Media
-2nd

Ground
- Sola Stadium 9,440 all seater

League
- Pretty much the same as last season as a
was secured right at the death.

Norwegian Cup
- One of my main odjectives was to try and go all out for the domestic cup, mainly because its the only realistic hope we have of a trophy at present. But still it was nice to
:)

Europa League
- Still ongoing,
[report to follow on completion].
:eek:

Fans Player Of The Year -
Gabriel Strøm again, truly awesome at the back and continunes to be loyal to Sola.

- True rock at the heart of the defence, leads by example.

Lars Erik Jacobsen
- Continues to pregress and weigh in with plenty of assists.

- Top Scorer again and amassed 26 goals over all.

-
Talented Danish youngster, will be a key play in the coming season.

-
Decent year from the freshly capped Norwegian player.

- True shot stopper this guy, although he is reqeusting a move already!

Nationality count Jan. 2025

Norwegians

Swedes

Danish

Other News -
Brann still unmatchable! Finishing the season unbeaten in the league, excited the CL at the group stage this year.

Next Season
- As ever get closer to Brann, which is happening very very slowly!

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement| Top Scorer (Lge) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)            
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9)    
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16)    
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)         
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)         
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (13)    
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2nd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8)    
2019    |  Adeccoligaen      |    1st     |        -        | Final    | Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (18)    
2020    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Antti Lempinen (8)    
2021    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |        -        |   Semi   |            | Joakim Aaland (18)   
2022    |  Tippeligaen       |    3rd     |  EL 2nd KO rnd  | 3rd Round|            | Joakim Aaland (17)  
2023    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |  EL 4th Q rnd   |   Final  |            | Antti Lempinen (12) 
2024    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |     Ongoing     | Winners  |            | Joakim Aaland (13)
2025    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |     Ongoing     | Winners  |            | Joakim Aaland (14) 

Good luck mate.

I've just finished my first season and need to do an update. If not tonight i'll aim to get it up tomorrow!

I will look forward to it, another story of success no doubt!:p:lol:

Evening all! (Very) long time, no post! I think I last attempted this challenge on FM08, having completed it on FM07 with Knockbreda of N. Ireland.

I've loaded up a new game and am currently holidaying my way through the first season in Slovenia, looking forward to getting an FM12 challenge up and running. It's good to be back!

Been ages since i gave this ago, and with time running out on FM12, and me having an impending trip to budapest, its time for a hungarian adventure.......

After a browse of the 4 promoted clubs, only one was anywhere close to pronouncable....

esmtk.jpg

Erzsebeti SMTK

In what is an amazing first for me, despite this club being non league the previous season (and so unknown they dont even have a wiki page!) they managed to win the hungarian cup! So i actually have a EURO adventure in season 1! Going by the standard of the squad, it will be a short one..........

7807_old.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - A New Beginning

Year - 2012

Division - Slovenian Second League

Ground - Stadion Ivana Gregorica 2,500 (1,000 seated)

Status- Semi-professional

Dekani is little more than a village in southern Slovenia, just across the Italian border from Trieste, and not far from Croatia along the coast. Jadran Dekani have some history and were in the Slovenian top flight as recent as 1995. Unfortunately in that season, they failed to win a league match, picking up 3 points from 30 games and ending with a goal difference of -101! Since then they've slipped into the obscurity of the Third League West, but are now ready to bounce back.

I've brought in a number of free signings, some who look like they will improve the squad, others who might simply boost the numbers. We have quite a generous wage budget of £2,500/week, considering most players are on about £50/week.

There seems to be a shortage of full backs in Slovenia, so it's looks like I might have to get used to playing three at the back. Could be interesting.

Aim for the season- Survival!

Wish me luck!

Modum FK Season Update 2014

League:

A very impressive season for us, we managed to finish Second this time around. Things seem to be all going in the right direction for us as our signings at the start of the season strengthened our Squad and was one of the reasons for such a good season this time around. Nordby had another solid season and he's beginning to come to the attention of the teams in the top division, but having just signed a new three-year deal I'm hoping we can continue to reject the offers and keep him happy.

Cup:

We were knocked out in the Second Round of the Cup having drew Premier Division side Fredrikstad we but up a good fight going 2-0 up but couldn't hold on and lost 2-3 in the end! On the plus side being knocked out so early with a relatively small Squad allowed me to focus fully on the League.

