Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Holiday speed is amazing on this version.

Am waiting for the level7/8 file for England so I can start the game I want to as my home town, but just gave a quick run through in Slovenia for half a season, and it is a difficult as I remember. The gap between Div 3 and Div 2 is huge. The gap between Div 2 and Div 1 even larger. Only 3 non-EU in the match day squad, and only people from Eastern Europe (most of which is non-EU) will come until you've had a couple of seasons in the CL.

Seems this version is harder "down below" and maybe easier in the top flights...if so that makes for some great challenges.

It's actually more fun following a career that is struggling and progressing slowly than a career whizzing up through the leagues. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what to do as my Modum FK save has hit a stumbling block but I do want to continue Gundo's challenge, I think i'll start a save in Belgium or somewhere similar perhaps

I imagine the save is ruined,that's how I would feel after so much work anyway.

Good luck wherever you go. :thup:

It may be as my team is relatively new, made in 2007, but that shouldnt be a problem should it?

No it shouldn't...I honestly don't have a clue what's going on with your save,it all looks ok here in 2014/15.

Only thing I can think of (not sure if it's implemented in the game) is if you have/had extremely bad financials.

IRL the Licensing Board can refuse to give you license to play in the top 2 divisions if your financials are in shambles.There is no license to play in 2nd div so that COULD be it...unless your financials are ok.

IRL Lyn was first relegated from the Premier Div to 2nd div and then went bankrupt and was relegated to the bottom tier,I believe it was 6th division.

Great idea for those who wants to try something else but also want to keep an eye on their original baby. :thup:

I have a small question:When loading players should I select both "Players based in nation" and "Players from nation" or just one of them?

Either or, I have 'players based in nation' in my save.

Hmm my finances were insecure but i'm unsure, i've decided to scrap that save anyway and start in Belgium, hopefully I get more luck there

Joe sorry to here about your troubles, any chance you could start a thread in the Bugs Forum and upload your save game?

It may be as my team is relatively new, made in 2007, but that shouldnt be a problem should it?

And cheers the next save better not mess up!

It looks like it didn'recognize your team, and assumed that Strømsgodset 2 won the league. And when they can't be promoted, chose the third team.

Very frustrating. I am in the same group, second division 4. Will see how it turns out there. But it must be a bug.

Good luck in Belgium, though.

I was going to play the Big Euro League challenge, but lost interest as soon as I saw this thread and one country screamed out to me - Hungary. I couldn't resist the challenge of trying to restore a once great nation to brilliance.

So with that I holidayed through my first year and chose the team with the worst reputation and worst finances - Diosd TC.

dtc.jpg

Club information

First team squad

Finances

My Overview

My profile

I've actually played most of the summer and basically signed an entire new team - my wage budget is a quite healthy £8750 whilst my transfer budget is only £6750, so most of my signings are Hungarians for free.

EDIT: the transfer budget is actually a lot more than that, not sure where I got that figure from. :s I just adjusted the budgets and have £124k for transfers and £6.5k for wages.

As I stated, I've decided to leave Switzerland be. My new home shall be Belgium.

150px-R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

Meet Lionel Aguerre (info) - newly appointed manager of RFC Liége.

1682.jpg

According to wikipedia, they currently do not have a stadium of their own, but play at Stade du Pairay in Seraing (and not in Liége), although in game it appears they have their own stadium of essentially the same name in Liége instead.

Despite the 5 Belgian Championships and single Belgian Cup to their name, RFC Liége are probably best known for being the club responsible for failing to release Jean-Marc Bosman from his contract, resulting in what is today known as the Bosman Ruling.

With a media prediction of 2nd and the board wanting a title challenge, I may have to work hard for this one. Looks like I can't be satisfied with simply avoiding relegation.

Biscotti I saw them available in my game but I didn't want to start too high with too much expected of me.

