Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Just a quick update, started with TP-47 in Finland. First season I managed to outperform expectations and finished 4th in the 10 team league. In my second season my expectations were still to avoid relegation, and I ended up winning the league in a thrilling 1 vs 2 matchup on the last day of the season. So now it's on to the Finnish Premier League with basically the same squad I started with, as money is incredibly tight.

This will be all about scrapping for survival, should be fun!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into my last game of the season, I was bottom of the league by two points. I thought the sack was coming for sure, but I managed to scrap a win and my rivals lost, leaving me 11th out of 12 with 25 points out of 33 games. So I've surived one more year, but this team is so poor it's gonna take a miracle to keep doing it.

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2025 - Norwegian Premier division

CHAMPIONS THIRD TIME IN A ROW!

We are solid on home soil, but we were not spectacular this year. I rotated the team a bit, and that resulted in some poor performances. But overall, third league win in a row and our team is young so there is a big chance that we can dominate for years to come.

Found ourselves a new first choice keeper, Radek Kupka. He has been amazing, and he is just 17 years old.

We had the chance to do the domestic double for the first time, but were abysmal in the cup final, and lost 2-1 to Start. So we still have that double left to aim for in Norway.

Did not win manager of the year this time, but now i am a world class manager.

CL-update:

We went out in the quarter-finals against Ajax. We are improving in Europe, and I am happy that we went this far. I still suspect that we need a couple more world class players to conquer Europe though.

That was before the summer, in the autumn we got a new chance in Europe. Now we went directly into the group stage and that is great. We are currently ranked 50th in Europe.

Seeded 4th we got another tough draw, Barcelona, AC Milan and Besiktas. Manage to get a point against Barca at home, but there is still a gulf in class between the teams.

That said, we still finished second in the group.

And the good thing about having Barca in your group is that you avoid them in the last 16 draw. We will battle it out against Malaga for a place in the quarter finals in 2026.

Best player: Maybe not the best average rating, but Mark Dombrowski is going to be a superstar. I finally tied him down with a long term contract as well.

Top scorer: Oh yes, it is Tomasz Frankowski again. Wonderful player.

Economy: Very good. And we are going to expand the stadium and upgrade the training facilities.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 1.250.000 p/w (790.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 44 mill. Nkr (28 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 5387 (5361)

Players in: 11 (4)

Players out: 7 ( 6 )

Next goal is still the double, and to buy a world class player.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)

Welcome dj clark boy, hope Hungary goes well for you this time.

Good luck against Malaga Taunton, and Dombrowski looks great right now.

Now that's done, onto the new update...

FK Macva Sabac - 2018/19 End of Season Update - Super League

One step forward, 2 steps back.

League (Positions) : Again the table tells a false story, as Red Star started out with 13 wins out of 13, and the gap at the winter break was only 2 points. Amazing that I didn't draw a single league game all season, and it should be noted my 4 defeats were all to lower-half sides. Maybe an unbeaten season isn't too far off?

Cup : Poor, poor, poor. Barely got through the first two rounds (all goals on 80+ mins), although losing on pens is always annoying.

Champions League : Due to the nation's performances over the past few seasons, we qualified automatically for the group stages. However, Red Star couldn't join us, meaning we had to fly the Serbian flag solo once again.

Being 4th seeds once again didn't help, especially getting Real Madrid, Liverpool and Celtic in the groups. Poor performances in the first games against Madrid and Liverpool gave us a lot of work to do, but a draw against the Spaniards meant that a win for us in Glasgow coupled with a Liverpool win in Madrid would put us through. We did out part, but unfortunately Madrid got their point which put them through via a better head to head record.

Europa League : Since we finished 3rd we got dropped down to the knock-out stages of the EL, where we had the manageable task of Spartak Moscow. A clean sheet in both legs enabled us to progress to meet Feyenoord in the last 16. A lack of composure in front of goal cost us in the first leg, and after being outplayed in the 2nd we bowed out on away goals.

Feyenoord managed to make a run to the final, where they lost to Bayer Leverkusen 1-0.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : Much more like what I want to see. No-one getting too many games and being burnt own at the end of the season, with a nice steady flow of money coming through both windows too ;). Goals spread around the entire midfield and strikeforce is nice to see, although I do miss a real big threat for European games since the sale of Savovic.

