Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for you, could tell you were enjoying N.Ireland.

Challenge forum as a whole is a less attractive prospect for many as each version comes out unfortunately. The Careers forum hasn't helped matters either, although it is a great forum.

As for Norway, well things going much better thanks. I have settled on a tactic that I'm finally happy with and we sit 3rd with 12 left to play (Brann clear again!). In the Europa league we have drawn Red Bull Salzburg in the fourth qualifying round, so a major chance of making the group stages hopefully.

Cheers mate, I have tried a slightly different tactic than normal in Norway as my last attempt failed. With Herkules I won in the cup in my first game with ease and straight away thought I was a tactical genius. The three defeats in the league brought me crashing back down to earth (6-0, 3-0, 4-1) I then drew a couple and have now begun to win, 6 games unbeaten.

I have just signed a Legend

Ha ha Brilliant! :cool:

You will enjoy having him in your team. His high Technique makes him a real capable player with the moderate attributes he has and he will almost certainly get better. This is the first version of FM in a while that I haven't bought him.:thup:

Herkules- Norwegian Second Division- 2012 End of Season Update

8753.png

Table | Graph | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I think a half decent season we stayed up and never seemed in to much danger. I am not sure the chairman thinks so as I asked for new deal but he said my performance did not warrant it.

We did ok in the cup we got through one round then got destroyed in the next.

We did ok though a very enjoyable season.

Stars

Per Christian Myhre is a legend in this gamed he was good this year and no doubt will get better.

Vetle Knutsen-Oy a good signing who us only going to get better.

Aims:

Get new contract

Move team up in the league

Career So Far

Season    Division    Pos    Achievements
2012        Div 2      10th       Survived

Sort of, but to be honest that's on the back burner for now, trying to concentrate on the Cupen and EL for now. Anyway catching Brann is few years away yet!

Yes, well players of nationality; Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and Faroe Islands.

Mr Myhre would please any board.:D

Well my time in Norway is over again. I have been sacked after gaining only three points in 15 games. I changed tactics players everything I really dont know what went on.

I am going to return to N Ireland or Wales or something. Gundo where can I find some logos to download for the teams and competitions in Wales or N Ireland any idea?

I've decided to take up this challenge, I have chosen to manage in Serbia.

sloga_bajinabasta.png

Team: FK Sloga Bajina Bašta

City: Bajina Bašta

Background:

Founded in 1940, FK Sloga Bajina Bašta are a semi-professional club currently playing in the Serbian First League. The club play their home games at SC Braca Milutinovic and possesses adequate training facilities and basic youth facilities. The club also has a fairly basic Junior Coaching and a fairly basic Youth Recruitment Network.

Although the club have never won a competition, the club are probably enjoying their best spell of success this decade. Sloga (BB) finished runners up in the Serbian 3rd Tier for the only time in 2011.

tim.jpg

Team Overview

Team Information

Manager Overview

Manager Information

Should be a good test, media prediction is immediate relegation finishing rock bottom of the League!

Sindre Fossan just scored on a rare start in a league game versus Odd Grenland and managed to scoop Man Of Match too! Get the feeling he'll retire at the end of this season though, but what a great servant to the club.:cool:

FK Sloga Bajina Bašta Update:

My aim in the first season is simply to avoid relegation, the board have given me a transfer budget of £36,000 however my aim is to focus on free agents and loan deals and use any cash to improve training and youth facilities. My first action was to request my board search for a Parent Club which would me allow me to take players on loan with no cost to wages.

