Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dromara Village: Season Review

Dromara Village have record breaking season

Last Updated: June 19, 2017 10:30

Dromara Village supporters are celebrating after the club won the league, Irish Cup and All Ireland Cup, and progressed to the group stages of the Champions League and 1st Knockout Round of the Europa League.

Club Info | Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2) (3) | Table | Position Graph | Champions League Group Standings | Cup Fixtures (1) (2) | Confidence | Finances

Key Player: Carlinhos

Season Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7430974&viewfull=1#post7430974"]2012/13[/url]         Championship 2        1st               Promoted - Champions 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7431884&viewfull=1#post7431884"]2013/14[/url]         Championship 1        1st               Promoted - Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7436731&viewfull=1#post7436731"]2014/15[/url]         Premiership           11th              Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7436736&viewfull=1#post7436736"]2015/16[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, League Cup Winners, County Antrim Shield Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7441926&viewfull=1#post7441926"]2016/17[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, Irish Cup Winners, All-Ireland Cup Winners, Champions League Groups (3rd),
                                                       Europa League 1st Knockout Round

Related

Dromara Village, The Ultimate Underdog

UUC - Northern Ireland Prem - 2018/19 End of Season Update

Table

Much improved season, for a small part of it I honestly thought 1st place was within our grasps, but turns out drawing too many games is not a good thing. Ah well happy enough with 3rd. Linfield are in a class of their own, but that probably because they are professional. We need to start building our finances to go pro somehow.

We made it to the semis of both the Irish and League cups this season, but what surprised me was being entered into the All Ireland Cuip. If being entered was surprising beating some rep of ireland teams and getting to the final was even more surprising. And then beating my arch rivals Linfield in the final, well thats just satisfying!

Well we are qualified for the Euro Cup, not 100% sure which qualifying round we are starting in, I just want to get past at least 1 round before falling to an embarassing loss.

Career So Far

Season    Division     Pos   Points  Irish Cup   League Cup   Europe   Coeff     Achievments
2012/13   Second Div   6th   44      2nd R       1st R        n/a      n/a
2013/14   Second Div   6th   48      3rd R       2nd R        n/a      n/a
2014/15   Second Div   1st   61      2nd R       QF           n/a      n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2015/16   First Div    4th   43      3rd R       2nd R        n/a      n/a
2016/17   First Div    1st   52      5th R       2nd R        n/a      n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2017/18   Premier Div  6th   51      QF          QF           n/a      n/a
2018/19   Premier Div  3rd   65      SF          SF           n/a      n/a       All Ireland Cup Winners. Qual for Euro Cup

Bannon stunner secures Dromara victory

Dromara Village defeat Molde in Champions Playoff first leg

Last Updated: August 23, 2017 11:02

Dromara Village won the first leg of their Champions Playoff tie against Molde after Jon Bannon ensured a 2-0 win with a stunning goal.

[video=youtube;e1jpYdr6SYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jpYdr6SYQ

In the post match interview, manager Jordan Swinburn joked about the strike.

If I'm honest with you, I've always thought Jon was more likely to score in our net than he was our opponents. So when he hit that, my jaw dropped. It reminds me of the time Nigel de Jong finally scored for Man City. Nobody thought he would ever score, and then he went and scored a 25 yarder. The entire squad, management and fans were shocked. Same thing here. Wouldn't mind a few more like it though!

Dromara face Molde in the second leg in Norway next week and will be hoping for a repeat of this result.

Sorry to be off-topic but what settings do you have the matches on? Have always wanted to give one of these challenges a go but my games take so slow to progress, over 24 hours to complete a season in game time.

I tend to put league games on fastest speed, and then when it comes to cups and Europe, I put em on normal. Some people would say 24 hours a season is actually pretty good.

EDIT : Adding in for the benefit of Gundo. I never actually confirmed I this, even though I kept the saves, but Belgium's confirmed reset date is 29th June. Save on 28th if you want to spam for different teams by playing the next day a few times.

Cheers vurogj.:thup:

SV Schwechat - start of 5th season 2016/17

We again dominated in Austria, won league and cup, scored 107 goals in 36 matches with goal diff +60, but can not reach CL. And got one problem, some stupid situation... have 8M€ for transfers but -3k p/m at wage budget and can't buy noone because i can give only 12k for salary and budget adjustment is locked- i can't move slider. I bought 1 player for 1M and gave him 62k p/m wage and forgot that 1 player has "match highest earner" (before he had 28k p/m) and i went red and can not sell him even for free. Hope we'll get lucky on drow for CL this year (last year i lost against AC Milan), still only 2000 seats (8000capacity).

Season Team          League       Position Cup         Europe        Achievements
12/13  SV Schwechat  1. Liga      1th/10   2nd Round   N/A           Promotion!   
13/14  SV Schwechat  BundesLiga   1st/10   Winners!    N/A           Champions League next year
14/15  SV Schwechat  Bundesliga   1st/10   SemiFinal   CL group stage
15/16  SV Schwechat  Bundesliga   1st/10   Winners!    CL playoff/Euro cup through group stage

UUC - Northern Ireland - 2019/20

Table

We were drawn against Volyn in the 2nd Qualifying round for the EURO Cup. Unforunately it didnt last long as we lost 4-2 on aggregate. Lets hope future European adventures last a bit longer or this will take forever!

Anyway we had a bit of a better season than last year but Linfield are in a class of their own. They are beatable but they are far more consistent than any other team. Distillery were causing us issues too.

Finances are still in the red, so could really do with getting at some point to a Euro cup group stage to get them sorted out a bit.

Career So Far

Season    Division     Pos   Points  Irish Cup   League Cup   Europe   Coeff     Achievments
2012/13   Second Div   6th   44      2nd R       1st R        n/a      n/a
2013/14   Second Div   6th   48      3rd R       2nd R        n/a      n/a
2014/15   Second Div   1st   61      2nd R       QF           n/a      n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2015/16   First Div    4th   43      3rd R       2nd R        n/a      n/a
2016/17   First Div    1st   52      5th R       2nd R        n/a      n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2017/18   Premier Div  6th   51      QF          QF           n/a      n/a
2018/19   Premier Div  3rd   65      SF          SF           n/a      n/a       All Ireland Cup Winners. 
2019/20   Premier Div  2nd   69      winner      SF           2nd Q              Irish Cup Winner

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2018

Tippeligaen Final Positon.