Player of the Season : Slobodan Vilotic - AMC

I know it seems I only pick attacking players, but for someone who broke the assists record quite convincingly it was once again an easy choice. He's getting quite a lot of recognition too, picking up; Serbia Journalists' Player of the Year (2018), Managers' Player of the Season AND Young Player of the Season (2018/19) as well as 9 selections in the Team of the Round this season.

Finances : Slowly going up until January this season; then with new contracts (Vilotic and Nesic being paid a lot more than anyone else), training and youth facilties upgrades (should make them both state-of-the-art now) and a generous dividend payout the money has been going down slightly in recent months. Still no word on a stadium though, despite it being 95% full for league games and jammed packed every European night.

The Takeover Fiasco : What's this, a new part? :eek: Well for the first time in a challenge, my chairman is looking to move on.

First heard about it in December, just want you need before making some deals in the winter transfer window.

The inevitable embargo came in the middle of the window (fantastic timing I agree), but was then lifted a DAY later. Like I said; fiasco.

I thought that was the end of it, but at the season's end the chairman is still wanting to go, and talks started a month later. £48m to gain a controlling share in a Serbian club seems like a lot to me though personally...

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

2018 Champions League Final: Arsenal 0-4 Liverpool. Another English team winning, that's 4 in a row and 6 of the last 7. Arsenal now also have 2 runners-up medals in the last 4 years.

A poor showing by Serbian clubs as a whole really. Partizan and Red Star failed to get out of their EL groups, meaning we got a below-average performance for the year. Still a couple of seasons before our miracle score gets wiped off though.

9 players of mine were drafted into the U-21 squad for the European Championships, but the never stood a chance really of getting out of a group containing Italy, Spain and England. Italy went on to win the final 2-1 over France in extra time, their 2nd title in a row.

Also a congrats should be held out to my Under-19s, who built on their cup win last year (yes I know I forget to put it in then) to secure the tightest of league titles this season.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

Tings are looking good, midgetram, you are dominating at home now. Feel we are a bit in the same situaton, to good for our league, but lack a couple of world class players to do the final step in Europe.

But with your league wins you are guaranteed to get in the CL-groups, so eventually you will get that european trophy. Amd I hope that something will happen with your stadium soon.

Mine has now been expanded and it will hold a massive 7000 spectators:D. (Yes that is seven, not seventy)

Well, after 6 years with TP-47, I got relegated. I was bleeding so much money that by the time I got relegated I was already 700, 000 in the red. I;ve decided to start over, and instead of going for immediate success, take it slow and build from the ground up. This time I head to Iceland, and I'm currently hollidaying.

Taunton it's great to see Frankowski still banging them in and staying loyal!:)

Yeah, it's quite amazing that he is still at the club. He came for free from Schalke in 2020. Tollnes is his favourite club, and I am on his favoured personell list. Maybe we have a kind of Wenger-Henry relationship?

So now I expect him to play for us a couple more years, have a big money transfer to Barcelona, win everything possible with them, move to America and then join us on a short term loan and score the winner for us in an early cup-round.:D

Manage to tie down a lot of good players on long term contracts, so even though the wolves are cicrcling, I will do everything possible to keep my best players at the club.

Gundo, how are the norwegian players in your save?

I have just scouted through both the national team and the under 21's, and I have to say there is very few great norwegian players. Most of them get two or two and a half stars. I just have to wait until my youth set up is fully upgraded I think, before the big domestic talents emerge.

Just a quick question here. Have any of you managed to not bleed money in the early stages of your save? I'm losing about 20k per month, but only 2k of it is spent on wages, so I guess I just have to deal with it?

I lost money every year until I got promoted in my save. I think a lot of money is going out on maintenance to the facilities etc. But once you get in a division were you get prize and tv-money, you should start to see black numbers at the bottom line. Also sponsorships improve while you are improving.

After 4 years, Fjaroabyggo have finally been promoted to the Premier League. Mostly done with the improvement of the youth, and I've made the semi-finals of the cup two years running, so I'll see how the boys can get on without much change to the squad.

I didn't know if I was going to stick with this save or not, seeing as my foray into Finland went about as poorly as it could have. But now I'm pretty well addicted to it, so I guess I'll post the screenshots that I was supposed to post at the start.

