Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to take it, if they didn't win the cup there'd be no problem imo as they went down and are fair game to take over if they come back up, but the cup win means it goes against the spirit of the challenge a bit. I really want to take a team that hasn't been playable at some point (even if it isn't Old Boys i'm taking the 1st that comes) but Winterhur are the other main team to come up and they have a sugar daddy IIRC and there's no way i'm taking that.

Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa 2013/2014 – Season 2 – Jimbowmanuk

Chairman expects

League: Mid table finish : 9th

State Cup: Reach 8th round: Knocked out in 7th round

National Toto Cup: Learn from experience: Group Stage

A few players brought in to help strengthen my position in the league, had to concede to selling my best defender, Liad Berkovich, as I was £1k over my wage budget and the club needed £80k more than I needed the player.

Transfers

The pick of the new transfers is Yoel Chejanovic, picked him up from the Israeli trial match, was an important player when needed, also earned his 1st youth cap which makes him the 1st International under my reign

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

A great start to the season saw us winning 4 of our 1st 5 games, and after 12 matches played we were sitting in 2nd place, but a mid season blip had us losing ground on the leaders, results started to pick up towards the end and we just missed out on a top six place on goal difference, meaning we would finish 7th at nest and 10th at worst, in the end it was 9th which kept the board happy

State Cup

Spanked 4-0 in the 7th round

National Toto Cup

Comfortably won the 1st game 5-1, before going on to lose the remaing 5 and finished bottom of the group

Goals for next season are to improve the quality of the defence and try and find a solid DM, also I definitely feel a top 6 finish is well within our means and possibly even an outside chance at promotion.

Pre-Season and early season update:

As this isn't a January or End of Season update I'll hold off with posting pictures.

Pre-Season wen't well after the players settled in and learnt the formation required.

Pre-Season results were:

Pulawy Tournament: 1 - 1 draw with Stal Rzeszow, 0 - 0 draw with Pogon Siedlce and 6 - 1 win over Siarka.

0 - 1 vs Swit (H)

3 - 0 vs Ursus (H)

0 - 4 Legia Warsaw (A)

3 - 0 Avic Swidnik (A)

This season a tidy return of 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

We now sit 12 games in, and after a worrying 1-0 home defeat to kick off the campaign, we drew 3 times on the bounce before finally getting the first win under our belts on match day 5, a very good 3-1 over Wisla Plock which happened to be our first game on live tv! This was followed up with another win, and then a defeat, 2 draws and 3 wins. This gives us a very healthy total of 20 points and lets us keep our chests proudly puffed out in 7th place.

Hopefully we can continue this fantastic run and consolidate our position in the league, and look to continue to build our position from there :)

I've given up trying to get Old Boys. I did get 10 previously unplayable teams though.

List

YF Juventus

FC Rapperswil-Jona

FC Le-Mont-sur-Lausanne

Meyrin

Schaffhausen

Yverdon

Schotz

ES Malley

FC Tuggen

FC Echallens

I've saved them all for anyone who wants to use them as it proved very hard (5 hours of reloading) just to get these teams, i've also included a save on the 18th June (named save 2) for anyone that wants to try and get a different team (Good luck with it though :D)

Gundo, feel free to post the link to the folder in the OP if you want.

I've gone for FC Juventus

History

Club

Information

I've literally only just started as I couldn't make my mind up between them and Rapperswil so a coin toss has just settled it :D

My profile

Hard luck Gundo :( Looks like i'm in for a slog myself :D

I'll go through the signings quick

List

Taini and Buntschu were already arranged but they seem decent enough for now. Fontana was a transfer canceled so I assume that was because I took over, anyway I scouted him and bar pace he's not too bad with a 4 star potential so I took the risk.

My 2 scouts both picked out

Pinto

Pesoli

Derbali

as 4 and half stars and with short numbers it was a no brainer

Fischer was a bit of a lucky one as he came up in a report that another club offered a contract so I scouted him quickly and he had 5 star potential and was rated as being better than my other strikers (though i'm playing him as an inside forward due to a lack of numbers out wide) so it wasn't that hard a decision to offer more than he wanted and get him in as his versatility will be handy this year if nothing else.

The rest are nothing special just a lot younger than the ones I let go and potentially a bit better.

Mixed bag in the friendlies but considering I played higher rep teams I only had one battering (well 3-0)

First 2 league games i've lost 2-1 and 3-2 but again we haven't played badly but our fitness is shocking and I also had the problem that I either had to play a greyed out keeper or Taini who was orange in regards to injury. Goalkeeper is one position I need to sort more than anything else just for cover, but i'm struggling to find anyone at all even on loan.

Cheers lads. They sure do Taunton, not as good as them though
(these videos have made determined to succeed :D)

Brilliant!!:lol: If you ask the board to upgrade the facilities, then they may put some chairs out for the spectators with the umbrellas.

