Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

I have a suggestion to include in the game setup instructions.

An alternative way to see what teams have been promoted to the bottom playable league is to check the nation overview screen and check the promoted teams to the bottom division.

Nice suggestion, seems a much simpler way to see which clubs have been promoted. I will look to add to the opening guidelines for the fm13 version of this challenge.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IL_Brodd.gif

XaW - IL Brodd - 2015 - Tippeligaen

Table | Past Positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Before the season started I was pretty sure we were going to be relegated since we still are semi-professionals in a league of professional teams. Turns out, I was wrong. We played pretty much as well or better than most teams, but our achilles heel was the condition of our players. I frequently had to start with player who were far from fit, but all in all the players have been tremendous throughout the whole season. We started well enough, but hit a couple of slumps in form evident of our past positions. In the end, though, we managed to hang on to the top and finish in an amazing 3rd place. This means we are going into Europe next season. I've tried asking the board several times this season to go professional, but they still claim we don't have the finances to do it. Still, with over a million pounds in the bank we should consider it. The board have decided to expand our stadium again this winter to get 750 more seats. They also agreed to improve our youth facilities, but they will not be finished by the 2017 season. In other news, Stabæk have had a takeover by a consortium who claims the will invest heavy into the club. They haven't done anything yet, but it's gonna be interesting to see what they are planning.

In the Norwegian Cup we managed to beat Kopervik, Rosseland, Ørn Horten and Brann on our way to the quarter finals were we were up against Vålerenga. We almost did it, but lost 4-3 in the end.

Our starting 11 this season:

GK: Muralha - Solid season, but concedes a couple of goals he shouldn't.

DR: Olav Fretland - One of our weak spots. Considering swapping him out before next season.

DC: Felipe Montes - Mr. Consistency. Never a bad game, but not many outstanding performances either.

DC: Steinar Strømnes - Great season. Kept our defense together.

DL: Raul Tisza - Our best defender. Ran up and down his side all season long.

MR: Joseph Ngalle - Goes from very good to very poor. Still popped up and scored some crucial goals to secure a couple of wins.

MC: Federico Arduini - The defensive motor in the midfield. Did his job great and even assisted some goals

MC: Ólafur Frímannsson - The playmaker of our team. Struggled a bit at first, but gained momentum towards the end of the season.

ML: Marek Svec - Not a traditional winger, but essential to the team. A very good season.

SC: Olivier Mbemba - Our top scorer this season, but I was hoping for more goals from him.

SC: Igor Tadejevic - Came in halfway through the season to replace our aging striker Thomas Andersen and delivered in style!

We've also gotten a couple of interesting youngsters through our own ranks. Two of them have already gotten matches and I'm very excited for them. Atle Tveit (YP1) came trough last season, but were forced into the squad this season because of our lack of right wingers. Did well enough, but I'm unsure if he have what it takes. Just before the season ended we got our new youth intake and two players excite me. Most of all Rune Hole (YP2). He also got a couple of matches as most of our strikers were out injured. He didn't have a huge impact, but I have high hopes for him. Our other talent is Runar Sand (YP3). I'm not sure of him either, but he was the best of the rest.

Financially we quite solid now. We are making loads of money since we aren't going professional yet. Gonna keep pestering the board about that.

My hopes for the next season is a midt table placement and enjoy our stint in Europe. Also, become professional!

Season     Division    Position     Cup    Top scorer          Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012    2nd Div Grp 2      6th        1st rnd    Røsten Håkon(14)      Mid table
2013    2nd Div Grp 3      1st        2nd rnd    Thomas Andersen(26)   Promotion
2014    Adeccoligaen      1st        Semis    Thomas Andersen(29)   Promotion
2015    Tippeligaen      3rd        Quarter    Olivier Mbemba(13)    Qualified for Europa League

Great season. That is some achievement. Hope you can build on this, and that the european football will provide you with more cash in the kitty.

Interesting to see that you get some good youth players. I have played nearly 30 seasons with Tollnes, and never produced any good youth players. They are always half or one star maximum. This is what I hope will be better in my next challenge, because it is always nice to have players coming through the ranks who could perform for the first team.

Good luck in your second Tippeliga season.