Anyone wants to lose quz am the best ever:applause:

Since you have just signed up you will get the benefit of the doubt this time- read the general forum rules and abide by the specific forum guidelines before posting again please

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2016 Season Review

League Position

It was a great debut year in the Premier Division for us, finishing 3rd and qualifying for the Europa League on the last day of the season with a win over our rival, and a loss from our other rival.

Players:

Vioar Kjartansson (ST) - Been our talisman for 2 years now, plays all alone up front and keeps on banging them in.

Sindri Eyjolfsson (MC) - The older of the Brothers, Sindri had a decent season and continues to grow.

Bjarni Eyjolfsson (MC) - The younger and slightly more skilled Brother, Bjarni had a great season as our main playmaker, notching 6 goals and 5 assists.

Average Attendance: 577

Next Season Goals: Try to qualify for Europe again, start making a profit, and do well in the Europa League!

Season  |       League         |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup      |League Cup | Achievement | Top Scorer (League)        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
2012    |  1. Deild karla      |    10th    |        -        | 3rd Round |Group Stage|             | Fannar Arnason (14)        
2013    |  1. Deild karla      |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round |Semi-Final |             | Stefan Eysteinsson (6)    
2014    |  1. Deild karla      |    5th     |        -        | Semi-Final|Group Stage|             | Daniel Guomundsson (9)      
2015    |  1. Deild karla      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round |Runner-Up  |  Promotion  | Vioar Kjartansson (15)    
2016    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | Runner-up |Runner-Up  |Europa League| Vioar Kjartansson (15)     

Good first season in the Pepsideild, Rochebag. Do you manage to have a lot of icelandic players in your squad, or do you have to rely on foreign players?

I find in my save in Norway that the domstic players aren't good enough.

I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, mainly because of Crusader Kings II (life-stealer, be very brave), but I can give out a little transfer window update on Tycoon-led Standard. As mentioned above, their new Romanian chairman promised £67 Million for new players, and oh boy has he come good on that so far. With two weeks left in August, Standard have already splashed out £55 million on half a team. They've been shopping in France mainly and two in particular deserve a special mention. Ryusuke Hirata cost £16.75 Million, and looks like a decent playmaker, but the big one is a fellow by the name of Juan Cotella, who was, ever so briefly, a teammate of Francisco Fernandez's at FC Barcelona Juniors Lujan. He looks like the real deal. Will he be a bargain at £17 Million? Time will tell...

Ryusuke Hirata

Juan Cotella

Good first season in the Pepsideild, Rochebag. Do you manage to have a lot of icelandic players in your squad, or do you have to rely on foreign players?

I find in my save in Norway that the domstic players aren't good enough.

I have a squad of 24 right now, 21 of which are Icelandic, two Danes, and a Slovak. I think Norway's leagues are much better than Iceland, but their homegrown players aren't really any better. I suppose that's why.

And thanks :D

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2017 Season Review

League Position

A disappointing season all around, starting in the League Cup, where we failed to advance from the Group Stage for the first time in three years. A draw against defending champions Por in the main cup saw us out of that competition after just two games. So then all that was left was the League and Europe, and sadly the League went no better. We finished 7th out of 12, a pretty large step backward from last season, though there is little between most teams in the table.

Europa League: Drew against Northern Ireland's Linfield in the First Qualifying Round. It didn't look good after Leg One, but it got a whole lot better in Leg Two.

The Second Round saw us draw against Georgian side Zestaponi. We managed a draw at home in Leg One, but got swept off the pitch in the Second Leg. Overall a good European debut, and the money will certainly help.

Players:

Sindri Eyjolfsson (MC) - Sindri took a step back this year, and I think he's just about topped out as far as his potential goes

Bjarni Eyjolfsson (MC) - Bjarni however continues to improve and create goals as well as finish them from central midfield

Average Attendance: 696 (+119)

Last Season Goals: Get into Europe again: No

Start making a profit: Yes (though only because of the 200k from Europe)

Have a good European debut: Yes

Next Season Goals: Get back into Europe

Season  |       League         |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup      |League Cup | Achievement | Top Scorer (League)        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
2012    |  1. Deild karla      |    10th    |        -        | 3rd Round |Group Stage|             | Fannar Arnason (14)        
2013    |  1. Deild karla      |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round |Semi-Final |             | Stefan Eysteinsson (6)    
2014    |  1. Deild karla      |    5th     |        -        | Semi-Final|Group Stage|             | Daniel Guomundsson (9)      
2015    |  1. Deild karla      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round |Runner-Up  |  Promotion  | Vioar Kjartansson (15)    
2016    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | Runner-up |Runner-Up  |Europa League| Vioar Kjartansson (15)
2017    |  Pepsideild karla    |    7th     | 2nd Qual Round  | 4th Round |Group Stage|             | Vioar Kjartansson (7)

