An European Journeyman Adventure

danielgear

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recent Results:

finaldayresults.jpg

A win vs Sambendettese would of put me 4 points ahead of them and 1 game left so I would of been safe, instead I need to win last game and hope results go my way or ill be in relegation playout

As it stands going into final day:

finalday.jpg

I have Messina who are 10th

Ravenna Vs Valenzana

Sambenedettese Vs Salerno (18th)

Viterbese Vs Savona (11th)

Hoping for Valenzana to beat Ravenna which would make me safe if i win.

In Other News:

kurskrelegated.jpg

Since I left they won only 5 games. Half the players i brought in weren't even used after I left.

Final Day:

fd3.jpg

We did all we could, we got the 3 points that were available, it was a tense game, would it be enough?

fd1.jpg

The other results rolled in and Ravenna's Result vs Valenzana saved us and put Valenzana in the playout

fd2.jpg

Full season update on way

Season 2012-13 Review:

Following my sacking from Krymteplytsya at the end of the previous season I was appointed Manager of Avangard Kursk in Russia, I spent £100,000+ on players we had a good start and then a bad run of results saw my name mentioned to be sacked so i jumped ship on 6th october 2012. This Proved to be a good move as they were relegated at the end of the season. Could i Have kept them up? We will never know.

Avangard Kursk Final Table

Then on the 22nd of November 2012 I took over the Vacant Rimni job. They were struggling both on and off the pitch a midtable team down in the relegation zone. I made the choice to use this season as a transitional period, I got rid of all the Overage overpaid players and deadwood and as the under20s were full of 4.5*/5* potential rated players I decided to throw them in the deep end as well as bringing in a few young players to improve the squad.

Transfers In:

EOSsignings.jpg

My record at Rimni

PL24 W9 D6 L9 GD-2 PTS33

Final League Table:

EOStable.jpg

As you can see the midtable between both playoffs zones is quite small I'm confident we can get in the promotion playoffs next season.

Players:

EOSplayerstats.jpg

Francesco Morga: Top Scorer 10 in 18 when I took over he was rotting in reserves. hes my 5th best striker according to reports but when I had an injury crisis I chucked him in and he repaid me and hasnt been out of team since.

Matteo Ton: My Rock at the back consitent solid and never injured. made most apperances this season and will be named captain next season. He also made team of the year

teamofyear.jpg

Giovanni Novelli: I have already mentioned he broke the record as youngest player, his potential is massive and he made his 1st start in the final game of the season and ran the show. massive hopes for this lad.

Gianmarco Zigoni: My star signing but hardly played always injured (ive linked his injuries) hopefully next season he will shine

Overview:

I did what I set out to do, I have put the club in a place to push on, when I took over they were overpaying rubbish players and now I have a young squad with massive potential to push on Playoffs is the aim next season I'll be disappointed if I dont get there.

Pre-season Round Up

I did my transfer dealings early

IN:

transfersin.jpg

OUT:

transfersout.jpg

Transfer Review:

Im happy with the strength of the squad and I fancy us to push for playoffs and an outside chance of automatic promotion. I could be wrong

Pre-season Results:

pre-season-2.jpg

Lost all of them but boosted the coffers

Finances:

finances.jpg

Club looks in a much better financal footing now.

August 2013 round up:

Our season started with 3 cup group games.

Results:

Augresults.jpg

Table As it stands:

augtable.jpg

I think we have all but quailfied for the next round. one game to go and a point will ensure it

Monthly Review:

After losing 5 pre-season games to much better oppostion it was great to start the season with 2 wins and a draw from 3 games

Player of the Month:

augpom.jpg

Zigoni started this season with a bang and looks like hes making up for his slow start to his Rimni career with 2 goals in 3 games

September 2013

Results:

septresults.jpg

Our unbeaten run continues to 8 games now following 3 wins and 2 draws this month

Cup Group:

septcupgroup.jpg

Cup Draw:

septcupdraw.jpg

Spezia are in the league above us so will be a tough test

League Table:

septlgtable.jpg

An unbeaten start puts us in 4th place hopefully we can continue this progress

Player of month:

Fabio Cusano: 4 games 2 goals 1 assist 2 man of the match performances and an average rating on 7.28 he has been a star this month.

