FM2012 is too easy

Last season Man Utd won 23, drew 11 and lost just 4 matches. I think it would be good to see what your end of season club statistics. This may allow a better understanding of how you are doing - Thanks

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course it is - how will they apply the difficuly, bullets cause more or less health damage?

So you you would rather have the option to spend your wages on hookers and cars ...... bull.

As I said in my last post it is not a good idea I agree but my original post is in reply to somone claiming this to be the worste idea ever .... and once again... no it really isnt.

This is not easy, it is supereasy. Period!

3 saves started with Wigan, WBA and Swansea, pick and play squad; not a single player sold or bought.

Played a bit more than half season up to 31st January, all 3 of them, top of the league all of them: Wigan top by 3 points from 2nd Chelsea, WBA 7 points from 2nd Man U, and Swansea 1 point from 2nd Man City.

Never happen before in FM history. Aaaaaaaaarrrrghhhh, the pleasure to challenge with small teams and guide them to success is gone.

Speaking with guys like you is a pleasure and you shows a shining intelligence.

We disagree but I hope this thread will be always populated by people like you.

Yeah we do disagree but this is a forum for discussions. I don't automatically dislike everyone I disagree with, I can see where you were coming from with your views.

3 saves started with Wigan, WBA and Swansea, pick and play squad; not a single player sold or bought.

Played a bit more than half season up to 31st January, all 3 of them, top of the league all of them: Wigan top by 3 points from 2nd Chelsea, WBA 7 points from 2nd Man U, and Swansea 1 point from 2nd Man City.

Never happen before in FM history. Aaaaaaaaarrrrghhhh, the pleasure to challenge with small teams and guide them to success is gone.

Any images for us to see?

What if I want to start with Marseille, I can do it I think. I do not have to start in Division 5 for a bit of difficulty.

Adjustable levels of difficulty allow good players to take more pleasure.

After everyone can choose their level according to its level.

So you want to manage Marseille, but make it very hard for them to win? I really don't understand this logic.

You have to realise that you are taking over a team that has had years of development and work put into it IRL. You can't just decide to ignore all of that and spit your dodie out when you win games that you are expected to and then perhaps some you don't.

PPS. Whoever said above that this was the wort idea ever, have a shiny gold star from me. You're 100% absolutely correct.

I have to agree a little in regards to finding the game a little easy. I must state i have yet to buy the full game so i will hold my judgement until then. But i have been playing as Wycombe who have been predicted to finish 22nd and have very little in the way of financies, so far i am 3rd and have lost no games. The one thing i would say is that i have always found that the 2nd season is harder than the first due mainly to players expectations geting higher etc. I hope that they never have a difficulty level, if you want this you should start playing console management games on the xbox etc

I'm fully in the no to adjustable difficulty camp. The game isn't easy especially if you don't pick a team such as Man Utd, Man City, Bayern, Marseille, PSG, Barca et al. These teams are top teams in their countries for a reason. Ah well I'll stick with my Peña Sport save for the Big Euro Challenge.

people xclaiming it's "the worst idea ever"

A idea I have seen posted off the top of my head.... Making wages spendable on cars and jewelry.

LOL play fifa manager then haha

I don't think a difficulty option is a good idea becouse as already stated choice of club ect does that, But it is far from the worste FM idea.

It is the WORST EVER idea imo

Ive taken charge of West Ham(best team in the championship) but set my P/E has sunday league and im top with a 7 point lead. I'm not moaning because i expected it and next season when im in the Prem il be getting beat most weeks so you have to pick.

Big fish in little pond or Little fish in big pond.

West ham is defo one of the top 3 teams in the championship. So I can't see it being tough to top the league

Zico 10

LOL ok then pick sutton utd and take them all the way to premiership glory withing 6 seasons!!! 7th season win the Champions league with them too. bet you cant!!! if its that easy ;-)

People stating that a difficulty setting "is the best idea ever!"

Define what should be in each difficulty setting. When you take into account that Football Manager is meant to realistically simulate the game of football and the behind the scenes work, you will quickly find that you CANNOT feasibly do so without destroying the key game concept!

Lower difficulty levels tend to accomodate a lower amount of algorithms limitting how many options a computer has to use, but doing that just lessens the game to where it is no longer a realistic simulation and defeating the whole point of the games existence. Conversely, higher difficulty levels demand more complex algorithms to increase the options for the computer. Yet you'll find that, if these new algorithms make the game more realistic, why aren't they on the "normal" setting? That then cheapens the "normal" setting just as much as "normal" does for "easy". And then, what if that isn't difficult enough? Whine until SI put in a "Hardcore" difficulty with even more algorithms? That just cheapens "hard" difficulty in the same way and it becomes a never ending cycle.

Difficulty levels in these types of games cannot be done. If you want to play with Marseille and have a challenge, tough. You've picked one of the best sides in the league so it's going to be significantly easier. Don't go whining that the game is too easy.