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2018 Season Review

League Position

A much better season this year. Starting with the League Cup where we won our group undefeated. A semi-final draw against perennial power Valur saw us bow out of the competition. The main cup was much more unforgiving, being eliminated by Valur again, this time in our second game. The League was much more kind though, and saw us finish with the most points in club history, another 3rd place finish, and a spot in the Europa League.

Players:

Bjarni Eyjolfsson (MC) - Had another good year and continues to be our star player, his brother played his way out of the starting lineup

Stefan Porsteinsson (AML) - Former youth product has a breakout year, dominating the left side of the pitch and leading the team in goals

Average Attendance: 650 (-46)

Last Season Goals: Get back into Europe: Yes

Next Season Goals: Push for the League Title, Reach the 3rd Qualyfing Round of the Europa League

2017    |  Pepsideild karla    |    7th     | 2nd Qual Round  | 4th Round |Group Stage|             | Vioar Kjartansson (7)
2018    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | 4th Round |Semi-Final |Europa League| Stefan Porsteinsson (11)

Austria Salzburg – Premier Division 2014/15 – Season 3

So after surviving last season the expectations this season were to avoid relegation and again with no money, the bookies gave us odds of 40-1 whilst the media rather surprisingly predicted we would finish 7th.

Transfers - Quiet season with no money for wages I brought in two German youngsters and an Ivory Coast winger on freebies, whilst my parent clubs loaned me two midfielders I didn't need, sales wise I loaned out players who were outside the match squad to save money or players that I wanted to get rid of but couldn't sell, a player who annoyed me was third choice Striker Bodul we moaned about not playing but then rejected the contracts of anyone who bidded for him most annoying is that Mattersburg who have had a tycoon takeover bid £700K for him only for him to reject the contract thankfully I managed to loan him out to a German Second Divison side on deadline day.

FA Cup - Didn't go to plan as we were dumped out of it in the Second Round by non-league Pasching.

Premier Division - We finished in a solid 7th position, we were in no danger of going down but couldn't find the consistency to push on and spent the entire second half of the season sat in 7th out of sight of both 6th and 8th place.

Squad

Youngster Florian Progelhof was given the nod in goal where he did ok considering my defence.

At right back Andreas Unger was in good form, on the left age appears to be catching up to Luis Delgado and young Dane Ole Jensen put in some good performances and he may get the nod next season unless I can bring in someone better.

In the centre of defence things didn't go well though changing my centrebacks to Limited Defenders helped a little, Johannes Nordstrom continued his injury plight and his loss of speed cost him however when he is fit and on form he is my best defender and as he keeps on getting injured in matches there isn't much I can do to stop it, partnering him was Fabio Strauss who has continued to develop nicely.

On the wings new signing Hubert Blanc didn't really impress though neither did Manuel Schuttelkopf, whilst on the left Jorge Ortega was in good form and thankfully throwing money at his agent encourged him to sign a new contract, covering him was Croatian Ivan Rezic who I am slowly retraining as a left winger.

In the centre of midfield German Mateusz Kapsa was in good form as my defensive midfielder, whilst in the playmaker role Julian Hobel put in some good performances as did Markus Klotz who will be pushing for his place if he can stay fit.

Upfront we are set at least as Rexhe Bytyci and Emilio continued their excellent partnership and to mix things up I had them swapping roles midmatch, Emilio even managed to finish topscorer in the league and was named in the team of the year while Bytyci was named fans player of the year. Thankfully I also got Emilio to sign a new contract with a higher release fee as Dutch and Spanish teams are sniffing around with the added bonus of lower bonuses and lower yearly increase

at the cost of a loyalty fee and agent fee, he was also sneaky in getting two bonsues for goal landmarks when I offered him the contract he'd just been paid for scoring 10 league goals, and whilst he was thinking about it he scored a hat-trick and stopped scoring for a couple of games, and then after he'd signed he scored his 15th goal early in the next game.