Season  |       League       |  Position     |    Europe              |  Cup     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2012    |  2nd Division Group 4  |   11th     |        N/A            | Preliminary Round
2013    |  2nd Division Group 4  |    9th     |        N/A            | Quarter Final 
2014    |  2nd Division Group 4  |    2nd     |        N/A            | Second Round

7807_old.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2012/13

Season - 2012/13

Media Prediction - 9th out of 10 (Relegation)

League - 8th out of 10 (Survival)

Cup - Not entered

Transfers - A good number of freebies brought in, bit of a mix of experience and youngsters. No-one really to shout about unfortunately!

Finances

Squad stats

Well, that was ugly. It was clear from the start that we were going to struggle, losing the opening game 5-2. Fortunately there were a few other very bad teams in the league and in the end we were very slightly better than two of them. We went into the last day of the season needing to match Krsko's result to survive, fortunately they got stuffed 5-2 whilst we drew 1-1. Still, the first season is all about survival and it gives us something to build on!

I tried to play a system based on three at the back for the first half of the season but it really wasn't working. So I brought in some full-backs in January and switched to a flat back four, alternating between a 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 depending on who we were up against.

Most of the squad were signed on one year contracts, so now I have to decide which to keep and which to scrap, and see how I can strengthen the squad.

Aim for the season- Survival! - Achieved!

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |   Achievement  | Top Scorer (Lge) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
2012/13 |  Second League  |     8th     |      -       |    Survival!   | Marko Drljic (6)        

7807_old.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2013/14

Season - 2013/14

Media Prediction - 8th out of 10 (Relegation)

League - 7th out of 10 (Improvement!)

Cup - Semi-Final (Lost to Celje)

Transfers - Let go of a lot of fodder, and replaced it with slightly better players. Adjusted my wage budget to allow my to buy a player.

Finances - Losing a bit of money, but not too much to be concerned about, and nothing I can really do about it anyway!

Squad stats - A player averaging over 7!

A definite if slender improvement on last season. We were pretty inconsistent in the league, still conceding too many goals, particularly from set pieces. We really lacked a goalscorer, in my two seasons here my best striker has managed just 8 league goals. In the cup, we somehow stumbled our way through to the semi-final! We edged past a non-league side in the first round, beat big boys Olimpia on penalties next, then another non-league team, before going out to Celje in the semi's. This glorious cup run earnt us prize money of £28! Yes, twenty-eight!

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |   Achievement  | Top Scorer (Lge) 
2012/13 |  Second League  |     8th     |      -       |    Survival!   | Marko Drljic (6)        
2013/14 |  Second League  |     7th     |     SF       |     -----      | Marko Vukelic (5)        

Again I've let some players go over the summer, and brought in some frees. Two new strikers and three new defenders, the starting XI definitely looks stronger. I've also had a chap through my youth team who has potential to play in the top flight, apparently.

The dynamic of the Second Division has become pretty clear: the professional teams fight for promotion, the semi-pro teams (including us) fight to survive. I'd like to think my team is now too good to be relegated, but I'm counting no chickens just yet.

Mand312 - Israeli National League - 2012/2013 - הפועל קטמון ירושלים

200px-Hapoel_Katamon_FC.png

Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem F.C. (Hebrew: הפועל קטמון ירושלים‎) is an Israeli fan-owned association football club in Jerusalem, Israel. It was conceived and founded in 2007 by Hapoel Jerusalem fans unhappy with the team’s management. The club currently plays in Liga Alef (the third league in Israel) and is based at Teddy Stadium. At its founding, Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem became the first fan-owned football club in Israel.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/prof.png

079v59c.jpg

I'm not permitted a scout. :( Is this a bug?

I'm not permitted a scout. :( Is this a bug?

I don't think it's a bug, as it's been the same on the last couple of FMs. If I remember rightly last year (correct me if I'm wrong!) Israel was removed from this challenge as you couldn't have scouts...

On a separate note, given the blog today re: Network Games next year, is anyone (by which I mean Gundo :D) thinking of having a Challenge based network game, perhaps only available for those that complete the challenge, where you can export your Champions League winners and test them against your fellow winners?

Can you imagine (for example) vurogj's Spirmont vs midgetram's ​Macva? The mouth waters... :cool:

On a separate note, given the blog today re: Network Games next year, is anyone (by which I mean Gundo :D) thinking of having a Challenge based network game, perhaps only available for those that complete the challenge, where you can export your Champions League winners and test them against your fellow winners?

