Eredivisie 2008/2009 - Sponsored by McDonald's, McDuck and McClaren

Roger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like you, dude :D

Why do you root for ADO?

:*)

Best mates half dutch, his family live over by ado, his uncle is a bit of a nutter, been banned 3 or 4 times, not sure if that's normal or not for an ado fan because they all look nuts over there. :D Been over a few times to watch them with my mate. Going over at christmas for a couple of games aswell due to their being no christmas break now is there? :thup:

Ado den haag ole ole!

:*)

Best mates half dutch, his family live over by ado, his uncle is a bit of a nutter, been banned 3 or 4 times, not sure if that's normal or not for an ado fan because they all look nuts over there. :D Been over a few times to watch them with my mate. Going over at christmas for a couple of games aswell due to their being no christmas break now is there? :thup:

Ado den haag ole ole!

You like ADO because you know someone whose uncle is an ADO hooligan? Er.... :D

Perez is still a good addition to the Ajax squad.
No because I've been over with him to see them a few times so like them more than any other team in Holland and look out for their results.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing mate. Are you from Cardiff? You went to the Cardiff - Ajax game? I heard the atmosphere was pretty great.

Nothing mate. Are you from Cardiff? You went to the Cardiff - Ajax game? I heard the atmosphere was pretty great.

Yeh, yeh it was a good atmosphere for a friendly. It was great banter with the Ajax fans. You support Ajax? I was sat in the corner next to them, there was about 300 of them, giving the old bill the run about round the stand. The Cardiff fans were egging them on, it was only banter really, but they ran to the one side of the stand, to get at the Cardiff fans seperated by a wall in the same stand, about 50 police ran there, then they all turned round and ran to the stand where I was sitting as if to get at us so then the police pegged it back to the other side of the stand.Nothing major was gunna happen really, it was mainly banter between the two sets of fans but the police thought they were trying to kick off, It was a great laugh. Then 'pass the dutchie' came on at half time, and they were all grooving along to it and started doing the conga. It was brilliant.

Yeh, yeh it was a good atmosphere for a friendly. It was great banter with the Ajax fans. You support Ajax? I was sat in the corner next to them, there was about 300 of them, giving the old bill the run about round the stand. The Cardiff fans were egging them on, it was only banter really, but they ran to the one side of the stand, to get at the Cardiff fans seperated by a wall in the same stand, about 50 police ran there, then they all turned round and ran to the stand where I was sitting as if to get at us so then the police pegged it back to the other side of the stand.Nothing major was gunna happen really, it was mainly banter between the two sets of fans but the police thought they were trying to kick off, It was a great laugh. Then 'pass the dutchie' came on at half time, and they were all grooving along to it and started doing the conga. It was brilliant.

Hahaha, sounds like fun. And yeah I support Ajax, I wasn't at the match though.

• SI Staff

Perez was much better than Siem. They are however not same position player so incomparable.

You are right though, Perez is past his peak and De Jong could still improve. Perez would still be very good to the team. I wouldn't gamble on Siem de Jong just yet. He's OK, but he's definitely not a star yet. COULD be his season this year. Interesting team around him, apart from the poor defense.

With the amount of trouble makers in the team already though, why not keep Perez?

Huntelaar, Suarez, Sulejmani, Perez, Aissati... they aren't exactly easy characters

van Marwijk is now officially a nepotist a55hole of the worst kind until he forces me to review my opinion somehow. He immediately called up his overrated arrogant talentless elbowing **** of a son-in-law back in Oranje.:thdn::thdn::thdn::thdn:

Perez was much better than Siem. They are however not same position player so incomparable.

You are right though, Perez is past his peak and De Jong could still improve. Perez would still be very good to the team. I wouldn't gamble on Siem de Jong just yet. He's OK, but he's definitely not a star yet. COULD be his season this year. Interesting team around him, apart from the poor defense.

With the amount of trouble makers in the team already though, why not keep Perez?

Huntelaar, Suarez, Sulejmani, Perez, Aissati... they aren't exactly easy characters

Perez is worse though it seems. He already started complaining in the media when Ajax bought Aissati.

The truth is, with the character he is, we don't need him. We have Aissati, De Jong, Sarpong, Sulejmani, Kennedy, Van der Heijden and even Suarez who can play his position.

Lots of talent for that position + Perez going downhill + Perez not the type of person to sit on the bench = Perez out.