Best XI - I'd agree with that but with Ortega on the left instead of Rezic.

Overall XI - See's defenders Gollner and Strauss, Midfielders Kapsa and Rezic and Striker Emilio all named in the squad

Academy wise I promoted 3.5 Star rated Keeper Simon Siegl and 5 Star rated Centre-Back Horst Kovac

Finances are not great we still lost money but at least it wasn't as bad as last season, we did bolster our finances by increasing our parent clubs to three which brings in a much needed £250K a year though the bad news is that the council have again blocked planning permission for a new stadium so it looks like we are going to be struggling for a few more years.

Reputation wise the Austrian Premier Divison is now the 15th highest ranked competiton - above Scottish Prem, Championship, Serie B and Spanish Second Division, even more interesting is that the Austrian FA Cup is higher ranked than both the Spanish and Italian cups.

Whilst we are the 10th best side in Austria and with LASK's promotion (who somehow have the third highest reputation?) we are now the worst Premier Division side but on the plus side we are now better than all the First Division sides.

Europe wise Austria dropped down to 14th as Scotland flew up the rankings.

So the plan for next season is to somehow get out of the red without being forced to sell my first teamers and make an attempt at qualflying for Europe in the hope that that brings in some much needed money.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements            Euro Ranking Austria (UCL/EL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        First Division             1st           Champions - Promoted          14 (2/3)
2013/14        Premier Division           6th                                         13 (2/3)
2014/15        Premier Division           7th                                         14 (2/3)

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2026 - Norwegian Premier Division

CHAMPIONS!! FOURTH TIME IN A ROW!

We achieved a record points tally of 80 this season. There is nothing stopping us in Norway now. Rosenborg is trying, and our games against them are turning out to be classics, but we are much better than them at the moment.

The squad is better, I have made some great signings. One is a quality centre back that has made us way more solid both home and in Europe.

I still aim for the domestic double. We had two bad games this season, where we dominated heavily but couldn't score. One of those games were the cup semi final, and annoying enough we went out. I also want to see if we can go through a season unbeaten. We are getting closer.

CL-update:

In february we met Malaga in the last 16. They were too strong and we went out.

We have done well in Europe the last years so now we were seeded 3rd for the autumns group stage. (Remember the Norwegian season is different than the continent, so we participate in to cl-seasons in one league-season.) We got a tough group with Barcelona, Juventus and Panathinaikos.

Strangely enough we won all our home games 4-1. And a draw and a win against Barcelona have made me very optimistic that we finally can compete well in Europe.

We won our group, and will meet Chelsea for the right to play in the quarter-finals.

Best player: Our club legend, and great target man, George Romaniuc, were absolutely sensational this year.

Top scorer: It is seven in a row for Tomasz Frankowski. Top scorer every season he has played for Tollnes. I try to rotate the forwards a bit, but he still scores loads of goals.

Economy: Ok. I try to invest in the stadium and the facilities. We make to little money to buy big name players. The income from Europe is not enough, and our stadium is too small. Have to wait until the Norwegian league rise in reputation. It is currently ranked 13th, but must rise for us to get more tv-revenue and prize money.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 1.650.000 p/w (1.250.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 8,7 mill. Nkr (44 mill. Nkr )

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 6112 (5387)

Players in: 17 (11)

Players out: 15 ( 7 )

Next year: Beat Chelsea and advance in Europe. Win the league and the cup. And upgrade the facilities again.

(EL = Europa league.) (CL=Champions League) *=still in the competition.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2023   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)
2024   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Q-final | CL Q-final |  Tomasz Frankowski     (31)
2025   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | Rnrs up | CL last 16 |  Tomasz Frankowski     (25)
2026   |  Prem.   |    1[sUP]st[/sUP]    | S-final | CL last 16*|  Tomasz Frankowski     (22)

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2019 Season Review

League Position - Keeping with our usual pattern, a disappointing season to follow our good one. Started out great in the League Cup reaching the final, but losing on penalties. We had a great start to the domestic season, sitting in 1st or 2nd most of the year, but we couldn't string two results together toward the end, and finished out of the European spots in 5th. In the main cup we made it to the Semi-Finals and lost on penalties.

Takeover: We got a new chairman, he had no intentions of replacing me, and he didn't change the finances whatsoever, but he did get approval for a new stadium. Should be interesting.