Pre-Season:

1-0 (W) Sloga (BB) Reserves

0-2 (L) Radnicki

4-1 (W) Trgovacki

3-0 (D) Zeleznicar

2-2 (D) OFK Beograd

4-0 (W) Policajac

2-0 (W) Vitez

2-0 (W) Ibar

Results have gone well, after a sluggish first two games where we couldn't seem to convert our chances. Granted that all of the teams are from the Lower Leagues of Serbia I am pleased that we won most games comfortably as all the strikers bagged a few goals and the midfielders were creative. A few clubs are sniffing around Dusan Jankovic (AMR/S) who my assistant says is our star player and he was impressive in Pre-Season so I hope we can hold off interest, I've managed to add two free agents as found by my lonely scout. A defender who has bolstered the depth of our defence and a striker who has done the same up front. We managed to secure a Feeder Club, Spartak SV who have kindly sent me a decent young goalkeeper on loan. I feel that my team has enough depth and variety ready for a tough season ahead.

I'll update again at the mid-point of the Season and see how things go!

Wiener-Sportklub.png

Club: Wiener Sportklub

City: Wien

Background:

The Wiener Sport-Club, commonly referred to simply as WSC, was established in 1883 playing in club colours of black and white. It is one of the Austrian capital Vienna's oldest athletics clubs, their traditional home is in the Dornbach quarter of the city.

At various times throughout its history the club has had departments for fencing, boxing, wrestling, cycling, handball, track and field, field hockey, tennis, football and water polo. Of these only the football and fencing departments remain active alongside the recently formed (2005) water polo section.

The football team enjoyed success as Austrian national champions in 1922, 1958 and 1959. Their 1958 season included an impressive 7:0 victory over Juventus in European Champions Cup. Two bankruptcies in the 1990s eventually led the team to slip into the lower leagues.

In the early 2000s the football division split off as Wiener Sportklub the team of which currently plays in the Austrian Regional League East.

=======================================================================================================

So i'm starting my last game (hopefully) in this version of FM :) Looking forward to this, mainly because of Wien Derby in Bundesliga (there are three rival clubs there!).

Of course first thing we have to do is establish the team in second league and then think about promotion.

Unfortunately I can't post any screenshot 'till the evening, because i'm playing on the other laptop which don't have connection to the net. I'll post it in the season summary.

Auf gehts WSK!:cool:

FK Sloga Bajina Bašta Update: Mid-Season

Very impressed with how we have faired so far, currently sitting in the top half of the table and even though I'm just at the mid point of the season I'm confident we can survive as the team top of the Relegation Zone are on 11pts. My key player so far has been either Dejan Tarabic or Zeljko Kovacevic both have been important for us we one performing well at the back and the other grabbing goals up top.

Still taking nothing for granted though and will take each game as it comes and see how far we can go as even a few injuries for us is an injury crisis. Sadly for some unknown reason we weren't entered into the Serbian Cup, but on the plus side this has meant we have been able to focus 100% on the League Campaign.

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2024

Year

Division
- Tippeligaen

Media
-6th

Ground
- Sola Stadium 9,440 all seater

League
- Great league campaign this year and Joakim Aaland made a huge impact on his return, he was a constant threat to opposition defences with his blistering pace.
was secured with a final game victory away at 6th place Fredrikstad.

Norwegian Cup
- Another great run in the cupen and I was delighted as it was high on my list of priorities. And after a fantastic 2-0 win away i nthe semi's at the Mighty Brann!! Our name was finally
after a penalty success against Sogndal at Ullevaal Stadion in the final and that secured our first major trophy for the club under my reign, absolutly delighted!
:)

Europa League
- Still ongoing this one, currently in the group stages. [report to follow on completion]

Fans Player Of The Year -
Gabriel Strøm gained the top player award after another fine display at the back.

- Top defender and alot of the other players respect his place in the team.

- Converted this youngster into a right winger as I try to bed him into the team and then, maybe later, move him up top.

- Had a respectable season in the hole behind the Striker and scored some important goals at crucial times.

- Great start to his second spell with Sola and his goal tally totalled 25 goals across all competitions.

-
The old boy played a bit part role again, as he does rather lack in the attribute department compared to the other guys I have at my disposal. He did manage two goals in a handful of appearances, one of which was a nice effort in our final home game of the season, which was a fitting end to this great servant. He retired and at the end of the season and was duly appointed Youth Team Manager.
:cool:

Nationality count Jan. 2024

Norwegians

Swedes

Danish

Finnish

Other News -
Brann still look very strong and catching them may still be a few years away yet...