I've been smashing back the games and lost automatic promotion by losing a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 on the last game of the season (conceding a 78th min winner) although I would have been saved but the team that got promoted, Mouscron-Péruwelz scored a 88th minute equaliser to get the point that got them top spot, so i'm left having to win the promotion play-off which means I have to win a 2-leg quarter final, then a 2-leg semi final then a 2-leg final. -.-

I am starting this in the Netherlands. Holidaying right now. I always liked the Netherlands, and I know it might be the easiest country to do this in, but I want to try it. Last year I failed hard in this country :D

Will update this post, when I find a club.

Edit: Netherlands reset date is July 6th.

Meet Preben Bjørnsen - the new manager of Rijnsburgse Boys.

I have too much spare time, finished season one in Belgium already!

Manager Profile

Club Profile

Season 1

Very disappointed as I was only 2 minutes away from automatic promotion, but I guess it wasn't to be, was at least 8 points behind the top team with for the majority of the season but eventually overtook them on goal difference with one game to go, so in that game all I needed was a win but I let slip a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 and would have won promotion anyway but the top team equalised with 2 minutes to go to grab them automatic promotion and leave me to the play-offs, which I lost 2-1 on aggregate which was a real shame as it means I have to battle it out in the third division for another season.

League Table

Last games of the season: Mine and Promotion Rivals'

Play-offs: First Leg, Second Leg

Transfers As usual with these saves i've signed lots and lots of free transfers and I do have a lot coming for next season when 1st July comes around.

Player Stats - The players overall didn't play amazingly with barely any getting over 7.00 average rating so hopefully next season overall they'll play much better

Next Season:

Next season I hope to gain promotion as I feel despite a very shaky start I deserved promotion and should have been promoted, at one point going over 20 games unbeaten. So next season hopefully i'll be celebrating promotion rather than licking my wounds and with many fresh free transfers on their way on 1st July I don't see why I can't manage it.

Season  -       League       -  Position  -       Finish       -     Cup    -  Top Scorer   -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 -  Third Division B  -    2nd     -  Lost in Play-off  - 4th Round  - Issame Charai -

Just past the halfway point of the first season with Höörs IS and I've hit a bit of an issue. It seems there is a known bug to do with renewing contracts and I can't tie any of my better players to new deals! I'll have to take a break for a bit and hopefully it will be fixed.

Really impressed with how the team is doing. Only really have 3 good players that I'm truly happy with, but we're sitting 3rd in the table and are unbeaten so far! Promotion is unlikely as only one team goes up, but it is a great starting season that I can hopefully build upon.

I am starting this in the Netherlands. Holidaying right now. I always liked the Netherlands, and I know it might be the easiest country to do this in, but I want to try it. Last year I failed hard in this country :D

Will update this post, when I find a club.

Edit: Netherlands reset date is July 6th.

Meet Preben Bjørnsen - the new manager of Rijnsburgse Boys.

Good luck the Netherlands needs another European giant imo :D

Nice skin btw

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2013 -
Norwegian 2. division, group D

Well.

I realize that this will be a marathon, and not a sprint. The team did very well at home, but we were abysmal away. Worst record in the league, and managed or only away win on the last day of the season. It was a great 5-0 win though, and it has given me hope that I have found the key to success outside of our home town of Skien.

Best result this season was a 2-1 win against Strømsgodset 2. It showed that the team can compete with the best on our day. But, no money, lots of poor players and few spectators means it will take a lot to get out of this division.

The takeover finally went through, and now we are runned by a supporters group. In the memo it said that now thousands of Tollnes fans owned the club. I wonder then why none of these show up when we play. But they injected some money into the club and hopefully they will continue to do so.

If we can get to grips with the away form, I think we could challenge for a top half spot next season.