Europa League: - We drew Sliema FC of Malta in the first qualifying round, and took care of them with great ease: Leg One, Leg Two - Then we drew Slovakian side Zilina in the 2nd round, and were no match for them. Leg One, Leg Two

Players:

Bjarni Eyjolfsson (MC) - Another good season for our playmaker

Dana Harryson (ST) - New signing, broke the bank to sign him and it paid off, bagged 10 goals for us

Average Attendance: 739 (+89)

Last Season Goals: Push for the League Title: No

Reach the 3rd Qualyfing Round of the Europa League: No

Next Season Goals: Get back into Europe AGAIN

2013    |  1. Deild karla      |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round | Semi-Final|             | Stefan Eysteinsson (6)    
2015    |  1. Deild karla      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round | Runner-Up |  Promotion  | Vioar Kjartansson (15)    
2016    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | Runner-up | Runner-Up |Europa League| Vioar Kjartansson (15)
2018    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | 4th Round | Semi-Final|Europa League| Stefan Porsteinsson (11)
2019    |  Pepsideild karla    |    5th     | 2nd Qual Round  | Semi-Final| Runner-Up |             | Dana Harryson (10)

Gundo, how are the norwegian players in your save?

I have just scouted through both the national team and the under 21's, and I have to say there is very few great norwegian players. Most of them get two or two and a half stars. I just have to wait until my youth set up is fully upgraded I think, before the big domestic talents emerge.

Yeah mine aren't up to much really. I haven't played my save in a few weeks, but from what I can remember the Norway national teams only get weaker from what they start out with.

Wow, I go away for a week and there's a flurry of activity ;)

That's very quick work RocheBag, I'm just wondering what's your player turnover like? Just might explain why there is a little bit of inconsistencies in your seasons.

Good luck against Chelsea Taunton, you're bound to have a break-through in Europe sooner rather than later.

And finally, a nice steady performance once again michael, how likely are the chances of getting into Europe via a cup-run rather than the league, just that you seem a bit isolated in the middle there that's all.

Now that's done, onto the new update...

FK Macva Sabac - 2019/20 End of Season Update - Super League

We can only stay stationary for so long surely?

The Takeover Fiasco : COMPLETED

After last season's update, the rest of this got wrapped up quite quickly in fact. Although firstly there was the standard "takeover hits the rocks" message, then the cliché "takeover could be close" message came soon after. But low and behold, everything had been completed by mid-July, although his initial plans for no investment were annoying.

I say initial, because a week later I finally broke him down and got that new stadium I've been wanting for the past 3 years :D Capacity of 9,360 is almost double what I have now, which should be suffice for the time being.

League (Positions) : After dropping 12 points the entire of last season, we decided to make this season more interesting by dropping 11 in our first 9 games this time around. That still wasn't enough though to stop us being top at Christmas, and with Red Star having a 1-2-2 record off the winter break, we more than cruised to title number 4.

Cup : Very bizarre. After cruising to the final with no problems, we decided to leave our shooting boots at home for the actual match, needing a fluke goal to get us to pens, which we then promptly lost on. That's 2 years in a row now without winning the cup, not really good enough for the class of the country.

Champions League : Once again, Red Star fell in qualifying (losing to Galatasary) so we flew the Serbian flag solo for another season.Hopefully this is the last year of being the 4th seeds, so we got a nice little celebration handed to us, being in easily the Group of Death; containing Man Utd, PSG and Dortmund. 2 wins over Dortmund was the easy part, and with gaining 2 draws against PSG we were left with a simple equation in our final game. Beat Man Utd at home, we win the group. If we didn't we'd be relying on the Parisians to match our result whilst they hosted Dortmund. Our worst performance of the season led in a 3-0 defeat, and PSG won 1-0 over Dortmund, sending us out in the groups for the 2nd successive year.

Europa League : Since we finished 3rd we got dropped down to the knock-out stages of the EL, where we once again got Russian opposition in the form of Zenit. A hard-fought 0-0 draw in Moscow was however followed by an abysmal home game, going down 2-0 at home.

