Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Well. Finally I will give this challenge a decent shot. Meet Hugo Flink, the new manager of Tollnes in Norway.

Flink means clever in Norwegian, and I have to be, if I want to bring success to this club.

I would like to do the challenge in my home country and choose a club not far from where I grew up. So I went for Tollnes, a club I always have had a soft spot for.

I am not familiar with doing the updates and so, but hopefully I will learn as the game evolves.

Media prediction is 12th, and they have an artificial turf. The club is squeezed in between two cities, just about on the border between them, so they don't have much support. This could be interesting:)

Good Luck. I will be following your progress with interest.:thup:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok had to go out so it delayed the start of the challenge for me but I'm back now and I've picked my Serbian team, say hello to the new manager of FK Dinamo Vranje!

dinamo-vranje.png

Here is my Profile.

They were founded in 1947 and play at the 5,000 capacity Yumco Stadium.

FK Dinamo are predicted to finish 14th out of the now 16 team Serbian First League (reduced from 18 in the first season), which means we're expected to be relegated.

Let's get started then!

The greatest footballing story ever told (in Wales) has just begun.

logojni.jpg

Go the Bluebirds.

Xavier Rennoll has just been appointed manager of the newly promoted Haverford West County.

The media has them down as finishing 8th of 12 in this coming season, but with the wage expenditure sitting at less than 50% of what the budget will allow, anything less than safe qualification into the Championship group would be a huge disappointment. Long term, the goal is obviously to take down the Champions League, though boosting the Rep of the Welsh premier league is definitely something I'll be aiming for in my time with the Bluebirds.

Stay tuned for updates.

Halfway through the season (13 games in) it's going pretty well, predicted 9th at the start and expected to struggle to survive, i'm 2nd, having won 9 drawn 1 and lost 3, scoring 26 but letting in 10. I'm 4 points off the top, and it'll be hard to overtake the top team but I have them last at home.

Thought i'd mention that i have a Czech save i could upload if anyone wants to give it a go there or to put in the opening post, it's saved the day before the new teams come up, so you can reload for whatever team you want, although like other leagues you get the same few quite a lot.

Will be trying this myself at some point, but currently doing the big nation one.

Tollnes update: Lost seven matches in a row and a terrible start to the season. The squad is utter rubbish.

Managed somhow to turn the tide, last four games is one draw and three wins in a row. All against fellow relegation candidates.

Have crept out of the relegation zone, but each game is a nerve wrecker. Main aim this season is survival. Europe feels and are light years away.

Modum_FK-logo-3306EF749C-seeklogo.com.gif

League Table

Player Stats

Star Player

Transfers

My team battled hard but eventually had to settle for second place and therefore another season in the Norwegian Second Division, as unfortunately we weren't consistent enough to overtake Bodo/Glimt in first. However I have got several players signing for free before the start of next season and I'm confident of pushing on to promotion next season.

My striker Simen Velstad also won the Top Goalscorer award with 25 goals in 26 games also getting 4 assists.

Haverfordwest County FC Season Review 2012/13

logojni.jpg

It was a topsy-turvy year for the Bluebirds. Going into the pre-season I had absolutely no idea how hard it would be to use up the remaining 3k in the wage budget, mostly due to the lack of worthwhile mature players willing to sign with a semi-professional Welsh side. As a result free transfers of mostly young guns were utilised, to surprisingly effective results. So without further ado:

League Table

Season high point and Season low point

Star player #1 and Star player #2

So it was a year where the team actually met my initial expectations, but to be honest, after a pretty ordinary preseason where the average age of all my signings would have been under 20, I'm actually quite happy with 5th. I'm particularly pleased with my 2 wingers who look like gods compared with the average Welsh fullback. Keeper is a massive concern at the moment unfortunately. My best is a 16 year old who struggles greatly with incoming crosses, hence the teams atrocious goal difference.

But still, after signing up all of my young stars on extended contracts until 2015, surely the only way from here is up.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Welsh Premier League         5th      Made championship group.

Next Season

Next season's goal is to contend for the championship and qualify for Europe. Wish me luck.

Well...

...here we are again. I just checked the '11 thread and realized that I was the second highest poster after BWG--I guess my Afan Lido save which took me into the 2030s in Wales took more time from me than I remember.

I never made it past the CL group stages.

So here I am again--and in Wales again, of course. very excited to see what I can do here. I feel I have unfinished business and, even if it takes me until 2042, I will try.

Holidaying atm. The only sad news is that Afan Lido is already in the Premiership, and I cannot take over them :(

Cheers!

T24

League Table

Player Stats

Star Player

Transfers

My team battled hard but eventually had to settle for second place and therefore another season in the Norwegian Second Division, as unfortunately we weren't consistent enough to overtake Bodo/Glimt in first. However I have got several players signing for free before the start of next season and I'm confident of pushing on to promotion next season.

My striker Simen Velstad also won the Top Goalscorer award with 25 goals in 26 games also getting 4 assists.

Good first season,:thup: actually can't believe Bodø/Glimt was relegated in the first place! :eek:

Good first season,:thup: actually can't believe Bodø/Glimt was relegated in the first place! :eek:

Yeah they seemed like they had a very good team they rarely slipped up and one of those was against me in a meaningless last game of the season.