The Emergence of Wales: Rhyl

Been doing this challenge every year or two but never bothered every finishing, so to keep me occupied before the FM13 comes out i decided to try finish this challenge for once. I decided upon Wales because of their crap reputation and that I have had fun here before with Goytre. Club I choose to manage was Rhyl, who have been previously successful but are now currently enduring a barren spell. So hopefully I can bring the ultimate glory of the champions league to them.

First season in change

My first season in charge was a tough one with many new faces coming in are you can see below. After a nervy start we started gelling together and we managed to win the league and the Welsh cup though our final points tally flatters us a bit imo. So we qualified for the second stage of the Champions league qualifying. TNS are the only team to give me a challenge at all. and also professional club neath got relegated surprisingly enough

http://s219.beta.photobucket.com/user/incubusking/media/FirstseasonWales_zpse940c80b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Second season

Our first season in europe was a lesson for me in how far away we are from succeeding in Europe we drew APOEL of cyprus, we were outlcassed completely in the two games. but at least we got money for the experience which I convinced the board to improve our youth and training facilities. Domestically it was more of the same with us dominating and TNS only keeping up with us. Didnt do a double this year but think I am starting to build a decent team but it is going to be a long process. Will need a bit of luck and hopefully draw a nice team next season in Europe.

http://s219.beta.photobucket.com/user/incubusking/media/Secondseason_zps88272404.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Hopes for the next season

Dominate the League again and try to win a few of the domestic cups and try get to the third stage in Europe.

Great season. That is some achievement. Hope you can build on this, and that the european football will provide you with more cash in the kitty.

Interesting to see that you get some good youth players. I have played nearly 30 seasons with Tollnes, and never produced any good youth players. They are always half or one star maximum. This is what I hope will be better in my next challenge, because it is always nice to have players coming through the ranks who could perform for the first team.

Good luck in your second Tippeliga season.

Thanks, was kinda amazed by how well we did. More than half way through the next season now, and I'm struggling much more this season. Right now all I can hope for is mid-table as the defense is leaking horribly.

I'm very happy with the youth players, but I'm very annoyed the board aren't making us professionals. Got almost £2M in the bank, but the option to ask for professional status is still "grayed out" and the tool tip is "The club cannot afford it". A club that comes 3rd in Tippeligaen would never be semi-pros.... This also stops our players from developing further and don't let me use my great full time training schedules. :mad:

IL_Brodd.gif

XaW - IL Brodd - 201 - Tippeligaen

I had high hopes this season and we started out pretty good. One thing I had forgotten this season was the fact that you can only register 11 non-Norwegians for matches! I had way more than 11, så I needed to get rid of a couple. After doing that I realized that my squad was lacking dept in defense so I needed to do some work there. Our main problem was our right back, and I couldn't find much good Norwegian right backs. After sending my scouts all around Norway I finally found one. He was expensive, but worth it. After clearing up those mistakes we became much better and started winning again. In the end we managed to climb up to 3rd. The same spot as last year, but I'm still happy with my squads performance. My board surprised me this season as they set up a deal with Utrecht from Holland. We get some cash and load deals. We are finally going professional during this off-season, so I have high hopes for next season.

In the Norwegian Cup we managed to beat Elverum, Haugesund, Kongsvinger and Lillestrøm on our way to the final. Our opponent was Stabæk. We beat them a couple of weeks before the final, but it turned out both teams wanted to win. In the end we managed to get the final goal to win 4-3.

We also had our first stint at Europe this season. We started in the 4th qualification round, så that meant only one obstacle to get to the group stage. Unfortunately, that obstacle was Napoli! We did two great games and managed to beat them! We got a hard group with Feyenoord, Trabzonspor and Lille. In the end we managed 2 points and rock bottom. But still a great experience. Also brought quite a bit of cash to the coffers.

GK: Muralha - Better season than last. Still gets better and better.

DR: Jørund Jakobsen - Costly, but necessary. Great start for his career at Brodd.

DC: Felipe Montes - Still Mr. Consistency. Never a bad game, but not many outstanding performances either.

DC: Steinar Strømnes - Not as solid as last season, but still good.

DL: Raul Tisza - Another great season from our best defender.