Zenit managed to make a run to the semis, where they lost to eventual champions Juventus. Juve beat Arsenal 2-1 in the final.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers : There was almost no point of doing a transfer screen this year, but the one transfer out paved way for my new 18 year old striker to come in, who you can see below ;)

Player of the Season : Zika Lukovic - ST

The league's young player of the season, as well as being in the Serbian squad for the upcoming Euro Championships is just reward for the new star striker. My biggest worry is that his agent's relationship with me is already at "fierce dislike" due to me putting on 'reject all bids' on him since the 2nd week of the season.

Finances : Leaking, leaking, leaking money. Just as well we have a big chest of money to dish out on by the looks of it. Some of the big contracts though end in the summer and won't be renewed so hopefully the wage bill can be helped by that. I wonder what level of output is the minimum that allows dividends, just a thought...

Other Stuff : A selection of other events that have happened this season.

2018 Champions League Final: Man Utd 2-0 AC Milan. Another English team winning, that's 5 English winners in a row and 7 of the last 8. Man Utd have themselves 3 out of the last 4 titles, and the last 2 years the winner of my group has gone on to win the entire tournament.

A poor showing by Serbian clubs as a whole really. Red Star failed to get out of their EL group, meaning another below-average performance for the year. We're running out of time to build up on our great season a few years ago in order to get more European places.

4 players of mine were include in the squad for the European Championships (hosted in Belgium of all places), where Serbia qualified 2nd from a group of Portugal, Denmark and Romania. However, finishing 2nd meant they faced Spain in the 2nd round, where they promptly lost 3-0. France won the final over surprise package Russia on penalties.

History

2012-13: FL - 5th

2013-14: FL - 2nd

2014-15: SL - 5th

2015-16: SL - 2nd

2016-17: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, EL Semis

2017-18: SL - 1st, Cup Winners, CL Last 16

2018-19: SL - 1st, CL Groups, EL Last 16

2019-20: SL - 1st, Cup Runners-Up, CL Groups, EL Last 32

Cheers, Midgetram. You are doing well in Serbia I see, and Zika looks like a great prospect.

As you said, hope you will get a better seeding in Europe, and then the euro success will come eventually.

Congrats with the stadium. Yours are bigger then mine. I have asked the board for a bigger stadium and they agreed to expand it from 7000 to 8600.

midgetram: Player turnover isn't much at all. Everyone in Iceland still operates on Part-Time contracts so year to year, the players who perform get re-signed and those who don't, don't.

Your team is looking like it's right on the verge of big time success, I look forward to future updates.

iceland.jpg

Fjaroabyggo

2020 Season Review

League Position - Easily my most frustrating season to date. Starting with the League Cup, we breezed through the group stage as usual, got through on penalties in the Semi-Final, then lost in the final again, finishing runner up in a cup for the 5th time, with still no trophies. Things started a lot better in the League though, but then the injury bug bit us hard. We won our first 7 League games, then won only 5 of the next 15, blowing a massive lead to finally just scrape into 4th place. The main cup saw us exit early again, crashing out in the 4th round.

Players:

Bjarni Eyjolfsson (MC) - Another good season, his attributes are really coming along. Sadly this was likely his last season with us, as he's demanding more money than my wage budget can even come close to offering.

Daoi Arnason (ST) - Product of the youth system, brought along slowly, and replacing our injured striker Dana Harryson, really made his mark

Average Attendance: 763 (+24)

Last Season Goals: Get back into Europe AGAIN: Yes

Next Season Goals: Push for a League Title, Finally win a cup

2013    |  1. Deild karla      |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round | Semi-Final|             | Stefan Eysteinsson (6)    
2015    |  1. Deild karla      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round | Runner-Up |  Promotion  | Vioar Kjartansson (15)    
2016    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | Runner-up | Runner-Up |Europa League| Vioar Kjartansson (15)
2018    |  Pepsideild karla    |    3rd     |        -        | 4th Round | Semi-Final|Europa League| Stefan Porsteinsson (11)
2019    |  Pepsideild karla    |    5th     | 2nd Qual Round  | Semi-Final| Runner-Up |             | Dana Harryson (10)
2020    |  Pepsideild karla    |    4th     |        -        | 4th Round | Runner-Up |Europa League| Daoi Arnason (14)

League: Looking over the current squad there wasn't much quality in it. The first order of business was releasing as many players as I could and getting my own in. By the end of the preseason a decent squad was assembled. THere was a big issue on defence though. Goals were being leaked all over the place. We werent losing game but were drawing way to many. At mid season a tactic change and a key transfer and the leaky goals stopped. The club only dropped 3 points the 2nd half of the season. Unfortunately it wasnt enough as we were 2 points shy of 1st and promotion. Two signees ( Aas & Haara ) coming to the club after the season will really help next year

Cup: Unfortunately the club had basically no Cup run this year. We lost our opening match of the Finnish Cup on penalties.