This season was a frustrating one and one which I expected to struggle in. Failure to strengthen the team at the start was the main reason in my eyes, decent quality players just weren't interested in joining us. That and the self imposed Nordic players only rule, hit us hard. Going into the final game, a win over Molde would have been enough if my relegation rivals slipped up aswel. They did slip up, but so did we, eventually losing 1-2. On a positive note Sindre Fossan's commitment to the cause is worthy of a special mention, the ambitious winger never gave up hope and battled right to last, he valiantly grabbed our only goal in the final fixture away at Molde, a tidy effort that clipped in off the post. One moment that sticks in my mind though was his strike against the reigning Tippeliga champions Rosenborg, we eventually went on to lose the game 1-2 at the Sola Stadium. Relegated!!

The Players

Godwin Bossman again a season of injuries for the bossman, but when he did play he was the star player by a mile.

Sindre Fossan; despite his below average attributes he led by example Fossan's Sola History.

Daniel Storvik hugely under performed and the injury prone playmaker sat out a big chunk of the season.

Nicolai Larsen did better than I had expected and finished club joint top scorer with Bossman.

Espen Maldal, re-signed this ageing centre back from hødd as I'll sign him up as a coach shortly.

The 2018 season saw the board announce plans for a new 9440 all-seater stadium to the tune of 8.5 million!! It will be ready hopefully in time for our return to the top tier in January 2020.

Average attendance: 5,143 but much of the season was played at the 19,000 capacity Stavanger Stadion..

Next season: Promotion and build for the future.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement|Top Scorer      
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Ørjan Nesvik (5)     
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Rikard Lindroos (9)    
2014    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    1st     |        -        | 3rd Round| Promotion! | Jonas Olsen (16)   
2015    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 1st Round|            | Alexander Stølås (9)  
2016    |  Adeccoligaen      |    5th     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Espen Maldal (9)  
2017    |  Adeccoligaen      |    2nd     |        -        | 3rd Round|            | Nicolai Larson (13)
2018    |  Tippeligaen       |    15th    |        -        | 2rd Round| Relegated! | Nicolai Larson & Godwin Bossman (8)

Follow my progress on twitter.

Sola board just announced the club is to turn professional with immediate effect and have given me a transfer budget of 1.2 million! Looks like I'm getting getting a nice portion of that bank loan.:D

If this had of happened the start of last season, I think it would have almost certainly saved us.

And Tollnes have won the cup! 7-0 against Asker from 1. division.

I am delighted. Our first major trophy!

When it comes to the league? Sitting top, two points, two games to go. Rosenborg refuses to drop points, so I am sure I need to win both. But we are qualified for the CL, and won the cup, so this is a great season!

Since i haven't been able to find an enjoyable game on FM for a while,i have decided to give a go at this challenge.My new club is:

54775_N3_2.jpg

The mighty(or not so mighty) Oslo City FC! After i saw them get promoted,i googled them and found this on wikipeedia.

The club has also gotten some media attention because of its special style of play and his team have a great deal players with multi-cultural background

Since i haven't been able to find an enjoyable game on FM for a while,i have decided to give a go at this challenge.My new club is:

54775_N3_2.jpg

The mighty(or not so mighty) Oslo City FC! After i saw them get promoted,i googled them and found this on wikipeedia.

Good luck. This club has the potential to be big.

Sola board just announced the club is to turn professional with immediate effect and have given me a transfer budget of 1.2 million! Looks like I'm getting getting a nice portion of that bank loan.:D

If this had of happened the start of last season, I think it would have almost certainly saved us.

Congrats on going pro! When we turned pro, it wasn't in place till the end of the season but I got a transfer budget of about 6m thanks to Champions League stuff. It's a lovely moment!

And Tollnes have won the cup! 7-0 against Asker from 1. division.

I am delighted. Our first major trophy!

When it comes to the league? Sitting top, two points, two games to go. Rosenborg refuses to drop points, so I am sure I need to win both. But we are qualified for the CL, and won the cup, so this is a great season!

Always great to win your first trophy Taunton, well done, good luck in the Title race.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ManUtdFan viewpost-right.png

54775_N3_2.jpg

The mighty(or not so mighty) Oslo City FC! After i saw them get promoted,i googled them and found this on wikipeedia. The club has also gotten some media attention because of its special style of play and his team have a great deal players with multi-cultural background

Good luck with Oslo, great potential.:thup:

Congrats on going pro! When we turned pro, it wasn't in place till the end of the season but I got a transfer budget of about 6m thanks to Champions League stuff. It's a lovely moment!

Cheers Swinburn, It was nice.:D Doubt I'll spend any of that money this season though.

UUC - 2020/21 Northern Irish Prem Division

Table

What a difference a season makes. We squeezed past Apollon 6-3 on aggregate only to lose 9-5 on aggregate to Everton in the Euro cup qualifying rounds, which was an improvement.

In the league we suddenly decided that winning games consistently and by large margins was a fun thing to do, and as a result we have finally broken through linfields dominance and won the title. We get to get thrashed in the Champions League qualifiers next season.

We also won the All Ireland cup again this season, much to the surprise of the board who dont rate the competition, and our reserves side won the Intermediate cup. Always nice when your reserves earn a bit of money for the club without you noticing!

Career So Far

Season    Division     Pos   Points  Irish Cup   League Cup   Europe      Coeff     Achievments
2012/13   Second Div   6th   44      2nd R       1st R        n/a         n/a
2013/14   Second Div   6th   48      3rd R       2nd R        n/a         n/a
2014/15   Second Div   1st   61      2nd R       QF           n/a         n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2015/16   First Div    4th   43      3rd R       2nd R        n/a         n/a
2016/17   First Div    1st   52      5th R       2nd R        n/a         n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2017/18   Premier Div  6th   51      QF          QF           n/a         n/a
2018/19   Premier Div  3rd   65      SF          SF           n/a         n/a       All Ireland Cup Winners. 
2019/20   Premier Div  2nd   69      winner      SF           EC 2nd Q    0.850     Irish Cup Winner
2020/21   Premier Div  1st   85      QF          SF           EC 3rd Q              Champions. All Ireland Cup Winners

I should have a seasonal update tonight/tomorrow morning, but just wanted to share the panic that my chairman is "willing to listen to offers" for Sprimont. A local businessman has already failed at one takeover attempt. I hope I get lucky.