Best player and top scorer:

Economy:

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: 32.000 Nkr p/w (35.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 0 Nkr p/w (150.000 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 178 (182)

Players in: 15 (10)

Players out: 11 ( 0 )

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         | 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9)
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)

Solid season Taunton. I remember on FM11 it got very frustrating trying to gain promotion from 2.divisjon, it will feel as though you've really achieved something when it finally happens.

santaclausx.png

FC Santa Claus 2012 Season Review

Since the team was filled with terrible players, I set about bringing in some new blood, probably too much like I always seem to do. A number of free Finnish players were brought in on trial or signed during preseason. We also had a milestone, near the end of February when an agent offered us our first full international, Alex Msiska, who we gleefully signed. OK, he's a Zambian international willing to sign a part-time contract in Finland, but its something! Over the next few months, our scouting would kick in, with my scouts bringing me reports of three free talented young Norwegians as well as two talented young Finnish strikers (well, they were very fast, and that's all a striker needs to be at this level), who I signed away from their clubs for 50 pounds each. The youngest, Norwegian central defender Oyvind Johansen, instantly became the best player at the club according to our assistant manager.

Transfers

It was an interesting first season for Santa Claus, as after a mediocre start we hovered near the top of the table all season. Heading into the final game of the season, we held a 3 point lead over TPS, a well as being up 5 on goal difference. Of course, our final game was away to, you guessed it, TPS. We had beaten them twice previously, but quite frankly, their players were far better (and better paid) than ours, including former Aston Villa youngster Mika Aaritalo.

TPS attacked from the start, controlling most of the possession. Under siege, and knowing we just needed a draw or close loss, I switched to more defensive tactics, and hoped to catch them on a counter as they pressed. In the third minute of first half injury time, we made a breakthrough, as defender Oyvind Johansen scored off a corner kick by Vegard Bjorkly to give us a 1-0 lead at the half.

Early in the second half, we doubled our lead, as 32 year old Finnish striker Peke Huuhtanen, who only played 9 games all season, scored from another pass by Bjorkly. I was feeling confident until the 53rd minute, when the referee awarded TPS a dubious penalty, which they converted. They then drew level in the 73rd minute on another penalty, and I began wondering if TPS were the Man Utd of Finnish football. However, they couldn't break us down again, and even a 90th minute red card shown to midfielder Kari-Peka Koivunen couldn't take the shine off our performance. We were out shot 12-5, and lost the possession battle 61%-39%, but we got the draw we needed to win the league!

Table

Player Stats

Key Players for next season:

Central defenders Arild Rabben Erichsen (Nor), Oyvind Johansen (Nor)

Midfielders Vegard Bjorkly (Nor), Alex Msiska (Zam)

Strikers Dorian Ujkani (Fin), Hannu Keskitalo (Fin)

All young regens, who will hopefully develop into solid First Division players.

Back soon, as I'm almost finished season 2.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Season[/TD]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Finnish Cup[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012[/TD]

[TD]1st (First Division)

[/TD]

[TD]7th round[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SK Austria Klagenfurt 2021/22

After the promotion I knew I would struggle, theres a lot of proper players in this league. It got off to a terrible start, after 11 matches I hadn't won 1 and had 3 points. Then suddenly I went on a winning streak and then turned a bit rubbish again but that left me in 5th place with only a few games to play just ahead of Sturm Graz. 5th place gets you into europe which seemed impossible at the start of the season.

I had a remarkably similar schedule to Sturm Graz, two rubbish teams, two good team, medium one and then against Sturm Graz. So I promptly lost the first two (so did they LOL!), grabbed a point away at Linz (they lost) I thought I was in for 5th for sure after this. Thrashed by Salzburg 5-2 (they won HOW FFS!), thrashed the St. Pölten 5-2 (so did they), lost to Sturm Graz FAIL!. I don't think it would have mattered anyway as they made it to the Austrian cup final but I now hate Sturm Graz.

