FM 2012 Horribly Slow!!

I also have a similar issue, the actual game runs fine, but when I click to look at a player or a club it takes a while. Interestingly it was fine when I first started it up and only began when I added loads of players to my shortlist. Took them off but no idfference.

I will try a new game without adding to my list!

G

Try what I did above - honestly, its made the world of difference. The shortlist was another thing that caused the game freezing for me.

Try what I did above - honestly, its made the world of difference. The shortlist was another thing that caused the game freezing for me.

tried all this but still slow, started new game Db of 40k players. As I say the game speed etc is fine, its clicking between players/clubs that is hanging. Strange thing is it was fine initially and with demo.....

It's a weird one

G

I also have a similar issue, the actual game runs fine, but when I click to look at a player or a club it takes a while. Interestingly it was fine when I first started it up and only began when I added loads of players to my shortlist. Took them off but no idfference.

I will try a new game without adding to my list!

G

tried all this but still slow, started new game Db of 40k players. As I say the game speed etc is fine, its clicking between players/clubs that is hanging. Strange thing is it was fine initially and with demo.....

It's a weird one

G

That is odd. Sorry to hear you're still having problems - what you describe is what I was experiencing. Hopefully they'll find a fix for all of us soon.

When I first played FM 2005 back in, well, 2005 on a Pentium M it ran slower than 2012 does on my 2500k despite the fact that I am running 98 leagues now and only a dozen back then, so I think this is just a matter of perspective - I expect FM to run slow, I expect to catch up on A Song of Ice and Fire while it processes, because that's how it's always been

Also, where the hump do you get 288,000 from :confused: these 98 playable leagues and a large database size are only pushing 140 odd thousand players

haven't seen any input lag on anyting like tactics screens or whatever, using the same CPU, what else were you running?

When I first played FM 2005 back in, well, 2005 on a Pentium M it ran slower than 2012 does on my 2500k despite the fact that I am running 98 leagues now and only a dozen back then, so I think this is just a matter of perspective - I expect FM to run slow, I expect to catch up on A Song of Ice and Fire while it processes, because that's how it's always been

Also, where the hump do you get 288,000 from :confused: these 98 playable leagues and a large database size are only pushing 140 odd thousand players

haven't seen any input lag on anyting like tactics screens or whatever, using the same CPU, what else were you running?

Adding all players with worldwide, continental and national rep, all international players, players from top clubs, etc... it soon adds up :thup:

As some of you, I find FM2012 a bit quicker than FM2011, but FM2012 is really sluggish in the tactics screen (ie when I want to modify a midfielder to become an advanced midfielder, it takes at least 5 seconds when it took 1/2 seconds in FM2011) or even in a match (Max speed, commentary only, etc... It takes 10 minutes to play a friendly match where it took 1 minute in FM2011). I think this is the kind of bugs you can find in a beta version, but no way in a final version, since the game is supposed to be tested...

I tried some hints we can find in the previous posts (Turning off 3D and uncheck everything here - Which I always do [Old school too...], and exclude FM and Steam from my virus scanner), but no change...

For now, I'm back with FM2011, hoping a second patch will come quickly, as it was the case for FM2011...

btw, my specs : Q9550 @ 2,83GHz, 4Gb of DDR2 [since I use WinVista 32bits, I actually have 3,5Go], 100Gb free in C: drive, NVidia 8600GT. My game : French divisions only (up to CFA), small database (9 000 players) [Much less than FM2011 : French divisions only (up to 7th division), large database (40 000 players)].

PS : Sorry for my English tonite, it's 1am here (GMT+2)... ;)

As some of you, I find FM2012 a bit quicker than FM2011, but FM2012 is really sluggish in the tactics screen (ie when I want to modify a midfielder to become an advanced midfielder, it takes at least 5 seconds when it took 1/2 seconds in FM2011) or even in a match (Max speed, commentary only, etc... It takes 10 minutes to play a friendly match where it took 1 minute in FM2011). I think this is the kind of bugs you can find in a beta version, but no way in a final version, since the game is supposed to be tested...

I tried some hints we can find in the previous posts (Turning off 3D and uncheck everything here - Which I always do [Old school too...], and exclude FM and Steam from my virus scanner), but no change...

For now, I'm back with FM2011, hoping a second patch will come quickly, as it was the case for FM2011...

btw, my specs : Q9550 @ 2,83GHz, 4Gb of DDR2 [since I use WinVista 32bits, I actually have 3,5Go], 100Gb free in C: drive, NVidia 8600GT. My game : French divisions only (up to CFA), small database (9 000 players) [Much less than FM2011 : French divisions only (up to 7th division), large database (40 000 players)].

PS : Sorry for my English tonite, it's 1am here (GMT+2)... ;)

Your english is quite fine :)

I just don't know, never experienced any problems with the demo. I doubt anything changed for the full game so yeah... it just seems strange i guess... Something here smells of a memory leak honestly.

Im running 14 leagues, all players from top clubs in Argentina and Brazil, as well as all players from top clubs in Europe + large database = 48000 players.

My star rating for speed with this setting is 4/5 stars.

Personally, I fnd the game VERY quick.

I have an i7 2600k processor (overclocked to 4.5) 8gb RAM and I've just upgraded to a SSD.

That's ridiculous amount of players you are loading..., 280k ?!

Doesn't make much sense for FM 2012 especially when it now has a feature where you can remove and add leagues mid game.

My rig is 2600k / 8gb ram / GTX 460 etc -

I normally have a database with 50.000 players and try not to exceed that. For me, though, FM 2012 is slightly faster and smoother than FM 2011.

It really sounds like a driver issue to me. Either your graphics drivers are not up to date, or it's a problem with the latest version of the graphics drivers for your brand of graphics card.

Most of the people with this problem seem to have an Nvidia card.

• 2 weeks later...

The same problem for me.

I have two high end rigs, and both are slow in menus when i play FM 2012.

1: Office-PC

i7 2500

12gb RAM

580 GTX

2: Home-PC

i7 2600k

16gb RAM

580 GTX SLI

Perhaps there is something wrong with Nvidia, because Battlefield 3 and FM 2012 is the only games that doesn't work properly on both rigs. Either bad drivers from Nvidia or memory-leak i would think...

How could you have that amount of players with only 4 leagues?

I think he has load all "Europe players". I reached that number too, before only loading French players with the large database.

• 1 month later...

If you have an high-end computer but agonazingly slow FM 2012 which wasn't before then you've added lots of players to your shortlists. Eve if you delete from your shortlist it is slow again.

So what you should do is deleting the shortlists in your Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\shortlists\ folder!

Signed up for this!

• 3 months later...

Just a suggestion that helped me.... I am playing FM 2012 on a macbook pro and my game just seem to run slower and slower for each season i progressed... I had saved alot of news as notes (even thou I really didn´t read them again) so I deleted all of them and that worked wonders for me... the game is back in full speed even without deleting my shortlist of players... hope this might help someone...

Daniel

Archived