• SI Staff
van Marwijk is now officially a nepotist a55hole of the worst kind until he forces me to review my opinion somehow. He immediately called up his overrated arrogant talentless elbowing **** of a son-in-law back in Oranje.:thdn::thdn::thdn::thdn:

Van Bommel and Seedorf have belonged in Oranje for ages. Brilliant move by Van Marwijk.

Happy to have Van Bommel back. Good worker, good passer, good shooter and great free kicks. No let's hope Camperboymarriedtoawhore never gets another freekick.

hello dutch people. from our local paper:

Boro are very keen on a young Dutch defender, so far unnamed, who has been identified by the club’s expanding scouting network.

any idea who that could be? would be a right-back I'd imagine, any rising stars who we could be interested in?

hello dutch people. from our local paper:

any idea who that could be? would be a right-back I'd imagine, any rising stars who we could be interested in?

Young Dutch rightbacks:

Tom Hiariej (FC Groningen)

Leroy Fer (Feyenoord)

Jens Janse (Willem II)

Emannuel Boakye (Heracles)

Other talented rightbacks Zuiverloon and Janmaat have just been transferred.

I think only Hiariej would fit the profile tbh. But I haven't heard anything about this rumour tbh.

If you hear anything more about a position or club, that would be useful.

Paul Verhaegh is a name being banded around on our forums. Vitesse captain? might not be a right back.

He is a rightback, 24 years old iirc. He's quite alright, has played some matches in Holland u21 I think. Could be a useful signing for Boro.

also, serginho greene has been mentioned.

Don't think he's good enough tbh, he makes too many mistakes.

Some news for today.

Contrary to the earlier diagnose, the foot of Makaay is broken. His Summer Olympics campaign is clearly over and it's possible that he'll miss the start of the season as well. He was injured in the match against Nigeria.

Van Marwijk has called Van Bommel back to the national team after two "sabbatical" years for the friendly match against Russia on Wednesday.

Still rate Van Bommel as a great midfielder.

Vitesse aren't ready to let Verhaegh go two weeks before the start of the competition.

Guess this is bad news for the fans of Middlesbrough.

Makaay: figures. Playing for Feyenoord has never made any player better.

van Bommel: figures. No matter how sh[t, papa-in-law can't not call him up, can he?

Verhaegh: figures. Despite being no-hopers, Vitas still act like primadonnas and deny a player a decent move in the process.

I love pouring bile :D

The Netherlands squad to face Russia.

Afellay (PSV), Van Bronckhorst, De Cler and Timmer (Feyenoord), Huntelaar and Stekelenburg (Ajax), De Zeeuw (AZ)

Van Bommel (Bayern), Boulahrouz (Stuttgart), Engelaar (Schalke), De Jong and Mathijsen (Hamburg)

Heitinga (Atlético), Robben and Van der Vaart (Real)

Kuyt (Liverpool), Ooijer (Blackburn), Van Persie (Arsenal)

Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic)

• SI Staff

Only for the right price, but Bradley already said he wants to leave at the end of last season - Heerenveen will look to sell him, but they've grown into quite a business-savvy team in the past seasons and will look for a good price.

van Bommel atrocious. Just too arrogant to defend. Out, dammit!
LOL

'Van Bommel was een van de toonzetters', vond het AD. 'Hij zorgde voor wat extra power en duelkracht op het middenveld.'

Isn't he the next national team captain?

Any of you Eredivisie watchers, rate AZ's Pocognoli?

A few clubs are interested and apparently very promising, but he is better attacking than defending

Yeah, I also think about it. He's more a wing back.

LOL

'Van Bommel was een van de toonzetters', vond het AD. 'Hij zorgde voor wat extra power en duelkracht op het middenveld.'

He didn't (couldn't or refused, whatever) defend. Like always. Oh well, he'll be out of half the matches anyway. Yellows galore for the dorty cant.

• SI Staff

He's the only definite for me now... now that God van der Sar has retired.

OK, maybe Van Bommel and Van Preppy...

Van Bommel played the role of controlling midfielder and that is what he did. Including defensive tasks. Your jadedness makes you unable to see it. That is fine - we'll keep on battling for the remainder of.... this thread. or Van Bommel's career.. or time :D

Pocognoli: Yes, good player... quite decent already and still many means to improve. He's a started for AZ but they are offering the possibility of him looking for a bigger team.

Archived