League: 6th

Squad: Mediocre

Top scorer: Jonas Warmuth

Highest rating: Thomas Henke

Top player: Joachim Cimander

Year    | Division | Position | Cup
-----------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7226765&viewfull=1#post7226765"]2020/21[/url] | First    | 1st      | Qtr Final
2021/22 | Premier  | 6th      | 3rd Round

Congrats Nightowl personally I would love to see Manchester United vs FC Santa Claus someday in real life, imagine the headlines

newstadiumz.png

Because that won't set my finances back at all...

financesg.png

Looks like i'll be paying the bank off for the next 34 years until 2038.

Oh well I get a nice 6316 capacity stadium soon :D with the imaginative name of FC Charleroi Stadium

Another day, another season done...

I did what was asked of me, got promotion but once again I left it late, and was in exactly the same situation as a year before on the last game of the season, having to play the same team last believe it or not. I took a 2-0 lead then conceded to make it 2-1, and with me needing a win I thought lightning could have struck twice but my team saw it through to win 3-1. I started out very well and stayed consistent throughout the season except for after the winter break I went on a horrible run but managed to (just) pick it up for the end of the season where I scraped the league title on Games Won. I also had a minor cup run where I got to the last 32 before being knocked out 3-0 by Pro League side Antwerp.

Next season I hope to keep myself up because relegation would be terrible after the hard work me and my players have put in to get to the Second Division. Hopefully I can push on and firmly put myself in the division and the (very) optimistic side of me has me thinking of a push for the play-offs and possibly back to back promotions (although this is very unlikely), although it could be helped by signings such as this one, released by PSG and snapped up for free by me in the off-season, looks like he could dominate Belgian football for me (hopefully): Player Profile, Coach Report

Season  |       League       |  Position  |       Finish       |     Cup    |   Top Scorer    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 |  Third Division B  |    2nd     |  Lost in Play-off  | 5th Round  |  Issame Charai  
2013/14 |  Third Division B  |    1st     |     Promoted       | 6th Round  | Anthony Lorezon 

Slowly working towards the end of the season with Cherry Orchard, and my promotion hopes are hanging by a thread. 10 games to go and I'm 6th, 10 points off leaders Cork and 9 off Limerick in 2nd place (with a game in hand.) Not impossible, but unlikely the way the team is playing. Losing to Swilly Rovers and Bangor Celtic isn't promotion quality. Looking forward to the Challenge Cup QF though, beat Premier League Dundalk in the third round to much applause. I'm also being touted as the next manager of St. Pats and Shamrock Rovers. Unlikely.

Had my first youth candidate update, nice addition to the game. The AM wanted to sign all 15 or so players to youth contracts, but I think its best to cut some immediately. I don't need four new 1-star midfielders.

Diosd TC mid-season review

Table | Squad | Transfers 1 | Transfers 2 | Fixtures

Just reached the New Year break in Hungary, which lasts for a rather depressing 3 months (no football in December, January or February). The season started well, with 3 wins and no goals conceded. Since then, it's been very up and down. There have been very few standout performers so far, but a notable mention has to go to Roland Ugrai, my one striker who can score goals; Attila Csaszar, who keeps popping up at corners with headed goals and Zoltan Varga, who's knocked in a few long range beauties.

Promotion is off the cards with a 16 point deficit to the leader (and only one team going up), but I'm 15 points above the drop so I should be safe. Looks to be a season of mid-table obscurity, which will hopefully help to increase the reputation of the club and get some fans in. I'm currently running at 30% attendance (612 fans), which incredibly puts me 3rd in the league in terms of percentage attendance (5th in actual numbers). Depressingly, I make more in a month from fundraising then match day income though. :(

I'm playing a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-1-3-2 depending on the opposition, because I had great fun and success with the shape on FM11. My recent struggles might be linked to a switch to the more defensive 4-1-3-2, so I think I'll be back on the attack in March. My defence is the 4th best, but my strikers are hopeless. I've scored 22 goals, of which only 12 are from my strikers. I'm desperate for some speed up front but there's nothing out there to buy. I'm limited to 3 foreigners and the countries that count as non-foreign are bizarre (i.e. Africa, the Caribbean and some of eastern Europe).