Great work on your first top flight title Gilbster, wishing you many more.

54775_N3_2.jpg

Oslo City FC - Season Review 2012

League Table

Didn't really know what to expect from this season,but my main priority was not to get relegated.Our start was amazing as we lost just 2 of our first 10 games(won the other 8 games),so i was quietly hoping,that maybe we can get promoted,but that wasn't ment to be.A few bad streaks saw us drop deeper in the standings and further behind eventual winners Tromsdalen.In the cup we lost to eventual winners Molde 0:3 at home in the 2nd round.Overall though i am pleased with our season and hopefully next season we can get promoted.

Best Players

Lassana Soares - If this lad can continue playing like this,the future is bright for our team.Best player.

Stian Colberg - Provided some vital assists down the right wing for us,best pick up this season for me.

Ilias El-Hafedi - Probably our best player,can play at both wings and as a striker,hoping for a bigger contribution next season.

Eivind Austbø - Partnered Soares quite well,probably will be Soares' partner next season also.

Players' stats

Goals for next season: Challenging for promotion again and improving the finances

Season  |       League       |  Position  |    Europe       |  Cup     | Achievement|Top Scorer      
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.4  |    2nd     |        -        | 2nd Round|            | Lassana Soares (21)     

Oh no , my game crashed and i never made a backup :( , rookie mistake.Really gutted and now i have to choose a new country.Any reccomendations ?

UUC - Premier Division Northern Ireland - 2021/22 End of Season Update

Table | Finance | Transfers

In no particular order the key things that happened this season:

UUC lost in final of All Ireland Cup to our old nemesis Linfield

UUC won in final of League Cup for first time ever

UUC get enough finances that board have said we can turn pro for start of next season

UUC cant beat Linfield in league, and we end up losing our title back to them by 7 points. Both of our teams are in a class above the rest of the field.

UUC sold a couple of players to Linfield for our biggest sales figures to help for the push to turn pro

UUC had to play 3 games in 3 days at start of march, and lost in 5th round of Irish cup as a result

UUC had massive fixture congestion for last 3 months of season, so amazed I hung onto 2nd place

UUC went on a rampage in Europe!!!!

So we started in the Champions League 2nd Qualifying round and were drawn against BATE. We beat them 7-5 on agg. In the next round we get Slovan Bratislava and we beat them 6-2 on agg. In the last of the Champions League qualifying rounds we get Maccabi Haifa. They are far far better than the norhern irish minnows and thrash us 6-2 on aggregate. This gives us a lovely paycheque for the champions league of over £1 mill and put us into the group stage of the Euro cup instead. If you want to lose any round it was this one, group stages either way!

Europa League Group Table - Leverkusen thrashed us but we got a draw and win against both Tottenham and Young Boys to squeeze 2nd place in a tough group to get us into the knockout rounds. First time we have been in a group stage and we get past it!

1st Knockout Round:

1st leg: UUC 3-1 Malaga

2nd leg: Malaga 4-2 UUC - UUC through on away goals

2nd Knockout Round:

1st Leg: Monaco 3-1 UUC

2nd Leg UUC 2-1 Monaco, so a narrow aggregate loss, if only they hadnt scored a consolation goal and we would have gone through. What an amazing season of european football

Aim:

Europa league group stage if possible

Get my title back

Work out what to do with massive squad when we turn pro and start begging for more scouting range

Career So Far

Season    Division     Pos   Points  Irish Cup   League Cup   Europe                    Coeff     Achievments
2012/13   Second Div   6th   44      2nd R       1st R        n/a                       n/a
2013/14   Second Div   6th   48      3rd R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a
2014/15   Second Div   1st   61      2nd R       QF           n/a                       n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2015/16   First Div    4th   43      3rd R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a
2016/17   First Div    1st   52      5th R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2017/18   Premier Div  6th   51      QF          QF           n/a                       n/a
2018/19   Premier Div  3rd   65      SF          SF           n/a                       n/a       All Ireland Cup Winners. 
2019/20   Premier Div  2nd   69      Winner      SF           EC 2nd Q                  0.850     Irish Cup Winner
2020/21   Premier Div  1st   85      QF          SF           EC 3rd Q                  1.174     Champions. All Ireland Cup Winners
2021/22   Premier Div  2nd   88      5th R       Winner       ECC 4th Q, EC 2nd Knock             League Cup Winners. AIC Runner Up.

royalsprimontcomblain.gif

Vurogj's Belgian mission | Sprimont | Belgian Pro League | 2017-18 Season

League : 1st | Progress chart | Fixtures

Championship playoff : Winner | Fixtures

Belgian Cup : Semi-finals

Champions League : 3rd in Group Stage | Fixtures

Europa League : Quarter Finals

Transfer report

Oh look, I have a feeder club, and no idea what the Belgian loan rules are. Suffice to say, a lot of those loanees didn't get any games. I need to work on my loaning/youth policy it seems. I also spent money for the first time ever, on a youth DL who won't be near the first team for a while, but is a model professional, and will qualify as home grown in three years. Largely though, I was filling holes in the squad. Bertram can play anywhere across the back, Peel covers both wings and up front, but the prize buy was Cissokho, on a free from PSG. Having a dedicated AML made a big difference this year.

Pathe Cissoko

Season report

League first, and it was a breeze. We won the title with 4 games to spare, mainly as the other teams in the championship group all beat each other. At the point we secured the title, the next 5 teams were split by one point.

The Belgian Cup became a victim of a lack of depth in defence, and the pesky home grown rules. I had to play unfit players in both legs, and Charleroi deserved their away goals win, but I'm not overly concerned about that competition.

Now for the fun stuff : Europe.