Can you imagine (for example) vurogj's Spirmont vs midgetram's ​Macva? The mouth waters... :cool:

We've been discussing this a bit over in the Big Euro Nation challenge. I was suggesting a knockout competition for those who complete, and then maybe a Champions' League type thing when the winner's of the competition from each small club challenge compete for ultimate CSE glory.

Oh dear. I'm fourteen games into the new season and my top-scorer has... 2 goals. Those new strikers I signed? One goal between them! We're floundering, just above the relegation zone, it doesn't look good.

On a more positive note, I spent a large part of yesterday reading through the whole thread, catching up on everyone's stories and adventures. Some great tales, congratulations to all those who have completed the challenge, and best luck to everyone still going!

Polish First Division -2012-2013

b2306504c7d2c5c01a92a3452a769ad4f.png

Pelikan hire Mand312.

Oh Pelikan, how could I turn down such a great name, badge and team. Getting them off the ground may be difficult though, predicted 18/18 its probably going to be a tough season ahead.

Stadium: Starzynskiego

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Budgets: Transfer budget: 26k, Wage budget: 10.25k

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/prof-2.png

Hailing from Łowicz, a town with 30,383 inhabitants, Pelikan play in the hub of an important rail network.

Łowicz is a town with a sad history...

Łowicz was at the centre of the largest battle of the German invasion of Poland, the Battle of the Bzura River in the opening campaign of World War II.

In 1940, during the Nazi Occupation of Poland, German authorities established a Jewish ghetto in Łowicz, in order to confine its Jewish population for the purpose of persecution and exploitation.The ghetto was liquidated in March 1941, when all its 8,000–8,200 inhabitants were transported in cattle trucks to Warsaw Ghetto, the largest ghetto in all of Nazi occupied Europe with over 400,000 Jews crammed into an area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2). From there, most victims were sent to Treblinka extermination camp.

We've been discussing this a bit over in the Big Euro Nation challenge. I was suggesting a knockout competition for those who complete, and then maybe a Champions' League type thing when the winner's of the competition from each small club challenge compete for ultimate CSE glory.

This is a great idea, although it's not something I'd ever get the chance to compete in because I am yet to complete a single challenge!:o

I have always been of the mindset that this challenge isn't about competing against each other, but it would be a nice little extra thing and maybe provide some with more motivation to play the small club to big club challenges.:thup:

This is a great idea, although it's not something I'd ever get the chance to compete in because I am yet to complete a single challenge!:o

I have always been of the mindset that this challenge isn't about competing against each other, but it would be a nice little extra thing and maybe provide some with more motivation to play the small club to big club challenges.:thup:

Yeah, I've always thought of the challenges as a competition against the AI, but it would make a nice end of season showpiece. I think it's definitely for fun more than anything else.

Fjarobyggo made the knockout round of the Champions League for the first time, the season after losing almost the entire starting 11. We qualified in second place in a tough group which included Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Marseille. We advanced to the Quarters by beating Manchester United twice, and then lost to Juventus with a heart-breaking home loss after sneaking an away draw.

Things are looking up in Iceland for sure.

4VbAi.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2014/15

Season - 2013/14

Media Prediction - 7th out of 10

League - 7th out of 10 (again)

Cup - First-round defeat to Nafta

Transfers - Not as many signings this year, and I had mixed success with them. Barbic is a very promising centre-half, capped at U21-level. Ozbolt, despite having a great name for a striker, was a big disappointment, 1 goal in 25 games. Smid has been decent, forming an important part of our front three. Bratina and Smukovic have been fighting over the left-back spot and Lorber is a young centre-half on the edge of the first team.

Finances - Losing about 2k each month, but there's light at the end of that tunnel...

Squad stats

Whilst on the face of it, this season doesn't represent progress (same place in the league, worse in the cup), I definitely feel better about things. The first half of the season was pretty poor, but a switch of tactics to 4-3-3 seems to have improved things, and players like Smid have started to shine. The board are grumbling a little bit, and I think they want us to kick on next season. The main positive about this season is the defensive record, third best in the league, contributing to an overall positive goal difference. If we can some more goals next season, then I'll be confident of progress.

Key players

Jerney Schwarzmann - One of two Slovenian U21s in the squad, solid in defence if a bit limited going forward. Fans' Player Of The Year.