Next Season
- Get closer to Brann, retain Cupen and make it to the CL group stages for the first time in the clubs history.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement| Top Scorer (Lge)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)           
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9)   
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16)   
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)        
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)        
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (13)   
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2nd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8)   
2019    |  Adeccoligaen      |    1st     |        -        | Final    | Promotion! | Nicolai Larson (18)   
2020    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Antti Lempinen (8)   
2021    |  Tippeligaen       |    2nd     |        -        |   Semi   |            | Joakim Aaland (18)  
2022    |  Tippeligaen       |    3rd     |  EL 2nd KO rnd  | 3rd Round|            | Joakim Aaland (17) 
2023    |  Tippeligaen       |    7th     |  EL 4th Q rnd   |   Final  |            | Antti Lempinen (12)
2024    |  Tippeligaen       |   2nd      |   Ongoing     |  Winners   |            Joakim Aaland (13)|

I don't think I'm good enough at FM to complete in Iceland, and I'm a bit bored of storming it domestically only to get to CL knockout and get thumped by Real Madrid. Going to restart in a higher rep league (I bottled it I know), holidayed to the 30th June in Romania and it's already reset so the 1st of July on the opening post is incorrect, will let you know when I find out after holidaying another season.

Great to see you're still going Gundo, hope you get that first league title soon, one thing I didn't like about Iceland is that when I started qualifying for the knockout stages it went into the next season, the players are lacking match practice when it comes round (friendlies against poor Icelandic teams don't count), that's my excuse anyway.

I'm back :) *waves* Nice to see others picking up the challenge whilst I've been away, as well as finally beating Brann gundo:D Now to pick up where I left off.

FK Macva Sabac - 2032/33 End of Season Update - Super League

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition"

League (Positions) : Stroll in the park, nothing new here. 2 defeats though this time isn't really acceptable any more, especially since one of those were at home.

Cup : Stroll, stroll, stroll. The final could have and should have been a bigger scoreline, but let's not dwell too much on that. Another double in the bag, think that's 12 now.

Champions League : Despite being top seeds, we still managed to get a group containing Bayern Munich, Celtic and Juventus. Not like it troubled us at all, only conceding once in the entire phase, which also included a 4-0 demolition of Munich. All in all, a fairly easy progression.

The 1st knock-out round saw us having to travel to England to play Arsenal, and after trailing 2-0 at half time we were quite fortunate to escape with a 2-2 draw. The home leg though was a different story; controlling it from start to finish and somewhat frustratingly only got a 2-0 win on the night, but still it ensured our progression to the last 8.

We were paired with another English side in the Quarters, and it's here we got our annual games against Chelsea :eyeroll: This time we had the home leg first, but just like before we controlled the game from start to finish, and again probably should have got a better scoreline than the 2-0 we did manage. And just like before, in the away leg we struggled initially - falling behind 2-0. This time though it was a Basic double (both headers from corners) which eventually levelled the score on the night and despite a missed penalty late on we went through 4-2 on aggregate.

With no English teams left, we travelled to somewhere new for the Semis. The destination this time was Madrid, but to play Atletico Madrid rather than their more famous neighbours. In the home leg though, we didn't have it our way and needed to do our 2-goal comeback just to stay in the tie before the away leg. The 2nd leg was a dire performance, and to be honest should have been a much heavier defeat than 2-0.

So only 1 defeat in Europe this year, but we are now getting a good taste for the business end of this competition; having been in the Semis (or better) in the last 3 years.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Very quiet this season, probably as I've brought all my good youngsters through ridiculously early the past few seasons. Kuveljic was the only one to move on this season, although I still can't find a decent back-up DL from anywhere.

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...) : Stevan Divljakovic - DC

I'm picking this only on CL games nowadays, so despite him being injured for a third of the season his rock steady performances in Europe give him the edge here. That and Galic again can't win this...