In the 2nd season i've started a bit shakily but beat a premier league team in the cup on penalties, here's the match overview I ended the match with 9 men as my players couldn't hack the full 120 and a few others had something ridiculous like 12% condition, and my last 3 penalty takers had about 5 penalties so lets say I was more than shocked when we pulled off the win aha

Here's the shootout

Cherry Orchard - Irish First Division 2012 - Half-year summary

I'd forgotten how long the Irish season lasts. 48 games means playing the same team four times plus a couple cups. This means I'm still only up to july of my first season. The good news are things are going great. From 9th in the league late april I've now moved my team into 2nd place and within range of leaders Cork City. It was a narrow loss to Cork in april that sparked the turnaround as I decided to change the player roles of my forwards. Switching from wingers to inside forwards and playing my lone striker as a complete forward (even though he doesn't really have the attributes for it) worked wonders and I've gone 14:12-0-2 since then. Still leaking a few too many goals but I prefer a 6-2 to a 0-1 every day. Just beaten leaders Cork 3-0 away and really looking forward to the final half of the year.

Key players so far(all free transfers this spring)

Cawley - Support man has made 16 assists in 19 starts and never plays a bad game. Equally successful behind the striker or on the right wing.

Murray - Main striker started the season in Cawley's role but moved forward after my first choice striker refused to score. Looks better here.

Gallagher - Brought in to be backup on the right wing, but has been a key player so far.

McLoughlin Right back who is the only consistent player in the back five. Also captain and regular in the ref's book.

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2012 - Norwegian 2. division, group D

Wage budget: 35.000 Nkr p/w

Transfer budget: 150.000 Nkr p/w

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 182

Season goal: Survival

Table (11th)

Norwegian 2. division is a nightmare. I should know, because I have covered a lot of games there as a journalist. Frozen pitches, abandoned arenas, rain pouring down and you just want to get away early. This season simmed in FM was no difference. I suffered through the season. It was like Bob Marley put it: Fighting for survival.

With a really poor squad we started with seven straight defeats. Luckily there were three teams just as miserable as us, and the winner of the intern competition would survive. In the end we found our footing and scraped through. No one was convinced, I have never seen a more desillutioned squad, and I absolutely hate those Norwegian Premier league reserve teams that plays in the second division.

But we manage to survive thanks to a late run. It gives us optimism before the next season, but a lot of work has to be done.

Another funny thing was that it was takeover attempts galore. Every other month there were speculations about a takeover. Even a french business man from Rennes wanted to buy us. What he wanted with a mediocre Norwegian team, I just can't imagine. Thing is, no takeovers did materialize.

Target for the next season would be a mid table finish. And a squad overhaul.

Best player. Thomas Larsen

Worst player: Anders Danielsen

Economy: In the red

Season | League | Position | Cup | Europe | Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012   | 2. div |  11[sUP]th[/sUP]    |1.rnd|  N/A   |  Survival

SK Austria Klagenfurt 2020/21

As you can see from the date, I went on a long holiday before I took over Klagenfurt, the latest incarnation from the Carinthian city after two previous bankrupt clubs which play in the huge 32000 seater Hypo Group arena built for Euro 2008.

I was quite surprised at the quality of players I was able to get hold of, especially some of the players offered by agents, I would have signed more but I can not have more than 7 foreign players or more than 3 over 21 foreigners in the match squad. After an initial reshaping of the team I started badly, got better before the winter break before being rubbish again and pulled it round before the end just about. So somehow ended up CHAMPIONS! I love the tactic analysis screen, my tactic really clogs the middle defensively forcing them to go to war down the flanks against Julien Krieg and Dennis Schmidt.

League: Winners!

Squad: Surprisingly good

Top scorer: Jonas Warmuth

Highest rating: Marco Valtingoier (unexpectedly)

Top players: Michael Bopp, Julien Krieg (both offered by agents for free)

Year    | Division | Position | Cup
-----------------------------------------
2020/21 | First    | 1st      | Qtr Final

Tiller Season Review 2011/12

The first season is always an interesting one! As to be expected the Board backed me to succeed but gave me nothing to do it with, a Transfer Kitty of £0 and a wage budget of £3,500. That is understanding i suppose when the ground capacity is 700 (200 seated) and we sold 75 Season Tickets!

It proved challenging to get the squad to a standard i wanted, but we did our best.

The Season panned out pretty much as i expected. Early defeat in the Cup meant we could focus on the battle to remain in the league. The Media Prediction of 14th was probably fair, we didn't stand a rat in hell's chance of staying up...........or did we? ;)

After early set backs we managed to find a bit of form by the middle of the season, which boosted our chances of avoiding the dreaded drop. Anyhow, this is how things turned out.

League

So 8th isn't too bad really. Just want to push on next season, but who knows.

The Players to make the biggest impact were as follows:

Unjhem[/url]- Young Striker who did OK

Malmo - Did surprisingly well and popped up now and again to score some much needed goals.

Henriksen- A sturdy force at the back and the Player of the Season.