Nejc Vidmar - The main creator of the team, he's had a bit of a disappointing first two seasons, despite my staff raving about him. This season I'm happier with him, he's starting to play how I want him to.

Rok Smid - Our most talented striker, and joint top-scorer this season with six goals. Didn't score before christmas but six goals in the last nine matches is promising. He's probably benifited most from the switch to 4-3-3. He's also just won Second League signing of the season!

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |   Achievement  | Top Scorer (Lge)            | FPOTY
2012/13 |  Second League  |     8th     |      -       |    Survival!   | Marko Drljic (6)            | Etien Huskic
2013/14 |  Second League  |     7th     |     SF       |     -----      | Marko Vukelic (5)           | Admir Krsic
2014/15 |  Second League  |     7th     |   1st round  |     -----      | Marko Vukelic, Rok Smid (6) | Jerney Schwarzmann

I'm confident about improving next season, and have just received some very positive financial news. This was a very welcome surprise, has cleared our debts and put us 60k in the black. Considering our total expenditure last season was just £270k, sponsorship income of £130k is great news.

4VbAi.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2015/16

Season - 2015/16

Media Prediction - 7th out of 10

Cup - First-round defeat to non-league Krka

Transfers - Only a few players brought in, the main one being CM Anel Hodzic. The others are mainly squad players or future prospects.

Finances - We lose money each month but the sponsorship money has kept us in the black, huzzah!

Squad stats

This was our fourth season now in the Slovenian Second League, previously finishing 8th, 7th and 7th. Despite the poor performance in the cup, we got off to a good start in the league, losing just a couple of our first 10 games putting us in the top half for the first time in our history. By the winter break it was clear we were safe from relegation and in the mix with 6 teams separated by just 6 points at the top of the table. The post-winter in the Second Division only consists of 9 games (you play each team once more), and we managed to remain unbeaten through the first 8 of those, remarkably leaving us 2nd going into the final day of the season. Domzale were a point ahead of us, and playing already relegated Zagorje, Gorica were one point behind us, and playing the abysmal (1 point all season!) Zrece. We travelled to 8th placed Kovinar, knowing anything less than a win would probably leave us third and missing out on the promotion play-off.

Our success this season has been built mainly on having a solid defence, so to concede after two minutes against Kovinar was disappointing. This was our biggest game of the season, and we were looking like throwing it away. It got worse after half an hour, with our keeper bumbling the ball into his own net. 2-0 Kovinar. By this stage Gorica were already 5-0 up against Zrece, we needed to turn this around quickly. We got one goal back before half-time, Suren Antonyan forcing home a corner, but at the interval we still trailed 2-1. We pushed forward more in the second half, and levelled on 50 minutes. The momentum was with us, the win was there for the taking, but again Kovinar struck. 3-2 down with 17 minutes to play. I go to bring off my DM and one striker and throw on two more. As I do this the striker who I'm trying to sub off scores, 3-3 with 10 minutes left. He can't be happy with me, but I don't care, as my sub pops up three minutes later to slide home the winner. 4-3 and we've done it. 2nd place and a play-off for promotion against Bela Krajina! Match Report

Gorica ended up beating Zrece 8-0, but still finished third. Domzale thumped Zagorje and won the league

We'd played Bela 6 times previously, winning just one, losing four. At least we'd get a bumper crowd in for the home leg. We did, a 'sell-out' 1000 attendance (standing not allowed in the top flight so we had empty space for 1500 more unfortunately). It was apparent by now we don't do things the easy way, losing both strikers to injury in the first-half. Fortunately sub Ozbolt stepped up and gave us a 1-0 advantage to take to Bela for the 2nd leg. Match Report

I expected the second leg to be a backs-to-the-wall job, and to an extent it was, but Bela was surprisingly toothless. We kept it tight for 80 minutes, and then took our chance, my player of the season Miha Barbic heading home a corner. 2-0 on aggregate. Bela failed to rally, we held them off and wrapped things up with Hodzic striking in the 90th minute. Match Report

A massive performance from the boys, they made Bela look completely ordinary and there can be no complaints that we didn't deserve it. 3-0 on aggregate, and we've made it to the top flight.

League Table

Zrece were impressively bad, lost their first 23 games before finally drawing one.

Key players

Miha Barbic - Rock at the back, comfortably my best player this season. Only 22, hopefully he'll keep improving.

Rok Smid - Top-scorer again, the first player under my management to break double figures!