As champions, we entered at the group stage (but seeded 4th obviously), and with three teams left to draw, I was staring at two horror groups. Man City, Valencia and AC Milan in one, with Barcelona, Roma and Porto in the other. I got (relatively) lucky though, and drew OM, Bayern and Zenit, which I fancied we could get third in. A surprisingly dull 1-0 win at home to Zenit gave us a chance, and after a thrilling and hilarious 4-7 defeat at Bayern's Allianz-Arena, we toughed out third place by not being as bad as Zenit. Into the Europa League we go...

The Europa League draw was another of football's little jokes, giving us both a Turkish and Ukrainian team to play as I start the long quest to drag Belgium's coefficient up. Both teams we ripped apart at home, and clung on in the away leg. Sadly in the Quarter Final against Benfica, Johan Borup hauled down Nelson Oliviera on the edge of the box for a first half straight red, and we got murdered in the second half. Two goals in the last ten minutes at the Estadio da Luz only meant we failed on away goals rather than aggregate.

Squad report

It looks okay from here, certainly good enough to bully the domestic scene, but yikes, that's a lot of "Wnt" icons on the left. Doing well in Europe means more clubs are aware of us and our players now I guess. Solid ratings all round, except for the goalkeepers, which I know is the no. 1 area I have to attend to in the summer (especially as I already have 6 players coming in on frees for other positions). Home growns is still a slight issue, and no relief in sight. Contracts isn't a major worry, but Alejandro Rotundo has been grumbling about bigger clubs all year, and I might be forced into taking a big cash prize for him.

Some awards success to mention, Ghiles Mazari got the European Golden Boot last year, after I'd posted the update, and Mlungisi Morfou picked up African Striker of the Year. Mazari is in the provisional Belgian World Cup squad. Finally, having equalled Guillaume Legros' goals record from 4 years ago last season, Mazari broke it in style this year. Well done lad. Legros of course has now retired, but I kept my promise to keep him on the staff, and he's now a 1st team coach. With his departure, our oldest scorer went from 34 last season, to 23 this time round.

Ghiles Mazari

Mlungisi Morfou

Guillaume Legros

Short term plan from last season

"Facilities." Well, some progress here at least. Junior coaching, youth recruitment and youth facilities all saw improvements this season, and the board are currently working on the training facility upgrade they cancelled last year. This doesn't mean I'm not constantly asking for more of everything, especially as we are at 97% attendance this season.

Short term plan for next season

Not really a plan as much as a wish. Get past the group stages, and/or get a domestic double.

Other news

As I mentioned in an earlier post, our Chairman is willing to listen to offers. Bit of a shame really, I've liked him, he put money in to cover running costs in the lower leages, and hasn't said no to facility improvements often enough to annoy me. A local businessman has made one attempt at buying us, but failed.

On a personal note, I have entered the Belgium hall of fame, the first foreign born manager since Ernst Happel to do so.

Belgium in the world

I've done my part, beating Turks and Ukrainians, but Standard, Genk and Anderlecht all failed in their Europa League groups. In isolation, Belgium were 7th this year, but 16/17 was a dreadful year, and until that stain is gone, we are likely to be stuck around 10th/11th as a nation.

Season	Div  Place  Cup    C.League    Europa    Other                     Pro League rank  Belgium coeff. Sprimont coeff.
2012-13 3A   1st    4th    N/A         N/A       Promoted as champions     19th             11th           N/A
2013-14 2    3rd    6th    N/A         N/A       2nd in promotion playoff  16th             10th           N/A
2014-15 2    2nd    WON    N/A         N/A       Promoted through playoff  14th             10th           N/A
2015-16 1    9th    S/F    N/A         4th Qual                            11th             10th           N/A
2016-17 1    1st    Final  N/A         N/A       Champions!                10th             11th           N/A
2017-18 1    1st    S/F    3rd in grp  Q/F                                 14th             11th           180th

As well as turning Pro, I have been given the ability to scout the entire world. So thank you board, of course as is always the case I find, when turning pro there is nowhere near enough wage budget for at least 1 season to deal with all the improved contracts so will only let players that I really want to keep go pro initially.

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Season 2015-16 Update

'Scuse the lack of a summer transfer update from last August, I ended up continuing past the window and then just decided not to post one. But here's a summary of how our first season in top flight Slovenian football went:

Bit rubbish.

Something seemed to be missing in the first half of the season. We found it incredibly difficult to pick up points wherever we went, and I think it might have been down to the players not quite gelling in time. A huge overhaul of the squad last summer meant we emerged from August with arguably better players, but a worse team. Anyway, for a while at least, we kept Kalcer Radomjle behind us. It didn't last forever though. Once we hit bottom, there was no coming back. Despite our incredible run at the end of the season, it was not enough to escape relegation, and even Radomjle managed to sneak above Mura 05, leaving them in the relegation playoff.

That set of results meant that the final 7 games brought us 17 points. The 29 games that came before produced a mere 16. Relegation had already been confirmed before that run, so it didn't mean a lot.

Note how close it is at the top - Olimpija knock Maribor off their perch, after the latter won the previous three seasons.

|| Table | Graph ||

Since no transfer update came, here's a run down of the squad as it looks at the moment. It really is a very different team to the one that last competed in the Second League.

-----------------------------

GK - Jasmin Dizdarevic - A free transfer from August, in to replace a keeper who's annoyed me for some time now.

DR - Janez Zupancic - Got this man in during October last year, ending my lengthy search for some decent full backs.

DCR - Zan Cankar - With me from the start, sadly he will leave in just a few days. He's been a good player for us.

DCL - Ivan Filipovic - Signed two years ago, good defender, will continue to play for a few years at least.

DL - Dusan Pribyl - Another capture from October of 2015. My assistant is very keen on this youngster, tipping him to become a leading First Div full back.

DMCR - Marko Kovjenic - This 23 year old came in last July, and has been decent.

DMCL - Giga Gogitidze - A young midfielder, and a pretty good talent. He also gets the award for my favourite name in the team.

MC - Dusan Novak - This boy is a very good player, and is still young. I'm hoping for big things in the future from him.

STCR - Goran Zinic - I have to admit, this 20 year old isn't one of my favourite players. He doesn't seem to play well, but he gets amongst the goals. So he plays.

STC - Roman Leschenko - A January signing, and probably my favourite player in the squad. I'm not entirely sure why, but he is one who can only get better.