MR: Edward Schuurman - On loan from Utrecht, contributed from his place on the wing.

MC: Marek Svec - Moved in central this season and ran the show as our playmaker.

MC: Federico Arduini - Very varied season. Goes from great to mediocre and back again.

ML: Michal Tobias - Great player and gets good ratings, but I want more goals and assists from him.

SC: Olivier Mbemba - A solid season goalwise, but injuries stopped him from getting more.

SC: Igor Tadejevic - Another great season from our big Croat up top.

No good youngster this season, unfortunately.

Financially we great. We just spent about £4M on our youth and training facilities. They will be finished half way into next season. And we are also going professional next season, so it's gonna be interesting to see how that effect us.

My hopes for the next season is to keep up the good places in the league and qualify for more European games.

Season	 Division	Position     Cup	Top scorer	      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	2nd Div Grp 2	  6th	    1st rnd	Røsten Håkon(14)      Mid table
2013	2nd Div Grp 3	  1st	    2nd rnd	Thomas Andersen(26)   Promotion
2014	Adeccoligaen	  1st	    Semis	Thomas Andersen(29)   Promotion
2015	Tippeligaen	  3rd	    Quarter	Olivier Mbemba(13)    Qualified for Europa League
2016	Tippeligaen	  3rd	    Winner	Igor Tadejevic(21)    Qualified for Europa League, Cup winner

Edit: Forgot everything about Europe. Added now.... :o

Wow, just wow!And it gets even better!Really though we were out there, but Røsten Håkon, who has been with us since my first season in charge, showed a bit of magic in extra time!Don't think we'll get any further, but the cash should come in handy!Edit: FINALLY!
Excellent!! And Røsten Håkon, What a player. He is my new favourite!

Excellent!! And Røsten Håkon, What a player. He is my new favourite!

Mine as well! Gave him a new contract now. His stats is mediocre, but he delivers at every turn! Great to give a match or two if my team stops scoring!

Mine as well! Gave him a new contract now. His stats is mediocre, but he delivers at every turn! Great to give a match or two if my team stops scoring!

I always like those kind of players. Who keeps defying the odds, and deliver even though their stats are miserable. Makes you more connected to the player and the team, and underline that football is about more than statistics.

Apologies in advance for the long post, i'll try and keep future ones to 3/4 monthly, especially now i've found out the new Photobucket setup is a pain in the arse :mad:

Having seen a few people do Norway and having never managed this low there before I thought i'd give it a try too.

The promotion itself was unexpected, there seemed to be little difference between most teams in the division, especially the top 5 who all went in to the final day of the season with a chance of winning the league. I can't say I was actually pleased with the performances in most games, especially with the forwards who missed god knows how many chances, but I am glad to get out of that awful division at the first attempt simply so I can get a few better players in. My scouting range is limited to Scandinavia and all bar one of the squad is Norwegian.

The youth intake was poor, but Sander Sund came through with good reports and looks like he could do a job for a year or 2. I did finish the season only £12k in the red which considering we had the 3rd highest wage bill was pretty impressive, that was helped largely to the fact our 645 average attendance was the 2nd highest in the division. Unfortunately our healthy(ish) balance went out of the window when this message about the undersoil heating came through :(

I'm still in the process of signing new players so will update on that later.

Another familiar name, its great Stavanger based clubs have become so popular.:cool:

Congrats with promotion Dexter, first season aswel! Really good going.:thup:

Well done XaW, you have made great prgress too, certainly faster than I could ever get to the Tippeligaen.:thup:

qna4up.jpg

Stavanger IF 2013 Transfers

This lot were offered by agents, so screenshots taken when on trail. Iovanescu is the standout, everyone else does seem a big upgrade on what I had

Carlos Bruno Brought in to play on the right, I didn't have any type of natural right sided midfielder last year, so this will give me balence if nothing else, I could do with an extra body here but my target won't lower his wage demands yet.

Kusnetsov I'll be using him most as a striker, we lacked here badly at times last year and probably would have won the title a lot easier with any kind of improvement on last year's pairing.

Mrazek More for the future cover, but looks like a decent prospect for this level.

