[FM12] Adventures Of The Unexperienced

Ashcymru

My first real attempt at a journeyman career. Done the normal thing of low reputation / start unemployed etc... I have been offered my first job at SSV Jahn Regensburg. Currently they have played 10 games and are sitting one spot from the bottom of the table. However 10 games is nothing and I hope to make this up soon. The history of the club seems to give me the impression that they would be expected to finish mid-table (I didn't get expectations - is that normal taking over a club after season starts?). I am on a two year contract and I would love to get them promoted in this time.

Team screenshots / league screenshots to come tonight.

OK, so I have discovered two things

a) Doing this is much much more work than managing Man Utd as I normally do

b) I am absolute crap at getting screenshots to work so you are just going to have to have my written account of my game so far.

FINANCES

Currently £450,000 in the red

60k wage budget, spending 61k

Due to this the board have naturally made it impossible for me to sign players. No-one wants to buy my players but many having contracts running out at the end of the season so I shall let them go. Cannot renew any contracts as the board are only letting me offer £375p/w but the average wage of the squad is £2100. I can forsee this becoming a problem in the later stages of the season but I have no idea how to rectify it so I am just leaving that for the moment.

I am hoping a good run of results will help increase our attendances which have been fairly poor at the moment, leading to more revenue.

GAMES

Really impressed with the team actually, hard to believe they were under performing in the first place.

3 - 1 Werder II (H)

2 - 1 Osnabruck (A)

1 - 0 Offenbach (H)

4 - 2 Sandhausen (A)

This game deserves a special mention as it was 2 - 2 at the 89 minute mark before two lovely counter attacks paid off and we got two goals!

1 - 0 Burghausen (H)

So some good results, this has moved us up to 4th in the table, 4 points from 3rd spot. Once again early days though. I have been lucky enough to be blessed with some good players who are performing really well as a team. Hopefully this can continue and I see no reason why we cannot be challenging for 2nd/3rd place.

Unfortunately got knocked out of the German Cup in the second round with a 2 - 0 loss to Furth. However they are the league above us (4th place at that), and we already exceeded board expectations in the competition so can't really complain. Would much prefer to concentrate on the league anyway if I am honest.

FORMATION

4-4-2, fluid, reasonably wide, zonal marking

NEXT...

My aims for the next few months (FM time) are to somehow attempt to bring more revenue into the game, get everything running efficiently back of house with training, getting everyone up to speed and reading off the same page. Ideally my aim for this season was to build a squad to challenge for promotion next season (I have a 2 year contract). However with the current run of results I may see if I can speed up the process. My only worry being if the board continue to be this tight I have doubts my current squad could cope in D2.

Archived