck, so we WON!!

League: 3rd

Squad: Decent

Top scorer: Uros Krapez (Anyone that mostly plays CF in my tactic wins this)

Highest rating: Boban Dvorsak

Top player: Boban Dvorsak and Mateusz Klich

Year    | Division | Position | Cup
-----------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7226765&viewfull=1#post7226765"]2020/21[/url] | First    | 1st      | Qtr Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7242997&viewfull=1#post7242997"]2021/22[/url] | Premier  | 6th      | 3rd Round
2022/23 | Premier  | 3rd      | Winners

I guess that means Europe for you. Great work!

I'm sure you can turn things around. I have to say that I think the most difficult part in Norway is to get out of the 2. division.
Yeah I found that on FM11 aswel, took me 5 attempts to escape 2.div. I think I'll be sticking to signing Nordic players only again, I enjoyed using that policy. =)

I've bought a few good players from the Ukraine. Why not give that a shot? Big nation with a reasonable league rep already and plenty of talent kicking around.

I decided to avoid them, Belgium and Holland as the top leagues have a good rep, I'm holidaying Israel just now hopefully the selection restrictions dont hamper me too much

Gundo Sacked!

Gutted in the end, it went down to the last kick in the last game, but it just wasn't to be.:(

Don't really know where to go from here?:confused:

Oh no! That is bad news. Hope you will have another go. Are you thinking about another country perhaps?

ACS Berceni - Season review - 2012/2013

League table

Finished in 4th place. Luckily enough, we didn't go up. We are very inconsistent, and we have a rather young team, so promotion would have been a disaster. Excited to see how the new league structure looks.

Squad ratings

As you can see, our squad played rather badly for a 4th placed team.

Right back Cristian Stan was our best rated player. Expecting a lot from him in the future.

Our loanee Florin Anton was our topscorer. God knows how, but none of my other players managed to score a lot.

We have signed 5 exciting players from Africa, and they have great potential.

Goals for next season:

-Add experience to the squad

-Tighten defence

-Get a 15+ goals striker

Season     Team                 Country    League                          League Finish           Cup          Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   ACS Berceni           Romania    Liga 2 Astra Sport Bets Seria I      4th            3rd round         N/A     

Archived