STCL - Gregor Sculac - Got this guy on deadline day last year, and he's had a steady season. Nothing spectacular, but no-one was this season.

-----------------------------

9 players in that squad were not here this time last year. A season of complete overhaul has amounted to nothing much. Our new all-seater stadium and a Professional status is all we can take from our experience in the top flight, but I am hoping that a year of team-building in the Second League will allow us to come back next year a lot stronger. And older. That starting 11 has an average age of 22.5.

|| Transfers | Finances | Confidence ||

It's Euro 2016 time, and Slovenia managed to draw a group with Germany, Poland and Czech Republic. A close group, and Slovenia missed out on goals scored. But the handy new Euro format meant they progressed to the round of 16, where they faced Poland..... Again. A shootout win means Slovenia will now face Norway in the quarter finals. Exciting times.

England, meanwhile, face Ireland in a last-8 that contains three home nations, the other being Northern Ireland.

To finish off, a quick point about coefficients. Slovenia continue to move up the coefficient table, and they're now looking pretty secure around the 23rd - 24th mark. Maribor have so far failed to get through a Europa League group, having always been eliminated from the Champions League qualifiers. This year sees the turn of Olimpija. Lets hope they can keep winning games.

Next season: Win the league to come straight back up.

Season  |          League           |  Position  |  Europe  |       Cup       |       Achievement     | Top Scorer   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16   |   Slovenian First League  |  10th/10   |    -     |    2nd Round    |       Relegated       | Miran Cavnik (11)
14/15   |  Slovenian Second League  |   1st/10   |    -     |    1st Round    | Promoted as Champions | Tim Ceh (15)
13/14   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |  Quarter Final  |    Highest Scorers    | Mitja Barboric (13)        
12/13   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |        -        |        Survival       | Mitja Barboric (7)

Dromara Village have near perfect season

Last Updated: June 19, 2018 06:36

Dromara Village supporters are celebrating a fantastic season that included winning the league, Irish Cup, League Cup, All-Ireland Cup and reaching the Champions League 1st Knockout Round.

Club Info | Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2) (3) | Table | Position Graph | Champions League Group Standings | Cup Fixtures (1) (2) | Confidence | Finances

Key Player: Martin Flottman

Season Overview

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7430974&viewfull=1#post7430974"]2012/13[/url]         Championship 2        1st               Promoted - Champions 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7431884&viewfull=1#post7431884"]2013/14[/url]         Championship 1        1st               Promoted - Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7436731&viewfull=1#post7436731"]2014/15[/url]         Premiership           11th              Avoided Relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7436736&viewfull=1#post7436736"]2015/16[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, League Cup Winners, County Antrim Shield Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7441926&viewfull=1#post7441926"]2016/17[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, Irish Cup Winners, All-Ireland Cup Winners, Champions League Groups (3rd),
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7452146&viewfull=1#post7452146"]2017/18[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, Irish Cup Winners, All-Ireland Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, 
                                                       Champions League 1st Knockout Round

Related

Dromara Village dominate in Northern Ireland

Last Updated: June 19, 2019 06:46

Dromara Village capped off yet another fantastic season by winning everything possible in Ireland, and progressing to the semi finals of the Europa League after getting 3rd in the Champions League groups.

Transfers | Squad (1) (2) (3) | Table | Champions League Group Standings | Cup Fixtures (1) (2) (3) | Confidence | Finances

Key Player: Zine El Abidine Berbache

Season Overview

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7452146&viewfull=1#post7452146"]2017/18[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, Irish Cup Winners, All-Ireland Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, 
                                                       Champions League 1st Knockout Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7452152&viewfull=1#post7452152"]2018/19[/url]         Premiership           1st               Champions, Irish Cup Winners, All-Ireland Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, 
                                                       County Antrim Shield Winners, Champions League Groups (3rd), 
                                                       Europa League Semi Finalists

Related

Excellent work Swinburn, any chance of a look at Chris Hegarty's profile/career stats please? He seems to be playing an enormous number of games for you.

He sure has. Very fit and consistent player Hegarty has been over the years. The career stats don't even show how many games he's played in total. In the 5/6 years he's been at the club, he's played 290 games in all competitions, 180 in the league. His injury record is great, with only 3 in his time at Dromara (6 weeks for a broken arm, a day for a cold and 12 days for a sprained wrist). Until this season, he's been the only non-regen player in the squad for a long long time. My only concern is that he's wanting to move to a bigger club and those 'bigger clubs' (we're Champions League consistently!) are coming in, such as Racing. I'm grooming new defender Richard Hendry as his replacement, giving Chris less and less games over time.

Profile | Career Stats

UUC - 2022/23 End of Season Update

Table | Finance | Transfers | Top Scorer | Player of the Year

Students win the quadruple! - League, League Cup, Irish Cup and All Irish Cup!!!

With a season like that I think the move to professional was justified. However European qualifiers came too soon into the seaosn and although we were seeded for the first 2 qualifying rounds, we lost big time to Stade Rennais in the 4th qualifying round. Ah well back to champions league qualifiers for next season.

I have managed to get the board to agree to upgrade the training facilites which is useful, and being able to scout the whole world is fantastic. Just need to get in more and better staff, and wrap up some mroe pro contracts for my players.

I could do with signing a better back up keeper and ideally a better striker for next season, otherwise I'm currently very happy with the squad. That being said I will continue to search for improvements as I find the talent, and then Linfield poaches it!