Monthly Review:

Our good start has continued the new players have gelled well with the players from last season, the young GK and CM who i started the season with have stamped their names into the team keeping out more experienced players so all is going well. hopefully we can keep this run going.

October 2013

Results

octresults.jpg

League Table

octlgtable.jpg

3rd Round cup draw

octcup-1.jpg

Player of the Month

octpom.jpg

Giovanni Novelli - He came to prominance towards the end of last season after becoming the youngest player to ever play for Rimni but this month he has shown why he is the 1st name on my team sheet with solid performances. I see a future captain in him.

Montly Review

October saw our unbeaten run come to an end, however we are still in a great league postion and into the 3rd round of the cup. I was also glad to pick up a win after 2 defeats out of 3. Hopefully November we can get back on a good run and into the playoff spots,

November 2013

Results:

novresults.jpg

Nearly another unbeaten month but we are 5 unbeaten in the league

League Table:

novlgtable.jpg

Postioned nicely I would like to get in the playoff spots asap and cement a postion there

Cup:

novcup.jpg

We need Trapani to beat Pro Vercelli 1 or 2-0 on December the 11th to progress to the semi finals but we have done a great job getting this far

Player of the month:

novpom.jpg

Simone Smacchia - Scored his first for the club then followed it up with another 3 in the next 2 league games hopefully he will continue

Monthly Overview:

Another good month, I was disappointed we didnt wrap up the cup group and lost to pro vercelli with an 89 minute own goal but we have been on another good run i just wanna get in that playoff spot

Cup Update

Trapani vs Pro Vercelli Result

We needed Trapani to win by 1 or 2 clear goals but no more than that

cup.jpg

Final Group Table

cuptable.jpg

News Report

cupnews.jpg

Semi Final Draw

semifinal.jpg

We have top of the league Carpi who have only lost once this season in the league they are also our next league game so will be able to see if we have a chance. Its a 2 legged semi and we have to wait until feb to play it

December 2013

Results

decresults.jpg

3 wins and 2 draws another unbeaten month

League Table

declgtable.jpg

We have got our playoff spot we just gotta hold onto it now

Player of the Month

decpom.jpg

Francesco Morga - He's Back!! he missed the first few months of the season but 5 goals in 5 games hopefully he can keep banging them in and push us on to secure us a playoff or above place

Monthly Review

Another unbeaten month we just gotta keep it up after the winter break

January 2014

Results

janresults.jpg

Our 1st defeat in 12 league games was a disappointment but 6 points from 9 isnt too bad for playoff hopes

League table

janlgtable.jpg

6 points clear of 7th place we need to maintain this gap

Player of the month

janpom.jpg

Salvatore Aiello - Has made a strong centre half pairing with Captain Ton and this month he was man of the match 2 out of 3 games and scored the only goal vs Prato

Monthly Review

As we run into the final 3rd of the season we are just where I hoped we would be, A title push would be nice but I think its abit beyond us we are 8 points behind 2nd. you never know

March 2014

Results

marchres.jpg

League Table

marchtable-1.jpg

Monthly Review

After a great first half to the season since the winter break we are throwing it all away, we are on a bad run and if it continues in April we will miss out on the playoffs. we have 7 games left I think we need 5 wins to grab that 6th place

April Update

Results

aprilresu.jpg

League Table

aprillg.jpg

We have blown it a bad second half of the season and we missed the chance to make the playoffs, a big improvement on last season but not where I want to be

Contract Offer

aprilJO.jpg

I delayed the offer until the end of the season because I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, any suggestions would be welcome

Monthly review

Another disappointing month, the 1st half of the season really raised expecations maybe unrealstically but in the end we fell short

Archived