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |   Achievement  | Top Scorer (Lge)      | FPOTY
2012/13 |  Second League  |     8th     |      -       |    Survival!   | Marko Drljic (6)      | Etien Huskic
2013/14 |  Second League  |     7th     |     SF       |     -----      | Marko Vukelic (5)     | Admir Krsic
2014/15 |  Second League  |     7th     |   1st round  |     -----      | Vukelic, Rok Smid (6) | Jerney Schwarzmann
2015/16 |  Second League  |     2nd     |   1st round  |   Promotion!   | Smid (10)             | Schwarzmann

Obviously our best season to date. A huge improvement in the league, capped up with a brilliant play-off victory. Absolutely delighted. The hard work starts here, I'll be delighted with survival next season, but know it'll be very, very tough.

As no standing is allowed in the top-flight, our stadium is getting an upgrade, and will become a 2,500 all-seater stadium. Massive. We've also turned pro, hurrah!

Jadran Dekani have been in the top flight before, back in the 90s. Last time, they failed to win a match, and conceded over 100 goals. Surely I can't do that bad, right?

Anyway, I'm clearly flying through seasons, it'd be good if someone else posts an update before my next one!

Motoring through the seasons? Me? :D

4VbAi.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2016/17

Division - Slovenian First League

Media Prediction - 10th out of 10

Transfers - Promotion to the top flight and turning professional has apparently made the village of Dekani an attractive place for Czechs. Only four signings this season, three of them from Czech Republic. Hertelendi, a Slovenian, is an experienced goalkeeper, much better than Rupnik who as you can see has been sold. Fikejz is also a keeper, 19 years old, and hopefully the long-term keeper for us. He's not far off Hertelendi already and I've played him a fair bit this season.

Cervenka is a striker who should hopefully improve our options up front, and Tesarik is a handy left winger, allowing us to play a 4-5-1 as well as our narrow 4-1-3-2. Tesarik is a problem though, he can't tackle but is very, very aggresive. To date he's injured three teammates in training.

The league started really well with a 0-0 draw against Maribor, and we only lost 2 of our first 8 games. Defensively we looked really solid conceding just 6 but scoring goals looked like it would be a problem. And so it was. Next came a run through to Christmas where we drew 4 games and lost 8, winning none and scoring just 4 goals in 12 matches. Never has a mid-season break been so welcome.

By this stage it was clear that the battle to avoid the drop was between three teams: Celje (who remarkably had won the league the previous season), Nafta, and ourselves. Despite the dreadful run of form, we were still above Celje and only just behind Nafta.

The signing of Tesarik allowed us more tactical flexibility but after winning the first game back after the break, we lost the next three, including a 3-0 defeat to Celje. Next, though, came the two games that turned our season around. First up at home to Koper, coming from 2-1 down to win 3-2 thanks to a late Cervenka goal, then again coming from behind to dominate Nafta with a 3-1 victory. We went on to lose just three of the remaining 10 games after that, finishing with a flourish of three victories on the spin to make it look like we survived quite comfortably.

Celje finished bottom, and just a year after winning the league, were relegated. Nafta survived in the end, beating Interblock in the playoff.

League Table

The cup was again a write-off, we made it through the first round but crashed out to Nafta in the second.

Squad stats

Key players

GK - Mihael Hertelendi - 12 clean sheets in 26 games, it's probably not too much of a stretch to say without him we wouldn't have survived. That said, Fikejz is pushing for the starting spot.

DC - Miha Barbic - Still my best defender, ever-present this season, and picked up 5 MotMs too.

ST - Vit Cervenka - One of three Czechs on my books (that's actually now increased to five...), not that many goals to his name this season but throw in the 8 assists and I make that a good first season.

We also have our first internationals - Emir Helja is capped for Bosnia, Suren Antonyan for Armenia.

Finances - Turning pro is expensive! Attendances are up, but we're losing quite a lot each month. It's not too bad just yet but my chairman may get twitchy if offers start coming in for my players.