Iovanescu Looks like a player who can tear this division apart, i'll have a job to keep hold of him for too long I think but for the time being I just hope he provides the crosses we're going to need to stay in the division.

Scandinavians

Almen Will be the first choice from the start, I spent all last year trying to get anyone even slightly better than Rogenes and thankfully I do now.

Arneberg Brought in for cover more than anything.

Grini Probably the best CM/DM at the club now, not perfect but again an upgrade

Ness Again nothing special but an upgrade which is all I can ask for at the minute in most positions

Skage One of the better Scandinavians brought in, room to improve too.

Rotterud Bought with the future mind but he's probably going to see quite a bit of playing time in the AMC position and backup to Kusnetsov.

My aim for this year is survival, I think i'm lacking in CB, DM and LB in particular and even though Almen is an improvement i'm not convinced he's anywhere near a keeper good enough for this level yet. I'll have a better idea about 10 games in though if there is any major changes needed. Pre season wasn't too good but that is partly my fault for letting the assistant handle everything to do with the friendlies (and he probably had us play too many as well) due to spending an age scouting :D

Cheers Gundo, I thought i'd get one last crack of the challenge in before FM13, I know i've left it a bit late but I was at a loss on what team to be so coming back to this challenge usually ends up being the most fun option :cool:

We failed to make the group stage of the Europa League this year, going down 3-0 to Villareal on aggregate in the fourth qualifying round. Harsh scoreline I felt, both ties were fairly even but it came down to which side was the more clinical, and it wasn't us.

Putting a positive spin on it though, it will allow us to concentrate fully on the league, whilst Maribor have the CL group stage to deal with. Here's hoping we can close that gap!

Dexter_Morgan: Great season. Good luck in Adeccoligaen! Sander Sund looks really promising!

Gundo: Thanks! Kinda surprised of how quickly I got up to Tippeligaen! Hopefully I can challenge for a league win within a couple of seasons.

johnnyquest409: Tough break in Europe, but hopefully you will be able to challenge Maribor! You deserve a league win!

Cheers XaW, He seems a bit injury prone but i'm hoping to give him playing time even for 20 minutes whenever possible.

Whilst you're online a quick question for you or anyone else who knows the rules in Norway regarding registration, I have this lad on trail and he'd obviously be a big boost to the squad, but it says the next transfer window isn't until 1st August, obviously I want him, but if sign would he be eligible as a free agent, or would he just join on the 1st? What I don't want at the minute unless I have to is be paying £250 a week out for nearly 2 months until he can play because of being £900k in the red :D (if he's able to play then i'd happily pay it)

I have kind of got the finances under control to an extent at the minute as we make about £15k a month thanks to home gates around the 2,000 mark and if we stay in the division I should have nearly £300k more knocked off by November.

Cheers XaW, He seems a bit injury prone but i'm hoping to give him playing time even for 20 minutes whenever possible.

Whilst you're online a quick question for you or anyone else who knows the rules in Norway regarding registration, I have this lad on trail and he'd obviously be a big boost to the squad, but it says the next transfer window isn't until 1st August, obviously I want him, but if sign would he be eligible as a free agent, or would he just join on the 1st? What I don't want at the minute unless I have to is be paying £250 a week out for nearly 2 months until he can play because of being £900k in the red :D (if he's able to play then i'd happily pay it)

I have kind of got the finances under control to an extent at the minute as we make about £15k a month thanks to home gates around the 2,000 mark and if we stay in the division I should have nearly £300k more knocked off by November.

I think you can sign free agent whenever. I belive I've done it a couple of times.

There's one thing you should think of though (which I didn't); You can only register a total of 11 non-Norwegians for matches in the league, but there's a workaround. If they have been in your club 3 years before the turn 21 they are considered home-grown and don't count towards the 11! Now I mostly sign 16-18 year old foreign players.

I think you can sign free agent whenever. I belive I've done it a couple of times.

There's one thing you should think of though (which I didn't); You can only register a total of 11 non-Norwegians for matches in the league, but there's a workaround. If they have been in your club 3 years before the turn 21 they are considered home-grown and don't count towards the 11! Now I mostly sign 16-18 year old foreign players.