Onwards and upwards and on to next season......:applause:

A successful first season for SJK in the Finnish first division, although a run of 5 defeats prevented what could have been a 2nd place finish.

Some strange results though losing 4-0 against a team at the bottom and breaking my run of defeats with a 5-7 away win against league winners by a mile AC Oulu.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/93710828.jpg/

Ended up in 4th place.

Fans player of the year....Artu Seppalla, the striker finished on 20 goals in 26 games and was the top scorer in the division, all this despite playing a number of games at Right Midfield.

My player of the year....Daniel Caumo, scored 17 in 17 including 11 in pre season but was injured several times during the season and couldnt regain his starting position and so played as a backup AMC and Striker.

Scored 5 in 12 in the league.

Im now midway through pre season with a number of coming and goings will update when pre season is complete.

Haverfordwest County FC Season Review 2013/14

logojni.jpg

League Table

New Star Player

Tactics

Well it was an excellent year for the team and I. We were declared champions with 3 games in hand and I picked up the Manager of year award. The only downer is that financially we're in a pretty awful spot right now. Our 174-thousand pound debt is starting to hang over the club like a black cloud. Seeing as this challenge is very much so about the long term, I really need to come up with ideas on how to solve this problem before the worst happens (I assume the club folds?).

Advice anyone?

Back to the positives though, we've qualified for Europe, where we'll surely be destroyed, but the experience should still be a good one.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Welsh Premier League         5th      Made championship group.
2013/14   Welsh Premier League         1st      Champions!  Qualified for Europe.

Next Season

Next season's goal is to consolidate our position at the top of Welsh football, not get embarrassed too heavily in Europe and not fall in deeper into debt... somehow.

Season 2

Season 2 didn't go entirely as planned as I wanted to win the league and therefore get promoted, but a few bad results here and there lost me promotion, which dissapointed me tbh. Some players didn't perform as they should but hopefully next season I can definately seal promotion and get my team to the Norwegian division 1.

League Table

As you can see from the league table I was 4 points from winning it due to my better goal difference, but I could (and should) have won it, with two draws i've picked out that if I had won both promotion would be ours. The first, and the second, both games I should have won for different reasons.

Star Player: Christian Nygaard, strong in defence led me to conceding the least goals in the league and bossing the average rating charts.

Next Season:

I'm hoping this time my team won't fall back and this time actually get promotion as i'm getting increasingly frustrated with the frozen pitches and poor football as in the Norwegian Second Division.

Modum FK History

Season -          League         - Position -   Top Scorer  - Star Player
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012   - Second Division Group 4 -   2nd    - Simen Velstad - Simen Velstad
2013   - Second Division Group 4 -   3rd    - Jo Sondre Aas - Christian Nygaard

I'd like to thank the one guy who's started to sit in the away supporters section when we're on the road. It means a lot.

I remember that from last year when I played in Faroese league, almost feel like inviting him into the dressing room and changing, "for the fans" to do it for dave!

@ThfcJoe: Bad luck. Hopefully the next season will get you there. I am starting the second season now, not very optimistic. Need to get rid of lot of dead meat in the squad.

I'm determined to stick with this save but it's getting increasingly fustrating

He he. I just signed my brother in law as a scout. Didn't know he was in the game at all. He was a tough negotiator, but he eventually accepted.

He has played in the norwegian 1. divisin IRL so he actually has good football knowledge.

Amusing:)

Excellent:cool:

Its because Scotland doesn't have promotion/relegation from the bottom tier.

This just happened against RB Salzburg never seen it before at somehow I ended up with a 1-0 win to make it 4 wins in a row (After the first 11 matches of the season I had 3 points and no wins so its hardly a great season) :D

Okay for some reason I won the league but didn't get promoted?

The team in 3rd got promoted

League Table

This is fustrating as I feel I cannot continue with the save without a proper answer, I dunno if it is possible for me to get promotion to the first division

I'm Norwegian,there's something seriously wrong if you didn't get promotion.

The winner of all 4 groups go straight up,except the "2" teams can not be promoted being reserve teams.

Clearly Switzerland hasn't been for me. Been a somewhat up and down half-season. Never quite being clear of relegation, but there's been some good patches of form. This result though, has just taken the **** completely and put me off this team for life.

I shall be picking somewhere else and holidaying away I think.

How would everyone feel about maybe once you have completed this years challenge (Domestic Title and Champions League), maybe being allowed to add more nations into your save? Thought it might be quite interesting to take advantage of that new feature and it would be a nice reward for people who do complete it.:)

Just an idea, Thoughts?

Great idea for those who wants to try something else but also want to keep an eye on their original baby. :thup:

I have a small question:When loading players should I select both "Players based in nation" and "Players from nation" or just one of them?

Holiday speed is amazing on this version.

Am waiting for the level7/8 file for England so I can start the game I want to as my home town, but just gave a quick run through in Slovenia for half a season, and it is a difficult as I remember. The gap between Div 3 and Div 2 is huge. The gap between Div 2 and Div 1 even larger. Only 3 non-EU in the match day squad, and only people from Eastern Europe (most of which is non-EU) will come until you've had a couple of seasons in the CL.

Archived