Season  |      League     |  Position   |     Cup      |   Achievement  | Top Scorer (Lge)      | FPOTY
2012/13 |  Second League  |     8th     |      -       |    Survival!   | Marko Drljic (6)      | Etien Huskic
2013/14 |  Second League  |     7th     |     SF       |     -----      | Marko Vukelic (5)     | Admir Krsic
2014/15 |  Second League  |     7th     |   1st round  |     -----      | Vukelic, Rok Smid (6) | Jerney Schwarzmann
2015/16 |  Second League  |     2nd     |   1st round  |   Promotion!   | Smid (10)             | Schwarzmann
|		  |		|	       |   Turned pro   |			|	
2016/17 |   First League  |     8th     |   2nd round  |   		| Dominik Ozbolt (7)	| Miha Barbic

Obviously I'm delighted that we've survived, and for two-thirds of the season we were actually quite competitive. We need to strengthen - first and foremost a left-back, then a DM, then a right-winger. But I'm fairly happy with my squad, it's pretty young and should improve with another season together.

I'd like to think about a cup run but it really just depends on whether we get lucky with the draw. An away tie against a First League team nearly always means defeat.

You really are motoring through the seasons there johnny, I agree with the initial expense of turning professional in the smaller leagues can be quite large; how well are you selling out your stadium now that you're in the top flight?

Mand, I think Pelikan is probably the best club name I've seen on here for quite some time (with a pelican on the logo to boot :D). Good luck for that first season.

RocheBag, any chance of an update soon? Would like to see your European adventure in detail if that's all right. :p

Nice to see this thread very much alive and kicking. Good luck with your challenges everyone. And really hope Gundo and Sola will get the better of Brann.

I have continued to play my Tollnes save. Have not been able to repeat my success in Europee, so I believe it was down to a lot of luck when I finally won.

My legendary player Tomasz Frankowski has retired. And the club has decided to build a 35000 capacity stadium called Frankowski Park. Nice.:D

Keep on going every one, I will jump aboard this challenge again for FM2013.:thup:

Just to be a blatant copycat of Taunton, a brief post success update on Sprimont.

After our first Champions League win, we retained it, then didn't win again for three years (lost two finals though), then won 6 on the trot.

Finally got past the 20 year wait from our first new stadium, which was 10770, and now have a 63k monster named Black Park.

Fernandez is approaching 36 and fairly decrepit, but I'm still playing him all the time, he might make 1200 goals by the end of this season.

Belgium are chasing France quite hard for 4th in the European rankings, having overtaken Germany last year.

The national team are world ranked #1 after winning the 2036 Euros, with 7 Sprimont players in the squad.

You really are motoring through the seasons there johnny, I agree with the initial expense of turning professional in the smaller leagues can be quite large; how well are you selling out your stadium now that you're in the top flight?

Our stadium is 2,500 capacity and average attendance last season was about 1,300, roughly double what it was in the Second League. This season we're averaging about 1,800 so far. Tickets only cost a fiver though, so it doesn't bring in much!

Just to be a blatant copycat of Taunton, a brief post success update on Sprimont.

After our first Champions League win, we retained it, then didn't win again for three years (lost two finals though), then won 6 on the trot.

Finally got past the 20 year wait from our first new stadium, which was 10770, and now have a 63k monster named Black Park.

Fernandez is approaching 36 and fairly decrepit, but I'm still playing him all the time, he might make 1200 goals by the end of this season.

Belgium are chasing France quite hard for 4th in the European rankings, having overtaken Germany last year.

The national team are world ranked #1 after winning the 2036 Euros, with 7 Sprimont players in the squad.

Very impressive indeed. Especially Fernandez.

Are you considering returning to Belgium for FM2013?

Nice to see this thread very much alive and kicking. Good luck with your challenges everyone. And really hope Gundo and Sola will get the better of Brann.

I have continued to play my Tollnes save. Have not been able to repeat my success in Europee, so I believe it was down to a lot of luck when I finally won.

My legendary player Tomasz Frankowski has retired. And the club has decided to build a 35000 capacity stadium called Frankowski Park. Nice.:D

Keep on going every one, I will jump aboard this challenge again for FM2013.:thup:

Cheers Taunton, but to be honest think times going to run out before we could overtake the mighty Brann, unfortunately.

Naming the new stadium after club legend Frankowski is simply awesome stuff.:cool::thup:

Great achievement! Maybe he will get a stadium named after him too.:applause:

4VbAi.png

johnnyquest409 - NK Jadran Dekani - 2017/18

Division - Slovenian First League

Media Prediction - 10th out of 10

Transfers - The Czech invasion of Dekani continues. Urbanek (DC), Janousek (DL) and Vejvoda (DM) come in to bump Antonyan, Smukovic and Horjak to the bench. We now have 6 Czechs in our starting XI, 4 Slovenians and a Bosnian. One sale, Gosak, a back-up AMC. Celje never played him, and have now released him. Money well spent.