The finances are starting to look a little wobbly, I'm £142k in the red and losing £20k a month. And that's with almost no transfer fees and a wage bill less than £4.5k a week (well below the budget). Does anyone know where the option to ask the board for a fan/supporter day thingy is? I want to attract people to see their newly successful team doing well...

Plans for the second half of the season:

Find a striker that can score

Secure safety

Oh, and one minor gripe - Diosd have a blue badge in game and it shows that their home kit is a blue shirt, yet every game I'm wearing either all white or all black. I thought it was a bit odd, so I downloaded the editor and had a look at their kit, and they've not been allocated one in the editor. I've played a couple of other teams as well and the kit choices have been monochrome. It's just a little weird that the club info screen would show a blue shirt if one isn't allocated in the editor. I also prefer my teams to wear a bit of colour, and it gets a bit tiring if half the teams wear black or white. :(

Oh, and one minor gripe - Diosd have a blue badge in game and it shows that their home kit is a blue shirt, yet every game I'm wearing either all white or all black. I thought it was a bit odd, so I downloaded the editor and had a look at their kit, and they've not been allocated one in the editor. I've played a couple of other teams as well and the kit choices have been monochrome. It's just a little weird that the club info screen would show a blue shirt if one isn't allocated in the editor. I also prefer my teams to wear a bit of colour, and it gets a bit tiring if half the teams wear black or white. :(

My team play in green, camouflage same colour as the pitch :D

Quick update: Thanks to some great scouting i've managed to find and sign some great young players, who can potentially be some of the best players in the Pro League, and at the moment with an average age of 21 with five games to go i'm 6 points behind top place in 5th one spot outside the playoffs, but tied on points with 4th and 3rd and 1 point behind 2nd, so at least the playoffs seem like a very good possibility for my team which are predicted 18th (out of 18 teams) and are experiencing their first season in the Second division :)

Smashed back another season, I just can't seem to stop playing FM

badgen.jpg

promotedagain.png

Season Summary:

Well, theres not much more that I can say about this season apart from the fact that it was absolutely brilliant. I was predicted last and after the first 5 games where I picked up one point I was fearing relegation but I made several quality youth signings (thanks to my brilliant scouts) and changed to 4-5-1 and played a little more conservatively than I had been, and since then i've barely slipped up and powered my way to the top of the table, narrowly missing out on automatic promoted and winning in the play-offs. So next season i'll be facing up against Belgian giants such as Standard, Anderlecht and Club Brugge :D

Star Players:

My attacking trio, got the majority of my goals and played brilliantly even though they're all Under 22.

Abdallah Yaisien, Job Kerkhof, Lorenzo Camurrio. However, there are lots more players that could be mentioned and the majority of them are quality newgens that i've signed for free over the course of the season.

Next Season:

I really don't know what to expect from next season, it could go either way as i'm unsure what my young squad are capable of at the moment so I could do great or I could be relegated, but my expectations are to still be in the Pro League after next season and survive, then build on that for future seasons.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |          Finish          |      Cup    |   Top Scorer    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 |  Third Division B  |    2nd     |     Lost in Play-off     |  5th Round  |  Issame Charai  
2013/14 |  Third Division B  |    1st     |        Promoted          |  6th Round  | Anthony Lorezon 
2014/15 |  Second Division   |    3rd     |   Promoted in Play-offs  |  4th Round  | Abdallah Yaisien

I've also been granted professional status (finally) so I can make the most of my youth players potential in training and also attract better players, my board have let me scout the whole of Europe not just Central Europe and i've been given £95K transfer budget - I didn't even know that much money existed in Belgium! :p

After my last start got lost, I am trying once again. This time in Romania. Meet the new manager of ACS Berceni.

This is their first ever time in the 2nd league of Romania.

The club is located in Berceni, a town in southeast Romania. It has roughly 4000 inhabitants. The play at the Stadionul Berceni, which can hold a crowd of 2600.