I took the risk as I ended up short on numbers :D and found out you can register them. I'm ok for the non Norwegian rule at the minute as I have 5 or 6 spaces left. Cheers for reminding me about the u21's.

Might get a fans' trust takover. Should be good, as I'm currently a legend at the club.

But how 'bout this? Insane...

At least if it goes through you've had the advantage of a few years in Europe, also the amount of times i've seen poor teams taken over like that under the AI and it's gone tits up shouldn't guarantee success.

Horrible flashbacks to 'Tycoon Brann' in my save after seeing that last screenie.:rolleyes:

How many pages back was this Gundo? Wouldn't mind seeing how you fared against it as I have mostly been in the career forum the past few months and must have missed it.

At least if it goes through you've had the advantage of a few years in Europe, also the amount of times i've seen poor teams taken over like that under the AI and it's gone tits up shouldn't guarantee success.

Yeah, I've seen some clubs fail miserably with much cash. It's gonna be interesting either way.

Hope it's not on the same scale, but if you wanted a challenge; you got it. :p

I don't think much happens before the end of this season, but it's going to be interesting to see what they do before next season starts.

qna4up.jpg

Stavanger IF 2013 Halfway report

Fixtures

Table

Squad Overview

I'm pretty happy with the start to the season, 10 more points and we should be safe which is still my main priority even with my position at the minute as i've yet to have any injury crisis' that were unmanageable (the wings being the important one) Iovanescu has been a breath of fresh air on the left, last season our attacking play was poor and though we still miss chances he is at least creating a fair few and would have more assists to his name with a better target to aim for.

The board injected £400k towards our running costs which could turn out to be a huge boost come the end of the year because as I said earlier we are getting reasonable crowds which is giving us a slight profit. There has been interest in a few players but i've put £500k prices on their head for now, just to get me through the season as nobody is unhappy and i'm struggling to find anyone who can improve us at the minute.

Going to try and get to game 20 tonight as I have a week off and with my plans being changed I have time to hammer this for the week :D

Dexter_Morgan: Wow, good going so far. Looks like you might achieve back-to-back promotions! I found Adeccoligaen surprisingly similar to 2nd division in terms of skill. There's always a team or two who are better than the rest, usually the ones who got relegated from Tippeligaen the previous season, but most teams aren't much better than you if you got a reasonable squad after promtion from 2nd division.

I see you are playing Sander Sund and it looks like he's playing well. A future SIF-legend in the making?

Hi, Now that every nation has been 'completed' in the Big Euro Nation Challenge, I may give this challenge a go in the new game.

How many nations have been completed in this challenge? How many completions have there been in total?

Maybe it's a bit shallow to want to 'be the first', and I will endeavour to read this thread to get an idea of which countries may be most interesting, but if Gundo or anybody else has the info at their fingertips it would be great to know.

euoq3n.gif

Stavanger IF 2013 End Of Season Report

Fixtures

Table

Graph (Included is Honefoss' positions to show just how remarkable the last few games were)

Squad Overview

Ivonescu

Sund

Finances

I don't know how Honefoss threw that lead away at the end but if ever we were in need of some luck to redress the balance over the season then it couldn't have happened at a better time. In the home game verses them we battered them with 60+% of the ball yet they scored their only shot on target late on, the following game against Lillestrom we had also lead for a long time but having 3 games in a week tired us and the scored twice in the last 5 minutes to put our chances of promotion in doubt.

There's another slight expansion i'm not quite sure what this does in terms of increasing the capacity, I have a feeling it will be getting rid of the last 500 of so standing places and maybe a few hundred extra, i'll report on that when the work is done if there is a big change.

Currently having a big scout for homebased players. As it stands I can't get the range upgraded, hopefully the board will take it upon themselves to allow it in a few feeks when the season is closer and with not a youth player of note in this years intake I certainly need stonger players in the full back areas at least because their fitness in the last 30 minutes of games is a joke :D

Dexter_Morgan: Wow, good going so far. Looks like you might achieve back-to-back promotions! I found Adeccoligaen surprisingly similar to 2nd division in terms of skill. There's always a team or two who are better than the rest, usually the ones who got relegated from Tippeligaen the previous season, but most teams aren't much better than you if you got a reasonable squad after promtion from 2nd division.