As with last season, the aim this campaign was simply to avoid relegation and cement our place in the top flight of Slovenian football. It was clear from pretty early on that there was one very good team (Maribor), two pretty bad teams (Nafta and Aluminij), and the seven teams in between (including us) were more or less as good/bad as each other. As with our previous seasons, our foundations were built on a solid defence and we managed to keep 17 clean sheets in 36 games, overall the second best defence in the league behind Maribor. Goals were still a struggle, meaning we drew more matches than anyone else and finished with the 3rd worst strikeforce. Still, grinding out draws and hanging on to narrow wins added up to a fantastic league season and Europa League qualification.

League Table - Just a point behind Domzale in 2nd, and it would have been ours if not for a last day 0-0 draw.

As usual, there's not much to say about our cup exploits - a first round win against non-league Jesenice was followed by a 3-1 defeat away to Olimpija.

Squad stats

Key players

GK - Ladislav Fikejz - Fikejz and Hertelendi pretty much shared goalkeeping duties this season, but Fikejz is the clear choice for the future considering he's 11 years younger. Sparta Prague are desperate to take him back to the Czech Republic, but I'm hoping I can keep hold of him for a couple more seasons.

AMR/ST - Dominik Ozbolt - I signed Ozbolt four seasons ago as a striker but he had a dreadful first season, scoring just one goal in 25 games. Half-way through last season I started playing him as an inside forward in the AMR position and this season he's blossomed. Top-scorer, top assistee, and more MOMs than anyone else in the league.

International watch - Up to five now: Cervenka, Fikejz and Tesarik (all Czech) join Helja (Bosnia) and Antonyan (Armenia). Helja's currently enjoying his first international tournament at World Cup 2018.

Finances - Steadily losing money every month, but a new sponsorship deal worth £335k a year has just temporarily cleared our debts. Average attendance is up to 1,964.

2014/15 |  Second League  |     7th     |   1st round  |     -----      | Marko Vukelic (6)     | Jerney Schwarzmann
2015/16 |  Second League  |     2nd     |   1st round  |   Promotion!   | Rok Smid (10)         | Jerney Schwarzmann
|		  |		|	       |   Turned pro   |			|	
2016/17 |   First League  |     8th     |   2nd round  |   		| Dominik Ozbolt (7)	| Miha Barbic
2017/18	|   First League  |     3rd     |   2nd round  |EL qualification| Dominik Ozbolt (11)   | Jerney Schwarzmann

Great season, and I'm looking forward to our first European adventure, however brief it might be. We'll be visiting either Metalurgs (Latvia) or Viking (Norway) in the 2nd Qualifying Round, so I best find my passport.

Good stuff! Best of luck and I look forward to reading about your progress :)

Thanks! Just saw you were playing in Slovenia aswell. Looking good, Maribor looks hard to overtake, but anything is possible!

Good luck in Europe johnnyquest, the first time is always special (but often humiliating, short lived and not something you are ultimately proud of). :lol:

Good luck as well to XaW. Having two players in the same country makes for fun stylistic comparisons I feel.

And in response to Taunton, I'm not ruling anything in or out just yet. Belgium redux is on the list of possibles, as is a minor East European country. I do also have a hankering to do a long-term Watford save, as my beloved 'Orns haven't seen much of me in the last few versions. Multi country saves were my thing until I tried this challenge. Maybe with FMC I'll have the time to get two or three games on the go at once?

Which leads into a question for Gundo, and others. How will the challenge have to be adjusted for the new Classic mode? Any thoughts and ideas yet?

Ok, 5 games into the first season now. I inherited a very poor squad with no one with a rating more than one star. I've gotten in loads of free transfers to try to get some quality into the team. So far it's gotten us nowhere. We're rock bottom after losing 3 and drawing 2 matches. The last two matches being 1-5 and 1-6. This is gonna be hard! Hopefully it will improve some when the players start gelling together, but I still see us struggling a lot this season.

Edit: And wouldn't you know it! All it took was a bit of wining here to make me win! A brilliant 3-0 victory. Granted, they got a red card and hit the posts 5 or 6 times, but still! Much thanks to Denis Krasovc, the only player to ever have scored a hattrick under my command at Bistrica (well, the only player to ever have scored under my command, but anyway).

Archived