Career So Far

Season    Division     Pos   Points  Irish Cup   League Cup   Europe                    Coeff     Achievments
2012/13   Second Div   6th   44      2nd R       1st R        n/a                       n/a
2013/14   Second Div   6th   48      3rd R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a
2014/15   Second Div   1st   61      2nd R       QF           n/a                       n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2015/16   First Div    4th   43      3rd R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a
2016/17   First Div    1st   52      5th R       2nd R        n/a                       n/a       Champions and Promoted. 
2017/18   Premier Div  6th   51      QF          QF           n/a                       n/a
2018/19   Premier Div  3rd   65      SF          SF           n/a                       n/a       All Ireland Cup Winners. 
2019/20   Premier Div  2nd   69      Winner      SF           EC 2nd Q                  0.850     Irish Cup Winner
2020/21   Premier Div  1st   85      QF          SF           EC 3rd Q                  1.174     Champions. All Ireland Cup Winners
2021/22   Premier Div  2nd   88      QF          Winner       ECC 4th Q, EC 2nd Knock   10.925    League Cup Winners. AIC Runner Up.
2022/23   Premier Div  1st   101     Winner      Winner       EC 4th Q                            Domestic Quadruple

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Season 2016-17 Update

Relegation last year meant we returned to Second League football, and it wasn't the walk in the park I was hoping for. Mura 05 lost their relegation playoff at the end of last year, meaning they too were relegated. That made for a more difficult season and Mura 05 went on to win the title. It became clear that the playoff was all I could hope for, but it was not to be. A very disappointing 4th in the league leaves me to trawl through yet another season in this division, and the future is not looking bright.

Already, three of my best players have been poached after refusing to sign new deals. I fear that next season, with us staying in the division, my long list of expiring players will also want to leave, and I'll be back to square one.

But for now, let us focus on the 16/17 season. We started quite well, with 9 wins from our first 12 league games. But it all went downhill after that, and with the smallest squad I've had during the entire game, international call-ups, injuries and suspensions took their toll. A very disappointing end to the league campaign.

|| Table | Graph ||

On the other hand, there was the cup. The joys of the cup. During our cup run, we faced three First League sides, as well as Mura 05. Not easy. The 1st round saw us put up against Aluminij, one of my least favourite teams to play against. A nice 3-2 win saw us through, though. The 2nd round drew us with Nafta, First League regulars. This one went to penalties, but we triumphed 7-6 with new signing Jan Pahor scoring the winning penalty. Mura 05 came in the quarter finals. They always have been a very difficult team, but at their place we won 2-1, and then 3-1 in the return leg. Quite a shock, at the time.

And then we move on to the Semis. Interblock were the only thing between us and the final, and we again played the first leg away. Sadly, we could only manage a 2-1 defeat. It left things all to play for back at Portoval, though. However, 4 days before the second leg, we faced the very same team at home in the league. A 3-0 loss filled the camp with pessimism, and when the day finally came around, I wasn't expecting much.

I've learnt my lesson now though. Krka romped to a 7-0 victory over Interblock, seeing us into the final of the Slovenian Cup, 8-2 on aggregate.

And who would now stand in our way? Our opponents came in the shape of Koper, a top division side. In fact, they are now known as Slovenian champions. So, lowly Krka had no chance in this game.

Oops.

With that, we look forward to the prospect of Europa League next season. But I honestly don't think we're ready. I won't be doing Slovenia's coefficient any favours by playing in Europe, put it that way. Hopefully we can attract some good players in the summer to prepare us.

|| Cup run ||

Last summer saw virtually no activity in the transfer market; I only signed a reserve keeper and sold who was my backup at the time. Also, Zan Cankar was replaced before the window started by Jan Pahor, above. Apart from that, the squad remained unchanged.

Our only right-back got injured during a game in September, so I tried to find anyone capable of playing there in his place for the next few games. Enter Aleksander Zukic, signed just hours before the game, who only went and scored on his debut.

We are looking stronger financially. The board, who I'm quite fond of, provided a number of cash injections throughout the season to keep us steady, and we actually made a profit this season. My only annoyance is that they still refuse to let my scouts venture further than Eastern Europe and Croatia. Surely the prospect of European football will convince them?

|| Transfers | Finances | Confidence ||

Player of the season: Goran Zinic - I can't give this to anyone else. 21 goals in all competitions is brilliant, and despite my dislike for him last season, I can't help but admire him now.

Top Goalscorer: Goran Zinic - His 21 goals were unmatched. Tim Ceh gave it a good go with 14, but Zinic was unstoppable.

Pick of the season: Giga Gogitidze - Still loving the name, and he's not bad at football either. Unfortunately, he will leave in a day or two, after refusing to even discuss a contract.

Slovenia didn't manage to get a team to the Europa League group stage this year, so our coefficients took a hit. We slip to 24th.

Next season: Promotion is a must. I need to try to hang on to every one of my players at the moment, otherwise I'll be going into the First League in no better a position than two years ago. In Europe, I'd like to win a game. And get some money.

Season  |          League           |  Position  |  Europe  |       Cup       |       Achievement     | Top Scorer   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17   |  Slovenian Second League  |   4th/10   |    -     |     Winners     |          Cup          | Goran Zinic (21)
15/16   |  Slovenian First League   |   10th/10  |    -     |    2nd Round    |       Relegated       | Miran Cavnik (11)
14/15   |  Slovenian Second League  |   1st/10   |    -     |    1st Round    | Promoted as Champions | Tim Ceh (15)
13/14   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |  Quarter Final  |    Highest Scorers    | Mitja Barboric (13)        
12/13   |  Slovenian Second League  |   8th/10   |    -     |        -        |        Survival       | Mitja Barboric (7)

Just a quickie to give people a laugh at both me and one of my players. I mentioned Alejandro Rotundo's grumblings about wanting to play for a bigger club, and with less than a year on his contract, he steadfastly refused to even let his agent sit down with me. I decided enough was enough, and offered him out for £5 Million (his value at the time was about £1.5M, not bad for a player in his last year). Sure enough, a whole bunch of teams (26 altogether) came a calling, the vast majority bidding... £2.1 Million. Strange, so I looked closer. Ooops, guess who left a foreign club minimum fee release clause in Rotundo's contract? (This is where you laugh at me). Rotundo had a choice to make, and what a choice he made. In his determination to better himself and fly at the highest pinnacle of his talent, he opted for... Standard Liege.

The Standard that came 5th and 2nd behind us in the last two seasons, that haven't only won one Champions League match in the last 5 years (against Vitoria Plizen), that haven't made a Belgian Cup final since my career started. Sure, they have a higher reputation than Sprimont (they are 2nd in Belgium, we are 4th), but really Alejandro, that was very dumb indeed, and I will enjoy making you suffer torment every time we play you.