I haven't understod the point of managing a lower league team to get more of a challenge. Have any of you really tried lower leagues? It actually is a lot easier to succeed with these teams then the top flight teams... :confused:

Each division has its great,average and poor teams so you dont have to be in the lower leagues for a challenge really do you.

it is evident that the game is more difficult with a team of 5 th division as Man Utd but we need a balance. But winning the Champions League with a french club would be very difficult.

Marseille and Barcelona is not winning every game 4-0 or 5-0 is not fun. Our championship of France Marseille difficulties for several seasons. There is no team above the other.

I do not think that Marseille is the best European team

I am a very experienced player and FM2012 seems to me easier than the previous ones.

If it was that easy for you all on the demo why did you buy the full game? You can always make the game harder by selling all your top players and only get players from your youth team.

yes or I can also play with my LCD monitor off.

Some people make me laugh, I will go Marseille, the best team in the French league apart from possibly Lyon and PSG, and then I will have a moan after winning 15 out of 15. I bet the same poster will moan about the game being too difficult when a good European team knocks him out of the Champions League.

If you want FM to be difficult, go a non-league team in financial crisis with inferior players, and try to turn it around. Try to clear their debts, wheel and deal to progress up the leagues and make a bit of cash, interact with the board to improve facilities, expand the stadium, get into the football league and then try and consolidate when you're punching above your weight. Then go through it all again to try and progress to the next level. Then come back and tell us FM is too easy!

Neo14, in your opinion, what result should Marseille have?

You say you got 15 from 15... so the game it's too easy! What would be the "normal" for Marseille? 10 wins from 15?

I remember last year i struggle untill i find a tactic that suit my Benfica team. This year the "tactic process" was easier, because i'm using the same tactic, with the same results.

You, problably, play with Marseille last years. This year you already know the team, know the tactics, know whats need to be done. You apply the same recipe, and of course you will get good results from the start.

It's not the game that is easier... it's you that know the game alot better. Time to take a new challenge (different team).

In a couple of minuts i will play my first league game. I'm playing with Benfica, and in day one i'll play away against Porto. If i win for more then 0-4, then the game it's easier! ;)

Each division has its great,average and poor teams so you dont have to be in the lower leagues for a challenge really do you.

In the lower leagues there is not that much (value) difference between the top teams and the bottom teams. A few good signings in the lower leagues always tips the balance in the human team's advantage. After a season with the abundance of free transfers it is really easy to put together a team that is too strong for the league. It was like that in FM11 and if the SI are correct that the ME hasn't changed since then - then I can imagine it will still be the case...

The level of difficulty of the game is made by the team you choose. Take the English Premiership as an example:

- Hard: Wolves, QPR

- Medium: Liverpool, Tottenham

- Easy: Man City, Man United

If you choose Marseille, of course the France league will be a walk in the park. But what about the continental competition?

Well thats just not true. I tried with Wolves in the demo, and i put in a few rectrictions. tl;dr i used the default formation, and had my assistent do all pre/half/post time talks and media stuff. I made no substitutions during matches, nor did i buy any players. I was placed 9th when the demo ended, by just pressing the space button. Yay :(

That said, having easy/hard/normal is just plain stupid. Its the worst way to solve this. Get a whip and start whipping your coders, untill they improve the AI.

Edit: i forgot to mention, i am also in the league cup semi final

That said, having easy/hard/normal is just plain stupid.

Why ?

Could you please explain your sentence ? I mean the reasons why. Please bear in mind that the vast majority of games in the world in last 30 years had difficulty levels. Do you think that 30 years of video gaming history can be summarized with " stupid " ?

I really don't think so at all.

Thx

Why ?

Could you please explain your sentence ? I mean the reasons why. Please bear in mind that the vast majority of games in the world in last 30 years had difficulty levels. Do you think that 30 years of video gaming history can be summarized with " stupid " ?

I really don't think so at all.

Thx

I was unaware CM/FM had been around for 30 years. My bad.

Because introducing difficulty in a game like this, is just a a way for the CPU to cheat. It dosent play any better, if its still the same "stupid" AI. Especially a game with a fan base like FM who wants the game to be more and more realistic. Difficulty levels is not the way.

Have you ever played Fifa? (not fifa manager) there you can set the difficulty to amateur, prof, world class and legendary, and playing with each of these difficulty, you can see the CPU play better and better for every difficulty - improved AI. If Sigames could find a way to make the CPU make better transfers, better tactics, and so on, i would be all for it. But the way people talk ablut difficulty here, it seems like they just want the CPU to have advantages, which is just play stupid, due to the previously mentioned reasons.

Don't think FM nowdays has an " intelligent " AI who learns from its own mistakes and so on.

When SI sets FM's difficulty level gives to the AI some cheats of course, just for the reason you mentioned.