Cherry Orchard - Irish first division - Season Report 2012

5th in the league, 5 points off winners Mervue Utd. I'm pretty sure we'd have won it if striker Robbie Murray hadn't been sidelined for 2 months with a torn groin muscle. We dropped from 2nd and gaining to 7th and dropping while he was gone, then returned to 5th when he came back for the last five games. I had a large squad for this season which was good, 50-ish games is demanding in many ways. 13K in prize money, 25K in player bonuses. Oh well...

Cups: Out in the first round of the league cup. Quarter finals of the Challenge cup, beating Dundalk on the way there. Above expectations.

Youth: Second in the league which is very very good. The youth squad has some talent and quite a few of them got senior appearances throughout the season.

Key players

Alan Cawley - AMC®, Vital as the support man, First Division player of the year and 28 assists with a 7.40 avg says it all. The former Leeds trainee will be vital next year even if he's aging a bit. His set pieces alone earn him a place in the side..

Robbie Murray - FC, started as a support striker but moved up front when none of the other strikers worked out. 19 goals in 28 is decent enough and miles better than anyone else. When he's not playing, we struggle to score.

Keith McLoughlin - DR, Captain and Grim Reaper. 6.70 tackles pr game and NINETEEN yellow cards (but no reds)

Daragh McNamara - AML© - 22 yo signed from Drogheda on a free and started the season on the bench. Fought his way into the first eleven with some huge performances, but tend to disappear in some games.

Next Season is promotion or bust. We're leaking money to the tune of 20K a month, wage budget is lower for 2013 and I just can't take a third year playing Salthill four times a season. Looking forward to trying out some of the new youth players, especially local lad Jim Sheridan who looks like something special, and might be the answer when Robbie Murray goes away injured again. I've also picked up some Czech U19s (took them on trial first) that looked good when given the chance at the end of the season.

PS! Screenshots might or might not show up sometime depending on whether they feel like uploading.

Ok I'm in for this challenge, decided to go with Romania, and in particular ACS Recas

One downside is that in my league of 14 teams 5 will be relegated so I'll need results to work early for me

Manager Profile

Club History

The Board have given me a transfer fund of £8K, with a wage budget of £10k a week, currently only spending £1.5k a week so should be able to attract players

Will crack on with trying to strengthen the team and avoid relegation.

Updates to follow

Ok I'm in for this challenge, decided to go with Romania, and in particular ACS Recas

One downside is that in my league of 14 teams 5 will be relegated so I'll need results to work early for me

Manager Profile

Club History

The Board have given me a transfer fund of £8K, with a wage budget of £10k a week, currently only spending £1.5k a week so should be able to attract players

Will crack on with trying to strengthen the team and avoid relegation.

Updates to follow

Good luck in Romania. It's a very fun country to play in

Cheers, i'm through about a third of the season but cant get consistency from the team so looks like i'm going to be in a relegation battle all season

Me as well. Finances are very bad, and my team is about equal to the other relegation candidates, so I will need some luck to stay up

sola.png

Gundo - Sola FK - Season Review 2012

2.divisjon Final Positon.

Finally managed to get through my first season at Sola. In previous FM's I've tended to do this challenge with Stavanger based clubs, but this year this is slightly different. Sola is a small municipality in the Rogaland region, just outside Stavanger with a population of about 23,000. The media predication was 13th of 14 and Survival was my sole priority.

Found my first season at the 2,500 capacity Sola Stadium to be hugely difficult, struggled from day one and found it impossible to attract decent players to the club. In the end it was only a mid-season spell of good form that saved us after a poor start and an even worse finish to the campaign!

Stand-out best player was Wilhelm Pepa and this guy single handedly kept us up in the end.

Average attendance: 331

Next season: Survival and add a couple of better players to the squad.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |          Finish          |      Cup    |   Top Scorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    10th    |            -             |  1st Round  |  Wilhelm Pepa (11)  

Archived