Brilliant!!:lol: If you ask the board to upgrade the facilities, then they may put some chairs out for the spectators with the umbrellas.

I love things like that when I take over a minnow, helps you along the way :D

Really struggling at the moment, not in terms of being adrift as a win would move us from 10th to 8th and we've only had a 4-1 battering and only 1 other game we've lost by more than 1 goal. I've got most of the tactics right I think as there's no way we can just go all out attack, but my defence is slow so if I play too high up we get caught out, play too deep and we let 25-30 yarders in. If I can sort this little detail out i'm sure we'd pick up points at a better rate.

How did your Europa game go ThfcJoe?

I lost it 3-1 on aggregate, 2-0 loss away and 1-1 draw at home so i'm out of Europe, but hopefully if we qualify again next year we can do well (y)

And besides, my finances have gone through the roof, over £1 million now!

Unlucky, was a tough draw though but at least you've got a bit of money now, unlike me, skint as anything :D

Until 4 games ago this would have been a doom and gloom report but from sitting in 10th i've jumped to 6th by switching to 4-4-2 rather than the 4-5-1 I started the seaon with

earlyseason.jpg

table17.jpg

Aarau and Lugano were the big wins as they were both just ahead of me at the time, battering Wil like that was an upset but for the first time this season we had actually done what we had been threatening to do for a long time. Even in the heavier scorelines against it was more a case of we couldn't score rather than us being totally useless :D

Ok, think I'm going to try Sola Fotball for a third time after my two previous relegations, hopefully it might turn out to be third time lucky or if it doesn't FM's getting launched out the window!:D

I really had settled on them as the team I wanted to be, so I'm prepared to have one last try with them...

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2016 - Norwegian 1. division

Table (4th)

A fantastic season as a newly promoted team. We started as expected, with a home win and an away loss, but suddenly we started to compete and were in the top half all season. Last five games we had a great shot at promotion, but we squandered it with a home loss to a ten man Strømmen. We should have won, and with those three points we should have been promoted.

But all in all, I would had taken 4th place with both arms and legs if someone had offered it to me before the season.

Made some great signings, and it is nice to see that some of the important men from my 2. division campaign still have plenty to offer.

I believe we snatched points form every team, and the best perfomances were double wins over Norwegian greats Fredrikstad, and a cup win against Premier divisions Sarpsborg.

Best player: Torstein Mjonner. Got him for free in 2013 from Follo 2. Has been a major player for me. Made his best season this season, at a higher level, and is the backbone of my defense. Scores a lot of goals from corners as well.

Top scorer: Bryan Morel. Got him for free after being released from Rennes. Why he wanted to play for Tollnes I don't know, but has been absolutely amazing. I think he can deliver at a higher level.

Economy: Finally in the black

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 38.000 p/w (33.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 0 Nkr p/w (0 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 646 (272)

Players in: 20 (15)

Players out: 28 ( 21 )

Really optimistic after this season, and I hope I can get a few more class players and really go for promotion. And it will be nice to move into a new stadium and actually have some money.

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Atli Heimisson     (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4th   | 4.rnd |    N/A    |  Bryan Morel     (22)

150px-FK_Zemun.svg.png

FK Zemun - End of Season 2013/14

We are Champions!

Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 1st-16

I can't really believe my eyes! We only gained 1 point from our first 4 games and I lost interest very quickly, so I holidayed to Christmas. At that point we were 5th and had only lost once since those first four games! My Togoloese regen Koffi Moumouni was absolutely killing it, so I decided to stick with the game. After the Winter break, the team looked amazing and Moumouni was basically dragging the team up the rankings.

Key Players

Top scorer Zarko Lazetic with with 13 goals from 25 games

Best performer Mohamed Traore a rock at CB.

Liyabé Katoumbi along with Moumouni, took the league by storm!

Serbian Cup

Like last year, I wasn't entered for this :confused:

Next Year

Little bit worried with the amount of talent in Serbia but I'm hoping the step from First League to Super League isn't great, but I know I'll get dicked on by Partizan! If I stay in the division I will be happy. Finally some success!

Oh and Portugal won the 2014 World Cup beating Spain 1-0!

History

[b]Season   Team    League          Position    Cup   Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A   Relegated   
13/14    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A   Promotion!

Sorry to hear about your relegation, it is tough. What nation you thinking next?

I have no idea actually. Norway, Slovenia, my home nation of Denmark, Ireland and a couple of others are on my mind, but it can be anything in the end really :D

Went for Austria. Had a good time there last year, and the team I managed then came up this time as well. New manager of Grazer AK.