Finances : Almost breaking even (-£500k) without the net transfer spend and that's including the £13m dividends taken out too.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

No titles for the u19s this season, Radnicki doing the double this time around.

2033 Champions League Final: AC Milan 2-1 Atletico Madrid

2033 Europa League Final : Manchester City 2-1 SL Benfica

2033 African Cup of Nations : South Africa 0p-0 Morocco (4-2 pens)

2033 North American Gold Cup : USA 1-2 Mexico

2033 Confederations Cup : Serbia 6-1 Japan.

Odd combination of teams in this edition; Australia (hosts), Japan, New Zealand, Serbia, Nigeria (WC winners), Algeria, Paraguay, Mexico

2033 Uefa U21 Championship : Germany 2-1 France; Serbia had cruised their group but lost in the Semis to the Germans.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

2024-25: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2025-26: SL - 1st, CL Last 16

2026-27: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2027-28: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2028-29: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2029-30: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Runners-Up

2030-31: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2031-32: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Runners-Up

2032-33: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

ASC_Corona_2010_Brasov.png

Aociaţia Sport Club Corona 2010 Braşov

I'll give this challenge another crack in Romania. The team I've chosen is ASC Corona 2010 Braşov, FM incorrectly has them as founded in 2010 (they changed their name in 2010) but actually in 2007. The club won promotion from Liga IV in 2010, and IRL also won promotion to the second tier in 2012. They play at the tiny Stadionul Carpaţi in Braşov (capacity 1000):

6138.jpg

The 'sport club' is most well known for their women's handball team having won national championships and a European competition. I obviously hope to at least match that success.

Manager profile

Club facilities

Team report

Mihai Stere

Have a weak squad, with the best player in many positions a 36 year old is a bit worrying. I have quite a wage budget to work with (just over £13k a week), but being professional with a 1000 capacity stadium is going to be tough financially I can tell.

Welcome back midgetram, and so unlucky not to have completed the challenge yet. Serbia winning the Confederations cup. :D

Thanks, and good luck starting again in Romania :)

Serbia's recent record is actually quite outstanding:

2028 European Championships - Winners

2029 Confederations Cup - Winners

2030 World Cup - 3rd

2032 European Championships - Winners

2033 Confederations Cup - Winners

With that record they better win the World Cup this season :mad:

On the Macva front I'm half struggling in my CL group for a change; after beating Valencia I've now just done back-to-back draws against Fenerbache and Basel. Not sure that was entirely in the plan...

Norway's major tournament record in my save...

2012 European Championships - DNQ

2014 World Cup - DNQ

2016 European Championships - DNQ

2018 World Cup - Semi-Final - Defeated 1-4 by Argentina.

2020 European Championships - DNQ

2022 World Cup - DNQ

2024 European Championships - 2nd Rnd - Defeated 1-4 by Spain.

Fairly uneventful except for the 2018 WC semi final defeat to Argentina.

Great work as always midgetram, but do you ever find it frustrating playing an entire season for just a couple of games (i.e Champions League knockouts)?

Although I suppose that's the price we pay for this challenge... :thup:

There are two groups in the second tier in Romania, and 14 teams in each group, this season there are 5 relegation places from each group :eek:, I had to finish in the top 9.

Anyway, finished my first season, will do an update soon and will explain about the league restructuring.

FK Macva Sabac - 2033/34 End of Season Update - Super League

I feel like we've been here before...

League (Positions) : It's getting to the stage where 12 points dropped is a bad season. Both defeats this season were away this season so business is usual in that sense. 18 in a row now for any who are counting.

Cup : A bit less comfortable this year, with the final going to extra time, although I was never actually behind in any of the games. 13-times winners makes us tied with Red Star for the most cup trophies.