I see you are playing Sander Sund and it looks like he's playing well. A future SIF-legend in the making?

Cheers XaW, I think you were right about the terms of equalness between most teams, Lillestrom and Honefoss were the standout teams, they should have been miles ahead of the pack really looking at their squads.

Sund struggled a bit in the 2nd half of the season I felt, he still has a long way to grow and obviously he's still young but i'll still try and give him a good amount of playing time next season just to make sure he doesn't stall in his development.

A quick question, I notice you post your screenshots via steamcloud, I have never used it as I play in offline mode, is it easy to use as with my not liking this new photobucket layout i've turned to imageshack but typing a captcha on every picture is getting on my nerves now ;mad: so if steamcloud works in windowed mode then I'll turn to online and save the effort of this messing about :D

Hi, Now that every nation has been 'completed' in the Big Euro Nation Challenge, I may give this challenge a go in the new game.

How many nations have been completed in this challenge? How many completions have there been in total?

Maybe it's a bit shallow to want to 'be the first', and I will endeavour to read this thread to get an idea of which countries may be most interesting, but if Gundo or anybody else has the info at their fingertips it would be great to know.

Welcome. Afraid I don't keep record of whose completed what anymore, due to limited time unfortunately.

A quick question, I notice you post your screenshots via steamcloud, I have never used it as I play in offline mode, is it easy to use as with my not liking this new photobucket layout i've turned to imageshack but typing a captcha on every picture is getting on my nerves now ;mad: so if steamcloud works in windowed mode then I'll turn to online and save the effort of this messing about :D

I use it in fullscreen so I can't comment on windowed mode. But I find steamcloud very easy to use. Just press F12 ingame at any time to save a screen shot, then SHIFT+TAB to open the steam overlay and press screenshot. With a couple of mouseclicks you have your screenshot uploaded. Right click and copy URL then you're done. My comp is connected to my home wifi all the time anyway, so I have no problem with steam online.

Brilliant, took a few goes (found out I set enter to take screenshots) but got it now. Thanks XaW.

I'd already done this seasons transfers with tinypic, but the rest will be with that. It is so much easier :cool:

Kristiansen A big relief to get a better keeper, he was my 3rd choice target admittedly but should do a decent job.

Endal Not only the best CB at the club (just ahead of Mrazek) at such a young age, he's got a star and half to go, it looks like I have a gem with this lad.

Doumbia First choice RB, hopefully his stamina is better than previous right backs.

Bargougi same as Doumbia on the left only this lad seems a better player.

Wilberg Versiltile little player can play all down the left, will provide some good cover and maybe push for the first team in future years.

Flavio Signed for cover up front really in case Kusnetsov needs to move out on the right or if he needs a rest. This lad took up my last non Norwegian spot so i'm going to have to be careful with my signings from now but obviously with the boost in level I had to take anyone who was better than players already in the squad.

Yverdon-Sports FC - Swiss challenge League 2013/14

After spending just a few years on holiday, I was given the chance to make my managerial debut at local club Yverdon-Sports FC. the board wanted me to stay up the first season and try reduce the wage bill.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It took a while for things to improve, but once my new signings got used to each other the team starting playing well and we ended up avoiding relegation.

Schweizer Cup - we did well to reach the guatrs but lost there.

Squad - the squad is pretty good for this league now but it has taken all year to get it this way.

Transfers - there was a major buy of players to try get team better.

Key Player Profiles

Digão - a solid experienced player at the back.

Guti - was shocked that i could get him like he was briliant.

Gurami Enukidze - Our top goalscorer was class.

Vilson Doda- our second striker.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      Holiday 
2012/13     Holiday
2013/14    Yverdon-Sports FC          SWI  Challenge League     5th              None

Next Season

this season was bout rebuilding the team and trying to find right formation, so next will be bout setting new foundation for better players to come in and do decent job.