Good Luck in Austria, how far did you get with them last year?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Swinburn viewpost-right.png

I'll be doing this one after Dafuge is finished. Already chosen my team, holidayed, and got that team. We're in Norway with Stryn, home of my favourite clothing company, Moods of Norway. Can't wait to get started on this!

Welcome to Norway Swinburn. Stryn is also the home town of the Flo brothers, Tore André Flo started his career there.

Gundo: I played into the third season I think. Qualified for Europe, but then lost interest in FM for a while. They still have some of the players I had then, and it's amazing that I remember most of them :D

So fare we have been good. 4 games played, 3 won and 1 drawn. They have a big stadium, and hauls in about £50k per home match.

I think there might be something a bit funny going on in this version that might make this challenge a lot easier than usual.

Europa league

Half way through the Europa league group stages with all 4 (RB Salzburg lost in champions league) Austrian clubs not only still in the competition but doing well in their groups. Rapid Wien are 2nd in their champions league group on head-to-head behind Inter ahead of Schalke and Shakhtar, it just seems Austrian clubs are doing so much better than I might have expected them to.

budafokilc2.jpg

End of season report 2012/13

Table | Past positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A surprisingly good season. I was expecting to struggle, but the team worked wonders from the start. Mainly our defensive players have been excellent this season as evident by how few goals we have conceded in the league. Máté Kiss has been solid in the back with the help from his defenders and one of them is one of our top scorers, Gergely Villányi. Even though he clearly has his limits he has been at the right place at the right time lots of times. When I took over the club we were lacking mostly all over, but we had no one even resembling a right back, but suddenly an agent asked me to take a look at his aging client. I usually don't sign older players, but he was way better than anyone I though I could get. Csaba Fehér has been one of our most important players this season providing both goals and assists from his right back position. All of his goals were

aswell. One of our main problems this season has been finding a striker who can score, but luckily that problem was smaller when Norbert Kovács starter scoring loads from his right winger position.

The season startet good, but it was Orosházha who ran away at first when they won their 8 first matches. Around the midway point they started losing and we managed to get past them. We didn't look behind from that point as the wins came rolling in. Our low point of the season was when we got knocked out the cup. I was hoping to go far in the Magyar Kupa, but it was not to be. We got knocked out in the 2nd round by REAC.

Finacially we are struggling. The chairman has already injected £85k twice, but we are still deep in the red. It's not our attendances who are low, but the ticket prizes! A season ticket costs £19 and a match ticket £1.9! How on earth are we gonna make some money from that? Hopefully it will better now that we are up in the top tier.

Season        Divison        Position    Cup        Europe        Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13        NBII        1st        2nd round    N/A        Promoted as champions

174889_154997311198881_3290744_n.jpg

Wisla Pulawy End of Season 2012/13 Report

Media Prediction: 16th

Actual Finish: 5th

Table

A very good first season for the club. First things first were to get my favoured formations well known by the players, and bring in staff members to train and mould the team. The aim really was to finish mid-table in about 8th/9th, and some very good results seen us out-perform my expectations! The hard-work begins here though, as with a few quality additions I believe we can challenge for Promotion into the Ekstraklasa.

Key Man

My key player for the season was my Captain Lukasz Giza. Scored 16 goals in 30 appearances and was the key reason we finished so highly up the league.

Polish FA Cup

We didn't enter this competition, despite our league rivals being in the Competition. No idea at all as to why though.

Signings

Our transfer dealings for the year were as so. The deals for Hus at £9k, and Waclawczyk for £3.5k were dealt for by the board when i requested funds for the transfer (as I didn't have them available). Our budget for the year was extremely small.

The stadium holds a nice 4,418 so is something I dont have to worry about until we reach the Ekstraklasa.

Finances

These are the only blip in what otherwise is a very rosey picture. The club made a particularly substantial loss which is a worry, as it's a bad way for a club of our size to be in £250k debt.

The aim for next season as mentioned, is to get promotion into the top flight of Polish Football, and also try and improve the clubs finances back into the black.

150px-FK_Zemun.svg.png

FK Zemun - Mid Season 2014/15

Table 9th-16

Well after we got over my characteristic bad start (this time 3 points out of 9) we got going on a 4 game unbeaten run and not getting dicked on by Partizan like I said we would! We only lost 1-0 away! Only really losing to the top teams, the guys around and below us are not as good as us fortunately. 5 wins 5 draws and 5 losses leaves us slap bang in the middle, if we keep this up til the end of the year I will be very happy. One thing I do have to change over the break is our defence, oen clean sheet in 15 isn't good enough, although thankfully we are scoring more than we are conceding!

Key Players

Koffi Moumouni is my best player and my top scorer... he scores most of his goals in the cup however. 7 in cup and 4 in the league. Leiria from Portugal want him!