Our first foray into Europe has been cut short, when we were drawn against SK Rapid Wien in the third qualifying round of the Europa League. We flew to Austria for the first leg, where we nabbed a crucial away goal, after being awarded a penalty late on. Rapid Wien equalised though, soon after and we came back to Portoval the following week for the return leg. Unfortunately, our squad is looking pretty weak at the moment, and injuries to good players did not help. 2-1 was the score in the home fixture, putting Wien through, 3-2 on aggregate. They have gone on to make the group stages. Maribor, the most reputable Slovenian club, have also reached that stage, giving Slovenia's coefficient a nice boost. They will face Sporting Lisbon, Celtic and Standard in their group.

One other point to make is that I have already added to my trophy cabinet, with a good Super Cup victory over Koper, 3-2 AET. No prize money there, but I did take 147K from the Europa League, as well as a record gate receipt of 9K. Joyous times.

As my first attempt managing a lower league team I didn't really know what to expect. Berchem, who were returning to Third Division A for the first time since the 08/09 season having been languishing in the lower leagues were predicted a modest 7th by the media. With a decent sized stadium, and financial security, I felt that I could achieve this, maybe even greater things.

I've never actually played with attribute masking on (Sorry!) as I like to search for players myself, I did find it hard to rely on my scouts and to get them searching for players! But I feel like I signed some decent players, with a personal first of having no transfer budget to spend, but a decent wage allowance.

Transfers |

As for the season itself, it was a very inconsistant season, with the only consistancy coming towards the end of the season when Berchem were on their worst run of form! I finished a respectable 3rd place, but then lost 6-3 on aggregate on the promotion play-offs, which I was pretty disappointed at. However by this time, my squads morale was shot to pieces and I didn't know what to do to get it back. probably didn't help that I was tinkering and trying to find something that worked that could have pushed us that little bit further and got promotion!

Final Table | Positions | (Most) Results, just to highlight the bad run of form at the end! | Confidence

My best signing (And top Goalscorer) would have to be Dieter Meulenyzer, who without his goals and 7 assists, we might not have done as well!

honourable mention has to go to Nicolas Birti, who was my most consistant performer at rb, and a solid penalty taker!

Overall, I'm happy with my first season with Berchem, hopefully they are with me too! Although it was frustrating when we were on that awful run of form towards the end of the season. Next season I'm going to be pushing for promotion again, hopefully with a better goalkeeper, and some creativity and pace on the wings to help out!!

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2022 - Norwegian Premier division

Table (2nd)

That was agonizingly close. Us and Rosenborg were far better than the rest, but Rosenborg outscored us for the title. It seems that they will be my nemesis in this game, and I don't know how to get past them. I can't rely on the other teams in the league, because they drop points against Rosenborg every time.

But, none the less, a very good season. We are qualified for the Champions league, and we won the cup!

The cup is big in Norway, and it is every boy's big dream to lift the cup at Ullevaal stadium. Our first major trophy. That tasted good.

The squad is getting better and better, and I have invested in some norwegian talent that I hope will flourish in the next seasons.

We crashed out of Europa league against AZ from Holland, but we dominated both games. It was a matter of inexperience that made us go out. I am optimistic that we can do better next season. And hopefully make some money along the way.

I also won manager of the year again.

Best player and top scorer: Tomasz Frankowski, just getting better and better. Broke the club record this year and have signed a new contract. A very important player for us.

Economy: Good. But I hope we can get more income so we can afford some much needed upgrades to our facilities.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 475.000 p/w (285.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 17 mill. Nkr p/w (15 mill. Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 4260 (3663)

Players in: 9 (9)

Players out: 4 ( 12 )

Aim for next year is to finally get our hands on that league trophy.

(EL = Europa league.)

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)
2019   |  Prem.   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (17)
2020   |  Prem.   |    12[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 3.rnd   |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (11)
2021   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Q-final |    N/A     |  Tomasz Frankowski     (19)
2022   |  Prem.   |    2[sUP]nd[/sUP]    | Winners | EL  3. rnd |  Tomasz Frankowski     (24)

Agonizing is the right word, Taunton. Good luck next season.

I've managed to tie down the majority of my players for another year or two, but I still have 6 players who refuse to enter talks, or ask for terms that are way above what my board will allow. A contract has been offered to Miran Cavnik, the only player left who has been with me from the start. He's still got years left in him, too. A minor upside is that I receive £120,000 compensation if he agrees to move to Mura 05, but to be honest, I'd rather keep him at the club.

I can't afford to lose Goran Zinic, either. His goals keep us near the top of the table and we would miss him a lot. No contract offers in yet for him, but when they do, I'm not sure if I qualify for compensation, given that his agent refuses to discuss terms.

My left-back, Dusan Pribyl would also be missed, he's a solid defender and he's looking bright for the future.

That relegation has really done its damage to the club. Hoping I can hold on to as many of those players as possible, but it isn't looking good.

Update: I've lost all three of them. They all agreed contracts elsewhere and will leave in July. Cavnik is the only player I get compensation for, but £120,000 is a sizeable sum.

This had led to me taking a different approach to finding players. Could I clarify that, if an agent offers me their client in an attempt to find him a club, I may sign him without needing a scout report? Like this? It's just I've done a few now, and it would be a little awkward if I wasn't meant to.

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to give it a go. My country of choice was Norway and after two reloads i found a club with a likable name.

54775_N3_2.jpg

Oslo City FC

We play in the Second Division Group 4 of Norwegian football.

The home games are played at Furuset Kunstgress, which has synthetic surface - old and hard. So other teams won't love coming there I guess.

This team has got some media attention in Norway in recent years, as it is a team of immigrants from Africa that has progressed swiftly from Level 8 to the Third Division. They have also gotten some attention for their special way of playing. :)

This is a very interesting read about the club.

I will focus on keeping the African heritage of the club alive and mostly buy Africans, although there may be some Norwegian players involved as well.

Looking forward to this :D

Cheers, maisonjaune. Hope you will get promoted, even with the setbacks. When it comes to signing players that you are being offered, I think irl managers do both. Some listen to and trust the agent, others will scout or have the player on a trial. So I think it is up to you. But it can be a gamble if you haven't scouted the player.

dj clark boy, good luck in Croatia. Hope you are at the sunny coast.:)

UUC - 2023/24 Northern Irish Prem Division

Table

The Students win the quadruple for the second season running - League, League Cup, Irish Cup and All Irish Cup

During the season I requested a new stadium, and have been told we can move in, in june 2026 to a 2050 all seater stadium, much better than our 500 capacity stadidum.