IL_Brodd.gif

XaW - IL Brodd - 2017 - Tippeligaen

The season started our very slowly, but we soon started winning. I'm unhappy with all the losses we had this season, but we managed to turn the draws from the last seasons into win. This lead us to finally winning the title! We got it with 3 matches remaining. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that we became professional during pre-season and allowing our players to go full time. We had to revamp the squad quite a bit this season as we got rid of most of the players that have been with us some years (Don't worry, Taunton, I've kept Røsten Håkon! :D). We had to spend some money as I try to get most of the best young Norwegian players so they can become home-grown after some years. I'm excited to play in Champions League next season and we are even going straight to the group stage since Norwegian clubs have done well the last few years.

In the Norwegian Cup we managed to beat Moss, Herkules, Ranheim, Bryne, Odd and Lillestrøm to progress all the way to final. I was hoping to do the double, but first I had to beat Strømsgodset. After 90 minutes we were tied 1-1 and we needed extra time. They managed to get the winning goal to beat us 2-1.

We were in the Europa League for the second season in a row and once again we started in the 4th qualification round. This time we drew another tough opponent in Wolfsburg. The first tie was at home, and we did magnificently as we managed to win 2-0 and dominating them! In the second tie we went out a bit more defensively, but scrapped in another win to go into the group stage. We got a tough group containing Tottenham, Athletic Bilbao and Levski. We did our best and managed 3 wins to get the second place! The highlight our 3-2 win over Tottenham! During our pre-season we are going to go up against Bordeaux in the first knockout round!

GK: Muralha - A very good season from our last line of defense.

DR: Jørund Jakobsen - Solid season. He is a defender, and don't contribute much more up the field.

DC: Felipe Montes - Still Mr. Consistency, as always.

DC: Steinar Strømnes - Good enough, but getting older. Got a few youngster who might challenge him soon.

DL: Raul Tisza - Another great season from our best defender.

MR: Halil Altintop - Our veteran alibi. An ok season, but I have a better player ready for next season.

MC: Marek Svec - Very up and down, I'm hoping for a more consistent season next year,

MC: Claus Nedersee - Supposed to be a backup, but impressed and continued when I let him play. Great season.

ML: Michal Tobias - Still great rating, but doesn't get as many goals and assists as I had hoped.

SC: Olivier Mbemba - Better than last year, but he isn't developing as I had hoped. Might be ready to be replaced.

SC: Igor Tadejevic - Yet another great season from our big Croat up top.

Got two youngsters who might become something. Erik Bård Bredesen (YP5) is the one I have most hopes for. Extreme pace and good passing. Need some work on his strength, but could be good. The other is Jan Erik Dahl (YP6), but I have my doubts he'll make it.

Financially we solid. European games give quite the pretty penny. The new board seems much more rigid than the last, even though they are supposed 'Fans' trust'. They won't invest in facilites, youth coaching or youth recruitment. I'll continue to pester them to see what I might get. Luckily, the new board haven't given any hints at getting another manager, so I think my job is pretty safe for the moment. Playing in CL next season so that should bring in some more cash.

My hopes for the next season is to try to retain the title and see how it goes in CL.

Tycoon Sarpsborg update: Doesn't seem to have done much yet except upgrade the training facilities. Worried of what they might do during the upcoming off-season.

Season	 Division	Position     Cup	Europe	     Top scorer	      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	2nd Div Grp 2	  6th	    1st rnd	 N/A	     Røsten Håkon(14)      Mid table
2013	2nd Div Grp 3	  1st	    2nd rnd	 N/A	     Thomas Andersen(26)   Promotion
2014	Adeccoligaen	  1st	    Semis	 N/A	     Thomas Andersen(29)   Promotion
2015	Tippeligaen	  3rd	    Quarter	 N/A	     Olivier Mbemba(13)    Qualified for Europa League
2016	Tippeligaen	  3rd	    Winner	EL Grp	     Igor Tadejevic(21)    Qualified for Europa League, Cup winner
2017	Tippeligaen	  1st	    Runner-up	In progress  Igor Tadejevic(28)	   Won the league, qualified for CL

Decent start there djclark. To answer XaW, you have to remember Switzerland needs 2 seasons holiday, in my save at YF Juventus in this challenge I remember it being slightly easier to get bigger name players. Well done on your season too, Erik Bård Bredesen looks like he could be a good player for you in the future.

I'll be doing a 10 game review soon for this season because what is going on Norway this year is astonishing so far.