Serbian Cup

First time I've entered the Cup and the draw has been lenient to us each time, but we have found Partizan in the semis. Over 2 legs we may be able to give them a go but we'll see I guess!

History

[b]Season   Team    League          Position    Cup   Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A   Relegated   
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7300881&viewfull=1#post7300881]13/14[/url]    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A   Promotion!

Just managed to pull off the biggest shock I've ever seen:

screenshot227m.jpg

I have a feeling Partizan didn't take this match too seriously seeing as as they only scored via a penalty and they barely troubled our goal. If we keep our heads screwed on we could be getting into Europe in my 2nd season (because the opposition in the final may well be the league champions or runners up Red Star)... something I never thought I would be able to say.

150px-FK_Zemun.svg.png

FK Zemun - End of Season 2014/15

Table 11th-16

The mid season point gave us 5 wins 5 draws 5 losses but after the break our squad depth was exposed... last season prediction about there not being enough talent out there came true. I was stuck with only one RM and he wasn't good enough for the division. Anyway, after a bad run of form towards the end of the season, we took it to the last day of the season where any one of 6 teams could have gone down or faced the playoff. Luckily we were playing Smederevo who needed a win to stay up, and once they got a red card it only looked like going one way, my way.

Key Players

Koffi Moumouni was my saviour... scored 14 of our 34 league goals and 7 more in the cup. Best player overall, most assists, most MOM, everything. Due to my poor defence and wingers, without this guy I'd have gone straight back down.

Serbian Cup

I was two matches away from European football because I would have met Red Star in the final and they weren't doing too well. We beat Partizan 2-1 away in the first leg of the semi but managed to lose 2-0 in the home leg, which I really found annoying :(. Hoping for the same next year!

History

[b]Season   Team    League          Position    Cup           Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A           Relegated   
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7300881&viewfull=1#post7300881]13/14[/url]    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A           Promotion!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7307904&viewfull=1#post7307904]14/15[/url]    Zemun   Super League    11th/16     Semi Finals   Just beat relegation & two matches from European Football

Hi, here is quick report from my SV Schwechat game in Austrian 2nd divison. Because i don't have too much time to play, i'am still in first season played 26 matces of 36, after winterseason break, we are sitting on the top and have 11 points more than 2nd LASK Linz, so i think/hope we will be promoted. But alrady lost in Austrian cup 2nd round. We have 3 best league players (averige rating) and 1st and 3rd best league goalscorer...Tomorrow will post some screenshots...

150px-R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

Biscotti's Belgian Adventure | RFC Liége | Belgian Second League | 2013/14 Season

League: 4th | Past Positions (Predicted 8th)

Belgian Cup: 5th Round (1-3 vs. Ronse)

Transfers

This year saw an even heavier foray into the transfer market than last season, leaving only 3 players from my 1st choice XI last season to remain as starting players this year. Mostly this was due to my scouts finding plenty of players who would be interested in playing for us who were of significantly higher quality than what Worth noting is the sale of Sven Hensel, who came in as my first choice left winger at the start of the season and earned me a cool half million in the January window. This didn't exactly sort my finances, though, and we were leaking around £100k per month to end the season nearly a million in the red.

Our league campaign started a little rocky, but we soon stabilised and established ourselves as promotion contenders, sitting comfortably top over the middle of the season before a lack of goals caused our form to spiral horribly. The odd system for awarding playoff spots meant that even though we finished in the playoff positions, we didn't actually earn a spot in the promotion playoffs, which is extremely frustrating. Our cup form was woeful, which is disappointing as I was hoping for at least a little extra cash to come from there and help us out.

The squad

GK: Cliff Mardulier

DL: Antonio Calderón

DR: Michaël Jonckheere

DC: Jonathan Heris

DC: Mateusz Kuzmicki

MC: Abdoulaye Coulibaly

MC: Julien Villard

AML: Anthony Limbombe

AMR: Diogo Cunha

ST: Rony Baynon

ST: Marijn Vandewalle

The only player I'd like to single out from the first 11 is Rony Baynon, who scored 25 in 22 during the first half of the season before clubs got wise and started shutting him down - causing a 15 hour barren spell. Without his contribution it's extremely likely we'd have been left struggling in the middle of the table.

I have a few players on the way in already and it is my intention to push to win the league next season. I honestly see no reason why we can't do it, but with finances the way they are and no obvious source of improved income I may be forced to sell a few of my stars just to stave off bankruptcy. It'll be a tough balancing act, but I'm sure I can manage it.

[b]Biscotti's Belgian Adventure[/b]

Season	League		Position	Cup		Europe		Coefficient Rank	Belgian Pro League Rank
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	3rd Div A	1st		6th round	N/A		N/A			15th
2013/14	2nd League	4th		5th Round	N/A		N/A			17th

Archived