Our training facility upgrade was completed

I have a revolving door of players, some come in, others want to leave, I keep winnning in the league so not too bothered yet!

In Europe we beat Derry City, Ullisses and then Sparta Prague to make it to the Champion league group stage for the first time. We were drawn into a group with Marseille, Inter Milan and Rangers, and I'm glad to say all the score lines were respectable and we did beat Rangers 2-1 at home. If we had managed at least a draw at Ibrox we would have gone into the Euro cup, but that wasnt to be this season. But respectable scorelines is encouraging.

Next season I want to get to ideally CL groups again and if not EURO Cup groups.

Career So Far

2021/22   Premier Div  2nd   88      QF          Winner       ECC 4th Q, EC 2nd Knock   10.925    League Cup Winners. AIC Runner Up.
2022/23   Premier Div  1st   101     Winner      Winner       EC 4th Q                  14.799    Domestic Quadruple
2023/24   Premier Div  1st   98      Winner      Winner       ECL Group Stage                     Domestic Quadruple

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Season 2017-18 Update

Wow, what a season. Excuse me if this update is on the chunky side, but there is a fair bit to report on.

As I mentioned earlier, the season kicked off with the Slovenian Super Cup, back in mid-July. A victory after extra time gave us a nice confidence boost heading into the campaign. After several more friendlies, the third qualifying round for the Europa League came around, but after drawing in Austria, we could not hold out against SK Rapid Wien, and succumbed to them 3-2 on aggregate. The £147K prize money gave the bank a nice boost, however.

The league began late in August, and we made a promising start, going unbeaten in 5 matches. Similar good runs followed, interspersed with the odd loss. At the winter break it seemed that Aluminij and Interblock would be too strong to overcome, and I would be destined for yet another season in Second League football. Losing to Aluminij just before the break did not help our chances. But as the season got going again, we hit good form, but annoyingly drew against both Interblock and Aluminij in the final round of fixtures. Recently relegated Aluminij proved too difficult to catch, so we could only hope for the playoff. Interblock dropped enough points for us to get ahead of them, and we secured the 2nd place spot we needed to give us a slight chance of promotion.

Our opponents in the playoff would be Rudar Velenje, and our history against them gave us no indication of who might triumph, with 5 points apiece. But before we could set about achieving promotion, we had other things to deal with...

Another good cup run saw us quickly progress through the early stages, where we were given easier teams than last year to play against. Non-league Kamnik and Zavrc came in the second round and quarter finals, after we'd beaten Interblock 2-0 in round 1.

The semi-final was a different prospect, though. Olimpija, First League champions from a few years ago would aim to take our title away from us, but two tidy 1-0 victories saw us through to a consecutive cup final. The game would be played four days after the final league fixture, and just three before our playoff first leg. Goalkeeper Jasmin Dizdarevic was recalled from international duty for this run of games.

I don't recall ever shouting at my computer before today, but when you're 2-1 up against Celje in the final of the cup, with 3 minutes added on at the end, and they have the cheek to go and score at 93:23, I simply exploded. For one thing, that's just heart-breaking, and another, extra time was the last thing I needed with an important playoff in a few days. Extra time ended 2-2, and my nerves were truly tested in the shootout that followed. We would take kicks first, and when we missed our fourth, it seemed all over. But Celje too missed their 4th penalty, and after both scoring again, sudden death ensued. Penalty number 6 was missed for us, but our keeper saved the very next penalty, to keep the shootout going. The 8th set of penalties saw us score and Celje miss, which meant we took the cup home for the second year running.

Cue celebrations.

And then we took the trip to Rudar Velenje, where, after going 1-0 down, an 80th minute own goal gave us a good draw to take back to Portoval. It didn't make much difference in the end, after we crushed them 5-1 at home. That means we will get First League football again next season.

Cue celebrations.

An incredibly long and difficult season, which spanned from 15th July to 12th June, but we've come through with a lot to show for ourselves. John Mason has now entered the Hall of Fame, the only foreign manager in the Slovenia table.

|| Table | Graph | Cup run ||

There were too many transfers this season for me to report on fully; they were mostly youngsters I bought to bulk up the squad, without too much expense. Here are some of the significant ones:

Octavio Castelblanco - A Colombian midfielder who was offered to me by his agent. He looks decent, and has performed well with the few chances he's had.

Roberto Acosta - Signed this lad to give Octavio a friend to talk to, after he had to go back to Colombia twice 'cause he couldn't settle. Uruguayan striker, hasn't impressed me too much so far.

Mircea Mariş - A midfielder from Romania, he looks ... Determined.

My defence is starting to look wobbly again, I will hope to strengthen in the summer.

|| Transfers ||

Player of the season: Miran Cavnik - He bows out of the club after a fantastic season. A total of 17 goals and 9 assists makes him one of our all time greats, and he's only 22. He is the last player to have been at the club since before I took over.

Top goalscorer: Goran Zinic - Another young player who will now leave, but with 24 goals this season, he leaves us as a hero. He will take some replacing.

Player to note: Roman Simonov - This right winger is looking promising, and has performed well in the 4 starts he's made for the club. Unfortunately, our current formation doesn't accomodate his position, and I, being stubborn, am unlikely to change it. I might just sell him off for money at some point.

Another profit this season, and the board couldn't be happier with how things have went. I have become a club Icon this season, which of course brought a tear to the eye.

|| Finances | Confidence | Club Information ||

Next season: Stay up. Get to the fourth qualifying round of the Europa League.

17/18   |  Slovenian Second League  |   2nd/10   | EL 3rd Q |     Winners     |   Promoted, Cup win   | Goran Zinic (24)
16/17   |  Slovenian Second League  |   4th/10   |    -     |     Winners     |          Cup          | Goran Zinic (21)
15/16   |  Slovenian First League   |   10th/10  |    -     |    2nd Round    |       Relegated       | Miran Cavnik (11)

Archived