[FM12] Now You Do Not Punish Someone, English Or Otherwise, For Being Rubbish At FM...

SnakeXe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Edging closer to Serie A :thup:
Good start, promotion is key!
Very nice first half to the season.
Pretty good so far, hopefully you can challenge Messina for the top.

Cheers guys!

Good start to the season. Gutted to see Napoli down there :(

I know, pretty tempted to try my hand at sorting them out, but I want to take Verona all the way first.

Great start in Italy- would be good if both you and Messina went up!

Yeah that would be ideal!

Sorry I've not updated in a long while, I've not played any FM in a while due to busy-ness (apart from the England v ROTW game for a bit), getting back into it now though.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha! Perhaps in the build-up to FM13 I'll get the bug and rattle through a couple more seasons, but I'm very busy at the moment - critical time in my PhD right now, I basically have to convince a panel of lecturers that I'm not wasting their time and studying something worthwhile!

Haha! Perhaps in the build-up to FM13 I'll get the bug and rattle through a couple more seasons, but I'm very busy at the moment - critical time in my PhD right now, I basically have to convince a panel of lecturers that I'm not wasting their time and studying something worthwhile!

I hope they don't come upon this place :D

• 1 year later...

In case anyone is interested, I've carried on this save a little bit. I'm not going to do proper updates as I'm far too strapped for time these days, but thought I'd just drop a quick summary:

Season 33 - 2044/45

Absolutely monstered our way to promotion, winning the title with plenty to spare. I seem to remember we won every game after I started playing the save again. Shifted to a 4-3-1-2 as I noticed Randanovic (a January window signing) and Cortelessa were a classic little 'n large partnership in the making, and so they proved. Carlo Olivieri, the one youth product who's done anything at Verona, was a revelation in midfield.

Season 34 - 2045/46

Our small budget and reputation meant I couldn't rebuild the side quite as much as I'd have liked, but fortunately most of our key players were comfortably good enough to mount a survival bid. I did bring in a talented young AMC called Samuele Masi for a tiny fee from Serie C1 - he's gone on to win multiple Italian U21 caps so he's worked out quite nicely indeed. After a fairly shaky start we actually started winning quite a lot of games, and found ourselves inexplicably in with a shout of Champions League qualification, which we ultimately achieved with a 3rd place finish.

Currently about halfway through Season 35 - crashed out of the Champions League group with one win and five defeats from a tough group including Man City, Spartak Moscow and Lyon. We're still in line to requalify for the Champions League, which had to be the main aim really. I managed to strengthen the squad slightly, with our midfield in particular starting to look the part, but our defence is still basically the same one which got us promoted, and although I've signed a couple of strikers since, Randanovic and Cortelessa are still the first choice partnership. Hopefully with another season of Champions League football secured plus the finances being strengthened by another season in Serie A plus this season's Champions League money we should be able to kick on next year and really establish ourselves as a force. Inter are insanely strong - they've dropped 2 whole points so far this season - so overhauling them should provide a challenge worth sticking around for.

I'll keep chipping away at it in all likelihood, the AI have ruined Newcastle again so I have to finish the job with Verona then go back and fix the damage :)

I did finally pick up FM14 (I was so underwhelmed by FM13 that I kind of gave up on it for a while) and started a save on there, I might start a thread in similar un-elaborate fashion if I manage a few seasons in that. So far I've been sacked by Stockport for nearly getting them relegated when they expected promotion and got another job with Guiseley, so it's going well!

• 11 months later...

Archived