Slightly increasing or decreasing the easiness of FM wouldn't introduce a bunch of cheats where the AI all of a sudden decides to score from 80 meters just to please the difficulty level. The fact that we do not perceive the AI cheats to simulate the human mind it doesn't necessarily mean that FM uses a intelligent AI otherwise it would be the first case in the history.

What you would accept is the thing we are complaining for, a smarter and improved AI that will challenge a bit more the human in a way that the human couldn't win 30 matches with Wolves for example just at the very first season of gaming.

I also hate cheating both from the AI or the human.

I would accept this game was too easy if the examples were coming from people brand new to the game, not those who have played every edition for the past 10 years, again ill say like i said before, if, after 5 years of playing FM you do not find it somewhat easier i would be very surprised.

For information, in my scenario I also take 4th division clubs and it is so easy, it's just longer to reach the top.

I had all the CM and FM, and I noticed that the games were more easily

was it easy the very first time you played, or has it become progressively easier as you have played through each version?

adjustable difficulty levels? like what? less money? AI players with better attributes? no one wants to sign for you? i don't get it..

I don't get how hard this is meant to be. You can have this:

+5

+4

+3

+2

+1

Normal

The plus and minus is for each attribute for each player on the game who is not on your team. So -1 would mean they are all down by one making the game easier. The game would be made for the regular difficulty. If some players are pissing through the game they can ramp it up, if people want to win the league with Emile Heskey as world footballer of the year then let them do that. You could draw a lot more sales with an option to make the game easier for ultra casual playing. It wont affect those playing on the regular level as normal.

I for one am certainly not finding the game easy. I have been playing FM since 2005 and although not the hardest of the series, by certain means, not the easiest either. Started as my home team Cardiff City, they have a good squad and media predicts me sixth. Having played the best part of ten games i am languishing mid table. Yes it will take a while to get used to the game but i'm thoroughly enjoying it and would like to thank SI for a wonderfully crafted game.

And to all the haters, stop hating and enjoy the game. If you need help that's what this forum is for, but theres no need to get all angry about it.

I couldn't be arsed reading through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been said. But...

Football Manager is meant to be a sim, the most realistic management sim you can get to be exact. The difficulty is as hard as you want to make it - if you start in the lowest leagues with no knowledge of the team you're managing, it's going to be hard (as I'm finding. Harrogate may well be second but every game I've played has been thought out fully before the team sheet is submitted). Start off with a top 3, 4 or even 5 side in the top league of that country and it's going to be significantly more easy. The only difference is the added pressure to succeed.

That is where the difficulty lies.

yes or I can also play with my LCD monitor off.

LOL :D :D

Yep. This is the way someone is suggesting to create own difficulty levels....anyway there are smarter ways SI is aware of, it would be just a matter of introducing options, like 3 levels of difficulty :

Beginner

Average ( like actually FM is set )

Experienced

The Average level will allow those who states it is right like now to play like they are actually doing into FM. I honestly do not see a reason to cut the possibility to experienced gamers to switch the difficulty level from occasional gamer like now to experienced.

Probably the worst thread on here, it's simple isn't it? pick a harder team, how about Swansea? try keeping them in the premiership, over years develop the team into champions league material.. anyway, just an example :rolleyes:

I found FM11 a good tough challenge, I've not played much of this yet, only about 10 games and its either easier than FM11 or I'm just a better manager :).

This wouldn't surprise me, felt the same about the demo. Oh well, i'll find some way of making it fun, like using less of the individual team talks. Not sure if that will matter yet or not. Will find out tomorrow!

I couldn't be arsed reading through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been said. But...

Football Manager is meant to be a sim, the most realistic management sim you can get to be exact. The difficulty is as hard as you want to make it - if you start in the lowest leagues with no knowledge of the team you're managing, it's going to be hard (as I'm finding. Harrogate may well be second but every game I've played has been thought out fully before the team sheet is submitted). Start off with a top 3, 4 or even 5 side in the top league of that country and it's going to be significantly more easy. The only difference is the added pressure to succeed.

That is where the difficulty lies.

Yeah but there really should be a challenge in managing a top team as well. Picking Man Utd should not mean you get to keep clicking continue while racking up wins. Would real life Man Utd keep winning easily with a random manager in charge, ex-footballer or not?

Basically every team has different ambitions and different objectives. It shouldn't really matter if you pick Chelsea or Eastwood Town, the challenge should still be there, as long as there are other teams around with similar ambitions and objectives.

Yeah but there really should be a challenge in managing a top team as well. Picking Man Utd should not mean you get to keep clicking continue while racking up wins. Would real life Man Utd keep winning easily with a random manager in charge' date=' ex-footballer or not?

Basically every team has different ambitions and different objectives. It shouldn't really matter if you pick Chelsea or Eastwood Town, the challenge should still be there, as long as there are other teams around with similar ambitions and objectives.[/quote']

Finally someone gets the point of the thread.

Archived