Champions League : Top seeds yet again and on paper I had a fairly easy group in Valencia, Fenerbache and Basel. However, our away form wasn't up to our usual standards and we could only draw all 3 of our away games. Those, with an additional draw at home to Fenerbache in the last game, saw us finish 2nd in the group despite going through the group unbeaten.

That meant that we could have had a very hard draw in the last 16, and were quite fortunate to end up with a tie against Arsenal who beat at this stage last year. A blistering start in the home leg put us in a very commanding 4-0 lead going to the Emirates. In the away leg, we did what we had been doing all season and saw a lead slip; but still managed to ease through 6-2 on aggregate.

In the Quarters we were very fortunate to get surprise package Shakhtar, who were the weakest side left on paper but had topped a group containing Inter, Bayern and Sporting Lisbon as well as beating Lyon in the previous round. In Donetsk, we finally got our first away win of the tournament in late fashion with both goals coming in the last minutes of the game. This rather broke their resolve I guess as in the home leg, we dominated from the very first minute and ended up smashing them 9-0 in the process - our biggest ever CL win.

So with the momentum we gained from that game, we entered the Semis (a rematch against Valencia) with new-found confidence. An away draw with an away goal was a positive step, but despite battering them at home like we did earlier in the year we couldn't make it count, going down 1-0 and 2-1 on aggregate. So once again, we fell in the Semis - the 3rd time in 4 years. I'm not sure what more there is to be done apart from wait one year to get immensely lucky I suppose.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers (or lack of :p) : Not one change to the 25 from last year for the first time may not have been the best idea I've ever had, but my academy players coming through are not really any better than those I already have. My strikers overall had a horrible year with consistency and injuries which if repeated again needs to be looked at more closely.

Player of the Season (who has NOT won it before...) : Zivorad Jovanovic - DC

Top scorer in my CL campaign as a DC says it all about my strikers form I think, although he was solid as a rock at the back too. Definitely one to look out for in future years on the international scene too.

Finances : £5m profit before the "Net Transfer Spend" is taken into account. Shareholder's dividends are stabilising too which is a good thing.

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

The Academy got their league title back, as well completing the cup double. Some of the graduates that are still around contributed to the Reserves winning their title too.

2034 Champions League Final​ : Valencia 0-1 Barcelona

2034 Europa League Final : Red Star Belgrade 0-1 Bayern Munich - yes that's right, we've got another Serbian team doing well in Europe :cool: They beat Tottenham, Anderlecht, Sevilla and Bordeaux on the way to the final.

2034 World Cup : Argentina 0-2 Italy. Serbia were on a roll until playing the Argentines in the Semis, where they lost 1-0. They at least beat Germany 2-0 to secure a consecutive 3rd place finish.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2020-21: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Last 32

2021-22: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2022-23: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Groups, EL Semis

2023-24: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Last 16

2024-25: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2025-26: SL - 1st, CL Last 16

2026-27: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2027-28: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2028-29: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Quarters

2029-30: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Runners-Up

2030-31: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2031-32: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Runners-Up

2032-33: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

2033-34: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Semis

Great work as always midgetram, but do you ever find it frustrating playing an entire season for just a couple of games (i.e Champions League knockouts)?

Although I suppose that's the price we pay for this challenge... :thup:

Yeah I do find it like that sometimes, especially when we don't perform as well as we should do. But it does mean that I can fly through the rest of the season quite quickly like I do :cool:

Season Review: FK Sloga Bajina Bašta Update

Well after an absolute disastrous second of the season, I ended up being relegated. I can have no complaints as we only won three of final fifteen games. No matter what I tried we just couldn't get results we needed, tactics were tweaked, meetings were held but we just weren't good enough and we finished in 13th place (the last relegation place) only two points behind the side above us!!

Looking back at the season it seems to me that the defence was never good enough as we continued to leak goals so I can only blame myself for not bolstering the defence during the mid-season Transfer Window, harsh lessons have been learned and I look forward to the next challenge!!

Final League Table

Aim for next season:

- Find a new job

- Avoid relegation

Archived