Key Players:

Osahon Eboigbe: Led the club in goals with 23 despite missing 2 months to injury. Also lead league in man of matches

Madiou Konate: Scored 20 goals. Filled in well while Eboigbe was injured.

Fredrik Vikstrom: Picked up late in the season. The main reason the defence started playing well.

Next Season Goals: Win the League. Cut the last of dead weight and replace with youth. Strengthen Midfield and Defence.

Rochebag: I like your persistence. Your are slowly but steady progressing. Hope that first trophy will come soon. Nice to see that one of your own products is making his mark. (Arnason). That is always rewarding. Also hope Europe will bring you some money.

Goaliemanpat121: Great first season. But a bit bittersweet since you were so close to promotion. Certain you will clinch it next season!

Thanks Taunton. I usually only ever get time for one main game per version so I play a Dafuge game. Trying this challenge for the first time. I gotta say I am really enjoying playing in a new country and finding new players. I found a player that is dominating a lower league like in no other save before. Almost done with season 2. Recap will probably be up tomorrow.

FC_YPA.png

FC YPA Ylivieska – Finland

Season 2: Roster : Transfers : Table : Position Graph

League: I had high expectations for the club going into this season. After missing promotion by two points in season 1 I expected to win promotion this year. Season started up and down due to juggling a Cup run and the league but after the second month of league play we were comfortably on top and never looked like giving it up. In the end we won the league and promotion by 9 points. Lead the league in goals by far as well as second in least conceded. Five players were named to the Team of the Season. I won Manager of the Year. 6 of the 10 nominees for Player of the Year were YPA players as well as the 3 highest vote getters were on the squad. During the season we also recorded the largest victory in league history with a 9-0 win over KPV. Youngster Shpetim Kamberi even scored what was voted the

Cup: This season I really wanted to make a deep Cup run after last season bomb-out in the first round. This season we pushed all the way to the Finnish Cup Semi-final before losing to Premier league team IFK-Mariehamn 3-2. Had we not been in injury trouble at that point I think we could have taken them.

Key Players:

Jo Sandre Aas: Came over on free from Ranheim in Norway. Totally dominated the league. He scored 59 in 31 matches as well as assisted on another 11. Won Player of the Year and Players Choice Player of the Year. Lead the league in Man of Matches. He also set team and league record for goals in a game.

Amine Mechri: Left back had a breakout season. Lead the league in assists with 18 and had 20 in total. He pumped ball into the box all season and found the forwards.

Kare Bjorkstrand: The rock in the defensive midfield. Played a ton of minutes and shut down incoming attacks.

Osahon Eboigbe: Took a more supportive role this year but still managed to knock in another 18 goals in all competitions.

Last Seasons Goals:

Win the League – completed

Cut Dead Weight and Bring in Youth – dead weight was cut. Not much youth was brought in though.

Strengthen Midfield and Defence – the defence was improved slightly and the midfield was better with Bjorkstrand but not enough improvement to my liking.

Next Season Goals: Survive our first season up a division. Win the Finnish Cup. Strengthen the midfield significantly.

fmblog.patmoses.com

To gundo

can you mabyr start a network game that we can all join to see whose best?

We are not competing against each other. We are following each others progress and encourage as best we can along the way. Each achievement in here is uniqe.

To gundo

can you mabyr start a network game that we can all join to see whose best?

What Taunton said to be honest mate. This challenge has never been about competing against each other.

Just popped across from the Big Euro Nation challenge to see how everyone was getting on. Some fantastic players lighting up the more obscure parts of European football. Must say I'm forever amazed by the progress you guys manage in the Champions League. I'm having enough of a struggle with my Portuguese side. Bravo!

After 12 years of group stage champions league performances and numerous league and cup wins with SJK in Finland, I've decided to start a new game in Serbia, just holidaying at the moment and will choose a team as soon as its done.

I enjoyed the challenge with SJK but after 20 seasons I decided to start again considering their is a new patch out.

Aim is to reach the knockout rounds of the champions league eventually.

Archived