Decent start there djclark. To answer XaW, you have to remember Switzerland needs 2 seasons holiday, in my save at YF Juventus in this challenge I remember it being slightly easier to get bigger name players. Well done on your season too, Erik Bård Bredesen looks like he could be a good player for you in the future.

I'll be doing a 10 game review soon for this season because what is going on Norway this year is astonishing so far.

Yeah, didn't think about that, but still, it's Guti! I have hopes for Bredesen, but he'll spend at least the next season in the U19s. Also looking forward to what's happening in your game!

Oh, and this was bound to happen. Still, I got £2M + 20% of the next transfer. A fair amount for a player I got for free a couple of years ago and have done great for us.

thanks bud

euoq3n.gif

Stavanger IF 2014 10 Game Review

Fixtures

Table

Kuznetsov

As you can see it's goals galore in the Tippeligaen, our games being the highest scoring obviously but there is quite a lot across the board. I'm not sure why we concede as many as we do, possibly 4 of the back 5 being new to the squad but it's made it an exciting start to the year (though frustrating in ways :D) Luckily with our attacking thread we are picking up more than enough points (my target at the start of the year was 30 which has been enough to stay up comfortably in previous years)

Dexter_Morgan: Wow, that's some scores! 33-25 in 10 games! :eek:

Looking good so far, and with a little luck and consistency you'll get Europe next season! In my experience the back 4/5 sometimes need some time to gel before they play good together. My back 4 have been the same for about 3 seasons now, but I think that might change this season.

Well done beating Bordeaux XaW, that's a good achievement alone this far in, shame about the Villa game but those 4 games are showing progress for you :cool:

Thanks, I think my team is starting to get better and better. I try not to swap out too many players at once now.

Great stuff XaW, that should provide a nice boost to your reputation, Euro coefficient and finances :)

Thanks, should help out greatly. The cash is already in the coffers! Rep and coefficient should steadily increase I hope! =)

Haverfordwest

Haverfordwest_County_FC.png

Manager

Information

Club

General Information

Facilities

Finances

The Squad

Iv'e inherited a very small squad so a lot of new faces will be needed, I have already got a few players that i'm looking at but with no money to spend it could still be tricky but with about £4000 free in the Wage Budget I should be able to bring in enough players. I told the board that I will bring the club a Topp-Half finish in the league and I feel quite confident with this.

So, here goes!! I might do a quick update if anything interesting happens mid-season but most likely will be an end of season update. Wish me luck! :)

Quick update. First off the ins.

Gustavo Quiroz

Abdallah Yaisien

Absolutely amazed to get these 2 offered to me, Yaisien in particular and it has come at a much needed time as pre season signing Flavio (who was brilliant before the injury) and Yngve Rotterud who was finally starting to shine for us too, are both out until late December :mad: This meant I was 2 players over the non homegrown limit, 1 space was easily accommodated with Flavio's injury so left him out but for the other spot it was a tough choice between letting Carlos Bruno go or Daniel Jacobsson, in the end it came down to the fact I could command a £230k fee (plus 10% sell on) for Bruno who would have ended up seeing less game time with the incomings, plus the fact it got the club out of the red a month or 2 quicker than expected.

The stadium expansion is complete and it turns out it did increase the capacity by 1000 or so after all giving us a 4,650 capacity ground, i'm hoping the board leave that alone this year so I can spend some money on domestic players, because I didn't really want to go down the route of having too many foreigners in the first place but needs have come in to it.

I'm going to save talking about on the pitch until the end of the season, except to say we have a slight lead in an extremely close table.

Edit: Good luck in Wales chris11223 i've never managed there so looking forward to see how this goes.

Dexter_Morgan - Both of those players you brought in look like solid players hopefully they will shine for you.

As for wales the league looks to be very poor and not aa whole lot between the top and bottom clubs so it shouldn't be too hard to get up around to top of the table and in a relativity short time .. Hopefully.

Dexter_Morgan - Both of those players you brought in look like solid players hopefully they will shine for you.

As for wales the league looks to be very poor and not aa whole lot between the top and bottom clubs so it shouldn't be too hard to get up around to top of the table and in a relativity short time .. Hopefully.

Archived